Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: You aren't allowed to mention Soros in polite society without ridicule, which I think is interesting considering the extent to which he meddles in politics and culture.
Ironic as, before TDS took hold, leftists couldn't go a few minutes without railing against the Koch brothers (who, ftr, are anarcho-libertarian and pro immigration.) But, yeah, mention Soros and you either get a blank stare, or accused of tinfoil hat wearing.

Soros funded a campaign to elect "progressive" ( i.e., anti-cop, restorative justice ) district attorneys across America. They're in Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and elsewhere. Crime is now out of control in each of those cities. Before that, Soros funded the campaigns of several 'justice' candidates for state attorney general. Two of his selections oversaw the suspect elections in Arizona and Michigan.

Soros' money shows up everywhere. In the past, he's concentrated on pro-choice, restorative justice, CRT, open borders, and left-wing agitprop groups. But just recently, he and Bill Gates teamed up to acquire a UK-based mfg of covid tests. I can't decide whether he truly believes in all this shit, or has a diabolical plan to destroy the West.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So the woke eunuchs pretending to run the US military ordered our army support dogs be left behind in Kabul, despite ample cargo space for them. Just let them loose on the tarmac as the last plane took off.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/american- ... ghanistan/

At least fundamental moslems adore dogs, so they should be well-cared for by the taliban.
May all support and service dogs be well-cared for by the Taliban.
The Brits went to the other extreme with the looney Pen Farthing. An ex-marine who set up an animal shelter in Kabul, he demanded all his dogs, cats and staff be evacuated. He was told by the MoD that people come before pets so he stirred up a shitstorm on social media, and it's said that Boris's good lady wife intervened to get him clearance for a flight. All this took long enough that by the time it happened the Taliban were not letting Afghans into the airport, so he flew out with his pets but none of his staff, who had visas but could not now get in because of the delay while he demanded the animal flight be approved. British soldiers spent their last hours there watering and loading his bloody strays instead of anything more useful. He has returned to making threats on social media to 'destroy' any MoD functionaries who impeded him, and he has a baying mob of supporters among that well-recognised class of people who value animals more than humans.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:19 am
So the woke eunuchs pretending to run the US military ordered our army support dogs be left behind in Kabul, despite ample cargo space for them. Just let them loose on the tarmac as the last plane took off.

At least fundamental moslems adore dogs, so they should be well-cared for by the taliban.
Have a dispiriting feeling that there will be no real personal consequences for the perpetrators. Years have passed and nothing has been done about criminal acts perpetrated against Trump's people because it's impossible to get the appropriate outrage going. One wonders just how long a string of stupid, immoral and consequential errors one would have to commit to get more than a "shit happens" or speculation about what Orange would have done from Biden apologists.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Speak of the devil: Soros bought the UNHRC, too:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... missioner/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: May all support and service dogs be well-cared for by the Taliban.
“Abdullah (b. Umar) (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered the killing of dogs and we would send (men) in Medina and its corners and we did not spare any dog that we did not kill, so much so that we killed the dog that accompanied the wet she-camel belonging to the people of the desert.” — Sahih Muslim 3811
The Brits went to the other extreme with the looney Pen Farthing. An ex-marine who set up an animal shelter in Kabul, he demanded all his dogs, cats and staff be evacuated. He was told by the MoD that people come before pets so he stirred up a shitstorm on social media, and it's said that Boris's good lady wife intervened to get him clearance for a flight. All this took long enough that by the time it happened the Taliban were not letting Afghans into the airport, so he flew out with his pets but none of his staff, who had visas but could not now get in because of the delay while he demanded the animal flight be approved. British soldiers spent their last hours there watering and loading his bloody strays instead of anything more useful. He has returned to making threats on social media to 'destroy' any MoD functionaries who impeded him, and he has a baying mob of supporters among that well-recognised class of people who value animals more than humans.
That's an interesting story. Were all the other tens of thousands of people the taliban weren't letting into the airport Farthing's fault as well?

In the version I heard, on the plane Farthing chartered, 100 animals rode in the hold, while 250 people -- who otherwise would not have been evacuated -- rode in the seats. And as Ricky Gervais pointed out, they managed to rescue a fucking Toyota:

a fucking toyota.jpg
(84.51 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Anyone who takes advantage of an animal's loyalty and unconditional trust, then abandons them to bake to death or get slaughtered by medieval inbreds, they're the ones who deserve to die.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: That's an interesting story. Were all the other tens of thousands of people the taliban weren't letting into the airport Farthing's fault as well?
No one has suggested that. I'm happy for his dogs, and happy that some other people got on the plane. The fact remains his staff trusted him and by putting the animals' welfare first, he let his staff down. But maybe read this for a view other than mine:
One Afghan human being is worth more than a million Afghan dogs

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: One Afghan human being is worth more than a million Afghan dogs
I see O'Neill is back to his standard mode, Dickhead*. It's not a zero-sum game -- yes, you can help animals in shithole countries without having to chose between a dog and a person.

