Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
decius

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by decius »

mikelf wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Yeah, so this almost certainly is the A+Theism Setar. IP tracks to a what looks like a Tor exit node in Honduras. Other evidence also supports.

Thank you: this has been a public service announcement.
I'm leaning towards an new incarnation of Eucliwood. The posts have some of the same stream of (almost) consciousness.
I agree. Same style and why using Tor if not to circumvent filters?

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

So, there I was, doing some research. Suddenly, a wild ad appeared...
Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 8.31.31 PM.png
Check out the ad.
(216.67 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Hmm, I thought to myself. This looks like a scammy phishing ad. I think I'll give it a click...
Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 8.32.26 PM.png
(81.86 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Luckily I was saved by the Mac and it's relative immunity to pop-up scams...
Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 8.34.04 PM.png
(52.01 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
I think that it is safe to say that I expect more out of a supposed 'skeptical' website. Looks to me like they are phishing for idiots.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

mikelf wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Yeah, so this almost certainly is the A+Theism Setar. IP tracks to a what looks like a Tor exit node in Honduras. Other evidence also supports.

I'm leaning towards an new incarnation of Eucliwood. The posts have some of the same stream of (almost) consciousness.

That's exactly what I thought when I read the first few ladysetar posts.

Of course, I only read the first few words of Eucliwood's posts, enough to confirm that they're still steaming shitpiles, and then move on, so I'm no expert.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Karla Porter on 'Twitter harassment' - short sound clip:

https://soundcloud.com/justinvacula/kar ... on-twitter

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

decius wrote:
mikelf wrote:

I agree. Same style and why using Tor if not to circumvent filters?
I can not tell the difference between Ladysetar and the A+Setar. I am going to have to let the rest of you sort it out.

Bit of a tough job if you ask me. Just saying.

:think:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

nippletwister wrote:
mikelf wrote:

That's exactly what I thought when I read the first few ladysetar posts.

Of course, I only read the first few words of Eucliwood's posts, enough to confirm that they're still steaming shitpiles, and then move on, so I'm no expert.
Could very well be - the email address is from the .ca TLD, which would indicate a quite smart troll (they have done research about Setar). On the basis of the mikelf's and nippletwister's thoughts I went to look at Eucliwoo's PMs to me - s/h/it is clearly a strong egotist who leaks information without realizing it - and there it was: a question about multiple accounts, so yes, I think mikelf and nippletwister win a cigar each.

My initial thought was to put ladyboy setar in moderation too, but I have no reason so to do. Let's see how this one evolves. Should be interesting.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

For what it's worth, I think Eucliwood is more than one person.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

AndrewV69 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I was a contract worker for USAID for a couple of years and thought the agency tries to do good work(and succeeds at times)congress has turned it into a program to subsidize US agriculture and industry. Farmers are crops are subsidized and the surplus is used for famine relief and development work. Often on the development side NGO's are given grain which they may then sell in the nation being aided and use that money to fund their projects. The problem is that this can often drive down the market prices in the country they're ostensibly trying to help, and cause local farmer to go out of business. The NGO's must also use US made equipment which they buy with the money from the grain sales.
It's a difficult situation.
Similar goes on here in Canukistan and other countries. Vouchers are issued with a list of companies where they can be spent.

Having seen how that works out up close (I have spent a bit over twenty years in 3rd world countries), it translates into bagmen approaching various political actors with inducements to consider certain companies over others.

Sometimes the people involved fuck up royally, like the Karlheinz Schreiber business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Schreiber

When I throw out comments like "Obama is Bush in blackface and Harper is his bottom bitch" I am not really joking. Unfortunately, at a certain level it is true.

YMMV
Thank you both for that grain of truth and a line to research. Muchly appreciated.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Michael K Gray wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:...I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.
There, the solution to all the worlds' problems.
We already have all the fusion power that we need.
The fusion reactor is called "the Sun".
Fuckin' hippy.

