Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Steersman »

In other news, it seems that the infamous PZ Myers recently had something in the way of a quite welcome Road-to-Damascus conversion to the biological definitions for the sexes, and is now apparently fully onboard with my argument, based on those definitions, that menopausees no longer qualify as females:

What? Because I didn't even see your question?

"female" is not applicable -- it refers to individuals that produce ova. By the technical definition, many cis women are not female.

It's a problematic term to identify someone by their mode of reproduction.
Not quite sure what he's getting at with the last sentence, but it seems to dovetail with my argument that too many are trying to make the sexes into "immutable identities" instead of accepting the terms as labels for transitory biological capabilities.

Tweet found over at Ophelia Benson's Slough of Despond, although the comments provide some illuminating and/or amusing cases of incoherent and self-serving "logic":

https://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/20 ... t-pattern/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RLTb-ILZ5k
Do not watch this while on LSD. It may expand your consciousness.
Service Dog wrote:
Ok-- so what's the surprise accusation?

This witness claims that Trump was informed that his supporters were being-delayed-- from entering to hear Trump speak-- by having to go-through the security "mags" [magnetic metal detectors.].

And so Trump said:

"They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f-in' mags away. Let my people in."

:crying-blue: #O.M.G. :crying-blue:

I am literally can't even right now

And then, according to this witness, the VERY NEXT WORDS Trump said... were a bald open admission of his dastardly secret-plan to insurrection the Capitol:

“They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f-in' mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here."

Gosh.

That's jussie-about the most shocking accusation I've ever amber heard.

To be clear: Lynn Cheney also gave a presentation about the types of weapons which had been confiscated at the metal detectors:

"Military Grade Backpacks" "Knives" "Helmets" "Brass Knuckles"

Furthermore, Cheney made a big show of asking the witness to repeat a claim... and playing a police radio transmission... conveying that Some Unknown Person had called 911 to report an "AK-47" and "Glock pistols" in the possession of a person wearing an American Flag mask and Cowboy Boots who was "in a tree".

Then the witness pantomimed the reaction of her boss, Mark Meadows, when told about the Military Grade Backpacks and the Phantom AK-47 Tree Man. According to the witness, Meadows didn't look up from his phone/ kept methodically making Tinder-Swiping motions on the screen/ and then acted confused, as-if he hadn't heard/ or didn't give a crap about/ what he had just been told.

Also-- the witness said that-- a month earlier, she saw ketchup dripping from a wall & was told that Trump had thrown his lunch in anger, after reading a newspaper article he didn't like. [Wait. Whut? Trump... can... READ?!!?!]

Have I correctly summarized this Emergency Surprise Session of the Bombshell Hearing, which Free_Thoughtpolice found so compelling?

By all means-- tell me if I left anything out.
For transparency and honesty, I wanna add to the list of confiscated weapons above, "bear spray" and "spears".

f_tp's Washington Post link was switched to 'private' soon-after the hearing ended, for some reason.

So here's a link to the show-stopper soundbite. You gotta scroll-past the Orange-black-and-blue graphic NBC News put-above the video clip. And you should skip the non-sequitur header above the video. (It's FAKE NEWS: the witness testimony in the clip is not from AFTER the "ongoing riot" "breached the Capitol". The exchange occurred before Trump's speech.

And, if you believe the Jan 6 Committee, Trump's speech was sparsely attended... I guess he wasn't very popular with his supporters.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1541853357236797443

New York magazine summarized another "explosive" part of today's testimony. Ms. Hutchinson recited a story she said somebody told her:

Trump tried to wrestle the steering wheel from Secret Service agents who refused to take him to the Capitol.

Previous witnesses had told the January 6 committee that Trump had been saying he wanted to march to the Capitol with his supporters in the weeks leading up to the rally.

Hutchinson revealed that after Trump instructed the crowd to head to the Capitol, Trump exited the rally stage and got into the presidential limo, known as “The Beast,” thinking he was being taken to join them.

Another top Trump aide told Hutchinson that when Trump was told it was not safe he “had a very strong and angry response to that.” Trump reportedly said words to the effect of, “I’m the F-ing president take me up the Capitol now.”

Then, Hutchinson said, Trump reached up to the front of the vehicle to try to grab the steering wheel.

Robert Engel, Trump’s security detail, grabbed the president’s arm and said, “Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel. We’re going back to the West Wing. We’re not going to the Capitol.”

With his free hand, Trump “lunged” at Engel. The person who relayed the scene to Hutchinson motioned toward his clavicles, suggesting Trump went for Engel’s throat."

Oh, the humanity! Joe Biden would never challenge the orders of his handlers, like that!!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

California Attorney General mass-doxxes states' gun-owners, posting entire database on the internet, like a hacker would:
https://oag.ca.gov/news/press-releases/ ... arency-and

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I went birdwatching this afternoon at my local eagles nest.
DSCN1878 (2).JPG
(922.22 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Can you see the youngster?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I walked over the East River today, looked down at the ugly raw dirt below-- where Mayor DeBlasio/ his last days in office/ ordered the entire East River Park to be leveled/ and not re-opened for 10 years... In a Billion Dollar insider-deal 'renovation' scam.

