Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Apples

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Apples »

Reap wrote:Ophelia is an idiot, the reason the NAACP and Hispanic Federation are against the ban is because larger stores are exempt from the ban and smaller stores are going to be hurt by the law. I would assume that if you are buying soda on special occasions then you would buy larger sizes because its more economical. Josh actually gets it on the 1st comment. And to think I was about to talk shit about Josh, got the wind took from my sails. Good, I hope it happens more often.
QFT - Josh acquits himself pretty well in that thread.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I will just leave this one here:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/
Remember the controversy in the feminist blogosphere over strange men talking to women in an elevator? Reverse the sexes and I lived it. For me, the issue wasn’t hypothetical or used to demonstrate which gender has it worse with regard to potential sexual violence. It was based on an actual trauma response. The back and forth over why men should expect to be viewed as rapists by women in elevators took on a whole new level of offensive when viewed through the lens of my own experience.
I have to ask those people what kind of heartless person would do otherwise? I have to live with the consequences of her decisions that night. I regret ever meeting her. I regret agreeing to help her. I regret letting her buy me drinks. You know what I don't regret? I don't regret restraining myself and choosing not to use force against a pregnant woman and her child - even in my own defense. I have to ask - what kind of sorry excuse for a "man" would proudly do otherwise? As is evidenced by the comments on the Huffington Post snippet of my panel comments, apparently, there are a lot of you out there without the courage to endure something horrible and then face it down like a man - and get the help you need. You'd rather silence another man for the sake of being a BIG, TOUGH GUY, because you think, given the same situation, you would actually hurt a pregnant woman just to prove your manhood. Maybe you would, which makes you as scary as you are sad.

To those playing that card, no, I don't think that makes you a "REAL MARINE" in the slightest. I think it makes you a REAL, SAD, MISERABLE excuse for a human being. In the Corps, we called such a person a Shit Bird.

Keep clucking birds. I'm not in your formation. I'd rather fly alone than with any "man" who would rather hurt a woman and silence other men, than admit he got hurt himself. I'm speaking out so that other men who have experienced rape, whether at the hands of a man or woman, feel less alone and more empoowered to seek the help they need. All you and your ilk have to offer are the tired old tricks of groupthink, cowardice and a miserable excuse for masculinity if you have to hurt a woman to prove you are a man.

I'm done with such "men" and I have no use for their violence, hatred, false bravado and utter lack of empathy. I served with pride and earned my stripes and every medal that got pinned on my chest - and I didn't need to hurt a woman to do it. My masculinity is not defined by my ability to perform violence, but my my desire to do the right thing, even at the expense of my own security.
This guy's macho sexist shit gets on my wick a bit. Fuck that. The point at which someone decides to rape is the point at which their head becomes a legitimate target for a smacking. He didn't have to hurt the unborn child, he could have put her lights out without harm to the kid. He gets no brownie points for letting her manipulate him into letting her finish the rape.
BAM. Victim-blaming. Who said it couldn't be done? Thanks, Javis.

welch

Post by welch »

Apropos of nothing, this is why I can't take setar or the Vancouver/Seattle crazy contingent seriously:

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/01/flo ... t-intruder

If you want true craycray, Florida, Bitches!

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Reap wrote:
codelette wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, I'm being a nitpicky bitch today. I wonder if Ophelia Benson truly meant to make this comparison:
I wonder what “unduly” means there. I also wonder what on earth the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation are thinking. They want sugar drinks to be extra-special cheap so that blacks and Hispanics can have higher than average rates of Type 2 diabetes? Do they also wish lead-based paint were still legal and readily available? Do they long for the old days when toddlers could munch on paint chips full of lead?
So... blacks and Hispanics are being compared to toddlers now?

http://www.freezepage.com/1358968591TIADUREOWF
I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.
Ophelia is an idiot, the reason the NAACP and Hispanic Federation are against the ban is because larger stores are exempt from the ban and smaller stores are going to be hurt by the law. I would assume that if you are buying soda on special occasions then you would buy larger sizes because its more economical. Josh actually gets it on the 1st comment. And to think I was about to talk shit about Josh, got the wind took from my sails. Good, I hope it happens more often.

