You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Ah, Greenwich Palace. My father-in-law's last plum posting in the RN was as Captain in charge of the Royal Naval Staff College, and for two years he lived in luxury there, attended by RN stewards. We lived over the river in West Ham (cheap!) but would bicycle over with a long dress and a dinner jacket for mess dinners and the Greenwich Ball. Had a narrow escape from a ridiculous wedding in Greenwich Chapel with reception in the Painted Hall; we came to a more sensible and tolerable arrangement that saved a fortune.
Never met any doggers either.
Foot tunnel is back open - or at least is was when I walked it a couple of weekends ago. Cyclists are technically verbotten though.

Doggers are probably rarer since the flooding of Doggerland.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: ...When people ask "What does the science say?" you know they don't grasp that. I can't blame them, only the lame excuses for schools they went to.
Finally! A sensible reason to never re-open the schools!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

George Floyd raw bodycam footage released. 1hr 5min clip.

John D

Post by John D »

Driftless = not funny sarcasm.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Chicago BLM: "looting is a form of reparations"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntown.html

John D

Post by John D »

justinvacula wrote: George Floyd raw bodycam footage released. 1hr 5min clip.

None of this should be a surprise to anyone. It was obvious that there was a lot of crazy shit going on. My prediction from trial..... Floyd died from drugs, but the cops should have helped him more than they did. They will perhaps give the cops manslaughter or negligence. Prepare for a new spectacle of riots. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gratuitous pic of a specimen of Ranidae lightfootensis about to catch a fly:

Platée.jpg
(46.33 KiB) Downloaded 848 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

12m2s -- what previously-appeared to be a stream of piss from the dead man-- was clearly already on the ground, beforehand. Maybe condensation from the copcar AC.

24m33s -- cop conversation with the manager who sells electronics in the back of the corner store. Manager says they 'both had counterfeits' (Floyd & other guy in the car).

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Chicago BLM: "looting is a form of reparations"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntown.html
To all of the corporations who are in support of BLM: are you going to open up your buildings so that people can get "reparations"? You have insurance so it is OK.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

This objection to the presentation if counterfoot bills is potentially problematic toward Aussies and Kiwis.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

screwtape wrote:
People are idiots, and that includes many who have been appointed to advise us. But the coronavirus still kills and sickens, and we must do our best to navigate through it all. We can't just rely on our own opinions for matters like whether masks work or not. I think we see science playing out on a large screen in public, here. Conflicting studies, some biased, some influenced by preconception, and often subject to funding and political pressure. Ultimately a consensus will emerge that will survive and we'll wonder why there was ever any doubt about it. It's the story of all science these days, but mostly the public doesn't see it, and doesn't care about it. This time, they do, and so they should. We all know science is a moving target, not simple facts, but Pitters are a select few. When people ask "What does the science say?" you know they don't grasp that. I can't blame them, only the lame excuses for schools they went to.
I agree, but it's because people are idiots that I would want to keep public health advice as simple and evidence-based as possible. Social distancing, isolation when exhibiting flu-like symptoms, and frequent hand washing/sanitization give nearly all the protection it's possible to get short of hazmat suits, and are completely proven and non-controversial. For the general public, masks in general provide at best a tiny extra benefit at the margin while potentially screwing with the basics by making people feel more secure and compromising social distancing and hand washing. And if they're re-using surgical masks, or not washing fabric masks every day or not being extremely careful not to touch the surface of the mask when taking it off, they're almost certainly making things worse. Much better to keep things simple, and get 99% of the potential benefit with a regimen even idiots can stick to, than try for that potential tiny gain, complicate the situation and rely on idiots not to mess things up. This is the primary stated reason why Scandinavia's public health authorities oppose general mask recommendations.

Speaking of which, I wonder what it is about Scandinavia, a region that I generally prefer Canada and the US not emulate, that makes their public health authorities respect the current state of epidemiological science and its uncertainties without papering over the uncertainties with extreme negativity bias, and most importantly not cave to political pressure.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

John D wrote:

None of this should be a surprise to anyone. It was obvious that there was a lot of crazy shit going on. My prediction from trial..... Floyd died from drugs, but the cops should have helped him more than they did. They will perhaps give the cops manslaughter or negligence. Prepare for a new spectacle of riots. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I pretty much agree, but I don't know what the fall back charges they could be convicted of would be. There is no evidence of any malice in the communications among the police, they realize he's having a medical episode and, at least by their communications, are genuinely trying to do what's in his best interest while waiting for paramedics. Unfortunately, instead of the 'excited delirium' they assume it to be, it's a fentanyl overdose with its attendant breathing problems. Most likely, it was the pressure on his torso rather than the famous knee on his neck that did the most to facilitate his death. I don't know if any reasonably objective juror can equate this kind of misdiagnosis by police officers to the depraved indifference to life generally required for manslaughter. But I don't expect this jury to be chosen based on its objectivity.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Biden's nurses pick Kamala Harris as his running mate. There hasn't been a ticket this appealing since Hindenberg-Hitler.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

She must be a good pick based on my philosophy that anything that pisses off fanatics of both sides of an issue must be a fair compromise. Nuts on both sides are calling this beyond the pale and projecting it to be the root cause of Trump's reelection.

