Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: 1) Rich and famous people like Johnny Depp live so differently than I do I have trouble even imagining it.

4) If you allow yourself to cough you tend to cough more. When you cough your body makes more mucus, If your cough is being caused by mucus you will just cough more. I have been having crazy coughing fits lately. You have to fight it. Some coughs are important to clear your lungs from disease, but when it is just mucus you need to fight it.
Sometimes, you cough so hard, you shit your husband's side of the bed. Then you have to blame it on the chihuahuas.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: the stupid chick from Minnesota. Tell her that you talked to your crew about vaxing and masks. Tell her that several of your crew were offended. That they are key people for the success of the party. You will have to find a new crew if masks/vax are required. (hopefully some of your crew are black). Tell her about the Tuskegee experiments and how one of the crew talked about it. Ask her to help if she can resolve this. Your crew is hurt and offended.
I like this strategy. And I was considering all the pranksters I know-- wondering if one would be willing to impersonate an absurd snowflake.

And then I realized I could just hire actual absurd snowflakes. Danielle Muscato. Or Gazi Kodzo ("Black Hitler"). Stephanie Zvan.

John D

Post by John D »

Fuck me... haha... our local PBS station just interviewed the leader of "The Lincoln Project" to talk about the Republican candidates. Haha.

He said the Republican party has to explode and rebuild. "He says "Mob rule doesn't win in the long run!"

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Making sure Bhurzum is aware that the Scotsman is well represented in the Depp trial.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Here, have a squirrel.
IMG_20220430_163735_064.jpg
(333.18 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

fuzzy wrote: Making sure Bhurzum is aware that the Scotsman is well represented in the Depp trial.
We Scots are like pubic lice - we irritate cunts all over the globe.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Bhurzum wrote:
fuzzy wrote: Making sure Bhurzum is aware that the Scotsman is well represented in the Depp trial.
https://youtube/iSy8S3U6nmI
Long clip, one spot e.g. "either he walked into a door, or a door walked into him" and other zingers, I shudda edit clips, also a spot where they debated the value of "he broke away" versus "so Johnny was strong enough to break away from you" ...ish

We Scots are like pubic lice - we irritate cunts all over the globe.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Anyone ever stared a petition? I'm thinking that we should try to get the bald eagle replaces a the national bird of the USA - the white head is clearly white supremacist, no?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: the national bird of the USA
This trick-cyclist from the Depp/Turd trial gets my vote as yank national bird.

Phwoooar!

/SidJamesMode

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Addendum: Note her slightly wrinkled forehead - a sure sign that she's no stranger to a spot of speeding down the Hershey highway!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: the national bird of the USA
This trick-cyclist from the Depp/Turd trial gets my vote as yank national bird.

Phwoooar!

/SidJamesMode
Believe all women!!

(Except that hawt bitch on the stand.)

John D

Post by John D »

Amber Heard's lawyers are idiots. Haha. They are posing questions that prove Depp's innocence.

After watching Viva and Barns, one thing I have learned (and was pointed out earlier on this thread)... A good lawyer always knows the answer to a question prior to it being asked.

John D

Post by John D »

Amber.... why you gotta poop on the bed!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:17 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Those biolabs were not unbeknownst to anyone. The research they are doing is not secret.
If the members of Congress were uninformed, a vague blurb buried on some obscure fed website, loosely linked to one of 10,000 line items in a funding bill, does not count as 'not unbeknownst.'

I used to scoff*, but the Deep State is real, and it's deeeep.

* My bad, having worked for the Feds, and experienced first hand the sedimentation layers of bloat, graft, incompetence, corruption, and nefarious activity.
There is no evidence of biological weapons labs in Ukraine. The issue results from Russian accusations going back years which contain no evidence. What lies were told about the funding of labs in Ukraine? The program which the US funded after the collapse of Soviet Union was by no means secret and was initially focused on cleaning up any existing research and subsequently promoting proper safety procedures regarding research with dangerous pathogens in multiple countries. Tucker Carlson's piece on the subject was incredibly disingenuous, taking the "admission" from Nuland that there was concern about materials falling into the wrong hands as proof that there were bio-weapons involved, which was a ridiculous conclusion. The whole thing stems from a typical Russian disinformation attack perpetuated by Westerners conflating biolabs with bio-weapons labs, unfounded accusations of missing materials which aren't missing at all and general lack of knowledge about the work that was being done.