I bought my partner a Soda Stream last Xmas.... fizzy filtered water ( I did buy a bottle of Cola flavouring for myself).

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

For anyone interested in a more detailed, balanced, and informed perspective on obesity-related health problems in the African-American community, I recommend watching Byron Hurt's film Soul Food Junkies. It aired on the PBS series Independent Lens here in the US. I'm not at all inclined to be charitable towards Ophelia - she often makes such issues overly simplistic, in a manner than seems to arise from a lack of experience dealing with people who are even slightly different from herself. I think this is her fault, really. It always kind of amazes me that so many of the FtBers, who have traveled much more than I have (outside the US, I've only been to a handful of countries in northern Europe, the (very fluid) Mexico/Texas border, and Victoria BC), are so culturally tone deaf and isolated from people of diverse backgrounds. ::shrugs::

Apples

Post by Apples »

welch wrote:Apropos of nothing, this is why I can't take setar or the Vancouver/Seattle crazy contingent seriously:

LMAO - my favorite lines from the article -
Maybe he’s an alien God-king from the future, sent to save us from the impending apocalypse like Leelu from The 5th Element. Who else could masturbate in a hail of bullets? We must! Try! To understand! MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS! (*gets frustrated, wipes ass with house cat*)

another lurker

Re: chill girls are bad

Post by another lurker »

Apples wrote:TW: Insanely Unjust Fat Shaming
Al Stefanelli wrote:Kate Upton Washes the All-New Mercedes-Benz CLA in Slow Motion...

"A new Mercedes-Benz ad starring the voluptuous Kate Upton is generating some surprisingly negative buzz in the blogosphere, with critics calling it cheap and tasteless—even wondering if it's too sexy." - Yahoo! News
LOL - my only complaint is she's looking a little chunky - looks like she may have gained a few lbs since this classic-
[spoiler][youtube]MCUnWIs88CQ[/youtube]

Aaaand the Dougie:
[youtube]FcJScBLIEX4[/youtube][/spoiler]

disclaimer: Dear Slympit ladies - don't be insecure - you don't need makeup and nice clothes - you're all beautiful.
I love Kate Upton - and I'm female. On most of the fashion sites that I visit she is universally reviled for being 'worthless other than her tits' , 'a fattie' and 'rather generic looking.' The best for last 'only dumb guys with no taste like her.'

I think she is sweet, fun, and very approachable. Her tits are A+ as well. Teehee.

She is on the slim side, but due to her weight distribution (something she cannot help) the majority of her body fat goes to her stomach and boobies. Usually when a model rises up through the ranks her dress size drops significantly. This has not happened with Kate. If she were to lose enough weight to get that emaciated model look she would also lose her boobs. And her boobs are one of her most marketable features - this is why, imo she gets away with being 'chunky', as it were.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

TheMan wrote: I bought my partner a Soda Stream last Xmas.... fizzy filtered water ( I did buy a bottle of Cola flavouring for myself).
I love my penguin-shaped Soda Stream! For me, the fizziness is the main attraction - most of the time I just drink carbonated tap water. Occasionally I'll add a bit of pomegranate or acai juice, or if I'm really feeling decadent, the Goya brand mango, passion fruit, or guava nectars.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh Fuck!

What will we do if it turns out that men are better than women at raising children?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 91294.html
"Just as we saw a feminization of the workplace in the past few decades, with more emphasis on such skills as empathy and listening, we are seeing the opposite at home—a masculinization of domestic tasks and routines,"
Next thing you know men are going to start telling women to get out of the kitchen bitch, because this is a man thing and bitches aint shit.

