Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: “In all honesty, if a friend tells me that she has Covid, I might go to her so that she coughs on me,” another admitted.
French kissing would seem more certain -- and apropos.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I don't think you can say that with any confidence.
The researchers who conducted all those RCTs felt confident to say it. CDC felt confident to say it for years up until May of last year. Fauci said it with confidence ... in confidence.

There are sources claiming that the virus is small enough to penetrate masks
That's not a claim, it's a measurable fact. It's like trying to stop mosquitoes with a chain link fence.

... not true since the mask stops the droplets which contain the virus.
Droplets contain virus, but not all virus is contained in droplets. And it's been found that the teeny tiny aerosols, which a cloth or paper barrier won't block, are the ones that get deep into the lungs and cause nearly all the infections.

A mask might make all the difference when buying a loaf of bread.
If air is getting around or through the mask, it's useless.

Opinions on the subject seem to dovetail rather nicely with political leanings. Maybe we just don't have enough data to know the true picture or the people tasked with collecting the data are not trustworthy.
Whether masks were of any use was never a political question until Spring of last year, when the TDS realized they could take down Trump with the pandemic. Only one side is censoring scientific papers and opinions. The wearing of masks has such a performative value to the conformist Left, it's difficult to argue that their fanatical support for masks is based on anything other than ideology.

As I understand it, even if the vaccine were perfect it wouldn't prevent infection since only the blood is protected. The infection would be limited to the nasal area which would still make the infection contagious. So why all the guilt-tripping?
Conformity.

I've also heard that asymptomatic transmission is unlikely so you are not going to have hordes of the unvaccinated unknowingly spreading virus.
I saw one study estimated asymptomatic trx at 0.3%, another at 0.7%. Many unvaxxed have also been previously exposed, thus are resistant and not spreading much if at all.

The demographic least likely to visit a doctor or stay home from work are illegal immigrants, the very people Biden is shipping around the country untested or allowing to enter unchecked. Nothing illustrates the cynicism and hypocrisy more clearly than that.
No coincidence that the ones not let loose in TX were shipped to FL, then the Biden admin tried to shame FL for its rise in cases.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

THIRD Hunter Biden Laptop!

First one-- he left at the computer repair shop.

Second one-- was seized by the DEA at his friend's office-- a disgraced psychiatrist.

this Third one-- taken while he passed out on party-drugs in a Las Vegas hotel with 3 Russian drug dealers.

According to Hunter, his binge was ’18 days going round from penthouse suite to penthouse suite,’ sometimes costing $10,000 a night.

SOURCE: a video of Hunter nude with a prostitute-- telling her his problems.

Between flicks of the crackpipe lighter, Hunter says the Russians who took the laptop know "my dad is running for President" and
"I make a gazillion dollars"

Biden describes passing out face down in a rooftop infinity pool.

Then Hunter discusses whether he'll get a cut of the sex tape revenue:

"'I'm worried he gets the money up front and maybe it doesn't do a million dollars, maybe it does three. Maybe nobody wants to see me naked,' he said.

'Maybe it's 'news interest' and because my dad's a public figure they say 'we don't have to pay you anything because you're of interest in regular news.'

'I think you should just beat him to the punch,' the prostitute replied. 'I think you should release your own video.'"

Video & full transcript:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... aptop.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I heard some gossip-- from a California faggot-- he said he used to do cocaine with Gavin Newsom & Kimbery Guifoyle-- back before she married Donald Trump Junior.

And now, well...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I heard some gossip-- from a California faggot-- he said he used to do cocaine with Gavin Newsom & Kimbery Guifoyle-- back before she married Donald Trump Junior.

And now, well...

He's a dry drunk and the kind of guy who punches walls and kicks dogs. He was down 11 pts in the last public recall poll, and the internal polls are likely worse.

Half the state is on fire, the rest is overrun with crime and homeless shitting in the street.

When Gray Davis got recalled, none of his fellow Dems lifted a finger, cuz Davis had stepped on lots of toes on his way up. The Pelosi-Newsom crime family is like the Medici. Any Dem with any aspirations would not shed a tear if this incompetent hack were out of the way.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I’d open access to my ‘air-bridge’ 🍆 ✈️

In that case you might want to check out if she's available...

Shirley.jpg
I could do Barbara Eden. I’d bring my shovel to my first date with Dawn Wells.

So yep. I’d have a crack. For old times sake.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Alas.

“Thank you for your service”

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/163 ... irley-teer

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Steersman wrote: Think you and far too many others - including the author of that River Cities Reader [RCR] article - are unclear on the concept. Masks aren't intended to protect the wearer but those exposed to the wearer's exhalations:
You mean, like, it's for the good of the collective? Then why didn't anyone every say that?
That Atlantic article – from April 2020 – said it. The Forbes article - from July of 2020 - said it:
The entire purpose of wearing a mask is to reduce the viral load that you're likely to transmit to and receive from another person.
And, if I'm not mistaken, many others before and since.

But aren't you a member of the "collective" known as the United States? You seriously think that, in general, your survival doesn't depend significantly on the survival of that collective?

While you don't seem to give much of a rat's ass about those who die from Covid, you might at least give some thought to the impact that large numbers of Covid patients in the medical system, in all the nation's hospitals, and the consequences of that should you need emergency medical care of one sort or another:
"It is true that hospitals are often overcrowded (in) both ICUs and ERs," Dr. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association, told USA TODAY in an email. "The difference is that they don’t have patients in the hallways waiting for ICU beds in the volume that we have today because of COVID." ....

