Matt Cavanaugh

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
mordacious1 wrote: Is this true?
Paul-Michel Foucault, Jean-François Lyotard, Jacques Derrida

Gilles Deleuze, François Châtelet, Guy DeBord

and Jerry Lewis.
I'd add Jean-Jacques Rousseau, whose conceit that Man is inherently good but corrupted by society, influenced the Left's grand social engineering schemes of the past sixty years, as well as current nonsense like 'restorative justice'.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Toulouse-Lautrec invented kiddy-fiddling.

France is directly responsible for every yank nonce!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Toulouse-Lautrec invented kiddy-fiddling.
Don't stoop to his level.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote:

and Jerry Lewis.
I'd add Jean-Jacques Rousseau, whose conceit that Man is inherently good but corrupted by society, influenced the Left's grand social engineering schemes of the past sixty years, as well as current nonsense like 'restorative justice'.
The falling out between Hulme and Rousseau reads like a prototypical example of what happens if you invite an SJW (that sounds so quaint now) into your circle and how sane people are utterly dumbfounded by the poisonous accusations that inevitably follow.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Stunted though it may be, your bigotry dwarves* my own!

* Intenshunil spelign.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

* Intenshunil spelign.
That's the long and the short of it.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

* Intenshunil spelign.
I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fafnir wrote: Terms
Their use of Shermans is an under-reported but key part of the story.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Gina Carano gets the twitter ban-hammer...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Correction to last - employment ban-hammer.

(edit button, routinely)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Yup. Gina Carano learned-- only one side is allowed to compare the other side to Nazis.

https://media.patriots.win/post/XmDz4PiI.jpeg

Lucasfilm Calls Gina Carano Social Media Posts “Abhorrent”; Actress No Longer Employed By ‘Mandalorian’ Studio

The actress shared a Tik Tok post a comparison of the divided political climate to Nazi Germany.

Another photo on Carano’s Instagram story had a person with several masks covering their face and head with the caption “Meanwhile in California.”

Both posts were scrubbed from the actress’ Instagram this afternoon, however, others picked it up and reposted (see below). Other posts, including a quote saying “Expecting everyone you encounter to agree with every belief or view you hold is fucking wild” and one saying “Jeff Epstein didn’t kill himself,” remained.

The hashtag #FireGinaCarano begin trending, with those on social media tagging Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Disney, Disney Plus, Star Wars and Lucasfilm.

Carano and her supporters attempted to get the hashtag #weloveginacarano to trend, but to little effect.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

* Intenshunil spelign.
Pity, that leaves potential for continued repartee stunted.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jinx

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

* Intenshunil spelign.
Pity, that leaves potential for continued repartee stunted.
Small talk does not appeal to me.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: jinx
Too little, too late...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 pm
Yup. Gina Carano learned-- only one side is allowed to compare the other side to Nazis.
► Show Spoiler
Be in no doubt that the current powers are hell bent on implementing the Ministry of Truth. They say freezepeach doesn't mean the freedom to spread misinformation, well the traditional and once widely accepted view is that free speech is there to protect speech that Power disagrees with. That is the only kind of speech that actually needs protection after all. To all of the people who sat back and ignored the criminality behind Crossfire Hurricane, the impeachment lies,Biden's corruption and the incitement of violence you have got what you asked for, a doddering old fool for president implementing policies dictated by a mix of corporatist globalists, military interventionists, China apologists and critical race whackos and an administration that regards the constitution as an impediment to it's will and is wiping it's soiled sphincter with it.

I hope that anyone with any sense who doubted that the prevailing ethos on the left was such that they would steal an election in a heartbeat to "save democracy" is being rapidly disabused of that notion.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I hope that anyone with any sense who doubted that the prevailing ethos on the left was such that they would steal an election in a heartbeat to "save democracy" is being rapidly disabused of that notion.
Did you read that LA Times opinion column-- the woman who accused her neighbor of "white supremacy" for shoveling her driveway?