The Deep State obviously exists. It would be surprising if it didn't as civil services have their own long-standing cultures which are often at odds with elected administrations. Is making un-evidenced accusations against the State because of their corruption not the same as assuming Putin of committing all evil acts he is accused of?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I don't recall if I posted this when it happened a few weeks ago. They swam past my house close to the shoreline on the way to the harbor but I missed getting a look at them, much less a photo.

The next day I went to the harbor and took a picture of what the Orcas were undoubtedly looking for on the opposite side of the causeway.
DSCN1458 (2).JPG
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
These Harbor Seals were likely on this floating breakwater as the Orcas cruised by some hundreds of yards away. If they had checked out this side it would have been interesting to see if they were able to knock them off the breakwater and make a snack of them.

ThreeFlangedJavis

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:49 am
Russian military professionalism is legendary:
Chechens are cringey. There are clips of them in action in Mariopul where they stick their weapons out to the side or over their heads and send bullets in random directions. It's the kind of thing that belongs in those "Isis fail" compilations.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:19 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What looks like a chunk of the previously rational "populist" crowd have developed an unhealthy propensity for accepting any and all anti NATO and anti Western conspiracy theories.
You ain't wrong about the large amount of edgelord noisemaking-- about-how Ukraine sold-out to the globalists/ so therefore is Putin our savior from the pedo-crats.

But I hope/suspect that the noise isn't persuasive beyond a tiny 4chan core. And that even-they don't mean it at-face-value (like a brainwashed cult would).

I think it's largely a stick in the eye-- to the braindead hivemind of Approved Opinion. Jamming the Ministry of Truth's transmission-- by flagrantly striking a pose of equal-and-opposite fucktardation... (with tongue in cheek).
I'm not that optimistic. Looks like being down on Ukraine and Putin apologetic is the new virtue signal for the self-styled politically red-pilled. They're getting more cult-like every day. Wouldn't be a concern if it wasn't for the implications of Putin winning in Ukraine. Russia is very likely opening up corridors for further advances into Eastern Europe and a likely confrontation with NATO. Putin can be stopped now in Ukraine or in an even bigger and more dangerous conflict later. The West, especially the US, navel-gazed for too long before getting serious about arming Ukraine. The propaganda pushers are even popping up on the MSM. Carlson hosted Douglas Macgregor, who has been predicting the imminent collapse of Ukraine since day one and thinks Putin should be left to it. Carlson gave him that "you're so right" reception of his.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Carlson hosted Douglas Macgregor, who has been predicting the imminent collapse of Ukraine since day one and thinks Putin should be left to it. Carlson gave him that "you're so right" reception of his.
I don't think Tucker's singing the same song as the Putin-apologists.

From Tucker I hear: "this isn't our fight, Ukraine is going to fall and we can't stop that, nuclear war with Russia should be avoided."

From the self-styled politically red-pilled I hear: "Putin is awesome, Ukraine are pedo jew faggot globalist nazis."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What lies were told about the funding of labs in Ukraine?
This lie:
The labs are owned and funded by the Ukrainian government,

The Security Service of Ukraine said the laboratories, "financed from the state budget, are subordinate to the Ministry of Health and the state service on food safety and consumer protection"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 937923001/

Tucker Carlson's piece on the subject was incredibly disingenuous, taking the "admission" from Nuland that there was concern about materials falling into the wrong hands as proof that there were bio-weapons involved, which was a ridiculous conclusion.
Deadly pathogens were definitely involved. Here's the transcript. Please cite where Carlson claims Nuland's admission is proof of weaponization of those pathogens:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... one-asking

... perpetuated by Westerners conflating biolabs with bio-weapons labs,
Who's doing the conflating?

