The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I just listened to Branca's Day 3 & Day 4 analysis of the George Floyd/Officer Chauvin Trial.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/

The detail which most stood out to me-- was that, while cuffed & sitting, Floyd had kicked-out at the cops with both legs. In response, a cop was sent looking-for a leg-hobble device.

I speculate... this may be (yet another) way in-which Floyd may have sealed his own fate. <--That's because the restraining-method which was used on Floyd when he was laying on the street-- is the same restraining-method which was taught to MPD officers-- as the correct way to put-on leg hobbles.

It seems to me-- that cops who are thinking 'This guy needs to be in leg-hobbles' would also-think '...so let's put him in the leg-hobbling position'.

If Floyd hadn't kicked-at the cops, they might not have put him in that specific position which he couldn't tolerate.

(I'm not sayin' the defense will make this argument, or a jury would find it compelling. Only sayin' -I- find it plausible.)
So far, it seems the prosecution is placing all its chips on riding that initial emotion we all felt when seeing the one video clip. I wouldn't be surprised if they close by saying this trial is more than just about GF and DC, but about systemic racism, and urging the jury to 'send a message'.

Because all the evidence that will come out will show that Chauvin did not kill Floyd, Floyd killed himself.

I'm unable to find out how many jurors it takes to convict.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
So far, it seems the prosecution is placing all its chips on riding that initial emotion we all felt when seeing the one video clip. I wouldn't be surprised if they close by saying this trial is more than just about GF and DC, but about systemic racism, and urging the jury to 'send a message'.

Because all the evidence that will come out will show that Chauvin did not kill Floyd, Floyd killed himself.

I'm unable to find out how many jurors it takes to convict.
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that verdicts must be unanimous. All twelve must agree. If they can't reach a unanimous verdict, the judge will tell them to try again. Once the jury convinces the judge that further deliberation will be fruitless, the judge can declare a hung jury. The state can try the defendant again without prejudice.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Branca's analysis points-out several examples-- of the prosecuting attorneys making imprecise statements. Such as asserting that _some_ of the drugs in Floyd's system couldn't have killed him/ while not-addressing the other drugs in Floyd's system. Also-- conflating the act of loading Floyd into the ambulance-- with the act of driving the ambulance several blocks before applying treatment.

The same is true of witnesses-- the self described "top" martial arts fighter, with a losing 5-6 fight record. The firefighter-lady who made firm 'expert' claims about the Fire/Ambulance response time... oblivious that she was making-the-case that an unusually-long slow response time killed Floyd/ not murder-crazed cops.

In other words, the same people who are faulting Chauvin for doing his job with such a degree of negligence that he killed Floyd... are themselves doing their job as prosecutors and witnesses... with a substantial, negligent margin-of-error. They're touting their own (dubious) expert professionalism, while finger-pointing at Chauvin for his (dubious) expert professionalism.

Their un-self-aware hypocrisy makes me slightly nauseous. The jury may also use semi-incompetent thinking to find Chauvin guilty of semi-incompetence. Without even noticing they don't meet the standard they're demanding of another.

John D

Post by John D »

Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. A bit of soreness in the arm. My wife and daughters are both fully vaccinated.

My mom's nursing home had an employee come down with the Coco.... so.... they cancelled all visits from family. And.... I'm like.... fuck this. The family visits didn't cause the Covid case. It was one of your own employees.... yeah.... one of those employees who will not get the vaccine. And then.... you are gonna punish my mom by cancelling family visits. Fucking hell.

My boss got the Coco. He caught it from his wife as far as he can tell. He didn't think he had but we had a convo where he said... "Wow John, I was so tired this weekend... I slept all weekend."... and I am like "Dood you have the Coco... this is a really common symptom." So he got tested and it was positive. He thinks his wife got it at the Dentist office, because they are really careful.

The case rate in Michigan is way up. I think we must have a really transmissible variant here. The death rate is pretty low however, at about 14 per day... In a state with 10 million people. In my view this is good news overall. The more people who catch it the faster it will burn out.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Getting my J&J tomorrow.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: one of those employees who will not get the vaccine.
An nursing home employee in Brooklyn told me about 1/3 of her co-workers don't want the jab. Most of the staff is asian and caribbean.

The nursing home where she works is in a Hassidic neighborhood, with lots of Hassidic clientele, so they're probably the least-likely to demand employees get jabbed.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That doesn't sound like a great combination.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Lsuoma wrote: Getting my J&J tomorrow.
Is that hip urban slang for a service that employees at an Asian owned 'day spa' provide?