Altair

Post by Altair »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Amelia Earhart wasn't killed, she disappeared in 1937 while attempting a round-the-world flight. An interesting tidbit is that she was flying with a navigator called Fred Noonan, who is almost never mentioned.
I thought she was executed by the Catholic Church?

:popcorn:
No, you're thinking of her slightly less famous but a lot less oppressed, Galileo Earhart. Instead of trying to fly around the world, he tried to sit down and demonstrate that the world could move. Lazy bastard.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Jack wrote:For what it's worth, I think Eucliwood is more than one person.

She also sounds different in her last two whines. The comment about 'pending invisible posts' sounds more sophisticated for Eucli than usual.

decius

Post by decius »

Meet the German Twatson. Drama unfolding as we speak.

http://www.thelocal.de/politics/2013012 ... QS83mctpAo

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Mr Danksworth wrote:So, there I was, doing some research. Suddenly, a wild ad appeared...
Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 8.31.31 PM.png
You just doxxed yerself mate.
H&R Block targeted ads are for Aussies only.
According to A+Theismatists, merely revealing your resident country places you in immediate mortal peril!
Grate Danger Will Danksworth!

Ala Shurly Aimless, you are going to be forced by the Patriarchy to move to another country, lest you be hunted down like a rabid cur by crack team of the Special Slymepit Taunting Squad.
Not that it exists, of course. Unless we get caught. And even then we'll uselessly deny it and lie about it.
And ignore that unmarked black helicopter.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

justinvacula wrote:Karla Porter on 'Twitter harassment' - short sound clip:
https://soundcloud.com/justinvacula/kar ... on-twitter
Was she doing a Mattress Dillahunty, and blogging whilst driving?

Altair

Post by Altair »

An interesting conversation took place at PZ's latest thunderdome today (Frozen page can be found here)

Taking advantage of thunderdome's unmoderated status, a brave soul who goes by the name of ltlftc asks
ltlftc wrote: Can someone justify their hatred of MRAs for me?
The answers he/she gets are not as vitriolic and porcupine-related as I would have expected.
Caine wrote: Short answer? Misogyny is ugly and it’s been going on for far too long. Book suggestion: Misogyny: The World’s Oldest Prejudice, by Jack Holland.

Here’s a helpful suggestion, please take it seriously. Go off for a bit and read many, many posts at Manboobz. Then come back for discussion here. Now, if you’re “Lee Coye”, just fuck off already. Thanks.
After that, someone else tells him/her that if men wanted equality, they would be feminists, not MRA's
rowanvt wrote: As a woman and a feminist who desires to someday have a child, I would *love* for my future husband to be able to have paternity leave to share those first few weeks with me
(Not because he'd probably want to spend time with his child, or because the child would be benefited by bonding with their father, but because SHE would like him to share the first weeks with HER. Entitled much?)

Then Nepenthe shows us how much they understand the burden of proof
Are you suggesting that Men’s Rights is just a guise for male supremacy? If so, can you cite any particular reason why?
I have a better and more fun (for us) idea. Why don’t you find us an MRA who is not a male supremacist and then bring his or her name back here for us, mmm?

Go on, go get it. *balls fist, waves it in front of ltlftc, makes throwing motion*
IMO, ltlftc keeps asking polite, rational and skeptical questions, asking for evidence and specific situations and they keep giving him assertions and vague answers like "go read AVFM", "go read manboobz" and they also use the now-debunked claim about the SLPC.

Eventually ltlftc is accused of JAQing off and dismissed as a troll, and he/she apparently leaves of their own volition.

It was an interesting example of how a conversation goes when they have to deal with someone they cannot ban and who won't let them use their usual tactics.