What are the women going to do if all teh menz kick them out of the kitchen and rearing chilluns? I can just see all the dudebros after a woman gives birth.
You done your part now honeychile, here is a pat on the head, but only a man can do the real work of raising a chillun, so you got to step aside now.
Fucking MRAs! Fuck them into the ground!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Apples wrote:
LMAO - my favorite lines from the article -
Maybe he’s an alien God-king from the future, sent to save us from the impending apocalypse like Leelu from The 5th Element. Who else could masturbate in a hail of bullets? We must! Try! To understand! MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS! (*gets frustrated, wipes ass with house cat*)

Damn, I love this .GIF from the comments:

[spoiler]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... -large.gif[/spoiler]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:Apropos of nothing, this is why I can't take setar or the Vancouver/Seattle crazy contingent seriously:

Ft Myers? Ft MYERS?

Shome mishtake shurely?

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AndrewV69 wrote:Oh Fuck!

What will we do if it turns out that men are better than women at raising children?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 91294.html
"Just as we saw a feminization of the workplace in the past few decades, with more emphasis on such skills as empathy and listening, we are seeing the opposite at home—a masculinization of domestic tasks and routines,"
Next thing you know men are going to start telling women to get out of the kitchen bitch, because this is a man thing and bitches aint shit.

What are the women going to do if all teh menz kick them out of the kitchen and rearing chilluns? I can just see all the dudebros after a woman gives birth.
You done your part now honeychile, here is a pat on the head, but only a man can do the real work of raising a chillun, so you got to step aside now.
Fucking MRAs! Fuck them into the ground!
Well, in case you haven't noticed the pattern yet, once the domestic front becomes soley a man's place, where women are actively discouraged from participating because, you know - the PATRIARCHY! - (da-da-DUMMMM), the womanz will assert themselves and right this obvious and intolerable slight against the sisters and fight to get back INTO the kitchen. Such gender discrimination cannot EVER be tolerated!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John the Other responds to PeeZuss Christ here:

Open letter to Professor PZ Myers:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/sy ... -pz-myers/
Although the invitation was made humorously, I’d like to participate women in secularism conference. I’m confident you too would like me to attend, so I’m asking for your help to get myself, Karen Straughan, Kristina Hansen, and Erin Pizzey invited as a panel to present at the Women in secularism conference.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

rocko2466 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:

[/spoiler]http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/
Remember the controversy in the feminist blogosphere over strange men talking to women in an elevator? Reverse the sexes and I lived it. For me, the issue wasn’t hypothetical or used to demonstrate which gender has it worse with regard to potential sexual violence. It was based on an actual trauma response. The back and forth over why men should expect to be viewed as rapists by women in elevators took on a whole new level of offensive when viewed through the lens of my own experience.
I have to ask those people what kind of heartless person would do otherwise? I have to live with the consequences of her decisions that night. I regret ever meeting her. I regret agreeing to help her. I regret letting her buy me drinks. You know what I don't regret? I don't regret restraining myself and choosing not to use force against a pregnant woman and her child - even in my own defense. I have to ask - what kind of sorry excuse for a "man" would proudly do otherwise? As is evidenced by the comments on the Huffington Post snippet of my panel comments, apparently, there are a lot of you out there without the courage to endure something horrible and then face it down like a man - and get the help you need. You'd rather silence another man for the sake of being a BIG, TOUGH GUY, because you think, given the same situation, you would actually hurt a pregnant woman just to prove your manhood. Maybe you would, which makes you as scary as you are sad.

To those playing that card, no, I don't think that makes you a "REAL MARINE" in the slightest. I think it makes you a REAL, SAD, MISERABLE excuse for a human being. In the Corps, we called such a person a Shit Bird.

Keep clucking birds. I'm not in your formation. I'd rather fly alone than with any "man" who would rather hurt a woman and silence other men, than admit he got hurt himself. I'm speaking out so that other men who have experienced rape, whether at the hands of a man or woman, feel less alone and more empoowered to seek the help they need. All you and your ilk have to offer are the tired old tricks of groupthink, cowardice and a miserable excuse for masculinity if you have to hurt a woman to prove you are a man.

