Back to Conspiratoria

free thoughtpolice

Re: Back to Conspiratoria

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Meanwhile, in Canada:
Populist , right wing Conservative candidate Pierre Poilievre is denouncing rape threats against his wife. They were made by a slightly more extreme right wing nut so this time the fascist regime of Justin Trudeau is off the hook.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9155887/pier ... inst-wife/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dear free thoughtpolice,

This is the Slymepit.

We've ALL been accused by Deranged Leftwing Kooks... of being "extreme" "right wing" "nuts" who make "rape threats".

So...

what the fuck are you doin'... posting this shit?

I haven't followed this real-close, but...

It seems to me that "Diagalon" is a silly joke meme-country. Like when Sargon made-up "Kekistan".

The idea-- is that all the anti-SJW anti-Covidlockdown places would unite as a diagonal Empire...
running from Alaska to Florida:

But "Diagalon" is an actual domestic terror threat... according to the Canadian Lapdog News Media's Speshul Victims Unit (The same CUNTS who pretend the "QAnon Shaman" was equivalent to Osama Bin Laden.)

Are these Diagalon jokers making =real= rape threats against Pierre Poilievre's wife? Or are they telling jokes & making edgelord banter?

I understand--- if Pierre doesn't-care if these are "just" jokes & banter about His Wife. That's fine-- for him to take umbrage.

But for free thoughtpolice and Canadian FAKE NEWS to cry crocodile tears & pretend you think these "threats" are real and serious...

to pretend you care about poor Mrs. Pierre Poilievre... is a different thing entirely.

That's just disingenuous pearl-clutching fainting-couch FAKE NEWS bullshit.

So tell me me, you Free Thought Blogs commie baboon cunt, am I wrong?

Or am I right... and these "rape threats" are about as real as that Ram Ranch song that Trudeau's Admirer's used to irritate the Trucker Convoy Protests?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Last month, free thoughtpolice's same source... globalnews.ca ...was sayin' Pierre Poilievre MUST DENOUNCE Diagalon.

They used a picture of a politician shaking hands with a guy... to insinuate a newsworthy CONSPIRACY...
Conservative leadership front-runner Pierre Poilievre came under fire this past weekend after an image of him shaking hands with Jeremy Mackenzie, the founder of a group known as “Diagolon,” emerged.

Jeremy Mackenzie is seen shaking hands with Pierre Poilievre.

Shortly after the image surfaced on Mackenzie’s public Telegram channel, NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh called on Poilievre to “denounce Jeremy Mackenzie and Diagolon,” who he said are “designated as violent extremists by Canada’s Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre.”

Singh was referring to a report from Press Progress, which last week published a document it obtained through access-to-information from the Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre, a federal organization that assesses threats of terrorism to Canada.

The document, dated Feb. 17, 2022, classifies Mackenzie as one of the “key anti-government IMVE (ideologically motivated violent extremism) adherents” that attended the so-called “freedom convoy” protests in Ottawa earlier this year.

The Canadian government has not expressed formal concern about Diagolon nor does it list the group as a terrorist entity.

The Canadian government has not expressed formal concern about Diagolon nor does it list the group as a terrorist entity.

“Over the course of my campaign I have shaken hands with literally tens of thousands of people at public rallies. It is impossible to do a background check on every single person who attends my events,” Poilievre’s campaign team said in response to Global News’ request for comment on Aug. 20.

“As I always have, I denounce racism and anyone who spreads it. I didn’t and don’t know or recognize this particular individual.”

So who is Mackenzie — and what is Diagolon? Here’s what you need to know.

Diagolon: Meme country or extremist threat?...

“It’s not just an innocent podcast. It’s not just irony,” said Amarnath Amarasingam, an assistant professor at Queen’s University and expert on extremism.

Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam Amarnath Amarasingam

These podcasters are giving their viewers a new “lens” through which to interpret their struggles, he said – one that paints government as the villain and societal collapse as inevitable.

“The louder that gets, the more people that message resonates with, then you automatically create the potential for one or two of them doing something about it.”

In a statement sent to Global News, Mackenzie rejected any suggestion that his livestreams could incite violence or aggression.

The goal of his podcast, Mackenzie said, is to “make people laugh and alleviate their stress, build a sense of community to combat the social and spiritual isolation prevalent through society, make it abundantly clear that these incredibly wealthy and powerful folks pushing the buttons in our home are not to be blindly trusted without a thought.”

The Canadian government has not expressed formal concern about Diagolon, though Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino did refer to “a far-right extreme organization” in relation to the blockade in Coutts.

“Several of the individuals at Coutts have strong ties to a far-right extreme organization with leaders who are in Ottawa,” he said at the time.

He did not name the organization.

Diagolon is not listed as a terrorist entity according to Canada’s Anti-Terrorism Act — and according to Amarasingam, it doesn’t fit that definition.

