Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Omit any one of that sequence, and she doesn't die.
Well, she does. Most likely not on the set of "Rust", though.
https://media.patriots.win/post/ehTpqv5M.jpeg
Even healthier for you than Day-Lea Yogurt!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Guns don't kill people...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Crew had been target practicing with the prop guns. Live ammo found on set intermingled with blanks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AD had history of unsafe practices on sets. No safety meetings, no fire lanes, once kept cameras rolling during a medical emergency involving a crew member.

These latest revelations from TMZ.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote: Guns don't kill people...
Neither does fast food. It’s the excessive consumption.

“All things in moderation”, exercise your personal agency, - this is ‘old lie’ peddled by Coke.

In reality there is a mixture of base and immediate causes. Poorly handled, unregulated guns kill people just as surely as ultra-processed, highly engineered food does. Or so says an increasing majority of western adults.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:58 am
If guns can’t be rendered relatively safe by design then two salient facts remain.

1. They are innately dangerous, far more so than (say) a chainsaw,
With firearms and chainsaws, safety features can be added, but both will remain inherently dangerous.

easy access to such buggerising implements should logically be on a demonstrated ‘need to have’ or controlled ‘safe to have’ basis.
Why this for a gun, but not a chainsaw, or a horse, or an automobile, all of which are inherently dangerous and potentially fatal?

2. Short of built-in idiot-proofing, only a paranoid and ingrained safety culture offsets the inherent risk. This culture is not invented out of thin air.
The culture I interact with is fastidious about safety. That's prudent, not paranoid.

The universal denouncement of Baldwin by the gun 'community' is that he violated all four of the Four Rules of Firearms Safety. He co-wrote a script with a lot of guns in it; including the scene he was rehearsing. He therefore had a heightened duty to educate himself. Ironically, the NRA, against which Baldwin engaged in activism, offers many resources and training programs that could've helped him.

Easy, unearned access to weapons is stupid.
No right needs to be earned.

But remind me, what are the technical pre-reqs for getting your hands on a weapon?
About the same as for getting a driver's license. I'd say a 16yo novice operating a fast-moving 5000 lb projectile on the public roads poses far greater risk than an adult with a Glock in his bedroom.

Clearly there was zero safety culture on that set. But I hardly think this is some sort of bizarre exception to the rule.

Again I can only draw on my experience in the Reserves.[...]
What you describe of your basic training closely resembles the official movie industry protocol for handling firearms on sets. All film shoots are chaotic, but all the stage crew I've ever talked to were very serious about doing their job properly and safely. RUST was a extremely low-budget production which was cutting corners all across the board, and came apart at the seams with a crew mutiny hours before the incident. A psycho director or asshole lead can be toxic.

How exactly does society expect a similar wrapper of responsibility to arise when the bar to beat is err … to demonstrate you’re not already declared clinically insane and/or possess a felony? Meh. Madness.
Yet somehow, with 400 million guns in the US, and one in probably half of all homes, there are only <400 deaths per year from accidental or negligent discharges. And most of those are urban teens goofing with unlawfully-possessed guns. Only about two dozen are the stereotypical 'hunting accidents.'

Ordinary folks aren't all irresponsible cretins who need the constant supervision of smarter and wiser Overlords.
1. It’s harder to be licensed to drive than it is to own a semi automatic weapon engineered for high capacity rapid (albeit semiauto) fire. Go figure. Chadian saws are dangerous, they tend not to “go off” unexpectedly because someone fucked up.

2. Paranoid safety is prudent safety. The opening premise should always be that the gun is trying to fire itself at someone - just to jerk us around... The simple existence of rules is meaningless if they aren’t instilled into the user through required training and prescription. But that’s tedious eh? Baldwin didn’t just have a responsibility to educate himself. Society had the duty of requiring he educated himself before giving him the keys to daddy’s hot-rod.

3. Some rights have required pre-requisite reciprocal responsibilities. Running around with a weapon may be a talisman “right” in the United States. Not being an uneducated jerk about it feeds into my right to enjoy life. Maybe that “well regulated militia” 😂 comes implicit with a high degree of training and weapons handling skills. Seems reasonable. I’m not sure how Baldwin fitted into the militia paradigm, but he was certainly a Gomer Pyle.

