You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: So he used his big reality star status to try to silence/deplatform/ big tech censor someone that pointed out his mistakes.
You woulda had a good point-- if you'd simply pointed-out that Dr Drew's nonsense copyright-claim against the Dr Droops video was incredibly similar to Akilah Hughes' nonsense copyright-claim against Sargon's video.

But you mucked-up your argument by claiming Drew "used his big reality star status" to do so. How so? Didn't Drew just hit the DMCA complaint button on YouTube, like anyone could?

I also enjoy the disconnect between you advocating -for- censorship of wrong-opinions about Covid/ but -against- Dr Drew trying to get his own wrong opinions censored.
After legal action he apologized and endorsed Fauci.
You got that wrong, too. In his apology video-- Dr Drew indeed endorsed Fauci. But that wasn't new. All of Drew's previous covid predictions-- excerpted in the Dr Droops video-- were accompanied by Drew's caveat that viewers should look to Dr Fauci for the best information. Dr Drew said Fauci is his "north star" on these matters.

You cite wikipedia-- quoting Dr. Drew's "press-induced panic" comment. Here's the actual clip. Keep listening past those 3 words & hear what Drew says about Fauci:
https://youtu.be/HKpuq0wkF8g?t=58
These days I am having trouble believing anything reality show hosts say. Call me cynical.
Hang on a sec. How is your cynical disbelief any-different than Dr Drew's cynicism about the 'press induced panic'? Some of the snippets in your Dr Droops video-- which appear to show Dr Drew scoffing at the seriousness of the virus-- are clips of him reacting to Joy Behar on The View preaching maximum doom & gloom about Covid. Drew said people should not take their cues from Joy Behar, but from Dr Fauci.

Enough of your goofy diversion tactics. Did you even watch Dr. Drew's interview with Dr. Vladamir Zelenko?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Buck Angel rides the Sybian mega-vibrator on Howard Stern:

https://txxx.com/videos/15233985/buck-a ... romo=10376

Buck Angel does not ride the Social Justice bandwagon:

John D

Post by John D »

KiwiInOz wrote: Can anyone give me the tl;dr version of why service dog and ftp are fighting again? Are they going to divorce?
ftp is a commie baboon and Service Dog is calling zir out on zir's fuck-headedness.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote: Can anyone give me the tl;dr version of why service dog and ftp are fighting again? Are they going to divorce?
They're just preparing the ground for some stunning make-up sex.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

I haven't been on here in a while, i think most of is agree that it has been years since the baboons have been relevant enough to be worth trolling. Every once in a while though, one of the old targets of mockery from the pit will blunder thrir way into another 15 mins of infamy.

Today is ome of those days. Everyone's favorite grifter "Danielle" Muscato has stepped on her dick on twitter, and the reaction has been glorious. S/h/it is being absolutely destroted on right wing, left wing, and even libertarian twitter. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
[tweet]

[/tweet]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Did a vehicle come from somewhere out there just to land in the Andes?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Writing a novel containing a racist character is now itself racist:

Matt Lieberman faces calls to drop out of Georgia Senate race over 'racist and discriminatory' tropes in 2018 book
[T]he book, which centers around a main character named Benno who has delusions about owning a slave and believes that Black people have mystical connections to animals and plants.

Benno, an older white man from the South, frequently uses a racial slur [nigger] in the novel and describes some KKK members as “basically good people.”

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
Enough of your goofy diversion tactics. Did you even watch Dr. Drew's interview with Dr. Vladamir Zelenko?
I watched it, he basically whined about the medical community not taking anecdotal evidence (presumably his) seriously enough.
Apparently he submitted a study on July 3 on his hydroxy claims for peer review so there is and should be more feedback on whether his claims may have some merit. https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202007.0025/v1
An example of one of the comments about his study:
Received: 23 July 2020
Commenter: Ken Madden, M.D., Ph.D.
The commenter has declared there is no conflict of interests.
Comment: Unfortunately, the lack of information on the comparison population greatly weakens any statements regarding efficacy of the proposed treatment. There are many potential reasons for differences in hospitalizations and mortality between treated patients and an unmatched retrospective comparison group. The treated patients all evidently presented to a Family Physician office. If other patients in the community were presenting to Emergency Rooms or Urgent Care, one would naturally expect sicker patients and a higher percentage of admissions. Others have pointed out the potential higher ages within the comparison group, which would certainly slant that group toward worse outcomes. Other differences in risk factors between groups could do this as well.