Now, trying to get ahead of Steersman (haven't seem him post in a while, though, I hope he's OK), THERE ARE some questionable quotes at manboobs by MRA's, but in my opinion many of them are cherry picked, many belong to commenters and not to "prominent figures" in the movement and some of them are the product of angry men who have had bad life experiences.
Am I saying that there are no radical wackos in the MRM? no, I'm saying that there are wackos in every movement, and that until we can find a MRA that advocates for gendercide, concentration camps for women or a castration day for women, I don't really care about most of what manboobz can showcase.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Altair wrote:An interesting conversation took place at PZ's latest thunderdome today (Frozen page can be found here)

Taking advantage of thunderdome's unmoderated status, a brave soul who goes by the name of ltlftc asks
ltlftc wrote: Can someone justify their hatred of MRAs for me?
The answers he/she gets are not as vitriolic and porcupine-related as I would have expected.
Caine wrote: Short answer? Misogyny is ugly and it’s been going on for far too long. Book suggestion: Misogyny: The World’s Oldest Prejudice, by Jack Holland.

Here’s a helpful suggestion, please take it seriously. Go off for a bit and read many, many posts at Manboobz. Then come back for discussion here. Now, if you’re “Lee Coye”, just fuck off already. Thanks.
After that, someone else tells him/her that if men wanted equality, they would be feminists, not MRA's
rowanvt wrote: As a woman and a feminist who desires to someday have a child, I would *love* for my future husband to be able to have paternity leave to share those first few weeks with me
(Not because he'd probably want to spend time with his child, or because the child would be benefited by bonding with their father, but because SHE would like him to share the first weeks with HER. Entitled much?)

Then Nepenthe shows us how much they understand the burden of proof
Are you suggesting that Men’s Rights is just a guise for male supremacy? If so, can you cite any particular reason why?
I have a better and more fun (for us) idea. Why don’t you find us an MRA who is not a male supremacist and then bring his or her name back here for us, mmm?

Go on, go get it. *balls fist, waves it in front of ltlftc, makes throwing motion*
IMO, ltlftc keeps asking polite, rational and skeptical questions, asking for evidence and specific situations and they keep giving him assertions and vague answers like "go read AVFM", "go read manboobz" and they also use the now-debunked claim about the SLPC.

Eventually ltlftc is accused of JAQing off and dismissed as a troll, and he/she apparently leaves of their own volition.

It was an interesting example of how a conversation goes when they have to deal with someone they cannot ban and who won't let them use their usual tactics.

Now, trying to get ahead of Steersman (haven't seem him post in a while, though, I hope he's OK), THERE ARE some questionable quotes at manboobs by MRA's, but in my opinion many of them are cherry picked, many belong to commenters and not to "prominent figures" in the movement and some of them are the product of angry men who have had bad life experiences.
Am I saying that there are no radical wackos in the MRM? no, I'm saying that there are wackos in every movement, and that until we can find a MRA that advocates for gendercide, concentration camps for women or a castration day for women, I don't really care about most of what manboobz can showcase.
There certainly are wackos in the MRM but David Futrelle not just cherry picks but actively lies, for example, in his blogging about Warren Farrell. But not just that, if you are careful to read what Futrelle writes about on a daily basis, and think about it critically, he misleads with almost every post and outright lies on many of them.

And like PZ he surrounds himself with a sycophantic group of bullies that provide each other ego strokes and ensure actual discussion cannot take place. And if you do succeed, you will be banned.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

decius wrote:Meet the German Twatson. Drama unfolding as we speak.

http://www.thelocal.de/politics/2013012 ... QS83mctpAo

well, it's not exactly a big deal, but it's still more harassing than anything Watson or any of the FTB'ers or skepchicks actually went through before they started fishing for trolls.

I still have a hard time getting too worked up over "dirty old man says slightly crude words, woman acts as if it has actually harmed her in some way".

I've just never bought the feminist argument that noticing a person's attributes, or even commenting on them when they don't want you to, equals reducing the person to nothing but that attribute. The whole concept of objectification does more objectification than the supposed objectification. I can see it "feeling" that way some times, or getting mildly annoyed, but surely turning it into a major part of your mental state is something the person mostly does to herself. Hell, everyone objectifies everyone, all the time...but it's only bad when someone does it to a woman who thinks she shouldn't have to deal with the same things everyone else does. Then we need policies, university classes, and media campaigns to deal with it.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Jack wrote:For what it's worth, I think Eucliwood is more than one person.
Eucliwood does not write as I would imagine an underage female would write.

