Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by John D »

and every time I go birding I never see a queer dressed in a bird costume. It is pretty much old men and women my age with binoculars around our necks. Some with great big cameras. An occasional young couple who are into nature (and I tell them where to find the owl nest). No queers in the woods... just no. and... I don't care who they fuck... just don't wear a bunch of queer makeup when you are in the wild. NO FUCKING QUEER MAKEUP! EVAR!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Birders just like to do the count, discuss conditions in their areas, and report the bird count. IT IS NOT A STATISTICAL SUMMARY OF ACTUAL BIRD POPULATIONS!

https://gramhir.com/media/2860881254091172208

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jungle Bunny Boils.
Chigaboo Chancre.
Spear Chucker Scabies.

(We're all going to Hell.)

John D

Post by John D »

I am hiking with friends in the Porcupine Mountains in the upper peninsula of Michigan. One of the best places on earth. I am sitting with a young couple at an overlook and a mature bald eagle flies just a few feet above us. I spotted him coming in and told everyone to watch. It is a gift when a great creature lets you into its world in a small way... and you can marvel at how it flies so effortlessly... and soars off like a rocket. So great. So beautiful.

and the stupid little punk with us at the overlook says... "Oh I can see that on my phone...."

WTF!

This fucking stupid ass kid just makes a comment about his phone. What is wrong with people? You may not witness a Bald Eagle like that for the rest of your whole fucking worthless life. Living life through a little 2x4 inch 2 dimensional box. Fuck... what a bunch of flat stupid kids.... looking at the world through a tiny box. Not even able to eat the moment when a great beast soars over you... within a few feet.... you can hear the wind across its feathers. You can see it position individual feathers to tap the wind. You can feel the breeze it uses to gain lift. WTF?

It is like the Disney movie Wall.E. Just a bunch of stupid fat screen watchers. God I hate people sometimes.

At least he didn't have any faggot makeup on.... and maybe he ended the trip with a bunch of Deer Ticks. Little Cunt.

John D

Post by John D »

Honestly and really... I don't think most of the tree huggers spend any time in the wild. They just have some fantasy version of the wild in their heads. They have no idea how it all works and what a marvel it is.... or how harsh it is. Did any of them sleep in standing water in a tent at the Olympic Mountains? Did they cross hike Isle Royale? Did they have to hoist their food to keep out the bears (that wander through your camp)? They are just clowns... and fakes... and they have no idea how the natural world works. Oh well... I just wish they would leave me alone... and not wear queer makeup while birding... no... just don't do it!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: clowns... and fakes... and they have no idea how the natural world works.
Here's an article about farms in the Hudson River Valley being purchased by Brooklyn yuppies.

They like the -idea- of farming, so they lease out the land to farmers... but they have unrealistic expectations.

Like telling the farmers they want "silence on the weekends" when the owner visits.

Or only offering a 1-year "trial period" lease... revocable on a whim...

which fucks-over any farmer trying to plan an ongoing sheep-raising business.

https://archive.ph/oemOO

And here's Biden's Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm-- saying the Petroleum Companies & Refineries should do their "patriotic duty" and "increase the supply" of Oil & Gas... to Lower Inflation... right-now when Biden's poll numbers are low...

but, also, she says the Biden Admin is still committed to putting the Oil & Gas industry 100% out of business in 5 years.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XoEg70jgEv0

John D

Post by John D »

Granholm was a shit governor in my sweet state of Michigan…. She did nothing to improve the business climate and sat by as we lost jobs and wealth and population. A giant failure.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lumpy Negro Syndrome
Obama Pimples
Diversity Warts
Pickle Overdose
Dem-gay Fever
Hand Foot Mouth and Taint Disease
Hepatitis "N"
SHIV: Subhuman Immunodeficiency Virus
West Nile Kangz Virus
Ebonic Leprosy

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Someone posted a Twat recently of animals making similar noises to 'tard protesters. I think the name was Jennifer Granholm or similar. Well, tried to show it to a bud - account has been suspended.

Cunts. All social meeja companies are cunts. Small-minded, censorious, authoritarian cunts. Every one of 'em.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Maybe not Granholm - looks like I gestalted that from the previous post...