NBC News:
Russian propaganda on Ukraine's non-existent 'biolabs' boosted by U.S. far right

... a variety of debunked conspiracy theories about biological research labs in Ukraine....

The EU:
EU says Russia reports of biolabs in Ukraine likely disinformation

Snopes:
Ukraine, US Biolabs, and an Ongoing Russian Disinformation Campaign

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Carlson hosted Douglas Macgregor, who has been predicting the imminent collapse of Ukraine since day one and thinks Putin should be left to it. Carlson gave him that "you're so right" reception of his.
You keep putting words into Carlson's mouth, and motives in his head. Transcripts for every single show are online. Quote from them verbatim.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I don't recall if I posted this when it happened a few weeks ago. They swam past my house close to the shoreline on the way to the harbor but I missed getting a look at them, much less a photo.

The next day I went to the harbor and took a picture of what the Orcas were undoubtedly looking for on the opposite side of the causeway.
DSCN1458 (2).JPG
These Harbor Seals were likely on this floating breakwater as the Orcas cruised by some hundreds of yards away. If they had checked out this side it would have been interesting to see if they were able to knock them off the breakwater and make a snack of them.
You have so many killer opportunities to get great pics where you live... color me jealous.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
You have so many killer opportunities to get great pics where you live... color me jealous.
A bit of good luck lately. I was at the eagle nest the other day and the property owner saw me with my camera approaching their fence and invited me in. I introduced myself and we had a nice chat about the nest and things. Long story short she said I can come and shoot the nest when I like to which I said thank you and I will give them a nice large print.
On top of that, their beachward neighbor, whom I have met down at the beach many times has a deck built over one of his outbuildings he uses to view the nest with. He has a great ocean view and he and his wife watch for whales and such and they have friends he phones so people can get out and get a look. I'm tempted to talk to them and see if I can access to his deck as it has a good elevated view and offer them a print for a bribe too.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:24 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What lies were told about the funding of labs in Ukraine?
This lie:
The labs are owned and funded by the Ukrainian government,

The Security Service of Ukraine said the laboratories, "financed from the state budget, are subordinate to the Ministry of Health and the state service on food safety and consumer protection"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 937923001/
Who says they aren't owned and funded by the Ukrainian govt? The US govt funded a program initially to clean up Soviet projects and subsequently to enhance safety at Ukrainian and other labs, which does not make the labs US owned, or even funded unless you really want to get pedantic.

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tucker Carlson's piece on the subject was incredibly disingenuous, taking the "admission" from Nuland that there was concern about materials falling into the wrong hands as proof that there were bio-weapons involved, which was a ridiculous conclusion.
Deadly pathogens were definitely involved. Here's the transcript. Please cite where Carlson claims Nuland's admission is proof of weaponization of those pathogens:
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... one-asking
Of course deadly pathogens were involved, otherwise there would have been no need to enhance ensure lab safety.
Try this transcript: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... iding.html
Under oath in an open committee hearing, Toria Nuland just confirmed that the Russian disinformation they've been telling us for days is a lie and a conspiracy theory and crazy and immoral to believe is, in fact, totally and completely true.

Woah, you don't hear things like that every day in Washington. Talk about a showstopper and a dozen questions instantly jump to mind. What exactly are they doing in these secret Ukrainian bio labs? Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe. It's hardly a hotbed of biomedical research. We're assuming these weren't pharmaceutical labs, probably not developing new Leukemia drugs. From your answer, Toria Nuland, we would assume because you all but said it, that there's a military application to this research, that they were working on bioweapons. Again, your answer suggests that.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
... perpetuated by Westerners conflating biolabs with bio-weapons labs,
Who's doing the conflating?
Russell Brand, for instance.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The US government gives the Ukrainian government money earmarked for these labs. Not 'pedantic' to describe that as US-funded.

It doesn't take 17 years to destroy Soviet-era pathogens. You toss them in the incinerator, then go home.

