Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by welch »

16bitheretic wrote:I honestly don't know why I bothered to type that long essay-post last night as everything I said got ignored and/or went right over their heads.

The only thing which actually got addressed was one Pharyngula poster claiming I was strawmanning their offense to the use of gendered slurs. Strawman!? I outlined how people in their circles cry foul at ANY use of certain words regardless of the context of how it was used, who it was used at and what the intent was. I explained how they themselves were being sexist and the best they can do to address my points is whine that I called their moral outrage "puritanical" and then go on to ignore their own sexist attitudes while still parroting the line that any time one uses a word like bitch it degrades all women. The way they get offended at any use of certain words is just like the religious people who scream offense if you ridicule certain prophets or use a deity's name in the wrong way. That was no strawman.
tina wrote:
KiwiInOz unplugged wrote:
tina wrote:snip 16's bits

Fucking hell....I want to marry 16bit. She's turned me gay. Cunt.
And she better be into bigamy (or at least polyamory)
You leave 16bits bits alone Snipper!
Hey now, I am straight you know...but maybe if you all gimme lots and lots to drink....

(^_-)-☆
Here, a special roofie latte, just for you!

welch

Post by welch »

Jan Steen wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: Nugent has some nerve to lecture us on the correct targets for satire and parody when he blatantly quote-mines :liar: sections from various sections of this site, all the while ignoring the mountains of sexism, racism and antisemitism within his own groups forum.
I can almost hear Nugent saying, "I'm not a hypocrite," in the way Nixon said "I'm not a crook."

Or: "It's not a crime when the president does it."
It's the latter quote. Nugent's a lying sack of shit given how many of his "slymepit" quotes don't actually originate here.

welch

Post by welch »

DGS wrote:
welch wrote:
Yep. It's also clearly an attempt to make vacula the face of the pit. He most certainly is not, no one is.
The girls would be good though
better your face than my ugly mug :-P

Apples

diaf

Post by Apples »

Pharyngula Fireworks
fuck it. FUCK THEM. And [named commenter], do something other than tut tut or die in a fire.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... tolerable/
the porcupines are still located to the left of the door as you leave. Grab on. Shove it where it will do the most good (to the entire world), and then go die in a fire. Slowly.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... 6/targets/
Go die in a fire, you hateful piece of shit.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... eddlesome/
You’re a hypocrite and a scumbag piece of shit. Die in a fire.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... fun-to-me/
[Named commenter], #8: die in a fire and take [named commenter] along with you.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... nt-page-1/
In my book, you’re a sociopathic scumbag who needs to die in a fire if you can’t even manage a decent fucking apology without trying to be cute. You’re not cute. You’re a disgusting piece of shit.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ot-pology/
Go fucking die in a fire, [named commenter]. And, no, I am not fucking kidding.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... er=desktop
Die in a fire, [named commenter], you putrescent scumball.

The entire ownership and staff of Faux ‘News’, along with most of its viewership should (to turn a popular Pharyngulite phrase) DIE IN A FIRE!!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... s-warfare/
[Named commenter], Your post is so fucking wrong. I don’t even know where to start so I will keep it simple. Fuck off and die in a fire. Slowly.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... nt-page-1/
[Named commenter] says about me:
“you are the kind of sick fuck”
“you’re a disgusting waste of human flesh”
“DIAF” [= Die In A Fire!]
I’m just being curious, do you find these utterances still tolerable?

Response: You’re absolutely right about [named commenter] and I shall chastise him forthwith: [Named commenter], stop being so gentle and mild-mannered to [named commenter]. He should be properly described as whaleshit, the nastiest, most slimy mess in the depths of the ocean. He should be pounding so many decaying porcupines up his asshole that quills start coming out of his ears.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Holy. Fuck. Some awesome posts there!

welch

Post by welch »

rocko2466 wrote:
DGS wrote:
welch wrote:
Yep. It's also clearly an attempt to make vacula the face of the pit. He most certainly is not, no one is.
The girls would be good though
Uh yeah. Welch is the face of the pit. So is Franc. The two warring faces. Could they ever be as one again?
I'm not sure "Spy vs. Spy" is the rep you really want here.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

If anyone else is reading that thread, am I being unreasonable with Brony or is he/she willfully missing the point/trying to save face?

It's like watching someone in a fight standing there asking to be punched over and over again and insisting that it doesn't hurt when it's obvious he's bloody, pulpy mess.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Code: Select all

Term............. FTB General....Pharyngula
Fucking.......... 15,200.........6,760....
Asshole............7,870.........4,490....
creationist........5,900.........2,880....
misogynist.........5,220.........1,900....
You are a moron....2,560.........2,200....
Scum...............2,300...........916....
Fuckwit............2,020........ 1,300....
Fuck off and die...1,110...........787....
Fuck Sideways........581.......... 395....
Die in a fire........165.......... 112....
Racist scum..........861...........530....
Expanded. Apples does the qualitative search, there is the quantitative one. If you try the terms, you find some pretty good comments quickly. Also of note: FTB is generally moderated.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

welch :clap:

John Brown :clap:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I'm confused.
Wowbagger insists that he has only ever made the die in a fire statement one time and we are terrible for bringing it up because, you know, it was just one time.
Not two.