Also, John, your rants about people playing at nature are spot on - but when you get to see an osprey dive on the poor bastard fish who is soon going to be lunch, there is TRUE magic there.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CDC issues guidelines on safe sex with Don't Call Them Monkeys Pox. Suggested is
"Masturbate together at a distance of at least 6 feet, without touching each other."
So everyone on John's camping trips can stop worrying.

Bum sex with spotty bums is right out, though.

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/ ... ex-508.pdf

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: when you get to see an osprey dive on the poor bastard fish who is soon going to be lunch, there is TRUE magic there.
Ages ago, when I was fishing with a former GF in Minnesota, I was getting no bites. "There's no fish this end of the lake," I announced, "let's go to another spot." No sooner do I say that, than a bald eagle swoops down & nabs a fish 3 yards from us. "Well, what do I know about fishing?" I said.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden signed an Executive Order on Wednesday, federalizing "gender expression" and "gender identity" of Children deemed-to-be LGBTQI+

also "supporting" "...educators, and other school personnel targeted by harmful State and local laws and practices, and shall promote the adoption of promising policies and practices to support the safety, well-being, and rights of LGBTQI+ students."

Biden's executive order envelops Education, Housing, Healthcare, Mental health, Eldercare, Welfare... a wide range of agencies... in sweeping new Affirmative Action benefits spending, with explicit Intersectional and Equity focus on trannies Of Color.

Even the STATE DEPARTMENT, foreign aid, and Development Banks are enlisted in this crusade, as Biden's order is WORLDWIDE:
(c) To address so-called conversion therapy around the world, within 180 days of the date of this order, the Secretary of State, in collaboration with the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of HHS, and the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development, shall develop an action plan to promote an end to its use around the world. In developing the action plan, the Secretary of State shall consider the use of United States foreign assistance programs and the United States voice and vote in multilateral development banks and international development institutions of which the United States is a shareholder or donor to take appropriate steps to prevent the use of so-called conversion therapy, as well as to help ensure that United States foreign assistance programs do not use foreign assistance funds for so-called conversion therapy. To further critical data collection, the Secretary of State shall instruct all United States Embassies and Missions worldwide to submit additional information on the practice and incidence of so-called conversion therapy as part of the Country Reports on Human Rights Practices.

Biden seeks to correct all measurable statistical "disparities" correlations regarding LGBTQI+ children and adults and their allies... in a comprehensive Federal Evidence Agenda on LGBTQI+ Equity.
(c) Within 200 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency that conducts relevant programs or statistical surveys related to the Federal Evidence Agenda on LGBTQI+ Equity shall submit to the Co-Chairs of the Interagency Working Group on Equitable Data a SOGI Data Action Plan, which shall detail how the agency plans to use SOGI data to advance equity for LGBTQI+ individuals and shall identify how the agency plans to implement the recommendations in the Federal Evidence Agenda on LGBTQI+ Equity.

("SOGI Data" stands-for: sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex characteristics)

Full text of the EO:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... dividuals/

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote: Maybe not Granholm - looks like I gestalted that from the previous post...

Also, John, your rants about people playing at nature are spot on - but when you get to see an osprey dive on the poor bastard fish who is soon going to be lunch, there is TRUE magic there.
Osprey are the bomb. Have you ever seen how they hold fish under themselves lengthwise like the torpedo under a dive bomber? The fish must weight as much as the bird. Fabulous.

There was an interesting insurance case in the upper peninsula of Michigan where a guy made an insurance claim. He told the insurance company his car was hit by a fish. It smashed his window and caused serious damage to the car. It was finally decided that the fish must have been dropped by an osprey that lost its grip. Haha. I have found whole uneaten salmon laying on the ground 100 yards from the water. I guess osprey drop their fish once-in-a-while.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha... Racism. My neighbor in moving out. They were living in their grandma's house for the last ten years. They took terrible care of their yard... but that sort of thing doesn't bother me much.

My neighbor in Hispanic... born in Mexico. She tells me the family that bought the house is Chinese, they have a son, and they moved here for the good schools. She complained that the condo they are moving to is full of East-Indians. She complained about this. "Those Indians are so pushy." Haha.