So what have they been doing in all those US-funded, Ukrainian-operated, bio-totally-not-weapons labs all these years?

Why, researching how pathogens could be weaponized and how to defend against that.

And how do you suppose one goes about figuring that out? By creating bioweapons, of course.

It's against international treaty, but everybody does it, behind the fig leaf of 'for defensive purposes only.' The US used to do it at Ft. Detrick, now we outsource the work.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:26 am
The US government gives the Ukrainian government money earmarked for these labs. Not 'pedantic' to describe that as US-funded.
The allegation was that these were US owned and funded biolabs in Ukraine. Where is the evidence they are US owned? The US funded part is used to imply that the labs are run by US money. If I were to say that my work was funded by Patreon most people would not take that to mean that Patreon funded only one aspect of my work.

[quote="Matt Cavanaugh]
It doesn't take 17 years to destroy Soviet-era pathogens. You toss them in the incinerator, then go home.
One would think npt.Who said it does?

[quote="Matt Cavanaugh
So what have they been doing in all those US-funded, Ukrainian-operated, bio-totally-not-weapons labs all these years?

Why, researching how pathogens could be weaponized and how to defend against that.

And how do you suppose one goes about figuring that out? By creating bioweapons, of course.

It's against international treaty, but everybody does it, behind the fig leaf of 'for defensive purposes only.' The US used to do it at Ft. Detrick, now we outsource the work.
Not really interested in getting tied up with motivated speculations about what biolabs in Ukraine were working on. How about doing some digging and reading up on what research they were doing?

As a starter, Dr Gigi Gronvall at John's Hopkins:
"Most of the work of the Ukraine labs today, Gronvall said, involves surveillance of diseases in animals and people as an early-warning system for illnesses such as African swine fever, which is endemic in the region."

ThreeFlangedJavis

Note to self: Don't click Submit button when you mean to preview.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 10:26 am
The allegation was that these were US owned and funded biolabs in Ukraine. Where is the evidence they are US owned? The US funded part is used to imply that the labs are run by US money. If I were to say that my work was funded by Patreon most people would not take that to mean that Patreon funded only one aspect of my work.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: It doesn't take 17 years to destroy Soviet-era pathogens. You toss them in the incinerator, then go home.
One would think not.Who said it does?
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So what have they been doing in all those US-funded, Ukrainian-operated, bio-totally-not-weapons labs all these years?

Not really interested in getting tied up with motivated speculations about what biolabs in Ukraine were working on. How about doing some digging and reading up on what research they were doing?

"Most of the work of the Ukraine labs today, Gronvall said, involves surveillance of diseases in animals and people as an early-warning system for illnesses such as African swine fever, which is endemic in the region."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ANOTHER fire at a food processing plant:

https://www.wtkr.com/news/chesapeake-fi ... s-facility

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The allegation was that these were US owned and funded biolabs in Ukraine.
No, that was the straw man allegation. The boolean AND allowed them to prima facie truthfully deny it -- until the funding part was definitely confirmed.

Why do the Ukrainians need two dozen former Soviet bioweapons labs to study swine fever, and why are several of them run by the Pentagon's Defense Threat Reduction Agency?

C'mon, don't be naive. The US was researching bioweapons -- doesn't matter if they label it 'for defensive purposes only' -- In violation of international treaty. They were hiding it behind livestock disease programs in a faraway country, just like the PLA hides their bioweapon research behind the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The Russians seizing the labs scarred the deep staters shitless, so they mobilized their flying monkeys in the MSM to declare it QANON CONSPIRACY THEORY! Doesn't help that one of Hunter Biden's many shell corporations was involved, as was the notorious EcoHealth Alliance.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I was lurking in a dark office today & this healthy guy landed in the airshaft, a foot from my face.