<later>

Ha. I love the Internet. That was just a lame improvised joke. Who knew...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... %20Johnson

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Branca commentary on Chauvin trial, Day 5: https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... -opinions/

According to this analysis, the day's testimony consisted of prosecutors trotting-out a senior Minneapolis Police Dept homicide detective (who had very-little knowledge of this specific case) relying on him to make sweeping absolute statements: That the knee on the neck was _definitely_ deadly force, that a handcuffed suspect offers _zero_ threat to arresting officers, that _no_ knee-on-neck procedure is _ever_ authorized under Minneapolis training.

Which creates a paradox, at least according to me...

In a typical trial, the state would be motivated to show jurors police-witnesses who appear to be Good Cops making credible Good Testimony.

However, in this trial, the defendant is accused of being a Bad Cop. So... if the state shows the jury police-witnesses who seem-like Bad Cops making Bad Testimony... that might actually help the prosecution's case. After all, if the entire police department is full of murdering, lying Bad Cops-- then it follows that Chauvin could easily be a Bad Cop, too.

The same applies to the dozen ringers on the prosecution's team...high-powered private-practice lawyers brought-in to prosecute the case vs. a single attorney on Chauvin's side, playing defense.

Only one member of the prosecution team is a fulltime prosecutor employed by the state. (In a previous video Branca observes that's the only MN state prosecutor who MN Attorney General Keith "Antifa Handbook"/"Obama crony" Ellison trusted to perform as desired on the case.)

The state being so-willing to throw their overwhelming mighty-might at a relatively-defenseless 'little guy'... who is a cop... suggests how-much worse their unjust bullying would be against a regular poor nobody civilian schmuck.

I'd put decent odds on the possibility that Chauvin is a shitty cop with long career of violating citizen's rights. But I don't buy the state's case that Chauvin and the rookies on top of George Floyd are the only bad apples in Minnesota, soley and personally responsible for sullying MN's pristine Justice System.

Fuck Minnesota's George Floyd criminal lowlifes. Fuck Minnesota's criminals in uniform and in court roles. Fuck Minnesota's black radical agitators. And fuck Minnesota's 'nice' white progressive-know-nothing hobbits.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote: Branca commentary on Chauvin trial, Day 5: https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... -opinions/

According to this analysis, the day's testimony consisted of prosecutors trotting-out a senior Minneapolis Police Dept homicide detective (who had very-little knowledge of this specific case) relying on him to make sweeping absolute statements: That the knee on the neck was _definitely_ deadly force, that a handcuffed suspect offers _zero_ threat to arresting officers, that _no_ knee-on-neck procedure is _ever_ authorized under Minneapolis training.

Which creates a paradox, at least according to me...

In a typical trial, the state would be motivated to show jurors police-witnesses who appear to be Good Cops making credible Good Testimony.

However, in this trial, the defendant is accused of being a Bad Cop. So... if the state shows the jury police-witnesses who seem-like Bad Cops making Bad Testimony... that might actually help the prosecution's case. After all, if the entire police department is full of murdering, lying Bad Cops-- then it follows that Chauvin could easily be a Bad Cop, too.

The same applies to the dozen ringers on the prosecution's team...high-powered private-practice lawyers brought-in to prosecute the case vs. a single attorney on Chauvin's side, playing defense.

Only one member of the prosecution team is a fulltime prosecutor employed by the state. (In a previous video Branca observes that's the only MN state prosecutor who MN Attorney General Keith "Antifa Handbook"/"Obama crony" Ellison trusted to perform as desired on the case.)

The state being so-willing to throw their overwhelming mighty-might at a relatively-defenseless 'little guy'... who is a cop... suggests how-much worse their unjust bullying would be against a regular poor nobody civilian schmuck.

I'd put decent odds on the possibility that Chauvin is a shitty cop with long career of violating citizen's rights. But I don't buy the state's case that Chauvin and the rookies on top of George Floyd are the only bad apples in Minnesota, soley and personally responsible for sullying MN's pristine Justice System.

Fuck Minnesota's George Floyd criminal lowlifes. Fuck Minnesota's criminals in uniform and in court roles. Fuck Minnesota's black radical agitators. And fuck Minnesota's 'nice' white progressive-know-nothing hobbits.
It's all astounding. Antifa Wife Beater ( did his level best to keep all of the evidence from the public, relying on fragmented video and images to make the case.

