Post by Driftless »

Service Dog wrote: .
You ain't black.

Reminds me of Michael Bolton:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Lsuoma »

So, lots of people say marriage is between one man and one woman: how about between three women and four women?

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/separ ... arch-park/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: So, lots of people say marriage is between one man and one woman: how about between three women and four women?

I hope all their cats get along.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Lsuoma wrote: So, lots of people say marriage is between one man and one woman: how about between three women and four women?

Canadians have been concerned about importing mad cows disease for some time now.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

320K? Why those horney little bastards.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I thought we were in favour of recycling

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: Has anyone given much thought to axolotls?
It's the Tleilaxu face dancers that get to me.

John D

Post by John D »

Holy Crap. Why is this not the biggest story in America?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Has anyone in the US noticed, aside from Fox and some alt media, that the evidence of what is pretty much an attempted coup by the FBI and the Obama admin has built to the point that it is hard to counter? Now we hear from released FBI records, for which Wray's FBI has been refusing requests for about a year, that FBI agents actually took out indemnity insurance because they realised they had no basis for investigating Trump's people. Is anyone still awake? The US really is upside down land right now.

John D

Post by John D »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Has anyone in the US noticed, aside from Fox and some alt media, that the evidence of what is pretty much an attempted coup by the FBI and the Obama admin has built to the point that it is hard to counter? Now we hear from released FBI records, for which Wray's FBI has been refusing requests for about a year, that FBI agents actually took out indemnity insurance because they realised they had no basis for investigating Trump's people. Is anyone still awake? The US really is upside down land right now.
People are just happy to be uninformed of facts. This allows them to simply share opinions with their friends and family and stay blissfully in-group. I have always been a kind of "non joiner". I prefer to be independent of the opinion of others. It somehow suits my personality.

It is common for me to list a bunch of facts about news and have most of my friends go... "What?... is that what really happened?" They normally respect that I am usually right and this sometimes makes them pretty upset.

Recently I informed my good friend that George Floyd probably ate a bunch of drugs before his arrest and the drugs killed him. This particular friend is the director of a city library so he is pretty well informed. Also... a straight "A" student... so .... I don't know... 125 IQ or something. But somehow he didn't hear any of the details around the case. And... I continue to say this probably means light sentences for the cops and a huge riot. And he actually dropped his head in his hands and said..."Oh No!" I am just surprised so few people have figured stuff like this out.

The truth upsets people. They don't want to be upset so they just stick facts into some kind of dark file cabinet in their head.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Keating wrote: I thought we were in favour of recycling
It does make you wonder how anyone came into the possession of three hundred thousand used condoms.
I've been giving this some thought and.....nope, I still can't think of anything.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Holy Crap. Why is this not the biggest story in America?

Brietbart tells the story from the point of view of FBI Agent Barnett, with a timeline of the red flags Barnett observed.

One detail: the moment when the Flynn investigation appeared to be ending-- until a meeting with Obama & Biden jolted into extra innings:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ynn-probe/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

handmaid6j.jpg
(19.2 KiB) Downloaded 1521 times
Day 6 of Google News front page offering the debunked Newsweek story, claiming that Judge Barrett's church group inspired The Handmaid's Tale.

Newsweek's "corrected" version of the story still claims that the book's author was inspired by a different Catholic group.

The author herself-- and Politico's fact-checkers-- refuse to concede even-that much... asserting Judge Barrett's group _may_ have been the inspiration...
"But Atwood told POLITICO she was unsure whether People of Praise was among the real-world inspirations for her book, saying her notes from that time reside at the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library at the University of Toronto and are currently inaccessible due to the coronavirus. “Unless I can go back into the clippings file, I hesitate to say anything specific,” the Canadian author said in a statement."
One problem with the POLITICO/Atwood claim... it was already debunked in 2017, in New Jersey's largest local newspaper:
"In a recent New Yorker magazine profile, acclaimed author Margaret Atwood -- whose sci-fi classic "The Handmaid's Tale" is once again on best-seller lists, and was recently turned into a TV series for Hulu -- looked back on the research she conducted for her famous book.