I'm done with such "men" and I have no use for their violence, hatred, false bravado and utter lack of empathy. I served with pride and earned my stripes and every medal that got pinned on my chest - and I didn't need to hurt a woman to do it. My masculinity is not defined by my ability to perform violence, but my my desire to do the right thing, even at the expense of my own security.
This guy's macho sexist shit gets on my wick a bit. Fuck that. The point at which someone decides to rape is the point at which their head becomes a legitimate target for a smacking. He didn't have to hurt the unborn child, he could have put her lights out without harm to the kid. He gets no brownie points for letting her manipulate him into letting her finish the rape.
Suppose that comment of mine relies too much on one having read the full link. As I subsequently clarified, I was criticising the victim for shaming men who would have used force to stop the rape.

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69 wrote:John the Other responds to PeeZuss Christ here:

Open letter to Professor PZ Myers:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/sy ... -pz-myers/
Although the invitation was made humorously, I’d like to participate women in secularism conference. I’m confident you too would like me to attend, so I’m asking for your help to get myself, Karen Straughan, Kristina Hansen, and Erin Pizzey invited as a panel to present at the Women in secularism conference.
haw haw -
Attachments
jto_stairs.png
(11.65 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK! OK! OK! You win the internet.

I was laughing so hard ... that is some special brand of crazy, that we here in Canukistan could never hope to match as far as I know.

On the other hand we do have crazies too, they are just not zany just demented, for example Luka Magnotta who uploaded a video of himself and a dog doing the munchies on the freshly killed body of his victim to bestgore before leaving the country.

BestGore has several entries for this guy:
http://www.bestgore.com/tag/cannibalism/

Story in the Daily Fail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urder.html

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

I realize this may be old news, but has this post by PZ been mentioned here?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424882
Hey, just a thought: you know who these guys really ought to complain about? The people who actually do take gigantic precautions against personal threats?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Sam Harris. They have armed bodyguards (Harris brags about personally training with a handgun). They take anonymous threats far more seriously than does Ophelia.

They must be “attention whores”. They just don’t understand “criticism”. They’re making terrorism “all about them.” Maybe Justin would like to call them up and tell them to “get a grip”.
Equating the "threats" Ophelia gets with Ayaan Hirsi Ali having a death threat pinned to the corpse of a friend with a knife. that's just sickening.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Suppose that comment of mine relies too much on one having read the full link. As I subsequently clarified, I was criticising the victim for shaming men who would have used force to stop the rape.
I believe I understood what you were trying to say. I hope you did not take my response as being antagonistic.

(If you read all the comments on the article, you are going to see a variety of opinions, no consensus there last time I checked).

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

I'm a relative newbie, but I notice in my short visit here that I've not seen a link to a criticalg reading. So, for you viewing pleasure, here is a reading of one of Franc's recent greylining posts. I was particularly amused at the extraordinarily perceptive portrayal at 6:20:

[youtube]7c5AlU6Meig[/youtube]

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

AndrewV69 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Suppose that comment of mine relies too much on one having read the full link. As I subsequently clarified, I was criticising the victim for shaming men who would have used force to stop the rape.
I believe I understood what you were trying to say. I hope you did not take my response as being antagonistic.

(If you read all the comments on the article, you are going to see a variety of opinions, no consensus there last time I checked).
Not at all, it would have been callous to have blamed the victim for inaction. The post you have just reponded to was in reply to Rocko.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Mark Neil wrote:I realize this may be old news, but has this post by PZ been mentioned here?

[spoiler]http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424882
Hey, just a thought: you know who these guys really ought to complain about? The people who actually do take gigantic precautions against personal threats?

Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Sam Harris. They have armed bodyguards (Harris brags about personally training with a handgun). They take anonymous threats far more seriously than does Ophelia.

They must be “attention whores”. They just don’t understand “criticism”. They’re making terrorism “all about them.” Maybe Justin would like to call them up and tell them to “get a grip”.
[/spoiler]

Equating the "threats" Ophelia gets with Ayaan Hirsi Ali having a death threat pinned to the corpse of a friend with a knife. that's just sickening.
Embellish, distort, exaggerate beyond all recognition of reality. Ho hum. Standard baboon reality has been normalized to the point that I tend to not notice too much till they up the ante significantly.

