The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
mordacious1

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: He takes no prisoners and gives zero fucks!
You’re just envious of Eric Swalwell who banged the honey in the fifth row, 3rd from the right.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

mordacious1 wrote:
You’re just envious of Eric Swalwell who banged the honey in the fifth row, 3rd from the right.
Wow. That quote went haywire. Supposed to be the Chinese pink marching brigade comment.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Zero. Tiger had already been abandoned.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

:lol: Is that the only thing she's been taught to say? She did the same thing with the Gamestonks situation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
Wow. That quote went haywire. Supposed to be the Chinese pink marching brigade comment.
Yeah. I was always hot for Kathy Valentine, who usually stood stage left.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Well...there you go go.
He takes no prisoners and gives zero fucks!
Yeah. I was always hot for Kathy Valentine, who usually stood stage left.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Jesus, my comments are getting fucked up.
Supposed to have been:
Well...there you go go.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote: Jesus, my comments are getting fucked up.
Supposed to have been:
Well...there you go go.
I need a vacation from all this themed punning.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought I’d see what happens on Twitter when you point out that a cake recipe comprising chocolate cookies and margarine is not actually food.

Or that the cute and curvy vegan-chef is manifesting a number of markers for metabolic syndrome.

The Horde™️ would have been proud of the response. Fun times.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: I thought I’d see what happens on Twitter when you point out that a cake recipe comprising chocolate cookies and margarine is not actually food.

Or that the cute and curvy vegan-chef is manifesting a number of markers for metabolic syndrome.

Matt says he needs a break from themed pudding.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I’m about to eat commercial pasta with a beer.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: I’m about to eat commercial pasta with a beer.
A fork might be easier. Just saying.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I don't have the spoons to deal with you tonight

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Apart from Herr Zuckerberg does anyone else have any suggestions from stopping Australians from speaking their minds?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Anyone seen any updates on the Steve 'n' Ashley palaver?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Apart from Herr Zuckerberg does anyone else have any suggestions from stopping Australians from speaking their minds?
FYI, what Marcus alludes to:

https://apnews.com/article/facebook-blo ... 0738b13ea7

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Anyone seen any updates on the Steve 'n' Ashley palaver?
Their lawyers are still haggling over custody of the stuffed animals.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

3 days ago, the NY Times ran an article about Joss Whedon cheating on his wife & being a typical male feminist sex-creep at work. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/15/arts ... enter.html

So 22 hours ago, Steve Shives thought it would be a good idea to tweet that he'd be doing a livestream-- watching an episode of Joss Whedon's 'Firefly', with The Homewrecker Other Woman. Shives announced they'd be "talking some shit about Joss Whedon". youtu.be/MlQuhABRKfY

Other recent Shives activities: shitting on Rush Limbaugh and Gina Carano.

I don't know if he's always been so hardcore geek culture in his output-- but looks like it's all Star Trek and Batman & such, now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hey Doggo, I hear that Harris' stepdaughter is getting into NYFW: you anything near that?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Doggo, I hear that Harris' stepdaughter is getting into NYFW: you anything near that?
Naw... I usually-do work the catwalk shows for Proenza Schouler, the label which used her. But this season is 'virtual', video only, no live audience. I don't have any gigs.

IMG is the modeling agency which represents Kamala's stepkid. Which pretty-much guaranteed she'd get work:
IMG also owns "NYFW: The Shows" which coordinates the schedule of which runway shows occur on which day & time.
IMG owns Spring Studios, where the shows occur .
IMG employs an in-house staff: security, hospitality, stagehands, lighting crew. And in-house rental of lighting equipment, sound equipment, etc.
IMG even 'produces' some of the shows: constructs the runway/ backdrop/ music/ memorable gimmicks.

(IMGLive, another branch of IMG, produces giant music festivals, concerts, and sports events, and act as talent agent in those fields.) I wouldn't be surprised if they do political campaign events: Signing Kamala's daughter for a couple million bucks could be an insider ass-kiss, seeking to be hired to produce the 2024 Democratic National Convention.

I wonder if Fashion Week as-we-know it will survive so-much vertical integration by IMG. In the past, NYFW supported a long list of venues, independent production companies from tiny to huge, employing armies of freelance contractors like me. Now everything's compressing into IMG doing business with itself. Even the live audience-- of celebs and wannabees-- and all their lavish afterparties... has been eliminated for multiple seasons-in-a-row. The print fashion magazines are in decline. And the retail wholesalers can eye & buy the clothes virtually now, instead of making a pilgrimage to Manhattan and racing around town for 2 weeks, making deals.