I heard about it-- but until I actually read it-- I didn't realize how much intellectual effort went-into twisting the kind act into sinister one:

https://archive.is/YzSqI

So, yeah, they were-and-are willing to twist ~anything~ into 'saving democracy'.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Similar to my previous you-have-to-see-it-for-yourself comment:

First I read the Breitbart headline-- about how the Impeachment prosecution claimed that-- during the January 6 Ensure-erection-- Trump tried to phone Senator Tommy Tuberville, but mistakenly phoned Sen. Mike Lee instead.

Pinned down by Insurgents' laser-guns and magic spells, Lee passed his phone to fellow-hostage Tuberville, and Trump proceeded to make Joker terrorist demands to overturn the election.

Breitbart reported that yesterday's session ended with Lee standing-up & requesting that these claims be stricken from the record-- as they were not accurate. They were based on a Fake News report. That's not what happened.

Then the article described procedural bumbling and confusion-- as the Senate attempted to rule on Lee's objection.

Ok-- fine. I've watched none of the impeachment. I had a certain idea in my head what it must look-like. Something like the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing. Or the first Trump Impeachment Number One. Or Bill Clinton's impeachment.

Then I watched the actual video: 8 incredible minutes of stale piss odor adult diaper nursing home bingo night sundowning dementia. Mildred yelled 'Bingo', but she didn't have Bingo. Trudy did have Bingo, but she yelled 'Geronimo'. Dentures fell out, the aides whispered in calming tones, but no one was soothed.

I don't blame anyone for ignoring this impeachment. But this video obliterated the version I had imagined:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... ecord/amp/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: jinx
Too little, too late...
Your wit towers over mine.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I hope that anyone with any sense who doubted that the prevailing ethos on the left was such that they would steal an election in a heartbeat to "save democracy" is being rapidly disabused of that notion.
Did you read that LA Times opinion column-- the woman who accused her neighbor of "white supremacy" for shoveling her driveway?

I heard about it-- but until I actually read it-- I didn't realize how much intellectual effort went-into twisting the kind act into sinister one:

So, yeah, they were-and-are willing to twist ~anything~ into 'saving democracy'.
Service Dog wrote:

The author of that article seems to be pretty ignorant about Charles De Gaulle "the war hero who orchestrated the liberation of his country from Nazi Germany in 1944".

Also, this:
"Loving your neighbor is evidently much easier when your neighborhood is full of people just like you."
seems like a startling observation
seems like quite a deep observation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: The author of that article seems to be pretty ignorant about Charles De Gaulle "the war hero who orchestrated the liberation of his country from Nazi Germany in 1944".
LOL. That reminded me of what the grandmother of my French exchange family told me: "You Americans always show up just when we've defeated the Bosch."

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 am

I can only imagine how furious it makes Pelosi that Trump completely failed to live up to his fascist billing. It worked out in the end though because the zombies still managed to convince themselves of it. They can count themselves lucky that the MAGA movement is nowhere near as vindictive, authoritarian and dismissive of the rights of others and the rule of law as themselves. Almost every authoritarian instinct they dishonestly accused Trump of is on display just weeks into this administration. They are forcing Trump appointments out of office before their terms are up and putting MAGA hating ideologues into the DoJ. They had better complete their makeover of the electoral process, create new states and flood the country with immigrants before 2024 or they are toast.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

A bit of light-hearted twattery...

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 am
If Trump had been the dangerous authoritarian they claimed, they would all have been lined up and shot. They knew it wasn't true and only did what they did because they knew it wasn't true.

I can only imagine how furious it makes Pelosi that Trump completely failed to live up to his fascist billing. It worked out in the end though because the zombies still managed to convince themselves of it. They can count themselves lucky that the MAGA movement is nowhere near as vindictive, authoritarian and dismissive of the rights of others and the rule of law as themselves. Almost every authoritarian instinct they dishonestly accused Trump of is on display just weeks into this administration. They are forcing Trump appointments out of office before their terms are up and putting MAGA hating ideologues into the DoJ. They had better complete their makeover of the electoral process, create new states and flood the country with immigrants before 2024 or they are toast.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Wow, I screwed that up. I meant to say:

"If Trump had been the dangerous authoritarian they claimed, they would all have been lined up and shot. They knew it wasn't true and only did what they did because they knew it wasn't true."