The real question may be is how many (n) people write with the Eucliwood account and how many personalities (m) do they have?

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Had to share this with you misogynists! :rimshot: ....
http://i.imgur.com/f67gT5f.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Altair wrote:After that, someone else tells him/her that if men wanted equality, they would be feminists, not MRA's
I figure she's meaning "Share those first few weeks of our lovely baby" with her rather than... thinking it is all about her. Although it is odd phrasing. What I'm confused about there is why can't people get paternity leave? Is this a location-based thing? A workmate of mine took 5 weeks paternity leave; my husband took 8 weeks. Although I don't believe either of them are feminists... maybe they only stop feminist men from looking after kids? :lol:

Also is she automatically assuming she'd be the one to stay home? Tee hee.
Altair wrote:Now, trying to get ahead of Steersman (haven't seem him post in a while, though, I hope he's OK), THERE ARE some questionable quotes at manboobs by MRA's, but in my opinion many of them are cherry picked, many belong to commenters and not to "prominent figures" in the movement and some of them are the product of angry men who have had bad life experiences.
Yeah. I read a lot of the "worse" MRA comments as men who've had failed relationships and their kids taken due to sexism in the court. I mean, that kind of anger isn't nice to read but it's certainly understandable. Most of the ones I've seen at AVfM have been quite laid back.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:...I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.
Fuckin' hippy.
Not at the moment, but I hope to a bit later.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I was a contract worker for USAID for a couple of years and thought the agency tries to do good work(and succeeds at times)congress has turned it into a program to subsidize US agriculture and industry. Farmers are crops are subsidized and the surplus is used for famine relief and development work. Often on the development side NGO's are given grain which they may then sell in the nation being aided and use that money to fund their projects. The problem is that this can often drive down the market prices in the country they're ostensibly trying to help, and cause local farmer to go out of business. The NGO's must also use US made equipment which they buy with the money from the grain sales.
It's a difficult situation.
Similar goes on here in Canukistan and other countries. Vouchers are issued with a list of companies where they can be spent.

Having seen how that works out up close (I have spent a bit over twenty years in 3rd world countries), it translates into bagmen approaching various political actors with inducements to consider certain companies over others.

Sometimes the people involved fuck up royally, like the Karlheinz Schreiber business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Schreiber

When I throw out comments like "Obama is Bush in blackface and Harper is his bottom bitch" I am not really joking. Unfortunately, at a certain level it is true.

YMMV
Thank you both for that grain of truth and a line to research. Muchly appreciated.
Look up Public Law 480

decius

Post by decius »

nippletwister wrote: well, it's not exactly a big deal, but it's still more harassing than anything Watson or any of the FTB'ers or skepchicks actually went through before they started fishing for trolls.
Still blown out of proportions and used as a propaganda tool to further political agendas of divisiveness.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Altair wrote:An interesting conversation took place at PZ's latest thunderdome today (Frozen page can be found here)

...someone else tells him/her that if men wanted equality, they would be feminists, not MRA's
(Not because he'd probably want to spend time with his child, or because the child would be benefited by bonding with their father, but because SHE would like him to share the first weeks with HER. Entitled much?) ...
Good pickup, but there's even more to enjoy in the full quote from rowanvt (#18 in that freezepage shot; bolding added here):
Well, let’s see. If what the MRAs wanted was actual equality, they’d be feminists. As a woman and a feminist who desires to someday have a child, I would *love* for my future husband to be able to have paternity leave to share those first few weeks with me. That is a case where patriarchy has also harmed men.

But the MRAs we see are not after equality. They are after the status quo and sticking it to the bitches that won’t flirt/date/have sex with them. They want to be able to treat women how they want to treat women without any consideration that women are as individual as men. They constantly show this via such language as ‘stupid cunts’, ‘bitches’, ‘feminazis’, ‘fat sluts’, ‘whiny’, ‘emotional’, and ‘whores’, just to list a few.