I'm still missing the part where Farthing prevented his staff or anyone else from evacuating who otherwise could have.

* Which in his case, would be diagnosed as Peyronie's Disease.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:11 pm
screwtape wrote: One Afghan human being is worth more than a million Afghan dogs
I see O'Neill is back to his standard mode, Dickhead*. It's not a zero-sum game -- yes, you can help animals in shithole countries without having to chose between a dog and a person.

I'm still missing the part where Farthing prevented his staff or anyone else from evacuating who otherwise could have.

Isn't it emblematic of something wrong in people's brains though? Setting up gender studies masters programmes in a country? Starting dog sanctuaries? 99% of the population want Sharia law! All that stuff is icing on a cake that it seems like nobody knew how to bake or had any ingredients for. Was the plan to keep icing away in the hope a cake would appear under it? It's underpants gnomes nation building. Step 1: Conquer the country. Step 2: Mumble, mumble, mumble. Step 3: Set up gender studies department and dog sanctuary.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:19 am
So the woke eunuchs pretending to run the US military ordered our army support dogs be left behind in Kabul, despite ample cargo space for them. Just let them loose on the tarmac as the last plane took off.

Have a dispiriting feeling that there will be no real personal consequences for the perpetrators. Years have passed and nothing has been done about criminal acts perpetrated against Trump's people because it's impossible to get the appropriate outrage going. One wonders just how long a string of stupid, immoral and consequential errors one would have to commit to get more than a "shit happens" or speculation about what Orange would have done from Biden apologists.
Your eyes are on the wrong prize. If it became convenient for some responsible people to be thrown to the wolves, would it really be a victory that meant anything? If anything, I'd say what little outrage there is for the lack of consequences is worth more than some number of them going to prison.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: by putting the animals' welfare first, he let his staff down.
Not true. Screwtape's link says the staff was prevented from leaving Kabul by paperwork requirements. The animals were not bound by the same obstacle, so they got out. Surely the animal rescue guy would have waived the paperwork for his staff-- if that were in his power, but it was not.

I wanna know how many puppies an anti-vax afgan manslaughterer is worth.

(Will Canada break the Australian record?)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Fucking Pen Farthing.

The prick was warned weeks in advance* that dodgy things were afoot and that it would be a very good career move to get the hell out of there. Nope, he chose to stay in-situ and continue doing his thing.

One week before the shit hit the fan, he was once again warned that it was going to become very bad for his health to remain there. Nope, nothing doing, he chose to stay there (with his wife in tow) and conduct business as usual.

Then, suddenly, when the predicted balloon went up, he started ranting and raving about how Britain had deserted him, the UK Armed Forces had better come and get him, his poor wife was trapped outside the airport, it's all the government's fault, Boris is a cunt, waaah, piss, moan...

Let me spell it out for you in terms so simple, even I understand them: He was told (multiple times) in advance, to bail out. He refused. He is responsible for his own actions.

Fuck that guy - why should other people's sons, brothers, husbands etc be gambled to save the hide of a fucking wanker who chose to stay in the shit? Crap like this brings my blood to the boil in record time. I've been there, done that - sent to rescue some prize arseholes** who decided the lure of tax-free cash was more important than the possibility of death-by-goat-fucker.

Fuck him. In the eye. With a rusty bayonet.

* I've seen the UNICOM transcripts with the wankers name on them. He's been the subject of countless conversations within the UK defence community, none of them flattering. Trust me, the currency he had as an ex-marine is completely gone.

** Iraq, oil infrastructure workers, making seriously retarded money working in/around Al Amarah. They were attacked (of fucking course they were) and holed up in an abandoned building. Their local defence (civvy "merc" types) either bolted or shit their pants and hid alongside the oil workers. Next thing you know, we got tasked with recovering the pricks. My mate got shot in the neck during the recovery (thankfully a grazing blow) and one of the guys from our infantry support Coy lost his lower leg to an IED. Yeah, the oil workers didn't need to be there (they were mostly yanks and canooks) but greed...greed is a powerful motivator. There are other examples but my shit has been gripped and I need to calm down.

Fucking Pen Farthing.