And somehow edited it into the post I was quoting. I've either drunk too much or too little.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"...Facebook's VP of Integrity..."

Formerly the Chief Integrity Officer at Enron, Vatican City Monsignor overseeing Alter Boy Virginity, CNN/Antifa Joint-Kwanzaa-Party Planning Committee...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

DisInfo:

"Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald

This big story published by the NYT about [Capitol Police Officer] Sicknick’s death is simply false. The headline itself may be false...
the key events it purports to describe never happened. This caused virtually [all] the media to spend a full month repeating this as fact."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p501631

In post #531, I asked Hunt-- what line would the anti-Trump "conspiracy" have to cross-- "to introduce doubt in Hunt's mind, about their pristine pursuit of noble motives"

At what point would Hunt admit the 'conspiracy' was not (to quote Hunt) " a herculean effort to ensure a fair election".

In that same post, I presented proof that the President of the Vermont AFL-CIO is an unrepentant Black Bloc rioter & author of Antifa training manuals.

For me-- that makes his hands too dirty to entrust with 'a fair election' and the AFL-CIO also tarnishes themselves, by allowing him to remain as their officer.

No reply from Hunt regarding-whether-- in Hunt's view-- that example 'crosses the line'.

==

That same unanswered question popped-back into my mind, as read is New York Post report:

Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Governor Cuomo’s top aide privately apologized to Democratic lawmakers for withholding the state’s nursing-home death toll from COVID-19 — telling them “we froze” out of fear the true numbers would “be used against us” by federal prosecutors, The Post has learned.

The stunning admission of a cover-up was made by Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa during a video conference call with state Democratic leaders in which she said the Cuomo administration had rebuffed a legislative request for the tally in August because “right around the same time, [then-President Donald Trump] turns this into a giant political football,” according to an audio recording of the two-hour-plus meeting.

“He starts tweeting that we killed everyone in nursing homes,” DeRosa said. “He starts going after [New Jersey Gov. Phil] Murphy, starts going after [California Gov. Gavin] Newsom, starts going after [Michigan Gov.] Gretchen Whitmer.”

In addition to attacking Cuomo’s fellow Democratic governors, DeRosa said, Trump “directs the Department of Justice to do an investigation into us.”

“And basically, we froze,” she told the lawmakers on the call.

“Because then we were in a position where we weren’t sure if what we were going to give to the Department of Justice, or what we give to you guys, what we start saying, was going to be used against us while we weren’t sure if there was going to be an investigation.”

DeRosa added: “That played a very large role into this.”

After dropping the bombshell, DeRosa asked for “a little bit of appreciation of the context” and offered what appears to be the Cuomo administration’s first apology for its handling of nursing homes amid the pandemic.

But instead of a mea culpa to the grieving family members of more than 13,000 dead seniors or the critics who say the Health Department spread COVID-19 in the care facilities with a March 25 state Health Department directive that nursing homes admit infected patients, DeRosa tried to make amends with the fellow Democrats for the political inconvenience it caused them.

“So we do apologize,” she said. “I do understand the position that you were put in. I know that it is not fair. It was not our intention to put you in that political position with the Republicans.”

SEE ALSO
COVID-19 deaths in NY nursing homes were 50 percent higher than claimed: probe

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aid ... from-feds/

For context, I remind you that Biden, Kamala, Big Tech, Fake News, and TIME's anti-Trump Conspiracy--all proclaimed Trump an "existential threat", for his Covid response. Meanwhile, they covered-up their own Covid-response disasters. The lied to the public, for fear how the public would vote, if the truth were known.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 am

and Jerry Lewis.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Glen Loury & James Lindsay seem to think that they were misguided perhaps - but not all bad...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:54 pm
For context, I remind you that Biden, Kamala, Big Tech, Fake News, and TIME's anti-Trump Conspiracy--all proclaimed Trump an "existential threat", for his Covid response. Meanwhile, they covered-up their own Covid-response disasters. The lied to the public, for fear how the public would vote, if the truth were known.
Matt Braynard said something which really puts the mindset of the Dems into perspective. Many of the Capital Hill "insurrectionists" weren't even aware that they were committing a crime. They were behaving in relatively orderly fashion in an area which is frequently accessible to the public but they are really struggling to find legal representation because law firms are refusing to help. This includes Republican sympathetic firms. When the left riots there are always lawyers eager to help and they know how to proceed because the left is always rioting. Their job is made easier by the way in which the miscreants cover up their faces beforehand. Most of the Capitol Hill mob showed no such premeditation and are not guilty of very much at all, yet the same people who trample each other in their rush to defend an Islamic Jihadist bomber and champion the right to legal defence are doing their best to make sure that any lawyer who stands up against the political blood lust is shut down. The utter cynicism or lack of introspection was once shocking but it's now run-of-the-mill.

Now they are talking about banning travel from Florida , which is putting Dem strongholds to shame with it's Covid stats, with some really nasty rhetoric while allowing illegal immigrants to cross the US border. This is a transparent attempt to punish Florida.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote: --SNIP--

I really think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. I mean, look at the CNN America's Most Trusted News Chris Cuomo Network commenting on the story.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/us/new-y ... index.html

Here's the headline:
New York governor's top aide apologizes and says administration 'froze' after inquiries on Covid-19 deaths at long-term care facilities
See? They just froze. Like a sexual assault victim, the Cuomo team just...froze.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's top aide apologized to Democratic lawmakers Wednesday for putting them in a tough spot over long-awaited data which revealed thousands more confirmed and presumed Covid-19 deaths of long-term care facility residents than previously disclosed, according to a source who participated in the call.

The apology follows the release of a report in late January from state Attorney General Letitia James, noting the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) undercounted Covid-19 deaths among residents of nursing homes by approximately 50%.

Secretary to Gov. Cuomo Melissa DeRosa told the lawmakers in a private virtual meeting that the state had been concerned about a Department of Justice preliminary inquiry into Covid-19 deaths in New York nursing homes, as well as attention from former President Donald Trump, who was tweeting about Cuomo and other Democratic governors' handling of the nursing homes, the source who participated in the call told CNN.

Outstanding inquiries from state lawmakers were also addressed on the call, the source said, after an August 3 joint committee hearing on Covid-19 residential health care facilities. Lawmakers had demanded a full transparency on the Covid-19 death toll in nursing homes.

According to the source, DeRosa said the administration essentially "froze" because it wasn't sure what information it was going to turn over to the DOJ, and didn't want whatever was told the lawmakers in response to the state joint committee hearing inquiries to be used against it in any way.

DeRosa said the administration apologized for the position the Democratic lawmakers were put in over the Covid-19 fatality toll, especially for the political position faced with Republican legislators, the source said.

The New York Post first reported the story, citing an exclusively obtained recording of the meeting.

Key players in the state's Covid-19 response were on the call with the state Senate and Assembly committee members, including New York State Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker, budget director Robert Mujica, Covid-19 Task Force member Gareth Rhodes and DeRosa, the source said.
And look. The truthtellers at CNN are there to provide analysis immediately after their vague reportage:
Disputes over the data
For nearly half a year, legislators have pushed the Department of Health to publicly release the complete data representing the Covid-19 death toll of long-term care residents.

In late August, a few weeks after the state legislative hearing, the DOJ announced a preliminary inquiry into New York and three other Democrat-led states for their handling of the virus in nursing homes. The DOJ announcement noted in the release that the four states -- New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan -- all "required nursing homes to admit COVID-19 patients to their vulnerable populations, often without adequate testing."

The governor has faced questions on Covid-19 deaths of New York's nursing home residents, maintaining for months that the data inquiries originated as a "political attack."

