Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by John D »

2000 Mules was much better than I expected. I have always hated DeSousa because of his religious apologism. But... well... that doesn't mean he is wrong about elections. I guess.

John D

Post by John D »

Hmmmm... a few thoughts.

One of my poly daughter's "good friends" joined us for Mothers Day this weekend with "their" "they" child. "Their" child is a 8 year old biological girl. "They" (the child) explained to us how hard it is for them to be a "them" and that it is hard for "them" to get picked for the girls or the boys team at school. The child is smart and rather delightful but they are full of anxiety. It is sad. When "they" have a good day at school it is a day where they only cry twice. Every time we have been with "them" they can visit for a half hour until they has a breakdown and has to be by herself. Yikes. So sad. This kid is a girl. They like pretty clothes. They like princesses...etc. So... their yiddy (mother) tells her she is not a girl. So weird. I can't do anything. This child is suffering and their "mom" is a loon. Wow.... just wow. I just sit and watch because saying anything sends them off into lala land. Holy fuck. I just sit and watch this roll out in front of me.

Had a good Mothers Day. My wife went to an art fair with our daughter and I cooked a good steak dinner. No regrets.

I have to go to Mexico for a business trip. I don't like going to Mexico... but I will survive.

Protestors in front of Justice Alito's house makes my wife laugh. I ask her if she thinks it is a good idea to protest and threaten a Justice.... and she says "Yes... they are attacking women." Haha. So I say "I don't give a fuck anymore.... you guys work it out."

Really... I am having fun playing games with friends and going birding when I can, and riding my bike. Today I don't give one flying fuck over these political topics. Youall bitches can work it out. I am done sharing my opinions. Youall told me my opinion doesn't matter...so... I agree.

and then... My wife yells at me and says "I am just shocked that a healthy 60 year old man doesn't want to have sex anymore." and I am like "Yeah... you are shocked by lots of stuff."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I don't recall what happened to it... I'll ask next time we talk.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

apply that reply to a big rescued bird or the american male sex drive or the election or whatever

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog wrote: apply that reply to a big rescued bird or the american male sex drive or the election or whatever

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Protestors in front of Justice Alito's house makes my wife laugh. I ask her if she thinks it is a good idea to protest and threaten a Justice.... and she says "Yes... they are attacking women."
18 U.S.C. § 1507 — Picketing or parading

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Haha. So I say "I don't give a fuck anymore.... you guys work it out."

Really... I am having fun playing games with friends and going birding when I can, and riding my bike. Today I don't give one flying fuck over these political topics. Youall bitches can work it out. I am done sharing my opinions. Youall told me my opinion doesn't matter...so... I agree.

and then... My wife yells at me and says "I am just shocked that a healthy 60 year old man doesn't want to have sex anymore." and I am like "Yeah... you are shocked by lots of stuff."
You're untouchable now, brat, and that a great thing.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John D wrote: Hmmmm... a few thoughts.

One of my poly daughter's "good friends" joined us for Mothers Day this weekend with "their" "they" child. "Their" child is a 8 year old biological girl. "They" (the child) explained to us how hard it is for them to be a "them" and that it is hard for "them" to get picked for the girls or the boys team at school. The child is smart and rather delightful but they are full of anxiety. It is sad. When "they" have a good day at school it is a day where they only cry twice. Every time we have been with "them" they can visit for a half hour until they has a breakdown and has to be by herself. Yikes. So sad. This kid is a girl. They like pretty clothes. They like princesses...etc. So... their yiddy (mother) tells her she is not a girl. So weird. I can't do anything. This child is suffering and their "mom" is a loon. Wow.... just wow. I just sit and watch because saying anything sends them off into lala land. Holy fuck. I just sit and watch this roll out in front of me.
What the fuck did I just read? Your daughter has a friend with a daughter who TELLS her she's not a girl? The girl isn't saying it herself, but the mother is? And the girl cries every day in school because of it? Holy shit. And your daughter is okay with this? ... If I saw that happening in front of me, I think my blood might just boil over. Fuck. That.

John D

Post by John D »

Pitchguest wrote:
John D wrote: Hmmmm... a few thoughts.

What the fuck did I just read? Your daughter has a friend with a daughter who TELLS her she's not a girl? The girl isn't saying it herself, but the mother is? And the girl cries every day in school because of it? Holy shit. And your daughter is okay with this? ... If I saw that happening in front of me, I think my blood might just boil over. Fuck. That.
So... one of my poly daughter's "partners is named Jessi. Jessi is a biological female who has a child. Jessi gave birth to the child. The child is a biological female and is about 8 years old.