He said the danger with Diagolon, rather, lies with how its viewers might internalize the cynical worldview Mackenzie and other affiliated broadcasters present.

“I don’t get the sense that they know what they want to do next…. There’s this kind of constant revelling in the grievance itself. But there’s no real ask,” Amarasingam said.

“That’s not to say particular individuals and this movement won’t take it upon themselves to do it — as we (allegedly) saw in Coutts.”
Mackenzie denies that the patches are affiliated with his group. A post on a website dedicated to Diagolon suggests the patches are fake and being “used to frame community members.”

Meanwhile, the Diagolon founder has said in livestreams that he’s “not doing anything.” He’s just “commenting” on the “destructive” behaviour of others — including those in positions of power.

“I’m just pointing it out because I don’t know what else to do,” he said. “And if enough people see it, maybe something will happen.”

===

There's literally No More... and No Less... evidence... that "Diagalon" is real-and-not-a-joke...

than the evidence proving free thoughtpolice praised Putin & called-for Kiev to become "Putingrad".

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:19 pm
Service Dog wrote: I regard Alex Jones as at-least 3/4 nonsense. But some portion of that remaining 1/4-- is of value...
I reckon there are probably other people for whom 25% is not a passing grade.

I guess the devil is in the details.
Life is not a classroom and I honestly think we'd be better off if more journalists were like Alex Jones. Of course my opinion of the press these days is somewhere to the right of Hitler's...

If I recall correctly years back a bunch of pitizens took one of those online personality tests and, to the surprise of nobody paying attention, they all came back in something like the 99th percentile for disagreeableness. For the rest of the population getting along matters much more than asking real questions. This, not him being wrong, explains the popular desire to crucify Jones

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

On the birding front the last hummingbird holdout has finally gone south and I miss her terribly. More than the leaves changing color her absence makes the approach of winter a constant thought. No more OCD monitoring of the feeder worried that they'd start dropping out of the sky after 10 minutes without sugar, my whole daily routine is disrupted.

At the height of summer they were going through close to 3 cups a day. Really amazing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Rachel Maddow is as bad, if not worse, than AJ. At least a few of his conspiracy theories turned out to be true.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

jet_lagg wrote: [quote=MarcusAu post_id=512717 time=1664223551 user_id=1445
Service Dog wrote: I regard Alex Jones as at-least 3/4 nonsense. But some portion of that remaining 1/4-- is of value...
I reckon there are probably other people for whom 25% is not a passing grade.

I guess the devil is in the details.
Life is not a classroom and I honestly think we'd be better off if more journalists were like Alex Jones. Of course my opinion of the press these days is somewhere to the right of Hitler's...

If I recall correctly years back a bunch of pitizens took one of those online personality tests and, to the surprise of nobody paying attention, they all came back in something like the 99th percentile for disagreeableness. For the rest of the population getting along matters much more than asking real questions. This, not him being wrong, explains the popular desire to crucify Jones
[/quote]
This reminds me of a conversation with my mother, now in her mid 70s. In some senses, she is quite clued up.... but there are a bunch of things that she says she won't believe because it would be too dreadful. Effectively, anything that seriously challenges Whig history falls into that category. She was in the US recently and was appalled by how partisan and hysterical it all was, but basically she can't deal with a solution that doesn't go back to the 1990s. To even consider the possibility that Alex Jones had some kind of a point would be to abandon the idea that the 1990s was some kind of normal that could be returned to.

The irony just struck me that she has repeated a bunch of times the tired old claim that conservatives want to turn the clock back to some past that can't be recaptured.

free thoughtpolice

Putin is a savvy genius.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

As the Meloni-meltdown begins and the MSM rushes to slap "Fascist" stickers all over her, all I can think about is what colour her knickers are and whether or not she has shaved a little "Hitler 'tache" into her pubes.

https://hellas.postsen.com/content/uplo ... ec6ca9.jpg

I mean, I would, sober... :P

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: As the Meloni-meltdown begins and the MSM rushes to slap "Fascist" stickers all over her, all I can think about is what colour her knickers are and whether or not she has shaved a little "Hitler 'tache" into her pubes.

https://hellas.postsen.com/content/uplo ... ec6ca9.jpg

I mean, I would, sober... :P
I'm wondering how much pancetta is in her panini.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This fucker was eager to join me on the porch. I'd prefer to leave them be, but it came right at me up the steps. It's still wriggling an hour later.

porch rattler.JPG
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 192 times

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Dear free thoughtpolice,

This is the Slymepit.

We've ALL been accused by Deranged Leftwing Kooks... of being "extreme" "right wing" "nuts" who make "rape threats".

So...

It seems to me that "Diagalon" is a silly joke meme-country. Like when Sargon made-up "Kekistan".