4. Re cars. I don’t know about the states, but here we have to take a written drivers test. We have to demonstrated a number of hours of professional tuition. We need to log 100 hours with a licensed driver. We have to pass a practical driving test. We then have a limited provisional licence for a year or two that will be lost will any transgression. If this is the benchmark you support for owning a weapon, then yes, we are in agreement.

5. I can’t get the video out of my mind of a child firing a machine gun at the range and losing control of it - with fatal consequences. 77% of accidental gun fatalities occur in the home. Over the 10 years 2016-2016 nearly 7000 people died in unintentional shootings. I guess a statistic is a statistic. Until it isn’t.

6. You don’t need to be an ‘irresponsible cretin’ to mishandle machinery. You just need to be momentarily inattentive, untrained or unpracticed. Or, maybe, be a child.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Meh typos. I’ll wear my glasses next time.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: easy access ... should logically be on a demonstrated ‘need to have’ or controlled ‘safe to have’ basis.
Brive1987 wrote: Or so says an increasing majority of western adults.
Adults. haw!

I don't think much of the globalist health bureaucrats, nor Joe Dronebomber Biden & Korrupt Kop Kamala, nor their attorney general telling the FBI to treat concerned parents as domestic terrorists, nor the test-run they're running in California, nor Big Tech, Big Pharma, Fake News, dancing nurses & teachers unions, nor the prosecutors & judges who let BLM & Antifa & MS-13 & garden-variety George Floyd street niggers demolish neighborhoods. Add to that Nancy Pelosi & the Capitol Police, Schiff, Bill Barr, Maxine Waters, the Squad, Bernie, Liz Cheney, Late-stage Dubya, Late-stage Obama, Late-stage Hillary and Epstein didn't kill himself.

The "adults" to-whom Brive proposes we "demonstrate" our "need to have" firearms... refuse to prosecute Hunter Biden for his gun violations, and just gave half a million guns and bombs to the Taliban. Yet they treat Kyle Rittenhouse as public enemy #1.

Alec Baldwin was literally the eminent anti-gun-activist & serious-adult who the deplorable gun-owners were supposed-to conform-to.

--

Briveposts are as satisfying as Power Washing compilation videos. "Mmmm... thorough."

But all these words about driver's license vs. gun... activate action scenes from Mad Max movies in my skull.

--

When people tell me how they think the world ought to work-- my go-to response is _not_ to respond with my own grand scheme of things... as if our opinions will battle-it-out & settle the matter darwin-style.

I prefer to accept their premise & delve-into apparent internal-contradictions... and difficult edge-cases... within their premise.

In this case, Brive, I see a glaring contradiction between your renegade views on diet-- vs. your orthodox views on Covid-policy. Seems to me that the same authorities & institutions which force-fed us shitty diets-- are also feeding us today's price-fixe menu of lockdowns, jabs, censorship, passports, mass-firings, deprivation of due process... and gun confiscation.

I prefer to dine a la carte.

I also see a contradiction-- between you treating American ideas about Gun Rights as an invasive species... destructive if exported to Australia. Versus your full-speed-ahead opinionating on American gun-stuff. I'm not saying you should shut-up... I very much welcome your articulate dissent. But... do you see the hint of self-contradiction?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Two more weeks-- until the 6-month wake-up call Lsuoma requested in May-- regarding inflation:
Lsuoma wrote ↑
"Yawn. Call me when it's sustained over 3-6-9 months."
https://media.patriots.win/post/FOl5Bfz5.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Beaver is proud to create two classes -- one, the vaxxed, with privileges, the other, unvaxxed, without any:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:17 pm
4. Re cars. I don’t know about the states, but here we have to take a written drivers test. We have to demonstrated a number of hours of professional tuition. We need to log 100 hours with a licensed driver. We have to pass a practical driving test. We then have a limited provisional licence for a year or two that will be lost will any transgression. If this is the benchmark you support for owning a weapon, then yes, we are in agreement.
Australian's ability to travel unrestricted and possibly their options for employment seem heavily dependent on the whim of any malicious traffic cops in the neighbourhood. Here the penalty is a R50 on the spot payment without any time wasted on paperwork. At least it used to be, probably R100 or more now. Protocol must be observed though. You don't initiate negotiations because you'd be implying corruption and that would just be offensive and racist. Proper protocol is to ensure that money is in clear view as you retrieve your license card from your wallet. At this point you may be lectured on the seriousness of your minor infraction and informed of the possibility of your motor being impounded. Don't know why though, you still get away with the normal fee. So yes we have our own set of rules to be observed, but Oz does seem to be a nation of Rulebound Reggies by comparison.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Brive1987 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 am
I don’t know about the states, but here we have to take a written drivers test. We have to demonstrate a number of hours of professional tuition. We need to log 100 hours with a licensed driver. We have to pass a practical driving test. We then have a limited provisional license for a year or two...
...and then you're confined to your homes indefinitely. :dance:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Man Rams Car into Crowd Protesting Coronavirus Vaccine Mandates
25 Oct 2021
A man is in custody after he drove his car into a group of people protesting coronavirus vaccine mandates in Southern California.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... -mandates/