Such criticisms do not diminish the possibility of benefit of the proposed treatment, which this report argues is a relatively safe one. However, it should not be considered substantial evidence of such.
It would be great if the hydroxy cocktail actually worked, I'm all for useful treatments for covid. So far the claims of success including Zelenko's claim seem to all include a caveat that they don't work on people with serious, advanced symptoms but work great on people that aren't that sick. If the ones that don't show a positive result are erased from the study as being too far advanced in their illness for the treatment to work that is cherry picking results and is dishonest methodology.
There is no way to tell whether those people would have got better without the treatment unless you conduct large scale tests using rigorous methodology. Further, you would need to test to see whether zinc alone, zepac alone or zinc and zepac together worked as well or better than with hydroxy. If I remember correctly, and that may be as unreliable or worse than the average anecdote, one preliminary small study had the cocktail with poorer outcomes, than no treatment, and zinc alone as slightly better than no treatment.
As for my "goofy diversion tactics". If someone is frequently wrong, has a history of dishonesty, or is an attention whore that runs sensationalist pseudo therapeutic reality show like "Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew" or "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew" I consider it as a red flag for their reliability and a good reason to question their claims.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

screwtape wrote:
We never were really that attached, but now that he has caught FTPDS (free thoughtpolice derangement syndrome) I wouldn't fuck him with John D's* dick even if he had one.
*hope I'm not doxing but the D stands for Dickless.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Skeptics ought to be enthusiastically embracing critical theory, and even post-modernism, because it does all the stuff skeptics claim to appreciate. Read that last paragraph again. Only a Status Quo Warrior would think that is undesirable. But instead they’ve only embraced the fringe abuses of theory, and have happily adopted only the practice of the worst writers to string gibberish into bad essays and books.
- PZ Myers, lol

https://archive.is/wz9HD

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

How Dave Muskrat imagines himself in a fight:

How Dave Muskrat would actually fare:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

justinvacula wrote:
Skeptics ought to be enthusiastically embracing critical theory, and even post-modernism, because it does all the stuff skeptics claim to appreciate. Read that last paragraph again. Only a Status Quo Warrior would think that is undesirable. But instead they’ve only embraced the fringe abuses of theory, and have happily adopted only the practice of the worst writers to string gibberish into bad essays and books.
- PZ Myers, lol

Wait. I think I still have the postmodern FTB generator bookmarked.

Yep!

http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-gi ... index.html

Still as good as I remember it. Courtesy of Parody Accountant.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

justinvacula wrote:
- PZ Myers, lol

He doesn't seem to realise that the word "critical" is being used with at least two completely incompatible meanings.

Traditional "critical thinking" consists in trying to prevent your own desires and prejudices from influencing your conclusions. What he says Foucault calls "critique" is all about resisting the ideas of ideological enemies.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I saw the name Muscato and thought "Can it be..."

What an ass.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Looks like Dave did his good deed for the day:

He helped raise $14k+ for Kroger Andy!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/send-krogerandy-on-a-vaca

He currently gets $503/mo. from Patreon for doing nothing.

https://www.patreon.com/daniellemuscato

His numbers have been more or less stable for the past three years.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/daniellemuscato

I don't believe this bit of his Patreon pitch has changed since the beginning: "As many of my supporters are aware, I am currently housing-insecure. I'm staying with a friend on an airbed for now, but reaching $1000/mo on Patreon for my activism work will allow me to establish a more-permanent address."

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

‘Danielle’ Becomes The New ‘Karen’ After Kroger Store Incident

https://www.ibtimes.com/danielle-become ... nt-3025036

LOL

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Atheist Republic is on it! Armin has been doing great criticizing as he called it 'the woke cult.'