The idea-- is that all the anti-SJW anti-Covidlockdown places would unite as a diagonal Empire...

But "Diagalon" is an actual domestic terror threat... according to the Canadian Lapdog News Media's Speshul Victims Unit (The same CUNTS who pretend the "QAnon Shaman" was equivalent to Osama Bin Laden.)

Are these Diagalon jokers making =real= rape threats against Pierre Poilievre's wife? Or are they telling jokes & making edgelord banter?

I understand--- if Pierre doesn't-care if these are "just" jokes & banter about His Wife. That's fine-- for him to take umbrage.

But for free thoughtpolice and Canadian FAKE NEWS to cry crocodile tears & pretend you think these "threats" are real and serious...

to pretend you care about poor Mrs. Pierre Poilievre... is a different thing entirely.

Or am I right... and these "rape threats" are about as real as that Ram Ranch song that Trudeau's Admirer's used to irritate the Trucker Convoy Protests?

When the kooks at Free thought blogs were accusing Slyme pitters of making rape threats, as I recall no one was actually making threats. You can decide whether this is a threat:
After MacKenzie comments on her appearance and where she’s from, he says, “Let’s rape her … It’s not really a sex thing, we just want to show people that we can do things to you if we want to. It’s a power move.”

This asshole also threatened public health officials and was convicted of illegal firearms possession. Hes been slithering around the internet inciting illegal behavior for a quite a while as well. Poillievre is the closest thing Canada has to trumpster. He was anti vax, anti mask and has a lot of stupid ideas that ypu probably agree with. My main point in posting this is that right wing folks,at least in Canada don't like criminals and near criminals making threats of rape against their wives, especially from someone who broadcasts incitements to criminal behavior to an audience of kooks. Do want to put Poillievre into the same class as PZ Myers that falsely accuses others of rape threats? Maybe you think it's OK to make the kind of statements that the nutcase Mackenzie made? If you used your own name and your address and your whereabouts were usually publicly available would you mind if someone was making rape threats against your gf?.
I remember when screwtape "threatened" to punch Cavanaugh in the nose for calling him a weakling. You took that for a threat apparently although it's kind of unlikely that fragile old man was going to track him down and punch him in the nose. Didn't you recently say that he was a disgrace to his profession over that scary threat?
Are you calling Global News Canadian Lapdog Speshul Victims Unit? Then criticized them for posting opinions on both sides of the story? I would say that is even coverage.

"
to pretend you care about poor Mrs. Pierre Poilievre... is a different thing entirely."

I didn't say anything about caring about her. What I care about is the political dialogue in Canada descending to where slinging threats about is condoned no matter which side gets them.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Dear free thoughtpolice,

This is the Slymepit.

So...

When the kooks at Free thought blogs were accusing Slyme pitters of making rape threats, as I recall no one was actually making threats. You can decide whether this is a threat:
After MacKenzie comments on her appearance and where she’s from, he says, “Let’s rape her … It’s not really a sex thing, we just want to show people that we can do things to you if we want to. It’s a power move.”

This asshole also threatened public health officials and was convicted of illegal firearms possession. Hes been slithering around the internet inciting illegal behavior for a quite a while as well. Poillievre is the closest thing Canada has to trumpster. He was anti vax, anti mask and has a lot of stupid ideas that ypu probably agree with. My main point in posting this is that right wing folks,at least in Canada don't like criminals and near criminals making threats of rape against their wives, especially from someone who broadcasts incitements to criminal behavior to an audience of kooks. Do want to put Poillievre into the same class as PZ Myers that falsely accuses others of rape threats? Maybe you think it's OK to make the kind of statements that the nutcase Mackenzie made? If you used your own name and your address and your whereabouts were usually publicly available would you mind if someone was making rape threats against your gf?.
I remember when screwtape "threatened" to punch Cavanaugh in the nose for calling him a weakling. You took that for a threat apparently although it's kind of unlikely that fragile old man was going to track him down and punch him in the nose. Didn't you recently say that he was a disgrace to his profession over that scary threat?
Are you calling Global News Canadian Lapdog Speshul Victims Unit? Then criticized them for posting opinions on both sides of the story? I would say that is even coverage.

"
to pretend you care about poor Mrs. Pierre Poilievre... is a different thing entirely."

I didn't say anything about caring about her. What I care about is the political dialogue in Canada descending to where slinging threats about is condoned no matter which side gets them.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I'm wondering how much pancetta is in her panini.
Mmmm...gorgonzola!