So tell me, individual, why are you so upset that I might find MRAs highly distasteful?
1) Femin-ists want "actual equality" (because "femin-ism" has been asserted to mean that) but the mirror image group couldn't possibly have similar or at least analogous interests.

2) Simpler, apparently, to just rely on PZ's ravings for your description of MRAs...just as he wants you to. ("You" meaning those in his echo chamber.)

decius

Post by decius »

[youtube]bVcDjuOsn9s[/youtube]

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

rayshul wrote:
Altair wrote:After that, someone else tells him/her that if men wanted equality, they would be feminists, not MRA's
I figure she's meaning "Share those first few weeks of our lovely baby" with her rather than... thinking it is all about her. Although it is odd phrasing. What I'm confused about there is why can't people get paternity leave? Is this a location-based thing? A workmate of mine took 5 weeks paternity leave; my husband took 8 weeks. Although I don't believe either of them are feminists... maybe they only stop feminist men from looking after kids? :lol:

Also is she automatically assuming she'd be the one to stay home? Tee hee.
Altair wrote:Now, trying to get ahead of Steersman (haven't seem him post in a while, though, I hope he's OK), THERE ARE some questionable quotes at manboobs by MRA's, but in my opinion many of them are cherry picked, many belong to commenters and not to "prominent figures" in the movement and some of them are the product of angry men who have had bad life experiences.
Yeah. I read a lot of the "worse" MRA comments as men who've had failed relationships and their kids taken due to sexism in the court. I mean, that kind of anger isn't nice to read but it's certainly understandable. Most of the ones I've seen at AVfM have been quite laid back.
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

12 weeks parental leave is the law.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

debaser71 wrote:http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

That's US law (for companies with 50 or more employees).

Some parents live elsewhere in the world. ;)

birdterrifier

Post by birdterrifier »

d4m10n wrote:
Za-zen wrote:If you have an hour to kill, this is an example of two slyme, ranting at victim.

[spoiler][youtube]Q99J9df7inE[/youtube][/spoiler]
OMG DOXXXX!

That's BirdTerrifier on the left, BTW. Our guest is one of those women in secularism that we've been hearing about. We were talking about how fanhood and tribalism relate to politics and such.
And "fanship" is not a word. God dammit.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

fair enough...I was gonna edit to say "here in the US" but ...yeah...

I didn't know about the 50 employee thing though. But I checked and you are correct.

I took time off when my kids were born. I didn't have to invoke FMLA on my employers or anything. Anyway FMLA applies to men and women.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my cunt[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:
debaser71 wrote:http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

That's US law (for companies with 50 or more employees).

You mean there is another universe outside of the little ol' US of A?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Altair wrote: Now, trying to get ahead of Steersman (haven't seem him post in a while, though, I hope he's OK), THERE ARE some questionable quotes at manboobs by MRA's, but in my opinion many of them are cherry picked, many belong to commenters and not to "prominent figures" in the movement and some of them are the product of angry men who have had bad life experiences.
I would not be surprised if Steersman, even as we speak is not off tormenting some other bunch of unsuspecting yahoos. Do not worry about Steersman. Worry about his victims.

(I heart that man so much I got a brocrush on him).
Altair wrote: Am I saying that there are no radical wackos in the MRM? no, I'm saying that there are wackos in every movement, and that until we can find a MRA that advocates for gendercide, concentration camps for women or a castration day for women, I don't really care about most of what manboobz can showcase.
Well I currently believe the MRM is too young to have fully developed a branch of whacked out radicals like the Radfems. Not yet anyway.

Give us a little more time, and no doubt us menz being the superior creatures that we are, will produce our own version that will make the Radfems tremble in awe, not to mention slap themselves silly while wondering why they never thought of that particular lunacy themselves first.

The answer to that of course, is that women tend to be more conservative, right across the board including both ends of the curve. Nope, only us men can produce the more extreme versions of genius and lunacy and in much greater quantity. We got the women beat on this. No question.

Examples:

Compare OB and bin Laden. Which is the better lunatic?

