You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Where is that barrier relative to the Capitol?
Good question. I don't know.

I am struck by how non-partisan this guy sounds...

https://video.parler.com/3C/bJ/3CbJChIWQhls.mp4

(brief interview with young guy who was next to the woman as she was shot dead)

John D

Post by John D »

Woo Hoo... watch the mother fucker burn.

Thomas Jefferson thought it was probable that the US would have a revolution every decade. Perhaps we are over due.

The right has started acting like the left. This is will a very entertaining year! Amen and Awomen!!!!

:popcorn:

John D

Post by John D »

I meant to say this will be a very entertaining year. Where is the edit button? Amen and Awomen.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Wall of cops won't let MAGA people leave D.C. hotel to go home.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here is the moment the women is shot while trying to get through the window.

Seems harsh - I’m not clear what clear and present danger this unarmed trespasser posed at that moment.
More like the cops suddenly decided they were the French defending the Badajoz breach back in 1812.

Full footage:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hmm. On second thoughts, maybe I’d have left the backpack at home.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The woman did not pose an imminent threat. Lefties lose their shit whenever a cop shoots a negro with a knife or a gun, but they are celebrating this kill.

Facebook is banning any photos or videos of the storming of the Capitol building. Twitter has suspended Trump's account again, and is preventing anyone from sharing his call for the protesters to peacefully leave.

Tucker Carlson gave one of the best commentaries ever on all this tonight. Best evah. I mean up there with prepared speeches like Churchill's iron curtain, and Tucker had a few hours at most to draft it.

Trump was a buffoon who only minutes before midnight discovered how to be even a little bit effective. And he'll be gone in two weeks. If anyone can lead our nation away from the edge of the abyss, it'll be Tucker Carlson.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I maintain that backpacks are a bad look when charging into police lines. In Congress.

⚰️ ⬅️ 🏃

Still the lady was a patriot and based on past precedent, the country should be 🔥

This didn’t age well.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: We should probably get married.
I must admit, I'd make a radiant bride - white dress, wild beard, combat boots and my thousand-yard stare.

(I'm such a catch - you'd need to catch me first - literally!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I withdrawn my backpack observation.

The cunt who shot her wouldn’t have seen it,

This is a disturbing and very clear view of shooter and consequences. 🕷

Bastard.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

That is really disturbing. Poor woman. So what if she wasn't were she was supposed to be; there's no excuse for that type of unnecessary action. that is murder. This whole clown parade is deeply tragic.

Would not want to be in DC tomorrow (today, or yesterday, for you I guess).

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Trump was a buffoon who only minutes before midnight discovered how to be even a little bit effective. And he'll be gone in two weeks. If anyone can lead our nation away from the edge of the abyss, it'll be Tucker Carlson.
Carlson's argument appears to be that we must be sensitive to the feefees of dumb people who were cynically manipulated by a disgruntled, deposed despot. Or else.

To me, this seems to be a case of White Knighting writ large. Basically Trump just told his boyfriend that a guy hit on him, and the guy ended up getting his neck slit with a broken beer bottle.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: snip

Love the Sisters Of Mercy!
I knew a few of their songs without knowing who they were, but have now binge listened to them on Spotify.

Love the Sisters of Mercy!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:

I knew a few of their songs without knowing who they were, but have now binge listened to them on Spotify.

Good man!

If you've not already heard it, this is probably my favourite SOM track:

It just oozes melancholy. In a good way.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Trump's final tweet, which was taken-down by twitter:
TrumpHomeLovePeace.jpg
(38.97 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
This is still up tho:
ShootThem.png
(43.19 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Yay, a polycule!

Maybe we could get Miri Mogilevsky to join. Though I'm afraid This Corrosion might drive her to slit her wrists again.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: Carlson's argument appears to be that we must be sensitive to the feefees of dumb people who were cynically manipulated by a disgruntled, deposed despot. Or else.
Despot? What dictionary are you using?

And if Trump has been "deposed", that's a big problem. His term isn't over yet.
And the electoral process is not yet complete.

24 minutes into the show, Tucker's guest-- Buck Sexton-- inadvertently makes the opposite point-- than Tuck & Buck intend. He says it was a bad idea to storm the capitol-- because it gives the Other Side ammo to use against Tucker's viewers. But then he admits that the Other Side "were going to do it anyway".