As we looked-each other over, I remembered the time-- back in the 90's-- when a colorful male pheasant huddled for a week-- in a little 10' square patch of grass, between two buildings in Soho. I was a bike messenger for a company on the ground floor. Our dispatchers kept the back door to the grass patch open-all day... they'd smoke & lift weights back there. Some of the city guys thought it was incredibly exotic. The immigrants wanted to eat it. The bird rested-up, then eventually went on his way.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: As we looked-each other over, I remembered the time-- back in the 90's-- when a colorful male pheasant huddled for a week-- in a little 10' square patch of grass, between two buildings in Soho. I was a bike messenger for a company on the ground floor. Our dispatchers kept the back door to the grass patch open-all day... they'd smoke & lift weights back there. Some of the city guys thought it was incredibly exotic. The immigrants wanted to eat it. The bird rested-up, then eventually went on his way.
All the birds in your life are invasive species.... haha. House Sparrows, Rock doves, and Pheasants. You need to get out of the city. One of these days you will spot a parrot.

John D

Post by John D »

Fuck. A great night. I need to make peace with all these people around me.... look to the best in people.

So... the story of the cat. I payed a vet bill of $2500 to save one of my daughter's lovers cats. The beast was going to die so I said yes.

Today, said lover sent me an art piece "they" did. It depicted my two favorite dogs in the scene from Lady and the Tramp. It is the "Bella Notte" scene in the movie, except the dogs are cartoon depictions of my dogs. They look great. A very very delightful thing for me. A marvel really.

Said "they" lover wants to pay me back and I said take your time. I am not in a rush, but debts lead to bad feelings... and we don't want that.

and so then I took a journey. Posts are below. First is the Bella Notte song from Lady and the Tramp. The Lyrics are by Peggy Lee. Next is the Peggy Lee version of Bella Notte... beautiful one track recording... god these performers were good. Next is the Grammy award winning "Is That All There Is?" performed by Peggy Lee. This song is orchestrated by Randy Newman. It is so strange and bleak. It is one of those songs that affected me when I was 7 years old.

My wife finds this all to be very irritating. She is watching TV.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: One of these days you will spot a parrot.
Oh, I've already seen a parrot... eating a buffalo wild wing... holding it with one foot & lifting it to his face like a drumstick!, like the one on the fence, here:

It was one of the little green ones... who live in the stadium lights above the Brooklyn College astroturf field. There are hundreds of them, in nests like this:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Democrats are in full-court press to start a war with Russia. They talk like we already are at war.

The Bundeswehr has declared it will not train Ukrainian soldiers, as it considers that an act of war. FYI, the US military is training Ukrainian soldiers on German soil.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha dog… all your wild birds are invasive and non-native… just like everything in NY

John D

Post by John D »

PS… the parrot comment was a bit of a setup… I have already read about the ferrel parrot population in NYC. Really fun and interesting.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Roe is dead. Draft of SC ruling leaked to Politico:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/0 ... f-00029504

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:44 pm
PS… the parrot comment was a bit of a setup… I have already read about the ferrel parrot population in NYC. Really fun and interesting.
In England, it seems Humphrey Bogart or Jimi Hendrix are to blame. (Though up to this point I had not thought of them as an invasive species).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_par ... at_Britain

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Roe is dead. Draft of SC ruling leaked to Politico:

Wooo hoooo ! What fun watching the left and the right screaming! The court announced that this is a real document... not a fake. Friends of mine posting rants: "Men should have no control over women's bodies!" I am totally apathetic about abortion at this point in my life. It is a non-solvable problem. I have held every possible opinion about abortion over my life. Every one of my options must have been wrong. Let the games begin.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

John D wrote: Wooo hoooo ! What fun watching the left and the right screaming! The court announced that this is a real document... not a fake. Friends of mine posting rants: "Men should have no control over women's bodies!" I am totally apathetic about abortion at this point in my life. It is a non-solvable problem. I have held every possible opinion about abortion over my life. Every one of my options must have been wrong. Let the games begin.
As I understand things, congress has the power to legalise abortion nationally. They have chosen for decades not to exercise this power and to rely on a rather odd piece of legal reasoning by which a right to an abortion comes as a result of a right to privacy which is read into the due-process clause of the fourteenth amendment.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:

Wooo hoooo ! What fun watching the left and the right screaming! The court announced that this is a real document... not a fake. Friends of mine posting rants: "Men should have no control over women's bodies!" I am totally apathetic about abortion at this point in my life. It is a non-solvable problem. I have held every possible opinion about abortion over my life. Every one of my options must have been wrong. Let the games begin.
I actually like no restrictions pre-viability + considerable restriction pos-viability. But Roe was garbage case law. The Left hate the Constitution .