I am becoming quite jaded about baboon behaviour it seems.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:

[/spoiler]http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/

Suppose that comment of mine relies too much on one having read the full link. As I subsequently clarified, I was criticising the victim for shaming men who would have used force to stop the rape.
Understood. Damn. I was excited to see a victim-blamer on here (because I've heard so much about them being here, but have never seen one...)

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I'm sorry if this was posted earlier and I missed it:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Jenny Titwobble has no fucking idea what 'privilege' means, despite originating that despicable den of self-pity and outsider-abuse, A+Theism. She receives ans email which is clearly from a non-native English speaker. Does Tits McGoo...
a) Delete immediately as religious spam?
b) Reply privately to the sender, in siple English, engaging them thoughtfully?
c) Just post the fucking email whole and invite her maggotbrained followers to laugh at people who can't write English particularly well?

Take a fucking guess, Einstein...

http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/201 ... t-email-2/

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Jenny Titwobble has no fucking idea what 'privilege' means, despite originating that despicable den of self-pity and outsider-abuse, A+Theism. She receives ans email which is clearly from a non-native English speaker. Does Tits McGoo...
c) Just post the fucking email whole and invite her maggotbrained followers to laugh at people who can't write English particularly well?

I would have done much worse. That email was fucking retarded.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Mr Danksworth wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Jenny Titwobble has no fucking idea what 'privilege' means, despite originating that despicable den of self-pity and outsider-abuse, A+Theism. She receives ans email which is clearly from a non-native English speaker. Does Tits McGoo...

I would have done much worse. That email was fucking retarded.
Point being: abuse of privilege (non-English speaker). You nasty, nasty cunt, Danksworth. Here, have a *pouncehug*.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Here it is for the FfTBophobics:

http://www.freezepage.com/1358999299QHHEXOULQJ

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Reap wrote:Ok I am determined to get a podcast done today. talked with Steve this morning but skype bit me on the ass so in 30 I'm tryin it again (5:30pm pst). Anyone wants in the floor is open hit me on skype .....We now return you to your regular not raping and not pillaging forum
I thought it was my skype that shit itself. MY phone froze and shat a nugget. Shit happens.
Couldn't make it today for the group talk. I'm at the office and naughty words like ''fuck and 'Zvan' are frowned upon.

Next time baby next time.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Here it is for the FfTBophobics:

Again, if thats the only thing I have to blog about, its time to shut down the blog.

Why does she think anyone cares?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ERV wrote:

Again, if thats the only thing I have to blog about, its time to shut down the blog.

Her commenters are even more forthright in their abuse of privilege:
caveatimperator on January 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I’m still trying to decipher whether the author of this email is a non-native speaker of English, or is just an idiot.
sparks on January 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Computer: 800 bucks. Internet connection: 19.95. English version Rosetta Stone: 500 bucks.
Sky Daddy bleevers: Fucking priceless.
leftwingfox on January 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Yet another victim of an Interrogangbang.
Strewth on January 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Best. Answer. Ever.
Also, leftwingfox, I may have torn something laughing at interrogangbang.
lordshipmayhem on January 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I love your response, Jen. Short and clear – sort of like the e-mail sender’s IQ.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

d4m10n wrote:I'm sorry if this was posted earlier and I missed it:
I suppose Myers will now take this into account and change his st—

pfft

Hahahaha, I couldn't finish that train of thought with a straight face. But learning about Natalie's situation more and more, I kind of feel sorry for her. If I had a bit of money, I'd scrounge up some just so she won't have to live on the street.

(Even though I realise she's probably more privileged than most about to be homeless people or homeless people, and many are probably worse off than her, but still. I'm too nice.)

decius

Post by decius »

Skep tickle wrote:
FWIW, "non-white" people are at higher risk for Type 2 diabetes than whites. I believe that's the case the world 'round, not just in NYC or USA. (There might be specific "non-white" groups for which that's not true, but if so I haven't heard that info.) I would think it's patronizing to restrict sales of a legal food product if it were done by racial makeup of neighborhood, but this ban applies to all of NYC, doesn't it? Of course, if they're going to do this then why not ban candy, ice cream, cigarettes, alcohol, bacon...where does the nannying end?
Isn't "at higher risk" different from "higher incidence"?