The anti-Trump side has played a game of brinksmanship-- since before Trump was elected and throughout his term, only escalating in 2020 and the last couple months. Yesterday was a gentle-shove back, and Of Course the anti-Trumpers are crying bloody murder, as if they Dindu Nuffin to warrant this Unprovoked Senseless Aggression.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Trump was a buffoon who only minutes before midnight discovered how to be even a little bit effective. And he'll be gone in two weeks. If anyone can lead our nation away from the edge of the abyss, it'll be Tucker Carlson.
Carlson's argument appears to be that we must be sensitive to the feefees of dumb people who were cynically manipulated by a disgruntled, deposed despot. Or else.

To me, this seems to be a case of White Knighting writ large. Basically Trump just told his boyfriend that a guy hit on him, and the guy ended up getting his neck slit with a broken beer bottle.
Oh, please. The blamtifa's occupied -- and trashed -- Seattle's city hall. Naked animal rights activists interrupted a session of Parliament. Pro-choice harridans flooded the State House in Madison, WI and rained bloody tampons on the heads of legislators. AOC and her droogies took over Nancy Pelosi's office. The spoiled brats at Evergreen seized the campus and held their nannies hostage for days. California public schools teach of the brave braves who took over Alcatraz for about three years, and the noble leaders of the Attica prison riot. The storming of the Bastille is, of course, always treated as some lofty deed in the cause of Liberty, not the murderous rampage of a blood-thirsty mob.

The corollary of the Left's rule, It's Okay When We Do It is always It's The Most Heinous Crime Evah When You Do It.

About half the country, depending on which poll you prefer, believes the election was stolen. Scratch the surface of the ones who say it was fair, and a good many know it was rigged but are fine with that.

Tucker made the sage point that, if people are so frustrated, enraged, and outraged as to storm the Capitol and risk getting shot dead, you really need to ask why. You also need to recognize that, for the hundred or so who went in, tens of millions sitting at home are in the same mood only not so rash. And that telling half the country bend over and say 'thank you sir, may I have another' will only work if your goal is to impose a brutal tyranny of the bare majority and you accept wrecking this great nation as a by-product.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

The salt on Twitter has been epic. There's a flood of moral relativism the likes of which I've never seen.

To be fair love, it's not white americans flying planes into buildings, is it?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: if people are so frustrated, enraged, and outraged as to storm the Capitol and risk getting shot dead, you really need to ask why.
My GF's social media feed includes a bunch of aging Texas hipsters-- who want TX to be art galleries, free progressive weekly newspapers, outdoor cafes, organic vegan farmer's markets.

Their predictable reaction to yesterday-- was to say the protest was White Privilege, because black protesters would have been treated more harshly by the cops.

I think their reaction is an example of Refusing To Be Honest With Themselves about what actually motivates the Trump-side. As if maintaining their ignorance is a solid defensive sheild.

It's just more "The only reason to support Trump is if you're a racist." And "The Joker is an incel movie that should be banned because it will inspire incel Trump supporters to commit mayhem. Trump is the head incel!"

Last night, Michael Malice streamed about how the NPCs cling to memes which make no sense. Trump isn't an 'incel', he's a 'Chad'. Malice says it's folly-- to waste breath trying to talk-them-into being less stupid.

Pete Quinones of Free Man Beyond The Wall goes further-- he accepts the NPCs' retarded framing, and plays his assigned role... as a poorly-written Bad Guy... to the hilt. Accuse him of 'killing grandmas' by not wearing a mask: 'Yes! It's True! Mu-ah-ha-ha! I am killing her because she's a Jew! Your 85 year old Grandma cannot be allowed to spawn more Jewish Babies to Replace Us! I will not stop until Planned Parenthood is Planet Parenthood! Take A Knee and bow before me!!1!"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

PBS publishes "Classroom resource: Three ways to teach the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol"
Focus questions:
Why are the events at the U.S. Capitol being referred to as an insurrection rather than a protest?
Several different U.S. departments and law enforcement agencies were sent to Washington D.C. including the National Guard during Black Lives Matter protests over the summer, which were overall very peaceful. Contrast this with Wednesday’s insurrection at the nation’s Capitol in which individuals stormed the halls of Congress.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/dail ... s-capitol/

John D

Post by John D »

Styx gets it right.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ClimbingCapitol1-6-2021.jpg
(382.2 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
This so-called "protest" is just a further expression of fatphobia and able-bodied privilege.

Imagine if Lizzo and the Evergreen College 'Social Justice Dalek' did the same thing that those straight white cis MAGA men did!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Flight attendants' union calls for Trump supporters to be banned from flights.

https://archive.is/eTVHz

I don't think they've thought this through.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

It’s okay. In two weeks, Biden-the-Uniter will be in charge and we can all go back to singing Kumbaya, like back in the Obama era. By next year, we will be trying to remember what all the fuss was about. Right?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1 wrote: It’s okay. In two weeks, Biden-the-Uniter will be in charge and we can all go back to singing Kumbaya, like back in the Obama era. By next year, we will be trying to remember what all the fuss was about. Right?
As long as the Trump people stand-down, then nothing else will.... oh.... no....
ABC News
Pelosi, Schumer call for Trump's immediate removal, threaten impeachment

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Thursday called for the immediate removal of President Donald Trump following the breach of the Capitol by pro-Trump rioters Wednesday, leading the charge by Democratic lawmakers to unseat Trump just two weeks before he is scheduled to leave office.

Pelosi demanded Vice President Mike Pence immediately invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump for what she called 'inciting sedition" by encouraging the rioters, threatening to start impeachment proceedings if Pence doesn't agree.
Joe Biden: "But what we witnessed yesterday was not dissent, it was not disorder, it was not protest. It was chaos. They weren't protestors. Don’t dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists. It’s that basic. It’s that simple,"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Youtube banning all videos highlighting election fraud:
we do not allow content that misleads people by alleging that widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential election
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/07/yo ... ter-fraud/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Antifa organizer was standing right next to the woman shot in the Capitol blg. and filmed it. Hmmm.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... l-n2582766

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tucker made the sage point that, if people are so frustrated, enraged, and outraged as to storm the Capitol and risk getting shot dead, you really need to ask why.
Yes, and I'm saying the answer is pretty obvious. Their Dear Leader (with apologies to FT), who has toyed with their paranoia all along, dropping references to QAnon, etc., tol 'em so.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Meanwhile, of course, over at Pharyngula, PZ is eagerly scanning the US code for ways to punish the "insurrectionists". One imagines his disappointment at not finding the death penalty. To me, these yahoos, egged on by their deranged leader, should be given some group therapy, a mop and some serious community service time.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

And what about that Capitol security? If I were a legislator, I doubt I'd sleep well knowing that Liam Neeson, (the actor, not the characters he plays) could gain access dressed in war pain and racoon hat.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog wrote:
Joe Biden: "But what we witnessed yesterday was not dissent, it was not disorder, it was not protest. It was chaos. They weren't protestors. Don’t dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists. It’s that basic. It’s that simple,"
Are you saying it wasn't terrorism? I've always interpreted terrorism as attempting to effect political change by acts of violence, or threats of violence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Of course, domestic terrorism is when your maid or butler tries to effect political change by acts of violence, or threats of violence.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Are you saying it wasn't terrorism? I've always interpreted terrorism as attempting to effect political change by acts of violence, or threats of violence.
I’m not sure violence against windows and doors counts as ‘high terrorism’ More like ‘vandalism and trespass with intent’.

There is always the danger of pomo when terms are extended without arbitrary, yet socially accepted, boundaries.

But for that you’d need a society with broadly common values. And that has long since been globalised away.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For old times sake I checked on PZ’s response to the recent goetterdaemmerung.

For someone preaching that others should pick up their violent cudgels to remove OMB ASAP (on his behalf), well let’s just say he has other thoughts when the boot’s on the other foot.

He also makes this remarkable observation:
It has only taken four years for the media to wake up
Now, at last, in the last few weeks of the Trump presidency, do our newspapers start ringing the alarm bells

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Breaking news - expert commentary has been received.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tucker made the sage point that, if people are so frustrated, enraged, and outraged as to storm the Capitol and risk getting shot dead, you really need to ask why.
Yes, and I'm saying the answer is pretty obvious. Their Dear Leader (with apologies to FT), who has toyed with their paranoia all along, dropping references to QAnon, etc., tol 'em so.
I don't need trump to tell me to be furious because the election was stolen. I can see it was stolen with my own two eyes, and it infuriates me.