I went home and told my wife that a Chinese family was moving in next-door. My wife said... "Well they will not take care of the yard either!"

Haha.

Racism.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

True fact, many people are saying it: Margorie Taylor Greene tantricly raped Hunter Biden when he was too high on crack to consent:
https://www.factcheck.org/2022/06/scich ... -vaccines/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: I went home and told my wife that a Chinese family was moving in next-door. My wife said... "Well they will not take care of the yard either!"
In my experience, they'll pave it.

Hispanics are usually fastidious about household cleanliness. They use shitloads of bleach. But Asians top even Hispanics. The Swiss are in the running, though, despite their toxic whiteness.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: I went home and told my wife that a Chinese family was moving in next-door. My wife said... "Well they will not take care of the yard either!"
In my experience, they'll pave it.

Hispanics are usually fastidious about household cleanliness. They use shitloads of bleach. But Asians top even Hispanics. The Swiss are in the running, though, despite their toxic whiteness.
Well... that is the funny thing about racism. You can't know that much by just knowing someone's race. The house with the worst yard in the whole neighborhood is owned by a Chinese family. It is so bad that on first glance it looks like the house is not even occupied... overgrown bushes, random small trees, empty plant pots in the middle of the yard, a virtual industrial crop of dandelions.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: when you get to see an osprey dive on the poor bastard fish who is soon going to be lunch, there is TRUE magic there.
Ages ago, when I was fishing with a former GF in Minnesota, I was getting no bites. "There's no fish this end of the lake," I announced, "let's go to another spot." No sooner do I say that, than a bald eagle swoops down & nabs a fish 3 yards from us. "Well, what do I know about fishing?" I said.
Clearly, you were using the wrong type of lure - should have tried the tried-and-true C.I.L Wobbler, guaranteed to work:

https://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/foru ... opic=20150

HerbieGrenade_1A.JPG
(25.97 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: True fact, many people are saying it: Margorie Taylor Greene tantricly raped Hunter Biden when he was too high on crack to consent:
https://www.factcheck.org/2022/06/scich ... -vaccines/
https://media.patriots.win/post/OT5Vsc9d8WNN.jpeg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Nice to see Peterson weighing-in on the issue. Though he was, of course, one of the first with his rejection of "preferred pronouns" some 6 years ago:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37875695

But a link to his archived Telegraph article:

https://archive.ph/sMtEv

Although I'm not at all sure that he isn't more a part of problem than of the solution since he seems unclear on the differences between gender (objective correlates) and gender identity (entirely or almost entirely subjective):
Some of their [APA's] ‘guidelines’ are appalling enough to deserve dissection:
“Guideline 1. Psychologists understand that gender is a nonbinary construct that allows for a range of gender identities and that a person’s gender identity may not align with sex assigned at birth.”
I don’t understand this radical postmodern definition of gender, one that rests on a person’s “deeply felt” or “inherent sense” of being one sex over another, regardless of biology.

Psychologically it is indisputably the case that a non-trivial proportion of males have a feminine temperament (which essentially means that they experience higher levels of negative emotions such as anxiety and the analogs of pain – grief, frustration, disappointment, depression) and are more agreeable (compassionate/polite) than typical males, and equally true that a non-trivial proportion of females have a masculine temperament. But this does not change how, objectively, professionals should measure a person’s gender.

Psychologists once cared if measurement followed standard practices of validity and reliability. Try reading, for example, a document published by the APA itself in 2014, where you will learn that a psychologist worth their salt is obliged to utilise “constructs” (i.e. terms such as “gender”) in a technically appropriate manner. This means, at the very least, that fundamental attributes must be measurable and measured properly.
Entirely agree with his "fundamental attributes must be measurable and measured properly" - part and parcel of the "Big Five Personality Traits": there are MORE neurotic women than neurotic men, and there are MORE violent men than there are violent women - at least according to various normal distributions ... ;-)

And he's likewise quite correct to talk about "feminine temperament" and "masculine temperament", but those "temperaments" are what the more or less rational "genderologists" mean by gender. Which is largely what Justice Scalia was getting at with his illuminating analogy:
"Gender is to sex as feminine is to female, as masculine is to male".
Entirely different kettles of fish, if not of species - the distinction between which too many gender ideologues, grifters, charlatans, thugs and psychotics - sadly including some Wikipedians - seek to muddy by using "male" and "female" as both sexes and as genders:
Female (symbol: ♀) is the sex of an organism that produces the large non-motile ova (egg cells), the type of gamete (sex cell) that fuses with the male gamete during sexual reproduction. ....