"What I would say is everyone did the best they could. When I say the State Department of Health -- as the report said -- the State Department of Health followed federal guidance. So, if you think there was a mistake, then go talk to the federal government. It's not about pointing fingers or blame. It's that this became a political football right. Look, whether a person died in a hospital or died in a nursing home. It's - People died. People died," Governor Cuomo said during a press conference on January 29.
Note how CNN ignored Cuomo's "Who cares?"

We really have to consider whether the Cuomo team deliberately killed people to make things look worse for Trump.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Here Hunt, about the people your common or garden American activists model themselves on doling out retributive punishment to those whiny and dishonest journalists who smear them as violent toward journalists. Obviously they can't allow anyone to report on their activism because the public might get the wrong idea.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really? wrote: We really have to consider whether the Cuomo team deliberately killed people to make things look worse for Trump.
Trump sent a military hospital ship to NYC. Emergency hospitals were set-up in Central Park & the Javits convention center.

Those went unused.

Was it to prevent Trump from getting the 'win', being seen as the crisis hero? Cuomo accepted an Emmy award for his Covid broadcasts, and published a self-congratulatory book.

Cuomo's staffer accused Trump of making a political 'football' out of Covid. As if Nancy Pelosi and Biden didn't shout 'racist!'' at Trump, for blocking travel from China.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

It's going to be hilarious to see if Laurel and hardy can stick to the coached Script they have been forced to recite overnight. Snakes like Graham must be sleepy,

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: It's going to be hilarious to see if Laurel and hardy can stick to the coached Script they have been forced to recite overnight. Snakes like Graham must be sleepy,
Who are your Laurel and Hardy?, what's the Script?, who forced them to recite it? Is 'Graham' Lindsay Graham? Who did he swallow? Is this about the Impeachment?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Which-- is kinda fun. Like crossword clues. But... ???

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Service Dog wrote:
Za-zen wrote: It's going to be hilarious to see if Laurel and hardy can stick to the coached Script they have been forced to recite overnight. Snakes like Graham must be sleepy,
Who are your Laurel and Hardy?, what's the Script?, who forced them to recite it? Is 'Graham' Lindsay Graham? Who did he swallow? Is this about the Impeachment?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Which-- is kinda fun. Like crossword clues. But... ???
I know you misunderstood what i was referring to, just as the House managers misunderstood that the tweeter was bringing the seventh Day Calvary.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Za-zen wrote: the tweeter was bringing the seventh Day Calvary.
Gina Carano? Some QAnon thing? Seriously-- I'm not actively following the impeachment-- so even if you're references are brilliant punditry, it's lost on me without an explanation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is about the 'gun culture' discussion, sort of.

Last night I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989). Immigrant GF enjoys 'normal' American stuff like Christmas, simple comedies. It's all charming and slightly exotic, for her.

I've never seen this one before. I was surprised that it's constructed like a Buster Keaton silent comedy. Physical comedy gags which unfold as each shot builds on the premise of the previous one. The dialogue is in Chevy Chase's 'detached' style-- sardonic commentary on the action, delivered more lightly than sitcom-zinger punchlines or 'I'm Doing This Now' unnatural narration. The unrushed pacing of the physical gags matches the words. It's not a phenomenal film, but it works.

But the reason I'm bothering to talk about the movie-- is to contrast it, as a snapshot of America circa 1989, vs. Current Year.

In the first Vacation movie, the Griswold family was more low-rent. They drove a prole-ish car, aspired to visit a prole-ish Amusement Park.

In this one-- their house is a nice McMansion, in an upper-middle class neighborhood. Their clothes are new and fashionable and they change outfits every day-- or for every activity. Dad has an upscale job. Their car is pretty new.