The fallout from the leak should be :popcorn: Leaker was among 9 justices & 36 clerks. It's a federal felony. Had to have been one of Sotomayor's.

It also shows just how desperate and dangerous the Dems are right now. That, and they hate the SC unless it will rubber-stamp their agenda.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Anyone following the Alec Baldwin situation who isn't watching these guys has been missing out.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Walking outta work yesterday, caught this sight...

Spider Men At Work:

Then-- half-a-block later-- I happened to catch the moment of transition-- from stained-glass to misty white:

Today-- another day of hiding-from-work in a dark office/ another Columbidae in the airshaft:

Despite all the expensive design, lighting, decor & florist talent... involved in the party... the best-lookin' arrangement I've seen so far... is the excess flowers in buckets... in natural light... in a grey little storage sideroom. Looks like a dutch master still life, to me:

the lighting fixtures look great-- installed. But I also like the spare parts, hanging from a rolling garment rack:

but I'm an easy critic. I even like the fire stairs.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

See? I'm not really an uncultured caveman.

Honestly.

free thoughtpolice

We know what you really like.

Me too, but I think it needs more bagpipes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fegg wrote: As I understand things, congress has the power to legalise abortion nationally. They have chosen for decades not to exercise this power and to rely on a rather odd piece of legal reasoning by which a right to an abortion comes as a result of a right to privacy which is read into the due-process clause of the fourteenth amendment.
Griswold v. Connecticut (1965) found a right to privacy (in its case, contraceptive use) implied by 3A, 4A, & 5A, while 9A states that the list of enumerated rights in the Constitution is not exclusive, i.e., other putative rights may exist out there.

Roe extrapolated that the right to privacy extended from whether to make a baby, to whether to keep that baby. It was a dogshit argument and judicial overreach, and everyone's known it all along.

Congress could in theory legislate the mechanisms Roe established, but there have never been the votes. Now that ghoul Schumer is promising a floor vote in the Senate (the House passed it last year), but he doesn't have the votes. For, despite all the screaming and raging, most of America was never enamored of Roe, and is now repulsed by the Dems insistence on legalizing abortion up to the moment of birth -- or even beyond. Several Dem senators up for reelection know a yea vote would sink them.

All this bluster, and the leak itself, is part of a coordinated campaign (ghost gun bans, lamentations over 'don't say gay', forgiving student loans) to motivate the Dems' left wing base, which is apathetic due to Biden. It's a desperate, risky strategy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

^ note: a minority opinion in Roe cited 14A, but that's what the pro choice advocates mindlessly cite.

John D

Post by John D »

I kind of like Tucker. Whatever.

John D

Post by John D »

Mourning Dove... wow... that is actually a native species.

My House Wren showed up today. A bouncing and bobbing delight who greets me with song in the morning.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:

See? I'm not really an uncultured caveman.

Honestly.
Fucking hell. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I am a bit of a singer and have excellent pitch and a decent voice. So... well... I can spot perfection. Haha... two nights ago my wife and I watched Mulan Rouge and she said "I don't know why you pick on Nicole Kidman's singing." and I say... "She only sings at the top of her head so she is very mousy, she has shit for a vibrato with no control, she has a very small range, and she is auto tuned." and my wife says... "well she sounds fine to me." Haha. My wife can barely sing a note. Singing is not something we share.

I have watched this three times and I cry every time. My daughter thinks this is a sign of my autism. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

Make that four times... and I cry more every time. It is sublime... like touching god. Their matching vibrato, perfect timing, perfect pitch, perfect volume match. Almost unbelievable. The richness of the mezzo... like her voice is all the way down her lungs. I will listen to this every day for a month. My new fantasy as I drift off to sleep is going to be Marianne Crebassa singing me a lullaby.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:

"non-solvable problem", indeed.