Police have not released the identity of which specific Baldwin brother was behind the wheel.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hollywood Reporter: “How are your gun slinging and horse-riding skills?

Alec Baldwin: “They’re always at the ready. I’m an actor of the old school. So if you read my resume — my motorcycle riding, my French, juggling, my horseback riding, my gunplay — is all right at my fingertips at all times.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20211025191 ... d-1298939/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It’s harder to be licensed to drive than it is to own a semi automatic weapon
No, it's not. See below.

Chadian saws are dangerous
We learned in school about the Chadian Saw, which Alexander used to cut the Gordian Knot.

they tend not to “go off” unexpectedly because someone fucked up.
Uhh, I once met a forester who could count to twelve using his fingers and toes.

The simple existence of rules is meaningless if they aren’t instilled into the user through required training and prescription. But that’s tedious eh?
100 million gun owners, of whom only two dozen a year manage to mistake their grandson for a deer or brother for a squirrel [both true cases in 2019]. Res ipsa loquitur.

Baldwin didn’t just have a responsibility to educate himself. Society had the duty of requiring he educated himself before giving him the keys to daddy’s hot-rod.
Baldwin's the kind of willfully ignorant dickhead who never gets invited on another quail hunt, and who'd be frog-marched off of any range in about three minutes.

Some rights have required pre-requisite reciprocal responsibilities.
No. One may forfeit one's rights through criminal acts, but no right has prerequisites or strings attached.

Running around with a weapon may be a talisman “right” in the United States. Not being an uneducated jerk about it feeds into my right to enjoy life.
The right to keep and bear arms is a for-real right, sans* scare quotes. No one has the right to engage in negligent or reckless behavior of any sort that endangers others.

Maybe that “well regulated militia” comes implicit with a high degree of training and weapons handling skills. Seems reasonable. I’m not sure how Baldwin fitted into the militia paradigm
"Well-regulated" means 'properly functioning'. The People are the militia. Therefore, the People must be proficient in the use of firearms.

Re cars. I don’t know about the states, but here we have to take a written drivers test. We have to demonstrated a number of hours of professional tuition. We need to log 100 hours with a licensed driver. We have to pass a practical driving test. We then have a limited provisional licence for a year or two that will be lost will any transgression. If this is the benchmark you support for owning a weapon, then yes, we are in agreement.
Car: written test of 25 questions selected from 100 which are provided, with answers, in a study guide. 20 correct to pass. For first timers, short test behind the wheel: start ignition, put into gear, turn signals, reverse 30'. Back East, you also had to parallel park. Easy eye test, read four large letters on a sign. License issued to anyone, including illegal aliens.

Gun: First time, written test of 50 questions, provided, with answers, in a study guide. 47 correct to pass. Then you get an 'I passed' card. Every time, using snap caps, must show salesperson you can load, dry fire, unload, and safely handle. FBI background check. In CA, ten day 'cooling off' wait until you can have your gun.

77% of accidental gun fatalities occur in the home. Over the 10 years 2016-2016 nearly 7000 people died in unintentional shootings.
I went through every single entry for 2019 in the Gun Violence Archive DB. The vast majority were mostly black teens playing with a gun they'd stolen, or an illegal one they'd found in the house. Nearly all because they didn't know that dropping the mag on a semi doesn't unload it.

Aside from cracking down on illegal guns, why not teach the basics of firearms safety in schools? Maybe adult ed, too, for, like, actors?