Wanker.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: True. And yet ‘Insidious incompetence’ isn’t really trending on Bitchute or Odysee
The 2019 influenza plan compared to the 2020 response does show that something changed, and it isn't hard to jump to fascism as a result.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... -cowardice
MICHAEL P. SENGER wrote: “Lockdowns,” the mass quarantine of both sick and healthy people, have never before been used for disease mitigation in the modern Western world. Previously, the strategy had been systematically ruled out by the pandemic plans of the World Health Organization (WHO) and by health experts of every developed nation. So how did we get here?

Mass lockdowns of entire countries as a technique for fighting disease sprung into the world’s consciousness on the order of Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), who fomented a global propaganda offensive targeting Western governments and media. Within weeks, the WHO, an organization that once devoted itself to fighting disease and which has sadly become a tool of Chinese foreign policy, promulgated lockdowns into global policy through a series of press conferences that showed a complete absence of analysis or logic.

The world has been fighting a virus from China with a public health policy from China that transforms the world into China. But if the national security community has noticed this bizarre development, they haven’t said so. Instead, their preoccupation has remained largely unchanged since February 2020. Insiders have confirmed that by spring 2020 the national security community was convinced that SARS-CoV-2 was a supervirus leaked from the Wuhan lab, explaining why many supported lockdowns. Yet the key pieces of information that gave rise to the lab leak theory were the videos of Wuhan residents suddenly falling dead, the contrived tale of heroic whistleblower Li Wenliang, and Xi Jinping’s apparent success locking down Wuhan, the city with the lab in it.

One national security official after another has claimed to know the virus came from the Wuhan lab, even as the underlying intelligence information has changed little. If these officials are as confident as they claim to be, great !It does not change the fact that Covid’s average infection fatality rate (IFR) across all age groups is under 0.24%. It’s long past time to address the more concerning question to which the rest of the public has long since moved on: why governments across the world have copied and continue to copy China’s anti-democratic, totalitarian measures in response to COVID-19.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There’s the fascism option.

Then there’s the “we don’t know what the fuck to do but China’s response seemed to work, but let’s do it humane - no welding or burning alive” solution.

Keating

Post by Keating »

That's the point: China is clearly fucking with us, and no Western politician is prepared to call them on their bullshit and actually stand on Western principles.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: That's the point: China is clearly fucking with us, and no Western politician is prepared to call them on their bullshit and actually stand on Western principles.
I’d agree, though subservience is in no way antithetical to incompetence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

…and greed.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Saw a fox taking a shit in Mile End Park at 7:22 am this morning.

Currently waiting for a callback from NHS.

Though I don't think these events are related...

ThreeFlangedJavis

fafnir wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:56 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Isn't it emblematic of something wrong in people's brains though? Setting up gender studies masters programmes in a country? Starting dog sanctuaries? 99% of the population want Sharia law! All that stuff is icing on a cake that it seems like nobody knew how to bake or had any ingredients for. Was the plan to keep icing away in the hope a cake would appear under it? It's underpants gnomes nation building. Step 1: Conquer the country. Step 2: Mumble, mumble, mumble. Step 3: Set up gender studies department and dog sanctuary.
No problem with dog sanctuaries. The gender studies phenomenon is an unfortunate infection carried with aid and social development agencies so I don't think you can directly blame the occupying powers for that. Afghanistan has a very traditional culture for the region with a hierarchy of loyalties with the strongest at the family level and the weakest at the national level. There is little desire to pool resources to develop amenities outside of the family or village, that burden is left to the outsider or those more forward thinking Afghans. An outside force hoping to modernise must accept taking on that responsibility and work with exceptional willing locals. It takes time and commitment and the effort was slowly bearing fruit in the cities and in the security services. Unfortunately the occupying forces modeled the Afghan military on their own, making it dependent on advanced technology for which they relied on the occupiers, not a good idea unless they were willing to stay indefinitely. The US/NATO lured Afghans into working with them in the belief that they were going to build a nation, their trust was betrayed and now they are paying the price.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A scientist casually shits the methodology bed, wipes with his reputation.