Just one.

And he never repeated it.
It wasn't like him to say it in the first place.
Thats why it could only ever have been one time.

Not two.

http://i.imgur.com/1UcZvkQ.jpg

That must have been it.

OK wowbagger.

Well give you that one mistake.

Just as long as you never, ev..,

http://i.imgur.com/i0AZvTc.png

:doh:

cunt

Post by cunt »

I'd say Brony is desperately trying to change the subject. Thinking that if he admits he's full of shit about even one thing that it will automatically invalidate any other point he's making. Also, he's probably this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/yF4czZa.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ericb wrote:http://logo.cafepress.com/5/142414.1326555.JPG

What the hell is going on with this one?
Here's a clue

[youtube]GTZWXrVWtvg[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:I'd say Brony is desperately trying to change the subject. Thinking that if he admits he's full of shit about even one thing that it will automatically invalidate any other point he's making. Also, he's probably this guy.

I'll see your brony and raise you this twat: http://s141.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... c.jpg.html

As long as I live and no matter what I see I will never understand this fucking brony shit.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

bhoytony wrote:

Here's a clue

Oh, I get the pot of gold part (and I love Richard Thompson btw) it's just the picture and the accent that puzzles me.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

(Re-posted from the museum, where I put it by accident)

Just left this on Michael Nugent's blog. Currently in moderation. Let's see how fair he is:
Tigzy March 4, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Well Michael, seems I haven’t been the only one compiling a list of what we see as the worst excesses of the other ‘side’, as it were. In the interests of fairness, I thought I’d share with you some examples of nasty pushback against…well, anyone who disagrees with the FTB lot, really:

(Trigger warning for excessive violence and lots of wishes that people die in a nasty manner. Shedloads of wishes, in fact.)

‘*Breaks two liquor bottles and brandishes the jagged necks.*
I WILL cut you abear, you stupid fucking troll.’

‘spectator, no decent person wants to interact with someone like you. Go die in a fire. No, I’m not being hyperbolic. I actually mean I want you to die in a fire.’
(Yes, I know Wowbagger complained about this one being brought up again. Anyone would think him ashamed at such a display of incivilty, or something)

‘I wouldn’t go to TAM now if it was across the street from me and free. I’d just load up on more ammo, in case any of you cretins got the wrong idea of what I think of sexist garbage like you.’

‘go fuck yourself. Off a bridge or something.’

‘ “I went looking and I am sorry Amy but you need to get a backbone”
Mind if I tear yours out and give it to her?’

‘Call me a spic and I’ll snap your damn neck.’

‘btw, I’m going to break your neck wasn’t a threat. We were discussing racial slurs and what’s acceptable and I mentioned I have no qualms snapping the neck of someone who calls me a spic.’
(Julian, clarifying the statement above, just in case anyone got the wrong idea about him, presumably)

‘How’s this, Jimmy, you fucking two-faced lying bag of shit?
You go fuck yourself. Get something heavy and sharp. Die whilst doing it if possible.’

‘Arcus, the next time you feel like writing “My guess would be”, go find an industrial press, have them engrave one of the plates with that phrase, and stick your fucking head in.’

‘If Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey were eviscerated and their guts spread along the length of the Equator, it would be a nice start.’

‘AHAHHAHA I hope you get hit by a car! Seriously! Play in the street!’

‘Go take a nap in a deep lake.’

‘Fuck off and die. Seriously. You’re even scarier than I thought; a full-on narcissistic fuck who cares more about his abstract humor affectations than he does about real people.
I pity your wife.’

‘Go die, Lion.’

‘Seriously. Please die. I mean that. I’m really eager for you and the bigots of your generation to take a dirt nap; it’s the most effective way for marginalized people to have one damned bit of breathing room without looking over their shoulders wondering who’s going to rape them, beat them, get them fired, and then gloat to the boss that “they had it coming.”
You can’t imagine the satisfaction I get watching your cohort succumb to attrition. Every one of you who dies is one fewer voter who can push through legislation legalizing forced pregnancy, consequence-free rape, and socially approved queer bashing.
Age early and often.’
(Josh Spokesgay, clarifying things just in case people thought he was only a nasty little git)

‘You are scum. I would no more trust you than I would trust a priest with a young child.’
(Janine Hallucinating Liar, to Justin Vacula)

‘Why is it that every time there’s a protracted argument about how Muslims are clearly more evil than everyone else, there seems to be a goddamn Australian at the centre of it all?
Goddamn genocidal racist motherfuckers.’
(Anthony K, aka Brownian, expressing his disgust at racism by, er, being xenophobic)

The following were proudly compiled by Aratina Cage, from Pharyngula when it was housed at SciBlogs:

‘Take a greased pole and fuck yourself.’