Jessi uses "they them" pronouns and identifies as non-gendered. They dress in a very androgynous way. I think they have been on testosterone when they can afford it. The have that Gilbert Gottfied voice.

Their "child" is named Charlie. Charlie says they are a "they". They do not say they are a girl. They say they have no gender. Of course, the only way an 8 year old would say they were non-gendered is if their parent told them this. They would never come up with this on their own.

Charlie does not call Jessi her Mom. "Mom' is not the correct word. Charlie calls Jessi her "Yenni".

Charlie is cute as a bug. A sweet little "girl" who wears shoe laces that match "her" sweater. When I complimented "them" on "their" outfit they bragged about how good it looked. They decorate their hat with little collectable pins. They watch cute movies and play girl style video games.

Charlie told us a story of how sad she gets when they pick sex based teams at school (boys and girls). She doesn't know what to do and she thinks it is wrong that teams are picked this way.

My daughter explained that Charlie has social anxiety and she often has breakdowns where she cries and leaves the room. This has happened every time I have visited with her. My daughter explained that a good day is when Charlie only has two breakdowns at school.

100% fucked up. There is nothing for me to do. I have gotten to the point where I simply watch. I ask no questions and I make no suggestions. Anything I do makes it worse. 100% fucked up.

I payed the vet bill to save their cat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Charlie should go into foster care, and Jessie should go to prison. Men's or women's prison, I don't give a damn which.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:16 pm
2000 Mules was much better than I expected. I have always hated DeSousa because of his religious apologism. But... well... that doesn't mean he is wrong about elections. I guess.
Perhaps not, but it is a good enough reason to look out for rebuttals before drawing conclusions.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:42 pm
John D wrote: Protestors in front of Justice Alito's house makes my wife laugh. I ask her if she thinks it is a good idea to protest and threaten a Justice.... and she says "Yes... they are attacking women."
18 U.S.C. § 1507 — Picketing or parading

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
Also violates the law in some states, so maybe justice won't depend on the remote possibility of Garland doing his job. I can only imagine the look of outrage on Psaki's face and the speed at which Garland would mobilise the DoJ if these were parent's outside a school board member's house. But it's only the SC, so who gives a shit. It's all part of the process.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Pitchguest wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:38 am
It's the school's fault for artificially differentiating the thems. Don't they know it's unconscionable to label a child on the strength of a doctor's guess!
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UfBLaiF5vl4

ThreeFlangedJavis

The Triggernometry guys mistakenly took David Pakman to be a serious individual. TBH I don't know whether he is dishonest or too dense to realise what he's doing. Either is plausible. He's always seemed rather desperate to maintain a point of view in the face of the obvious.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I can only imagine the look of outrage on Psaki's face and the speed at which Garland would mobilise the DoJ if these were parent's outside a school board member's house. But it's only the SC, so who gives a shit. It's all part of the process.
https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-sternly ... -next-door

John D

Post by John D »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:38 am
It's the school's fault for artificially differentiating the thems. Don't they know it's unconscionable to label a child on the strength of a doctor's guess!
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UfBLaiF5vl4
You are a female who takes steroids, has a voice like Gilbert Gottfried, and a really shitty beard.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Transwoman commits suicide after murdering xir transman boyfriend and cistwin brother.

https://nbc25news.com/news/local/police ... nt-complex

Guarantee this will be included in the totals of trannies-who-commit-suicide-because-society-won't-affirm-their-gender bucket AND the trannies-who-are-murdered-for-being-tranny bucket.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Some folks read LOTR once a year. Today, I begin my annual ritual of reading Sixty Days That Shook The West, one daily entry at a time.

https://archive.org/details/sixtydaysthatsho000320mbp

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Another look at our local herons taken today, Fannini subspecies
DSCN1621 (2).JPG
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 222 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Screw the recall -- Georges Gascon should be drawn and quartered.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-h ... der-charge

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Vax nazi, unfunny 'comedian', and all-around dickhead, Stephen Colbert, has the rona again.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Charlie should go into foster care, and Jessie should go to prison. Men's or women's prison, I don't give a damn which.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRj-NokS2xI
Some sympathy for that, although having them hung, drawn and quartered might be more appropriate. Quite sure that I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those "parents" responsible for the butchering of their children when - or if - they finally realize what they've done. Absolutely bloody criminal what is being done under the rubric of gender ideology - a medical scandal happening in plain sight.