"Clip-clippety-clip," Atwood said. "Out of the newspaper I clipped things."
In Atwood's research files, according to The New Yorker,.... "An Associated Press item reported on a Catholic congregation in New Jersey being taken over by a fundamentalist sect in which wives were called 'handmaidens' -- a word that Atwood had underlined."

You can even see, on The New Yorker's website, the yellowed article with the "BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J." dateline.
There's just one problem. The Jersey conflict that caught Atwood's attention didn't hit the Associated Press wires (and newspapers all across the U.S. and Canada) until October 1985.

By then Atwood's book had already been published.

It was reviewed twice in The New York Times, in late 1985 and early 1986, on its way to becoming a bestseller."

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Service Dog wrote: The author herself-- and Politico's fact-checkers-- refuse to concede even-that much... asserting Judge Barrett's group _may_ have been the inspiration...
And anyone with a clue about Romanism should recognise "handmaid" as a reference to Luke 1:48 in the Magnificat, and it signifies nothing whatever except that Papists are very keen on Mary.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Has anyone given much thought to axolotls?
It's the Tleilaxu face dancers that get to me.
Could be nasty - I hope you are taking suitable precautions.

In the meantime - here's something to listen to whilst you wait...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:56 am
handmaid6j.jpg

Day 6 of Google News front page offering the debunked Newsweek story, claiming that Judge Barrett's church group inspired The Handmaid's Tale.

Newsweek's "corrected" version of the story still claims that the book's author was inspired by a different Catholic group.

The author herself-- and Politico's fact-checkers-- refuse to concede even-that much... asserting Judge Barrett's group _may_ have been the inspiration...
"But Atwood told POLITICO she was unsure whether People of Praise was among the real-world inspirations for her book, saying her notes from that time reside at the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library at the University of Toronto and are currently inaccessible due to the coronavirus. “Unless I can go back into the clippings file, I hesitate to say anything specific,” the Canadian author said in a statement."
One problem with the POLITICO/Atwood claim... it was already debunked in 2017, in New Jersey's largest local newspaper:
"In a recent New Yorker magazine profile, acclaimed author Margaret Atwood -- whose sci-fi classic "The Handmaid's Tale" is once again on best-seller lists, and was recently turned into a TV series for Hulu -- looked back on the research she conducted for her famous book.

In Atwood's research files, according to The New Yorker,.... "An Associated Press item reported on a Catholic congregation in New Jersey being taken over by a fundamentalist sect in which wives were called 'handmaidens' -- a word that Atwood had underlined."

You can even see, on The New Yorker's website, the yellowed article with the "BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J." dateline.
There's just one problem. The Jersey conflict that caught Atwood's attention didn't hit the Associated Press wires (and newspapers all across the U.S. and Canada) until October 1985.

It was reviewed twice in The New York Times, in late 1985 and early 1986, on its way to becoming a bestseller."
The smear machine is rolling into action. Coyne just posted a 2016 clip from CBS supposedly showing that she is a hypocrite regarding SC nominations, only the full interview reveals that her conclusion was that there is no rule dictating the choices of the Senate and President regarding SC nominations in these contentious instances. Expect a blizzard of dis-ingenuity, lies, appeals to "decency" and calls to respect the dying wishes of RBG. I think Trump should have nominated Lagoa though as it would have made it harder for Romney to take out his butthurt by opposing her.

ThreeFlangedJavis

By "she" I mean Barrett, not Atwood.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:56 am
handmaid6j.jpg

The smear machine is rolling into action. Coyne just posted a 2016 clip from CBS supposedly showing that she is a hypocrite regarding SC nominations, only the full interview reveals that her conclusion was that there is no rule dictating the choices of the Senate and President regarding SC nominations in these contentious instances. Expect a blizzard of dis-ingenuity, lies, appeals to "decency" and calls to respect the dying wishes of RBG. I think Trump should have nominated Lagoa though as it would have made it harder for Romney to take out his butthurt by opposing her.
I go with Obama:
When there is a vacancy on the SCOTUS, the President is to nominate someone, the Senate is to consider that nomination... There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off-years. That's not in the Constitution text.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: .
You ain't black.