It fuckin' sucks for the people of Chinatown. And he did it back-when he was still imposing strict Covid Apartheid.

That park was the only decent-sized place nearby-- to walk or jog with fresh air off the river, grass & trees.

THIS:

Is now THIS:

These guys... nested & perched... high in the Bridge, above the park, and hunted below. And I haven't seen a single one this year.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I did introduce GF to Eagle Cams this year. We mostly watched the noisy, entitled, huge 'Spirit'-- from hatching to fledging-- in Big Bear.
And the NEFL sibling pair.

The most jaw-dropping moment this year-- mighta been the Plateville CO eagles... who fed-on a baby raccoon. And then the next night-- a raccoon scaled the tree & took a 6 week old eaglet in the nest. Was the raccoon looking for her cub? Or taking pro-active measures against losing more cubs? Can a raccoon be motivated by spite, wrath, or revenge? I know animals are capable of feeling "pique", but how-far does it go?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: PZ Myers ... is now apparently fully onboard with my argument... that menopausees no longer qualify as females
Congratulations!

A noteworthy development in the Saga of Steersman, to be sure. Perhaps as-poignant-as (& counterpoint-to) the day your beloved Wikipedia shunned you.

Round & round we go.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

John D, one of the people I have found on the internet has given me much comfort, having created a synthesis of the track of human civilization that makes far more sense to me than any others I have encountered. He is, of course, controversial, and in fact he has co-authored some works with another intellectual who was briefly cited in the manifesto of the recent Chicago shooter.

Anyway, I would feel remiss if I didn't at least try to introduce you to him after he made this particular video that I think relates to the situation between you and your daughter and the culture at Large.
(he generally leads with a skit and frequently discusses autism)

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

John, I forgot to say that if you are going to watch Mr Dutton while tripping, please adjust your speed setting to 0.5

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tonight's viewing: "Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in his own words"

My day began with images of Ol' Clarence in his 40' silver converted-greyhound RV... 20 years of vacations, on the road.

His life story is similar to Forest Gump!

https://odysee.com/@QuantumRhino:9/Crea ... s-(2020):2

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:49 pm
Steersman wrote: PZ Myers ... is now apparently fully onboard with my argument... that menopausees no longer qualify as females
Congratulations!

A noteworthy development in the Saga of Steersman, to be sure. Perhaps as-poignant-as (& counterpoint-to) the day your beloved Wikipedia shunned you.
The course of true love never did run smooth ...

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/the_cour ... run_smooth
Round & round we go.

youtu.be/66gmYLtJJuc
"discontented pendulums" in Emerson's view ...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: But I see that Boorman also directed Excalibur which I remember thinking was a "trippy examination" of that story.
I always found the Arthurian or Celtic myths to be more dreamlike (or if you like 'trippy') in tone than the more straight-laced Roman or Greek stories.

In other words - at least some credit might be due to the original writers than just the ones that worked on the movie. .

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A worthy channel.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fivethirtyeight's primary coverage:

Jaime Harrison, DNC Chair
@harrisonjaime
It isn’t up to you, this illegitimate court, or a bunch of state elected officials to decide what happens to a woman’s body… that choice belongs to a woman and no one else! Period!!!

Supreme Court ‘illegitimate’, ‘out of control’, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Senator Ed Markey say in Boston
https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/06/28 ... in-boston/

BREAKING: Congresswoman
@AOC
has arrived in front of the Supreme Court and is chanting that the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v Wade is “illegitimate” and calls for people to get “into the streets” |

None of these claims of illegitimacy were affixed with a Big Tech fact-check, nor a warning-label that the content was "Harmful and misleading", nor was the content censored by the platforms.

Since December 10, 2020, YouTube has banned any videos asserting, or offering proof, that ballot counting errors or voter fraud changed the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. A month later, thousands of Trump supporters converged at the Capitol to protest.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Impressive detail. Impressive channel.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://archive.ph/wwo9Z

AOC: "...the President himself was willing to choke his own Secret Service."

Colbert: "You know, the detail about that I like was that he goes to grab the wheel and-- this is how long it's been since he's driven himself anywhere-- he thinks you can drive from the back seat."

AOC: "Yeah"

Colbert: "He forgot about the pedals!"

AOC: "Yes"

Colbert: "And all that."

AOC: "Yes yes yes"

Cassidy Hutchinson's exact testimony:

"The president said something to the effect of "I'm the f'ing president, take me up to the Capitol now", to which Bobby responded, "Sir, we have to go back to the West Wing." The president reached up towards the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm, said, "Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel. We're going back to the West Wing. We're not going to the Capitol." Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel. And Mr. — when Mr. Ornato had recounted this story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles."

:auto-layrubber: Donald Trump simultaneously seized control of the steering wheel with one hand, while choking a Secret Service Agent with his other hand. :auto-dirtbike:

YouTube puts a fact-checking box on this search, to confirm this 100% happened:

During a break in the hearing, CNN’s Jake Tapper called the testimony “devastating” and “a portrait of a president who was completely and utterly out of control and without question knew of the danger of his supporters.”