In humans, the word female can also be used to refer to gender.
:roll: And "female" can also be used to refer to plumbing connectors with internal threads, and to electrical connectors with concave mating surfaces ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female

Stupid motherfuckers .... Although they at least usefully differentiate between gender and gender identity:
Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to femininity and masculinity and differentiating between them. ....

Gender identity is the personal sense of one's own gender.[1] Gender identity can correlate with a person's assigned sex or can differ from it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender

Decent article by Substacker, columnist, and author (Tomboy: Girls Who Dare to be Different) Lisa Selin Davis that likewises draws the same crucially important distinction, though one that too many are trying to sweep under the carpet, either out of ignorance or self-aggrandizement:
But the definition [for "gender"] in this book is the one most kids are learning today. They describe it as an internal sense of self, or “how I feel about myself, who I am, and how that fits into how people see me.” They write, “Even though the topic of gender is a big one, it all comes down to how you feel.” In other words, an entire generation is learning that gender is synonymous with gender identity.
https://lisaselindavis.substack.com/p/w ... -about?s=r

Why the whole transgender issue is such a clusterfuck with pretty much everyone riding madly off in all directions - largely due to contradictory definitions for various words and concepts:

Quotes_Voltaire_DefineTerms1A.jpg
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Maybe not Granholm - looks like I gestalted that from the previous post...

Osprey are the bomb. Have you ever seen how they hold fish under themselves lengthwise like the torpedo under a dive bomber? The fish must weight as much as the bird. Fabulous.
Yep, and I've seen them actually turn a fish round so it's head-into-the-wind.

The most impressive thing for me is to watch them take off with a big fuck-off fish after being completely submerged. Just amazing birds.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: those "temperaments" are what the more or less rational "genderologists" mean by gender
No. You are wrong.

You have latched-on to this notion that sex equates to female and male, and gender equates to feminine & masculine.

Which is a perfectly-fine method of categorizing things... which Fit Into those categories.

But you make the Same Mistake as the gender-activist-morons. They take their little categorical framework & try to bash the entire world against it...

and anything which doesn't fit their/your framework... you both declare to be erroneous. In actuality, the framework is inadequate for many purposes.

In this case... you actively misinterpret Jordan's Peterson's words... In Order To find his words lacking... according to your simplistic little categories.

Temperament does NOT mean the same thing as "gender".

For example, a Barbie doll's gender is "feminine" according to you & the gender-activists.

But a boy who plays with Barbie dolls... by pretending his GI Joes have captured & tied-up & interrogated the Barbies... is not displaying "feminine" temperament.

Nor is his subsequent exploding of the dolls with firecrackers, or baseball-batting them onto the neighbor's roof. And if they bo was wearing his mother's pink high heel "feminine" stilettos to stomp on Barbie... that doesn't make his temperament "feminine" either.

Only YOU blurred-together "gender" and "temperament", so that you could accuse Peterson of blurring-together those concepts, claiming he doesn't understand the difference.

You do this frequently: you accuse others of not-comprehending a concept, so that you can claim pedantic superiority. But your accusation is baseless.

If you had integrity-- when your presumptions were found to be false-- you'd back up back up back up aallllll the way back to before you erred.

You'd admit you know a whole lot less than you thought you did-- and your claims would be humbled accordingly.

But you lack that scientific rigor. You've already reached your conclusions beforehand & the evidence you allow yourself to observe-- is curated to conform.

You shrug it off-- and don't change your mind-- when your evidence falls apart, because you never really relied on it as evidence. It was just a stage prop.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

9 staffers from Stephen Colbert's show sought press passes to attend yesterday's January 6 hearing.

They were turned down, as the press office determined they were not journalists. Capitol Police told them to leave.

But Adam Schiff let them in to the Capitol. Ostensibly to interview some congressional Democrats.

After the interviews, instead of leaving, they occupied the Capitol for several hours.