https://media.patriots.win/post/Ea0HfLsB.jpeg

I used the same math & 'derived' that most carjackings in Chicago are committed by middle-aged white women.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:55 am
No problem with dog sanctuaries. The gender studies phenomenon is an unfortunate infection carried with aid and social development agencies so I don't think you can directly blame the occupying powers for that.
Why can't we blame the occupying powers? What is their job over there?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Afghanistan has a very traditional culture for the region with a hierarchy of loyalties with the strongest at the family level and the weakest at the national level.
Sure, and the occupying power who was nation-building and all the rest hung flags on their embassy celebrating sodomites. At the same time setting up dog sanctuaries. Were we projecting that we were serious about what we were doing there or not? None of these things project seriousness to me.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
There is little desire to pool resources to develop amenities outside of the family or village, that burden is left to the outsider or those more forward thinking Afghans.
Are they leaving that burden to outsiders, or are outsider deciding it needs to be done? If after 20 years the villagers are still not interested in this stuff, then why are we spending time on dog sanctuaries and gender studies? None of those things are solving important parts of the problem and project lack of seriousness about the main problem.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
An outside force hoping to modernise must accept taking on that responsibility and work with exceptional willing locals.
Work with exceptionally willing locals to what end? If 99% of the country still wants Sharia law, isn't it just a small percentage of that 1% who were sold on the nation we were building? The whole thing feels like we were trying to stand up an inverted pyramid. It seemed to be going fine so long as the scaffolding was there.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It takes time and commitment and the effort was slowly bearing fruit in the cities and in the security services.
Was it? How much time would have been required to achieve what end goal? Would a 20 year occupation be enough to turn the United States into a Sharia law loving Muslim state? I don't doubt that the occupying power could show progress amongst a small percentage of the population who was most willing, but wouldn't that progress be largely an illusion if only 1% of the population was actually on board with the plan?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Unfortunately the occupying forces modeled the Afghan military on their own, making it dependent on advanced technology for which they relied on the occupiers, not a good idea unless they were willing to stay indefinitely.
But even then, if 99% of the country want to live in a theocracy, a non-theocratic government either has to be a dictatorship.... or it will collapse. It feels like we were trying to set up a dictatorship and a democracy at the same time.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
The US/NATO lured Afghans into working with them in the belief that they were going to build a nation, their trust was betrayed and now they are paying the price.
I agree on this 100%. For my money, we should have set up some kind of Saddam Hussein like dictator. One of the warlords who could crush and murder opposition, not an academic from the World Bank. We at least know how to install brutal dictators.

ThreeFlangedJavis

fafnir wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
No problem with dog sanctuaries. The gender studies phenomenon is an unfortunate infection carried with aid and social development agencies so I don't think you can directly blame the occupying powers for that.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Afghanistan has a very traditional culture for the region with a hierarchy of loyalties with the strongest at the family level and the weakest at the national level.
Sure, and the occupying power who was nation-building and all the rest hung flags on their embassy celebrating sodomites. At the same time setting up dog sanctuaries. Were we projecting that we were serious about what we were doing there or not? None of these things project seriousness to me.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
There is little desire to pool resources to develop amenities outside of the family or village, that burden is left to the outsider or those more forward thinking Afghans.
Are they leaving that burden to outsiders, or are outsider deciding it needs to be done? If after 20 years the villagers are still not interested in this stuff, then why are we spending time on dog sanctuaries and gender studies? None of those things are solving important parts of the problem and project lack of seriousness about the main problem.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
An outside force hoping to modernise must accept taking on that responsibility and work with exceptional willing locals.
Work with exceptionally willing locals to what end? If 99% of the country still wants Sharia law, isn't it just a small percentage of that 1% who were sold on the nation we were building? The whole thing feels like we were trying to stand up an inverted pyramid. It seemed to be going fine so long as the scaffolding was there.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It takes time and commitment and the effort was slowly bearing fruit in the cities and in the security services.
Was it? How much time would have been required to achieve what end goal? Would a 20 year occupation be enough to turn the United States into a Sharia law loving Muslim state? I don't doubt that the occupying power could show progress amongst a small percentage of the population who was most willing, but wouldn't that progress be largely an illusion if only 1% of the population was actually on board with the plan?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Unfortunately the occupying forces modeled the Afghan military on their own, making it dependent on advanced technology for which they relied on the occupiers, not a good idea unless they were willing to stay indefinitely.
But even then, if 99% of the country want to live in a theocracy, a non-theocratic government either has to be a dictatorship.... or it will collapse. It feels like we were trying to set up a dictatorship and a democracy at the same time.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
The US/NATO lured Afghans into working with them in the belief that they were going to build a nation, their trust was betrayed and now they are paying the price.
I agree on this 100%. For my money, we should have set up some kind of Saddam Hussein like dictator. One of the warlords who could crush and murder opposition, not an academic from the World Bank. We at least know how to install brutal dictators.
Not going to go through this point by point. What percentage of the development work done involves gender studies and privately run dog shelters? You think that's all that's been going on or do you think that's just a hyperbolic talking point?

It takes a long time to change a culture so don't try and do it if you get bored easily. Long enough for people to get accustomed enough to bridges, reliable water supply, education and transport that they resist being dragged back to the stone age, that's how long. When enough women become accustomed to not having to hide at home and they have children of their own. The reason the Taliban resist progress so hard is that they know it lures people away from their backward lifestyle. Why are the women locked up at home and all those people fleeing? You think that's because they want Sharia?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Fucking ... prick ... shit ... cunt ... Fuck ... fucking wanker ... prize arseholes ... goat-fucker.