“This was obscene,” Tapper added.

CNN’s Jaime Gangel called the revelations “worse than we ever imagined.”

“He tried to strangle his secret service agent!” Jeffrey Toobin said moments later. “If someone had told you that 15 minutes before this hearing started, you would have said, you watch too many movies. I mean, the scene is so much worse and so much crazier than any of us thought, and the number of criminal offenses that Donald Trump may have committed over the course of January 6th just got a lot longer, including assault on a secret service agent.”

Chris Wallace was equally shocked by the alleged attack on Engel, saying the image of Trump lunging at his own Secret Service agent will be the biggest takeaway from the bombshell hearing, "What people are going to take away from this is that image inside The Beast which is what they call the presidential limousine, inside the beast when trump gets in, after the rally, and thinks he’s going to capitol hill to be with the marchers and his Secret Service — it’s not just any secret service person. It’s the head of the presidential detail, Bobby Engel, says, no, we’re going to the white house. The president of the united States, I assume he’s sitting in the backseat, reaches forward, tries to grab the steering wheel, and when the secret service head takes his hand away, he reaches with his other hand for the guy’s throat."

“That’s an image you’re never going to forget,” the former Fox News host said.

Cordero concluded by describing Trump’s behavior as “the acts of a tyrant.”

CNN Analysts Horrified By ‘Tyrant’ Trump: ‘He Tried to Strangle His Secret Service Agent!’
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-anchors ... ce-detail/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: A worthy channel.

Rather a high percentage of fascist content.

People seem to prefer the classic to the modern.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Do not watch this while on LSD. It may expand your consciousness.
I bet Trump believes that she is giving this testimony because she was disappointed he didn't want to pork here. Woman scorned, and all that. BTW, I'd do her. But not those BET moose.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Real conservatives are like The Lincoln Project types that you call slime.
Why do you hate real conservatives?

free thoughtpolice wrote: Real conservatives don't like Trump and are called Never Trumpers if they speak their mind about Trump
Lsuoma wrote: I bet Trump believes that she is giving this testimony because she was disappointed he didn't want to pork her... BTW, I'd do her.

John D

Post by John D »

SPOTTING A LIAR:

This is a tricky skill to learn. It involves several tests.

1) A liar will tell a story with as little detail as possible. This avoids the chance of making a mistake. Why do I think Anti Hill is a liar?... It is partly because she provides no context to her story. She simple states sheepishly that Thomas said something about "Long Dong Silver". Well, if I heard anyone at work use the words "Long Dong Silver" I would remember the whole conversation. I would be able to recall all the circumstances. All the nuance and the location and the emotions of everyone in the room. Liars simplify the story. Hill did nothing to elaborate her story. Even if Thomas did say something about "Long Dong Silver" I am sure it would have been less offensive if Hill gave context. It is clear that she was not willing to say he compared himself to "Long Dong Silver". If this were the case she would have said so right away... this would have been the most important part of the story. But, she does not do this. She simply puts the words out there and allows other to fill in the worst possible situation. It is a lie of omission really... which is still a lie. A lie is when you intentionally deceive, it is not simply that act of saying false words.

2) Liars will also tell a story differently every time they tell it. They continue to search for a way to tell their lie that will make it more and more convincing. Anita Hill told different stories over days. She changed details and she added details. Her goal was to be believed... and her goal was not about telling the truth. If you want to test if someone is a liar you can simply talk about an event they described... and make claims about the story. You can even tell them something they did not say and test how they clarify. Normally they will make a mistake on the second and third telling. They will strangely add new and critical details or they will change prior assertions.

3) Liars will not answer questions. They will divert in order to maintain their story and avoid making mistakes. Their answer to questions will be simple and will lack the richness you would expect for someone telling a true story.

I don't really mind that most people are liars. What I do mind is that I am sometimes deceived. Shame on me really. Getting through life with others is a negotiation. I have all the power to control my actions.

Further... lying is different than trustworthiness. My wife almost never lies to me. But she is very very unreliable. So, I find that she is not trustworthy. She will tell me that she will take care of a task and then not do it... and finally get mad at me and tell me I need to do it. This is not a lie in a traditional sense. She is self-deceiving. She is making a promise that she cannot and will not keep. It is a kind of lie I suppose. I keep myself from being angry with her by assuming most of what she says will not happen. Of course, this does not promote my affection for her...but... well... I already told her she can leave any time she wants.

free thoughtpolice

Eagle is missing a talon from its left foot. The long central toe is a stump.
DSCN1803 (2).JPG
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 208 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Eagle is missing a talon from its left foot. The long central toe is a stump.

https://media.patriots.win/post/ovgK6mMNu1Aa.png

https://media.patriots.win/post/yq8pmWFGHHpu.jpeg

Serious, somber, professional, impartial Witness Hugs.

The Supreme Court have "de-legitimized themselves".

https://media.patriots.win/post/woJIPiJUrSNM.jpeg

[T-t-t-triggered Warning for Lsuoma]
► Show Spoiler

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 pm
Steersman wrote: But I see that Boorman also directed Excalibur which I remember thinking was a "trippy examination" of that story.
I always found the Arthurian or Celtic myths to be more dreamlike (or if you like 'trippy') in tone than the more straight-laced Roman or Greek stories.