To survive, Fashion Week needs people to pay attention to it. I wonder if they've eliminated the top-tier of people who gave a shit.

Kinda reminds me of once-great cities, like Detroit. When the US auto industry was booming-- beautiful theaters downtown were named after the 'Ford' family. Prominent citizens hobnobbed with the mayor. When the economy died-- whitey left & low rent blacks took all the top jobs at City Hall/ but the prestige had diminished.

In fashion, the ruling junta of socialite ladies and white fags have recently been joined by street-ish blacks like Kayne West, Virgil Abloh, Telfar Clemens. Maybe they're inheriting a sinking ship.

If Fashion Week tries to switch to a 'virtual' audience... their competition will be Amazon Prime Day. Amazon has been playing hardball with fashion labels: to be featured on the Amazon Fashion landing page... and to-be prominently search-able on the site... labels have to sign a deal with Amazon-- in which Amazon decides how-many of which clothing-items the label will produce. Calvin Klein took the deal: and now they're basically an underwear company, as-if they're Amazon's house brand, wiht no head designer, & no presence on the runways.

==
Or maybe the future is bright: maybe something-like Disney World will emerge: a self-dealing high-fashion monopoly, which curates an entire experience, which customers are happy to fund.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

An under-appreciated aspect of the Second Amendment: it transforms our nation's slightly-unhinged gun owners-- into experts on Constitutional Law!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I thought I’d see what happens on Twitter when you point out that a cake recipe comprising chocolate cookies and margarine is not actually food.

Matt says he needs a break from themed pudding.
He’ll let us know when he’s back.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gun culture in Pakistan.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:57 pm
KiwiInOz wrote: Matt says he needs a break from themed pudding.
He’ll let us know when he’s back.
I gave up looking for a reason to live with things just the way they were. Can't stop the world.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Wake me up, before you go-

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Anybody with a passing interest in military history really should do themselves the favour of watching this video series. Isandlwana.

Esp parts 3a,b,c.

Very very good once you get over the elements of cos play. Maps, satellite photography, drone footage and attention to tactical detail.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Anybody with a passing interest in military history really should do themselves the favour of watching this video series. Isandlwana.

Esp parts 3a,b,c.

Very very good once you get over the elements of cos play. Maps, satellite photography, drone footage and attention to tactical detail.

I'll refrain from making any pithy remarks about their helmets.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I really liked this one:

I'm gonna make my GF run this drill with her Winnie and time her. I even gave her an ammo 'poach' for xmas.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/aZB1pZFW.png

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy describes Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses as having been designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. They follow the principle "what you don't know can't hurt you" and turn completely dark and opaque at the first sign of danger. This prevents you from seeing anything that might alarm you. This does, however, mean that you see absolutely nothing, including where you're going. It also tells you that there is something that would alarm you, could you see it. This information alone could also potentially alarm you.

The New York Times advocates a similar strategy: one ought to replace "critical thinking" with "averting your gaze"... Your attention is Too Precious to waste on Figuring Things Out.

In fairness, I must admit their advice does not end there. If you accidentally encounter challenging information, you should Appeal To Authority, to tell you what to think.

Orwell is long dead, so he can't object to this part: "you often make a better decision with less information than you do with more"

Another darkly comic blunder: the article makes an example of RFK Jr. singling him out as a dangerous unperson whose social credit score is too low, and thus his words can safely be ignored, ad hominem. A few sentences later, the article cites an expert opinion as correct, but mistakenly attributes the 'credible' quote to 'uncredible' source "Mr. Kennedy". Oh no!?! What to do?! Simply unfocus your brain and eyes until 2+2=5 and you see no contradiction in this typo. If you point out the error, its as-if you inserted it into the New York Times yourself. Filthy saboteur!

Also, did you know... Truth = Consensus ? :doh:

Link to the Op-Ed:
https://archive.is/34804

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 pm
Anybody with a passing interest in military history really should do themselves the favour of watching this video series. Isandlwana.

Esp parts 3a,b,c.