The film looks down on Randy Quaid's trailer-trash cousin character... but the Griswold family are 'proper' respectable-class people. And yet they're a complete menace to socialized conformity. The film opens with road rage dangerous driving, zero concern when they crash. Then they trespass and endanger their kids-- to poach a Christmas tree... which is gratuitously large. They're a headache to their yuppie neighbors. And the yuppie neighbors are a headache right-back. Clark has a bad attitude at work. The boss and his ass-kissers are rude and petty. Clark entertains cheating on his wife.

And yet-- the film expects you to identify with characters who act like this. They aren't presented as a 'deplorables' or 'dangerous insurrectionists'-- to be denounced for their 'privilege' or 'whiteness' or their Trump-like self-centered-ness & excesses, made to take a knee. They're "us", without apology. They're celebrated, warts and all.

Today, they would face being Cancelled, losing their career, shaming on social media, becoming viral-infamous. They'd be masked, locked-down, shunned, demonized, red-flagged, mandatory buy-back'ed.

The movie ends with the family literally kidnapping a boss-- for downsizing dad's christmas pay bonus. And then paramilitary SWAT troops raid the family's suburban home. In the movie, the family are the Good Guys/ the Gestapo are an absurd over-reach.

Today is the opposite.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

https://content.govdelivery.com/account ... mzcV9DuQdg

Newsletter sent out by the Oregon Department of Education to staff. The second section down: A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction

The title sets of my danger sense, but the description isn't too bad. There are links to the course material (one is math specific and another is just general intersectionality grievance blather) so let's see what we have.

"dismantling racism in mathematics"
"ethnomathmatics"
"Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."
"Challenge standardized test questions by getting the 'right' answer, but justify other answers by unpacking the assumptions that are made in the problem."
"...identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views."
"...critical approaches to dismantling white supremacy in math classrooms by visualizing the toxic characteristics of white supremacy culture,"
"If we want to dismantle racism, then we must build a movement for economic justice."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I recall a big ruckus about kids in cages a while back.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s instagram account has been banned, for his speech about vaccines.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the Center for Countering Digital Hate , a nonprofit group that advocates against extremism and misinformation online had named Mr. Kennedy as "one of the top influencers helping the online spread of what it called false information about Covid-19, including that the virus isn’t dangerous."

Looking at an archived link to the Wall Street Journal story, I noticed that article has been stealth-edited. Same link, same headline, significant revisions-- without any notes indicating what had been changed. (Only the word "Updated" added to the time & date of publication, in the byline.)

Here's an entire paragraph, which did not appear in the original version:

"In recent posts to his Facebook account, Mr. Kennedy wrote about a 12-year-old girl who he said had a “seizure-like episode” after receiving an HPV vaccine, and about people he suggested may have died as a result of receiving Covid vaccines. He has said that he and the nonprofit organization he leads, Children’s Health Defense, support safe vaccines but oppose making them compulsory."

:think: Hmm... does that sound like 'digital hate' and 'extremism'? :snooty:

The updated version noted that Kennedy's Facebook account was still active, containing similar claims to the banned Instagram account. Facebook is the parent company of Instagram.

Archived versions: https://archive.vn/https://www.wsj.com/ ... 1613029259

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I know I’m warped for finding this humorous and will probably rot in hell, but when she stated she’s a “experienced woman of the wilderness” who tripped over a log in the dark and broke her leg...and didn’t even get Advil, because they don’t have that in the Congo, I couldn’t stop laughing. I think an EWW would pack some Advil.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ash ... 35983.html

I do hope she fully recovers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I question whether the 6 hour motorcycle ride with her 'holding together' her tibia-- was strictly necessary.

Couldn't she "reflect on my privilege" by spending a fortune to summon a helicopter?

Her real 'privilege' is getting-away with tweeting: BONOBOS MATTER

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

A couple days ago, this might have been considered 'fringe'.

But it might be Governor Cuomo's new favorite study, to count all the grandmothers he murdered.