Data show that, over the past few weeks, rising COVID-19 infections have put a renewed strain on hospitals. Several states are seeing their highest hospitalization rates since the coronavirus pandemic began.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 472960001/

Masks are designed, or intended, to reduce the spread of the virus and the impact of large numbers of patients on the medical system. One might argue that we all have something of social obligation, part of the social contract, to do what we can - for our own self interest if not for anyone else's interest - to minimize that impact.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
That conflation is painfully evident - sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb - in just reading the titles and synopses of the articles quoted by the RCR:
Don't waste my time asking for sources if you're only gonna proof text with the synopses. The results of the studies were clear: overall infection rate in a given environment is not reduced by the general use of face masks.
Most if not all scientific journal articles - which, if I'm not mistaken, included most if not all of the sources quoted - start off with abstracts, summaries of the conclusions that the bodies of the articles provide the evidence to justify. If, as is the case, the conclusions are irrelevant to the question at hand then it's pointless to read the bodies of those articles - the abstracts are the smoking guns.

Though you might have something of a point with "not reduced by the general use ..."; see below.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Issue generaly isn't the "mask mandate" but what is the percentage of the population that are actually wearing them. See this article and note the "adherence":
Mask adherence and rate of COVID-19 across the United States
According to the propaganda piece in Atlantic you cite,
If we lower the likelihood of one person’s infecting another, the impact is exponential, so even a small reduction in those odds results in a huge decrease in deaths.
So, a state or country with 90% mask compliance should've had less cases than one 75%, and one with even only 50% compliance should've done better than one with no mask wearing. Yet that was not the case. There was no correlation whatsoever.

<snip>

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/th ... top-covid/
As I said, you may have something of a point there; some cause to question why the study I quoted is somewhat inconsistent with the Federalist article data. But to answer that question, one has to sort of understand how and why masks work, at least from a theoretical point of view. And that article clearly indicates that many people haven't a fucking clue:
People can now be spotted wearing masks while camping by themselves in the woods or on a solo sailing trip.
Of course, if one is out alone in the middle of a lake, the chances of getting exposed to any covid particles is pretty close to exactly zero. Though it's nice that the author of that article concedes that masks are not totally "useless":
Studies do show masks can help in the case of direct respiratory droplets, which would matter if somebody is coughing, breathing, or sneezing directly on your face. That happens normally in a tight and highly confined space.
But that again emphasizes that many people simply don't understand the mechanisms of infection and the many factors that can influence its spread. This is a bit of a supposition, though one that seems consistent with existing models, particularly the Forbes article, but if many people, many of whom have significant viral loads, are in close proximity with the uninfected for extended periods of time - schools, shopping malls, etc - then masks are going to have a very limited effect on reducing the exposure of the uninfected. Masks generally work more from reducing the spread of exhalations, the volume of air with significant number of virus particles; jamming many people into close proximity, even with everyone masked, nullifies the benefits of that factor.

Partly why I brought up the graph of population distributions. Far too easy to take samples from a population and then infer that they are characteristic of the whole population when those inferences very often are simply untenable. There are often many factors involved in a particular process or phenomenon, and failing to account for them often leads to untenable conclusions.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
That might work though it's probably moot what impact that would have on the medical system. Not to mention the long-term complications.
Aside from a few, isolated anecdotes repeated as agitprop, no evidence exists of any significant long-term complications -- even conceding one can determine 'long-term' in the space of 18 months.
You ever get back to me on the evidence for that same "no evidence of significant long term complications" argument that you'd made earlier? Some evidence to refute the Mayo Clinc and the many other sources quoted in this Wikipedia article?
In May 2021, a global systematic review led by researchers at Stanford University reported that a wide variety of symptoms persisted in more than 70% of COVID-19 patients months after recovering from the initial phase of the disease.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_COVID

I'll readily concede that, as that article put it, "the illness is not well-characterized, has no understood mechanism nor fixed diagnostic criteria". But it seems rather "brave", at best, to so cavalierly dismiss a not inconsiderable amount of "evidence" from some fairly credible sources.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
"useless" is your claim which you have yet to prove; you're begging the question.
Yeah, I think you're just ignoring what people sa, because you want the attention an endless argument provides. ....
"endless argument" ... :lol: :roll: That's kinda rich given that you, Service Dog, and ThreeFlangedJavis apparently spent at least some 7 months on the topic in the previous thread.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: But let me tell you I got some news for you, and you'll soon find out it's true, and then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself.
"So there! And your grandmother wears army boots!" :roll:

Seems like you're trying to enforce some sort of orthodoxy on the topic: "we've always been at war with Oceania". Shunning of heretics and all that; sending me off to the Group W bench.

Kind of amusing, particularly if one has some affinity for gallows-humour, that so many of the arguments roiling the blogosphere are based on conflicting and inconsistent interpretations of various facts. Michael Shermer had a cogent observation on that phenomenon:

BelievingBrain_Shermer_Section_1A.JPG
(50.99 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

And I think the dichotomy over whether masks are intended to protect the wearer or those exposed to the wearer's exhalations is a case in point; our perspectives, our "unexamined assumptions", often colours our perceptions and arguments in ways we don't even realize:

Memes_ThreeSidesToEveryStory_Perspective1A.jpg
(40.45 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

Fuck Andrew Barr

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: Fuck Andrew Barr
There was no need to shoot Alexander Hamilton.