‘Fuck yourself with a sharp stick’

‘find a splintering stick and fuck yourself up the ass’

‘go fuck yourself. And then die in a fire’

‘Go. Fuck. Yourself. With a Hefty Bag full of rottweilers’

‘Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw in that festering pustule of an asshole of yours’

‘Fuck yourself Charles- IN THE ASS’

‘You can fuck yourself with a razor-bladed stick and go die in a ditch, you pompous, lying, gutless, disingenuous fuck’

‘Take your gun, lube the barrel and fuck your self in the ass.’

‘you should be fucked sideways with a rusty knife’

‘Do us all a favor and kill yourself before you have a chance to have children’

‘you can go fuck yourself. Do it deep, long and hard.’

‘Go die in a fucking fire. The world will be a better place without you in it.’

‘I will, however, say that this fuck up here is a complete asshole and needs to die in a fire’

‘Go and die painfully, okay?’

‘Go fuck yourself sideways with a rusting chainsaw, you vapid, godbotting wank’

‘fuck yourself up the ass with a splintering cross’

And just in case anyone should think things improved once PZ Myers moved to Freethought Blogs:

‘I’m not just “ranting”, I’m acting on my cause, which right now is to rid the world of master trolls like you. And my chosen course of action in service of that cause is to feed the troll until it explodes. Now fuck off and die.’

‘You know what? Suck it [named commenter]. And fuck off and die. You’re no ally; you’re an apologist. Get the hell out of here.’

‘You are such a piece of honky shit, pretending they do so as much as they did prior. Fuck off and die.’

‘Being a “honky McStraighterson,” I didn’t need to fucking read this bullshit. Fuck off and die, [named commenter].’

‘Fuck off and die under your bridge. You’ll make much better compost than you make a simulacrum of humanity, precious.’

‘Fuck off and die, asshole. And before you do, learn how to spell “shit”.’

‘And you know her motivations how? Fuck off and die.’

‘Fuck off and die, you scum-sucking bottom feeder. You deserve to have a dumptruck’s worth of used tampons and maxipads and pee sticks emptied over your car, preferably after they’ve been fermenting in the hot sun for a month.’

‘Fuck off and die. You’re a scum bag and I wouldn’t turn my back on you for any amount of money. You’re the reason I have to keep my guard up for myself and my friends. You pose as an ally but you’re an enabler or worse.’

‘Pre-emptive response to whiny MRAs: fuck off and die, assholes.’

‘Fuck off and die, [named person]. Perferably the latter.’

‘Fuck off and die, slimepitter. Honest enough for you, asshole?’

‘Fuck off and die, you asswipe troll.’

‘What a vile fucking sack of shit you are. Please fuck off and die you lying misogynist scumbag’

‘Fuck off and die in a fire. Pretty please. ‘

‘Fuck off and die, you revolting flap of skin, and stop whining about being treated rudely’

‘Go take a nap in an incinerator virtualsatyr. You repugnant fuck. You don’t deserve your mother.’

‘So, benniepoo, jump off a bridge. You’re unworthy of our oxygen.’

‘Die in a fire, you filthy rapist.’
(Courtesy Stevarious, despite their being no evidence that the person he was responding to is a rapist)

…and there’s plenty more where that came from, if the backlog is anything to go by.

All things considered, I’ll settle for the Slymepit, whatever its faults may be. Unlike Freethought Blogs – which your pal Ophelia has made her happy home, Michael – the commentariat generally don’t leave me feeling quite so sick and disgusted as the likes of Anthony K, Josh Spokesgay, Julian, Wowbagger et al do.

The sickest thing is that simply by dint of at least not straying wholly into sexist and racist territory, they probably consider themselves as empathic, decent human beings.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

He must be a Rastafarian Leperechaun

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

The (where da gold at) leprechaun explained

[youtube]D-Rt56n-vC4[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:I'd say Brony is desperately trying to change the subject. Thinking that if he admits he's full of shit about even one thing that it will automatically invalidate any other point he's making. Also, he's probably this guy.

blaming feminism for bronies is pretty fucking low.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ericb wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Here's a clue

Oh, I get the pot of gold part (and I love Richard Thompson btw) it's just the picture and the accent that puzzles me.
I know. It was really just an excuse to post that song, possibly the most depressing ever written and sung to a newborn baby. I love it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Depressing? Pah! That was mildly maudlin.
THIS is a depressing song:
[youtube]-CGIii_eTOk[/youtube]

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I agree with him, he shouldn't be called gay, a woman or a pedophile. The word you're looking for is virgin.

tina

Post by tina »

Oh god...it's pitiful to watch. Why won't mummy and daddy come to save them, why?

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Maximus wrote:welch :clap:

John Brown :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

welch wrote:My comment on Nugent's pack of bullshit post:
So many things to say, such a small internet.
<SNIP
Totally awesome post ... I am so glad people like you exist with the time and patience to call people on their BS ... I wouldn't have the energy

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Martin Wagner's a fucking douche who doesn't know what a "misogynist" is. He's been happy to throw that term around so loosely when anyone comes close to challenging their dogmatic brand of feminism, as a Christian would throw the terms "heretic", "sinner", "satanic", at non-believers.
Ah, so that Martin poster WAS him! I thought it might be!