I don't know about what good restriction will do, but putting lots of sugar into drinks seems really idiotic in principle.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but the creationist > the atheist, in this instance.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Pitchguest wrote:
I suppose Myers will now take this into account and change his st—

pfft

Hahahaha, I couldn't finish that train of thought with a straight face. But learning about Natalie's situation more and more, I kind of feel sorry for her. If I had a bit of money, I'd scrounge up some just so she won't have to live on the street.

(Even though I realise she's probably more privileged than most about to be homeless people or homeless people, and many are probably worse off than her, but still. I'm too nice.)
I'm actually sorry to see her go, but I've got to get back to painting little FtB logos on the side of my Corsair.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
ERV wrote:

Her commenters are even more forthright in their abuse of privilege:
caveatimperator on January 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I’m still trying to decipher whether the author of this email is a non-native speaker of English, or is just an idiot.
sparks on January 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Computer: 800 bucks. Internet connection: 19.95. English version Rosetta Stone: 500 bucks.
Sky Daddy bleevers: Fucking priceless.
leftwingfox on January 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Yet another victim of an Interrogangbang.
Strewth on January 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Best. Answer. Ever.
Also, leftwingfox, I may have torn something laughing at interrogangbang.
lordshipmayhem on January 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I love your response, Jen. Short and clear – sort of like the e-mail sender’s IQ.
Well what do you expect? A+ former moderator, maiforpeace, told a guy to piss off from the forum until he learned English properly because he didn't toe the party line (despite his English being fine, and if I recall even apologised for any mistakes as he was ESL). It's no surprise that the progenitor of that cesspool wouldn't know any better.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Trophy wrote:

http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/th ... se-to-see/
Sure, men get raped too. But anyone who thinks the following is a fucking moron:
It is astonishing how much our culture seeks to deny any possibility that a woman may rape with her vagina. But of course, as survivor Typhonblue has so thoroughly documented, not only can they do so, but they do so with near as much frequency as men do with their penises.
"fucking moron", eh?
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... lit#p37835

sacha

Post by sacha »

EdgePenguin wrote:Somegreybloke versus Melody:

The irony is that SGB is clearly one of them. He makes constant jokes about 'oppressed white people' and has made videos promoting feminism. He is obviously a fan of Watson otherwise wouldn't have seen the tweets in the first place. Its possible this could be a deprogramming event for him, but I doubt it. He is publicly committed to radfem politics and it would be fairly hard for him to reverse course.

it was fairly recent, his transformation, and yes it was directly related to Watson and Company

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
welch wrote:I always thought the one poster, with the "call a friend if you feel the need to rape someone" was a bit of a goof with a decent point. It amused me, and that was about all the thought i gave it.
So then it's OK to rape yer friends?
Yell "SURPRISE" first. Then it's not rape, it's surprise sex.
I laugh at this every time

Notung

Post by Notung »

For once I agree with her.

Notung

Post by Notung »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: c) Just post the fucking email whole and invite her maggotbrained followers to laugh at people who can't write English particularly well?

Yes - I too thought that was unkind, especially as her correspondent seems to be writing in good faith, and is being nice to her.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Notung wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: c) Just post the fucking email whole and invite her maggotbrained followers to laugh at people who can't write English particularly well?

Yes - I too thought that was unkind, especially as her correspondent seems to be writing in good faith, and is being nice to her.
Maybe Jenny should take herself to some foreign language religious blogs and try to be one eighth as understandable (and polite) as this person in putting across her message.