And so: they were arrested, including 'Triumph the Insult Comedian Dog QAnon Shaman'.

Sure, it's gonna suck for them to be held without trial for the next 2 years. But at-least they weren't shot in the head by an above-the-law cop.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capitol-p ... egal-entry

Maybe you think there's some difference between edgy satirist Stephen Colbert and edgy satirist Gavin McInness-- leader of the Proud Boys.

Nope.

Holy Southern Poverty Law Center.

Here's Dana Carvey & with Stephen Colbert...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: those "temperaments" are what the more or less rational "genderologists" mean by gender
No. You are wrong.

<blathering snipped>
In your entirely unevidenced OPINION. Which ain't worth diddly-squat. And that's beside your - often amusing though periodically somewhat plausible - tendency - as Lsuoma put it - to being a " great tailor of the whole cloth":

viewtopic.php?p=509519#p509519

All part and parcel of your tendency to conspiracy theories, a case in point being your dogmatic and clueless insistence that "AP relies on the similarity of the acronym to 'AIDS'-- to insist that VAIDS must be some form of AIDS":

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1B.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=560&p=507737#p507737

They weren't "insisting" on that at all - they were clearly pointing, several times, to those using that term and claiming that it denoted - with diddly-squat in the way of evidence - the "gradual destruction of the human immune system by vaccines", those for Covid in particular:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220125171 ... re-widely/

https://archive.ph/yC2No

But, more importantly, is this particularly clueless comment of yours - and that's saying something:
Service Dog wrote: Temperament does NOT mean the same thing as "gender".
For one thing, what I SAID was:
Steersman wrote: "those "temperaments" are what the more or less rational "genderologists" mean by gender"
Some MORE rational "genderologists" have a bit more of a scientific perspective on the term. For instance - if you'd get your head out of your arse and read that article - even Peterson at least alludes to an earlier interpretation of the gender concept based on "fundamental attributes [that are] measurable and measured properly":
But all that goes out the window when we are discussing the magic of “gender” now, which is entirely subjectively defined, even though that insistence indubitably contravenes the earlier standards.
And some LESS rational "genderologists" - like Wikipedia - "think" that "gender" may - or may not depending on which way the wind is blowing, and on who's most "offended" :roll: - include "gender identity" which - as Peterson justifiably points out (about "gender identity") - is "entirely subjectively definined":
Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to femininity and masculinity and differentiating between them. Depending on the context, this may include sex-based social structures (i.e. gender roles) and gender identity.
An incredibly diverse - and quite contradictory - set of definitions for and conceptions of gender - which is what underwrites and motivates the entire mephitic and toxic clusterfuck over "gender". But for instance, see this passage from an interview of Kara Dansky ("former ACLU public defender", "former WoLF board member and the author of The Abolition of Sex"):
Kara Dansky: Sex is grounded in material biology. It’s what we all learned in school. All human beings are sexually dimorphic mammals. We are part of the family of mammals, and so all of us are female or male. Females have a chromosomal makeup of XX. Males have a chromosomal makeup of XY. Females produce large gametes called ova. Males produce small gametes called sperm. This is all very basic biology. That’s what sex is.

Gender, on the other hand, although the terms are very frequently used interchangeably, is more about sex stereotypes. Women stereotypically like pink. Men stereotypically like blue. Women stereotypically are nurturing. Men stereotypically are aggressive. These are stereotypes that we all have in our minds about what boys and girls are supposed to like, what men and women are supposed to like, and how we’re all supposed to act, but they have nothing to do with our biology.
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/meet-the- ... ara-dansky

A fairly sensible summation of the dichotomy- by a "more rational genderologist" than the run-of-the-mill - but still kind of clueless; wonder where she thinks that "nurturing" and "aggressive" comes from if not our biology. Some things - like pink and blue - are clearly "socially constructed"; many psychological traits and behavioural traits like nurturing and aggressiveness, much less so.