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Seems Ed Brayton is not physically well these days:

https://web.archive.org/save/https://fr ... /#comments

Giving credit where credit's due, Brayton was one of the first to peg PZ as an asshole. The atheist-sphere would have done well to listen to him back in the day:
https://www.michaelnugent.com/2015/01/2 ... -pz-myers/
Unfortunately, you can also find several examples of PZ Myers flat out lying about what I’ve said and done, which is hardly a surprise given his past behavior toward me.

To PZ, who is crazed in his obsession to insult and demean me with his lies, reality takes a bizarre turn when entering his mind.

No Gretchen, [PZ] is not just assuming that I disbelieve Dawkins’ retraction, he’s lying – again – when he says that I haven’t accepted it. In this comment I explicitly say that I do…

PZ, you really are just about the biggest asshole I have ever known… You’re a liar, PZ, and a first class, double-barrelled, fully automatic asshole.

Again, for any sane, rational person that would be the end of it. Which explains quite well why you won’t let it end now, PZ.

Nor am I at all alone in this judgment, I might add. PZ is often treated the way Manny Ramirez is treated by Boston Red Sox fans, who often can be heard saying “that’s just Manny being Manny.”

When he goes off on a completely unjustified attack on me like that… as he has several times in the past, I get numerous private emails from our mutual colleagues that say, in essence, “Look, we all know PZ is a jerk, he’s always been a jerk, but that’s just the way he is. You can’t let him provoke you like that.” Well, to be honest, I’m just not built that way.

You don’t have a clue about PZ’s “M.O.”. His MO is to start the personal attacks and then pretend to be above it all when they’re returned and he clams up. This isn’t the first time it’s happened and I doubt it will be the last. I’ve had this behavior aimed at me multiple times and I’m simply not going to play the passive victim.

As for the alleged childishness of “third party insults”, it had nothing to do with insults at all. It simply has to do with the fact – yes, it’s a fact – that PZ has a long history of this behavior that far too many people have just rolled their eyes at and excused it away because “oh that’s just the way he is”. Well screw that. The way he is isn’t acceptable to me, and when he aims that behavior at me he’s gonna get it blown right back at him.

PZ, on the other hand, seems to think that if it makes the other side look bad, then facts be damned, start firing; he seems completely unaware of the fact that doing so undermines our credibility when we do, as we usually do, have the evidence on our side

“Brayton loathes atheists, and would like to see them silenced.” Yeah, that’s perhaps the most ridiculous lie of all. I have written volumes on this blog defending atheists against the accusations of (mostly fundamentalist) Christians, and even more volumes defending free speech for absolutely everyone. The notion that I, of all people, wants to see atheists silenced is too ridiculous for words.

It should be clear right now that PZ has reached the point of being absolutely crazed in his antipathy to me and he has thrown all reason to the wind. This is what those with an extremist mentality do, they identify their enemies and seek to demean them and destroy them, not caring whether their attacks are rational and justified or not. Ironically, that’s the same behavior he no doubt finds appalling when done by the Jerry Falwell crowd.
I always wondered why in hell someone would bed down with another person so objectionable. I guess somehow they reconciled enough to do business with one another, which I guess is not uncommon, but shit, life is too short to spend it consorting with obnoxious people.

But anyway, fare well Ed Brayton. Best wishes. It's not unheard of to go into hospice and then come out of it and return to the land of the living.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

justinvacula wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:34 am
- PZ Myers, lol

That’s what gets me. These bozos are dead set on the idea that critical theory is evil, but over and over again they reveal that they haven’t actually read anything in the field, and don’t even have a grasp of critical theory 101
Peeze Pudding channels Terry Eagleton. You unsophisticated atheists just don't understand Christianity. Nobody literally believes..... Evergreen never happened.

In PZ's world there are a few good men and then bozos.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Newsweek goes for a feelgood happy-ending angle, doesn't mention that Danielle is the extra-special kind of woman:
https://www.newsweek.com/woman-raises-1 ... ks-1523842

I see other sources referring to Muscato as a 'trans activist'. So unfair! Just because she's trans, they define her activism by her gender!

Every article should say "Danielle Muscato, a BLACK LIVES MATTER activist..."