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
You know, I had hoped that the nasty name calling had stopped. A few people here were voicing that it should and "both sides were to blame".
I was of the mind that I wasn't the one starting it and I had a right to retaliate. After all, I had stopped posting here for a fairly long time and the first post back I got an unprovoked nasty comment.
That screengrab you posted where I joked about renaming Kiev Putingrad was eye opening. I went into the history and read a few pages from that time (Mar. 2014) and read the comments. There were a lot of different people commenting, not the same few like now. Strange thing, there were disagreements but they reasonably engaged without name calling and excessive trolling.
Servide Dog wrote:
Dear free thoughtpolice,

This is the Slymepit.

So...

Do you own this website? You seem to think I shouldn't post my opinions unless I check with you first. What exactly about saying that making direct rape threats against a public figure. Oh lets give the lowlife the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was just joking or being an edgelord. Try that lame excuse in the home of the !st amendment against your top federal gov. figures. See if the secret service maybe gives you a talking to.
I didn't personal remarks against when I made that post and I don't understand why you got so pissed off you had to call me names and Infer that I was onside with the baboons.
I guess you at least think you own this website and want it to turn to continuous shit post trolling and name calling. It's not what I want, but if someone is going to get nasty with me don't blame me returning the favor.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jonathan Haidt resigns from NYU over compulsory DEI statement:
https://jonathanturley.org/2022/09/27/i ... statement/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I'm wondering how much pancetta is in her panini.
Mmmm...gorgonzola!
We are going to Hell. (First round's on me!)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote: When the kooks at Free thought blogs were accusing Slyme pitters of making rape threats, as I recall no one was actually making threats. You can decide whether this is a threat:

"

I don't remember whether the timing matched, but SomeDumbGuy said that Marcotte should be raped in a ditch or something.

Also, despite the insane batshittery of the new UK gov, this is encouraging:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-63055024

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

A stray cat near my place.
Stray Small.jpg
(796.23 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote: A stray cat near my place.

Stray Small.jpg
Wow. I'm gonna use that as my screensaver, thank you.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: right wing folks,at least in Canada don't like criminals and near criminals making threats of rape against their wives, especially from someone who broadcasts incitements to criminal behavior to an audience of kooks. Do want to put Poillievre into the same class as PZ Myers that falsely accuses others of rape threats?
No. I explicitly said that Poilievre has every-right to take umbrage at rape-talk about his wife... whether joke or serious.

I contrasted that against YOU... YOU are the one I compare to PZ Myers.

The Canadian news media is certainly guilty of Victim-Wave-Feminist woke cry-bully tactics straight-outta the FTB playbook... and you're all-too-happy to co-sign that shit...

as long as the target is Pierre Poilievre. Canada's Trump?!! That's like calling Charlie Chaplin "America's Hitler".

But EVERYBODY'S TRUMP, when you're rabid with The Derangement.

Where's the evidence that Poilievre is the Canadian Trump? Oh-- it's that he shook hands with this Diagalon guy, aka "Canada's Proud Boys".

But also the Diagonal Maple-flavored Proud Boy guy is a terroristic rape threat *against* Poilevre? Doesn't that affect the previous claim?!! Can't you see the problem in your logic?
free thoughtpolice wrote: You know, I had hoped that the nasty name calling had stopped.
You are truly a dumbfuck. Literally Every One Of Your Posts contains a sig with your cringefail attempt to namecall me.

You're a lolcow trying to ride a high horse. It's hilarious... except it's also not hilarious... because I'm not mean-enough to enjoy it.

I don't think it's your fault-- that you aren't as-good as you think you are... at shitposting.

I think the SNARKY LEFT has been around a long time-- Jon Stewart, George Carlin, M*A*S*H, ...smug beatniks. But the echo chamber left you unable to gauge your (lack of) prowess, dulled your development.

Oh well. There are far-worse things one could be in this world-- than not-very-good-at-ranting-on-the-internet. Like it or not-- you're my brother, spawn of ERV's slimy pit. I'm sure I say some weak-ass shit on her here too, sometimes.
free thoughtpolice wrote: Do you own this website? You seem to think I shouldn't post my opinions unless I check with you first. What exactly about saying that making direct rape threats against a public figure.
I didn't personal remarks against when I made that post and I don't understand why you got so pissed off you had to call me names and Infer that I was onside with the baboons.
I guess you at least think you own this website and want it to turn to continuous shit post trolling and name calling. It's not what I want, but if someone is going to get nasty with me don't blame me returning the favor.
free thoughtpolice wrote: That screengrab you posted where I joked about renaming Kiev Putingrad was eye opening.
Was it? "Maybe you think it's OK to make those kind of statements" IN JEST about the rape of Ukraine? (I do. I think it's ok. I think 'Putingrad' was a pretty good punchline. Well done! But so is Diagalon.)

And I think it's ok to say rapey shit about the President of Italy, too, without the fucking GESTAPO knocking your door.