In other words - at least some credit might be due to the original writers than just the ones that worked on the movie.
I'd probably agree with "more dreamlike" but "more straight-laced" seems a stretch. Particularly given the quite human peccadillos exhibited by many Greek gods and goddesses. "Against boredom the gods themselves struggle in vain."

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Did you guys know they'd run the Greta angle 20 years earlier:
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/twen ... -1.4022656

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

AMBER HEARD's LESBO GIRLFRIEND Eve Barlow, a doxxer & nut, who was banned from the Depp courtroom for providing False Evidence to the Judge...

and for sitting in the courtroom front-row live-tweeting messages passed-on-notes from Team Amber (against court rules)...

:dance: has weighed-in on JANUARY 6 STAR WITNESS Cassidy Hutchinson. :dance:

Singing a tune familiar to Slymepitters,

Eve says "MAGA freaks" don't #believe AMBER or CASSIDY-- because they... "hate women".

https://media.patriots.win/post/eO8N2enNuTUA.png

This video tells the tale of Eve Barlow getting-caught deceiving the Depp judge.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:36 am

Have I correctly summarized this Emergency Surprise Session of the Bombshell Hearing, which Free_Thoughtpolice found so compelling?

By all means-- tell me if I left anything out.
You oversold the testimony. What we heard was the witness meticulously and precisely recounting words "to the effect of" that she'd overheard. That was when she wasn't recalling words "to the effect of" relayed to her by third parties. Some of those third parties disagree, but I guess we won't be hearing from them. The whole thing is a meaningless farce that holds no moral weight. It's a public trial with the defence barred from the court. So Trump can be a bit of a scumbag, we already knew that. This is obviously not about finding the truth about Jan 6th, it's about publicly assassinating the character of a political opponent, hardly a legitimate use of the power of the state. Surprise session indeed, wonder if the timing has something to do with Biden's border death toll jump.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: wonder if the timing has something to do with
or the abortion ruling, or... Biden's record-low poll #'s... or economy #'s... primary elections?

It certainly has a "what the fuck was that shit?!???" feel to it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Largely overshadowed-by Supreme Court news, last Thursday...

Rep. Jim Jordan asked Birx-- under oath, before Congress-- if the government was lying or guessing when it told the public that people who received the vaccination couldn’t get COVID.

Dr. Birx testified that The Vax can not outperform natural immunity, since it is based-on natural immunity.

According to the link below, The ability to measure the effectiveness of the drugs is confounded by:
"One study in preprint finds that the spike protein, the part of the virus the tests detect, can remain in a recovered patient’s body for up to 12 months post-infection. How this could affect post-recovery testing in asymptomatic patients is unknown."
Jordan continued, “When the government told us that the vaccinated couldn’t transmit it, was that a lie or is it a guess? Or is it the same answer?” Remember when the anchors on CNN and members of the administration told you to “trust the science”? Do you recall all the accomplished clinicians and researchers who have been silenced and unpersoned over their COVID-19 comments? If so, Birx’s response may infuriate you. “I think it was hoped that the vaccine would work in that way,” she said.
"Birx was candid, saying that the United States should withhold funding from the WHO until needed reforms occur."

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://pj ... s-n1608251

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Canada extends Covid border restrictions until at least October, continuing to ban unvaccinated foreigners seeking abortions

https://westphaliantimes.com/canada-ext ... oreigners/

"Delete your Period Tracker App-- Right Now! Big Tech and Big Government might dox your abortion! Or Red Flag your vagina!"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/delete-p ... ccbe6b1a06

Tucker Carlson accused of 'Stochastic Terrorism'. With a decent dive into the history of the term

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/0 ... hew-vadum/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Eagle is missing a talon from its left foot. The long central toe is a stump.
DSCN1803 (2).JPG
Does it belong to Heather Mills?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I think Amber Heard threw a vodka bottle at it.

free thoughtpolice

DSCN1908 (2).JPG
(195.72 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
This the male. Not only does it have a missing toe, the tip of its lower beak is broken.
His mate is larger healthier and has no noticeable injuries.

franc

Post by franc »

A pointless effort to explain recent craziness.

A parable for the pudgy and comfortable.

Old man died. Ma is is a hopeless bipolar basket case compounded by being a narcissist idiot immune to any kind of reason. Things as simple as ordering a pizza become a psychodrama of pointless complication, confusion, needless stupidity and thoughts of wanting a handgun to blow my fucking brain out. This is the paradise that awaits suicide bombers. I live and breathe it 24x7.

She has endless medical complications. Scoliosis, chronic pain and eternal bladder infections which are not trivial - latter can cause complete paralysis and psychedelia where she sits and talks to her dead husband for hours on end. Landed her in hospital twice. Normal week is driving 300km to see various doctors.

I look after this fuckhead. It's been years now. An around the clock madhouse. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger as the cliche goes. Why do I do it and not commit her to a home? Basic ethics. She made me promise I wouldn't when I was a kid. I said I would honour that promise. And here I am. Imagine a world where all people would honour promises. Would look nothing like this.