Kamala is such a huge Tupac fan, she was listening to his music years before he recorded any of it.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I see that recent photos of Biden are showing more lines on his face, and it may be that the facial immobility I noted a few weeks ago was due to heavy handed use of Botox. Time will tell if his brain recovers mobility like the saggy face. I would assume still that a vote for him will actually be one for Harris (and thus still better than four, eight or x more years of Trump.)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tom Woods interviews historian Kevin Gutzman about RGB, filling the vacancy, and the history of the SCOTUS.
https://tomwoods.com/ep-1740-the-post-g ... n-gutzman/

Two points stood out for me:

1. It makes sense that the Progressives wanted an activist court, before the Civil Rights gains for blacks, women, gays-- and before legalized abortion. The progs couldn't win popular support to elect politicians to enact those goals-- so they needed the Court to legislate from the bench. But now-- the country has shifted toward a majority of Americans supporing progressive stuff. So the Dems should revert to using the Legislatures to legislate. From here forward-- an activist "vote for what you believe in" court risks 5-4 decisions which take-away things progressives already won. Conservative 'narrow-interpretation' supremes will defend the prog status quo.

2. The Dems currently freaking-out about the court swinging to the right-- only have themselves to blame for having assigned so much legislative power to the court.

My departure from the progressive left was largely because I couldn't stand how they squander their resources. Pink pussy hat marches don't get anything done, for example. The 2 points above-- match my recent 'tough love' attitude-- if things get bad enough for the left, maybe they'll fix the rot inside their ranks, and come back more worthy. Be careful what I wish for, of course: a left super-strain.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: I see that recent photos of Biden are showing more lines on his face, and it may be that the facial immobility I noted a few weeks ago was due to heavy handed use of Botox. Time will tell if his brain recovers mobility like the saggy face. I would assume still that a vote for him will actually be one for Harris (and thus still better than four, eight or x more years of Trump.)
Take it from someone who watched up close Kamala's ruthless climb up the CA Dem ladder while abusing the power of every office she's held -- she is a machiavellian sociopath, and would rule as a vindictive, capricious dictator.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: a vote for him will actually be one for Harris (and thus still better than four, eight or x more years of Trump.)
The neocon war machine hates Trump, loves Biden/Harris. Which leaves you asserting that 'more forever wars' is better than Trump.

Likewise, a Biden/Harris win will mean no accountability for the deep state's corruption-- such as Flynn case or Hunter Biden. That's also 'still better' than Trump?

Another example: The truth-adverse news media will be fattened, not challenged-- under Biden/Harris.

Heck-- a Biden/Harris win-- is a win for the parasites atop the Democratic Party-- who subvert the popular will of Democrat voters. That house won't get cleaned if Biden/Harris win. (At least Trump acted as a bull rampaging in the Republican china shop.)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Sorry, SD, I remain unconvinced that more Trump is going to be good for the world. Now I am not in America, and have no say in it, but I do have to live with him as my neighbour in a duplex with him banging around on the other side of the party wall.
The good news today is that if he really only paid $750 in taxes for two of the last ten years, his reasons for staying in power are more to do with financial gain and staving off prosecution than because he is a power-hungry would-be dictator. I can cope with human frailty; megalomania not so much.

And don't be accusing me of being a bleeding heart. I've voted in 12 general/federal elections, ten times for Tories.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

No need to protest against accusations I never made. I don't get the impression you're a bleeding heart.

You & I are similar: neither of us will vote in the US election-- our opinions are just opinions. You're a 10x Tory voter who can't get behind Trump. I've never cheered for Republicans, until after Trump was already in office. (If the Democrats had picked Tulsi, I'd say they proved they're not hopeless idiots-- and she would be so far ahead of Trump, right now! Instead, she got 1% of Dem primary votes-- so I know 99% are a menace to themselves.)

As for how much Trump payed in taxes... You're changing the subject from your previous proposition. You said Kamala is a better option than Trump. I said Trump is an enema for the US war machine, deep state corruption, fake news media, and the smoky-backroom-dealers in the Democratic Party. Biden and Kamala are both vessels for those insidious powers. I don't think Trump is a noble knight. I think he's a jester. I'm ok with a boorish loudmouth glutton-- Sam Kinison, Tim Dillon, Roseanne Barr-- who still has a streak of the 'common touch' behind their lunacy. One reason opponents can't get a grip on Trump-- is they don't want to admit he fits that beloved archetype.

In a comedy-- the clown is the hero. The 'bad guy' is the uptight authority-figure trying to expose the clown as clownish-- and getting mad at the crowd for loving the clown anyway.

Look at Biden & Kamala in that clip with The Rock. Their mirth is forced-- like a villain faking being nice. Reptilians barely able to hold human form. They call a man they've never met before 'DJ', a nickname his fans have never heard. (Dwayne, Rocky, Rock, Mr. Johnson, Jabroni. Or don't call him anything at all-- just talk to him!)

Kamala claims to be a 'big fan'-- right when she's in the spotlight for being a fake-fan of rap music. Then she omits his entire wrestling career-- when praising his accomplishments. He asks wide-open questions about the great things they'll do-- and their replies are super-crazy-vague.

Imagine it was Tulsi. She & The Rock are both Samoans! They'd be surfing together. Rough-housing on a wrestling mat. Genuinely laughing.

If Trump wins again-- it will be because he cleared the low bar of seeming HUMAN. And because his opponents couldn't manage even that. Not just Kamala and Biden-- but the loony BLM in the streets, the kneeling white bootlickers praising Antifa. And bureaucrats who criminalized normal American life as "non-essential".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fat elvis is still elvis

ThreeFlangedJavis

screwtape wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 am
Sorry, SD, I remain unconvinced that more Trump is going to be good for the world. Now I am not in America, and have no say in it, but I do have to live with him as my neighbour in a duplex with him banging around on the other side of the party wall.
The good news today is that if he really only paid $750 in taxes for two of the last ten years, his reasons for staying in power are more to do with financial gain and staving off prosecution than because he is a power-hungry would-be dictator. I can cope with human frailty; megalomania not so much.

And don't be accusing me of being a bleeding heart. I've voted in 12 general/federal elections, ten times for Tories.
The notion of Trump as power hungry dictator is a media construction. He has never shown any indication that he wants to subvert the democratic process. Barr has done nothing but behave with integrity and it isn't his fault that it puts him at odds with the Democrats. Trump's opponent however, without question now, was part of a conspiracy to use the security services to undermine an incoming administration. The Democrats and the media are beavering away to disrupt the normal electoral process citing coronavirus which is a joke because they patently obviously don't give a shit about public gatherings. The establishment is dismissing fears about postal voting as propaganda, which is odd because bipartisan reports in the past have highlighted it as having potential for fraud. As I understand it, the mass postal voting proposed will not feature the tight controls applied to the usual absentee vote. Given the degree of BAMN, shaming and Scientology-like disconnection demonstrated by contemporary progs, how can anyone think that there won't be massive pressure placed on granny or other dependants to vote the "right way" when filling in the ballot without an official witness there to oversee. There are so many ways to abuse the postal voting system being proposed and the Dems don't even have to rig the election themselves because their rhetoric has already primed all of those faithful public sector supporters to do the right thing and save the country from Hitler. Trump would be remiss in his duty if he didn't express doubts about what is happening. The Democrats are spinning that as intention to steal the election. They have set the stage to let the activist minions cheat and raise a shitstorm if Trump doesn't fold immediately.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

If I were less lazy, I'd google 4 years of headlines containing the words "Trump" and "Finally".