All the more amusing that he's posting in a thread condemning people for their use of language, taken out of context, when his fellow Atheist Experience blog mates, who now post on FTB, once had an episode of the Non-Prophets podcast wherein they discussed why Ann Coulter is a cunt. Yes, they discussed why she is the C-WORD OMG!

This episode pre-dated appearances on that podcast by PZ Myers, who didn't seem to view the people of Austin's atheist podcasting community as sexists and misogynists. I guess between then and now that word took on some extra magical qualities, or something. Either that or these people like Martin just have a very, very black and white, simplistic view of the world and issues involving social politics.

Chilly P.

Post by Chilly P. »

Leprechaun reported in Alabama

Rap Video based on quotes from the "Report"

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

LMU wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Thanks Apples - LMU has just kindly put it in the museum, along with all the other nasty FTB shite.
I just took Aneris' post with the table too. I hope no one minds. I provided a link back to this thread for context.
I did also attempted to post it there, but it vanished somehow. Sure, go ahead. :D

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

16bitheretic wrote:
Martin Wagner's a fucking douche who doesn't know what a "misogynist" is. He's been happy to throw that term around so loosely when anyone comes close to challenging their dogmatic brand of feminism, as a Christian would throw the terms "heretic", "sinner", "satanic", at non-believers.

All the more amusing that he's posting in a thread condemning people for their use of language, taken out of context, when his fellow Atheist Experience blog mates, who now post on FTB, once had an episode of the Non-Prophets podcast wherein they discussed why Ann Coulter is a cunt. Yes, they discussed why she is the C-WORD OMG!

This episode pre-dated appearances on that podcast by PZ Myers, who didn't seem to view the people of Austin's atheist podcasting community as sexists and misogynists. I guess between then and now that word took on some extra magical qualities, or something. Either that or these people like Martin just have a very, very black and white, simplistic view of the world and issues involving social politics.
Please, please find that video. That will be gold. I will beat Wagner's freckled, cottage-cheese arse with it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

16bitheretic wrote:

More recently one of the hosts (Shilling?) called someone a cunt on the show and nobody said anything to him.
One rule for them.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Depressing? Pah! That was mildly maudlin.
THIS is a depressing song:
Nah, Asleep is pretty gloomy, but for sheer, bleak, depressing misery then singing this as a lullaby to a baby takes some beating. Fantastic!

The End Of The Rainbow :

I feel for you, you little horror
Safe at your mother's breast
No lucky break for you around the corner
'Cos your father is a bully
And he thinks that you're a pest
And your sister, she's no better than a whore

Life seems so rosy in the cradle
but I'll be a friend, I'll tell you what's in store
There's nothing at the end of the rainbow
There's nothing to grow up for anymore

Tycoons and barrow boys will rob you
And throw you on the side
And all because they love themselves sincerely
And the man holds a bread-knife
Up to your throat, is four feet wide
And he's anxious just to show you what it's for

Your mother works so hard to make you happy
But take a look outside the nursery door

All the sad and empty faces
That pass you on the street
All running in their sleep, all in a dream
Every loving handshake
Is just another man to beat
How your heart aches just to cut him to the core

Life seems so rosy in the cradle
but I'll be a friend, I'll tell you what's in store

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I'll see your brony and raise you this twat: http://s141.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... c.jpg.html

As long as I live and no matter what I see I will never understand this fucking brony shit.

I call:

http://s141.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... 8.png.html

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

WTF. I am dumber for having read that. :shock:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Hey Aneris, that is a sneaky avatar. I kept thinking I was seeing things when it started moving. Or was I?

(I also thought that I was a pervert)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Submariner wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Michael Nugent responds to my response of his two questions concerning why feminists experience online pushback:

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/03 ... -internet/
Trigger warning: For readers not familiar with the type of material published on The Slymepit website, please be aware that you may find the comments quoted in this article to be abusive, shaming and very disturbing.
Hey, one of mine made the list of bad SlimePit things, heheh.
9. Many [feminists] try to be ugly on purpose (especially lesbians – crewcut hair + ugly hipster glasses), in hopes that less men will think sexual thoughts about them, and conversely, others do the opposite of that, a kind of stubborn insistence that men should find them attractive without them having to groom, or look good, or even despite looking fugly bad.
I remember saying that here a while back. It's not just insulting though. It's true. They can't look past the packaging (me mocking their absurdity) to see my message (me pointing out their absurdity).

One of mine made it too, Scented. I defended it last page. I don't post on Nugget's blog. (I'm taking Vacula's advice and not engaging the dissenters.)
I hardly ever comment at any of the feminist blogs either anymore. You never know if it's all for nothing. They are a little too delete and ban happy, which is off-putting, just like they intend.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Oh....Wha...I.....I....Excuse me folks. I need to do something....
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m741f ... o1_400.gif

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Michael Nugent responds to my response of his two questions concerning why feminists experience online pushback:

Trigger warning: For readers not familiar with the type of material published on The Slymepit website, please be aware that you may find the comments quoted in this article to be abusive, shaming and very disturbing.
9. Many [feminists] try to be ugly on purpose (especially lesbians – crewcut hair + ugly hipster glasses), in hopes that less men will think sexual thoughts about them, and conversely, others do the opposite of that, a kind of stubborn insistence that men should find them attractive without them having to groom, or look good, or even despite looking fugly bad.
I remember saying that here a while back. It's not just insulting though. It's true. They can't look past the packaging (me mocking their absurdity) to see my message (me pointing out their absurdity).
It is also my understanding that you might be a person qualified to make statements about things that feminists do. Propositions that ought to be treated as factual propositions to be rebutted rather than as crass insults?