The incident took place in Louisville... which is where BLM issued a list of mafia-demands to local (cuban immigrant) businesses, saying "better put the letter on the door so your business is not f*cked with."
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/blm ... rotection/

Their demands:
-Adequately represent the Black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% Black staff;

-Purchase a minimum of 23% inventory from Black retailers or make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to a local Black nonprofit or organization;

-Require diversity and inclusion training for all staff members on a bi-annual basis;

-And display a visible sign that increases awareness and shows support for the reparations movement.

Louisville BLM said they would rate compliance, using "social justice health and wellness ratings" from A-for-Ally to F-for-fail.

A+
https://pics.me.me/black-lives-matter-d ... 078537.png

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
screwtape wrote:
We never were really that attached, but now that he has caught FTPDS (free thoughtpolice derangement syndrome) I wouldn't fuck him with John D's* dick even if he had one.
*hope I'm not doxing but the D stands for Dickless.
Personal bias... of course. I am not naturally gay... but if Service Dog was interested... he might be my first gay relationship. I think we would have to date first.... and then try some spooning or something. This would be a big change for me so I doubt it will ever happen. Still.... well... just being honest.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Only if we do it in that cool black van.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote: The incident took place in Louisville... which is where BLM issued a list of mafia-demands to local (cuban immigrant) businesses, saying "better put the letter on the door so your business is not f*cked with."
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/blm ... rotection/
When I moved to Miami in 2000, a piece of advice I heard from my real estate agent and a couple of locals about living in Miami was "don't fuck with the Cubans". So I doubt this would go as BLM planned.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

justinvacula wrote:
- PZ Myers, lol

What any half intelligent skeptic would quickly notice about critical theory is that it misappropriates the concept of Theory from science while expecting it to have the same cachet. Of course, in science, a Theory is an inside-the-box explanation of a broad set of empirical observations which doesn't necessarily have direct empirical evidence, but consistently makes accurate predictions and thus is subject to falsification. In critical theory, it's transmuted to "an explanation that doesn't require empirical evidence".

A skeptic would also quickly notice the 'critical' in critical theory means "criticism under a Marxist framework assumed as axiomatic".

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote: Only if we do it in that cool black van.
Whatever you guys do, I think I should get shadchanus gelt.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I remember that Dispatches From the Culture Wars was the first blog I ever read when I got the original Kindle in 2007. I used to read it, and a few others on the 545 bus from Seattle to Redmond each evening. It used to be really good, and introduced me to the progressive movements in the US. It might still be good, but I stopped reading it when Two Cows began ripping on the Pit, and when the hatred for Thunderf00t came to light on the FfTB leaks.

I suppose it really just shows that TC is human like the rest of us, but I have/had only so much time to allocate to stuff like that.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Personal bias... of course. I am not naturally gay... but if Service Dog was interested... he might be my first gay relationship. I think we would have to date first.... and then try some spooning or something. This would be a big change for me so I doubt it will ever happen. Still.... well... just being honest.
Take it to the back channel.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Hey folks -- did y'all see this:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08/sciencin ... ghlin-asu/

BethAnn McLaughlin has been in the news previously for #MeToo & tenure denial shenanigans.

:popcorn:

PS Haven't posted for a while. Glad to see the 'Pit is still active. What's been happening?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:
ftp is a commie baboon and Service Dog is calling zir out on zir's fuck-headedness.
I thought that we were all in favour of the proletariat toppling the bourgeoisie and destroying all ownership of property. Or was that last week?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

dogen wrote: Hey folks -- did y'all see this:

BethAnn McLaughlin has been in the news previously for #MeToo & tenure denial shenanigans.

PS Haven't posted for a while. Glad to see the 'Pit is still active. What's been happening?
The universe still trends its merry way to heat death and entropy rains on the parade.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Regarding old Dave M, I'm surprised the narrative hasn't been flipped by the tranish inquisition. Xir should be ringing the transphobe bat signal for dear life. Isn't that the doctrine?

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

She stated: “I apologize without reservation to all the people I hurt.”