"A peer-reviewed study contends the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention violated federal law by inflating Coronavirus fatality numbers." .... "The figures were inflated by at least 1,600%."

news story: https://dawsoncountyjournal.com/blog/20 ... s-by-1600/

link to the paper:

https://jdfor2020.com/wp-content/upload ... af1541.pdf

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

mordacious1 wrote: I know I’m warped for finding this humorous and will probably rot in hell, but when she stated she’s a “experienced woman of the wilderness” who tripped over a log in the dark and broke her leg...and didn’t even get Advil, because they don’t have that in the Congo, I couldn’t stop laughing. I think an EWW would pack some Advil.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ash ... 35983.html

I do hope she fully recovers.
I read a couple of paragraphs and bailed. I do not think it was funny. Just mildly amusing. What had me laughing like a loon was the video of the three idiots involved in the battle of the scooping snow.

Normalcy bias, even after the guy who had snapped comes at them with a gun in hand and shoots six times without hitting either of them.

Instead of running they stood their ground!

:o :o :o
Then the woman who was already shot multiple times by then sits up and yells at him again!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OMFG!
► Show Spoiler

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: This is about the 'gun culture' discussion, sort of.

Last night I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989). Immigrant GF enjoys 'normal' American stuff like Christmas, simple comedies. It's all charming and slightly exotic, for her.

I've never seen this one before. I was surprised that it's constructed like a Buster Keaton silent comedy. Physical comedy gags which unfold as each shot builds on the premise of the previous one. The dialogue is in Chevy Chase's 'detached' style-- sardonic commentary on the action, delivered more lightly than sitcom-zinger punchlines or 'I'm Doing This Now' unnatural narration. The unrushed pacing of the physical gags matches the words. It's not a phenomenal film, but it works.

But the reason I'm bothering to talk about the movie-- is to contrast it, as a snapshot of America circa 1989, vs. Current Year.

In the first Vacation movie, the Griswold family was more low-rent. They drove a prole-ish car, aspired to visit a prole-ish Amusement Park.

In this one-- their house is a nice McMansion, in an upper-middle class neighborhood. Their clothes are new and fashionable and they change outfits every day-- or for every activity. Dad has an upscale job. Their car is pretty new.

The film looks down on Randy Quaid's trailer-trash cousin character... but the Griswold family are 'proper' respectable-class people. And yet they're a complete menace to socialized conformity. The film opens with road rage dangerous driving, zero concern when they crash. Then they trespass and endanger their kids-- to poach a Christmas tree... which is gratuitously large. They're a headache to their yuppie neighbors. And the yuppie neighbors are a headache right-back. Clark has a bad attitude at work. The boss and his ass-kissers are rude and petty. Clark entertains cheating on his wife.

And yet-- the film expects you to identify with characters who act like this. They aren't presented as a 'deplorables' or 'dangerous insurrectionists'-- to be denounced for their 'privilege' or 'whiteness' or their Trump-like self-centered-ness & excesses, made to take a knee. They're "us", without apology. They're celebrated, warts and all.

Today, they would face being Cancelled, losing their career, shaming on social media, becoming viral-infamous. They'd be masked, locked-down, shunned, demonized, red-flagged, mandatory buy-back'ed.

The movie ends with the family literally kidnapping a boss-- for downsizing dad's christmas pay bonus. And then paramilitary SWAT troops raid the family's suburban home. In the movie, the family are the Good Guys/ the Gestapo are an absurd over-reach.

Today is the opposite.
Maybe they could get Randy Quaid back for a sequel.

Haven't heard from him in a while.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

That's it, I'm fucking done!

(no, it's not a parody!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Treating dogs humanely is now an act of 'white supremacy' according to the left
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6229383338001
“According to leftist Professor Katja Guenther, dogs are being killed and mistreated by minorities because of capitalism, anthroparchy, white supremacy, and patriarchy,”
https://cdn50.picsart.com/1654306000022 ... =min&r=640

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Treating dogs humanely is now an act of 'white supremacy' according to the left
Perhaps a little too close to the bone, Bhurzum?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: Katja Guenther

[Being Kind to Dogs Is 'RACIST', University Professor Says
Looking at her website-- I think she's picking worthwhile areas of research, but she's going-in armed with Feminism.