Though much of that is due to dogmatic insistence on highly questionable premises and untenable "unexamined assumptions".

That "no control over women's bodies" being a case in point. Many countries have or have had the draft which is clearly a case of society having "control over men's bodies", to the extent of putting them in harm's way. Not quite sure why women think they're better than men on that score.

In a similar vein - or "vain" as the the case may be - is the "my body, my choice". Except that there are quite fatal consequences for bodies not of their bodies, fetuses being genetically distinct entities, rather more than a wart to be excised with as few qualms.

And if what is to be countenanced or endorsed is little short of murder then pre-birth or post-birth - up to the age of 30? - "execution" seems a minor quibble. Though not quite sure what "crime" the fetus or baby has committed to justify that sentence. As Oscar Wilde put it, when asked by some dame what was the essential difference between men and women, "Of that, madam, I cannot conceive."

Still, a serious problem - some 900k abortions per year in the US. The prognosis does not look encouraging, particularly given the dearth of intellectual honesty.

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote:
John D wrote:

"non-solvable problem", indeed.

Though much of that is due to dogmatic insistence on highly questionable premises and untenable "unexamined assumptions".

That "no control over women's bodies" being a case in point. Many countries have or have had the draft which is clearly a case of society having "control over men's bodies", to the extent of putting them in harm's way. Not quite sure why women think they're better than men on that score.

In a similar vein - or "vain" as the the case may be - is the "my body, my choice". Except that there are quite fatal consequences for bodies not of their bodies, fetuses being genetically distinct entities, rather more than a wart to be excised with as few qualms.

And if what is to be countenanced or endorsed is little short of murder then pre-birth or post-birth - up to the age of 30? - "execution" seems a minor quibble. Though not quite sure what "crime" the fetus or baby has committed to justify that sentence. As Oscar Wilde put it, when asked by some dame what was the essential difference between men and women, "Of that, madam, I cannot conceive."

Still, a serious problem - some 900k abortions per year in the US. The prognosis does not look encouraging, particularly given the dearth of intellectual honesty.
Your comment reminds me of the time I was discussing abortion with friends. And I puzzled... something like... I don't know the perfect solution. My friend shouted "HER BODY HER CHOICE!" So my question to him was a hypothetical... "If a woman has a scheduled c-section birth on Wednesday is it still okay for her to have an abortion on Tuesday?" I wanted to pose the most absurd question possible. He still shouted "HER BODY HER CHOICE." For various reasons our friendship has been strained lately. He is not the kind of guy that likes to say "I don't know."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: He still shouted "HER BODY HER CHOICE."
Well, it was always intended for Newspeak to eventually be replaced by Duckspeak.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:56 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The allegation was that these were US owned and funded biolabs in Ukraine.
No, that was the straw man allegation. The boolean AND allowed them to prima facie truthfully deny it -- until the funding part was definitely confirmed.

Why do the Ukrainians need two dozen former Soviet bioweapons labs to study swine fever, and why are several of them run by the Pentagon's Defense Threat Reduction Agency?

C'mon, don't be naive. The US was researching bioweapons -- doesn't matter if they label it 'for defensive purposes only' -- In violation of international treaty. They were hiding it behind livestock disease programs in a faraway country, just like the PLA hides their bioweapon research behind the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The Russians seizing the labs scarred the deep staters shitless, so they mobilized their flying monkeys in the MSM to declare it QANON CONSPIRACY THEORY! Doesn't help that one of Hunter Biden's many shell corporations was involved, as was the notorious EcoHealth Alliance.
Speculation. The Russians get good value out of their shit-stirring.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So very disappointed that Joy Behar is refusing to have sex with me over Roe v. Wade.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So very disappointed that Joy Behar is refusing to have sex with me over Roe v. Wade.
It’s not that. It’s just that you’re…um…the wrong species.