Interesting story at a Substack by Parents with Inconvenient Truths about Trans (PITT):
On April 27, 2022, El Mundo, the leading conservative newspaper in Spain, published a paper issue cover story titled “First complaint against a hospital for a change of sex to a minor”, by Quico Alsedo. ....

[Parent] Rosario has sued the Ramon y Cajal Hospital in Madrid for starting, without the necessary approval, gender-affirmation treatment for her 16-year-old daughter, who has suffered bullying, anorexia, self-harm and a suicide attempt. The girl asked for it and her father supports her. ....
https://pitt.substack.com/p/first-compl ... spital?s=r

Though some there at PITT are part of the problem in viewing sex and gender as the same kettle of fish. Big part of the problem is that far too many people simply don't realize - or want to consider - that there's no intrinsic meaning to "male" and "female". They mean whatever we want them to mean or agree that they mean; at one point "female" meant "she who suckles". By which Jenner and his ilk might qualify as females, even if milk marketing boards would probably rule the "output" was unfit for human consumption.

Interesting story at NY Post about a Fox News interview:
Harvard lecturer Carole Hooven took heat from her own colleague after an appearance on Fox News this week in which she asserted that biological sex is real and defended the continued use of terms like ‘pregnant women’ and “male and female.”
https://nypost.com/2021/07/31/harvard-l ... gical-sex/

Hooven is more or less on an even keel but even she is reluctant to face the facts that "male" and "female" are just labels that we agree to attach to various physiological traits, that they are just abstractions. The only things that are real are genitalia, reproductive structures, and actual reproductive abilities, the latter of which are the ONLY sine qua non for the biological definitions:

https://academic.oup.com/molehr/article ... 61/1062990

But such a clusterfuck due to profoundly anti-scientific and unscientific perspectives and outright ignorance. ICYMI, something from Glinner's Substack on the question of what some signs endorsed by some "politicians" on a "trans-inclusive ban on conversion therapy" really mean:

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/wh ... ly-say?s=r

Substack_Glinner_AutisticDysphoricChildren1A.jpeg
(328.67 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Quintuple-boosted billionaire, philanthropist, philanderer, Epstein Island gold pass holder and, most shameful of all, developer of Access™, Bill Gates, has the rona.

John D

Post by John D »

Fucking - have to go to Mexico for business. Central Mexico. They do have good tequila, but otherwise it is just dirt and wild dogs. I can get into Mexico with just a vax card but I have to take a Covid test within 24 hours of returning to the US. I hope I pass. I don't want to be stuck in Mexico for two weeks. 20,000 illegals cross the border without testing but I ... a US citizen... have to test to return to my own country. Fuck off!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Just climb over the wall.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:13 pm
Quintuple-boosted billionaire, philanthropist, philanderer, Epstein Island gold pass holder and, most shameful of all, developer of Access™, Bill Gates, has the rona.
Tell me, what do you have against Access? And please don't go all Hoggle about it!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Tell me, what do you have against Access? And please don't go all Hoggle about it!
Have you ever tried to use it? Have you ever tried shoving a brick up your urethra? No? I don't recommend either.

I've used SQL, and created & managed DBs in Lotus Notes, Filemaker, and with spreadsheets, And attempted to do so with Access. Access is more clunky than SQL queries, with not quite the same functionality of a spreadsheet. Even the Siebel sales force app, which was just an MS Explorer rip-off posing as an RDBMS shell, worked better.

NB: Excel, the only MS product that doesn't suck, was not originally developed by MS.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh, and DOS, of course.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

DSCN2793-DG Small.jpg
(982.41 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

John D

Post by John D »

Oh boy. Watching more barbershop. This is such superb singing. Really... off the charts. All four of these guys have learned how to match their pitch, vibrato, and timing. There are perfect key changes in the middle of the performance with no instrument to guide them. This singing is not auto-tuned or corrected. Stupidly great singing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Totally not grooming.

Erin Lee, whose daughter attended Wellington Middle School up until last week, says her daughter was told she may be transgender and her family was not safe

Less said her daughter, 12, was invited to the group by art teacher Jenna Riep, who told her it was an art group

The lesson was led LGBTQ activist Kimberly Chambers, emails obtained by the Parents Defending Education advocacy group show.