She spent 3 years observing an animal shelter-- finding-out which animals were brought there, by whom, and why, and how life&death decisions regarding the care of the animals were made. Factors such as 'breed discrimination'. Maybe next she'll do an abortion clinic. :dance:

Her prior book studied Feminists in East Germany, pre- and post- "Socialism". (Real Communism has never been tried.) Again, thats a great subject for study. I suuuuuuspect that I won't like her work-- as much as this study, back in 2013:
Female economists at University of Hamburg treated the re-unification of East & West Germany as a "natural experiment", noting that the East German pay gap had disappeared, but the West German pay gap had persisted. By surveying workers from both origins-- they learned that having-lived in the poor, communist East conditioned women to choose jobs Like A Man: prioritizing extrinsic rewards: 'high pay' and 'promotion opportunities'. While having lived in the rich, free West conditioned women to choose intrinsic rewards: jobs that were satisfying or a good-fit regardless of lower pay.

The pay gap is a product of freedom & prosperity, not oppression & poverty.

http://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/ ... id_879.pdf

But, back to Ms. Katja M. Gunenther... This may be the most interesting part of her CV... for us to explore. Do you think we're mentioned?!

"I have also written extensively on secular activism, particularly within the New Atheist Movement, a social movement focused on reducing the social stigma associated with atheism and irreligion and on enforcing the separation of church and state. I conducted interviews with dozens of leaders and participants in the New Atheist Movement, and attended numerous movement events. I used this data to analyze a number of different processes, including boundary work and collective identity and gender inequalities within the movement."

Women's Studies International Forum
Volume 72, January–February 2019, Pages 47-55
Women's Studies International Forum
Secular sexism: The persistence of gender inequality in the US New Atheist Movement☆
Author Katja M.Guenther
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wsif.2018.11.007
Abstract
This paper examines how a social movement reproduces gender inequalities and excludes women, even in the absence of explicitly sexist ideologies and the presence of a purported commitment to gender egalitarianism. I show how a US-based movement that appears conducive to challenging dominant gender ideology—the New Atheist Movement—instead maintains a gendered movement culture that support the persistence of gender inequalities. The movement culture embraces gendered discourses and rejects feminist claims for participation or recognition. Further, a culture of men's dominance—which extends to men making claims about women's rights and criticizing women who speak out against men's abuses of power—has contributed to women respondents feeling shut out and silenced. The paper contributes to improved knowledge of how gender inequalities reproduce themselves in social movements through movement culture.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9518303443

Also:

2015. “Humor, Collective Identity, and Framing in the New Atheist Movement.” Co-authored with Natasha Radojcic, and Kerry Mulligan. Research in Social Movements, Conflicts and Change 38: 203-227.

2013. Katja M. Guenther and Kerry Mulligan with Cameron Papp. “From the Outside In: Crossing Boundaries to Build Collective Identity in the New Atheist Movement.” Social Problems 60(4):457-475.

2009. “The Impact of Emotional Opportunity Structures on the Emotion Cultures of Feminist Organizations.” Gender & Society 23 (3): 337-362.

https://www.katjamguenther.com/research.html

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

She was out at 4:30 a.m.... Her headlamp wasn't functioning properly and there was a tree on the path she went into at a "powerful stride," leading to the injury.
The mystery is what compelled Ashley Judd to powerfully stride into the jungle with a nonfunctional headlamp. I'm going with either an EMP blast, or Yeti.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Treating dogs humanely is now an act of 'white supremacy' according to the left
And yet the WH press corps keep fawning over Jen Psaki.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wait... I object. I think Jen needs a good spanking... and I am the man to give it to her.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wait... I object. I think Jen needs a good spanking... and I am the man to give it to her.
Dude, giving a dog a bone is an act of kindness.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
You're in luck -- Wiki says in college, she competed in the backstroke.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Here's your competition. Pretty sure he'd like to watch:

https://heavy.com/news/gregory-mecher-j ... i-husband/