But the whole concept of "gender" has to be one of the most incoherent piles of unscientific claptrap and outright cretinous rubbish to have come down the pike in a long time - may need to reprint Martin Gardner's "Fads and Fallacies in Science" just to include gender:

About the most that one might reasonably say, from a scientific perspective, is that it is a multidimensional spectrum of various physiological, psychological, behavioural, and sociological traits that correlate to varying degrees with our nominal sexes - more accurately, our karyotypes.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

yeesh-- way to prove my point.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/cQG80QOjY3Ky.png

Reports: Biden admin orders ammo maker to stop selling 5.56 rounds to Americans
The Biden administration has reportedly ordered an ammunition manufacturer to stop selling Americans some 5.56mm rounds, which is the most common for the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

In an effort to severely limit the sale of ammo used in AR-15s, the U.S. military has ordered Winchester – which manages the U.S. Army’s Lake City ammunition plant – to stop selling its excess M855/SS109 (5.56mm) ammo to the public, The Truth About Guns reported citing a source close to the matter.

The Lake City plant, located in Independence, Missouri, produces nearly 30 percent of the commercial market’s sales of 5.56 ammo.

Larry Keane, the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s general counsel and senior vice president, first revealed the administration’s plans in a tweet on Wednesday.

“The U.S. Military is actively considering shutting down the sale is M855/SS109 ammo from Lake City to the commercial market. @NSSF @NRAILA #GreenTipAmmo @POTUS @JoeBiden,” Keane tweeted.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/0 ... americans/

https://media.patriots.win/post/DQ6r1FVOPIMT.png

New video angle shows Biden's bicycle crash-- was due to his fixation with prepubescent girls.
He smelled little girl before his feet were even on the ground.
Not even crashing could stop his pursuit.
He knelt down to start talking to her... then, once he had her attention... gave her the ol' Biden eyelevel-dick pose...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: For an exhilarating, really seamless (one take) scene, watch the U-Bahn scene in HANNA.
Give episode 1 of the Moon Knight tv show a try. It unfolds like that scene, but trippy like the old The Prisoner tv show... meets Inception or Memento.

I haven't seen the subsequent 5 episodes. But the first one is a tidy, self-contained, 45 minute poem.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

As I suspected, the 2nd episode of Moon Knight was a step down.

and yet... the lesser version... has an intriguing quality. It's as-if the 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' never happened, and Sam Raimi is still the high water mark of artsy superhero fare... circa Darkman or Dark City... or Guillermo del Toro's early films.

Which is an odd act of self-erasure by Disney/Marvel. They must know the MCU mine is tapped-out, so they're smart-enough to backtrack.

--

Speaking of psychedelic/nightmare/dream/superhero art... that AI text-to-image generator is still blowing my mind..

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

this is just a follow-up post to call Marcus Au's attention to the previous post.

and here's another gallery of AI results... mostly generated from instructions telling it to depict antifa riots with a japanese cartoon cat on their flags.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Michael Shermer wrote a stupid article on gun violence. Dick Carrier solving Quantum Mechanics via philosophy level stupid:

https://quillette.com/2022/06/15/the-ca ... -its-guns/

I wrote a rebuttal:

https://trueliberalnexus.com/2022/06/19 ... -his-head/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:hankey:
Service Dog wrote: yeesh-- way to prove my point.
:roll: Only in your own "mind", only in your own fervid if not seriously overheated and conspiracy-prone imagination.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Canada still has a vaccine mandate. People can't travel outside of their state or out of the country without a vaccine pass (something I knew would be abused the moment it was announced). Now this.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Michael Shermer wrote a stupid article on gun violence. Dick Carrier solving Quantum Mechanics via philosophy level stupid:

I wrote a rebuttal:

Your own work, your new blog?

On a quick skim, seems fairly thorough and comprehensive. Obligatory JPG from Zardoz which I seem to recollect figured in an earlier profile picture ... ;)

But a fairly decent sci-fi movie I'd seen decades ago, and one I periodically think of watching again.

Somewhat apropos of the Liberal theme, you might check out Kara Dansky's Substack post on Hilary Clinton's interview where Clinton argued that the Democrats shouldn't be making transgenderism a major issue in the midterms, and that American democracy is teetering on a precipice. Kind of think that the latter is partly due to the rot in both the Democrat and Republican parties, transgenderism just being a major cause, and one due more to Democrats than Republicans.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Michael Shermer wrote a stupid article on gun violence. Dick Carrier solving Quantum Mechanics via philosophy level stupid:

I wrote a rebuttal:

Old political blog, new post. I also had Atheism Neat on the now-defunct Skepti-schism site.