Speaker Kimberly told kids that if they were not fully comfortable in their body that they may trans and that members of their family were not safe to talk to

Students in the group did a 'Genderbread person activity' which explicitly asked her daughter and other students in the room who they are sexually attracted to
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... group.html

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:08 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Tell me, what do you have against Access? And please don't go all Hoggle about it!
Have you ever tried to use it? Have you ever tried shoving a brick up your urethra? No? I don't recommend either.

I've used SQL, and created & managed DBs in Lotus Notes, Filemaker, and with spreadsheets, And attempted to do so with Access. Access is more clunky than SQL queries, with not quite the same functionality of a spreadsheet. Even the Siebel sales force app, which was just an MS Explorer rip-off posing as an RDBMS shell, worked better.

NB: Excel, the only MS product that doesn't suck, was not originally developed by MS.
Yes, I've used Access a lot. TBH I don't understand what you mean by it being "more clunky than SQL queries". It is fantastic if you know how to use it. It makes it easy to create tables, implement views through queries, create reports and data entry forms on an ad hoc basis or with a more polished and user-proof front-end. You can create any custom functions you want with VB (or whatever they use now) and even create an entire database application controlled by code. TBH when faced with a spreadsheet to be processed in some way my first instinct has always been to import it into Access tables and generate any reports or data presentations from there.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

I see things haven't changed much around here.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DW Adams wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:42 am
Same as it every was...only more so.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Officially give up on caring about the sick farce of US politics. What a monumental waste of time, just pissing into the wind. Here's looking forward to a more productive and less tortured life. I have no children so I don't give a fuck as long as I can make it to death or dementia before we all need a social credit check before buying a loaf of bread. Your administration of power-crazed authoritarians wants to appoint as Information Reichsleiter a swivel-eyed freak who thinks that verified Twatterers should be able to edit Twatter like they do on Wikipedia. No more needs to be said.

Of more interest from a sociological point of view is the Pitters who witnessed the devolution of atheism/skepticism with all of the attendant woke ploys and yet were unwilling to accept the probable consequences of installing leaders using exactly the same tactics and batshit arguments. Might as well have elected PZ. I mean, don't we see the equivalent of "you just hate women" coming from the party in power every day?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: It is fantastic if you know how to use it.
Well, maybe they seriously improved it since I last used it ages ago. Cuz creating tables & views was torture. The generation of Access I used was the DB equivalent of the Boulton-Paul Defiant.

If you can figure out how to use Access, just use Oracle.
If your organization can't afford Oracle, use Filemaker. An amateur dabbler like me can create DBs from scratch, but Filemaker has so many pre-fab templates now, it's not even necessary.
If you can't afford Filemaker (and the single-user one-time price is reasonable), muddle through with a spreadsheet.

Access was typical of the Microsoft business model: slap together some shit (hey, let's just recycle BASIC!), include it in the office suite, make sure no data or files from outside apps are compatible, then use your market dominance to asphyxiate any superior products. If MS improved Access, it was only because it couldn't kill Filemaker. No matter how lovely Access might be today, it was a dogshit squatter for many years.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
two big changes:
- a lot of opera music is getting posted;
- several pitters have come out of the closet.

Ok, one big change.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
two big changes:

Ok, one big change.
I am not a fag!

And the Access from years ago was TOTAL SHIT. But... I haven't used it in about 20 years. I have no opinion about Access in its current state... cause I don't know.

I am sexually attracted to young pretty women... which does me no good because young pretty women are not attracted to me. So... just because I am not fucking anything does not make me gay! And liking old musicals and opera also doesn't make me gay. (but I may make an exception for Matt or Dog... just... well... just because).

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:44 am
Well, maybe they seriously improved it since I last used it ages ago. Cuz creating tables & views was torture. The generation of Access I used was the DB equivalent of the Boulton-Paul Defiant.

If your organization can't afford Oracle, use Filemaker. An amateur dabbler like me can create DBs from scratch, but Filemaker has so many pre-fab templates now, it's not even necessary.
If you can't afford Filemaker (and the single-user one-time price is reasonable), muddle through with a spreadsheet.