You're not allowed to acknowledge that Floyd was high as fuck. You can't admit that there is video of him having swallowed his stash because the cops were called because someone noticed he was passed out in the driver's seat of the Mercedes. You can't point out that the cops accommodated him at every turn. You can't point out that he had more drugs in his system than a CVS. You can't point out that the cops called and then expedited the ambulance.

And now we learn that he overdosed two months earlier. You can't point out that calling for "Momma" was him calling for his druggie girlfriend in the car. You can't point out that he took pills before he even went into Cup Foods. You can't point out that his drug dealer was literally in the passenger seat of the car he would be driving if he weren't passed out and people were trying to wake him up.

I've lost all faith in the press.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:53 am
Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. A bit of soreness in the arm. My wife and daughters are both fully vaccinated.

My mom's nursing home had an employee come down with the Coco.... so.... they cancelled all visits from family. And.... I'm like.... fuck this. The family visits didn't cause the Covid case. It was one of your own employees.... yeah.... one of those employees who will not get the vaccine. And then.... you are gonna punish my mom by cancelling family visits. Fucking hell.

My boss got the Coco. He caught it from his wife as far as he can tell. He didn't think he had but we had a convo where he said... "Wow John, I was so tired this weekend... I slept all weekend."... and I am like "Dood you have the Coco... this is a really common symptom." So he got tested and it was positive. He thinks his wife got it at the Dentist office, because they are really careful.

The case rate in Michigan is way up. I think we must have a really transmissible variant here. The death rate is pretty low however, at about 14 per day... In a state with 10 million people. In my view this is good news overall. The more people who catch it the faster it will burn out.
Talking of vaccines, you conservatives are never happy. First you moan about illegal immigrants being shipped into the interior with no coof testing and now you are all bitching because your benevolent overlords are vaccinating them. What would it take to satisfy you. As your chief truth teller Psaki said, the goal is to vaccinate as many people as possible so stop your whining. Besides, it's only polite to look after your guests and lest you think you deserve preferential treatment, examine your citizen's privilege, bigot.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Not necessarily disagreeing with the sentiment, but might be worth considering an alternative take put forward by Tim Pool. In his estimation Floyd and his partner are probably victims of government drug policy. It seems Floyd got drug dependent after being prescribed medication to manage pain, which is a scandalously common thing. It would seem sensible to support such cases in getting off drugs rather than criminalising them. Chauvin is also a victim in some sense in that he ended up on the receiving end of the state's wrath as a result of having to clean up after the state's failures.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Not necessarily disagreeing with the sentiment, but might be worth considering an alternative take put forward by Tim Pool. In his estimation Floyd and his partner are probably victims of government drug policy. It seems Floyd got drug dependent after being prescribed medication to manage pain, which is a scandalously common thing. It would seem sensible to support such cases in getting off drugs rather than criminalising them. Chauvin is also a victim in some sense in that he ended up on the receiving end of the state's wrath as a result of having to clean up after the state's failures.
I'd be much more willing to agree with your sentiment if your further thought about Chauvin would prevent Minneapolis from being burned. (Again.)

Unfortunately, rational and deep thought is no longer possible.

John D

Post by John D »

Pretty sure it was a mistake giving women the vote.... (mostly joking.... but not entirely)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:

Today was my first day as a fishmonger. Went ok. My heels and lower back are sore from standing on pavement. The customers were alright-- even the snobby white ones and the ghetto caribbeans.

I dropped some hints to the boat captain that I'm not gonna be butthurt by his pro-Trump politics. But he kinda surprised me by choosing Qualified Immunity as the 1st political thing he wanted to talk about. He described it as 'this thing, New York City is taking away legal protection from the police'. I said "I'm not so sure Qualified Immunity is bad-- it protects cops who steal your shit-- while in your home during an investigation, for example. Then again, I thought the bail system was bad, until they replaced it with something worse. So I guess we'll see how it turns out." Captain seemed alright with that. We were both happy to see very-little political attire of any stripe.

George Floyd's drug abuse history goes pretty far back. Lots of cocaine, so I don't quite buy the opioid-victim theory. When I looked it up, I saw a description of the home invasion which sent Floyd to prison in Texas: he wore a fake utility worker uniform/ a woman resisted letting him into her house/ so he forced his way in/ pointed at gun at her abodomen/ let 5 other men in to loot her home & her person.

...and people think there's no good reason to laugh & smile watching him die on the pavement. Haw!