Though this might be an aberration of memory on my part.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: given that you, Service Dog, and ThreeFlangedJavis apparently spent at least some 7 months on the topic in the previous thread.
Stop & examine that claim, Steersman.

You took note that Lsuoma titled the previous thread 'The Matt, 3FJ, and Dog Conspiracy Show' & you jumped to conclusions about what that meant.

What it really means is-- Lsuoma poisoned the well, and you drank it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here’s the detailed review of cholesterol and LDL you’ve been looking for.

https://peterattiamd.com/the-straight-d ... ol-part-i/

Service Dog, you don’t need to listen to his voice.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Glad to see that Rand Paul isn't taking advantage of the pandemic: the fact he reported the trade about 16 months late show that he must have done it by accident, right?

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... treatment/

It can't be that he knew about this, right?
Though the size of the trade was small, said Joshua Mitts, an expert in securities law at Columbia University, it nonetheless “may have exploited knowledge of the impending pandemic.” Remdesivir was backed on Feb. 24, 2020 — two days before the purchase — by a WHO assistant director general, who described it as the only known drug that “may have real efficacy” in treating the novel virus.

The existence of public information causing Gilead’s stock to rise, Mitts said, doesn’t rule out the possibility that the purchase was built on additional knowledge delivered to the senator in private. Paul is a member of the Senate health committee, which in January hosted Trump administration officials for a briefing on the novel virus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: It can't be that he knew about this
Can't be he knew about... what?

The quote refers to a public statement from a WHO official.
Buying stock based on knowledge available to the general public-- isn't Insider Trading.
___
I recommend reading Lsuoma's link, if you're curious what a nothingburger tastes-like:

"raised questions about whether Paul’s family had profited" :fpig:
>>several>>sentences>>later>>
"Paul’s wife, Kelley... lost money on the investment"

___
"The senator ought to have an explanation for the trade and, more importantly, why it took him almost a year-and-a-half to discover it from his wife”
"a spokeswoman for Paul, said the senator completed a reporting form for his wife’s investment last year, but learned only recently, while preparing an annual disclosure, that the form had not been transmitted. He sought guidance from the Senate Ethics Committee, she said, and filed the supplemental report along with an annual disclosure"

___
"said James Cox, a professor of law at Duke University. “Did she give him a new birthday gift of a Mercedes..." :fpig:
>>let>>me>>repeat>>
""Paul’s wife ... lost money on the investment"

___
"‘Where did this money come from?'”
"the investment, which she made with her own earnings. The purchase was of between $1,000 and $15,000 of stock"

___
"Though the size of the trade was small, said Joshua Mitts, an expert in securities law at Columbia University, it nonetheless “may have exploited knowledge of the impending pandemic.”
>>
May. :fpig:

___
"The existence of public information... Mitts said, doesn’t rule out the possibility that the purchase was built on additional knowledge delivered to the senator in private."
>>
Doesn't Rule Out The Possibility. :fpig:

"the senator attended no briefings on COVID-19."
___
“What had already been revealed about its efficacy profile certainly weighs in her favor... Mitts said" "“There could have been information about interest that certain individuals within administration may have had in the product"
>>
Could Have Been :fpig:

___
"Paul cast the lone vote in the Senate against $8.3 billion in emergency spending to combat the emerging outbreak."

___
"Paul, an ophthalmologist ... the first U.S. senator to test positive for the virus... has since clashed with federal health authorities over masks and other tools to mitigate spread of the virus."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: It can't be that he knew about this, right?
The existence of public information causing Gilead’s stock to rise, Mitts said, doesn’t rule out the possibility that the purchase was built on additional knowledge delivered to the senator in private.
Absence of evidence is evidence. Got it.

“… why it took him almost a year-and-a-half to discover it from his wife,” said James Cox, a professor of law at Duke University. “Did she give him a new birthday gift of a Mercedes, and he all of a sudden said, ‘Where did this money come from?'”

Paul’s wife, Kelley, who is an author and former communications consultant, lost money on the investment, which she made with her own earnings. The purchase was of between $1,000 and $15,000.
Randal Howard Paul was born on January 7, 1963
Wow. That’s some Spotlight-calibre investigative journalism. I wonder what other dirt the paper of record for the Republic of CHAZ has dug up:
Woodward_and_bernstein.png
(54.45 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Well. that one was trivial compared to Mrs. Paul's fishy stock.

A watchdog group has called out House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a very profitable Tesla stock deal shortly before the Biden administration released plans to make the federal automobile fleet electric.

Last month, Paul Pelosi, a wealthy venture capitalist and husband of the California Democrat, bought up to $1 million worth of Tesla stock when the price was roughly $640.34 a share. The price had shot up to $838 a share by Thursday on the Nasdaq exchange.

[T]he company stands to reap huge profits if the federal government moves to an all-electric fleet.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ethics-qu/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ah, good old whataboutism. Pelosi is corrupt as fuck too, no dispute there.

Why the knee-jerk?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: I could do Barbara Eden. I’d bring my shovel to my first date with Dawn Wells.

So yep. I’d have a crack. For old times sake.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And re the evidence comment - my default is that - in the absence of evidence - EVERY congress person is corrupt as fuck. They ALL have their fucking hands out.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: in the absence of evidence - EVERY congress person is corrupt as fuck.
Now do journalists.

and the sources quoted in your garbage link:

James Cox, a professor of law at Duke University

Joshua Mitts, an expert in securities law at Columbia University

Jordan Libowitz, communications director for the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Ah, good old whataboutism. Pelosi is corrupt as fuck too, no dispute there.
It'd only be whataboutism (tu quoque), had I sought to exculpate Paul for insider trading. I didn't and wouldn't. I just see no evidence of any in that partisan hit job passed off as an objective news report.