Enter in-laws that think we are rich. We have a house we bought 50 years ago, in the middle of nowhere, down a goat track near a river, nothing but farms and forest, no electricity or water. It has since been "developed" and is now millionaires row for shitheads from the big cities.

Brother and wife have been holidaying here since forever. They see our "opulence". We eat well and enjoy. We live our life humbly, yet it is somehow splendid. Envy breeds malice. Not from my brother, but from his fat pig Jerry Springer grade trailer trash wife.

Everybody argues. Think of someone that doesn't. Had an awful week last November - had to go empty a flat we had near Sydney. Exhaustion. Cubic metres of garbage my Ma insisted we "needed". $1000 for a truck to bring it here and clutter our house to the point you can't move. Get shitfaced drunk because I need a coma. Mom starts a shit fit becasue I threw a broken microwave oven out. I call her a stupid cunt because I've had a gutful. Sister in-law calls... Ma tells her I'm an asshole...

Cunt then calls police and tells them I'm beating my mother to death.

Now some perspective - this was not concern for my mother's welfare. This was an opportunity. Get me arrested and removed from home. I'm not there, Ma has no carer. If she has no carer, they can throw her in an institution. Then somebody needs to control the assets...

This was an attempted robbery.

Does anyone care? Haw haw. Above is irrelevant. I am a domestic violence statistic. I am a person police use to bloat their "we're doing our best" statistics whilst doing fuck all to actually help anyone.

I was thrown out of my home incommunicado. Just clothes I had on and no wallet. Stranded. Police lock up. Photos, fingerprints, cavity search. All on the basis of an evidence free phone call. Stuck in a cheap motel.

China, yeah it happens. Western liberal democracy? ::cough::

This is your world. Thanks feminism. Mull on this - I didn't think it would happen to me either.

The story only gets better...

I had to front a court unwashed and stenchy. I had two options to contest the accusations - violence, threats, stalking (how you stalk someone in your own home is classic), abuse etc. - and remain stuck away from your home for months until case is heard. Or plead guilty on all charges and be allowed to return home... What a choice. Guilty your honour.

It still gets better...

Fat pig sister-in-law is now trying to groom my nephew that I "molested" him. I want to thank him for resisting her mind control. I also have cops on my doorstep randomly, lights on so the neighbors will know.

A week ago I went up the pub to play some poker, a 3 hour window of time I can escape reality each week. Saw a cop car pull up. Ignore it, walk in and buy a beer, assuming this is not a police state. Cop walks in and bee lines to me. "What's that?". A beer. "You know that violates your court order?". No, it's a beer. Cop pulls up my entire record on his phone without searching. How does this shit happen?

Because you let it. I am living in hell. Because of a phone call.

John D

Post by John D »

Damn Franc.

No favors go unpunished.

Lots of people are content with testing our honor and duty. I sometimes feel abused. You have been abused.

Good luck navigating you current situation. I have many relatives that are a high risk to me and my security. So far I have kept the biggest risk people at a distance. They think I am a rich greedy bastard... and I am happy with that.

Taking care of my dying mother-in-law triggered my wife's fibromyalgia and depression in my opinion. I should have insisted that she go into a nursing home. She really fucked up our life. She was a psychotic evil cunt... and I spent three years taking care of her (and my wife took care of her more that I did). An abusive hag... but we took care of her because it was our "duty".

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

franc wrote: This is your world. Thanks feminism. Mull on this - I didn't think it would happen to me either.
2nd wave feminists I talk to are clueless about everything going wrong. They are mainly fixated on trans craziness, but obviously that's the tip of an iceberg and they somewhat acknowledge it. Their only answer is to blame men and the patriarchy. They hope that by deconstructing all gender roles, and getting men under control, all of the craziness will stop.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'm back at my ranch, four days after evacuating from the fire that ran parallel to me 1/4 mile away. Still here only by virtue of lucky winds.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: SPOTTING A LIAR:

This is a tricky skill to learn. It involves several tests.

1) A liar will tell a story with as little detail as possible.

2) Liars will also tell a story differently every time they tell it.
Im Gegenteil, Genosse.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

franc wrote: A parable for the pudgy and comfortable.
Well... you told it well & persuasively, if that's any consolation. So-- thank you for that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fucking hell, franc: sounds like you caught Mykeru's bad luck, level >9,000..

Sorry, mate.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote: A pointless effort to explain recent craziness.

A parable for the pudgy and comfortable.

Old man died. Ma is is a hopeless bipolar basket case compounded by being a narcissist idiot immune to any kind of reason.

<snip>

This is your world. Thanks feminism. Mull on this - I didn't think it would happen to me either.

<snip>

Cop pulls up my entire record on his phone without searching. How does this shit happen?

Because you let it. I am living in hell. Because of a phone call.
Sorry to hear you tale of woe franc - singer of sad songs and all that. Songs which are rather too ubiquitous for many less than edifying reasons - many of which come in under E.O. Wilson's "paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions, and god-like technology".