*My French is always at the ready.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: At least it used to be, probably R100 or more now. Protocol must be observed though. You don't initiate negotiations because you'd be implying corruption and that would just be offensive and racist. Proper protocol is to ensure that money is in clear view as you retrieve your license card from your wallet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Based on the information we've been discussing that's come to light, Branca now believes it's a slam-dunk felony involuntary manslaughter for Baldwin. Barring oligarch meddling, of course:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Based on the information we've been discussing that's come to light, Branca now believes it's a slam-dunk felony involuntary manslaughter for Baldwin. Barring oligarch meddling, of course:

Aaaaaaand... it's gone.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Pitchguest wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Based on the information we've been discussing that's come to light, Branca now believes it's a slam-dunk felony involuntary manslaughter for Baldwin. Barring oligarch meddling, of course:

Aaaaaaand... it's gone.
And it's back! Weird. Redirected me to the website when I clicked the video just then.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Meh typos. I’ll wear my glasses next time.
Or you could ... like, use your edit button?

(unless you are too lazy to bother ... or, perish the thought ... yours does not work?)

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Set member tells @HumanEvents the armorist for the Alec Baldwin movie had asked prop master to check gun for blanks by 'shaking it around and listening for a rattling sound' before handing to Baldwin.
I came across this clip which shows that because crimped blanks look unrealistic, for some scenes they'll [also?] use empty but capped shells, into which they place a bee-bee so they can be checked by shaking.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
Set member tells @HumanEvents the armorist for the Alec Baldwin movie had asked prop master to check gun for blanks by 'shaking it around and listening for a rattling sound' before handing to Baldwin.
I came across this clip which shows that because crimped blanks look unrealistic, for some scenes they'll [also?] use empty but capped shells, into which they place a bee-bee so they can be checked by shaking.
It's awesome and scary how the propaganda machine has so quickly and uniformly swung into action to blame everyone but Baldwin.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today:

Every day now, there's slashings in the blocks nears me, and down in the subway. A delivery guy stabbed for his electric bicycle.

Last week a 16 year old was shot dead in the face, a bystander in the leg. People on the sidewalk fled into a movie theater lobby-- where the staff attempted to demand they show proof of Covid vaccination. Reported quote: "I''ve got more important things to worry about right now!"

Several weeks ago-- passersby reported a homeless guy with a hatchet-- at night in a bank's ATM atrium. Cops didn't respond.

A few days ago, from morning into night, police set-up an usual checkpoint to stop motorcycles coming-off the bridge from Brooklyn. The way they arranged barricades & manpower seemed like a 3rd world checkpoint. The cops wouldn't let residents walk home on our own block. "If I let you cross-- everyone will want to." (Motorcycle deaths doubled in the last year, most involving a crash with no other vehicles.) A female cop was struck by a fleeing motorcycle.

A few days earlier, this old lady collapsed on the same corner & I watched the cops arrive. The way the cops fidgeted & milled-around... they looked like disoriented tourists. I don't know if they lacked confidence in handling the woman-- or if they were freaked-out by all the walking dead junkies & homeless.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A few days ago, this graffiti-covered short bus pulled-up to a nearby block-- and barricaded it. Then some hippies in safety-yellow dork-vests unloaded folding tables & busted used shoes + clothing. Scrawled signs said it was a 'free store' for 'Christmas shopping'. They didn't clean-up the underlying mess before they set-up shop... they just added to it. Vagrants would wander by-- take items-- carry them partway down the block... then just drop the items & wander away.

Spilled ravioli sauce & surgical masks. Yuck.

Who were those hippies? Who knows. Maybe this is what actually reached the street-- from the missing $900 Million in aid money, administered by the mayor's chimp wife.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis

There's been a bit of excitement in insurrection hunter circles about a Rolling Stone article featuring informants giving the inside scoop on Trump's evil plotting. My assumption at this stage is that there is some political coordination here and the objective is to justify the Jan 6th investigation going into the financial affairs of an ever widening target pool. It's quite likely that they hope to be able to shut down the money behind organisations like Project Veritas. It's an all too familiar Democrat tactic. Why don't they just set up a permanent committee or a govt department to fish for dirt on conservatives? On hearing about the Rolling Stone article my first thought was that this was reminiscent of Blasey-Ford, Col Vindman and such like. It's even weaker than that. The article is written to create the impression up front that witnesses have linked Trump to planning of the violence, but there is no claim of any wrongdoing in the article.
[bbvideo][/bbvideo]

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why don't they just set up a permanent committee or a govt department to fish for dirt on conservatives?
Isn't that what the IRS, FBI, CIA etc are for?