Access was typical of the Microsoft business model: slap together some shit (hey, let's just recycle BASIC!), include it in the office suite, make sure no data or files from outside apps are compatible, then use your market dominance to asphyxiate any superior products. If MS improved Access, it was only because it couldn't kill Filemaker. No matter how lovely Access might be today, it was a dogshit squatter for many years.
I last used Access seriously 15 years ago. Whether or not an application is useful to you depends on how you want to use it. The utopian ideal of the database application builder for dummies has never been realised AFAIAC. Any prefab template is unlikely to do exactly what you require it to do and by the time you've figured out how to modify it you might as well have built the thing from scratch. Besides, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. If you haven't built the thing yourself, or have the skills to find out, you don't really know what it's doing. I find more "automated" software to be incredibly frustrating and less flexible. I like to tell it what to do, not the other way around. There was nothing wrong with VB, in fact it was ideal for the purpose. It is easy to learn the basics to write simple functions yet can also be used to work with datasets and create entire database applications from within Access. I wouldn't use Access for anything outside of something like a department level application with a few users. That's what Oracle, SQL Server or one of the open source flavours are for. IMO Access is ideal for someone with some relational database knowledge and a few programming skills to create a functional application without too much hassle.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:44 am

I last used Access seriously 15 years ago. Whether or not an application is useful to you depends on how you want to use it. The utopian ideal of the database application builder for dummies has never been realised AFAIAC. Any prefab template is unlikely to do exactly what you require it to do and by the time you've figured out how to modify it you might as well have built the thing from scratch. Besides, they can be dangerous in the wrong hands. If you haven't built the thing yourself, or have the skills to find out, you don't really know what it's doing. I find more "automated" software to be incredibly frustrating and less flexible. I like to tell it what to do, not the other way around. There was nothing wrong with VB, in fact it was ideal for the purpose. It is easy to learn the basics to write simple functions yet can also be used to work with datasets and create entire database applications from within Access. I wouldn't use Access for anything outside of something like a department level application with a few users. That's what Oracle, SQL Server or one of the open source flavours are for. IMO Access is ideal for someone with some relational database knowledge and a few programming skills to create a functional application without too much hassle.
Probably about as long ago for me - since "retiring" in late 2008; how time flies when you're having fun ...

But I had been responsible for designing, building, and programming (Borland C++ Builder) some test jigs for production test of our tire pressure monitoring sensors. Relatively low volume so relatively few records requiring only some 50 tables for parameter values, test sequences and results - entirely consistent with your "department level application with a few users":

MicrosoftAccess_TestDatabase1A.jpg
(304.73 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Seem to recollect the process was more or less painless, though I can't say that I ever looked much beyond the Access that came with the Microsoft suite of Excel and Word so don't have much in the way of a basis for comparison.

Still, something of a blast from the past - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times :-)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
DW Adams wrote:
two big changes:

Ok, one big change.
I am not a fag!

And the Access from years ago was TOTAL SHIT. But... I haven't used it in about 20 years. I have no opinion about Access in its current state... cause I don't know.

I am sexually attracted to young pretty women... which does me no good because young pretty women are not attracted to me. So... just because I am not fucking anything does not make me gay! And liking old musicals and opera also doesn't make me gay. (but I may make an exception for Matt or Dog... just... well... just because).
Oracle (the product) provided me with a very comfortable career at Amazon for almost 15 years, and Oracle (the company) is doing even better for me as an employee in their cloud division. Go Uncle Larry!!

Two Oracle jokes:

Q. What does Oracle stand for?
A. One Rich Asshole Called Larry Ellison.

Q. What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?
A. God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison.

Oh, and Ellison is STILL not allowed to import his Su-29 by the US Gov.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry, MiG, not Su.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Should have bought a tank instead

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Q. What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?
Oracle is great product. I worked for SyBase, but I gotta call 'em as I see 'em. I still have nightmares about row-level locking.

I never met Ellison, but I know folks who did. Including one creative services guy who had Ellison breathing literally over his shoulder one late night as the CS guy pasted up a full-page ad on the computer. Ellison micro pico-managed the entire process, right down to the 'small print'; that is, the legal disclaimers at the bottom of the ad. Ellison insisted on 4 pt type; legal minimum is 6 pt. Guess who got reamed when the ad was rejected by the paper.

I did on several occasions meet Ellison's erstwhile protegé, Tom Siebel, who bought out the sales force/customer support app company I worked for and replaced its kick-ass products with the afore-mentioned dogshit knock-off Explorer shell. My first impression of being in a conference room with Siebel was, how can I plant the bomb underneath him with time to fly back to Berlin?

Ellison and Siebel had a falling out, as there can only be one smartest narcissist in the world.