If the Zulus didn't kill them then that uniform in midsummer would have. Mad dogs and Englishmen.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:24 am
https://media.patriots.win/post/aZB1pZFW.png

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy describes Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses as having been designed to help people develop a relaxed attitude to danger. They follow the principle "what you don't know can't hurt you" and turn completely dark and opaque at the first sign of danger. This prevents you from seeing anything that might alarm you. This does, however, mean that you see absolutely nothing, including where you're going. It also tells you that there is something that would alarm you, could you see it. This information alone could also potentially alarm you.

The New York Times advocates a similar strategy: one ought to replace "critical thinking" with "averting your gaze"... Your attention is Too Precious to waste on Figuring Things Out.

In fairness, I must admit their advice does not end there. If you accidentally encounter challenging information, you should Appeal To Authority, to tell you what to think.

Orwell is long dead, so he can't object to this part: "you often make a better decision with less information than you do with more"

Another darkly comic blunder: the article makes an example of RFK Jr. singling him out as a dangerous unperson whose social credit score is too low, and thus his words can safely be ignored, ad hominem. A few sentences later, the article cites an expert opinion as correct, but mistakenly attributes the 'credible' quote to 'uncredible' source "Mr. Kennedy". Oh no!?! What to do?! Simply unfocus your brain and eyes until 2+2=5 and you see no contradiction in this typo. If you point out the error, its as-if you inserted it into the New York Times yourself. Filthy saboteur!

Also, did you know... Truth = Consensus ? :doh:

Link to the Op-Ed:
https://archive.is/34804
Mixed feelings. My initial reaction was to assume the political motivations of Caulfield and Warzel but the article is not quite as biased as I assumed. I agree with the central premise. It is possible to get consumed with conspiracy and tangled up in pseudoscience by giving too much attention to contrarians. The approach I take myself is to look for other more reputable sources for corroboration or otherwise and it can save a lot of time because the central deceptions or misunderstandings of the "heretic" are usually quite plain when pointed out. The subject matter is important though. The more political a subject and the degree of subjectivity involved are obviously crucial to deciding how wide a range of sources one needs. There are too many on the "populist" side of things who take the unreliability of information coming from the establishment media as a reason to doubt any solid science supported by said media, climate science being a case in point. We are at a strange moment in history though where medical opinion on a particular topic is so politically charged and bound up with a debate over basic freedoms and economics. The medical community are by no means as unanimously behind the "consensus" as the media claim. There are undeniable issues with the reliability of Covid tests, with the attribution of fatalities to the virus, with the safety of the vaccines and the extent of damage caused by lockdowns. I believe that the accuracy of the Covid tests reported measures only the ability to detect the virus when present, not the ability to definitively determine the presence of the virus. There is a legal challenge coming up in Canada which will put the government backed medical "consensus" to the test. They cannot hand wave away objections, they will have to provide evidence for the science behind policy. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

GF asked what I was reading. So I summarized the nytimes piece in one sentence.

I said something like: 'it says you shouldn't engage with someone who is making politically incorrect claims, you should seek an expert who agrees with you."

She replied, "So, if someone calls you 'nigger' on the street, you shouldn't stay there and argue with them, because they might kick your ass? Just go talk to a therapist or something?"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Our county was bragging on FB how it'd finally vaccinated every public school teacher -- while we've been allocated but a tenth of the total doses needed for seniors and other at-risk groups. I commented that was a terrible prioritization, as the virus poses virtually no risk to children and teachers' age group. One lady scolded, "What an uninformed comment! Would you care to cite your source?" So I did:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Some dude stated, "many teachers are at risk." I replied, "Quantify 'many'."

Another lady simply couldn't accept I hadn't gotten this crazy idea from a "youtube or a tweet", "some conspiracy theorist" instead of "trusting the data and the experts." I replied my data were from the CDC and I was reading research conducted by epidemiologists. Who were her 'experts'?

None have replied. Ignorance is Strength.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Our county was bragging on FB how it'd finally vaccinated every public school teacher -- while we've been allocated but a tenth of the total doses needed for seniors and other at-risk groups. I commented that was a terrible prioritization, as the virus poses virtually no risk to children and teachers' age group. One lady scolded, "What an uninformed comment! Would you care to cite your source?" So I did:

Another lady simply couldn't accept I hadn't gotten this crazy idea from a "youtube or a tweet", "some conspiracy theorist" instead of "trusting the data and the experts." I replied my data were from the CDC and I was reading research conducted by epidemiologists. Who were her 'experts'?

Teachers are one of those groups who are always fishing for compliments and acting all heroic. Makes me want to puke.