Something of a case-in-point is a recent story, posted here if I'm not mistaken, about an amusing tweet that claimed that many women were bipolar, but the trick was figuring whether that was bipolar or bisexual. Consternation and calls for cancellation from the torches and pitchforks crowd - including the Washington Post if I'm not mistaken.

As for "immune to reason", another sadly but remarkably prevalent state of affairs. You may know of Sagan's quip, in his Demon-Haunted World, to the effect that some 90-odd percent of us are scientifically illiterate. Something of another case in that point, a Substack post on "Thoroughly Dishonest Debate":
In the last six or seven years, getting oneself into an entrenched position during a debate has escalated to put it mildly. Whatever your poison, Brexit or Remain, Trump v Clinton, Trump v Biden, to lockdown or not lockdown, vaccine v not vaccine, it’s proved hard for many to find common ground within the debates themselves. Many refuse to see any deficiency on ‘their side’ of the argument or reason in the other. ….

And yet, it’s taken one of the most egregious and clear as day issues [transgenderism] and the reprehensible behaviour of its most vehement protagonists to take us to a whole new level of derangement, dishonesty, and hubris.
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/a- ... est-debate

A portion of my last comment in that thread:
Cataleptic: "the most tedious and uninspiring debate"

Only because you have to be the most thoroughly intellectually dishonest and pigheaded interlocutor I've run across - in decades, although the religious come a close second; because you simply refuse to give much if any thought or consideration to the facts, figures, logical and philosophical principles, journals, biologists and philosophers I've quoted in exhaustive detail.

Though, sadly, you're only typical of the many on both sides of this "thoroughly dishonest debate".
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/a- ... nt/7447695

As for "how this shit happens" - and on both sides of the political fence - another case or two in point relative to transgenderism:
It's a Terrifying Time to Have a Gender-Questioning Kid
Democrats and Republicans are both scary
https://lisaselindavis.substack.com/p/i ... e-a-gender
Less than a month later, after they’d informed the school and the doctor that they wouldn’t be allowing their daughter to socially or medically transition, a social worker from the Department of Family and Protective Services showed up at their door to tell them they were being investigated for abuse and neglect.
https://lisaselindavis.substack.com/p/t ... ace-gender

We really wouldn't have much of a civilization if we didn't endorse the rule of law as something of a first principle. But much of that has now been corrupted by both the tyranny of activist magistrates as well as by "the tyranny of the prevailing opinion and feeling" - emphasis on unscientific and unevidenced opinion and feeling. As Andrew Doyle put it:
The JK Rowling controversy has exposed one of the most chilling aspects of the woke ideology: the sheer certainty of its adherents.

It never occurs to these people that they might be wrong. That’s why they refuse to debate.

This is zealotry; it needs to be resisted.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:
franc wrote: This is your world. Thanks feminism. Mull on this - I didn't think it would happen to me either.
2nd wave feminists I talk to are clueless about everything going wrong. They are mainly fixated on trans craziness, but obviously that's the tip of an iceberg and they somewhat acknowledge it. Their only answer is to blame men and the patriarchy. They hope that by deconstructing all gender roles, and getting men under control, all of the craziness will stop.
Yeah - feminism in general has to bear a substantial degree of responsibility for the whole transgender clusterfuck. You may wish to take a gander at "feminist" Kathleen Stock's take on that point:
What I do find interesting, though, is how things went so badly wrong: the causes, not the reasons. I’ve had a lot of time to think about this. One big question for this newsletter will be: how did mainstream feminism come to embrace what I’m calling the stupid story [transgenderism, self-identity?], so that many feminists ended up cancelling themselves out of politically effective existence? Effectively, the stupid story functions, for mainstream feminism, as a reductio ad absurdum: it reduces most of contemporary feminism to risible absurdity, necessitating urgent reflection on the tenability of prior commitments to explain how the absurdity ever got such a firm grip.
https://kathleenstock.substack.com/p/fe ... eboot-camp"

My underlining. But while Stock is to be commended for at least considering feminism's role in that clusterfuck, she too has her own "prior commitments" which I think precludes much in the way of any honest assessment of those causes and reasons. A great deal of "ideological bias" in the whole topic of sex and gender, including in Stock's arguments. As Marco Del Giudice of the University of New Mexico put it:
On a deeper level, the “patchwork” definition of sex used in the social sciences is purely descriptive and lacks a functional rationale. This contrasts sharply with how the sexes are defined in biology. From a biological standpoint, what distinguishes the males and females of a species is the size of their gametes: males produce small gametes (e.g., sperm), females produce large gametes (e.g., eggs; Kodric-Brown & Brown, 1987).
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... and_Gender

A profoundly fundamental and quite antithetical dichotomy between the definitions for the sexes "used in the social sciences" and in the biological ones. An antithesis that most people refuse to even consider, much less address, largely because of various "prior commitments" of a rather emotional and quite unscientific nature.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In the immediate wake of Roe v Wade being struck-down...

& Donald Trump's attempted-murder of a Secret Service agent...

Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight posted a 40 minute podcast, in which Silver speculated about the "impact" that these two stunning events would have... boosting the Dems in the Midterms... and reversing Biden's unpopularity.

And now... poll results are IN... from the post-Roe, post-January6Hearing time period.