Why the knee-jerk?
Good question. I think the Left's reflexive attacks on Paul are fear-based -- he's exposing the Branch Covidian lies and lunacy. If you're drawing Flak, you must be over the target.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: #496 Post by Lsuoma » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Ah, good old whataboutism.
posted>>within>>the>>same>>minute
Lsuoma wrote: #498 Post by Lsuoma » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 pm
EVERY congress person is corrupt as fuck. They ALL have their fucking hands out.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: And re the evidence comment - my default is that - in the absence of evidence - EVERY congress person is corrupt as fuck. They ALL have their fucking hands out.
Yet, with all those insider trading shenanigans, the Chop City Times only reported on Mrs. Paul losing on a pocket change trade, following release of public information, that probably was transacted by her money market.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Please don't include me in the "Left".

And it is whataboutism, in my definition: that is, it is responding with an accusation similar to the one originally made. There is no requirement for trying to exculpate/excuse the original target.

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.

(My emphasis added to the Wikipedia snip).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
And it is whataboutism, in my definition: that is, it is responding with an accusation similar to the one originally made. There is no requirement for trying to exculpate/excuse the original target.

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.
I did both: I exposed the newspaper's hypocrisy, and refuted its asinine, unfounded insinuations.

If Paul engaged in insider trading, then fuck him, too. But that was a desperate, flailing, straw-grasping attempt to smear him, clearly as punishment for his covid wrongthink.

I've never considered you a leftist, but you are spending lot of time defending the Faucian narrative.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The fuck? I've never defended the narrative. You might be reading stuff into my throwaway comments, but Fauci is a lying bitch.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: The fuck? I've never defended the narrative. You might be reading stuff into my throwaway comments
"How Dare You base your rebuttal on My Words! What I wrote was merely throwaway!" --F.T.*

*Fascist Tit. Fundamentally Troll.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: given that you, Service Dog, and ThreeFlangedJavis apparently spent at least some 7 months on the topic in the previous thread.
Stop & examine that claim, Steersman.
"apparently spent" is not much of a claim. Not like I was some sort of obsessive about numbers of posts, and dates and times: "Steersman, did you or did you not, with malice aforethought, post a link on February 21, 2016 to How Accurate is Wikipedia? by Natalie Wolchover, currently senior writer with a BSC in physics at Quanta Magazine?" ;)

I was just kind of amused that Matt was giving me a hard time about "wanting the attention that an endless argument provides".

But that's your biggest take-away from my latest magum opus? No credit at all for me conceding, more or less, that masks probably aren't as effective - while not being totally "useless" - as many of our politicians and health officials are touting them as? Tsk, tsk; no pleasing some people ... ;)

Curious that there hasn't been a better analysis of the effectiveness of masks; a deficiency that we might throw some stones at Faucci and Company for. But that "dickweed" at Forbes made a decent stab at it, particularly in linking to and using the tests of a "fluid dynamicist and mechanical engineer" at the National Institutue of Standards and Technology [NIST]:

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measu ... ad-disease

Seems to me that what is really required is some solid engineering model of how masks work, some numbers on the "mean radius of infection" and the "mean time to infection as a function of distance" both with and without masks of various types. Reminds me of a comment by William Thomson (Lord Kelvin):
“When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarely, in your thoughts advanced to the stage of science.”
But with those numbers in hand it might then be possible to model how effective masks are in various scenarios to curtail the spread of Covid as a function of general levels of current infection, how many people are actually wearing them, what are the typical conditions people are exposed to, and what are the average degrees of proximity.

As I mentioned before, many people seem not to realize that, as with gunpowder, there are many "elements" involved, many factors that contribute to how much of bang we can expect for our bucks.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: No credit at all for me conceding, more or less, that masks probably aren't as effective - while not being totally "useless" - as many of our politicians and health officials are touting them as?

Ok, I'll give ya credit: :clap:

And you're right about this, too:
Curious that there hasn't been a better analysis of the effectiveness of masks; a deficiency that we might throw some stones at Faucci and Company for.

Dr. Kanecia Zimmerman is an associate professor of pediatrics at the Duke University School of Medicine.
Dr. Danny Benjamin Jr. is a pediatric-infectious-disease specialist at Duke Health.

Since July 2020, they've operated the ABC Science Collaborative "to make sure that school leaders had the most up-to-date, scientific information pertaining to Covid-19 and K-12 schools".

Two days ago, they penned a guest essay https://archive.is/iarD2 in the New York Times, which echoed the stance they offer school policymakers faced with Covid decisions. "Should children be required to wear masks? Should children go to in-person classes at all?"

They claim to have "collected data from more than one million students and staff members in the state’s schools from March to June 2021".
___

For the next part of this story-- let's listen to Tucker Carlson. You can watch his video at this link... https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08 ... his-point/

...OR read the relevant portion of Tucker's transcript:
Why are we forcing masks on children? What data are we using to justify that decision?