---

As for Chauvin... Everyone deserves a fair trial, but if anyone doesn't... it would be those who make trials unfair for others. Such as fucking cops. So there's justice in the injustice he's currently experiencing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Deplorable Colorblind White Supremacist Proud Boy Jim Crow MAGA Country Neanderthals intimidate an Asian nail shop in Milwaukee

John D

Post by John D »

Headline: "Crazy Nigger bashes Asian owned store with a pole".... Haha

Of course.... none of the articles mention the guy's obvious race. Many blacks hate Asians since they own many of the shops and stores in black neighborhoods. This promotes resentment... cause blacks will not work 18 hours a day to run a shop themselves.

Facebook is great on this. Every other comment asks about how the article omits the race of the attacker. Too bad I wasn't there... I would have shot him. Problem solved. You can't smash up innocent people's stuff from the grave.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 9Eun2ulKS0

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I saw Jesus in the ER today and asked him what the problem was. He said that he rose from the dead 2000 years ago, but it wasn’t until today that he saw a commercial telling him that if he had a resurrection lasting more than 4 hours, he should get immediate medical help.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HelpingHand wrote:
Is that hip urban slang for a service that employees at an Asian owned 'day spa' provide?

<later>

Is that like a "latte" ;) ;) at Starbucks?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
HelpingHand wrote:

<later>

Is that like a "latte" ;) ;) at Starbucks?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qs4mtbTsaL4/hqdefault.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

57% of calories consumed in the USA come from ultra processed food.
7 of the 11 top causes for death have a metabolic basis.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

URL dated 2018 sez the same FBI scammers who tried to extort Matt Gaetz for $25 Million in the name of 'rescuing Robert Levinson'... ran the same scam on a Russia Russia Russia dude under Obama...

https://media.patriots.win/post/sQcahY1A.jpeg
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/09/r ... o-mueller/

The Hill concurs:
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... n-oligarch

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 am
The Hill concurs:
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... n-oligarch
Mueller's just as much of a sack of shit as the rest of the Russian hysteria revolutionaries. He seems to have been a long term enabler of Andrew Weissman's malicious prosecutory malfeasance. As for his denials that he ever wanted Trump to appoint him FBI director, as Trump claimed, it does seem odd that a retraction of his application dated immediately after his appointment to head up the coup surfaced.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

GF just cracked a funny pronoun joke: "They're/hir"

John D

Post by John D »

Fur sure... really... I have no idea.... honestly... to tell you the truth...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's nice to think that even when people are coming from different places - and talking past one another - that some sort of understanding can be reached.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jonathan Turley believes that, because the state aimed too high on charges vs. Chauvin, murder vs. manslaughter, it must now resort to th risky move of asking the jury to ignore the state's own autopsy:

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/04/05/p ... -findings/

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote: It's nice to think that even when people are coming from different places - and talking past one another - that some sort of understanding can be reached.

Linguistic harmony is achieved through klopping, dominance and assimilation. One needs to be able to discuss the exchange rate for dane geld.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

You never get rid of the Dane.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: You never get rid of the Dane.
It would seem not - as there are people today that non-controversially refer to themselves as Anglo-Saxon.

And yet there are others of non-colour that would be offended if you referred to them as either Anglo or Saxon.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I can safely say I have no Anglo Saxon heritage at all. Although, I was born in Denmark, but I am not a Dane, so maybe you can get rid of me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: It would seem not - as there are people today that non-controversially refer to themselves as Anglo-Saxon.
No one seems to know about the Jutes.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: I can safely say I have no Anglo Saxon heritage at all. Although, I was born in Denmark, but I am not a Dane, so maybe you can get rid of me.
Not to be all pre-modern about it - but I believe that the meaning of the 'D' word is context dependent, and has shifted somewhat in the last 1100 or so years.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: It would seem not - as there are people today that non-controversially refer to themselves as Anglo-Saxon.
No one seems to know about the Jutes.

Which is weird since they were the ones the Roman Britain's invited in in the first place. That's a pattern that you see repeated over and over.... some group becomes too weak and ineffective to fight their own battles try to buy off the vitality of a stronger group and are gone a generation or two later. There is a lot to learn about the nature of power and the fall of civilizations from that period. From a topical point of view, you have the beginnings of slavery being outlawed in England starting with the late Saxons and being completed by the Normans. Only a thousand years before everybody else.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: some group becomes too weak and ineffective to fight their own battles try to buy off the vitality of a stronger group and are gone a generation or two later.
Maybe I just have a one-track mind-- or maybe this is the losing-deal the Democrats made when they passed the ball to Bill & Hillary... and now to the Woke and children in cages at the border.