If I was apologizing for being a fake Indian, I wouldn’t use the phrase “without reservation”.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If we still had 'em, ^^^^^ would be a BPE!!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote:

She stated: “I apologize without reservation to all the people I hurt.”

If I was apologizing for being a fake Indian, I wouldn’t use the phrase “without reservation”.
The important thing is she apologized. Now it's time to bury the hatchet.

Keating

Post by Keating »

She won't though. She'll run away leaving a trail of tears.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In other fake-indian news, it has been 84 weeks since Snopes said it was "Unproven" that Nathan Phillips claimed to have served in Vietnam as a "recon ranger" "in theater", only to be called a "baby killer" and be "spit on" when he returned home.

Snopes's fact-check still stands:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/natha ... m-veteran/

So does the video of Nathan Philips saying that shit:
https://www.businessinsider.com/native- ... deo-2019-1

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote: She won't though. She'll run away leaving a trail of tears.
No smoke um pipe of peace?
It's_the_arts_5.jpg
(95.15 KiB) Downloaded 1586 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I had an unsettling experience, a few days ago. My brother & I rarely speak to each other. We talked on the phone. Conversation shifted to facemasks. He has a PhD in archeology & is fine with his university's mask rules... masks all the time everywhere on campus... even outdoors... even if no one is within 50 feet. His university is in a high-altitude dry desert, hot year-round, with plenty of space. Even on his archeology digs-- students will social distance and wear masks at all times. Seems excessive to me.

Over the years-- he has been kicked-hard by the university bureaucrats-- but he completely trusts their wisdom in this policy. Is hostile to my skepticism..

Then we talked-about his son's kindergarten's rules.

I said children aren't at much risk. He said I should look up the 85 infants "on respirators" in Nueces County, Texas.

I already knew about that-- it's fake news.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=553&p=497317&hilit=nueces#p497317

He became exasperated with me. More-so for being right, than if I had been wrong. We probably won't talk again for quite a while.

Conflicts like this gnaw at me-- but I shake-it-off more easily than he does. He's more prone to high-bloodpressure anger & grudges. I think back to a formative time when I walked away from our parents' bullshit-- was free but outcast. He compromised & salvaged their relationship-- but at a cost to his mental autonomy. I'm cooler & more distant-- he takes things personally, gets tangled-up.

I hate that we live in a time of psyops-- designed to exploit & heighten the differences between people-like-him & people-like-me. Divide us, to amass power & control.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Doggo - check out Caitlin Johnstone: she has a pretty similar view to you, calling it the Narrative Matrix.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Five years ago I probably would have called that tinfoil-hat stuff, but I don't any more.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Ed Brayton decides to end his life, taking swipes on the way out:
My greatest hope is that after I’m gone the world continues to become more fair, just and equal. What else could we possibly hope for and work for? I urge you all to keep fighting the good fight for those core values. Who should you look to for leadership? I nominate Dale McGowan, the finest example of humanism I know, and Matt Dillahunty. They should be the public face and voice of this movement, not Dawkins or Krauss or Shermer.
Wow.

https://archive.is/sUVSL

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Five years ago I probably would have called that tinfoil-hat stuff, but I don't any more.
My definition of 'PsyOps' is loose. Includes Saul Alinsky tactics, for example.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

My nomination for the 2020 Darwin Awards is the U can't tell me what to do States of America.

Health Official: Taking this advice will likely help with your health and well being, and that of your loved ones, family and friends, neighbours, community, the people who provide you with essential goods and services, and your country.

US citizen: Fucking commie.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... ekTfpRTBfI

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

justinvacula wrote: Ed Brayton decides to end his life, taking swipes on the way out:
My greatest hope is that after I’m gone the world continues to become more fair, just and equal. What else could we possibly hope for and work for? I urge you all to keep fighting the good fight for those core values. Who should you look to for leadership? I nominate Dale McGowan, the finest example of humanism I know, and Matt Dillahunty. They should be the public face and voice of this movement, not Dawkins or Krauss or Shermer.
Wow.

I notice PZ didn’t get a mention.

Regardless. Where Ed leads PZ should follow ...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

justinvacula wrote: Ed Brayton decides to end his life, taking swipes on the way out:
Wow.