Well, it turns out we don’t have any data to justify it. As of today, there has not been a single comprehensive study in the United States showing that children should wear masks in school or that mask would help them or anyone else in any way. What do we have then? Well, the closest thing we have to research is an op-ed that just ran in the renowned medical journal known as “The New York Times,” which you can buy from homeless people in Penn Station, if you want to take a look.

That article was written by two people from Duke University in North Carolina. Here is the headline, you may have seen it: “We studied one million students. Universal masking works.” That sounds definitive, a million students. That’s a major study. We’re impressed.

But there was one skeptical man out there, a journalist called David Zweig who wanted to know a little bit more about it, so he decided to look into the numbers. And as he did, the first thing he noticed was that every single one of the one million students, Duke’s researchers had quote “studied” went to schools that already had mask mandates. Those were the only kids they studied. In other words, there was no control group; therefore, by definition there was no way for the researchers to determine whether or not mask mandates worked.

That’s the most basic scientific rule. If you tried something like that with your sixth grade science project, the teacher would laugh at you and you’d get an F, but they did it anyway, because they’re at Duke.

So, David Zweig with this in mind reached out to the so-called researchers. Initially, they agreed to talk to him, why wouldn’t they? Then he asked them to explain why they had ignored schools that don’t have mask mandates? Schools in big places like Florida or Ireland or many other countries in Europe. These schools, it turns out have not seen a surge in COVID cases.

You’d think that it would be worth knowing. How is that not relevant data if you’re studying mask mandates? Why in the world was it not included in this study? What kind of study was this?

Guess how the researchers responded? They didn’t. They just ignored David Zweig. Is that science? No. But these are the people who now control your children’s lives. Fake experts, fraudulent scientists, partisans in lab coats; people seeking terrifying levels of control over what was until recently a free country, people who are drunk with power, people who’ve lost all sense of proportion and restraint.

Watch this school board member from Oklahoma, in Norman, Oklahoma tell you that maskless kids in classrooms could be committing murder...
In My Opinion, Tucker laid it on a little thick.
I would have preferred less JonStewart-style mugging for the camera... and a more in-depth look into that ABC Science Collaborative.
What have they been peddling to school boards and PTAs, for the last year, in the name of "trust the Science"?
Where's the accountability, if they accepted & spent public funds-- to spin the truth-- to further ulterior & partisan agendas.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Malone... Bret Weinstein... claiming that "the spike protein in COVID-19 vaccines is cytotoxic"
In their podcast conversation-- Malone & Bret W. cite the work of a Canadian: Dr. Byram Bridle-- a Viral Immunologist researching Cancer Vaccines & professor of Veterinary Medicine.
https://ovc.uoguelph.ca/pathobiology/pe ... m-W-Bridle

Bridle submitted a Freedom of Information request to the Japanese government-- to obtain Pfizer's jabvax applications -- because Japan's safety-data submission requirements are more stringent than the US or Canada.

8 days ago-- Laura Ingram interviewed Dr. Bridle on Fox News, to hear his claims about the Pfizer data-- and his response to the massive wave of search-engine-DE-optimization and one-sided 'fact checking' currently bombarding him:

That interview ran out of time. The following night, she again interviewed Bridle.
Link to PART 2 here:
https://rumble.com/vkwugg-laura-ingraha ... ridle.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Going unmasked or unvax'd is like drunk driving.
10,000 Americans are killed by drunk drivers, every year.
Demand mandatory breathalyzer tests for all K-12 students!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The CDC and Duke University

staked their reputations on 'science' which claimed 10's of Thousands of Deaths were prevented by Eviction Moratoriums.

That 'science' was used in news reports, public policy debates, and courtroom hearings.

The 'science' was fake. This taints all 'scientific' claims from those liars.

This video exposes their wrongdoing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: No credit at all for me conceding, more or less, that masks probably aren't as effective - while not being totally "useless" - as many of our politicians and health officials are touting them as?

Ok, I'll give ya credit: :clap:

And you're right about this, too:
Curious that there hasn't been a better analysis of the effectiveness of masks; a deficiency that we might throw some stones at Faucci and Company for.

Damned by faint praise. Or by praise at a vanishingly small font size ... ;)
Service Dog wrote: <snip>

In My Opinion, Tucker laid it on a little thick.
I would have preferred less JonStewart-style mugging for the camera... and a more in-depth look into that ABC Science Collaborative.
What have they been peddling to school boards and PTAs, for the last year, in the name of "trust the Science"?
Where's the accountability, if they accepted & spent public funds-- to spin the truth-- to further ulterior & partisan agendas.
Maybe. Though "trust the science" is getting a bit tarnished these days. Was just reading a biographical article - in Wikipedia, natch ;) - on Kary Mullis, the inventor, more or less, of the PCR technicque, and it seems he had some credible criticisms of science these days:
A New York Times article listed Mullis as one of several scientists who, after success in their area of research, go on to make unfounded, sometimes bizarre statements in other areas.[56] In his 1998 humorous autobiography proclaiming his maverick viewpoint, Mullis expressed disagreement with the scientific evidence supporting climate change and ozone depletion, the evidence that HIV causes AIDS, and asserted his belief in astrology.[57][58] Mullis claimed climate change and HIV/AIDS theories were promulgated as a form of racketeering by environmentalists, government agencies, and scientists attempting to preserve their careers and earn money, rather than scientific evidence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mull ... ate_change

Off the wall with AIDS and climate change, but some justification for "preserve their careers and earn money". He's hardly unique on that latter score - Lee Smolin's The Trouble With Physics for example. He who pays the piper and all that. A quote of H.L. Menken along the same line:
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
Found in this essay which I think I linked to earlier:

https://michaelrobillard.substack.com/p ... w-academia

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Malone... Bret Weinstein... claiming that "the spike protein in COVID-19 vaccines is cytotoxic"
In their podcast conversation-- Malone & Bret W. cite the work of a Canadian: Dr. Byram Bridle-- a Viral Immunologist researching Cancer Vaccines & professor of Veterinary Medicine.
https://ovc.uoguelph.ca/pathobiology/pe ... m-W-Bridle

Bridle submitted a Freedom of Information request to the Japanese government-- to obtain Pfizer's jabvax applications -- because Japan's safety-data submission requirements are more stringent than the US or Canada.