==

Sh0e has fallen in my esteem-- she's gone soft-head socialist. But the first 2 minutes of this is excellent...

Keating

Post by Keating »

Here's one for Brive:

Sam Harris thinks the future is ultra processed plants to replace meat.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I listened to Branca's Day 6 & 7 commentary on the Chauvin/Floyd trial.

The image below is a microcosm of how Day 7 went.

The prosecution showed the image to the court, characterizing it as bystanders merely filming Floyd's arrest on their phones... posing no threat to the cops-- no impediment or distraction from rendering first aid to Floyd.

In cross-examination, the defense displayed the same image, pointing-out the black man in the center wearing shorts-- he was the prosecution's own witness, a self-described "martial arts expert", a "top" fighter in the region-- who had heckled and insulted the cops. And, in this image, that guy is being physically restrained... held-back by the hand of the man standing behind him.

I can't believe I miss the days of salacious, sensationalist news media-- but-- in the good-old bad-old days... the media would have pounced-on this spicy courtroom gotcha moment. It would have been covered like OJ Simpson trying-on the murder gloves.

Now-- soviet-style adherence to the Party Line is more important than scoring high ratings. I trust this moment was dutifully ignored by the lapdog media.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Here's one for Brive:

Sam Harris thinks the future is ultra processed plants to replace meat.
He’s probably correct. Doesn’t make it palatable.

Society is hardwired into an UPF death spiral. Almost 60% of American calories consumed are UPF. 88% of the population already have one or more metabolic red flags.

Add population crazy growth. The ubiquity of industrial, government subsidised mono cropping. The profitability of fibre-less long-shelf life crap. Leptin resistance, early onset insulin resistance fuelled by a food environment comprised of highly palatable high energy food-substances which deliver negative nutrition ...

You don’t need the bogus climate BS arguments. Money and expediency will win out.

And a whole-food, animal based, eating-window-constrained diet designed to chisel away visceral fat doesn’t stand a change.

We’re collectively fucked. But right now. In this year. Individuals still have the agency to choose their path.

But the window is closing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I listened to Branca's Day 6 & 7 commentary on the Chauvin/Floyd trial.

The image below is a microcosm of how Day 7 went.

The prosecution showed the image to the court, characterizing it as bystanders merely filming Floyd's arrest on their phones... posing no threat to the cops-- no impediment or distraction from rendering first aid to Floyd.

In cross-examination, the defense displayed the same image, pointing-out the black man in the center wearing shorts-- he was the prosecution's own witness, a self-described "martial arts expert", a "top" fighter in the region-- who had heckled and insulted the cops. And, in this image, that guy is being physically restrained... held-back by the hand of the man standing behind him.

I can't believe I miss the days of salacious, sensationalist news media-- but-- in the good-old bad-old days... the media would have pounced-on this spicy courtroom gotcha moment. It would have been covered like OJ Simpson trying-on the murder gloves.

Now-- soviet-style adherence to the Party Line is more important than scoring high ratings. I trust this moment was dutifully ignored by the lapdog media.
Is the Coal-Burner in the middle the off-duty firefighter who got sassy with the judge?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Is the Coal-Burner in the middle the off-duty firefighter who got sassy with the judge?
Looks like her/ I don't know.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Some fool commenter on my county's FB page thinks if you experience 'flu-like symptoms' from the vaccine, that means you're spreading the rona.

If Fauci said, walk counterclockwise in circles to stop the spread, a sizable number of sheeple would religiously do it, while publicly shaming straight-walking 'science deniers'.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: And a whole-food, animal based, eating-window-constrained diet designed to chisel away visceral fat doesn’t stand a change.
You haven't quite convinced me to go as far as you, but I am making my own breads, pasta and pastries from scratch, so I'm only relying on milled flour and processed milk.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The prosecution did such an atrocious job with its own witnesses, Chauvin's lawyer is bringing one of them back as a defense witness.
:doh:

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... witnesses/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tucker field dresses the RINO governor of Arkansas over his defense of puberty blockers and surgery for minors:

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tucker field dresses the RINO governor of Arkansas over his defense of puberty blockers and surgery for minors:

https://www.yoohoo.com/watch?v=C-Vk0rk5Zj0
The state legislature overrode Hutchinson's veto.
https://www.businessinsider.com/arkansa ... 021-4?op=1

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Glad to see at least some Americans are coming to their senses.