Do you get the point I'm trying to make? PZ "Sméagol" Myers was once a thing not-unlike a hobbit, long ago, before he went down a well-worn wrong-path...

a path you're not exempt from following, if you're not careful.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Holy shit -- we blew up Nordstream.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just saw Jupiter and five (MAYBE six) moons. Used a 20x60 spotting scope. A 100mm or 125mm refractor would have been nice, but this was as clear as I've seen Joybringer in decades.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Holy shit -- we blew up Nordstream.
Yep. Navy Seals is my guess. Force the Krauts to knuckle under to US hegemony. The way that the US has pushed the EU to shoot themselves in the face is remarkable indeed!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today is Day 2 of 3, on another jewelry job. This one for a non-precious brand, most of their stuff costs under $100.

I arrived onsite yesterday-- carpenters were building faux a subway car, hanging disco balls, 'papering' the walls with slick vinyl murals of 70's & 80's nyc. The producer hadn't told me-- that the promotional event is to launch a set of Keith Haring themed rings, bracelets, earrings, charms.

As a teen, I liked Haring because I liked to draw, but my attempts to draw superhero comic books revealed my limitations. Haring offered hope that style was sufficient, in lieu of meticulous grinding effort. When he died in February 1990, I was a college freshman-- not assimilating well to the campus I'd selected. I reacted to the news by waking early the next day & walking across Iowa City with a green spraycan, painting Haring's characters on the thick coat of fresh white snow covering the city. Even on snow-covered parked cars (with no damage to the cars underneath). Less than 3 months later I quit that school & semi-stole my parents' car to drive to nyc for the 1st time.

In 2008, celebrating what would-have-been Haring's 50th birthday, I helped re-create one of his famous murals, on the Bowery. And for several years after, I was the caretake of that wall-- as various artists-- eventually including Banksy-- each took a turn painting it. https://goldmanproperties.com/bowery-wall/ That project evolved into the enormously-successful permanent street art district of Wynwood, in Miami. In 2009, I helped hang Haring's giant-sized Ten Commandments murals-on-canvas, for display.

I spent yesterday running small shopping errands in the 'downtown' which Haring once prowled. Then I spraypainted the little plastic risers which-will display the jewelry. Today will be a promotional party with DJs, breakdancers, drag queens, a 'bucket drummer' street performer, food trucks, drinks. Then we'll tear it all down & leave the rental venue. Which is next-to NYU... and the freshmen girls arriving there are strikingly-slutty looking this year. To the point of looking crazy, rather than sexy. I think the quarantine years damaged their socialization, so their fashion inspirations are Only Fans and Anime.

All day yesterday-- I asked myself-- "What does Keith Haring, 'downtown', hipsterdom, the art 'scene' -- mean to me, in Current Year?" It still means something, I guess. Even now, I felt some satisfaction from working on a Haring related project.

It also feels like snoozing off in a daydream, then snapping-back to a harsh reality... when I arrived home late & heard the Nordstream news.

John D

Post by John D »

This is a pretty powerful bit from Bridget. I watch her dumpster fire video on Mondays.

I remember the thought process I went through when my girls were just young. I read a few books on how sex affects women. My advice to my daughters was that there is nothing wrong with sex... but... it is much better when you really care about your partner. This was wise advice... even in the 1990s. But... forces outside my control led my daughters to do some very reckless sexual activities. They often regretted their choices. I never said "I told you so." You have to let your kids fail a bit on their own while providing a safe secure place to come back to.

My youngest daughter went through a wild period where she was looking to get paid for sex. I don't know all the details and I figure it is private to her. I don't attack her for it...but... one day my 18 year old youngest daughter came to me in tears. She said she had agreed to have sex with a guy for money and then changed her mind. Now the guy would not leave her alone. He kept calling her and threatening her. I told her to text the guy back and tell him if he texted again that her father would call the police. My daughter had not figured out that this guy could get changed with a felony for his stalking. I explained to her that I would report him to the cops if he ever contacted her in any way. She was so confused... she was thinking she would get in trouble for agreeing to have sex with him. I was really surprised... and I guess I hadn't really made her understand how the world worked. She texted him and he never contacted her again. I also explained to her that if he ever came to our house I would kill him. Now she has gotten through this period. She is a school teacher and is married to a 140 IQ IT geek. They bought a house, have two dogs, and together make more money than I do. Anyway... just a weird story from my life.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jonathan Haidt resigns from NYU over compulsory DEI statement:
I have read everything Haidt has written. He is a very nuanced and interesting writer. I am a bit surprised Cornell would lose their most popular professor over this inclusion shit. Our UNIs are well and truly lost right now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jonathan Haidt resigns from NYU over compulsory DEI statement:
I have read everything Haidt has written. He is a very nuanced and interesting writer. I am a bit surprised Cornell would lose their most popular professor over this inclusion shit. Our UNIs are well and truly lost right now.
That's what Peterson his early exposure, a refusal to acquiesce in compelled speech.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Never got the appeal of Haring. IMO, he was a one-trick pony who had a little fun for a while by blending Kilroy Was Here with crime scene body outlines. I had a friend in art school who could totally mimic Haring but with more imagination.