<snip>
The guy's CV at the University of Guelph looks fairly credible. But I see a bunch of other equally credible if not more credible academics at the University have come out with a letter condemning Bridle's arguments:

https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/files ... Guelph.pdf

And "A Concerned Scientist" likewise:

https://byrambridle.com/

And AP News ditto:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-377989296609

Curious how supposedly more or less equally qualified individuals can come up with quite inconsistent arguments and conclusions. The operation of our immune system is so complex that it is maybe not surprising that many academics, while qualified in some areas, are out of their depths in peripherally related ones.

But, offhand, if our immune system is going to attack our own cells because they have the spike proteins embedded in their surfaces then one might reasonably wonder whether that's the beginning of auto-immune diseases.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Lsuoma wrote: And re the evidence comment - my default is that - in the absence of evidence - EVERY congress person is corrupt as fuck. They ALL have their fucking hands out.
This is my problem with you. Limiting it to congress people. MPs are also corrupt as fuck.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: This is my problem with you. Limiting it to congress people. MPs are also corrupt as fuck.
Seems a bit short-sighted.

There are plenty of reasons to take issue...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:
This is my problem with you. Limiting it to congress people. MPs are also corrupt as fuck.
Well, I didn't say that ONLY congressers are corrupt as fuck - there was no way I was excluding other legislators...

It may be the case the all A are B, but that doesn't me that ONLY A are B. Get your syllogisms right!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: But, offhand, if our immune system is going to attack our own cells because they have the spike proteins embedded in their surfaces then one might reasonably wonder whether that's the beginning of auto-immune diseases.
Ok, good, if you stipulate that as a starting-point, then you & I are on the same page.

Beyond that-- I actually agree with Sam Harris & Topol-- that jabbing a hundred million people & seeing relatively-few cases of bad effects... suggests that Brindle's pessimism may have been excessive.

But re-read my last sentence and think-about what an insane method of discovery that was. That's Not How We Do Ethical Science.

Regarding the anti-Bridle links... the letter from his collegues turns me off, right from the start:
We are a science-based faculty and staff at the University of Guelph who support evidence-based
decisions and disagree with misinformation being circulated by a member of the faculty at the Ontario
Veterinary College.
I don't like their insinuation that "we" are science-based and evidence-based, but Bridle is not. Bridle took the initiative to obtain more-complete Evidence from Japan. His critics were content to base their opinion on the less-complete Canada/US data set.

The word 'misinformation' has been so abused by censors, that they should have avoided it-- in favor of presenting their counter-claims.

And I'm wary of in-group/out-group faculty letters such as the one signed by Jordan Peterson's colleagues and the Duke University Lacrosse letter. The ass-kissing politics are all too obvious: within that school, one's career may rise or fall based on willingness to parrot the party line/ not based on underlying truth. And that school's funding may rise or fall based on pandering to the politicians who control funding.

Obviously, I should dig beyond that first sentence. But that's my very-first impression.
____

I've seen that 2nd link before. I encountered it when I tried to look-up Bridle's bio. The search engine results were flooded with a campaign of anti-Bridle links. And there at the top was "byram bridle dot com". Obtaining the URL for an opponent's own name & using it to discredit the opponent is fighting dirty. I'm not entirely opposed to fighting dirty, but the mud gets on the mud-slinger as well as the target. Given the immense global propaganda campaign in favor of the jabshots/ and against critics-- and the ethical lapses of the propagandists having-been exposed multiple times-- I'm inclined to side with giving Bridle voice FIRST --and vetting his controversial claims-- after.

But that's just a starting point.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: The CDC and Duke University

staked their reputations on 'science' which claimed 10's of Thousands of Deaths were prevented by Eviction Moratoriums.

That 'science' was used in news reports, public policy debates, and courtroom hearings.

The 'science' was fake. This taints all 'scientific' claims from those liars.

This video exposes their wrongdoing.

The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is apathy.

For my entire life I have been able to debunk stupidity. It comes easy for me. I am naturally skeptical. It is obvious that eviction moratoriums will not significantly affect Coco infection... but... researches who are driven by ideology can easily pass off a paper full of lies to a media and public who want to "do what is right".

But... these things are all a scam to take power and money away from hard working honest people and send it to pathetic people and politicians who want to claim they are "doing what is right".

I used to just laugh this shit off. After all, stupid people are gonna be stupid. But, it is worse than that now. The stupid people actually have power. Politicians and "scientists" actually promote wrong ideas to change the world in order to change our culture. It is fucking crazy.