Obligatory JPG from Zardoz which I seem to recollect figured in an earlier profile picture ... ;)
Zardoz is weird as shit, but a great movie. Boorman is the man.

Shermer's article featured a graphic of a pointed revolver, so that movie still came to mind. (Does anyone know whether that's a Webley?) Plus the movie features a religious cult centered around proliferation of firearms, similar to what Shermer imagines the NRA/gun nuts to be.

... and an enervated, degenerate, conformist elite, of which Shermer, et al. are members.

I first saw ZARDOZ as a double feature with ROLLERBALL, and they made me the nihilistic misanthrope I am today.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I encountered a cache of tombstones... display samples not from actual graves... but they're engraved with names, dates, face of Jesus, etc.
They look like they came from a cemetery.

I told a skateboarder about the stones. He dropped some stones in popular skating locations. Naturally, people think they're stolen from graves. Like a Yeti, he's already regarded with mythical-awe & disbelief... for prior offbeat endeavors. This will add to his legend. But I hope it doesn't stir up confused negative attention-- from cops or whoever.

https://www.picuki.com/media/2864118941414947252

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The funniest thing about Biden falling off his bike is, that was a photo app planned to quell the talk about him being physically unfit & too old.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Steersman wrote:

I wrote a rebuttal:

Old political blog, new post. I also had Atheism Neat on the now-defunct Skepti-schism site.

Obligatory JPG from Zardoz which I seem to recollect figured in an earlier profile picture ... ;)
Zardoz is weird as shit, but a great movie. Boorman is the man.

Shermer's article featured a graphic of a pointed revolver, so that movie still came to mind. (Does anyone know whether that's a Webley?) Plus the movie features a religious cult centered around proliferation of firearms, similar to what Shermer imagines the NRA/gun nuts to be.

... and an enervated, degenerate, conformist elite, of which Shermer, et al. are members.

I first saw ZARDOZ as a double feature with ROLLERBALL, and they made me the nihilistic misanthrope I am today.
In the event gun possession is restricted in the US I'll be watching the news for the first Molotov cocktail mass school murder, machete attack or canteen poisoning. Homemade pipe bombs would do the job too or a nice fertiliser/diesel bomb with added shrapnel. No end to the creative ways a disgruntled kid could find to maim and kill. The hysterics might find themselves nostalgic for the good old days when shootings were the preferred method. Bullets, you can hide from, or chance presenting, run from. Poison in the stew, can't dodge that.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Afterthought. Mass murders don't generally seem to be spur of the moment affairs. The perp stews away, daydreams about revenge and going out in a blaze of something or other. If they can't find a gun, which they could if they really wanted too, they will find other means.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: a photo app planned to quell the talk about
https://media.patriots.win/post/GTeuaZy3dhgA.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Afterthought. Mass murders don't generally seem to be spur of the moment affairs. The perp stews away, daydreams about revenge and going out in a blaze of something or other. If they can't find a gun, which they could if they really wanted too, they will find other means.
The little sicko in Uvalde plotted for at least two years. (Which is why waiting periods to purchase guns don't work.)

But none of the 'common sense gun control safety' is really about preventing deaths. It's just an excuse to gradually take away guns and make everyone dependent on, and at the mercy of, the elite-run government.
Patrick Henry wrote:Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:40 pm
Michael Shermer wrote a stupid article on gun violence. Dick Carrier solving Quantum Mechanics via philosophy level stupid:

I wrote a rebuttal:

Wow. That Shermer piece is total crap. When did he get this fucking stupid? I have read several of his books and he usually had a good and truly "skeptical" view of topics. He is a blind idiot on the gun topic in the US. A mental clown really. He should just join "The View" and blabber with those ignorant bitches. Fuck me. He should go back to insulting flat earthers and big foot spotters... he does this reasonably well.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hey, Michael Shermer, let's say you get your wish-- and guns are banned.