... Fuck him. In the eye. With a rusty bayonet....

... seriously retarded money ... of fucking course ... shit their pants ... the pricks... my shit has been gripped and I need to calm down.

... Wanker.
All I see in this Kabul FUBAR are a bunch of complete idiots with turd turbans on the end of their dicks, calling each other ass fuckers.

Wankers in Whitehall with two last names blame civilians for lolligagging in-country. Lolligagging civilians blame Lord Noel Fuck-All for pulling the rug out from under them. Biden blames his generals, and the Afghan bug-out army -- and Trump, because Trump is to blame for everything. His generals blame Proud Bois for forcing them to read White Fragility instead of analyses of Dunkirk, Sicily, etc. US military blames the UK military for demanding the Abbey Gate stay open so they can evac Brits from the hotel, despite intel of an impending suicide attack. UK military insists they didn't ask, even though they were using the gate, and blames the US for leaving its allies standing there with their dicks in their hands. US military doesn't deny they left the Abbey Gate open despite intel of an impending suicide attack, but blames Politico for leaking classified info. Politico blames MAGAts for forcing them to cover for Dementia Joe up until now. Taliban blames ISIS-K for the attack, despite them all having married each others' nieces.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am
fafnir wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Not going to go through this point by point. What percentage of the development work done involves gender studies and privately run dog shelters? You think that's all that's been going on or do you think that's just a hyperbolic talking point?

It takes a long time to change a culture so don't try and do it if you get bored easily. Long enough for people to get accustomed enough to bridges, reliable water supply, education and transport that they resist being dragged back to the stone age, that's how long. When enough women become accustomed to not having to hide at home and they have children of their own. The reason the Taliban resist progress so hard is that they know it lures people away from their backward lifestyle. Why are the women locked up at home and all those people fleeing? You think that's because they want Sharia?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

sorry, that should have read...
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Of course it is not all that was being done, but what had actually been achieved? 99% of the country still wanted an Islamic country with Sharia law. Was that what we installed for them?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It takes a long time to change a culture so don't try and do it if you get bored easily.
How much time? In the most recent poll I can find from a few years back 99% of the country still wanted Sharia law. In what sense was the culture changed?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Long enough for people to get accustomed enough to bridges, reliable water supply, education and transport that they resist being dragged back to the stone age, that's how long.
Does that process actually work? They are tribal conservative Muslims. If a bunch of people waving pro sodomy flags turn up in their country, are bridges going to be enough to persuade them? Would better infrastructure be enough to persuade us to live under a tribal chieftain and accept Sharia law? What measure of success is there to point to your average villager being won over?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
When enough women become accustomed to not having to hide at home and they have children of their own.
Does that process actually work? It sounds a little bit like what Democrats are trying in US schools at the moment. The Democrat plan for US education seems to be creating quite a bit of hostility. Was there really not violent hostility to teaching western feminist gender politics in Afghan schools from the families of the students?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
The reason the Taliban resist progress so hard is that they know it lures people away from their backward lifestyle. Why are the women locked up at home and all those people fleeing? You think that's because they want Sharia?
Is it actually the case that the conservative muslim women of the world are crying out for western secular liberalism and are yearning to wave pro-sodomy flags if only we will come and save them? Are conservative Texan women crying out for abortion to be freely available? Do these people want us to save them, or do we just think they should? I go back the the survey that found 99% support for living under Sharia law.... these are the people who are crying out to be rescued from theocratic rule?

Even if we were wanted, do we actually know how to guide a society through that social change? I'm not sure evidence from the home front suggests we have a clue how to re-engineer a society.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: Is it actually the case that the conservative muslim women of the world are crying out for western secular liberalism and are yearning to wave pro-sodomy flags if only we will come and save them? Are conservative Texan women crying out for abortion to be freely available? Do these people want us to save them, or do we just think they should? I go back the the survey that found 99% support for living under Sharia law.... these are the people who are crying out to be rescued from theocratic rule?

Even if we were wanted, do we actually know how to guide a society through that social change? I'm not sure evidence from the home front suggests we have a clue how to re-engineer a society.
Clearly we shoulda modernized & feministmotized Afghanistan by sending our most retrograde fringe... Which would still be centuries of progress, from the Afgan point of view.