Ellison shares Gates' predilection for shitting where he eats, i.e., banging every direct report he could. During a trial in which a former direct report sued for sexual harassment (i.e., she fucked Larry, but didn't get the promotion) Ellison testified "We were going out for dinner. I wanted to have sex first. She wanted to go to dinner first. We had sex first."

Tom Siebel (Gavin Newson's uncle-in-law, btw -- the family that sociopaths together, stays together) seems attached to his wife, but loves to play rancher. He bought a 300 acre ranch in Wyoming, like they all do, but grew bored (he's a very height-challenged man, and probably got tired of getting a leg up every time they pretended to cut cows.). So he moved back to Californication, and bought a 100 acre duck huntin' property. No doubt he has a $19,000 Turkish 16 gauge over-under. A GF, package courier, coincidentally also once met Siebel, while delivering live lobsters flown in from Maine so the he-men captains of industry could dine well following a slaughter of ducks even more epic than their annual mass layoffs of Marketing departments. She got an instant, how-do-I-plant-the-bomb vibe about him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The San Diego city council, having solved all the city's other problems, has passed a resolution to adopt a UN Women's rights convention. But on its own, added:
Discrimination against women extends to transgender women, gender nonconforming women, youth, and girls and those assigned female at birth, which includes transgender men and intersex communities; and the term "discrimination against women" includes any distinction, exclusion, or restriction on the basis of gender and sex assigned at birth.
Steerz should immediately write the city council to set them straight!

https://sdcounty.legistar.com/Legislati ... FullText=1

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Q. What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?
Oracle is great product. I worked for SyBase, but I gotta call 'em as I see 'em. I still have nightmares about row-level locking.

I never met Ellison, but I know folks who did. Including one creative services guy who had Ellison breathing literally over his shoulder one late night as the CS guy pasted up a full-page ad on the computer. Ellison micro pico-managed the entire process, right down to the 'small print'; that is, the legal disclaimers at the bottom of the ad. Ellison insisted on 4 pt type; legal minimum is 6 pt. Guess who got reamed when the ad was rejected by the paper.

I did on several occasions meet Ellison's erstwhile protegé, Tom Siebel, who bought out the sales force/customer support app company I worked for and replaced its kick-ass products with the afore-mentioned dogshit knock-off Explorer shell. My first impression of being in a conference room with Siebel was, how can I plant the bomb underneath him with time to fly back to Berlin?

Ellison and Siebel had a falling out, as there can only be one smartest narcissist in the world.

Ellison shares Gates' predilection for shitting where he eats, i.e., banging every direct report he could. During a trial in which a former direct report sued for sexual harassment (i.e., she fucked Larry, but didn't get the promotion) Ellison testified "We were going out for dinner. I wanted to have sex first. She wanted to go to dinner first. We had sex first."

Tom Siebel (Gavin Newson's uncle-in-law, btw -- the family that sociopaths together, stays together) seems attached to his wife, but loves to play rancher. He bought a 300 acre ranch in Wyoming, like they all do, but grew bored (he's a very height-challenged man, and probably got tired of getting a leg up every time they pretended to cut cows.). So he moved back to Californication, and bought a 100 acre duck huntin' property. No doubt he has a $19,000 Turkish 16 gauge over-under. A GF, package courier, coincidentally also once met Siebel, while delivering live lobsters flown in from Maine so the he-men captains of industry could dine well following a slaughter of ducks even more epic than their annual mass layoffs of Marketing departments. She got an instant, how-do-I-plant-the-bomb vibe about him.
I met Ellison on a couple of occasions, since I was a key stakeholder in one of the biggest ever (public) Oracle databases in the world (think hundreds of petabytes, closing in on exabytes). The guy really is a jerk, but he has built one of the most amazing pieces of software in the world.

As someone who was intimately involved in Oracle internals, the instrumentation of the code is phenomenal - by turning on tracing you can see pretty much where every microsecond of time is going. Of course it takes a good ecosystem to run at enterprise scale, and Amazon was not willing to do that. Also, after Uncle Larry threw Marc Benioff under the bus publicly at Open World in 2011, Amazon decided, correctly, that they HAD to get off Oracle, since UL demoed his cloud offering (which wasn't really cloud) at that time, so it was clear that UL was going to have Amazon in his sights pretty soon.

It was a really interesting space to be in in the 2010s, especially with a ringside seat at Amazon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So what to see....

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once ?

or

The Northman ?