And... my wife and I can barely even watch a movie together anymore.

wife: "You used to be so nice and kind... what happened to you? Can't you just sit and enjoy a movie anymore?"

me: "I've been red pilled. I just can't stand most media. It is all bull shit. I think you really don't like me anymore."

wife: "It is not that I don't like you... but you are so hard to get along with."

me: "Yeah.... I mostly fucking hate people these days."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: And... my wife and I can barely even watch a movie together anymore.

wife: "You used to be so nice and kind... what happened to you? Can't you just sit and enjoy a movie anymore?"

me: "I've been red pilled. I just can't stand most media. It is all bull shit. I think you really don't like me anymore."

wife: "It is not that I don't like you... but you are so hard to get along with."

Me too, in some ways. When we were courting I sent the LHG a mix-tape and she hated pretty much all of it. We agreed early on that that sort of thing wasn't going to be an issue. She watches TV, I don't. She like Hollywood movies, I don't. I think most media is BS, and I pretty much hate most people too.

She accepts that and it works out OK for us...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: me: "I've been red pilled. I just can't stand most media. It is all bull shit.
Several days each week-- my motorcycle-mechanic friend rides his bicycle around the edges of Brooklyn & Queens-- along the waterfronts. He was a bmx kid, so he can hop his bike a couple feet into the air, while riding on a flat surface. Can wheelie for hundreds of feet-- scary-fast without the rolling-resistance of 2 wheels-- down the steep curve of the Brooklyn Bridge. He's freaked-out about coming to Manhattan or veering-inward to the population-dense neighborhoods. And he can't stand recent movies, television, commercials. (I'm not saying you're very much like this dude, John. I'm just reminded of him by your aversion to movies.)

He's always bugging me to ride with him. He's right that I'm fat & soft. I've only gone a few times. He's hard to deal with.

This week, I didn't even respond to his texts for several days. Only half-intentionally. I rarely even looked at my fone. He was irritated by being ignored (the opposite of love is apathy. a child prefers negative-attention of being scolded/ to being ignored). His last text was a word-jumble ... basically saying that The Jews are puppeteering society to crash-- so they can emerge on top. I have a loose policy of behavior-modification... 'Extinction' is the dog-training term... of ignoring him until the next-day... when he says shit like that. I would even engage with it-- try to figure-out what he's trying to say & if there's some seed of truth & try to reconnect with reality-- except doing-so has led nowhere. He has already decided that anyone who disagrees is hypnotized by the conspiracy.

His IQ is probably higher than mine. He has engineered high-performance cnc custom motorcycle parts & electric devices. But he's 'mercurial' as-in fast-talking & mind-jumping all over the place & interrupting replies. As-in Mercury the info-messenger god racing-racing around/ a stroke of insight/ Quicksilver/ & Mad-Hatters talking crazy from Mercury poisoning.

Last night, I called him. He loved that sketch comedy show "The Whitest Kids U Know" and was upset that one performer died at 41. I always thought he loved that show waaay too much. Like he was reading more into it than was really there. "I can't believe the subversive stuff they snuck onto the air!" He said the dead guy recently signed a deal with Disney. He was self-aware that his mind was trying to make conspiratorial connections that Disney had him killed because he Knew Too Much.

Toward the end of the call-- he mentioned the 11 long years he worked at a very busy motorcycle repair garage. Worked on thousands of bikes. He said he had to buy expensive work boots... because, due to poor ventilation-- the gasoline in the air would make the rubber in his sneakers soft. The soles would wear out-- sometimes in 3 weeks. He'd notice when walking in rain-- and water would pass thru the bottom & soak his socks. I think the gasoline had a similar effect on his brain. He's been fighting COPD for a few years. And the petrol has exotic additives these days, too. Once-- in 2006-- I made the mistake of trying to wash grease off my hands with gas-- like when I was a kid-- and I was immediately hit with an unpleasant psychedelic experience... a throbbing echo in my ears, like the sound of a music CD skipping. And I 'browned-out'.

A couple days ago-- there was a strange news story which held my gf's attention. A wife noticed her husband took the kids in a van-- without the safety seat. She tracked his phone location using an app-- and saw he had crossed into Mexico. Alarmed-- she called the police. She said she didn't think he was a danger to the kids, but was worried for his safety. Cops said he was only gone 6 hours-- they could do nothing. A day passed, woman contacted the cops again. Someone in Mexico found the kids killed with his spear-fishing device. They tracked the van back to the border-- stopped him there-- and he said he had to kill the kids because they had Serpent DNA. He's a Christian & that was mixed-into his talk. He seemed unhappy about the turn of events, was quasi-rational about the necessity. He mentioned QAnon. Neighbors-- who trusted him with their kids-- saw nothing like this coming. The wife was distraught beyond words.

Many people-- from MAGA to further right-- think the progressives are pushing their buttons. Trying to provoke violent acts-- so the progs can 'react' with a crackdown on all our rights. Seizing guns, de-personing people from their assets & access to internet, financial services, etc.

I wonder if this child-killing father is the product of that button-pushing. His starting-point was accepting the Bible as a useful tool for navigating life-- and then look at all the ways Reality is meeting him halfway-- making every Jack Chick comic tract seem accurate: Hunter Biden walks free! Ilhan Omen holds power! But the child-killing father blew up in a way that's not politically useful. He didn't even use a gun.