We could have pulled out on May 21, 2011 and let their progressive new mullah Harold Camping explain to them what was happening to them.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: Clearly we shoulda modernized & feministmotized Afghanistan by sending our most retrograde fringe... Which would still be centuries of progress, from the Afgan point of view.
It would probably still cost $80billion after it had been though Department of Defence procurement.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:32 pm
Service Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:57 am
Nothing new about Psaki lying. Everyone has their BS talking points. Carlson and Watters like to disparage the Afghani military, just like Biden, but if Logan isn't mistaken, Afghani special forces units are still fighting. Nobody else seems to have noticed or cared enough to look at the broader picture beyond kabul.
To be fair, McEnany had a literal binder filled with responses to questions from the ridiculously hostile press. Psaki knows that she can lie with impunity. She doesn't even pretend to tell the truth...she doesn't have to.

And Psaki somehow manages to shoehorn in condescension while she's lying. She's on offense. McEnany knew she was always on defense.

This is why Biden literally isn't allowed to answer any non-scripted questions. Biden literally has a list of people on whom he can or must call from clearly vetted questions.

ThreeFlangedJavis

If you truly wanted to combat Covid you would send the recovered to the back of the vaccine queue, vaccinate the vulnerable and then the not previously infected. That way you maximize the Covid resistance of the population. You would also latch onto any medication showing any promise as a treatment or preventative, especially if inexpensive and freely available, and immediately begin trials. Both approaches are being actively resisted by certain authorities. What does that tell you?

ThreeFlangedJavis

fafnir wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm
sorry, that should have read...
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Of course it is not all that was being done, but what had actually been achieved? 99% of the country still wanted an Islamic country with Sharia law. Was that what we installed for them?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It takes a long time to change a culture so don't try and do it if you get bored easily.
How much time? In the most recent poll I can find from a few years back 99% of the country still wanted Sharia law. In what sense was the culture changed?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Long enough for people to get accustomed enough to bridges, reliable water supply, education and transport that they resist being dragged back to the stone age, that's how long.
Does that process actually work? They are tribal conservative Muslims. If a bunch of people waving pro sodomy flags turn up in their country, are bridges going to be enough to persuade them? Would better infrastructure be enough to persuade us to live under a tribal chieftain and accept Sharia law? What measure of success is there to point to your average villager being won over?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
When enough women become accustomed to not having to hide at home and they have children of their own.
Does that process actually work? It sounds a little bit like what Democrats are trying in US schools at the moment. The Democrat plan for US education seems to be creating quite a bit of hostility. Was there really not violent hostility to teaching western feminist gender politics in Afghan schools from the families of the students?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
The reason the Taliban resist progress so hard is that they know it lures people away from their backward lifestyle. Why are the women locked up at home and all those people fleeing? You think that's because they want Sharia?
Is it actually the case that the conservative muslim women of the world are crying out for western secular liberalism and are yearning to wave pro-sodomy flags if only we will come and save them? Are conservative Texan women crying out for abortion to be freely available? Do these people want us to save them, or do we just think they should? I go back the the survey that found 99% support for living under Sharia law.... these are the people who are crying out to be rescued from theocratic rule?

You certainly do seem to think that gender studies and pro sodomy training are the dominant component of development efforts in Afghanistan. You keep coming back to it. It shouldn't feature at all as it obviously is counterproductive.

What I can say with some confidence is that support for archaic religions is more likely to wane with increased access to modern amenities than otherwise. Never said it was easy or quick or that anyone owed the Afghans the commitment. What I do say is don't make promises you don't intend to keep. Also, support for Sharia and support for the Taliban are not necessarily the same thing.

ThreeFlangedJavis

I suspect there is a bit of panic in the Democratic Party. Harris is proving such a disaster they're going to have to stick with Biden and who knows where that train is headed. Efforts to bring in substitute voters and fortify election law are being redoubled.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:43 am
You certainly do seem to think that gender studies and pro sodomy training are the dominant component of development efforts in Afghanistan. You keep coming back to it. It shouldn't feature at all as it obviously is counterproductive.
I'm not saying it is the dominant component. I think that that we were doing it at all, and so publicly, is a sign of lack of seriousness.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
What I can say with some confidence is that support for archaic religions is more likely to wane with increased access to modern amenities than otherwise.
Perhaps. Was that happening? The most recent poll I've seen had 99% of the country wanting to live under Sharia law. Iran is at a higher level of development, as is Pakistan. Is that the level of religiosity that we were aiming for?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Never said it was easy or quick or that anyone owed the Afghans the commitment.
Nobody owes the Afghans who 99% support Sharia law the commitment necessary to occupy their country and change their culture so that they abandon their primitive beliefs? We aren't doing this because they asked us to. If we aren't doing it because we want to, why the hell were we doing it?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
What I do say is don't make promises you don't intend to keep. Also, support for Sharia and support for the Taliban are not necessarily the same thing.
Sure, but were we building a conservative Muslim country for these conservative Muslims, or were we building a country that we liked better than that and assuming they'd realise how backward they'd been? Implementing gender studies programmes and encouraging people to embrace western values in a country like Afghanistan seems wicked to me as the effect is to increase the downside of our failure and reduce the odds of our success.