Who should you look to for leadership after I'm gone -- Did Ed see himself as a leader?

Caustic, mean-spirited, pompous blowhard who injected leftwing politics into secularism at every opportunity; will not be missed.

John D

Post by John D »

KiwiInOz wrote: My nomination for the 2020 Darwin Awards is the U can't tell me what to do States of America.

Medical expert advice over time...

1)Masks don't help.... masks might helps.... mask can't hurt... masks can hurt.... if you don't wear a mask outdoors your Gran will die.

2)Avoid each other outdoors... the outdoors is safe... the outdoors will kill your Gran... You will never catch Covid outdoors as long as you are at a protest

3)HCQ might work.... HCQ will kill you... HCQ studies are fake... Only HCQ studies that show no effectiveness regardless of how administered are real... HCQ works if administered early and in a low does with zinc... Any study showing HCQ can be effective should be ignored.

4) The CDC sets safety standards so high that no US schools can open. The American Pediatrics Association says schools should be opened even if they can't be perfectly safe. School administrators will not open any school if there is any risk at all.

and you are picking on Americans for saying fuck it? Come on MAN!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

TheQuartering on Muscato and KrogerAndy:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: My nomination for the 2020 Darwin Awards is the U can't tell me what to do States of America.

Medical expert advice over time...

1)Masks don't help.... masks might helps.... mask can't hurt... masks can hurt.... if you don't wear a mask outdoors your Gran will die.

2)Avoid each other outdoors... the outdoors is safe... the outdoors will kill your Gran... You will never catch Covid outdoors as long as you are at a protest

3)HCQ might work.... HCQ will kill you... HCQ studies are fake... Only HCQ studies that show no effectiveness regardless of how administered are real... HCQ works if administered early and in a low does with zinc... Any study showing HCQ can be effective should be ignored.

4) The CDC sets safety standards so high that no US schools can open. The American Pediatrics Association says schools should be opened even if they can't be perfectly safe. School administrators will not open any school if there is any risk at all.

and you are picking on Americans for saying fuck it? Come on MAN!
Just like those evolutionists keep changing their story.

It's almost like it takes time to understand a new virus -- how it transmits, what damage it dos etc. This is science in action. As new data comes in our understanding changes.

If you want eternal truths look to religion.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote:

It's almost like it takes time to understand a new virus -- how it transmits, what damage it dos etc. This is science in action. As new data comes in our understanding changes.

Heeeyyyyyy..... Waaiiit a minute... are you telling me there's new information constantly emerging-- supporting creationism just-as-often as evolution, but the political hacks and media only report the evolution stuff, and ban the creationists, because they want to keep Republicans out of office?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote: Just like those evolutionists keep changing their story.

So, let's see...

When WHO officials, including Canada's chief public health officer Theresa Tam, parrot Chinese guidance in the early stages of the pandemic and seem more concerned about policing language around the virus than anything else, is that science in action?

When Neil Ferguson puts together a highly suspect alarmist model which he shows great confidence in, prompting a mandatory lockdown, and then he breaks the lockdown he inspired to see his mistress, and then the model proves catastrophically wrong, is that science in action?

When public health officials advise against mask wearing, and then only change their tune once partisan politics emerges around mask wearing, and insist cloth masks are essential to reducing spread, while the clear balance of existing evidence shows they are useless or counterproductive, is that science in action?

When public health officials throw a fit over anti-lockdown protests and claim they are highly dangerous, but two weeks later say that pro-BLM protests actually serve the interest of public health, is that science in action?

The facts are, at every stage, public health officials have proven themselves to be filth during the pandemic. As to claims that they are our elites providing politically neutral expert guidance on saving lives in the pandemic, I say fuck them, and I'll do my own research and make my own decisions.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

It's almost as if we are dealing globally with an emerging issue of some complexity. That is, there are no simple answers or unchanging answers over time as more information comes in, and anyone who promises there are should be tarred, feathered, and run out of town. As with most complex systems, the complexity emerges from the interaction between incomplete information and human choice and behaviour.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

WHO is the mob that sought to poison the well for meat using this bullshit formulation.

https://tim-rees.com/why-is-the-world-h ... anti-meat/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The BBC.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[ShatnerCadence] With... Jordan Peterson... out of commission...