My friend is harmless. He talks about The Jews like other people talk about UFOs. There's a giant difference between 'I think they're hiding something at Area 51' And trying to drive a Timothy McVeigh truck into the gates. One reason my friend is harmless-- is he's so dismissive of EVERYTHING. Only dumb fags believe in Alex Jones, QAnon, White Power talk. He says we're living in a Simulation-- but he thinks the Simulation is identical to reality in every-way (except one), so no need to worry about it. (The one difference is Elon Musk was clearly bald in reality. The Sim was launched to give him Matrix-hair. "Change My Mind" https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughMuskSpam ... i_love_it/ )

If my friend wanted to build Unabombs or a Killdozer-- he could. He doesn't want to. Same as my friend on the other side-- who painted FUCK TRUMP on the front & back of all his t-shirts & yelled in the street about killing white people.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: And... my wife and I can barely even watch a movie together anymore.

Definitely don't watch FALLING DOWN, then.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Keating wrote:
Well, I didn't say that ONLY congressers are corrupt as fuck - there was no way I was excluding other legislators...

It may be the case the all A are B, but that doesn't me that ONLY A are B. Get your syllogisms right!
:)
BrainyQuote_Conan_Doyle_EliminateTheImpossible1A.jpg
(118.19 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
;)

Generally many people don't have a really good handle on logic and how their minds work. Kind of surprising in a way as there's some justification to argue our brains are built from what are essentially logic gates - interesting exposition and popularization on that view from one William Calvin, a neurophysiologist in your neck of the woods at the University of Washington:

The problem though is generally that logic arguments are only as good as their premises. Which are often no more than errant moonshine:

Quotes_Hume_Finger_Prick.jpg
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote: Haha. My response to The Humanist.

https://thehumanist.com/commentary/sign ... -far-right
:clap: :)
3) I Pass - Most people who want to defund the police don't want anarchy... they are just stupid. It is a mistake to blame problems on conspiracy when they can more easily be blamed on stupidity.
I was just looking at the Wikipedia article on Hanlon's razor:
Hanlon's razor is a principle or rule of thumb that states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Seems that many conspiracy theories are based on "thinking" there's some nefarious group behind various phenomena - problematic ones or not - when their causes are often either stupidity, carelessness, or "emergence" as with Adam Smith's "Invisible Hand".

Interesting painting in the article:
The Court of Foolishness of Gerard de Lairesse. The accused, pursued by Hatred, is led by Calumny, Envy and Perfidy before a judge with donkey ears, surrounded by Ignorance and Suspicion.
Wikipedia_HanlonsRazaor_CourtOfFoolishness_1A.jpg
(190.01 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Seems to fit the current zeitgeist to a T.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: signs-youre-being-co-opted-by-the-far-right

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Local Sacramento TV news does multi-part exposé of Gavin Newsom's dirty dealing with PG&E:

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... 7971e5540b

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Video of the President's son nude with a hooker, doing drugs, and discussing being blackmailed by Russians who possess ANOTHER laptop.

No mention in the New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/search?dropmab= ... e=20210713

Zero mention at CNN:
https://www.cnn.com/search?q=hunter%20b ... ort=newest

Nothing at ABC News:
https://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtex ... 520&page=4

No mention in Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/newssear ... r=7%20Days

No mention on MSNBC:
https://www.msnbc.com/search/?q=hunter+ ... .sort=date

Fox News? YES.
https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/ingr ... nter-biden

Nothing on CBS News:
https://www.cbsnews.com/#search-form:

Nothing on PBS:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/search-res ... er%20biden

NPR... silent.
https://www.npr.org/search?query=hunter ... 1628208000

Zero mentions at Wall Street Journal:
https://www.wsj.com/search?query=hunter ... e%2Capfeed

(this is every source I checked.)

John D

Post by John D »

The little worm says "Thanks"!... and talks about is principles. He used to ride his bike and stuff.... and he is "faithful to the truth"!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: "faithful to the truth"...
..."and pursuing Social Justice". :banana-dreads: 2min24sec

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Crazy lookin' lawyer, crazy silver horse decoration behind him (when they pan left), a big crying Hawaiian fighterfighter.

What more could you ask for?

https://rumble.com/vl316i-hawaii-attorn ... ga&mrefc=2

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

UK govt reports an additional 1 million UK people became addicted to alcohol in 2020, due to lockdowns.

biggest increase among those age 65 and older

20% increase in booze deaths.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... demic.html

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hunter Biden has lost more laptops than I've ever owned.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like we have just pulled the final lever.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:38 pm
Looks like we have just pulled the final lever.

The time to guard against corruption and tyranny is before they shall have gotten hold of us. It is better to keep the wolf out of the fold, than to trust to drawing his teeth and talons after he shall have entered.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’ve never been impressed with the motives of our ruling class. 😐 🇨🇳 🇦🇺

We are distressingly short of nationalist minutemen. Where ‘nationalism’ is the radical concept of shared and valued notions of commonality based on shared tradition and geography.

Keating

Post by Keating »

For myself, I’ve been on the phone to every representative I can for as long as I can, plus emailing and letter writing. I don’t expect it to do much, but I figure the more time I can make them waste on me, the less they have to fuck things up further.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote: For myself, I’ve been on the phone to every representative I can for as long as I can, plus emailing and letter writing. I don’t expect it to do much, but I figure the more time I can make them waste on me, the less they have to fuck things up further.
A thankless task at times but generally a necessary one:
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/margaret_mead_100502

Not sure if the recent Covid response in Australia is overly draconian or not though it seems quite an uptick in cases:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... australia/

But if nothing else, Covid has kind of shown the true colours of many so-called politicians. Though more than a few seem worth their salt, Australia's Claire Chandler for example though on a different issue: