Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by John D »

Yes .... leftists are fucking nuts.
leftests are nuts.jpg
(90.07 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: We all make models of how the world works. We use these models to make choices about how to move through "reality".
Currently, most folks' model is: if a stranger breathes on you, they'll kill you, so any means are justified to take them out first.

Great interview with Dr. Sunetra Gupta, epidemiologist at Oxford:

https://reaction.life/we-may-already-ha ... tra-gupta/

Inter alia, she expresses concern about the ridiculous talk of "annihilating" the virus. And our psycho governor recently did vow to "crush it, annihilate it".

It all stems from TDS.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:
Keating wrote: After fasting all day, I just ate a steak with broccoli and hot chocolate for dessert. I'm a radical centrist.
I fasted yesterday. I think I ate about 400 calories. Last night, my sleep was very affected. I was really cold all night, but I was sweating. I added an extra blanket and had a sleep that was full of very strange nightmares. It was actually kind of interesting and I don't feel tired today. I actually feel pretty energized. I haven't decided what to eat yet. I am just having a coffee right now. I have no steak in the house, but I do have some very good left-over roasted chicken.
Another day working from home (since April) ...

Lunch at 3:00pm
Dinner at 7:00

In total - two sirloin steaks cooked in butter.
Two fried eggs.
Cheese and walnuts.
Water and black coffee.

Fast walked 9km, 70 push-ups.

Meh. Life is bubble now.

John, luckily it’s unlikely your body will self destruct after a day. I’m assuming, like most of us, you have some BYO energy around the middle?

It was probably just kangaroo jumping as it tried to change gears from carbs to fat.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

*bang*

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab. When I politely raised the possibility that it may have originated in the countryside from natural means, which by the way is now the consensus of the virologists that actually have been researching corona virus
Whether the true patient zero for SARS-COV-2 was a lab worker or it was a completely natural zoonotic transmission is still very much an open question.... I would agree, however, that the early high confidence in the lab scenario was misplaced.
Of course, no one here ever said the virus definitely came from a lab. But what do you expect from a mendacious sophist cunt.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote: *bang*
Fascinating seeing an explosion where the shock wave is so visually apparent, I assume because the site of the explosion was close to water and water vapour was carried by the wave.

In this video, from farther away, it looks like a small nuclear bomb.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying it was a certainty that covid escaped from the Wuhan lab. When I politely raised the possibility that it may have originated in the countryside from natural means, which by the way is now the consensus of the virologists that actually have been researching corona virus
Whether the true patient zero for SARS-COV-2 was a lab worker or it was a completely natural zoonotic transmission is still very much an open question.... I would agree, however, that the early high confidence in the lab scenario was misplaced.
Of course, no one here ever said the virus definitely came from a lab. But what do you expect from a mendacious sophist cunt.
Yes, I wasn't meaning to call anyone here out. I was also promoting the possibility of lab escape back in February. Consistent with his M.O., FTP interpreted the dispute uncharitably.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote: Yes, I wasn't meaning to call anyone here out.
Oh, I know you weren't. :P

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wuhan virus pandemic will be over in two - three weeks in US:

https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020/7/2 ... wIxuUuwrXI

Why? Death curve has already peaked.

Not sure how the Democrats stretch this out to November, especially as the shit is about to hit the fan with remote learning instead of classrooms, which leaves parents with jobs completely fucked.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Fascinating seeing an explosion where the shock wave is so visually apparent, I assume because the site of the explosion was close to water and water vapour was carried by the wave.

In this video, from farther away, it looks like a small nuclear bomb.
Looks like 2x shock waves - one almost instantaneous?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

If you want to hear a really clever scientist who can actually communicate, talking on insulin resistance, then Dr Ben Bikman PhD is the man. He’s speaking on this podcast.

Who knows. It may save your life.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/p ... aac2b15500

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
If I saw something like that the first thing I would think is "nuclear", which may just mean I know nothing about explosives.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Sometimes I seriously think the only hope for the middle east is if aliens land and sort things out. Where are Klaatu and Gort when you need them?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

All that red smoke from NO₂ is pretty, but quite deadly at the kind of concentrations where you can see the colour. Hope it blew out to sea as they have quite enough problems without that too.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The white smoke means they've decided. The black smoke less so. What does the red indicate?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: If I saw something like that the first thing I would think is "nuclear", which may just mean I know nothing about explosives.
With an actual nuke-- I think there's a blinding flash of light, and then you have a fraction of a second before the hot hot hot thermal pulse & shockwave follow.