ThreeFlangedJavis

fafnir wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:08 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why don't they just set up a permanent committee or a govt department to fish for dirt on conservatives?
Isn't that what the IRS, FBI, CIA etc are for?
You might be excused for thinking so. Must say I'm giving more credence to theories on CIA influence than I used to after seeing how convenient the timing of leaks to the press was for the maintenance of the various anti-Trump hysterias and hearing about the phenomenon of ex-CIA being employed by the corporate media.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ex-CIA
I'm not sure "ex-CIA" is a category which actually exists. And if someone was indeed "ex-" CIA... how would anyone be able to tell?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today woulda been the final day of that job I turned-down last week.

Yesterday a different producer-- from the same company-- texted, asking if I could work that same job. He didn't know I already declined.
As I expected, the 6 hour final day has metastasized into 12 hours. And nobody asked me about the jab before, but...

My cellphone was kaput for a few days. Replaced it with the same 2015 Motorola model as before-- I don't want all the weird shit on newer phones.

Felt odd to be without a phone at first, but after a single day I felt great without-it. But I also unconsciously stayed around-home, not venturing out much.

Went back out today with replacement phone. In an odd nowhere-to-be mood. I walked past the nice, modern public library branch on Mulberry Street-- usually I'd go in there, if I was wandering around. But looking at all the people inside wearing masks... bummed me out.

Walking thru Chinatown-- a chinese shopkeeper was shouting & advancing down the sidewalk. In front of him, a compact guy retreated backward in a blue jacket, hood up, unable to watch where he was walking, hand behind his ass, holding the back belt loop of his pants-- which were below his ass cheeks. I thought it would be a sagging 'hood guy-- but it was a balding white guy in his 50's with white stubble and a face like Munch's 'The Scream'. His clothes were clean, new, & fit-- but he looked mentally disturbed. He turned-away from the shopkeeper, veered toward a chinese woman in front of a store, stuck a finger in her face, and made an aggressive sound like "GAAARRRRPP!!"

Veered toward me... same finger & noise.. I looked him in the eye & firmly said, "Not. Me." like I was telling a dog to "drop it!". He careened onward... at a chinese businessman... then a chinese person seated outside a coffee shop.

3 chinese shopkeepers I know-- have been attacked by maniacs, in the last few months, within a couple blocks of that spot. (The other attackers were black.) So many random street attacks. I decided to follow the guy. It looked like we walked into an art gallery! But when I crossed the street-- it was someone else with a blue hood up. I don't know where the crazy guy went.

I've got 3 days of work next week. Plus the fish market. But soon it will be too cold to sell fish. I'm not living paycheck-to-paycheck... I've saved some money. But one violent encounter on the street-- could wipe-out my $ on medical & legal bills.

As I walked-around, I listened to Dave Smith & Robbie Bernstein's podcast-- picking-apart Jon Stewart's new TV show. It's pointless & pedantic to fact-check Jon Stewarts jokes... yes-- the jab has killed more than "three" people. No it's not internally-consistent-- for Jon Stewart to mock conservatives for comparing the Covid regime to Hitler-- followed by Jon Stewart comparing Covid-itself to Hitler. But I guess I'm the target audience for this podcast, because I appreciated the background noise of Dave & Robbie's disembodied voices just calling-out the brain-melting nonsense which prevails all-around us. Which, of course, used-to be Jon Stewart's job.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Not bad for a god guy...
‘Who does God put in charge of these kids? Their parents. God gave each one of these kids… to their parents and they speak for them. They may be wrong, they may be dumb, they may be perfect in their decisions. But it’s still their responsibility. It’s not yours. God gave it to them. Honor their wishes, either side of the fence.’

Just nine days later, on October 20, Horak [38 year veteran surgeon] was fired by Lake Region Healthcare (LRH), being told his ‘views were no longer congruent’ with the hospital and health provider.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MASKS WORK

Proof:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gillette ad part 2?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This seems appropriate...though there was some delay...

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote: Gillette ad part 2?

Majical Queeer Power!!!!!! Twiiiiiiiiiiks!!!! I am the power!!!!!!!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

franc

Post by franc »

Been a rough couple of years. Death, fires and plagues.

I think I'm sane now.

franc

Post by franc »

Just got a 30 day ban for hating homos on tardbook for posting this, a gay Black Flag cover band -

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

franc wrote: Been a rough couple of years. Death, fires and plagues.

I think I'm sane now.
Hopefully you're through the worst of it.

And that you will be back to normal soon enough.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hi franc.