Every Day since the Roe decision-- Biden has polled worse than before the decision.
Every Day since free_thoughtpolice told us all to watch Cassidy Hutchinson testify-- Biden has polled worse than before.

fivethirtyeight's response? They REMOVED Biden's popularity rating from its home-- the upper-right 'Interactives' section of their frontpage. You gotta scroll-down now-- to see: Biden's DISapproval rating stands at 55.9%

In the podcast, Nate Silver discussed his model for predicting the Midterm Elections.

At the time (2 days ago)-- Silver was pleasantly-surprised to see that the GOP held only a 52-in-100 chance of winning the Senate.

Today... as fresh new poll-results pour in... the GOP's Senate odds have increased to 54-in-100.

--

Is that podcast episode worth listening-to? Nope.
I'm... not recommending it for its merits. Nor for the spectacle of its faults.
I found it mildly-informative to hear exactly-how Silver & his colleague Galen Druke consistently used wording which re-assures the NPR-listener point-of-view/ and marginalizes the Let's Go Brandon point of view. Their blindspots are obvious. But... not very interesting.

More interesting is this clip of focus-group-twat Frank Luntz... who CLAIMS TO BE Republican... teaching Democrats how to win-over the hearts & minds of Republican Voters:

--

As a book-end to the Luntz clip... I recommend Dave Smith's reaction-video... to comedienne Wanda Skyes complaining about Roe/Dobbs on Colbert's show. Smith dissects how oblivious the Progressive-Normies are.

First, Wanda:
https://youtu.be/_epeiYquxeA

Then, Dave.
https://youtu.be/xkDO-_txA4M?t=2179

Unfortunately... Dave's reacting in real-time. Although his points are great... it takes him 3x the time of Wanda's clip... to react.

So-- in summary:

Wanda begins with "I'm a gay black woman!" Then she says the Supreme Court ignored "Democracy" and "Majority rule".
Dave notes the discrepancy between touting her Minority status... and then saying The Majority should be In Charge.

Wanda says the leftwing coastal states-- have bigger economies & pay more taxes-- than the rural middle states.
Dave notes the irony of a Progressive Liberal Socialist advocating that the Rich Should Rule and the Poor Should Shut The Fuck Up.

When discussing 'gerrymandering' & 'redistricting'... fivethirtyeight sees the value in numerical minorities having their own little pockets where they are the majority... and can rule locally. but Progressives forget this concept, when the topic is Roe.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fucking inflation. The gangstas in the shitty Honda Accord downstairs... with a fucking home stereo speaker set-up & blasting on the sidewalk...

cost me $6.99÷12

for that vegan-grain pasture-raised egg out the window.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I get eggs for free. Anyone who has chickens always ends up with way more eggs than they know what to do with.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

At 83 cents an egg-- I can eliminate the middle-hen... toss 2 quarters, 3 nickels, & 8 pennies out the window... and still save a dime.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Your psychopathic governor just rammed through legislation in defiance of Bruen:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/07/n ... gislation/

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I've seen this truck at many an air show. Unfortunately, something went wrong today at an air show in Battle Creek. Bummer.
IMG_6699-Shockwave small.jpg
(247.75 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

who can resist a set of great tits?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Screenshot_20220702-185230-388.png
(544.27 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice

fuzzy wrote: who can resist a set of great tits?
Not those mosquitoes for sure.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

How the Barbecue Sauce is Made

Last week I saw a poll from CIVIQS, with low ratings for Biden. Even-lower than fivethirtyeight's numbers.

I was not familiar with CIVIQS, so I searched fivethirtyeight, to see if fivethirtyeight considers CIVIQS reputable.
In 2020, fivethirtyeight did report results from CIVIQS, giving CIVIQS a "B-minus" letter grade.

So then, I checked fivethirtyeight's Joe Biden Popularity page--
to see whether fivethirtyeight incorporates-in-their-model... "B-minus" polls.
Indeed they do:
Ipsos B-,
AP-NORC [no grade],
McLaughlin & Assoc. C/D,
NewsNation [no grade],
American Research Group C+,
Echelon Insights B/C,
Redfield & Wilton Strategies B/C,
Navigator Research B/C,
Léger B/C,
SurveyMonkey C.
(those were all used by fivethirtyeight... since June 1, 2022).

And so-- I waited & watched-- to see if fivethirtyeight would incorporate CIVIQS' very-low Joe Biden numbers... into fivethirtyeight's model.
Either the low CIVIQS number would bring-down Biden's overall 'average' in five38's model...
or maybe five38's other sources would report equally-low numbers.

or maybe five38 would omit CIVIQS' result... which would call into question fivethirtyeight's methodology.
The CIVIQS poll never appeared in five38's model.

~and so...~

Today I saw another CIVIQs poll. Again, CIVIQS' numbers for Joe Biden's popularity... are even-lower than fivethirtyeight's.

CIVIQS:

fivethirtyeight:

8% of People who told CIVIQs they neither Approve nor Disapprove of Biden...

are counted as "Approve" by fivethirtyeight.
fishy?