I've posted my 99% wanting Sharia law stat. That comes from 2013 - https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the ... ut-sharia/. I have been looking for something more recent, but so far no luck. Do you have anything indicating the nation building/hearts and minds/hopey-changey stuff was actually working outside some tiny percentage of the population? It feels like if that effort was going well, there would be a lot of data out there to support it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I thing of remaining in the 'pyt quietly, then when the opportunity arises stabbing someone from beneath to kill them.

Afterwards, I'll roast and eat their heart in order to understand the language of birds.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gunt Brigade protesting Texas' new 'heartbeat' abortion ban.

I would've recommended not patterning their t-shirt design off the Dunkin' Donuts logotype.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Woman with a penis who caused a fracas at LA spa “has a long criminal history in California that includes nearly a dozen felony convictions for crimes ranging from sex offenses to burglary and escape.” S/h/it “is also facing six felony counts of indecent exposure over a separate locker room incident in December 2018. Los Angeles County prosecutors accuse Merager of indecent exposure to women and children in a changing area at a swimming pool in West Hollywood Park.”

The transwoman is a woman, period claims it's all part of systemic anti-trans discrimination.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/02/charges-f ... -incident/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Gunt Brigade protesting Texas' new 'heartbeat' abortion ban.

I would've recommended not patterning their t-shirt design off the Dunkin' Donuts logotype.
Wow, that'll really shake up Greg Abbott and make him think again!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Woman with a penis who caused a fracas at LA spa “has a long criminal history in California that includes nearly a dozen felony convictions for crimes ranging from sex offenses to burglary and escape.” S/h/it “is also facing six felony counts of indecent exposure over a separate locker room incident in December 2018. Los Angeles County prosecutors accuse Merager of indecent exposure to women and children in a changing area at a swimming pool in West Hollywood Park.”

The transwoman is a woman, period claims it's all part of systemic anti-trans discrimination.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/02/charges-f ... -incident/
Wispa:

https://dworkins.com/media/catalog/prod ... 48ct_1.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... cy/619940/

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers too plainly proves a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing us to slavery.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers too plainly proves a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing us to slavery.
Well, the bastards were sent there as crims anyway - the liberty was a mistake to begin with, IMHO.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:14 pm
Well, the bastards were sent there as crims anyway - the liberty was a mistake to begin with, IMHO.
Not all of them. Some of them were sent there as guards.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
So it's come full circle. What about all those whores?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
fafnir wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
So it's come full circle. What about all those whores?
Fuck 'em!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The SA app fulfils the same function as electronic bracelets. And is only relevant to people already supported to be quarantining with high overhead police checks because dickheads won’t quarantine even when there is an identified significant risk.

I love the Hersey-tinfoil though.

Of more import - NZ has enjoyed a mostly peaceful Islamic stabbing. Can’t wait to see old horse-face prostrate herself for the white citizen victims.

Hmm. Shuffling the NZ deck with imported goat-fuckers is the successful strategy that just keeps paying a dividend.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

*supposed*

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:25 pm
Hmm. Shuffling the NZ deck with imported goat-fuckers is the successful strategy that just keeps paying a dividend.
Isn't the preferred term in New Zealand "Orcs" or "Uruk-hai"?

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Actually, SA is very proud of being the only state which didn't take convicts.

And the Atlantic story seems a little... disingenuous. What SA seems to be doing is offering the option to quarantine at home providing you check in with their app, vs. quarantining in a hotel at your expense.

Pseudomonas

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

South Australia had a strong German stream of immigrants.

Coincidence?

https://www.southaustralianhistory.com.au/german.htm

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Amazing how the shootings were ideologically inspired and required blanket action while this was something else.
Speaking about the attack before taking questions, Ardern said: “It was hateful, it was wrong. It was carried out by an individual, not a faith. He alone carries the responsibility for these acts.”
The pathetic, yet ultimately self destructive, mewings of the liberal left. They, not COVID, will be our ultimate downfall.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: The SA app fulfils the same function as electronic bracelets. And is only relevant to people already supported to be quarantining with high overhead police checks because dickheads won’t quarantine even when there is an identified significant risk.
I thought all of you were under house arrest, with one hour yard privileges.

Look, if they can treat you like convicts over this not really significant risk, imagine what they'll do for the next crisis [real or manufactured.]