Notung

Post by Notung »

sacha wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:Somegreybloke versus Melody:

it was fairly recent, his transformation, and yes it was directly related to Watson and Company
I'm following him too (although I'm not that familiar with him) - he 'changed his mind' after Justin V retweeted him:

I realise that's probably part-joke, but people seem to be taking him at his word. I don't want someone to start agreeing with me because Rebecca Watson (or whoever) retweets them. I want them to agree with me because I'm right!

Justin, maybe you should look for things you don't agree with on Twitter and retweet them!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Wait! What?

Woman gets away with rape by marrying her victim
http://toysoldier.wordpress.com/2013/01 ... er-victim/
A former Brunswick County teacher charged with having sex with a student pleaded guilty last month to a lesser charge after she married the victim, preventing the state from compelling him to testify against her, a prosecutor said this week. [...] [Leah Gayle Shipman] was a married Brunswick County Academy teacher when she was arrested in January 2009 on charges of sexual offense with a student, statutory rape and taking indecent liberties with a student. Shipman was immediately suspended from her job and her contract wasn’t renewed.
Oh well... that's all right then. I was a bit worried at first you see. Phew! Close call.

decius

Post by decius »

Twatson's reply to Shermer's article is a fucking hoot.

Some highlights. She cherrypicks a few irrelevant figures, including the long-dead and constantly wrong Stephen Gould (NOMA, Punctuated Equilibrium, Skull Size, to name but three of his biggest blunders) and "biologist PZ Myers" to once again cast doubts over evo psych. Go and read the blog, it's incredible.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

decius wrote:Twatson's reply to Shermer's article is a fucking hoot.

Some highlights. She cherrypicks a few irrelevant figures, including the long-dead and constantly wrong Stephen Gould (NOMA, Punctuated Equilibrium, Skull Size, to name but three of his biggest blunders) and "biologist PZ Myers" to once again cast doubts over evo psych. Go and read the blog, it's incredible.

Yeah it is a doozy ...

DeepInsideYourMind

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:

Yeah it is a doozy ...
In fact I'll even post the URL I forgot :)

http://www.freezepage.com/1359004263NYCXAUCRHR

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

A few comments on that article take a jab at libertarianism (Setar even shows up!). I'm not much into politics; can anyone explain why SJWs have such a hate-on for libertarianism?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I sent Natalie some chump change. Not much, but enough for a meal. Maybe enough to improve her situation for another day. At the very least, I hope she appreciates the gesture.

Anyway, I don't think we should count somegreybloke just yet, as a couple of hours ago, he said this,

@MelodyHensley @rebeccawatson Oh fuck, Justin Vacula RT'd something I said last night - so clearly I was in the wrong. Sorry.
And this,

@rebeccawatson @MelodyHensley Annoys me that you can't disagree with people on here without some tosser spinning it for their own agenda.
Note how the hipsters follow suit and how greybloke doubles down and implies the "tossers" are spinning it for "their own agenda." Who might the "tosser" be in this case? Justin? I'm not sure a retweet counts, but what I do know. In any case, shouldn't a self-proclaimed SWJ and feminist refrain from using the word "tosser" considering its etymology?

Granted the word "cunt" in the UK is no more gendered than "asshole", but I suppose if we're to take their rules into consideration, "tosser" (which has the meaning "unpleasant person") actually comes from the term "toss off" or masturbate. Much like how "wanker" would be a gendered term for men, "tosser" would count in that category as well, I imagine, so therefore, with that logic, shouldn't that word be off-limits? Or am I just overthinking it? Then again, not like they abide by their own rules anyway.

(Just for the record, I don't really believe somegreybloke should change his writing to appease us. Writing it out, I realised just how ridiculous it is, which made me wonder just how mental the people who think like this every day and mean it must be. It's nonsense, but for the sake of argument, it's nonsense that they believe in. They take this seriously. I fear for the future of the human race.)

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Yeah it is a doozy ...
Seems I missed your intro post. Welcome to the pit!