From my position referring to "feminists" is using an area weapon that is going to falsely tar a dozen people inappropriately for every one intended target, if you take "feminist" to mean "someone who identifies as a feminist" (though I know that number is decreasing). My guess is that a large number of feminists have never heard of the concepts of "privilege" etc. That's not to say there isn't a reading of that which makes sense, my point is that it is a vanishingly small proportion of feminists who I think are arguing dishonestly.

I never called myself a feminist personally, but that's because I think it's a movement that should be completely in the hands of women for them to make their case etc. Most often when I see a man identify as a "feminist" he is about to say something that is going to piss off a lot of women.
Well, I know for sure that in the 80s, some women "butched" themselves up a bit so that men would be less likely to be interested in them. For most of my time in the 80s, my hair was cut very short in current dyke fashion at the time. It did make men less interested in me. At one point for a couple years, I let it grow long, and I remember being annoyed that men were noticing me (I was in full cult denial of the straight side to my bisexuality), so I cut it short again. Then at the end of the 80s, I grew it long again. By that point, when I left the cult, I was no longer trying to avoid men sexually, so I also did not cut my hair short again. I do get much luckier (sex-wise) with it long. It never made a difference with the women, however.

welch

Post by welch »

Ericb wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

I call:

http://s141.beta.photobucket.com/user/s ... 8.png.html
I send that to melissa. Her response: *snicker*

"HE IS THE MAN IN THAT RELATIONSHIP!" I reply with.

"Well of HORSE he is. Don't be such a neigh-sayer"

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Trophy wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
DGS wrote: You sick commie fuck
What's wrong with fucking commies?
Well, in the morning, they try to convert you to their cause. They tell you that the wonderful coffee you've made for breakfast is just a bourgeois luxury (while they drink it anyways). It all ends when you tell them "oh yeah? well your orgasm last night was just a bourgeois luxury, you nutter, now get lost". Better to just not fuck any commies in the first place.

Disclaimer: The above has totally never happened to me. I'm just pretty sure that's how it would go.
No, they cut off your head with their skates the next morning.

5HhTEoIA4P8

(I'll be damned if anyone has seen that movie though)
I've not seen that movie, but I will add commies to my "remember not to have sex with these people" list. :)

welch

Post by welch »

Speaking of cutting heads off with skates: http://www.cracked.com/article_20260_th ... -time.html

The guy in #1 is the baddest motherfucker ever.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

since when did leprechauns wear turbans....someone been drawing mohammed again?
:naughty:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Black holes may suddenly appear

Yaweh's balls, drop the rape threat bullshit. The hypocrisy is astounding. The slymepit does not threaten rape of any individual. Get that clear in the ideologically addled brainfarts you expel.

Further to this, the rape wish meme (in the rusty knife/porcupine format) is pzblog material, as is the deathwish meme. Last time i checked death (by varying horrific means) was a worse fate than rape. And the deathwish meme is a most certain mainstay of the parlance at borg central. Shock fucking horror, pull out the fainting couches, someone didn't put rape at the top of the list of "most horrible things ever! Heresy!"

Knowing this, is it "moral bad" to tell comment to someone you hope they die horribly, or "moral badder" (oh the lulz) to comment to someone you hope they get raped?

Note, the Pit is not known for wishing rape or death on any person. Despite the propaganda to the contrary. So since the overarching theme of the OP is "morality" what is acceptable and what's not, and i infer from the OP that he considers the text he has lifted from the Pit to be morally objectionable, i conclude, that he therefore must deem Pzblog to be the most morally objectionable black hole within online atheism.

Yet i've missed his attempt to address the evil at the heart of Atheism, the haven of death and rape wishers that is pharyngula. Perhaps he means to cut his teeth on the bad werdz of the pyt, before challenging myers with the list of immoral fantasies he hosts.

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/03/03 ... ent-195375

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

welch wrote:My comment on Nugent's pack of bullshit post:
So many things to say, such a small internet.

First, and this is critical: Justin Vacula is neither authorized nor in fact able to "answer" for the 'pit. He speaks for no one but himself. He doesn't speak for me, and if you read the 'pit for more than quotemining purposes, (we'll get to that later), you'd see that rather a lot of people there are really quite insistent about that. So already, we see that you have no real idea about what it is you're criticizing. Indeed, I'd say your understanding of the 'pit is only marginally better than Ken Ham's understanding of evolution, (and your quote-mining shows your ethics to be about at the same level as Ham's as well.)

