Boy, was Avicenna wrong in the end!!!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Boy, was Avicenna wrong in the end!!!

Post by Lsuoma »

My emphasis below. Guess he never heard of Hunny Bunny...
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Avicenna Last <amilliongodsblog@gmail.com> wrote:
I got slymepitters asking me "You may want to ask PZ Myers about"

1. Chris Rodda

2. Apparently you said shit about Warhammer and that isn't kosher so check yourself before I roll to see if you wreck yourself (I play Warhammer *waves*)

3. That I should emigrate to the UK because of my anti-freedom of speech

Yeah I don't think the Slymepitters have ever paid attention to who or what I am

But yeah the Chris Rodda thing is apparently a super duper conspiracy and we have captured Chris in the Phantom Zone or something.

Unless? There is a secret FTB mailing list for the Council of Doom that has done so...

A

Steersman

Re: Boy, was Avicenna wrong in the end!!!

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:13 pm
My emphasis below. Guess he never heard of Hunny Bunny...
On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Avicenna Last <amilliongodsblog@gmail.com> wrote:
I got slymepitters asking me "You may want to ask PZ Myers about"

1. Chris Rodda

2. Apparently you said shit about Warhammer and that isn't kosher so check yourself before I roll to see if you wreck yourself (I play Warhammer *waves*)

3. That I should emigrate to the UK because of my anti-freedom of speech

Yeah I don't think the Slymepitters have ever paid attention to who or what I am

But yeah the Chris Rodda thing is apparently a super duper conspiracy and we have captured Chris in the Phantom Zone or something.

Unless? There is a secret FTB mailing list for the Council of Doom that has done so...

A
:-)

http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 60#p216872
HunnyBunny wrote:

<snip>

In his post here http://web.archive.org/web/201409171228 ... ter-pride/ he is in Manchester, at the Gay Pride parade. This was the end of August. which perplexed me, because I think it was a week or so before Peezus mentioned on his blog that Avi had been conducting an autopsy in India on a rape victim. There seemed to be no follow-up confirmation of the autopsy by Avilicious

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Busting Avicenna was one of the best takedowns evah! Hunny Bunny, et al. did a stupendous job.

The best for me, though, was watching Hemant Mehta die a little inside when she had to admit the vile Pitters were right.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Indeed, some of the Pit's Greatest Hits!

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Dear Avi, achievement earned: Underestimated bored Pitters with an ability to google.

His ego lives on. If only he had read the Rational Wiki entry for the Pit "Think 4chan but obsessed with a very small number of people."

Lets remember the most excellent artwork Avi inspired:

Ape+:

Jan Steen:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Poor Avicenna was always suffering tragedies. Like when thugees broke into his hovel, stole all the meds he'd stolen from the hospital to give to the Untouchables, stabbing his dog in the process. He was too shaken to answer any of my questions about the details of the incident.

I wonder if Avicenna ever got that new laptop?

https://the-orbit.net/greta/2013/01/24/ ... as-laptop/
You may know Avicenna at A Million Gods. If not, you should. He joined Freethought Blogs not that long ago, and has quickly become one of our most badass bloggers. (Of course, we’re all pretty badass around here…) He’s been doing amazing writing on rape culture in India, among many many many other things.

Anyway. Avicenna’s laptop just bit the dust, and he needs a new one. He won’t be able to blog hardly at all without a working laptop. So he’s doing a fundraiser for it. Although he’s spouting some line about how he could probably manage without one if he does all his email at an Internet cafe or something, and how he feels odd about asking for help for something as silly as a laptop.

Please go tell him, “We love your blogging, we value your blogging, we are willing and indeed happy to help pay for a new laptop so you can blog all you want.”

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

PZ Myers wrote:It’s hazardous duty, writing on FreethoughtBlogs. There’s a small squad of vicious trolls waiting to make up stories about you, and the latest target of their venom is Avicenna. It’s gotten ridiculous: the myth they repeat over and over again is that he’s constantly lying on his blog. The latest “evidence” is that some of the email from haters that he has posted can also be found on public sites.

I hate to be the one to break the terrible news to you, but trolls are the most uncreative, tedious people you’ll ever encounter. I get lots of hate mail, too, and one thing you’ll discover is that they typically aren’t bright enough to write something on their own, so they’ll just copy and paste some other rant they find, or they’ll write one grand essay they’re very proud of and they’ll spam it everywhere.

So to announce that because they found duplicate copies of some incoherent angry rage-mail means pretty much nothing. It definitely is not evidence that Avi is making stuff up.

For the record, I’ve personally met Avicenna, and I know his real name, making me a million times more informed than these wankers. And yes, he is what he says he is.
https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... -avicenna/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:22 am
Dear Avi, achievement earned: Underestimated bored Pitters with an ability to google.

His ego lives on. If only he had read the Rational Wiki entry for the Pit "Think 4chan but obsessed with a very small number of people."

Lets remember the most excellent artwork Avi inspired:

Ape+:

https://i.imgur.com/yhOGco8.jpeg

Jan Steen:

https://i.imgur.com/CP1PgPe.jpeg
Rhoda - I don't get no respect - Dangerfield, Pit Sleuth, "une personne extraordinaire!" ;-)

Though you certainly wound up with a bunch - quite justifiably so - for unhorsing Avicenna. What "we" really need is a Rogue's Gallery of Woke Wankers, and PZ and most, though not all, of his merry band deserve star billing, a notable exception being Anjuli Pandavar. Would be interesting if there was any back-chatter on that rather shameful episode - of many - in PZ's peregrinations.

Somewhat apropos of Service Dog's recent post about Maajid Nawaz, I'm reminded of her post about him, Sam Harris, and how much of the West was "sleepwalking into a nightmare" over it's response to Islam. That and similar arguments probably didn't endear her much to PZ and his echo chamber. Nor her arguments - substantially ahead the curve - that blacks could also be racist :shock: :roll:

One of the few bloggers over there who had their heads screwed on right. Though she and I parted company - or at least agreed to disgree - over my argument that to have a sex is to have functional gonads. I know, hard to believe, eh? ;-)