Of more import - NZ has enjoyed a mostly peaceful Islamic stabbing. Can’t wait to see old horse-face prostrate herself for the white citizen victims.
Will Leave It To Beaver don a burqa this time in solidarity with the newly re-oppressed afghan wymmynz, I wonder?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CO would do the trick, but that's a stretch. We're in a very severe drought, and all the creeks are mostly dry. If they drank any standing water, it would be chock full of nasties.

"Unknown hazards" found. Not as dramatic as "an unopposable force of nature," but still very vague.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/unkno ... ar-AANZGXC

As someone who lives in the Sierra Foothills, albeit a ways north of where they were, I can attest there's a long list of ways city folks can get in trouble out here. They just don't comprehend what it's really like, come unprepared, and repeatedly push the envelope. Note the fashion jeans, and running shoes in the snow:
Gerrish-Chung-1-very_gigapixel.jpg
(191.12 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Temps were over 100º. IDK if it was smoky down there -- it was horrendous up here. That trail is only 3 miles long -- so 6 RT -- but described as "moderate to strenuous." It's no stroll in the park on a good day:
Lundy_2.jpg
(99.96 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

More pix: https://sierranewsonline.com/hiking-on- ... ndy-trail/

Not a trail I'd take a dog and an infant in a papoose with.

I notice water features in those pix. If the family didn't pack enough water ....

I call Bad Decision, Good Outcome bias.

ThreeFlangedJavis

The CDC knows there's a decent chance the stuff works, they just don't want to admit it to you.

Congratulations, you're approaching South African ANC levels of govt incompetence and unaccountability. How many lies has Biden told over Afghanistan now? Now that it's been revealed Ghani told Biden that the Taliban were invading with foreign fighters and Pakistani help and Biden told him to keep his mouth shut you'd expect Biden to be extra crispy by now. Add the revelation that they left a vast majority of legit Afghans behind while bringing out any random unknowns the Taliban let them have and he should have no chance of surviving. Never mind that he turned Talibani Afghanistan into one of the best armed nations of it's size on the planet. But you live in postmodernist mind fuck America where the only reality is what Jen Psaki says it is. Now nobody wants to hear about whistleblowers or phone transcripts. It's pathetic. Never mind, trivia, at least he withdrew from Afghanistan.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Now nobody wants to hear about whistleblowers
Chelsea Manning has gone full-FtB.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... greenwald/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
CO would do the trick, but that's a stretch. We're in a very severe drought, and all the creeks are mostly dry. If they drank any standing water, it would be chock full of nasties.

"Unknown hazards" found. Not as dramatic as "an unopposable force of nature," but still very vague.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/unkno ... ar-AANZGXC

As someone who lives in the Sierra Foothills, albeit a ways north of where they were, I can attest there's a long list of ways city folks can get in trouble out here. They just don't comprehend what it's really like, come unprepared, and repeatedly push the envelope. Note the fashion jeans, and running shoes in the snow:

Gerrish-Chung-1-very_gigapixel.jpg

Temps were over 100º. IDK if it was smoky down there -- it was horrendous up here. That trail is only 3 miles long -- so 6 RT -- but described as "moderate to strenuous." It's no stroll in the park on a good day:

Lundy_2.jpg

More pix: https://sierranewsonline.com/hiking-on- ... ndy-trail/

Not a trail I'd take a dog and an infant in a papoose with.

I notice water features in those pix. If the family didn't pack enough water ....

I’d say there’s natural but unexpected combinations of circumstances in both cases. Like a typical cascading escalation seen in many plane crashes.

I’d still test for radioactivity though. You can’t afford to be blasé. ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
I’d say there’s natural but unexpected combinations of circumstances in both cases. Like a typical cascading escalation seen in many plane crashes.
That's often how disasters unfold -- it was for the Donner Party, for example.

I think these fools made all their mistakes at once: going hiking without proper gear, with a baby and dog in tow, into a desolate region with no cell service, on a day when temps were pushing 109. On days like that, I just feed the horses then head back to sit in front of the swamp cooler and shitpost on the internet all day.

Well, we don't have gulags for prisoners to have escaped from. Yet.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

57% eh?

Brave new world.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
That's often how disasters unfold -- it was for the Donner Party, for example.

I think these fools made all their mistakes at once: going hiking without proper gear, with a baby and dog in tow, into a desolate region with no cell service, on a day when temps were pushing 109. On days like that, I just feed the horses then head back to sit in front of the swamp cooler and shitpost on the internet all day.

Well, we don't have gulags for prisoners to have escaped from. Yet.
It seems the obvious factor is heat exhaustion. I can imagine the baby being at especial risk and the dog tied up. They must have had fuck all water for both adults to die in the day. A reasonable scenario is they used their water on the way out, the baby got sick, they stopped and either drank rubbish or just flaked in the heat.