You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: I thought AR-15s were bad guns. Apparently guns aren't bad, the people who carry them are (or something):
I thought race-based militias were bad. And police outsourcing their dirty work. And "gender-based violence".
"'It's important to have men from the community step up for the community,' Sasha Cotton, director of the city's Office of Violence Prevention"

And outsiders crossing state lines...
Romeal Taylor, 28, joined the group after seeing people who weren't from the neighborhood... "These were outsiders truly intent on destroying this city."

[[ 6 sentences later]]

"As well as continuing to patrol in the north Minneapolis, the Freedom Fighters have also traveled to other protests where violence has erupted...
Some members traveled to Louisville, Kentucky,"

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Sooo...a Canadian tried to assassinate the President of the United States. Isn’t that enough reason to invade?
Since a percentage of our forests are now cinders, we could use the lumber resources.
Also, the Democrats want more states. This would do it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: First presidential debate in one week. Dems have got to find some lame excuse to cancel:

C'mon, man!

Biden doesn't need a teleprompter! He's got reporters to prompt him...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

mordacious1 wrote: Sooo...a Canadian tried to assassinate the President of the United States. Isn’t that enough reason to invade?
Since a percentage of our forests are now cinders, we could use the lumber resources.
As polite as they are we just have to ask to come in.

Q: How do you get a Canadian to say he's sorry?

A: Step on his foot.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Driftless wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am
mordacious1 wrote: Sooo...a Canadian tried to assassinate the President of the United States. Isn’t that enough reason to invade?

True story bro. Also:

Q. How do you know a Canadian is telling you to fuck off?

A. When the Canadian tells you "Thank you for your input".

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am

True story bro. Also:

Q. How do you know a Canadian is telling you to fuck off?

A. When the Canadian tells you "Thank you for your input".
That must be Canadian for "Bless your heart".

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:

That must be Canadian for "Bless your heart".
Canadian version of "As American as Apple Pie": As Canadian as possible under the circumstances.

Most boring headline conceivable: Sensible Canadian initiative debated.

John D

Post by John D »

Pro-Trump anti-BLM fighter. Wow man.... haha. Good stuff at 6:00 and about 12:00. He beat the living piss out of a black fighter who just chanted "Black lives matter" all the time. Called him an evil commie.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

I know Tucker may be exaggerating slightly, but can you honestly say that he is wrong? I'm a bit puzzled as to the lack of urgency shown by Joe Public about the situation. The Democrat Party is,as near to explicitly as they can, encouraging lawlessness and getting people killed. Not only that, they are doing their best to get victims of violence prosecuted for defending themselves. They are making a concerted attempt to turn any quite normal protocols into unacceptable behaviour worthy of violent protest. Are people too afraid to say what they feel? Are they genuinely unaware of what is being done to their country? How can anyone not feel absolute disgust with the politicians whipping people into a violent frenzy while wagging their fingers about non-existent crimes?. You might wonder why a foreigner is so concerned. Well, the anti-white Marxist rhetoric really is emboldening race grifters and Marxists abroad, our president included. For all of it's faults the US, along with some European countries, stood as a guarantor of the survival of liberal principles. That may not be true for much longer. I think the time for conciliatory gestures is gone. If Trump wins the election I hope he unleashes the dogs and exposes for everyone to see the scale of deception and subterfuge mobilised against him.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

AndrewV69 wrote: :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love the redhead cracking up. At least someone has a sense of humour.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I know Tucker may be exaggerating slightly, but can you honestly say that he is wrong? I'm a bit puzzled as to the lack of urgency shown by Joe Public about the situation. The Democrat Party is,as near to explicitly as they can, encouraging lawlessness and getting people killed. Not only that, they are doing their best to get victims of violence prosecuted for defending themselves. They are making a concerted attempt to turn any quite normal protocols into unacceptable behaviour worthy of violent protest. Are people too afraid to say what they feel? Are they genuinely unaware of what is being done to their country? How can anyone not feel absolute disgust with the politicians whipping people into a violent frenzy while wagging their fingers about non-existent crimes?. You might wonder why a foreigner is so concerned. Well, the anti-white Marxist rhetoric really is emboldening race grifters and Marxists abroad, our president included. For all of it's faults the US, along with some European countries, stood as a guarantor of the survival of liberal principles. That may not be true for much longer. I think the time for conciliatory gestures is gone. If Trump wins the election I hope he unleashes the dogs and exposes for everyone to see the scale of deception and subterfuge mobilised against him.
Yes, they are. Can you blame them? I'm getting a real sense of considerable silent support for Trump -- plus rejection of Harris-Biden on the far Left. How much remains to be seen.

Also, the moves made of late by the Biden campaign indicate to me they are concerned about enthusiasm among their base. Deeper dive polling shows Biden well behind Hillary in core base demographics.

I believe the Dems overplayed their hand with these supreme court seat apoplexy. Threatening to "blow up the system", riot, physically shut down the government, pack the court, add Dem-friendly states in violation of the Constitution, or even urge secession, looks bad.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

You wouldn't get much fun if you put your left and right onto a seesaw. They actually have to be either side of the centre point.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This is for real:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: You wouldn't get much fun if you put your left and right onto a seesaw. They actually have to be either side of the centre point.
Which end do you think they're both on?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: You wouldn't get much fun if you put your left and right onto a seesaw. They actually have to be either side of the centre point.
Centrepoint - Still rather controversial after all these years.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Despite the de-plat - it looks like Alex is still prepared to do a PSA...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Looks like the usual suspects have been slacking - so I'll have to post this myself...

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: First presidential debate in one week. Dems have got to find some lame excuse to cancel:

C'mon, man!

Biden doesn't need a teleprompter! He's got reporters to prompt him...

Look, it's Senile Granpa vs. The Retard. Either way, the free world is screwed!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

To be read in Trump voice:

"I really don't get it. We have really great people, so many great people. People who would be great presidents, so great, perfect for the job. Why are these two our choice?"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Senate releases scathing report on Hunter and other Biden relatives making bank from China, Ukraine and other foreign powers; Obama admin aware of its VP's conflict-of-interest. MSM will, of course, if it doesn't completely ignore it, will dismiss it as a partisan hit job.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/ ... _FINAL.pdf

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Glenn Greenwald on why the Leftist elite hate Joe Rogan:
While Rogan is politically liberal, he is … culturally conservative …. Rogan exudes culturally conservative signals: He likes MMA fighting, makes crude jokes, hunts, and just generally fails to speak in the lingo of the professional managerial class and coastal elites. And it is those cultural standards, rather than political ones, that make Rogan anathema to elite liberal culture because … liberals care far more about proper culture signaling than they do about the much harder and more consequential work of actual politics.
https://theintercept.com/2020/09/22/as- ... klash-why/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Is Jill the voice behind Sleepy Joe's earpiece?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Glenn Greenwald on why the Leftist elite hate Joe Rogan:
While Rogan is politically liberal, he is … culturally conservative …. Rogan exudes culturally conservative signals: He likes MMA fighting, makes crude jokes, hunts, and just generally fails to speak in the lingo of the professional managerial class and coastal elites. And it is those cultural standards, rather than political ones, that make Rogan anathema to elite liberal culture because … liberals care far more about proper culture signaling than they do about the much harder and more consequential work of actual politics.
Interesting article. If Rogan had a Harvard degree maybe those people would think better of them, which just shows their bigotry. As it is now I guess he looks too much like a deplorable.

Spotify staffers are also upset that his podcasts go out without their censorship:

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/0 ... oversight/
A group of Spotify staffers are now reportedly pushing to introduce direct editing oversight over The Joe Rogan Experience — before the episodes go live. That includes content flags, trigger warnings, references to fact-checked information, or simply refusing to publish an episode at all.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ↑
Glenn Greenwald on why the Leftist elite hate Joe Rogan:
While Rogan is politically liberal, he is … culturally conservative …. Rogan exudes culturally conservative signals: He likes MMA fighting, makes crude jokes, hunts, and just generally fails to speak in the lingo of the professional managerial class and coastal elites. And it is those cultural standards, rather than political ones, that make Rogan anathema to elite liberal culture because … liberals care far more about proper culture signaling than they do about the much harder and more consequential work of actual politics.
Interesting article. If Rogan had a Harvard degree maybe those people would think better of them, which just shows their bigotry.
I find it a little strange that Greenwald's label for Rogan's image is 'conservative'... combat sports, crude jokes, hunting, talking like a 'regular guy'...

when the obvious common denominator there is masculinity. Even Rogan's resistance to the entire transgender agenda-- is connected to Rogan voicing the boundaries of his own masculine gender.

I'm not saying Greenwald's assessment is incorrect. Just that the omission of the obvious-- invites the question of why it was omitted.

==
The same 'culturally conservative' analysis has also been applied to why the Dems didn't embrace Tulsi. And why the Obama team rolled their eyes at Biden. And maybe they're both too masculine for the sophisticated elites, too.

==
The inverse of the elite's distaste for Rogan-- is Buttigieg/Kamala/Warren-- whose gay/nonwhite/vagina branding distracts boomer-dems from their actual CIA/badcop/sellout substance.

=
For the last day-or-so, I've been thinking about whether support for BLM in 2020 will-- or should-- haunt people into the future. Is it a disqualifier, if you're hiring someone in, say, 2023? Should it be? My first thought is-- yes, it should be. But I also have a gut-level concern that people I know in IRL-- who overtly treat me like they don't have a big problem with me-- have been putting on masks and throwing molotovs-- and they haven't told me to my face that I'm on their permament shitlist-- mostly for being a big hairy white-ish straight guy who laughs at offensive jokes and doesn't hate Trump blindly-enough. So the Golden Rule gives me pause about canceling those who showed their dull-beige-NPC colors in 2020.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I find it a little strange that Greenwald's label for Rogan's image is 'conservative'... combat sports, crude jokes, hunting, talking like a 'regular guy'...

when the obvious common denominator there is masculinity.
Gay men have it easier, in the current atmosphere, embracing their masculinity. Woke males, especially those unctuous 'male feminist allies', have been indoctrinated to view any and all traditional masculine displays or behavior as 'toxic'. Since only non-woke -- i.e., per their Manichaeism, 'conservative' -- men act masculine, masculinity is, by default, perceived as conservative per se. It is interesting that Greenwald, who sees through the woke nonsense, unconsciously reiterates that.

But I also have a gut-level concern that people I know in IRL-- who overtly treat me like they don't have a big problem with me-- have been putting on masks and throwing molotovs-- and they haven't told me to my face that I'm on their permament shitlist-- mostly for being a big hairy white-ish straight guy who laughs at offensive jokes and doesn't hate Trump blindly-enough.
My Berner friend is being mercilessly hounded, shamed, and 'cancelled' for announcing she'll either vote third party or not at all for POTUS, but under no circumstances can support Biden. And that's in solid blue Oregon, where her vote is inconsequential.

Hey, the woke left turned this into a Light vs. Dark cosmic battle. They can fuck off, and I'll gladly associate instead with anyone who's willing to tolerate political and ideological differences.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Found this and wonder how it is that no justification is required for the label "alt-right weirdo":

https://yasha.substack.com/p/matt-taibb ... ocrite-b78
I mean, just look at how Matt talks about cancel culture with that alt-right weirdo Bret Weinstein. Dialing in from his office, which is decked out with a cool drum kit and framed Rolling Stone covers, Matt explains that cancel culture is actually a Bolshevik-like bacillus. It’s infecting our institutions! We gotta get it out!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: Found this and wonder how it is that no justification is required for the label "alt-right weirdo":
The entire essay is so uncharitable... it's written in the voice of today's vicious one-sided reporting.

I surmise this Yasha Levine has disdain for his own readers. For example, Levine provides the link to Taibbi's facebook mea culpa-- right there in the open for every reader to click & see-- but then Levine dares to misreport the contents of the facebook post. Levine is betting-on his readers not clicking the link. He's betting-on readers trusting him more than they should. Who cares if he loses a few readers-- the ones who bother to click & see for themselves. Goo Riddance!, The readers he retains require less effort to deceive.

Taibbi's facebook post:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
Which end do you think they're both on?
The down side, obviously.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Hunt wrote: snip

Look, it's Senile Granpa vs. The Retard. Either way, the free world is screwed!

snip
I think that its a spinoff from the Dumb and Dumber movie franchise.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
Centrepoint - Still rather controversial after all these years.
Ah, yes. Bert Potter.

I was at Uni with a female former member of that commune.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: snip

Hey, the woke left turned this into a Light vs. Dark cosmic battle. They can fuck off, and I'll gladly associate instead with anyone who's willing to tolerate political and ideological differences.
Slymepit for President

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

So I found myself linked to Ophelia Benson's blog the other day, and spent an hour or so poking around, because I hadn't visited her site since maybe 2017 or so.

...the woman has lost it. Aside from Trump, literally all she posts about is her completely obsessive anti-trans vendetta. Frankly it's to the point of monomania. I don't even have that strong an opinion about the whole trans debate, but this shit is not normal or healthy. What is it about this subject that causes people to go so totally off the rails?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Percentage wrote: What is it about this subject that causes people to go so totally off the rails?
It's up there with abortion & racism-- issues where people think the sky is falling if their viewpoint doesn't prevail.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

One clue that Antifa isn't very good at opposing uber-nationalism...

their flag is a picture of two more flags.

https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/seijinx/img ... 20a267.jpg

ADL lists anti-Antifa symbols as white supremacist
https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... ifa-images

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden in 36 seconds:

emerges from darkness

fumbling with mask, mumbling in mask, mask falling off nose, pulling-up mask, flicking mask-fingers at bystanders...

answer to Breonna Taylor question: "You all should have gotten an email."

asks "what country are we in?"

(at least he realized that sounded bad, based on his frequent confusion about what state, city, or gymnasium he's in)

trademark biden catchphrase: "I'm being facætious!"

pulls down mask

'I don't know what to say about it'

returns to darkness

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Trump & Melania booed at RGB casket... afterward camera turns on hecklers... engrossed in their phones.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Percentage wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 pm
So I found myself linked to Ophelia Benson's blog the other day, and spent an hour or so poking around, because I hadn't visited her site since maybe 2017 or so.

...the woman has lost it. Aside from Trump, literally all she posts about is her completely obsessive anti-trans vendetta. Frankly it's to the point of monomania. I don't even have that strong an opinion about the whole trans debate, but this shit is not normal or healthy. What is it about this subject that causes people to go so totally off the rails?
You don't engage with Ophelia expecting normal and healthy about anything. There are many bees buzzing in that bonnet.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

What an asshole.

In other words "My ideas do no stand up to robust scrutiny, so here's some PoMo word salad and virtue signalling which totally has currency in the real world."

ThreeFlangedJavis

Sulman wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:51 am
What an asshole.

In other words "My ideas do no stand up to robust scrutiny, so here's some PoMo word salad and virtue signalling which totally has currency in the real world."
Winning and dominance indeed. Subservience is a pre-requisite and taken for granted. Like all PoMo shite it just disconnects itself from objectivity so that it can construct an arbitrary set of rules to put itself in a no-lose situation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Learn to debate, in 27 seconds...

Q: HOW is it not a conflict of interest?

A: It's NOT.

(saying it enough times makes it true)... There's been NO INDICATION it is.

(time for a biden catchphrase)... "PERIOD!"

(another biden catchphrase)... "I'm not going to respond to that!"

*STAB MY ANGRYFINGER IN THE AIR AT YOU!!!!!111!!!*

(Pay no attention to my corrupt son behind the curtain must... shift... FOCUS! to... TRUMP!.

SHOUT! stab stab stab SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT

(factually-incorrect-every-time catchphrase) "No president has ever done this!"

shouting makes it true: "NO PRESIDENT!"

----
oh shit... doxed myself... yup... i'm that bodylanguageghost lady --SD

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Learn to debate, in 27 seconds...

(Pay no attention to my corrupt son behind the curtain must... shift... FOCUS! to... TRUMP!.

----
Joe fumes whenever anybody gets close to his loser, coke-snorting, whore-banging, pole-dancer-impregnating, only surviving son. You think Trump's people haven't noticed and won't try to exploit that in the debates?

I mean, debate, singular. Dems will find an excuse to cancel the rest.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Team Joe put a "lid" on Joe's campaign day again this morning, 9th time in past 24 days. On the bright side, that gives a .625 chance that Joe's brain will be somewhat functioning this Tuesday.

Trump is having a field day with it:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 pm

----
Joe fumes whenever anybody gets close to his loser, coke-snorting, whore-banging, pole-dancer-impregnating, only surviving son. You think Trump's people haven't noticed and won't try to exploit that in the debates?

You mean son with sharp and inciteful legal mind. Son who gives totally non self-serving and definitely not lefty media pundit sourced opinions on his authoritative youtube channel. He's legit, definitely worth millions for any oligarch with a corruption scandal in need of disappearing. I doubt there'll ever be a real investigation into Ukraine. So much has already been exposed, including proof that Saint Yovanovich told a bunch of porkies to the impeachment hearing, but nothing ever gets done and the media mis-direction continues.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

----

He swings like a belligerent drunk when the conversation gets close to anything uncomfortable. I can't think of a better way of dissuading the undecideds than his penchant for insulting them when they put him to the test.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Big noisy protest passing under my window. Remember when masked night-rallies were only in movies about the kkk?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

At the time of her death, Breonna Taylor was actively engaged in her ex-[sic] BF's drug ring, with her apartment a key location in the operation:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/09/ ... e-charges/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Evil.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

4 days after Newsweek and the NYTimes printed-- and were forced to retract-- preposterous claims that one of Trump's SCOTUS cunts is a member of an actual Handmaiden's Tale cult...

...Google news still features the story on their front page.

Actually, 'forced to retract' isn't quite correct. Newsweek didn't retract, they merely obfuscated.

The truth about the cunt's religion-- is that 1960's flower children embraced hippie longhair sandal commune Jesus in the early 70's. Young boomer Catholics didn't want to be the frumpy oldworld squares in that scenario, so they brought acoustic guitars to mass and made macrame banners about the Pentagon Holding A Bake Sale.

Anybody still involved in that shit thru the 70's 80's 90's 2000's 2010's... is indistinguishable from Elizabeth Warren.

(As a late 80's teen, I worked for a bakery in Madison Wisconsin-- full of idle moms who thought gourmet coffee and croissants were sophisticated. It nearly escaped my notice-- that the place was founded in 1971 by college dorks who heard a motivational speaker talk-about the 'Masters of Wisdom' (Buddha, Krishna, Jesus, whoever.) The dorks were so literal-minded, they decided to communally bake bread because of Jesus's 'loaves'. 20 years later it was packed with Klobuchars... very profitable. Not controversial.)

Late last night I wondered in the dark-- why I kinda wanna see some weird wizard bearded types on the Supreme Court. And crones. Misshapen outcast seers. Another mute (like Thomas). More so than fucking Stacy Abrams or Bret Weinstein or Sam Harris.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: Evil.
A Chicago man who was cast by Mayor Lori Lightfoot as the “Census Cowboy” whipped and kicked his exhausted and injured horse to make it continue running down the Dan Ryan Expressway on Monday afternoon, prosecutors say. The horse, named NuNu, is in critical condition and may have to be destroyed, according to allegations made during a bond hearing today.

Assistant State’s Attorney Kevin Deboni said Adam Hollingsworth’s horse was not equipped with shoes when he took it “trotting for miles” in a “Kids’ Lives Matter” protest, injuring the horse’s legs and feet.

NuNu collapsed at one point, but Hollingsworth whipped it to keep it moving, Deboni said. Two veterinarians who later examined the horse said it “suffered greatly, bled profusely,” collapsed repeatedly, and was not correctly saddled and cushioned, according to Deboni. NuNu collapsed repeatedly during treatment, the state said.

Hollingsworth posted a Facebook video on June 11 “saying he’s going to ride his horse til it dies,” Deboni said.

After the 7-plus mile run, the animal’s heart was racing at twice its normal rate, and its eyes were so dilated, they “looked like cartoon eyes,” he continued.

Both veterinarians concluded that NuNu would have died had medial attention not been given. Yet, the horse remains in critical condition. It “will never be deemed suitable to ride again, and euthanasia may be utilized for humane reasons due to the suffering the animal will likely endure for the rest of its life,” Deboni told Cook County Judge David Navarro.

One veterinarian reportedly told investigators that NuNu’s treatment was equivalent to “making an 80-year-old woman run a full marathon,” according to Deboni.

Prosecutors charged Hollingsworth with animal cruelty, reckless conduct, trespass to state land, and traffic violations.

Emily Bock, his public defender, disputed the extent of any injuries the animal may have received and said Hollingsworth is “known for” riding horses. NuNu was well-fed, and saddle sores are common, she countered. Bock said experts disagree about whether horses need to be shod to walk on concrete.

Hollingsworth is married, a father of one, and “a pillar in the community,” Bock said as she asked Navarro to release the 33-year-old on a recognizance bond.

“Your attorney referred to a protest,” Navarro said after hearing from the attorneys. “The horse doesn’t know that it’s part of a protest.” Navarro said the treatment described by prosecutors “appears criminal” as he recounted allegations that NuNu collapsed and was beaten to get up.

“Reference is made to the census,” Navarro told Hollingsworth. “I don’t know what any of this has to do with the promotion of the census…[it appears] more related to the promotion of yourself.”

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

This somehow escaped the Pit's notice yesterday. Nadler became a literal shitsack as well as a figuative one.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

House Republicans have really been raising their ad game this year:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Anti-enlightenment horseshit from Aeon.

The title is just so eye-rollingly $CURRENT_YEAR
Pomo Horseshit.png
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 1491 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Evil.
A Chicago man who was cast by Mayor Lori Lightfoot as the “Census Cowboy” whipped and kicked his exhausted and injured horse to make it continue running down the Dan Ryan Expressway on Monday afternoon, prosecutors say. The horse, named NuNu, is in critical condition and may have to be destroyed, according to allegations made during a bond hearing today.

Assistant State’s Attorney Kevin Deboni said Adam Hollingsworth’s horse was not equipped with shoes when he took it “trotting for miles” in a “Kids’ Lives Matter” protest, injuring the horse’s legs and feet.

NuNu collapsed at one point, but Hollingsworth whipped it to keep it moving, Deboni said. Two veterinarians who later examined the horse said it “suffered greatly, bled profusely,” collapsed repeatedly, and was not correctly saddled and cushioned, according to Deboni. NuNu collapsed repeatedly during treatment, the state said.

Hollingsworth posted a Facebook video on June 11 “saying he’s going to ride his horse til it dies,” Deboni said.

After the 7-plus mile run, the animal’s heart was racing at twice its normal rate, and its eyes were so dilated, they “looked like cartoon eyes,” he continued.

Both veterinarians concluded that NuNu would have died had medial attention not been given. Yet, the horse remains in critical condition. It “will never be deemed suitable to ride again, and euthanasia may be utilized for humane reasons due to the suffering the animal will likely endure for the rest of its life,” Deboni told Cook County Judge David Navarro.

One veterinarian reportedly told investigators that NuNu’s treatment was equivalent to “making an 80-year-old woman run a full marathon,” according to Deboni.

Prosecutors charged Hollingsworth with animal cruelty, reckless conduct, trespass to state land, and traffic violations.

Emily Bock, his public defender, disputed the extent of any injuries the animal may have received and said Hollingsworth is “known for” riding horses. NuNu was well-fed, and saddle sores are common, she countered. Bock said experts disagree about whether horses need to be shod to walk on concrete.

Hollingsworth is married, a father of one, and “a pillar in the community,” Bock said as she asked Navarro to release the 33-year-old on a recognizance bond.

“Your attorney referred to a protest,” Navarro said after hearing from the attorneys. “The horse doesn’t know that it’s part of a protest.” Navarro said the treatment described by prosecutors “appears criminal” as he recounted allegations that NuNu collapsed and was beaten to get up.

“Reference is made to the census,” Navarro told Hollingsworth. “I don’t know what any of this has to do with the promotion of the census…[it appears] more related to the promotion of yourself.”
Kill him.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Een hith eentervoo he tawk lawk a retar. It-tttthseem lawk he ith nah goo at-ttttthink ttthingth- tttthrough.

I don't think he can think past the top layer of anything-- he doesn't realize that "sending out a stress signal" to Mayor Lightfoot, ask her to get his charges dropped-- in a press conference-- will have the opposite effect-- she'll let him hang for dragging her name into this mess.

He doesn't realize that Kids Lives Matter is a perfectly-good cause, but the Black Lives Matter people will hate him for highlighting black-on-black crime.

His first time on a horse was 4 years ago-- he doesn't understand he did anything wrong.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote: House Republicans have really been raising their ad game this year:

It's a trend:

The NPR/New Yorker crowd will poo-poo these types of ads. But not only do they deliver clear, powerful messages, they are fun. Reagan won because Carter was a major buzzkill, while Ronnie assured us it was morning again in America.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I read this on Twitter regarding this barrister that was allegedly repeatedly profiled while going to a court briefing. It's here:

Here's the problem, and I fully respect IATA here, but I don't believe it. It's too similar to all those stories Donut Operator has broken down about incidents of supposed police racism turning out to be total fiction.

Twitter's great flaw is the belief that everyone is being truthful, whereas I think it's quite fair to say most peoople on Twitter are total fucking liars.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Another movie trailer, this one for a disaster flic:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Sulman wrote: I read this on Twitter regarding this barrister that was allegedly repeatedly profiled while going to a court briefing. It's here:

Here's the problem, and I fully respect IATA here, but I don't believe it. It's too similar to all those stories Donut Operator has broken down about incidents of supposed police racism turning out to be total fiction.

Twitter's great flaw is the belief that everyone is being truthful, whereas I think it's quite fair to say most peoople on Twitter are total fucking liars.
Easy to verify, isn't it? Just bring her back to the courthouse and corroborate it with the people who were there. Just have her point and say, "That's the one (officer)" and it shouldn't be too difficult.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Has anyone given much thought to axolotls?