I've always put baseball in the 'not appropriate' category.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The prosecution did such an atrocious job with its own witnesses, Chauvin's lawyer is bringing one of them back as a defense witness.
:doh:

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... witnesses/
Those two Day 7 witnesses (the police dept's use-of-force trainer and medical-care trainer) can only go so-far in claiming Chauvin's actions were criminally-incorrect. Anything they say Chauvin did wrong-- can be used as ammunition against the entire Minneapolis PD, in future police brutality and medical negligence lawsuits. Difficult to throw someone under the bus, when you're handcuffed together.

=

Branca is more critical of the following-day's witness-- Stiger-- the independent-consultant paid expert witness on use-of-force.

Branca calls-out Stiger for a laundry list of actual incompetence, far-worse than the previous two witnesses.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/chauvin-tr ... t-witness/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: And a whole-food, animal based, eating-window-constrained diet designed to chisel away visceral fat doesn’t stand a change.
You haven't quite convinced me to go as far as you, but I am making my own breads, pasta and pastries from scratch, so I'm only relying on milled flour and processed milk.
Baking with almond flour and sweeteners is keto. But it’s dirty keto.

The trick is to find diversion and emotional release via pursuits other than consumption of exotic sources of energy.

You’re young and fit. But If you’re also enmeshed in the western food environment, then it’s probably worth checking up on your insulin and circulating fats. Insulin resistance is imperceptible, endemic, starts young, doesn’t require visible fat but is almost never tested for.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Inside the Matrix:

Keating

Post by Keating »

I've tried going veto in the past, but didn't find it worked very well for me. Besides, I've now learnt how to make croissants from scratch.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keto, less the questionable ketosis magic, is simply swapping out carb based fuel sources in preference to protein and fat.

Done cleanly, that’s a proxy for dropping refined grain and added sugar. Which is itself a proxy for losing processed multi ingredient foods and other “food like substances” aka UPF.

Which for something like 88% of the American population is a necessary immediate step to avoid metabolic syndrome.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 115045.htm

Your time, unfortunately, will also probably come ... 🥐 or no.

It’s just how it works.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 pm
Tucker field dresses the RINO governor of Arkansas over his defense of puberty blockers and surgery for minors:

Much as I like Tucker he is being a bit CNN here, although with less subterfuge in that he at least plays the clips that demonstrate his inaccuracy. Hutchinson denied having spoken to major corporations on the issue and Tucker provided no evidence that he did. Whether or not their public stances influenced him is a different question and one Tucker didn't ask. He damages a valid point about corporate influence with a false, or at least unproven, accusation.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 am
Keto, less the questionable ketosis magic, is simply swapping out carb based fuel sources in preference to protein and fat.

Done cleanly, that’s a proxy for dropping refined grain and added sugar. Which is itself a proxy for losing processed multi ingredient foods and other “food like substances” aka UPF.

Which for something like 88% of the American population is a necessary immediate step to avoid metabolic syndrome.

It’s just how it works.
All very well if you can afford it. Do you think it is even possible to feed the masses with fresh whole foods? Surely an economic and logistic impossibility with the current population. Maybe it isn't actually impossible if you remove the profit motive and taste buds from the equation, but that isn't going to happen, so we are stuck with cheap and plentiful garbage the only practical option for the less well off.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 am

It’s just how it works.
All very well if you can afford it. Do you think it is even possible to feed the masses with fresh whole foods? Surely an economic and logistic impossibility with the current population. Maybe it isn't actually impossible if you remove the profit motive and taste buds from the equation, but that isn't going to happen, so we are stuck with cheap and plentiful garbage the only practical option for the less well off.
Which masses? In the West, the absolute dirt poor are, it is true, fucked. In developing countries they are also going to be directed to an imported refined-grain graveyard.

But for the obese working poor and middle class. Well 500 grams of “ground beef” is $7.50. A cooked whole chicken from Woolworths is $10. 12 eggs are $3.50. Tinned tuna is a couple of bucks. You can make your own yoghurt at a pinch.

Yet people consistently pay more for “meal deals” which deliver a surfeit of empty energy which destroys their metabolism. Whilst of course, maintaining a smart phone as priority number 1.

The issue is poor education, missing basic life skills and a fundamental capitulation of the individual spirit to the new opiate of the masses.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Dreams crushed.

Penises unrequited

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: Baking with almond flour and sweeteners is keto. But it’s dirty keto.
Brive vs. Big Pastry...