There are several occupations that go for the hero story.... nurses.... cops... and teachers. Teachers post shit like "If you can read then thank a teacher!" Like that particular bitch was so fucking heroic.... if she didn't show up for work that I would somehow be a retard. Fuck you bitch. How about.... if you drove to work today thank and engineer.... or auto worker..... or if you have heat today thank a petroleum worker. It is just such fucking shit.

and... I know why this is. I have had a revelation on this.

Certain people have great power over your life because they are hard to fire... and... they can really fuck up your life. If you fuck with your nurse while in the hospital she will never help you. She will label you as difficult or wrong... uncooperative... or even racist. You fight with your nurse at your peril. So, they go around making demands and asking you to worship their dedication. Then, they have the fucking balls to claim they are nurses because of how much they love to help people. Yeah... see how much they love to help people when you criticize them.

Teachers... same shit.... except they will fuck with your kids. You can't fire a teacher. You can't usually even get your kid into a different class. So, everyone goes along with this goddamned hero story.... "Oh god.... teachers are such heroes... what would we do without them?"

I am close to many teachers. A sister-in-law, a niece, two best friends, and my daughter. I understand. It is a shitty time to be a teacher. On-line teaching sucks and the bureaucrats are making teaching a big bunch of red-tape. I get it. But the teachers are the ones hurting themselves. The unions only protect bad teachers. It lowers the standards for all teachers. Rather than pushing for excellence and creativity in teaching they push back against change. Their performance sucks. So... they can't demand greater pay. It remains a poorly paid job because there are to many trained teachers and their standards are low.

I make this point to my teacher friends. They all say that we need more teachers. I don't know why they say this. I think they buy the bs from the universities that always predict a teachers shortage. The unis love to graduate teachers. It is a five year degree and almost any bimbo can qualify. When a position opened up at the local grade school for a teacher they received over 100 resumes'. 100! WTF. When I try to fill a position for an engineer I am lucky to find five potential candidates.... after posting for months.

and - ultimately - the biggest reason it is a bad time to be a teacher is that everyone hates teachers right now. Ohh... people will not say it out loud.... (see reasoning above)... but teachers are not really seen as heroes at all anymore.

John D

Post by John D »

I am always sexually attracted to cross-eyed bulimics.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha!

No more school board!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
...FB...

...I commented...
I wonder sometimes why you bother...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Teachers are one of those groups who are always fishing for compliments and acting all heroic. Makes me want to puke.

There are several occupations that go for the hero story.... nurses.... cops... and teachers. Teachers post shit like "If you can read then thank a teacher!" Like that particular bitch was so fucking heroic.... if she didn't show up for work that I would somehow be a retard. Fuck you bitch. How about.... if you drove to work today thank and engineer.... or auto worker..... or if you have heat today thank a petroleum worker. It is just such fucking shit.

Certain people have great power over your life because they are hard to fire... and... they can really fuck up your life. If you fuck with your nurse while in the hospital she will never help you. She will label you as difficult or wrong... uncooperative... or even racist. You fight with your nurse at your peril. So, they go around making demands and asking you to worship their dedication. Then, they have the fucking balls to claim they are nurses because of how much they love to help people. Yeah... see how much they love to help people when you criticize them.

Teachers... same shit.... except they will fuck with your kids. You can't fire a teacher. You can't usually even get your kid into a different class. So, everyone goes along with this goddamned hero story.... "Oh god.... teachers are such heroes... what would we do without them?"

I am close to many teachers. A sister-in-law, a niece, two best friends, and my daughter. I understand. It is a shitty time to be a teacher. On-line teaching sucks and the bureaucrats are making teaching a big bunch of red-tape. I get it. But the teachers are the ones hurting themselves. The unions only protect bad teachers. It lowers the standards for all teachers. Rather than pushing for excellence and creativity in teaching they push back against change. Their performance sucks. So... they can't demand greater pay. It remains a poorly paid job because there are to many trained teachers and their standards are low.

I make this point to my teacher friends. They all say that we need more teachers. I don't know why they say this. I think they buy the bs from the universities that always predict a teachers shortage. The unis love to graduate teachers. It is a five year degree and almost any bimbo can qualify. When a position opened up at the local grade school for a teacher they received over 100 resumes'. 100! WTF. When I try to fill a position for an engineer I am lucky to find five potential candidates.... after posting for months.

and - ultimately - the biggest reason it is a bad time to be a teacher is that everyone hates teachers right now. Ohh... people will not say it out loud.... (see reasoning above)... but teachers are not really seen as heroes at all anymore.
:clap:

I think it's been established that John has completely run out of fucks to give.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: The unis love to graduate teachers.
Q. According to those Education programs... those 'Cathedrals', what-is-it that qualifies a novice to be a teacher?