What do you do when someone pulls the pin and hands you a grenade?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:40 pm

I wrote a rebuttal:

Wow. That Shermer piece is total crap. When did he get this fucking stupid? I have read several of his books and he usually had a good and truly "skeptical" view of topics. He is a blind idiot on the gun topic in the US. A mental clown really. He should just join "The View" and blabber with those ignorant bitches. Fuck me. He should go back to insulting flat earthers and big foot spotters... he does this reasonably well.
Did you check out my rebuttal? If you like it, drop a comment, share it around -- the algorithms are suppressing it.

I always considered Shermer a crappy writer with little to say. Vastly overrated. Here, he just recycled the same old anti-gun tropes while adding his own rainman take on the subject.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

High capacity clip:

high capacity clip.jpg
(136.17 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:17 am
this is just a follow-up post to call Marcus Au's attention to the previous post.

Attention drawn...the mind boggles...at least mine does...

It's interesting and there was a long post in relation to one of your previous posts that I didn't write out - so I'm not sure why you are directing me in particular to this.

If the past century in Art - from Dada & Surrealism to Abstract, Conception and Pop teaches us anything it's that context is king - so yeah you have as much claim to be an authentic artist as anyone...

Will leave it to percolate in my subconscious - happy dreams everyone...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu-- I called your attention to it-- because I knew you'd know what 'drawn by Jack Kirby' looks like.

(I just scrolled back up & laughed... because this-time I noticed that how much it looks like Daniel Clowes trying to draw/mock Kirby.)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Let's hunt down our political opponents. Only a metaphor snowflakes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Two Ospreys just flew over me. Neither one crashed, which is rare.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

US Navy training video says "gender-neutral" is the default set of pronouns to use, when addressing Navy colleagues... because :"they may still be in the process of discovery" which gender they-are.

(Personally-- I think knowing which gender you-are (without referring to notes or outside-help) should be a pre-requisite to enlistment.

But I would settle-for... those who don't-know... Asking Someone to Tell Them The Correct Answer.)

"Hey, guys..." is specifically cited as inadequately gender-neutral.

And OF COURSE that sweater is the BLM version of the pride flag.

Every day, I see so much clownbrain fuckery... Bad Trip brain-eating news. But something about this-one really made me shudder.

Obviously, it's that saner heads did-not prevail & prevent the Navy from prioritizing this nonsense above clear communication & normal order.

But, for me, the Last Straw...

is when the female bungler-- MISPRONOUNCES the word "They" at 1min28sec...

and then-- the punchline at the end of the video-- is literally both of those idiots lecturing-us, in unison,

that the word "They"... "Is Very Easy To Pronounce". :doh:

"https://jonathanturley.org/2022/06/19/ ... ald-trump/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Two Ospreys just flew over me. Neither one crashed, which is rare.
V-22s I assume, not Pandion haliaetus.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Two Ospreys just flew over me. Neither one crashed, which is rare.
V-22s I assume, not Pandion haliaetus.
Very loud, very slow. 50% end up with negative altitude.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/politics ... index.html

I had a client who'd dated Osprey pilots. She said they were all maniacs but sexy. She went and married a boring U-2 pilot, else she may have earned a reputation as a Chop Girl.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:39 pm
Two Ospreys just flew over me. Neither one crashed, which is rare.
This aircraft is a disaster. 51 people have died in this machine. It is a kind of death trap. Terrible design.

I saw a real Osprey on Sunday. It was cruising low over Lake Saint Clair. It was about 30 feet high. Unfortunately, the Red-winged Blackbirds were just tending to their hatchlings... little chicks sitting in their nests in the cattails... poking out their heads with their red mouths open for food. The Blackbirds were aggressive as fuck. They chatted at me and dove over my head when I walked the path. The poor Osprey was constantly mobbed. The Blackbirds would shoot up from the marsh like little black interceptor missiles, and they would peck at the Ospreys back. It is not so easy to be a bird of prey.

Guest_63c359c3

Post by Guest_63c359c3 »

Hey, facist tit, any chance of fixing the "I'm a dumbass and lost/forgot my log-in details" system for the 'pit?

(I bought a new rig, lost all my saved passwords, can't access my account and the "recovery" system for the 'pit does not work!)

Signed - the user formerly known as Bhurzum.

John D

Post by John D »

I just want to know which Disney (Republican or Democrat) has Negroland.