Carrier and PeeZuss Christ. Do they have any women that even come close? Who can contend? Twatson? Mel "dog dick" Hensley? InZvanity? Surly Amy? None of these are ever going to make it to the starting block.

They have Nerd of Redhead. The best we can do is Ecliwood.

I rest my case.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

ya us backwards rednecks have laws that include men when talking about paternity leave

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Michael K Gray wrote:You mean there is another universe outside of the little ol' US of A?
Shhhh! Don't let the Americans in on the secret.
debaser71 wrote:fair enough...I was gonna edit to say "here in the US" but ...yeah...

I didn't know about the 50 employee thing though. But I checked and you are correct.

I took time off when my kids were born. I didn't have to invoke FMLA on my employers or anything. Anyway FMLA applies to men and women.
Some weeks it feels like all I do it fill out FMLA forms. (For time loss related to all sorts of medical conditions, not only pregnancy.)

FMLA: US Federal Act passed in 1993. HIPAA: US Federal Act passed in 1996. Turns out FMLA forms aren't HIPAA-compliant*, but I haven't been able to get the Department of Labor (which oversees FMLA) to act like they understand that, or care.

*Actually, HIPAA applies to electronic information, and FMLA forms (which lack any "release of information" assent for the employee to sign) are completed on paper then faxed (or mailed) to the HR department of the employee's company, so it's more that the FMLA form lacks the measures to protect a person's medical information that we've come to assume should be universally followed in health care.

But I digress.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

omg no edit, not even a 20 second one is annoying....maybe I should just finish eating first

*parental leave

in what backwards ass country do some of you live in where men aren't parents?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I still think that ladysetar is a satire, probably local. I mean, ladysetar is nowehere near as vitriolic, insane, or just plain weird as the actual Setar.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

John Greg wrote:I still think that ladysetar is a satire, probably local. I mean, ladysetar is nowehere near as vitriolic, insane, or just plain weird as the actual Setar.
Agreed.

sacha

Post by sacha »

VickyCaramel wrote:
(And as I no longer sponsor the current thread, can I take this corset off now?)
haha! No fainting here.

I like your new profile image

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Jack wrote:Hi low life's. I've just registered to show my appreciation for this site. Without your uncanny ability to point me to the relentless entertainment provided by FTB and A+ my life would have been intolerable. They seem so co.........
blah blah blah yeah we heard it all before Jack.
http://i.imgur.com/hc70v8H.jpg

Welcome to the pit. :)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Harnessing solar power, hydro, wind is good but limited for total needs. Ocean currents have huge potential but at this point the energy required to maintain the infrastructure is greater than the harvest. It would seem to me that although the energy is there it would never be cheap or practical without a huge technology breakthrough.
The ultimate tech breakthrough will be harnessing of local fusion power.
DARPA is working on new solar cells that will increase the harvest from 10% efficiency to about 50% by specialising them to "catch" specific wavelenghts. It must be true, because I read it on Listverse. Of course, had the article been on Craked, I would be 100% sure it's true. I'm a sceptic, like that...

Also, welcome Matt and LadySetar!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And Jack.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

UnbelieveSteve wrote:
Jack wrote:Hi low life's. I've just registered to show my appreciation for this site. Without your uncanny ability to point me to the relentless entertainment provided by FTB and A+ my life would have been intolerable. They seem so co.........
blah blah blah yeah we heard it all before Jack.
http://i.imgur.com/hc70v8H.jpg

Welcome to the pit. :)
Thanks, I feel special now :D

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:DARPA is working on new solar cells that will increase the harvest from 10% efficiency to about 50% by specialising them to "catch" specific wavelenghts.
WTF would DaRPA know 'bout teknolojee?
They only invented the internets, and where has that got us?
Mired in porn and kittens.
And kitten-porn.