A. The would-be teacher is taught to defend the Big Education cathedral itself. Teachers are oh-so essential, and paying them is oh-so essential, and the schools and administrators are oh-so essential, and the teachers-who-teach-more-teachers are essential and all must be endlessly funded with taxes.

A huge slice of this essential-ness is the holy mission of civilizing the masses in the religion of the woke, saving the masses from their original sin of racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, islamaphobia, all-the-isms.

Obviously, I'm combining Moldbug's notion of 'the Cathedral' with McWhorter calling woke-ness a 'religion'.

And I wanna point out a hairy aspect of religion: there's no 'off-switch'. These armies of religious extremists being churned out by the Big Ed cathedral... have 'I am a teacher' and 'I'm doing what teachers ought to do' carved into their self-image and sense of purpose. They're know-nothings who don't even know how ignorant they actually are. So they're going to keep replicating bad indoctrination into students/ and being activists in favor of big the corrupt, voracious, destructive Cathedral.

==

On a similar note...

I think the Biden/Kamala presidency is off to a shaky start. I think the public at-large is displeased with their performance.

At some point-- the big corporate news media is going to have to choose: either continue to shill on behalf of a wildly-unpopular presidency/ with a hostile relationship to the viewing public--- trying to change their minds. Or else the media will side-with and pander-to their angry viewership/ turning against this administration.

Which way will the Fake News jump? Like the teachers above, the corporate insider media class has their own sense of purpose & identity wrapped-up in the idea that they're doing-God's-work by shilling for the Democrats and kneecapping other political stripes. But is there a tipping point, where the media turns-against the fatcat Dems?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

:o

John D

Post by John D »

Wow... Finally the MSM is looking into the truth. Matt Pottinger on Face the Nation today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/matt-potti ... 00-10abd1h

ThreeFlangedJavis

John D wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 am
Wow... Finally the MSM is looking into the truth. Matt Pottinger on Face the Nation today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/matt-potti ... 00-10abd1h
To be expected. While Biden is almost certainly shaky on China the anti-Trump press are happy to create some kind of room for him to act a little tougher. They don't have to worry so much about giving credence to Trump's position on China now he's out of the way.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fetish noises for John.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: Fetish noises for John.

Fuck... now I have to change my shorts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Our county was bragging on FB how it'd finally vaccinated every public school teacher -- while we've been allocated but a tenth of the total doses needed for seniors and other at-risk groups. I commented that was a terrible prioritization, as the virus poses virtually no risk to children and teachers' age group. One lady scolded, "What an uninformed comment! Would you care to cite your source?" So I did:

Teachers are one of those groups who are always fishing for compliments and acting all heroic. Makes me want to puke.

My wife is a teacher in the Australian public system.

Apart from a brief period back in April or so last year, they have been BAU while the rest of us sheltered in place 'working' from home and hiding from public transport and offices.

They have been jerked around by government indecision, they have recalibrated countless times while continuing their normal workload. They have put up with BS draconian government lock-down edicts for the 'normal' people - with a completely different line of BS for them. It would have been better if the govt had honestly just said "we have no idea what the risk profile is but you are potentially expendable for the greater economic good".

This on top of SNAFU. Shit hourly wages. Buck shifting from the Government for their own failed policies. Imposed woke curriculum. A ridiculous attempt by Govt to introduce Dilbert style management regimes to independently managed people driven by calling ....

Not to mention general fuckwits who never got over their own school days but who just love to dry-wank while bagging teachers ...

People make a mistake when they think learnt professional skillsets and passion can overcome the suffocating shackles of government public service.
They also make a mistake when they conflate their own comfy coffee and cake fueled cubicle experiences with RL classroom management.

Bad teachers exist as in any profession. And they typically suffer for their sins. Great teachers typically crash and burn out of the system. Good teachers (and even just acceptable) who preserve through the long term deserve a fucking medal.