Is Trump Finally Managing To Repel His Own Supporters? --The Guardian

Commentators-- have observed the Dems' perpetual belief that Trump is on the verge of getting his comeuppance. Russia, collusion, the Mueller Report, Mueller testifying, Ukraine, Impeachment, Covid-19, RBG. And when support for Trump fails to fall below the same solid 'floor', most commentators shift their ire to the deplorable public.

I think this tax return thing will be like that. Trump's tax returns are an even-older story than Russia. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is the silver bullet that gets him. I haven't looked past the headlines yet.

Mostly, I'm reminded of a previous 'finally' moment. At first, I didn't even remember which moment it was. All I remembered was Trump's reaction-- he was supposedly in some kind of big trouble-- and he shrugged it off. Saying it didn't "feel like" he was finally finally finally defeated.

I googled it. It was the day he was impeached. This live news report is more-perfect than I expected: Trump speaking live while the impeachment vote passes. Trump, unruffled-- unflappable. Surrounded by his supporters, as enthusiastic as ever. The camera even cuts to a reporter in the foreground, talking-over Trump-- while he's still giving his speech. But his cadence is still audible, and the cheers. By the end-- the reporter is blaming the crowd for taking Trump's side because it's "easy" and "digestible" (as if political corruption is unfathomable and not-sensational?!) "People at home and at the rallies can't follow along" she says. And by the very-end she's saying Trump's talking points "he did nothing wrong... this is a political stunt... the democrats have been after-him since the day he took office"

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hello, my fellow humans.

With masks over your normal human tongues.
Standing six feet away from close observation.
Abstaining from warm-blooded handshakes.

Ha.
HA!

Ha. HA!
Ha. HA!

Ha! HA!
Ah. ha ha ha. HA!

As I swivel each eye across this crowd, my normal-human visual range detects— that
I certainly am the same color as those of you who will vote for me. I am the correct color.

Your scales are no different than mine!

My color certainly does not change to match whatever background coloration I require.

The mighy KAH-Mah-LA does have to avoid being photographed in front of a school bus.

My human feelings match the perils you face.
Ever-since I was a small human fee-male, whose eggs do not leave my body in large batches.
Fertilization occurs within my torso. That little hatchling was me!

Shedding? What’s that?! HA AH AH AH AH haw-HAW!

I am tough on crime. Defund the police. Get high on drugs! Racism, amirite?

How about those local sports teams, representing this hive? Go… local team. Take a knee!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: I remain unconvinced that more Trump is going to be good for the world.
One word: China.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Has anyone tried turning the USA off for 30 secs and then turning it back on?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: snip

In a comedy-- the clown is the hero. The 'bad guy' is the uptight authority-figure trying to expose the clown as clownish-- and getting mad at the crowd for loving the clown anyway.

snip
https://i.etsystatic.com/7984009/r/il/6 ... 4_em7c.jpg

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

KiwiInOz wrote: Has anyone tried turning the USA off for 30 secs and then turning it back on?
A while back, they made a documentary on doing this for Germany. The documentary was called, “Das Boot”.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I don't think Trump deserves a second term, because he's lazy and hasn't actually done very much. Indeed, the worst thing about Trump is how normal a president he is.

The democrats, however, can never be allowed power in their current state. Holy crap they are terrifying.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: if he really only paid $750 in taxes for two of the last ten years, his reasons for staying in power are more to do with financial gain and staving off prosecution than because he is a power-hungry would-be dictator.
I think you were lied-to about Trump's taxes. I think you should direct your contempt-- at those who lied to you.

According to Breitbart-- Trump paid $1 Million in taxes in 2016, and $4.2 Million in 2017. He paid that money up-front. He doesn't get it back, except it's considered a pre-payment against future years' taxes.

The tax system allows Trump to subtract deductions from his tax bill. For example the purchase-price of residential real estate is deduct-able. But that deduction must be spread over 27.5 years... not taken all in one year.

For example: if Trump bought a house for $27,479,375-- (just under 27 Million bucks)... then Trump could subtract not-quite-a-million dollars from his taxes every year... for 27.5 years... and just owe $750 per year. (if his annual pre-deduction tax bill was a million bucks. which it was, in 2016.)

If you-- or the NY Times-- think the US tax system is a Scandal-- and it should operate differently-- fine, shout it from the rooftops.

But if you think Trump paying his taxes in the ordinary, mandated way-- is newsworthy, a bombshell, disqualifying Trump from his position of power-- then you're deluded. The New York Times is trying to influence an election by exploiting public ignorance of tax codes. It's a dirty trick. Only tax accountants are paid to learn the ins-and-outs of tax law. The rest of us rely on the fucking New York Times to give us a truthful summary.

Much more detail about Trump's taxes, here:
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/ ... -nonsense/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: (just under 27 Million bucks)
just over

ThreeFlangedJavis

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:26 pm
Have you guys tried turning Ardern off altogether and putting her back in the box?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sure, just laugh at the kid.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Service Dog wrote:
screwtape wrote: if he really only paid $750 in taxes for two of the last ten years, his reasons for staying in power are more to do with financial gain and staving off prosecution than because he is a power-hungry would-be dictator.
Why doesn't he just release his records freely so we don't have to rely on the NYT. More importantly, why do we have to belatedly find out he has massive debt obligations that might compromise the integrity of his office?

I think you were lied-to about Trump's taxes. I think you should direct your contempt-- at those who lied to you.

According to Breitbart-- Trump paid $1 Million in taxes in 2016, and $4.2 Million in 2017. He paid that money up-front. He doesn't get it back, except it's considered a pre-payment against future years' taxes.

The tax system allows Trump to subtract deductions from his tax bill. For example the purchase-price of residential real estate is deduct-able. But that deduction must be spread over 27.5 years... not taken all in one year.

For example: if Trump bought a house for $27,479,375-- (just under 27 Million bucks)... then Trump could subtract not-quite-a-million dollars from his taxes every year... for 27.5 years... and just owe $750 per year. (if his annual pre-deduction tax bill was a million bucks. which it was, in 2016.)

If you-- or the NY Times-- think the US tax system is a Scandal-- and it should operate differently-- fine, shout it from the rooftops.

But if you think Trump paying his taxes in the ordinary, mandated way-- is newsworthy, a bombshell, disqualifying Trump from his position of power-- then you're deluded. The New York Times is trying to influence an election by exploiting public ignorance of tax codes. It's a dirty trick. Only tax accountants are paid to learn the ins-and-outs of tax law. The rest of us rely on the fucking New York Times to give us a truthful summary.

Much more detail about Trump's taxes, here:
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/ ... -nonsense/

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Fucked that one up. first paragraph:

Why doesn't he just release his records freely so we don't have to rely on the NYT. More importantly, why do we have to belatedly find out he has massive debt obligations that might compromise the integrity of his office?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Have you guys tried turning Ardern off altogether and putting her back in the box?
Why would we want to do that?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Service Dog wrote: I think this tax return thing will be like that. Trump's tax returns are an even-older story than Russia. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is the silver bullet that gets him. I haven't looked past the headlines yet.
There's no way this or any other integrity-related theme will bring him down in the eyes of his supporters. Pussy grabbing was a momentary speed bump; do you think tax avoidance, legal or illegal, will have any impact? His supporters already hate taxes, particularly federal taxes. It may boost the opposition enough to oust him, I don't know.

It's just the same old same old. I recall going to a left wing political rally and being heckled by right wing homeless persons. These were people who would never be served by the system, never achieve the American capitalist dream and who probably would never realize that the very system they were holding out for was gradually killing them. Fantasy is more powerful than reality. It's why people worship kings and queens and don't dismember and eat them. In general, of course. If the charade breaks down, that's when heads roll and Mussolini gets hung like a pork carcass.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Hmm, this give me an idea. I wonder if Amazon would still take back Trump.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Shit, someone stop me.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Can't we at least get the input box to automatically scroll to the bottom? It's not like I'm asking for an edit button.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

It seems especially disingenuous for a slimepitter to pretend that a joking like " grab em by the pussy" spoken in jest to an ostensible friend in a locker room, is some kind of big deal.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

It seems especially disingenuous for a slimepitter to pretend that a joking like " grab em by the pussy" spoken in jest to an ostensible friend in a locker room, is some kind of big deal.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

fuzzy wrote: It seems especially disingenuous for a slimepitter to pretend that a joking like " grab em by the pussy" spoken in jest to an ostensible friend in a locker room, is some kind of big deal.
Aren't you forgetting something? Like his "base", which includes evangelicals.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Keating wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:57 pm
I don't think Trump deserves a second term, because he's lazy and hasn't actually done very much. Indeed, the worst thing about Trump is how normal a president he is.

The democrats, however, can never be allowed power in their current state. Holy crap they are terrifying.

Be fair! It is difficult to do anything when the civil service is undermining you and the opposition's only concern is stopping you from governing. That said, he has done quite a bit. He's cut back some of the tangle of statutes his predecessors grew, he's brought blue collar jobs back to the country and focused attention on China, he lowered unemployment quite a lot, brokered some peace deals, put a brake on the military adventurism, built some border wall and not least, burst some of Pelosi's blood vessels. I'm sure he's done quite a bit else but very few in the media will broadcast any of his achievements. For a "normal" president he seems to have managed to get an awful lot of the swamp monkeys after him. He would undoubtedly have cleaned up a lot more of the corruption and overreach of the intelligence/security establishment but the bastards took out the man who was going to do it before he could get going.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: Sure, just laugh at the kid.

One of the dumbest movies, ever, IMO.

I wrote a script for a remake, nevertheless. My version would only run about fifteen minutes, but ends with a big bang.
Express XLR_shells.png
(294.49 KiB) Downloaded 1303 times

ThreeFlangedJavis

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
You probably don't, but I'd consider it a personal favour.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 am
Service Dog wrote: I think this tax return thing will be like that. Trump's tax returns are an even-older story than Russia. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is the silver bullet that gets him. I haven't looked past the headlines yet.
There's no way this or any other integrity-related theme will bring him down in the eyes of his supporters. Pussy grabbing was a momentary speed bump; do you think tax avoidance, legal or illegal, will have any impact? His supporters already hate taxes, particularly federal taxes. It may boost the opposition enough to oust him, I don't know.

It's just the same old same old. I recall going to a left wing political rally and being heckled by right wing homeless persons. These were people who would never be served by the system, never achieve the American capitalist dream and who probably would never realize that the very system they were holding out for was gradually killing them. Fantasy is more powerful than reality. It's why people worship kings and queens and don't dismember and eat them. In general, of course. If the charade breaks down, that's when heads roll and Mussolini gets hung like a pork carcass.
How is this integrity related? Do you think all of the other real estate developers out there are volunteering to overpay? The tax regime is set up to encourage property development and is an issue for legislation. Perhaps his supporters care about what he actually does in office rather than what others think of his manner or "integrity". Should they vote for someone who tells them they are worthy of work and brings back jobs or someone who tells them their jobs will never come back and insults them? Would you vote Biden? If so, you seem willing to ignore the stench of corruption that's followed him and his family throughout his career, his obvious unfitness for office and his habit of lying. How about the collusion to undermine a democratically elected president? If you do support Biden then it's because you think he is going to do things you want to happen despite his baggage. Don't piss on the great unwashed for doing the same. The Democrat Party keeps making the same mistake,not understanding why people support Trump and reject their policies. It seems to be dawning on Americans that the Democrats treat minorities like their pets, down at heel and fed scare stories to keep them voting left. Their "silver bullets" don't work, not least because Trump isn't a werewolf. Speaking of integrity, the bigger story here should be the illegal violation of privacy, which is a serious offence.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
You probably don't, but I'd consider it a personal favour.
You're welcome.
Arden_box.jpg
(33.71 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times