Maybe just enough time to dive for cover, tho most people would pause & be hit by both.

On a clear day-- the flash will sunburn you black in straight lines from the blast, anything in shadow will be spared. But, I think, on a foggy or hazy day (when you wouldn't see shadows from the sun) the flash will be diffused & will scatter 'around corners', seeming to come from all directions.

Also-- I think a nuke's EMP would fry video cameras and cell phones.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I’m late to the party— watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix— after Shatterface, HunnyBunny, dogen, comhcinc, Suhlman, shoutinghorse, CommanderTuvok, MarcusAu &Tigzy— all mentioned the show on the Pyt, going back to 2015.

Finished Season 1, episode 8/8, last night.

I find all the craven lower-royalty to be relevant to today’s politics. The unfit sons of Cuomo, decrepit Biden & Hunter, Trudeau fils, waddling Jerry Nadler, the halfwit Mayor diBlasio, the clergy Fauci & Birx & Niall Fergusson. Possible heroes working in the margins— Joe Rogan, Zuby. Preening governors Whitmer, Skeletor Pelosi’s nephew Gavin Newsom. Blood-thirsty fanatic Ocasio. Warmonger Bolton. Star-chamber Schiff.

This morning I’m also listening to Mencius Moldbug, interviewed by Free Man Beyond The Wall Mance Rayder.

Moldbug argues that hereditary monarchy is libertarian, because such governments are actually quite small. Also, there’s incentive for such monarchs to plan ahead for their grandchildren, or 500 years in the future.

https://freemanbeyondthewall.com/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I read (or at least listened to) one of the books (Bernard Cornwell) - so can't speak to the series directly.

But I would not have thought that hereditary monarchy was libertarian. Or indeed if in the context of the times that it was entirely hereditary - something about 'Athelings' (or royal candidates) comes to mind - but memory fades...

And of course was it not more to the point as to whether you were going to get a Saxon monarchy or a Viking one? I think anarchy was given a shot at one point though, which come to think of it, does seem to be more in line with minarchism,

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I don't think Moldbug's opinion is definitive-- just interesting. He cites Hans Herman Hoppe describing a monarchy as a privately-held family corporation which owns the nation it rules.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Fauci & Birx & Niall Fergusson.
Neil Ferguson, he of one-million-dead-from-mad-cow-disease and other prescient predictions.

Niall Ferguson is cool.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That was almost as bad as Prince Andrew's "I don't fuck young girls" interview.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: snip

Meh. Life is bubble now.

snip
I can recommend getting stuck into kettle bells. Learn how to handle them correctly and you get a full body dynamic workout that provides for both aerobic and anaerobic fitness, gets you lean and strong relatively quickly, and you don't have to spend hours doing the exercises or grunting under heavy weights.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: I can recommend getting stuck into kettle bells.
I'm on a kettle chips diet. Working so far.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: I can recommend getting stuck into kettle bells.
I'm on a kettle chips diet. Working so far.
That makes you a right leaning libertarian, then, by Brive's analytical framework.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Kindergarten Cop cancelled. Who is your daddy and what does he do?

https://reason.com/2020/08/04/kindergar ... -a-nation/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Meh. Life is bubble now.

snip
I can recommend getting stuck into kettle bells. Learn how to handle them correctly and you get a full body dynamic workout that provides for both aerobic and anaerobic fitness, gets you lean and strong relatively quickly, and you don't have to spend hours doing the exercises or grunting under heavy weights.
Hmm. Thanks. I’ll YouTube it.

I was doing curls with 10kg dumbbells ... until I pulled something in my arm.
Figured working on proper technique (ie slow chest to ground and full arm extension up) push-ups might be a safer resistance option.

But I’ll have a look.

John D

Post by John D »

Sargon wins legal fees against Akilah.... haha. $40k!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Sargon wins legal fees against Akilah.... haha. $40k!
Sargon sez the judge has been promoted to the appeals court, so if she seeks to appeal-- she'll go-before the same judge.