Your facebook predicament reminds me of an old review of Katy Perry's 'I Kissed A Girl'.

In a world where G.G. Allin is old news, the reviewer concluded that the only way to transgress-- was to (step 1) artificially retreat into squeaky clean disney children's fare (at the start of her career, Katy Perry publicized her status as a religious virgin-because-I'm-not-married-yet). Then (step 2) cross the artificial boundry lines she had just set... by pretending that a lesbo kiss is a big deal.

Only in Facebook's pearl clutching fantasy world-- is punk punk-again.

At least the Black Fag song made a fun soundtrack to the police & ambulance lights still-flashing on my ceiling, from this...

A couple hours ago, someone was attacked on the foot of the bridge to Brooklyn.

Right after that: a firetruck responding to a smoky fire-- obstructing visibility for cars on the bridge. The piles of garbage & hoarder-possessions of the homeless junkies squatting at the foot of bridge... were aflame.

Then the scene in the picture: loud slamming sounds, a man yelling "nooo....", a woman shouting. The window of the drugs-and-untaxed-cigarettes store being-smashed. More slamming sounds. A ton of cops... surrounding the guy. Him pounding the hood of a cop car. A woman shouting, 'No! I know him!" & grabbing at cops. Cops tasering the guy... with no effect. The body of the taser breaking? The guy trying to run, getting caught, put in an ambulance. A cop trying to gather broken taser parts.
Then a street fight reported-- two blocks over.

franc

Post by franc »

[/quote]Hopefully you're through the worst of it.

And that you will be back to normal soon enough.[/quote]

I apolgise for any crazy I may have posted. Crazy shit here.

franc

Post by franc »

My predictions of why we are where we are are not a source of happiness, I told folks 15 years back and here we are. Call me Nostradamus.

ThreeFlangedJavis

When do Biden and Psaki crack smiles and say "just kidding, you didn't think we were serious"? That has to be coming soon, right?

ThreeFlangedJavis

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:27 am
When do Biden and Psaki crack smiles and say "just kidding, you didn't think we were serious"? That has to be coming soon, right?
► Show Spoiler

Perhaps judgement was a bit hasty on this one. It's possible that this may only apply to the families that were ruled to have been illegally separated. Assuming the sources I read weren't lying, the Trump admin deported at least hundreds of adults without their children and in many cases did not retain sufficient info to re-unite them.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:27 am
► Show Spoiler

Perhaps judgement was a bit hasty on this one. It's possible that this may only apply to the families that were ruled to have been illegally separated. Assuming the sources I read weren't lying, the Trump admin deported at least hundreds of adults without their children and in many cases did not retain sufficient info to re-unite them.
It would need a careful look. Do we have any specific examples to look at? $450k is hardly going to disincentivise people from coming.

John D

Post by John D »

franc wrote:
I apolgise for any crazy I may have posted. Crazy shit here.
You are welcome at any time as a master troll! and we all go a bit crazy from time to time.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: It would need a careful look. Do we have any specific examples to look at? $450k is hardly going to disincentivise people from coming.
"President Biden has agreed that the family separation policy is a historic moral stain on our nation that must be fully remedied," said Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU's immigrant-rights project and a lead negotiator on one of the lawsuits. "That remedy must include not only meaningful monetary compensation, but a pathway to remain in the country."

Oh really, Mister Gelernt? Why?

--

"Aside from potential payouts, the government has not even been able to locate all of the children who were separated from their parents. The current administration is still in the process of finding families — just 52 have been reunited so far and there are apparently 200 more that are currently being vetted. "

Were any children "lost"? As-in... we've lost track of the kids without reuniting them with some sort of family or legal guardian?

Or-- is it the case-- that we know where all the kids are/ maybe still in US govt custody... and their family members haven't showed-up to claim them, or vanished, or abandoned them, or would-NOT-be-able-to claim the kids even if they tried/ because they weren't really related at-all.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

I would imagine for $450k there is not going to be any shortage of people being willing to claim them in return for having their hurt feelings compensated.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:30 am
fafnir wrote: It would need a careful look. Do we have any specific examples to look at? $450k is hardly going to disincentivise people from coming.
"President Biden has agreed that the family separation policy is a historic moral stain on our nation that must be fully remedied," said Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU's immigrant-rights project and a lead negotiator on one of the lawsuits. "That remedy must include not only meaningful monetary compensation, but a pathway to remain in the country."