Justin Vacula's opinion of what anyone who is not Justin Vacula has written has about as much "validity" as your opinion of it. He cannot, can. not. answer for it, nor will many of us allow him to. If you want to find out why a specific person said a specific thing, then I suggest you spine up and ask that person.

One of the primary 'rules' of the 'pit, if you are that desperate to codify things, is simple: "you, and only you, are responsible for your words".

No one "makes" anyone type a single letter there. One's participation, or lack thereof in the 'pit is that individual's choice. If I choose to post a bit about my dad's daft fascination with leisure suits, that doesn't make anyone else there "responsible" for that post, any more that I am responsible for anyone else's post.

It is, as we have tried to state over and over, in atmosphere, a pub. People wander from conversation to conversation as they wish. Some folks only drop in once a month or so, others seem to live there. About the only conclusion you can draw from participation in the 'pit is that we generally like the pub and enough of the people in it to come back. It does not, by any means, imply we all hold hands and sing every post in multipart harmony.

Again, reading for understanding rather than quote-mining would show that the disagreements there are frequent and heated. In my case, to say I don't get along with Franc Hoggle would be an understatement. But I wouldn't want him banned. When one of the local MRAs started pushing what I thought was sheer idiocy, I very specifically and pointedly called them out on it. When, in the course of our argument, he found a rather blatant date error in one of my statements, he called me out on it, and as he was correct, I admitted my error, and moved on.

No one was banned though. No one was hounded off the site. We weren't particularly *nice* to each other, but the fact I thought he was, in this instance, completely full of shit didn't mean that when he found an error I had made, I dismissed his point, because he was not doing well on others.

It's funny though...how angry, and upset the FTB lot get when you call them or even refer to them as some kind of hive mind, and yet, the first thing they do when talking about the 'pit, is make sure the only image anyone has is that we are all of the same mind and opinion.

I'm amused to see you joining in on that Michael.

It says a lot about how seriously anyone from the 'pit should take you. After all, you're not even dealing with who we are. You're "fighting" a chimera, a mythical creature that doesn't exist. I thought skeptics and atheists didn't believe in fantasy. Hmm...another myth I suppose.

Now, let us spend some time on your post. It shows a lot of work. That level of quote-mining clearly took no small amount of effort. I would applaud it based solely on that, but, as my dad said "Just because you worked hard at being wrong doesn't mean you still weren't wrong."

For example, this bon mot:
[two named persons] Wow, you two are a little two-person retard train, aren’t you?
Wow, that's pretty awful. Man, ableist as hell right? There's just one problem...Michael only showed part of the comment. He made it look like it originated in the 'pit. But that's not exactly true, is it Michael?

Here, the *full* post:
I'm laughing almost as much as I did when Tony started fapping to the urethra meatus.

@micknugent @rebeccawatson Wow, you two are a little two-person retard train, aren't you?
It's a comment on a *twitter* post, said post by Dalesy617.

But I'm sure it's okay that Michael did that, because after all, he would never want to imply something that's not true, like the part he quoted originated in the 'pit. After all, I'm sure Michael is an honorable person.

Or this one:
I’ve posted a few fat jokes and insults. Way I see it, anything one has the power to change about oneself, one can expect to be used for a cheap laugh: obesity, religion, or dying your fucking hair blue.
Well, it's not a nice opinion, but it's not particularly horrible. However, let's look at the entire thing:
I've posted a few fat jokes and insults. Way I see it, anything one has the power to change about oneself, one can expect to be used for a cheap laugh: obesity, religion, or dying your fucking hair blue.

It's why I don't make race jokes, or laugh at people with a disability (I hated the username that was something like "Spacklick", for eg). I love the hypocrisy of many television celebrities, who go on panel shows and make jokes about Heather Mills, then come November they've got the poppy on and are schmoozing with wounded war vets.
Is ConcentratedH2O going to win the Mr. Rogers Award anytime soon? No. But funny how context shows the whole story, about how it's someone stating where they personally draw the line on personal appearance jokes. It almost gives you a more complete view of what's going on, so if you decide to agree or not, you're at least basing that (dis)agreement on all the information. But, I'm sure Michael didn't clip that rather short quote pull so as to deliberately make it look as awful as possible. After all, I'm sure Michael is an honorable person.

We can look at your post-list caveats all day long, but the end result of your list is clear: you deliberately, and specifically quote-mined comments to show the worst possible view of the people making them, in some cases, deliberately trimming them to look as if they originated in the 'pit, even when that was not actually the case.