And as for their self-driving car kompetition, what will that achieve? (Apart from the Mafia being able to run-over victims with even more immunity than before. A mere baby-step in the science of assassination.)
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Also, welcome Matt and LadySetar!
They can fuck off too. And the self-driving DARPA car that they rode in on.
http://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/ ... usesla.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lsuoma wrote:Eucliwoo, I am in the Pacific time zone most of the time. If you want to let me know what times you intend to post, I'll completely fucking ignore it, and moderate when I'm good and ready. Is that OK with you?

hahahaha!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Skep tickle wrote:
Oh yeah? Evidence or STFU!

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

FWIW, there have been ~133 posts in the past 24 hrs at Atheism+ forum, after a recent baseline of ~200/dy x 9 days 1-2 weeks ago, then ~300/dy x past 7 days (since wind found out about the secret forum & raised havoc in the are-mods-capricious thread). Presumably many or most of those posts have been in the area(s) to the public (and to non-trusted members like wind).

Of course, maybe the A+ members simply all have social lives & haven't been at A+ forum as much on a weekend day due to that - even though there didn't seem to be that much of a slow-down the last 2 Saturdays-my-time...

[/not obsessing, just bored; it's this or do all that work I brought home]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Oh yeah? Evidence or STFU!
:D

BTW, loved your music linked in the previous thread! (listened to it as I caught up, pages & pages)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:... maybe the A+ members simply all have social lives...
That is the best larf that I have had all week!!
Thank you!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote: WTF would DaRPA know 'bout teknolojee?
They did provide Boston Dynamics with the insentive to give us Big Dog. Which is fuckin' awesome.

[youtube]W1czBcnX1Ww[/youtube]

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Fuckin' hippy.
Noooiiiice. Remember, natural=good. Bareback.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Well, I am prone to say it's probably the lulziest sunday morning I've had at the pit so far. Did you people miss mass or something?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

sacha wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
(And as I no longer sponsor the current thread, can I take this corset off now?)
haha! No fainting here.

Thank you kindly :)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Reaching back to where Metalogic42 posted Ophelia's recent rant about skirts (too inhibiting! and cunt-revealing!): viewtopic.php?p=55387#p55387

There's talk of men's skirts in the "Men's" clothing that doesn't suck? thread at Atheism+ forum, where relatively new member Iguananaut (who seems to be fitting in well) opens with this (in part):
...every time I go shopping for clothes I get pretty angry. First of all there's the fact that I wish I could just wear more "women's" clothes without it raising any questions. Without being misgendered more frequently than I already am. It's just that there's so much infinitely more variety and on women's fashion--so much more choice in style and colors and patterns and cuts. I wish I could have all (or at least most) of the same things, but in sizes and shapes that will actually fit me, and that that's just "normal".

The men's fashions seem to vary between "ironed" and "kind wrinkled". I'm exaggerating a little bit but...it's still pretty uninspiring most of the time. The only real choices to find something that I really *like* and that's well made is to either spend my entire paycheck, or spend all day trawling consignment stores (and still usually not finding anything). Pants are the worst--the only pants I can find reliably that I like are some kinds of skinny jeans, though even there it can be hard to find something tasteful. I hate most dress pants--all dress pants I ever see on men just makes their butts look huge. More skirts for men please.
Grimalkin (sig currently: '"I'm not saying that neurotypicals are bad people or anything, they just can't feel empathy" he pronouns plz') weighs in; part of it reads:
...Anyways, I'm mostly in your boat, looking for suggestions too. I'm trying to strike a balance between looking "masculine" enough that I can pass when I want to, but not sacrificing fashion, which is a bit difficult when just looking masculine full stop...

...As far as pants... no advice there. Mens' pants do just tend to bore me, and the one time I found interesting ones they were skinny jeans and somehow gave me more of an ass than I've ever had in any womens' pants? It was kind of inexplicable, and also the polar opposite of my intent. I will second your "skirts for men" though.
First, it does seem that women have more variety in clothing, including more use of colors & patterns and more varied styles, at least in Western clothing. While that adds flexibility it probably also adds to expectation by many that women's wardrobe will generally be larger, having to encompass more clothes for different occasions, levels of formality, & so that others (coworkers especially) don't see the same 5-7 outfits on a woman over & over. This is observation, guesswork, anecdotal level on my part.