DeepInsideYourMind

Metalogic42 wrote: Seems I missed your intro post. Welcome to the pit!
You did :) Shameful !

sacha

Post by sacha »

LMU wrote:
The issue isn't whether or not *we* think "ragging" is sexist and offensive, the issue is whether anyone anywhere thinks it is sexist and offensive, and clearly some people do. If those people are offended by it's use, then it is the obligation of SJWs everywhere to fight against it's use. Their failure to do so is hypocrisy.

QFT

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

sacha wrote:
LMU wrote:
The issue isn't whether or not *we* think "ragging" is sexist and offensive, the issue is whether anyone anywhere thinks it is sexist and offensive, and clearly some people do. If those people are offended by it's use, then it is the obligation of SJWs everywhere to fight against it's use. Their failure to do so is hypocrisy.

QFT
Damn good point.

sacha

Post by sacha »

codelette wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Yeah, I'm being a nitpicky bitch today. I wonder if Ophelia Benson truly meant to make this comparison:
I wonder what “unduly” means there. I also wonder what on earth the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation are thinking. They want sugar drinks to be extra-special cheap so that blacks and Hispanics can have higher than average rates of Type 2 diabetes? Do they also wish lead-based paint were still legal and readily available? Do they long for the old days when toddlers could munch on paint chips full of lead?
So... blacks and Hispanics are being compared to toddlers now?

http://www.freezepage.com/1358968591TIADUREOWF
I really want to thank the heavens for sending me those FTB white saviors! Aleluya!
They're not only going to show me -skeptically speaking- about jails and drugs; now they are going to protect my pancreas from evil cheap sugars.
Mira, Ofelia, jodia hija de puta. You know what? Since chilhood I was taught that sodas were for special occasions only. If you ever disconnect from the motherfucking Internet, and go visit a Hispanic grocery store...look inside the carts. Look and see how little soda they buy. Also, most Hispanics don't eat lead paint chips. It seems you did eat some. Pendeja.
hahahaha!

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Intent isn't magic, after all.

Unless they're the one's speaking...then it's fucking unicorns.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

The A+ mods thread is getting more and more bizarre:

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/nL0aqUt.png[/spoiler]

And then Flewellyn just has to chip in with a post I just can't figure out. It's like he's shouting at himself:

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/YOuwS0u.jpg[/spoiler]

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Karmakin wrote:Intent isn't magic, after all.

I like fucking unicorns.
They have a handle at the front that you can hang on to.
And you BOTH have the horn.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Another FTBer to rustle up some change from their supporters. This time it's avicenna for another laptop.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... rity-case/

https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boa ... 221300.gif

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Karmakin wrote:Intent isn't magic, after all.

I like fucking unicorns.
They have a handle at the front that you can hang on to.
And you BOTH have the horn.
:clap:

Actually, along the same lines. What bugs me about all of that isn't the hypocrisy..actually generally speaking I find the focus on hypocrisy to be a sort of a double-edged sword that I think often entirely misses the intended mark...it's the entitlement involved.

That they see one standard for them and another standard for everybody else is the entire problem with the SJW worldview. It's raw tribalism, nothing more, nothing less. Using the proper language is just a tribal marker.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Yeah it is a doozy ...
In fact I'll even post the URL I forgot :)

http://www.freezepage.com/1359004263NYCXAUCRHR
Does it get any more Becky-like than the fucking first fucking sentence of the fucking main fucking post?
Shermer states that 41% of Democrats believe god created man as-is within the previous 1,000 years [EDIT: I mean 10,000, not that that's much better]
Does she not proof read her own shit, or does she just think "fuck it, I've written what I've written, and anything I claim therein as fact will be taken as such".

What kind of fucking bobblehead doesn't reread their work, and think, "Hey, 1,000 years ago? Aren't there some pretty fucking important (and beautiful) works of Christian art from around and before then? Really, 1,000 years? Do I mean 100? Let me spend one fucking second checking this shit out, because I'm already known as 'the Galileo chick'."

Cunt.

BannedAid

Post by BannedAid »

Wait... why is Watson replying to Shermer's comments on Evo-Psych? She said she was only going after pop-evo-psych in her speech.

Oh yeah, she was totally lying about that. nm.