Why? Why would you not use the entire comment? I refuse to buy into a space issue, as in one case, the entire comment would have added a sentence, a twitter URL and two blank lines to things. *Clearly* it is not a space or length problem. As well, I'm pretty sure that when creationists pull this same kind of stunt, that is, create a long list of "Things Evolutionists Say" that are nothing but out of context quote mines and cherry picking, you, like everyone else on the side of evolution, gets rather annoyed with it, because it is such a fundamentally dishonest thing to do

However, I am glad you did it, because it tells me a few things:

1) You are exactly as hypocritical as Ophelia, PZ, and all the rest. You will complain about things like quote-mining up until the exact point when such a tactic will work in your favor. Once that happens, well, it's all right when you do it, right? You have a "noble" goal in mind, in this case, the ends justify the means, right? It was wrong to mansplain to Rebecca Watson about how she should feel about Elevator Guy, but when PZ not only mansplained to Stef McGraw how she should feel, but said she should feel *honored* and *respected* instead of attacked, that was totes okay? When Stephanie Zvan gets very, very angry if you use any form of her name but the one she approves of, then justifies calling Richard Dawkins "Dick" because after all, "Dick" is an approved diminutive of "Richard", that's not hypocritical at all. When Benson, Canuck, Zvan and all the rest go on and on about how threats are bad and evil, and yet when one of their own makes one against another freethought blogger, the only fallout is to reluctantly not allow him to blog there anymore? Not ban him from the site. He just can't create *new* blogs there anymore. Even worse, they straight-updefended him as RIGHT in making that threat. That's not hypocritical either? Ophelia continually castigates anyone using gendered insults, but when she uses "bitchez" and "pricks" it's okay. Ophelia moderates the hell out of her blog, but if anyone DARES moderate one of her comments on THEIR blog, SOUND THE ALARM! FREEZE PEACH!!! What then Michael? What is wrong no matter who does it? Tell us unequivocally, one tactic, one friggin' thing that is wrong no matter WHO does it? Because we've established it sure as hell isn't mansplaining, gendered insults, using the wrong version of someone's name as an insult, threats or moderation. It's also clearly not trying to harass people at their workplace in an attempt to silence them either. So what Michael? What is actually wrong no matter who does it?

2) You created this list to make it effectively impossible for Justin to actually coherently reply, and you then mislead like hell about the origins of the quotes. Let me show your words again:
I’m using examples that were published on The Slymepit website. I could add examples from Elevatorgate, YouTube and elsewhere, but I think there is enough here to be representative of the “nasty pushback” we are discussing. I’ve numbered them to make it easier for you to respond.
So the inference here is clear: these are all slymepit originated comments. Except for 21:
I skipped to the end of the current conversation and became acquainted with a commenter named [named person] who apparently doesn’t like [named person] very much–based on the fact that he concluded his comment with the phrase ‘Fuck her. Fuck her. Kill her. Dump her in a ditch’. This actually did get some negative attention from the mod and a couple of other posters. That was at 11PM PST last night. This morning, the offensive phrase that I reproduced above has been miraculously modified to read “Kiss her. Kiss her. Kiss her. Kiss her on the cheeks”.
That didn't originate in the 'pit, did it. Nope. In fact, the actual origin of the comment is from FTB, specifically:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ent-101295

It's still there as of me writing this comment. The quoted comment is not one originated by anyone on the 'pit. It first shows up in the 'pit when Renee Hendricks quotes it. Why Michael? Why obfuscate the actual origin of that quote? Especially since more than a few people in the 'pit, including one who is an out and proud MRA thought it was a fair and balanced comment. Oh, wait...I bet that's it, right?

You had a chance to be honest about that quote Michael and point out it didn't originate in the 'pit, but rather was quoted by someone in the 'pit commenting on it.

But you didn't. Instead you left it there as if it had *originated* in the 'pit. As you did with other comments. This shows I think a fundamental dishonesty in your approach, and a desire to obfuscate things so as to create the "proper" narrative.

I would also note that in general, these are tactics used by creationists and fundamentalists when they attack evolution and atheists and are, in general, condemned. So why is it now *okay* for you to do this?

Why is it okay for you to use the same tactics you would call out someone for using against you?

I cannot read your mind, but I will say this: This kind of thing, this "it's okay when we do it" thought is not new. In fact, there's a group that has turned it into a rather sick art form: Scientology, and "Fair Game". We are your "Suppressive Persons" right? So all the ethics and proper treatment you would normally demand doesn't apply, does it. After all, we're just members of the 'pit. We're the SPs. Whatever tactic you use against us is okay, right?

You certainly have that option. It is, sadly, a 'right' of sorts. But don't expect me, or many other people to think of this post, or you, as anything else but deceitful and dishonest when you do such things. Don't expect us to seriously think that you are acting in any form of good faith when you use deceit to make your case. The fact you use "nice", "proper" language doesn't change any of that.

If Justin choses to respond to you as you wish him to, that's his choice. We've already warned him that he's charlie brown thinking that this time, lucy won't yank away the football. He's a grown-assed adult, he can take that risk if he wants.

But he doesn't speak for anyone but himself. And as for me, I think you should be ashamed of what you tried to do with this post.

Thank you.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote:since when did leprechauns wear turbans....someone been drawing mohammed again?
Leperechauns with turbans. Bloody loony-leftist, mad-multiculturalist, barmy-Brussels-bureaucracy is what it is. We're going to hell in a handcart. You couldn't make it up etc. etc.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

jimthepleb wrote:since when did leprechauns wear turbans....someone been drawing mohammed again?
I thought it was the guy from Super Mario Bros ... admittedly with an ever so slightly racist Rastamick accent

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

http://www.canadianwomen.org/ who have a youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianWomenFdn have put out a new video.