Oh really, Mister Gelernt? Why?

--

"Aside from potential payouts, the government has not even been able to locate all of the children who were separated from their parents. The current administration is still in the process of finding families — just 52 have been reunited so far and there are apparently 200 more that are currently being vetted. "

Were any children "lost"? As-in... we've lost track of the kids without reuniting them with some sort of family or legal guardian?

Or-- is it the case-- that we know where all the kids are/ maybe still in US govt custody... and their family members haven't showed-up to claim them, or vanished, or abandoned them, or would-NOT-be-able-to claim the kids even if they tried/ because they weren't really related at-all.
My understanding is that the children in question are ones whose parents were deported. I admit to having been quite lazy in accepting the right's narrative that Trump was just continuing the Obama kids in cages policy but I think it quite likely, from the little I've read, that Trump split families that previously did not qualify for such treatment and the courts ruled it illegal. The problem with Trump is that he has been lied about so much that it's only natural to miss the legitimate criticism. Let's face it, for all of his good instincts Trump could occasionally do some pretty questionable things and furiously dodge admitting it.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: My understanding is that the children in question are ones whose parents were deported. I admit to having been quite lazy in accepting the right's narrative that Trump was just continuing the Obama kids in cages policy but I think it quite likely, from the little I've read, that Trump split families that previously did not qualify for such treatment and the courts ruled it illegal. The problem with Trump is that he has been lied about so much that it's only natural to miss the legitimate criticism. Let's face it, for all of his good instincts Trump could occasionally do some pretty questionable things and furiously dodge admitting it.
I don't see what in that clarifies specifically what was wrong with the policy. Is there not a case, or court documents or something that can be looked at? I thought one issue that came up under the Trump kids in cages era was that it is far from clear that lots of these kids are in fact the children of the people they are with, and that there are child protection reasons for separating them.

I agree that Trump was far from flawless, but there was no shortage of lawyers willing to take him to court over his policies and judges willing to tell him to stop. It just seems odd to me that we are hearing about this case now, at a point where the Executive is in favour of unrestrained migration, and is keen to throw mud at Trump. The migrants in cages thing was years ago. Has some class action suit been working its way through the system this whole time?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Javis--

I think the truth is pretty-close to your summary. I don't know if Trump ultimately 'lost in court' -- but I do know the Justice Department investigated the handling of kids-at-the-border & issued a report in January 2021-- finding that the kids were not provided with the proper standard of care.

Ordinarily, I'd say the buck stops with Trump-- if his team bungled implementing their policy. However-- in many many many clearly-documented cases... Deep State saboteurs intentionally interfered with the lawful implementation of Trump's policies. The military lied to Trump about how-many troops they pulled-out, when he ordered it. Outgoing science bureaucrats scrubbed references to global warming & climate change-- from funding documents/ to prevent oversight of expenditures.

In this case-- I see 2 perverse incentives. One-- if intentionally mistreating the kids would trigger Trump's deportation policy being halted-- then Trump's opponents had motive to mistreat the kids, to 'win'. Two-- the January 2021 timing of the Justice Dept report is suspicious timing: everything Trump did & everyone who served Trump-- was being purged... unless they worked extra-hard to prove they were willing to play ball with 'business as usual'/ by renouncing Trump. Cabinet secretaries were resigning the Trump admin-- days before his term ended/ just to virtue-signal that they weren't REALLY loyal to him.

It might be appropriate for a well-functioning ACLU to look-into the civil rights of the kids & families. But the actual, real-world, partisan A+CLU had gone Woke during Trump's term. So them making a big show of taking-the-case... is just a camwhore's thirst trap for her simps. In other words: the ACLU sang & danced "We Hate Trump!"... and their Trump Derangement Syndrome SIMP donors made-it-rain cash.

----

I see this situation as an all-too-familiar conflict of interest: As the -executive-, Biden is the equivalent of 'management' in a business. He's supposed to negotiate on behalf of 'the company' vs. labor negotiating for their own self-interest. But Biden is enamored with being 'pro-union', so he's failing to negotiate hard against unions-- such as Teacher's Unions. He's incapable of striking a good deal On Behalf Of the taxpayers.

Likewise, in this situation-- Biden is too-attached to his anti-Trump sentiment. He's cheering for the opposing lawyers who are trying to take millions or billions of dollars-- Away From the side Biden is SUPPOSED to be advocating-for. Biden & administration are willing to themselves take a literal loss-- as long as it's a metaphorical loss for Trump.