Still surprised. Guess Biden's nurses are figuring that Orange Man Bad is sufficient to keep the base agitated and voting.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HelpingHand wrote: She must be a good pick based on my philosophy that anything that pisses off fanatics of both sides of an issue must be a fair compromise. Nuts on both sides are calling this beyond the pale and projecting it to be the root cause of Trump's reelection.

Still surprised. Guess Biden's nurses are figuring that Orange Man Bad is sufficient to keep the base agitated and voting.
It ain't sufficient - there are a few things (UBI, Medicare expansion, etc.) any one of which will sink Dopey Joe if done at the right time (i.e without sufficien time for the Dems to counter). TDS is strong with them, but they still don't care if it's Trumpo or Dopey Joe. As long as the Kleptocracy stays in control.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote: Driftless = not funny sarcasm.
I thought that it was pretty good.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HelpingHand wrote: She must be a good pick based on my philosophy that anything that pisses off fanatics of both sides of an issue must be a fair compromise. Nuts on both sides are calling this beyond the pale and projecting it to be the root cause of Trump's reelection.

Kamala dropped out of the primaries after her polling sunk to 2%, and her campaign simultaneously ran out of money and fell apart at the seams over internal acrimony. She viciously ambushed Biden in a debate, only to have her legs blown off by Tulsi's Tellermine. But most of all, Kamala is one of the nastiest,vilest excuses for a human on the planet. People sense that.

Also, while Kamala is mocha-skinned, she's not African-American. Capital 'B' Blacks don't accept her as one of their own. A chocolate-easter-bunny-dark woman like Val Demings or Stacey M1 Abrams might have motivated black voters, but not this Jamaican/Punjab, quebec-montessori-attending, Eikk-marrying, blunt-smoker-busting fraud.

Susan Rice is corrupt and ruthless, but aside from the Benghazi B.S., which doesn't register on most voters' radar, she was a non-entity. Biden is nominally ahead in the polls right now by remaining a non-entity and forcing Trump to run against Trump. Now Trump can run against a nasty bitch who cackles are her own obtuse jokes. It's the next best thing to having Hillary back.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yep - I know that Trumpo's team will be loving this - laughing about putting people inside for weed, then laughing about using it; fixing evidence to get people put inside/stay inside. There will be an endless stream of shit flung at her, and you can expect the Tulsi clip to be shown forever.

This is enough to make you want Dopey Joe kept alive if the Dems win. Though she'll be running the show anyway.

Ugh!!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kamala Harris? The one who persuaded Kim Foxx to drop all charges against foreign dissident Juisie Smollyay? Well then, Biden probably has this tied up in a pretty little noose. Gay French black actor Juisie Smollyay shouting his support from the bleachers.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sounds like everyone has decided on who they are going to vote for.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Thought it was Lindy West for a moment:

I’m a gay man — and happily married to a woman
Amanda and Skyler went viral on Twitter for being outspoken about their mixed-orientation marriage
wrongholehoney.jpg
(71.43 KiB) Downloaded 819 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

It also suggests that the VP pick was made two weeks ago when Politico released it then. Guess they decided there wasn't enough blow back then that it was safe to make it official.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I guess you Yanks will be having a President Harris in office before 2024 then (I doubt Biden will last four years). Wonder who she'll pick as VP? Most Canadians will swoon with approval when she takes the reins.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

They aren’t even attempting to throw smoke.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That meme from 4 days ago was prophetic...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sometimes the 1% comes in.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Obligatory Tim Pool

(Muscato gets a mention)

((my comment is misleading))

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:40 am
Service Dog wrote:
Enough of your goofy diversion tactics. Did you even watch Dr. Drew's interview with Dr. Vladamir Zelenko?
I watched it, he basically whined about the medical community not taking anecdotal evidence (presumably his) seriously enough.
Apparently he submitted a study on July 3 on his hydroxy claims for peer review so there is and should be more feedback on whether his claims may have some merit. https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202007.0025/v1
An example of one of the comments about his study:
Received: 23 July 2020
Commenter: Ken Madden, M.D., Ph.D.
The commenter has declared there is no conflict of interests.
Comment: Unfortunately, the lack of information on the comparison population greatly weakens any statements regarding efficacy of the proposed treatment. There are many potential reasons for differences in hospitalizations and mortality between treated patients and an unmatched retrospective comparison group. The treated patients all evidently presented to a Family Physician office. If other patients in the community were presenting to Emergency Rooms or Urgent Care, one would naturally expect sicker patients and a higher percentage of admissions. Others have pointed out the potential higher ages within the comparison group, which would certainly slant that group toward worse outcomes. Other differences in risk factors between groups could do this as well.

Such criticisms do not diminish the possibility of benefit of the proposed treatment, which this report argues is a relatively safe one. However, it should not be considered substantial evidence of such.
It would be great if the hydroxy cocktail actually worked, I'm all for useful treatments for covid. So far the claims of success including Zelenko's claim seem to all include a caveat that they don't work on people with serious, advanced symptoms but work great on people that aren't that sick. If the ones that don't show a positive result are erased from the study as being too far advanced in their illness for the treatment to work that is cherry picking results and is dishonest methodology.
There is no way to tell whether those people would have got better without the treatment unless you conduct large scale tests using rigorous methodology. Further, you would need to test to see whether zinc alone, zepac alone or zinc and zepac together worked as well or better than with hydroxy. If I remember correctly, and that may be as unreliable or worse than the average anecdote, one preliminary small study had the cocktail with poorer outcomes, than no treatment, and zinc alone as slightly better than no treatment.
As for my "goofy diversion tactics". If someone is frequently wrong, has a history of dishonesty, or is an attention whore that runs sensationalist pseudo therapeutic reality show like "Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew" or "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" I consider it as a red flag for their reliability and a good reason to question their claims.
Here are a couple of studies from back in the day before HCQ & Zinc et. al. was deamonized (sic) as "dangerous" & "uproven" & "unsafe" (add whatever big pharma denigration you care to for great justice)

From 2005 Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

From 2010 Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity In Vitro and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture

So when some tried using it (with zinc) early on patients suffering from the Wuhan Flu (or COVID 19 if you are a ignorant idjit) they reported good results.

Cue in much weeping wailing & knashing (sic) of teeth and a slew of studies showing that toxic dosages when the patient was already in critical condition was inefefctive and viola!

A cheap drug was in reality the spawn of satan! Take this expensive drug (only $3,000 or so per dose) and STFU and we have this [bogus] study in the Lancet (now retracted because they made up shit out of thin air when they did not pull it out of xir ass) to prove that getting any where close to the spawn of satan meant your gonna die a horrific death.

Personally, I blame Trump Derangement Syndrome.

YMMV

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: https...://twitter.com/sydneylwatson/status/1293349799039832064?s=21
Sometimes the 1% comes in.
Sometime ... with monotonous regularity. Ask Nate Silver.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Let us see what tomorrow will bring.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Thanks for that. :cdc: :twatson:

I waited for the troll punchline which never came.

This’ll fix it.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Maybe you'll find this amusing: Been grocery shopping lately?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

It's hard for me to conceive of a more stark "this way lies bullshit" warning than the author being "Leadership Chair in Cultures and Ecosystems at Risk at the University of British Columbia". However, I'll give him some credit for amusingly looking like a younger version of Skipper from Gilligan's Island.
https://i2.wp.com/www.fr24news.com/a2/w ... C349&ssl=1

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

oh google news
googlenewsworsethannomask.jpg
(34.18 KiB) Downloaded 791 times

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

David Silverman witch of the week again for saying he's considering voting for Trump:

https://archive.is/3djhS

He also made Tim Pool :)

John D

Post by John D »

Driftless wrote:
Maybe you'll find this amusing: Been grocery shopping lately?

I go shopping about twice a week - I wear a mask - and so does almost everyone else. Of course, I live in Michigan where our governor is a giant Karen and has convinced everyone we will die any minute. I don't understand why you think this is funny.... but we must just have a different sense of humor.

Now.... this is funny...

free thoughtpolice

Trump going to drop Pence as VP to get a like minded woman as VP candidate:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I make groceries and do other errands about every other week now, instead of weekly in the past. I do not wear a mask. Up to a quarter of other shoppers do not, depending on the time of day -- early risers tend to be more defiant. At the feed store and gun shops, almost no customers wear them. No clerk, cashier, or teller has given me the slightest grief. A few other customers have shot angry or shocked stares at me. One soy boy whined out loud to his GF, "I don't like that". An ordinance to fine mask scofflaws $500 was just yesterday narrowly defeated by our County Board of Supervisors (3-2 in favor, but 4 ayes were required.) The two local police dept's had already announced they would "educate" about, but not enforce, mask-wearing.

It's easy to point to videos of anti-maskers going apeshit, as those anecdotes are of course highlighted by the left-leaning MSM and the conformity zealots on the internet. My personal, anecdotal experience finds all the trouble-making and confrontation has come from the mask nazis.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Thanks for that. :cdc: :twatson:

I waited for the troll punchline which never came.

This’ll fix it.

Harris said she believes Biden made some women uncomfortable and she believes they were uncomfortable. Kellyanne Conway is still working with Trump and she has said worse about him and they have ben working together the last 4 years.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: The American dream
Lost me, right at the first sentence:
"Never in our lives have we experienced such a global phenomenon. For the first time in the history of the world, all of humanity, informed by the unprecedented reach of digital technology, has come together, focused on the same existential threat, consumed by the same fears and uncertainties, eagerly anticipating the same, as yet unrealized, promises of medical science."
Oh yeah? What about the inevitability of death itself? The ubiquity of stupidity? Those seem pretty global to me.

The author rang the same alarm-bell, when he talked about climate change in 2012:
“There is no serious scientist alive who questions the severity and implications of this climate crisis".
So is he saying this pandemic dwarfs climate change in scale? Or is he just spewing nonsense?

Answer: he's super-serious.
"The COVID pandemic will be remembered as such a moment in history, a seminal event whose significance will unfold only in the wake of the crisis. It will mark this era much as the 1914 assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, the stock market crash of 1929, and the 1933 ascent of Adolf Hitler became fundamental benchmarks of the last century"
Oh, but wait. In 2002, writing about 9/11, he said...
In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, I was asked at a lecture in Los Angeles to name the seminal event of the 20th century. Without hesitation I suggested the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand in 1914. Two bullets sparked a war that destroyed all faith in progress and optimism, the hallmarks of the Victorian age, and left in its wake the nihilism and alienation of a century that birthed Hitler, Mao, Stalin and another devastating global conflict that did not fully end until the collapse of the Soviet empire in 1989."

The question then turned to 9/11, and it struck me that 100 years from now that fateful date may well loom as the defining moment of this new century, the day when two worlds, long kept apart by geography and circumstance, came together in violent conflict.
:rimshot:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kellyanne Conway is still working with Trump and she has said worse about him and they have ben working together the last 4 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7sa7EeUGc
Wow. Kellyanne Conway said those things "about Trump", eh?

Nope.

Your ad misrepresents Kellyanne's comments about Biden, as-if she were referring to Trump.

The Independent.co.uk:
The two-minute clip uses comments made by Kellyanne Conway against Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 11521.html

John D

Post by John D »

Once again.... and it is proven almost ever day..... ftp = commie baboon.

John D

Post by John D »

I confess though.... ftp.... listening to Trump pronounce yoh-semite is really funny. It is like he a performing a rap song for Jewish people.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Kellyanne Conway is still working with Trump and she has said worse about him and they have ben working together the last 4 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7sa7EeUGc
Wow. Kellyanne Conway said those things "about Trump", eh?

Nope.

Your ad misrepresents Kellyanne's comments about Biden, as-if she were referring to Trump.

The Independent.co.uk:
The two-minute clip uses comments made by Kellyanne Conway against Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 11521.html
You're right. I thought she said it while she was still working for Cruz and was still being honest about Trump.
https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-tru ... ews-pundit

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Service Dog wrote: I had an unsettling experience, a few days ago. My brother & I rarely speak to each other. We talked on the phone. Conversation shifted to facemasks. He has a PhD in archeology & is fine with his university's mask rules... masks all the time everywhere on campus... even outdoors... even if no one is within 50 feet. His university is in a high-altitude dry desert, hot year-round, with plenty of space. Even on his archeology digs-- students will social distance and wear masks at all times. Seems excessive to me.

Over the years-- he has been kicked-hard by the university bureaucrats-- but he completely trusts their wisdom in this policy. Is hostile to my skepticism..

Then we talked-about his son's kindergarten's rules.

I said children aren't at much risk. He said I should look up the 85 infants "on respirators" in Nueces County, Texas.

I already knew about that-- it's fake news.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=553&p=497317&hilit=nueces#p497317

He became exasperated with me. More-so for being right, than if I had been wrong. We probably won't talk again for quite a while.