I understand the Northman has trans representation by including a cross-dressing Shaman. Which some might consider outlandish, but that's not necessarily the Finnish of things for me...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mostly peaceful protests scheduled across the US tomorrow. Participants being advised to wear masks, cover tattoos, turn of cellphone location. Told to not talk to police and given a tel # for legal representation if arrested.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Child abuse prevention org hires tranny academic who was fired last year for saying it's not immoral to be a pedo.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/johns-hop ... NYPTwitter

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Child abuse prevention org hires tranny academic who was fired last year for saying it's not immoral to be a pedo.

:roll: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Pedophilia is termed pedophilic disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), and the manual defines it as a paraphilia involving intense and recurrent sexual urges towards and fantasies about prepubescent children that have either been acted upon or which cause the person with the attraction distress or interpersonal difficulty. ....

In popular usage, the word pedophilia is often applied to any sexual interest in children or the act of child sexual abuse, including any sexual interest in minors below the local age of consent, regardless of their level of physical or mental development. This use conflates the sexual attraction to prepubescent children with the act of child sexual abuse and fails to distinguish between attraction to prepubescent and pubescent or post-pubescent minors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

The difference between thinking about committing a crime and actually doing so, between thinking about killing someone and actually doing so. Never had a thought about wanting to kill someone?

Though one might reasonably question the wisdom of hiring anyone for a position at a "Center for Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse" who apparently thinks that pedophilia is not, in fact, a rather serious "disorder".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The San Diego city council, having solved all the city's other problems, has passed a resolution to adopt a UN Women's rights convention. But on its own, added:
Discrimination against women extends to transgender women, gender nonconforming women, youth, and girls and those assigned female at birth, which includes transgender men and intersex communities; and the term "discrimination against women" includes any distinction, exclusion, or restriction on the basis of gender and sex assigned at birth.
Steerz should immediately write the city council to set them straight!

https://sdcounty.legistar.com/Legislati ... FullText=1
Stat! 😉

Though I'm not sure where that quote of yours came from. Presumably item 4 of 14 of the Ordinance ("Att A Ordinance for Implementation of CEDAW"), section 1 (Definitions), item F:
F. “Women and girls” shall mean those who identify as women and girls, including transgender women and gender non-conforming, and those assigned female at birth who include non-binary, transgender men and intersex communities.
But such a clusterfuck, such a dog's breakfast predicated on refusing to define precisely what is meant by, in particular, "woman". Absent which, membership in the category is entirely subjective - "identify as women" - and is thereby entirely useless for anything. Except serving as a bone of contention causing no end of problems with no hope or possibility of resolving the issue.

Sadly, even the ACLU is insisting on entirely subjective definitions for "man" and "woman". Although they subsequently cross the Rubicon in style, proving themselves to be crazier than shithouse rats, by denying that human beings are "sexually dimorphic and divided into males and females":
34 Proposed Intervenors deny the allegation that “it is precisely a combination of anatomy, genitalia, and physical characteristics that differentiate men from women[.]” Proposed Intervenors also deny the allegation that “human beings” are “sexually dimorphic, divided into males and females each with reproductive systems, hormones, and chromosomes that result in significant differences between men[] and women[.]”
https://reduxx.info/aclu-claims-males-f ... ourt-docs/

Although, technically speaking, "male" and "female" are not exhaustive - some third of us, at any one time, are neither.

But that rather demented perspective is hardly unique to the US since some over in the UK are in the same rather leaky boat:
My jaw hit the floor during the Stonewall discrimination trial this week when the LGBT charity’s ‘head of trans inclusion’ Kirrin Medcalf took the stand and declared: ‘Bodies are not inherently male or female. They are just their bodies.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ewall.html

Though, there again, not all bodies are male or female; some are neither. But further evidence of general scientific illiteracy. Both the ACLU and the Stonewall cretin seem to be totally clueless that we DEFINE "males" and "females" as those individuals, of all sexually-reproducing species, with either of two types of "reproductive systems". Although the standard biological definitions stipulate that those systems actually have to be functional, and that those with neither are thereby sexless:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Perhaps you should read Orwell a little more closely.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: :roll: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Ok, groomer.

Prominent trans activist celebrated by liberal press faces 16 felony charges for sexual abuse of boy

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Child abuse prevention org hires tranny academic who was fired last year for saying it's not immoral to be a pedo.