And so I looked-into fivethirtyeight's methodology. fivethirtyeight sez:
However, there are some types of polls we don’t include, such as:
Polls like Civiqs ... produced using MRP (short for “multilevel regression with poststratification”), a modeling technique that produces estimates based on survey interviews that are then used to calculate probabilities; these probabilities are then projected onto the composition of the population in question. While this is a valid technique for understanding public opinion data, we exclude them because we consider them more like models than individual polls. (As an analogy, we think of this as using someone else’s barbecue sauce as an ingredient in your own barbecue sauce.)
I understand why Averaging a list of Averages can produce unreliable single-result. A model based on other models could suffer the same flaw. But that's not-quite what fivethirtyeight is saying, here. The 'modeling' element in CIVIQS's poll isn't 'a model' (a poll of polls) in the same sense as fivethirtyeight. CIVIQs is merely using a statistical model to adjust their OWN raw survey-group replies-- to better-match the actual composition of the population as-a-whole. To use fivethirtyeight's own metaphor... CIVIQs already put "barbecue sauce" on the numbers. And so fivethirtyeight refuses to serve those numbers to the public-- because fivethirtyeight would insist-on adding their own "barbecue sauce" too.

The irony of this-- and the flaw in fivethirtyeight's analogy-- is that fivethirtyeight's signature claim--
is that fivethirtyeight's Mix Of All The Other Barbecue Sauces is Better Than any individual sauce.

I'm not saying fivethirtyeight shouldn't exclude CIVIQS. They should. They're doing the right thing by considering CIVIQS a rival-equal in the marketplace. But... by the SAME exclusionary logic... fivethirtyeight would have-to exclude-from-their-model any pollster which puts any statistical "sauce" on their poll. And... I'm pretty sure... that's ALL OF THEM. They all finesse their surveys... at some level... such as deciding who-to-poll... in an attempt to make their sample-groups 'reflect' the larger population. fivethirtyeight doesn't deny this. They write:

I don't think this shatters fivethirtyeight's credibility. I do think it shows cracks. And they're trying to 'patch' the problem, rather than admit their model runs on bad data.

~and then...~

Lastly my perusal of fivethirtyeight's fine-print... uncovered this:

What's that about?

Who? Whut? How must a pollster transgress fivethirtyeight's "pillars of philosophy", to be excluded??

fivethirtyeight doesn't BAN blatantly partisan polls. They merely put a "flag" symbol next to them:

So... who on earth... was soooo bad that they fell-outside these lenient rules?

Fuck you fivethirtyeight. You're so cunty & cutesy... that you Don't Even Name the ONE organization you banned. You "Voldemort"... They Who Shall Not Be Named... behind a link... to the fucking biased FAKE NEWS Washington Post.

But-- here's the thing-- back when Fox News was banned for being 'partisan'-- Fox said Trump was neck-in-neck with Biden.
While fivethirtyeight and ABC News and all the other polls said...

Put aside your whether you agree with the ideology of Fox News. Fox's polls were more ACCURATE.

fivethirtyeight has abandoned their mission & become the thing they once despised.

John D

Post by John D »

Watching "My Little Pony" videos with my 5 year old niece. We took her swimming yesterday and took her to a museum the day before. Little kids crack me up and we are having a great time. Coloring... and writing stories... and splashing each other in the pool. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

It is almost unbelievable. Does anyone think gas station owners can cut prices? WTF. This guy is literally a retard.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

We perform matched case-control studies and find increased risks of myocarditis and pericarditis during the first week following vaccination, and particularly after the second dose.... The largest associations are observed for myocarditis following mRNA-1273 vaccination in persons aged 18 to 24 years. Estimates of excess cases attributable to vaccination also reveal a substantial burden of both myocarditis and pericarditis across other age groups and in both males and females.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-31401-5.pdf

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:47 am
Q: Does anyone think gas station owners can cut prices?
A: Flint Michigan's blue-checkmark-approved TV news anchor Dave Bondy.

https://media.patriots.win/post/mZs9yFHzusVN.jpeg

John D

Post by John D »

Five38 is useless now. Nate Silver and Five38 had a shining moment in the Obama second term run. Nate fucking nailed that election. But, just like any modeling, the system is past its prime. Five38 has no purpose now... they suck... I don't watch now.

My dad made a shit ton of money using technical investing. He followed moving averages of stock prices and he moved his money around based on market moving averages. This was very effective in the 2000s (or somewhere in that time frame). But, now the market is smart to those averages and the price of stocks already discounts this technique. Following moving averages is now a useless practice. The markets got smart to them. Perhaps one day this technique will again become affective... but for now they are dead.

Five38 had the same trouble. Once all the polling companies found out what Silver was doing they changed up everything. I actually think that the polling companies have mostly become tools of the political parties. They get funding to make a poll come out a certain way. They do not get paid to make an honest poll. Silver also does not get paid to be honest at this point. He can no longer accurately predict an election based on polling because the polls are almost completely biased. He can no longer accurately predict the error in polls because they are so wildly biased. The only way he can make money is if he sells out... and that is what he did. His prediction techniques no longer work. The only way he can make money is if he becomes a political hack... just like everyone else.