I suspect the enduring fondness for Haring's fad has a lot to do with nostalgia for that hip scene you describe. The other day, I heard Neil Young's Rocking In The Free World on the radio. It's a great song musically, but the lyrics are so dated they sound foolish. A march for the 'resistance' to Reagan-Bush. We then switched to the repurposed oldie Don't Stop, celebrating that 'yesterday's gone' and the dawning of the Liberal Thousand Year Reich.

Michael Moore ended Fahrenheit 9/11 with 'Rocking' -- we were back to fighting -- the Second Anti-Bushite War. But by then, Clinton had turned the Left into Neo-Libs, a metamorphosis obscured by the penumbra of the Bush-Cheney Neo-Cons. The Obama 'revolution' was for another naive generation, keeping the Grognards at arm's length with their banal and narcissistic "we are the ones we were looking for." Obama completed the conversion of the Left into the very thing they thought they'd been opposing all along. The third war, against MAGATrump could, like the Third Punic War, could only end with the sowing of salt on the ruins of the enemy's Carthage. Young and Moore became two of the worst, vindictive, authoritarian shits out there.

On some level, the old lefties must recognize their metamorphosis and are like the crack whore in the song who tosses her baby in a dumpster so she can get another hit, "hates her life and what she's done with it."

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:) Conspiracy theorists gotta do what conspiracy theorists gotta do ... :P ;)

Memes_Data_Conspiracy_1A.jpg
(78.51 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote: Sad to see Steersman is on another timeout from the International Sceptics. Be <clap> a <clap> better <clap> sceptic <clap> Steersman! It's current year! Sort yourself out!!!!

Maybe you are lacking a proper role model or what a sceptic can be, and should be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3oTWGrNpAU
:) Guess I'm "like in the 99.99th percentile for disagreeableness" ... ;)

Though more a case of comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

In any case, I had appealed my "conviction" but looks like I'm on the ISF's naughty step for the next 10 days:

For people who want to play along from home, though I'm not sure Hilton's tweet shows up:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... p?t=361531

https://twitter.com/FondOfBeetles/statu ... 9589527554

Basically, Hilton and Company are turning "male" and "female" into a binary - functional and non-functional males and females - or a trinary, a spectrum of pre-functional, functional, and post-functional. Scientism's own Trinity ...

But ran across a fairly nice overview of the issues surrounding the whole concept of creating definitions:

https://www.sfu.ca/~swartz/definitions.htm#part5

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
John D wrote:
That's what Peterson his early exposure, a refusal to acquiesce in compelled speech.
Recently ordered this book from Amazon on that topic:
Pesky Pronouns and Compelling Conundrums: The S-He-It Has Hit the Fan

This slim book explores why the personal pronoun has been catapulted to grammatical stardom, taking center stage in debates about free speech and gender identity. .... It is postulated that compelling the use of self-chosen and nonbinary personal pronouns in public domains and labeling non-compliance as acts of insubordination, discrimination, or hate speech cultivates hostile environments for all students and employees and violates the civil liberty and speech rights for some people under the guise of securing them for others.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Gumby wrote: A stray cat near my place.

Stray Small.jpg
Wow. I'm gonna use that as my screensaver, thank you.
I'm honored! Enjoy.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

[quote=Lsuoma post_id=512749 time=1664338149 user_id=2]
Yep. Navy Seals is my guess. Force the Krauts to knuckle under to US hegemony. The way that the US has pushed the EU to shoot themselves in the face is remarkable indeed!
[/quote]
Now I get the thread title!

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Steersman wrote: In any case, I had appealed my "conviction" but looks like I'm on the ISF's naughty step for the next 10 days:
Good luck with that. I'm sure they will give you a fair hearing.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

A thought that has been bouncing around my head. Every once in a while, one of the International Sceptics, peace be upon them, mentions being some degree of autistic, or you find out that they are into swinging or something. How much of that place is a bunch of libertine degenerates using people, who have a blind spot for recognising degenerates, as cover to maintain some WandaVision simulacrum of a functioning community?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

It's like looking at a model town populated with a mixture of followers of the Marquis de Sade and followers of Jeremy Bentham.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Turns out I know one of the jurors for the Alex Jones trial.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

jet_lagg wrote: Turns out I know one of the jurors for the Alex Jones trial.
Which one?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: [quote=Lsuoma post_id=512749 time=1664338149 user_id=2]
Now I get the thread title!
[/quote]

It's elementary, TFJ. What's your theory?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I think the next thread title should be "Quote Fail A-Go-Go"

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Pesky Pronouns and Compelling Conundrums
Actually, I may have changed my mind - I've seen some pretty compelling arguments from John Helmer that it was the Polacks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In Italy, the 'workers' parties are now supported mostly by the elite:

Oh, and Pencil Dick Pichai has started deleting Meloni's speeches on youtube.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Actually, I may have changed my mind - I've seen some pretty compelling arguments from John Helmer that it was the Polacks.
Danzig would make suitable reparations.