This is the lamest excuse video I've ever heard for mis-using social resources in a sexist manner which is only for women and not for men. They do not do what the title says. They do not give any good enough explanation for "Why We Need Female-Only Community Programs".

"Why We Need Female-Only Community Programs"
[youtube]xZ6OAPvhWGI[/youtube]

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

welch wrote:Speaking of cutting heads off with skates: http://www.cracked.com/article_20260_th ... -time.html

The guy in #1 is the baddest motherfucker ever.
Aww you Merkins are so cute.
Rugby is a proper sport, for proper men, with odd shaped balls. :rimshot:
Now you know why.

Post by Guest »

Comment #215 on Nugent's post by skepsheik is glorious.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:Comment #215 on Nugent's post by skepsheik is glorious.
I bet when Nuge saw that, he went, 'Oh...fuck.' :lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Oops - forgot to add - Steersman, do you have a link and/or screencap for Spokesgay's 'eat glass' comment?
I saved the thread as a PDF, but no screencap yet of the offending post. But here's the link:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... it-sounds/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oops - forgot to add - Steersman, do you have a link and/or screencap for Spokesgay's 'eat glass' comment?
I saved the thread as a PDF, but no screencap yet of the offending post. But here's the link:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... it-sounds/
Thanks Steers - just found it.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Another witty (but cutting) video by 6oodfella.

[youtube]IzOqWl1Xp4E[/youtube]

Note: The parody t-shirt designs had me in tears. My sides are still sore.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tigzy wrote:
Inglorious bastards the lot of you. Look Mick was trying to make a point, "the slymers are beyond the pale" unfortunately skepsheik's list was a "your pale doesn't look to different, funny that"

Incidently the "beyond the pale" is of irish origination. It refers to an area the English secured and "civilised" in their conquest if Ireland. English were relatively safe within the pale, whereas outside of it, amongst us barbaric bog runners they ran the risk of being generally fucked over, raped and murdered. Quite like the pyt.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Za-zen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Inglorious bastards the lot of you. Look Mick was trying to make a point, "the slymers are beyond the pale" unfortunately skepsheik's list was a "your pale doesn't look to different, funny that"

Incidently the "beyond the pale" is of irish origination. It refers to an area the English secured and "civilised" in their conquest if Ireland. English were relatively safe within the pale, whereas outside of it, amongst us barbaric bog runners they ran the risk of being generally fucked over, raped and murdered. Quite like the pyt.
After several thousand years you'da thunk they'd be over it but no, still got a chip on their shoulder (incidentally the cause of the potato famine.)
So here's the deal, you get the bogs and the marshes, we get the farmland and the auburn beauties...what do you mean 'doesn't sound fair'...we're English goddammit, what does being fair have to do with anything? :whistle:

Post by Guest »

Welch, you're an obstreperous cunt at the best, but your comment at #278 makes it worthwhile that you are.

Git

Post by Git »

Za-zen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Fucking culchies.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

jimthepleb wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

After several thousand years you'da thunk they'd be over it but no, still got a chip on their shoulder (incidentally the cause of the potato famine.)
So here's the deal, you get the bogs and the marshes, we get the farmland and the auburn beauties...what do you mean 'doesn't sound fair'...we're English goddammit, what does being fair have to do with anything? :whistle:
Ahhh shit, did i say English, i should have been more accurate, i actually meant the Normans. You know the French, who kicked the fuck out of the english, took their lands, and the cream of the woman folk, and then added some decent genes to the Island's pool.

Vive La France!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Za-zen wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Ahhh shit, did i say English, i should have been more accurate, i actually meant the Normans. You know the French, who kicked the fuck out of the english, took their lands, and the cream of the woman folk, and then added some decent genes to the Island's pool.

Vive La France!
English/Angles/Norman/Saxon/Borg all the same to me,just saying. But none of that barbarian Celtic sperm shall cross our loins!(Moip on the other hand...) I have done my part, marrying a jock woman and bringing up 4 little porridge wogs myself.
Resistance is futile.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

If anyone is interested in cataloging another set of fainting couch worthy gendered insults then you could try Michael Nugents Blasphemy.ie site.

http://www.freezepage.com/1362434270YBIKUUTSHY

On a quick perusal of just that one page I counted eighteen 'cunts', two 'twats', and far too many dicks and cocks to count.

There's a video somewhere on that site featuring PZ for a few seconds where he actually gives a really good quote about blasphemy.
One of the things about art, that it shares with science I think, is that it challenges the mind. It forces people to think and rethink what they accept as true. And one of the things that blasphemy is really useful for is shaking up the mind and making people rethink.
PZ, just think of the slymepit as artistic blasphemy. ;)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Submariner wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

One of mine made it too, Scented. I defended it last page. I don't post on Nugget's blog. (I'm taking Vacula's advice and not engaging the dissenters.)
I'm halfway curious to see if anything I ever said made the list, but I really, really don't care, so I'll continue to ignore them. That last bit is good advice. If they want, they can come here to an unmoderated discussion.