The DOJ report. I've only read the summaries at the top.
https://oig.justice.gov/sites/default/f ... -028_0.pdf

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

OK.... reading up on it..... you can effectively double the money minimum... since it's $450k for the emotional distress of the child and $450k for the parent.

The ACLU side of the case is here:
https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/aii ... -complaint

It looks to have been filed on 10/03/19. Obviously it claims that everything was done for no reason other than despicable cruelty. I haven't found a response to it.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: I think the truth is pretty-close to your summary. I don't know if Trump ultimately 'lost in court' -- but I do know the Justice Department investigated the handling of kids-at-the-border & issued a report in January 2021-- finding that the kids were not provided with the proper standard of care.
What does proper standard of care mean. We are talking about a border crisis where resources are strained, aren't we? Are they saying that given that a proper standard of care wasn't provided..... or are they comparing it to what one would want to provide irrespective of demand?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today, in the dark early morning hours, after the police tased that crazy-guy under my window,

I thought-about Ray Epps-- some dude who was actively-involved at the Capitol on January 6, but has apparently not been arrested.

Epps was on my mind-- due-to a congressman asking Attorney General Merrick Garland questions about whether Epps is a Federal Agent/ Asset/Informer... [agent provocateur]. Garland refused to answer.

--
I searched back in the pit-- to Jan 5-- and saw that I had posted passing reference to watching (the man we now know is Epps) in a livestream from D.C. At the time, I called Epps a "MAGA" "Boomer".

I feel paranoid anxiety-- when I think-about that livestream. Someone posted a link to it, with no explanation given, on The Donald message board-- the night of January 5.

Someone posted a link to it <--Who? Was the link itself-- posted on the main Trump Fanboy site... part of a co-ordinated, covert, ratfuck effort to trigger 1/6 ?!!

I clicked the random link & watched attention-seeker proud-boy-ish guy 'Baked Alaska' blunder around D.C. with his bros... and with very little cogent point or purpose. They encountered Epps-- filmed him because his noisemaking was the closest thing in sight to 'content'. They seemed to get-along with him, then Bicker, then mute the audio, then seemed to bury the hatchet with him. At the time-- I wondered whether Epps might be an undercover agent-- when I watched him try to win Baked Alaska's confidence-- by pointing-out they're both from Arizona.

All I'm really trying to say-- is that I randomly happened to click just-the-right blind link on January 5... at just the right time... to see a livestream of a person who turns out to be HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS and MOST LIKELY A GOVT AGENT PROVOCATEUR on January 6.

And early this morning I read this really long comprehensive EXCELLENT fringe journalism piece-- about what 'the internet' has discovered about Epps.

Namely, it looks like 1/6 Was An Inside Job

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet- ... s-capitol/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

For what it's worth-- today-- a similar false flag/inside job story is breaking... about Clinton Foundation bagman & Jeffrey Epstein crony Terry McAuliffe... who is is running for governor of Virginia.

It seems his staffers have dressed up as tiki-torch white-supremacist boogeymen-- to feign support for McAuliffe's opponent Youngkin.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: are they comparing it to what one would want to provide irrespective of demand?
Yep.

And I'm somewhat sympathetic to that. I don't think the govt can arrest people, lock 'em up, &-- (extreme hypothetical example)-- not feed them/ because 'we forgot to buy enough food'.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Looking at the documents filed for the case and timing of everything.... they weren't done arguing about jurisdiction until 2021.

This document appears to have more information:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 0.28.0.pdf

It looks like once you get past the claims about motive, you have something like the following..... It looks like there is a law requiring "Any individuals who attempt to enter the United States without inspection and are apprehended within two weeks and one hundred miles of a port of entry" be subject to an "expedited removal" process. This seems to be the law that Trump decided to start enforcing. It says that people subject to expedited removal must be held in custody while their asylum claims are being processed.

There was then a further law that required the now unaccompanied children to be handed over to Health and Human Services within 72 hours to be cared for.

If it took 3 months for their asylum application to be processed, they were seperated for 3 months. If it took a year they were seperated for a year.

There are specific claims relating to some cases of people withdrawing their asylum application in order to get their children back, being deported... but having to return to the US months later to be reunited with their children. That is certainly not true of the whole class.

From a relatively quick read through that document, the claim for the defence as of 02/14/20 was that they were following the law as written.