Second, it's clear that women do have the flexibility (for the past ~50 yrs; in western cultures at least) of wearing "men's" clothing (pants and a shirt), but men are looked upon askance (as a joke, or with concern) when they wear "women's" clothing. In some places kilts are well within the normal scope of men's wear; in other places, they are not.

Third, here Iguananaut seems to be saying he (?) wants to be able to dress more like a woman, without being thought of as a woman. And Grimalkin seems to be saying he* (*per current pronoun preference) likes to dress like a man, in order to pass as a man, and proceeds to give Iguananut advice on making the most of clothing thought of as "men's". Fashion advice, A+ style. Not supposed to presume you know what someone else's experience is like, but if you're one of the inner circle there's more leeway given, it seems.

And both would like "more skirts for men". Which leads me to wonder what they were referring to, since they didn't specifically say "kilts". Nor clothing from other cultures; FWIW, Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_skirts has this to say:
Outside of Western cultures, men's clothing commonly includes skirts and skirt-like garments; however, in North America and much of Europe, the wearing of a skirt is today usually seen as typical for females and not males. People have variously attempted to promote the wearing of skirts by men in Western culture and to do away with this arbitrary sex distinction, albeit with limited general success[1] and considerable cultural resistance.[2] ...
and later mentions Utilikilts and 3 companies that also sell (or sold?) kilts & "men's skirts".

In a search for "skirts" at A+ forum, I didn't see any thread or post that referred to skirts as being oppressive toward women, or too revealing, or part of "rape culture". Yet another example of the messaging not being quite coordinated between the different branches of the "3rd wave of atheism". If men wore skirts more often, do you s'pose Ophelia would see them as oppressive, restricting, and sexually dangerous for women? :think:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And some of them have long hair, too.

Poor Setar...

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Pepsi[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
They did provide Boston Dynamics with the insentive to give us Big Dog. Which is fuckin' awesome.
W1czBcnX1Ww
Holy hell, that is impressive!
Far more nimble than me on a Friday night, and a lot less noisy.
What is the power source? Wasps, or Bees?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Fuckin' hippy.
Noooiiiice. Remember, natural=good. Bareback.
Not if I have to remove her saddle.
The girth strap is very tight.
Sunday night is rodeo night round these here parts.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Pepsi[/spoiler]

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
W1czBcnX1Ww
Holy hell, that is impressive!
Far more nimble than me on a Friday night, and a lot less noisy.
What is the power source? Wasps, or Bees?
Vuvuzelas, or the tears of orphans.

First time I saw the video, like 5 years ago, my jaw dropped to the floor at Big Dog's recovery skills. There's also a Little Dog by Boston Dynamics.

[youtube]cYo9Whssla8[/youtube]

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well, I am prone to say it's probably the lulziest sunday morning I've had at the pit so far. Did you people miss mass or something?
Yes, on Sundays I start up my personal anti-LHC, and collide stuff with such energy that it reveals what we scientistas⁸ call "missing mass", or the Catholic Slackers' Boson.
(1 Down.
The anti-Christ. I an anti-Christ particle meets a Christ particle, then grammar be damned, they cancel in a black whole, courtesy of Santa (anag. 5))

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

VickyCaramel wrote:
sacha wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
haha! No fainting here.

Thank you kindly :)
You have an awesome buccal region.

Michael K Gray

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]Microsoft[/spoiler]

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:Reaching back to where Metalogic42 posted Ophelia's recent rant about skirts (too inhibiting! and cunt-revealing!): viewtopic.php?p=55387#p55387

There's talk of men's skirts in the [url=http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3792]"Men's" clothing that doesn't suck?
Balinese men seem to have zero trouble with skirts.
And these folk are warriors, too boot.
http://www.bali-travel-life.com/image-f ... al-men.jpg
"The" problem with A+Theismatists is that they know nothing whatsoever of the world outside of their Gran's basements.