I... would! not!...

have expected...

the... most!... articulate... anti-woke Canadian...

to... be...

William.... Shatner. [/ShatnerCadence]

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/0 ... white-man/

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: 1)Masks don't help.... masks might helps.... mask can't hurt... masks can hurt.... if you don't wear a mask outdoors your Gran will die.
I have a rather spiffy "FUCK THE SNP" mask (tartan, obviously) and take an almost perverse pleasure in wearing it whilst out and about. My local area is infested with dirty SNP/commie/BLM/ANTIFA types (cockroaches, utter garbage people) and the evil glares it draws are like mana from heaven to me! It's not happened yet but I'm sure an ugly confrontation is bound to happen...hopefully.

I'm loving this covid gubbins - best laugh I've had in years!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: [ShatnerCadence] With... Jordan Peterson... out of commission...

I... would! not!...

have expected...

the... most!... articulate... anti-woke Canadian...

to... be...

William.... Shatner. [/ShatnerCadence]

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/0 ... white-man/
[Spock monotone] That is a 404 error, captain. [/Spock monotone]

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

jugheadnaut wrote:
When WHO officials, including Canada's chief public health officer Theresa Tam, parrot Chinese guidance in the early stages of the pandemic and seem more concerned about policing language around the virus than anything else, is that science in action?

When Neil Ferguson puts together a highly suspect alarmist model which he shows great confidence in, prompting a mandatory lockdown, and then he breaks the lockdown he inspired to see his mistress, and then the model proves catastrophically wrong, is that science in action?

When public health officials advise against mask wearing, and then only change their tune once partisan politics emerges around mask wearing, and insist cloth masks are essential to reducing spread, while the clear balance of existing evidence shows they are useless or counterproductive, is that science in action?

When public health officials throw a fit over anti-lockdown protests and claim they are highly dangerous, but two weeks later say that pro-BLM protests actually serve the interest of public health, is that science in action?

The facts are, at every stage, public health officials have proven themselves to be filth during the pandemic. As to claims that they are our elites providing politically neutral expert guidance on saving lives in the pandemic, I say fuck them, and I'll do my own research and make my own decisions.
People are idiots, and that includes many who have been appointed to advise us. But the coronavirus still kills and sickens, and we must do our best to navigate through it all. We can't just rely on our own opinions for matters like whether masks work or not. I think we see science playing out on a large screen in public, here. Conflicting studies, some biased, some influenced by preconception, and often subject to funding and political pressure. Ultimately a consensus will emerge that will survive and we'll wonder why there was ever any doubt about it. It's the story of all science these days, but mostly the public doesn't see it, and doesn't care about it. This time, they do, and so they should. We all know science is a moving target, not simple facts, but Pitters are a select few. When people ask "What does the science say?" you know they don't grasp that. I can't blame them, only the lame excuses for schools they went to.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:

The BBC.
Ah, Greenwich Palace. My father-in-law's last plum posting in the RN was as Captain in charge of the Royal Naval Staff College, and for two years he lived in luxury there, attended by RN stewards. We lived over the river in West Ham (cheap!) but would bicycle over with a long dress and a dinner jacket for mess dinners and the Greenwich Ball. Had a narrow escape from a ridiculous wedding in Greenwich Chapel with reception in the Painted Hall; we came to a more sensible and tolerable arrangement that saved a fortune.
Never met any doggers either.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Service Dog wrote:
Driftless wrote:

Heeeyyyyyy..... Waaiiit a minute... are you telling me there's new information constantly emerging-- supporting creationism just-as-often as evolution, but the political hacks and media only report the evolution stuff, and ban the creationists, because they want to keep Republicans out of office?
They hate creationists just as much as they hate Trump supporters! They are trying to force evolution on our children in school to turn them into atheists, just like they are forcing masks and vaccines on us to control us and track us! Wake up people!

I get frustrated but then I realize most of you probably are drinking fluoridated water.

Although with fewer commercial flights there are far fewer chemtrails around.

;)