One problem with that theory:
Poland still owns exactly one submarine, about its condition at least according to Wikipedia complaints on the part of the crew (it is a Soviet submarine built in 1986), and no combat swimmers.

The list of possible suspects is comparatively short. Kampfschwimmer own [sic], in [German] alphabetical order, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Norway, Austria, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa and the United States.

Denmark does not have submarines, but has the advantage that the incident sites are close to its own territory, albeit outside territorial waters. Finland also has no submarines. The rest of the states on the list meet both criteria.
The transliteration in that article is kinda funny:
It may be that the United States found it necessary to put additional pressure on Chancellor Olaf Scholz in his full pants quarantine."
That's a German euphemism for he's shit his pants.

https://detv.us/2022/09/27/who-sabotage ... ort-rt-de/

free thoughtpolice

You heard it here first. Hunter Biden bew up the pipeline. He sent in a crack team of crack whores posing as innocent fun loving lowlifes on a 150 foot party boat complete with naked waterslides and sent down anti ship mines rigged to sink and its magnetic sensors enabled it to accurately place the explosives on the metal pipeline.
His motive?
It could be that he wanted his company Burisma to take over Gazprom's ex customers and ensure that Gazprom can never get them back.
It could be he never got the money he was pledged by the mayor of Moscow, is pissed and did it for revenge.
It could be he was pissed the Russians dismantled all of his bioweapons labs in Ukraine.
Or maybe he is just straight evil

free thoughtpolice

A doctor goes out and buys the best car on the market, a brand new Ferrari GTO. It is also the most expensive car in the world, and it costs him $500,000. He takes it out for a spin and stops at a red light.

An old man on a moped, looking about 100 years old, pulls up next to him.

The old man looks over at the sleek shiny car and asks, “What kind of car ya got there, sonny?”

The doctor replies, “A Ferrari GTO. It cost half a million dollars!”

“That’s a lot of money,” says the old man. “Why does it cost so much?”

“Because this car can do up to 250 miles an hour!” states the doctor proudly.

The moped driver asks, “Mind if I take a look inside?”

“No problem,” replies the doctor.

So the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around.

Then, sitting back on his moped, the old man says, “That’s a pretty nice car, all right, but I’ll stick with my moped!”

Just then the light changes, so the doctor decides to show the old man just what his car can do.

He floors it, and within 30 seconds, the speedometer reads 150 mph.

Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rear view mirror – what it could be…and suddenly…

WHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHH!

Something whips by him going much faster!

“What on earth could be going faster than my Ferrari?” the doctor asks himself.

He floors the accelerator and takes the Ferrari up to 175 mph.

Then, up ahead of him, he sees that it’s the old man on the moped!

Amazed that the moped could pass his Ferrari, he gives it more gas and passes the moped at 210 mph.

WHOOOOOOOSHHHHH!

He’s feeling pretty good until he looks in his mirror and sees the old man gaining on him AGAIN!

Astounded by the speed of his old guy, he floors the gas pedal and takes the Ferrari all the way up to 250 mph.

Not ten seconds later, he sees the moped bearing down on him again!

The Ferrari is flat out, and there’s nothing he can do!

Suddenly, the moped plows into the back of his Ferrari, demolishing the rear end.

The doctor stops and jumps out and , unbelievably, the old man is still alive.

He runs up to the mangled old man and says, “Oh my gosh! Is there anything I can do for you?”

The old man whispers, “Unhook my suspenders from your side mirror.”

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
Steersman wrote: In any case, I had appealed my "conviction" but looks like I'm on the ISF's naughty step for the next 10 days:
Good luck with that. I'm sure they will give you a fair hearing.
:) As I had indicated in my screen-shot, they had denied my appeal. For rather thin "reasons". But maybe having fired a shot across their bows, maybe they'll be a bit more equitable. Though I'm not putting a lot of money on that.
A thought that has been bouncing around my head. Every once in a while, one of the International Sceptics, peace be upon them, mentions being some degree of autistic, or you find out that they are into swinging or something. How much of that place is a bunch of libertine degenerates using people, who have a blind spot for recognising degenerates, as cover to maintain some WandaVision simulacrum of a functioning community? ....