Conflicts like this gnaw at me-- but I shake-it-off more easily than he does. He's more prone to high-bloodpressure anger & grudges. I think back to a formative time when I walked away from our parents' bullshit-- was free but outcast. He compromised & salvaged their relationship-- but at a cost to his mental autonomy. I'm cooler & more distant-- he takes things personally, gets tangled-up.

I hate that we live in a time of psyops-- designed to exploit & heighten the differences between people-like-him & people-like-me. Divide us, to amass power & control.
Kids aren't a much risk of dying, but they can easily be carriers. And the people that take care of them tend to be older. Sometimes a lot older.

And FWIW, the 13-year-old that lived near me, now dead of Covid-19, isn't any less dead for having been a rare exception.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BoxNDox wrote: Kids aren't a much risk of dying, but they can easily be carriers. And the people that take care of them tend to be older. Sometimes a lot older.
That's been true forever for an host of infectious diseases, including the seasonal flu. So why shut down schools for a virus with a 0.15 IFR when we never did for ones with 0.10 IFRs?

And FWIW, the 13-year-old that lived near me, now dead of Covid-19, isn't any less dead for having been a rare exception.
The kids who drown with some regularity in the river down the hill from me aren't any less dead for having been bad swimmers.

We should probably ban swimming, I guess.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BoxNDox wrote: And FWIW, the 13-year-old that lived near me, now dead of Covid-19, isn't any less dead for having been a rare exception.
Are you referring to the girl, youngest Covid death in Oklahoma, who was also 3-years-into a systemic case of the incurable auto-immune disorder Scleroderma?
https://www.koco.com/article/family-rem ... g/33302589

"Systemic scleroderma can involve the skin, esophagus, gastrointestinal tract (stomach and bowels), lungs, kidneys, heart and other internal organs. It can also affect blood vessels, muscles and joints. The tissues of involved organs become hard and fibrous, causing them to function less efficiently." "SSc carries a survival rate of only 55% at 10 years postdiagnosis—the highest risk of fatality among connective tissue diseases."

That girl "never had a cough or fever", according to her mother:
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/it-happ ... s-1.637822

The family says they wore masks, observed social distancing, stayed home, avoided crowds.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

BoxNDox wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 am
Kids aren't a much risk of dying, but they can easily be carriers. And the people that take care of them tend to be older. Sometimes a lot older.
The standard narrative smugly held right now by people who think they're being science-y is that it recently came to light that asymptomatic carriers can be infectious, hence children and the mask-less are huge disease vectors. Problem 1 with this is that it's not a new discovery; asymptomatic transmission is known to occur with most flu viruses. Problem 2 is the mental model they construct around it, where asymptomatic or very mildly symptomatic carriers are basically fountains of virus-laden respiratory droplets and aerosol clouds.

In truth, these carriers emit very little virus and the great majority of transmission instances occur when a healthy person spends several minutes a short distance from or in an enclosed space with a fully symptomatic carrier. Hence you get highly counter-narrative scientific results like in this new paper, studying 23 family clusters in Greece. 60% of individuals per cluster contracted COVID-19 and while there was documented adult to adult and adult to child transmission, there wasn't a single case of child to child or child to adult transmission. This was because children tended to be asymptomatic or have a much lower viral load than adults (0 children developed serious illness, while 9% of adults did).

Or the results from Sweden, which kept their schools open throughout the pandemic. 0.05% of school children acquired COVID-19, with 0 deaths, and no increased risk for teachers over other professions.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Well for some reason I wonder in this environment if this bombshell article from Matt Taibbi will actually have any affect.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-spies ... XUku1JHT2E

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Thuh 'Merican Dweem, bebah

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
It's hard for me to conceive of a more stark "this way lies bullshit" warning than the author being "Leadership Chair in Cultures and Ecosystems at Risk at the University of British Columbia". However, I'll give him some credit for amusingly looking like a younger version of Skipper from Gilligan's Island.
https://i2.wp.com/www.fr24news.com/a2/w ... C349&ssl=1
Hmmmm. I seem to recall someone being upset that people could discount an argument from a person because of labels and preconceptions.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote: Hmmmm. I seem to recall someone being upset that people could discount an argument from a person because of labels and preconceptions.
Smoookin'YeeeahBabbyBooyashaka.jpg
(21.39 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
:bjarte:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Hmmmm. I seem to recall someone being upset that people could discount an argument from a person because of labels and preconceptions.
Smoookin'YeeeahBabbyBooyashaka.jpg

:bjarte:
Skux life, bro. Skux life.