Meanwhile, I have a friend on FB telling me I'm a nazi, and he should've known that all along, because in High School I liked German airplanes.

He's dead to me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Are you saying it wasn't terrorism? I've always interpreted terrorism as attempting to effect political change by acts of violence, or threats of violence.
I think it was very similar to something AOC did the day-before she was sworn in:

Politico:
Ocasio-Cortez, youth protesters storm Pelosi office to push for climate plan

By ANTHONY ADRAGNA and ZACK COLMAN 11/13/2018 12:23 PM EST Updated 11/13/2018 02:55 PM EST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

More than 200 youth activists, flanked by Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, flooded House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s office this morning urging Democrats to act more decisively on climate change.

Capitol Police said they arrested 51 protesters for unlawfully demonstrating outside Pelosi's office in the Cannon House Office Building. The arrests began a few hours after the demonstration began, when protesters refused to leave the area. Pelosi said she welcomed the protest and called on the police "to allow them to continue to organize and participate in our democracy.”

Ocasio-Cortez, who left before the arrests began, said she was there to support the protesters and encourage Pelosi to listen to them.

"Domestic terrorist" is a term of art. Domestic terrorists are banned from airline travel, have all their assets frozen. They're flagged on a credit card processor blacklist, so they can't make transactions.
aoc-1200x675.jpg
(51.76 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: And what about that Capitol security?
Welcome! C'mon in!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Like rats from a sinking ship.
If Mr Trump wants to avoid a second impeachment, his best path would be to take personal responsibility and resign. This would be the cleanest solution since it would immediately turn presidential duties over to Mr Pence. And it would give Mr Trump agency, a la Richard Nixon, over his own fate.

This might also stem the flood of White House and Cabinet resignations that are understandable as acts of conscience but could leave the government dangerously unmanned. Robert O’Brien, the national security adviser, in particular should stay at his post.

We know an act of grace by Mr Trump isn’t likely. In any case this week has probably finished him as a serious political figure. He has cost Republicans the House, the White House, and now the Senate. Worse, he has betrayed his loyal supporters by lying to them about the election and the ability of Congress and Mr Pence to overturn it. He has refused to accept the basic bargain of democracy, which is to accept the result, win or lose.

It is best for everyone, himself included, if he goes away quietly.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

this was posted on BLM Defund The Police account, reposted by Ngo

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: To me, these yahoos, egged on by their deranged leader, should be given some group therapy
Augment the Capitol Hill Police with Social Workers? Time change your Brita filter. It's not filtering out npc memes, fluoride, or Lead.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"E-commerce store provider Shopify has reportedly banned the store run by the Trump campaign and Trump organization, TrumpStore.com

The Wall Street Journal reports that the e-commerce platform Shopify has banned TrumpStore.com, a website run by the Trump campaign and Trump Organization. The removal appears to be in response to the events in Washington D.C. this week.

TrumpStore.com and the Trump campaign’s Shop.DonaldJTrump.com, which sold Make America Great Again hats and other Trump-related merchandise, were both offline today following the events at Capitol Hill.

Shopify said in a statement: “Shopify does not tolerate actions that incite violence. Based on recent events, we have determined that the actions by President Donald J. Trump violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence to further a cause. As a result, we have terminated stores affiliated with President Trump.”

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Indeed, it looks like the corrupt politicians that Obama sent out to originate the coup in 2016 are going to live after 4 years of stalling to cover up their own footprints.

wars to create a huge market for the military industrial complex to profit to follow soon.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Oops, I mean it's the cleanest thing in history.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I mean Trump's children getting million-dollar contracts from China and Ukraine, it's so obvious.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
"E-commerce store provider Shopify has reportedly banned the store run by the Trump campaign and Trump organization, TrumpStore.com

The Wall Street Journal reports that the e-commerce platform Shopify has banned TrumpStore.com, a website run by the Trump campaign and Trump Organization. The removal appears to be in response to the events in Washington D.C. this week.

TrumpStore.com and the Trump campaign’s Shop.DonaldJTrump.com, which sold Make America Great Again hats and other Trump-related merchandise, were both offline today following the events at Capitol Hill.

Shopify said in a statement: “Shopify does not tolerate actions that incite violence. Based on recent events, we have determined that the actions by President Donald J. Trump violate our Acceptable Use Policy, which prohibits promotion or support of organizations, platforms or people that threaten or condone violence to further a cause. As a result, we have terminated stores affiliated with President Trump.”
I remember how there was general glee and dismissiveness when Southern got de-patreoned for off site crime of ‘firing illumination flares whilst being un-pc’. (violation of Code 52, Section 2, Subsection VIII)

Then Faith Goldy lost access to digital infrastructure - car hire, airbnb, payments etc - because she was a nazi tyrant who dared stand for public office.

It’s not like de facto ‘personal credit’ scores, woke aligned, haven’t been on the cards for a while. This will only get worse until Black Mirror feels positively quaint.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I get the feeling Kirb and Captain Fluffy would be right behind this perfectly reasonable imposition.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

speaking of perfectly reasonable imposition...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

No charges, no plea, no attorney, no trial, no conviction, no appeal... Boom!... you're on the terrorist no-fly list:
ErKhtuGXcAIFQuU.png
(111.48 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I get the feeling Kirb and Captain Fluffy would be right behind this perfectly reasonable imposition.
Let their own mouths condemn those men for all seasons.

Like that film with Kenneth More - though some might think I'm reaching a bit far. Or that my memory is Bader than it was.

Let's see if this one has legs.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm beginning to think that Service Dog is right about NYC. Just not sure which side of the derangement fence these guys sit on.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: speaking of perfectly reasonable imposition...
Very heavy-handed policing.

However, the entire scenario would have been very different if they'd simply let the Bill have a quick look around.

Just saying...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: I'm beginning to think that Service Dog is right about NYC. Just not sure which side of the derangement fence these guys sit on.
I was suspicious of the Guardian's reporting: Is the picture above the story accurate? OR... is the squirrel actually ~black~.

I am happy to report the squirrel is 'Queens colored' (the same color as every person in the TV news report and everyone in Rego Park Queens, regardless of race.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Domestic Terrorism"
susan-913x1024.jpg
(83.82 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Ministry of Truth issued this helpful PSA this morning:
minitru.png
(52.99 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

the Purge intensifies
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.39.12 PM.png
(213.71 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 12.30.00 PM.png
https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1347586621433118722
If she seriously thought that was necessary to do that, wouldn't it be treasonous to leak it to the press?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:30 pm
Like rats from a sinking ship.
If Mr Trump wants to avoid a second impeachment, his best path would be to take personal responsibility and resign. This would be the cleanest solution since it would immediately turn presidential duties over to Mr Pence. And it would give Mr Trump agency, a la Richard Nixon, over his own fate.

This might also stem the flood of White House and Cabinet resignations that are understandable as acts of conscience but could leave the government dangerously unmanned. Robert O’Brien, the national security adviser, in particular should stay at his post.

We know an act of grace by Mr Trump isn’t likely. In any case this week has probably finished him as a serious political figure. He has cost Republicans the House, the White House, and now the Senate. Worse, he has betrayed his loyal supporters by lying to them about the election and the ability of Congress and Mr Pence to overturn it. He has refused to accept the basic bargain of democracy, which is to accept the result, win or lose.

It is best for everyone, himself included, if he goes away quietly.
Mitch McConnell and the GOP fucked themselves in the Georgia senate election by knifing Trump in the back. That put off a lot of voters. People seem to be forgetting that the Republicans picked up seats in the House. The rats have been working against Trump from day one. As to whether or not Pence and Congress had the ability to do something about the result that is at the very least open to legal interpretation and not without precedent. The basic bargain of American democracy is to hold an election and follow the process as outlined in the constitution until disputes have been settled and the result certified. When Trump said that nothing would be achieved by being weak he was attempting to put some backbone into the jellyfish who blanch at the thought of going against the chorus of demands to back down from using the available remedies.

This is quite long but worth a listen nevertheless for the Barnes perspective as he is a legal encyclopedia, provides a lot of historical and political context on the legal system and it seems can provide some inside information on Trump having some contact with his team and maybe the man himself. Makes you realise how far the system has drifted from it's roots. If Barnes is right then it is the GOP establishment that is committing suicide rather than killing Trump as they imagine they are doing.