:roll: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Correction, there is a difference between pedophilia and pedoPHILES. One is the act, the other is the person committing the act. But usually they're not mutually exclusive.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Correction, there is a difference between pedophilia and pedoPHILES. One is the act, the other is the person committing the act. But usually they're not mutually exclusive.
I suppose if there's such a thing as a dry drunk, then in theory there are dry nonces.

In theory.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:11 pm
Child abuse prevention org hires tranny academic who was fired last year for saying it's not immoral to be a pedo.

It's illogical to say that it is immoral to be a pedo. It's like calling heterosexuals immoral because rape exists. The scientific consensus leans strongly toward pedophilia developing in the womb.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Pitchguest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:47 am
Steersman wrote:

That is incorrect. There is a difference between pedophiles and dirtbags who engage in sex with children.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Perhaps. Though, how so? What does that have to do with the issue under discussion?

That the colloquial term or use doesn't match the scientific or medical one is hardly justification to put much if any weight on the former. "conventional wisdom" and all that:
Conventional wisdom is not necessarily true. It is often seen as a hindrance to the acceptance of new information, and to the introduction of new theories and explanations, an obstacle that must be overcome by legitimate revisionism. That is, conventional wisdom has a property analogous to inertia that opposes the introduction of contrary belief, sometimes to the point of absurd denial of the new information or interpretation by persons strongly holding an outdated but conventional view. Since conventional wisdom is convenient, appealing, and deeply assumed by the public, this inertia can last even after many experts and/or opinion leaders have shifted to a new convention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_wisdom

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: MarcusAu wrote: ↑

Steersman wrote: ↑
You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?

Perhaps. Though, how so? What does that have to do with the issue under discussion?
For some reason the concept of punishing people for WrongThink or ThoughtCrime came to mind...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote: :roll: You know that there IS a difference between pedophilia and child molestation?
Ok, groomer.

Prominent trans activist celebrated by liberal press faces 16 felony charges for sexual abuse of boy
LoL. Ok, "Karen" ... ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)
The United States feels like a nation of Karens these days, so it’s only appropriate that the president would be the Karen in chief.

A Karen, if you’ve somehow missed the memo, is the type of person who demands to see the manager or calls the cops, like the dog owner who summoned the NYPD to Central Park after an African American man asked her to leash her dog. ....

The term is most commonly applied to middle-aged women—but why abide by that sexist standard? A man can easily be a Karen, as Donald Trump is proving this week. When Trump gets sufficiently angry about anyone who dares criticize him, he is quick to work the referees, attempting to use the force of the law to bully the critics into submission and to try to intimidate would-be critics from opening their mouths.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... gh/612193/

(Generally possible to open Atlantic articles in incognito browser windows.)

That some pedophiles are child molesters is no proof or justification at all for arguing that ALL pedophiles are such. As 3FJ put it in a relevant analogy, that some heterosexuals are rapists is no justification for suggesting or arguing that all heterosexuals so qualify.

But kind of amused, if a bit disconcerted, that so many got their knickers in a twist over my more or less throw-away comment about pedophilia while completely ignoring my more weighty comment about the ACLU and Stonewall being unclear on the concepts of "male" and "female". Particularly as the latter is, maybe arguably, of far more import with a far greater degree of consequential damage to the body politic. Unless you maybe think fucking-up a whole generation of children by gender ideology is of no consequence ...

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... ary-school

https://childprotectionresource.online/ ... where-now/

https://lisaselindavis.substack.com/p/b ... gender?s=r

https://lisaselindavis.substack.com/p/w ... -about?s=r

Of particular note in the last article:
In other words, an entire generation is learning that gender is synonymous with gender identity.
Some merit and value in the concept of "gender" itself; virtually none in "gender identity":

https://www.city-journal.org/new-study- ... 5856668952

But maybe you and far too many others here are reluctant to consider the dichotomy between the biological definitions for the sexes based on the presence of functional abilities, on the one hand, and, on the other, the structure-absent-function definitions of the so-called "social sciences" which precludes a rational critique of the ACLU & Stonewall:
"On a deeper level, the ‘patchwork’ definition of sex used in the social sciences is purely descriptive and lacks a functional rationale. This contrasts sharply with how the sexes are defined in biology. From a biological standpoint, what distinguishes the males and females of a species is the size of their gametes: males produce small gametes (e.g., sperm), females produce large gametes (e.g., eggs; Kodric-Brown & Brown, 1987)"
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... and_Gender