It's like looking at a model town populated with a mixture of followers of the Marquis de Sade and followers of Jeremy Bentham
:) Rather a bizarre forum in many ways. As I had suggested earlier, rather like Atheism Plus - think I had a warning or a suspension for suggesting that the mods at the ISF came from Atheism+. Not amused, I think ... ;)

But I see they have a thread on prostitution so, once I've done my "penance", maybe I'll go over there and pour a bit of salt on people's tails ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I think the next thread title should be "Quote Fail A-Go-Go"
:) Maybe tomorrow you can wait until your coffee has finished brewing before commenting? ;)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You heard it here first. Hunter Biden bew up the pipeline. He sent in a crack team of crack whores posing as innocent fun loving lowlifes on a 150 foot party boat complete with naked waterslides and sent down anti ship mines rigged to sink and its magnetic sensors enabled it to accurately place the explosives on the metal pipeline.
His motive?
It could be that he wanted his company Burisma to take over Gazprom's ex customers and ensure that Gazprom can never get them back.
It could be he never got the money he was pledged by the mayor of Moscow, is pissed and did it for revenge.
It could be he was pissed the Russians dismantled all of his bioweapons labs in Ukraine.
Or maybe he is just straight evil
Seems that the pipes are covered with several inches of concrete so "magnetic sensors" may not be very effective:

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe- ... raine-war/

Nice try though; honourable mention ... ;)

But a more plausible case is that "Russia Did It!":

https://www.polemology.net/p/sabotaging ... pelines-is

The author of that - Matt Osborne, "Conflict historian, US Army SIGINT and signal veteran" - has some interesting takes and observations on the war.

En passant, maybe you and Service Dog can take pity on those having to scroll through mountains of text on cellphones by judicious truncation of quotes and use of spoiler tags? ;)

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
Seems that the pipes are covered with several inches of concrete so "magnetic sensors" may not be very effective:
You thought that was the weak point in my Hunter did it argument?
What materials can magnets not pass through?
The short answer is no, there is no shield or substance that will effectively block magnetic fields as such. You can however redirect the magnetic field lines, which is what some people call magnetic shielding.
Touche! And if the pipes are stainless steel they are the type of stainless that is magnetic..
See? I've done thorough research on this theory. If you see Carlson or the Gateway Pundit publish this story just remember who came up with it first.

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
But a more plausible case is that "Russia Did It!":

https://www.polemology.net/p/sabotaging ... pelines-is

The author of that - Matt Osborne, "Conflict historian, US Army SIGINT and signal veteran" - has some interesting takes and observations on the war.
Of course Russia did it. Europe has pretty much filled enough storage for their winter needs already so Europe won't freeze in the dark this winter and change their mind about sanctioning Russian gas. No need for the US or anyone else to sabotage the line to keep the Germans onside so why would they risk Russian retaliation or all out war?

free thoughtpolice

Posting this for Classical Guitar fans here.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I think the next thread title should be "Quote Fail A-Go-Go"

:) Maybe tomorrow you can wait until your coffee has finished brewing before commenting? ;)
Fuck off, steerz

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Danzig would make suitable reparations.

One problem with that theory:
Poland still owns exactly one submarine, about its condition at least according to Wikipedia complaints on the part of the crew (it is a Soviet submarine built in 1986), and no combat swimmers.

The list of possible suspects is comparatively short. Kampfschwimmer own [sic], in [German] alphabetical order, Germany, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Italy, Norway, Austria, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa and the United States.

Denmark does not have submarines, but has the advantage that the incident sites are close to its own territory, albeit outside territorial waters. Finland also has no submarines. The rest of the states on the list meet both criteria.
It may be that the United States found it necessary to put additional pressure on Chancellor Olaf Scholz in his full pants quarantine."

Different (plausible?) theory:

https://thelawdogfiles.com/2022/09/nordstream.html

Pseudomonas

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Pseudomonas wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
<snip>

Different (plausible?) theory:

Pseudomonas
Awesome essay; looks pretty solid to me.

Expect more than a few Russians in "full pants" mode ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Fuck off, steerz
:D Consistency for the win! Gotta love that! ;)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Posting this for Classical Guitar fans here.
outube.com/watch?v=iXk_e1Lkr74
That was beautiful, the perfect start to my day.

Cheers for the link.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pseudomonas wrote: Different (plausible?) theory:

Pseudomonas

I don't know if this fallacy has a name-- but that link appeals to me-- because it simplifies Nordstream care & maintenance to 'water in the fuel line' and 'like a piston continue-ing to "diesel" even without a spark plug'. In other words-- shit I dealt with in my 2002 Sprinter van with a quarter-milliion miles on it. Thus making me feel like something-of-an-expert-myself in NG Pipelines... therefore that must be the correct explanation, because I can repeat it aloud with (dubious) smug certainty that I know what I'm talking about.

But really, tho...

https://media.patriots.win/post/FhVmtAbhjaAt.jpeg