Oh Ok. Hyperbole. So how about basic CPI increases - just as an insult to what the fattened middle-ware private sector gets.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Fuck... now I have to change my shorts.
What was the count, when you made a mess?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

My patience for Tim Pool is depleted. 25 minutes to say 5 minutes of info = no thanks.

His cadre of sidekicks is also too un-knowledgeable, for me to watch their well-intentioned bull sessions.

But this clip is full of conversation-starters, on the Gun Culture topic. I watched it at 1.5x speed-- quite a deluge of ideas.

If you live in a place where it's not-normal for anyone/everyone to posses weapons capable of killing-- on a par with a fully-auto machine gun-- how to you deal with 3d printing or homebuilt conversions of high tech home appliances-- homebrew mass-murder machines?

If you populace simply doesn't-want such devices, you better not allow any immigrants who do like such weapons.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If the culture wars have devolved to the point where it's Wars vs Trek' - I think I'm going to have to re-think my commitment.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: If the culture wars have devolved to the point where it's Wars vs Trek' - I think I'm going to have to re-think my commitment.
Dune, bitches!

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: Bad teachers exist as in any profession. And they typically suffer for their sins. Great teachers typically crash and burn out of the system. Good teachers (and even just acceptable) who preserve through the long term deserve a fucking medal.

Oh Ok. Hyperbole. So how about basic CPI increases - just as an insult to what the fattened middle-ware private sector gets.
I agree that many teachers work their asses off. But, they will get few medals. This is part of my point. Teachers portray themselves as heroes. Many teachers act like heroes as well. But, when the teachers in Chicago will not return to work under current circumstances they really dig themselves a hole. They lose the ability to claim they are heroes.

This doesn't help the occupation nor does it help bring reform to the education system.

I tried like crazy to talk my daughter out of becoming a teacher. It is a shit job. The pay sucks... the rules are getting worse and worse. No doubt. My daughter had completed a full year of business school with straight As. She is very driven and clever and would have made a great buyer in industry. Good looking... good communicator. Six figures and a management job in 5 to 8 years... for sure. We really had a good knockdown on this topic... but... she switched to teaching.

and now.... she bitches about the rules, and the parents, and the bratty kids, and the shitty pay.... and I am like... yes... you knew this going in. So, her solution is to work with younger kinds in a private school. She brings in about $35k but she has the summer off and she never takes any work home.

Brive - maybe you can explain this to me. Why do so many people (especially women) decide to become teachers? Do they really think they are being heroes? Do they think it will match their work-life balance goals? Am I missing something?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: If the culture wars have devolved to the point where it's Wars vs Trek' - I think I'm going to have to re-think my commitment.
Dune, bitches!
The Expanse. Why this even up for discussion?

Babylon 5 goober chimes in next ...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: Dune, bitches!
Spice smuggling, desert planet, sand people, Darth Harkonen 'I'm your father!', the Bene-Jedi. Star Wars is Dune, CHANGE MY MIND.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Expanse. Why this even up for discussion?
[/size]
Over the last few days, I read Heinlein's 'Farmer in the Sky' to GF, while she cooked. In honor of Texas freezing. I smiled when I saw the words "An unseasonal freeze in Texas..." on the page, given as an example of disaster with unforseen consequences. And he used the term 'greenhouse effect' in 1950.

The good parts held up. But reading it aloud revealed how dry Heinlein's scientific exposition can be. Theoretically, it's wonderful & kooky that he made literature out of that stuff. But sometimes it's just work to get-thru. Also the book was originally serialized in Boy's Life magazine, and the pacing was probably tailored for that format. Some sections shoulda been 4 pages, but were probably 12 or 16 so they could stand alone in the magazine.

During the reading, I watched some YouTube vids about Ganymede... and some clips from The Expanse were recommended. How much of that show is Farming On Ganymede?

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Cas Anvar. The show is dead to me.
Service Dog wrote: During the reading, I watched some YouTube vids about Ganymede... and some clips from The Expanse were recommended. How much of that show is Farming On Ganymede?
I think two episodes directly related to agriculture on Ganymede. Couple more episodes had scenes there but with no farming.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Dune, bitches!
Witcher, bitches.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Proper fantasy. None of that space junk.

ThreeFlangedJavis

HelpingHand wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 pm
Cas Anvar. The show is dead to me.
Very suspicious of any Canadian me too-ing no matter how many accusers come out of the woodwork. Would need some serious corroboration. If it is true then hope he gets what he deserves and it couldn't happen to a more deserving BLM groupie.