So, Dankula points-out, maybe she shouldn't have tried to cancel the the judge, yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzyZh9 ... .be&t=1199

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Skepticon coming August 15th....no schedule of speakers, not much info at all
We hope you are staying safe and healthy wherever you are. Times are wild and hard and we’re right there with you working in our communities and trying to keep ourselves and our families safe. Our dino hearts are with you, always.

We’re writing today because we have news: SKEPTICON 12 IS STILL HAPPENING.

That’s right. It’s. Still. Happening.

While we won’t be able to do Skepticon in person like we usually do, we are planning on doing some things here on the internet. Who’s excited to stare at more screens?! YAY! US, TOO!

We’ll be releasing details in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned and safe. Feel free to RSVP to our Facebook event to stay up to date, too!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

"Lebanon" "Human" OH!

Seriously, though, it's mad. The explosion was caused by 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that reportedly had just been stored there at the dock since 2014. Now the port's completely ruined. 2,700 tons!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Leaked video of what happened before George Floyd was on the ground shows an entirely different story:

https://spectator.org/george-floyd-deat ... gy-report/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

justinvacula wrote: Skepticon coming August 15th....no schedule of speakers, not much info at all
While we won’t be able to do Skepticon in person like we usually do, we are planning on doing some things here on the internet.
So much for the traditional spreading of STDs.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Meh. Life is bubble now.

snip
Hmm. Thanks. I’ll YouTube it.

I was doing curls with 10kg dumbbells ... until I pulled something in my arm.
Figured working on proper technique (ie slow chest to ground and full arm extension up) push-ups might be a safer resistance option.

But I’ll have a look.
I'd start with someone like Greg Brookes (https://kettlebellsworkouts.com/). A random search can get you boofhead wannabee Russian spetsnaz.

Start at 10 - 12 kgs if you aren't in the best condition. 16 kgs is relatively light once you've mastered the movements and have got your dynamic strength, but it still gives a good workout if you use it consistently, so no need to go to 20 kg and beyond unless you are training for some event.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about dumbbell curls. They are for posers. Isolation exercises like that are fine if you wan't to look like Arnie, but are not good for building functional muscle or for weight loss. I went from a 34 to a 31 waist when I got back into a regular routine and without changing my diet just because my core had strengthened and leaned out. Kettlebells will work your whole arm and shoulder. Your biceps will come up fine and you'll have more definition and strength in your triceps.

Keating

Post by Keating »

A gym buddy of mine has also been sold on the kettlebells path. He comes from a running background. When I saw him again after lockdown, he seems to no longer be as keen, but did manage to break a rib staying at home.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote: A gym buddy of mine has also been sold on the kettlebells path. He comes from a running background. When I saw him again after lockdown, he seems to no longer be as keen, but did manage to break a rib staying at home.
Home is a dangerous place.

I'm not a zealot for them. I have just found them really effective for both general fitness and conditioning, and ramping up for co-training with martial arts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Could be swung for Father’s Day ...

Figuratively speaking.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Of course if you have big enough nondetachable ball sacks, your problems are solved.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:01 am
John D wrote: Sargon wins legal fees against Akilah.... haha. $40k!
Sargon sez the judge has been promoted to the appeals court, so if she seeks to appeal-- she'll go-before the same judge.

So, Dankula points-out, maybe she shouldn't have tried to cancel the the judge, yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzyZh9 ... .be&t=1199

Who can blame her for feeling cheated. What was the point of Obama appointing all of those activist judges if a girl can't get the correct decision? Like all good atheist skeptics I once scoffed at the wingnut "activist judge" accusations, but not any more. Robert Barnes (see Viva Frei vlog) has said a number of times that SJWism has been infecting legal education for quite a while with students taught to construct an interpretation of the law to reach the desired (i.e. on the "right side of history") conclusion. His contention is that left-leaning judges are particularly prone to making political decisions. Judge Sullivan for instance, or the mongoloid who handled the Roger Stone fiasco. Characters like Hughes really do appear to feel entitled to a judgement that supports their politics.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Could be swung for Father’s Day ...

Figuratively speaking.
I would have thought that half the appeal was that you can exercise with something that looks like it was manufactured circa 1910.

TradKet.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Could be swung for Father’s Day ...

[img]https..://i.imgur.com/53j0X3s.jpg[/img]

Figuratively speaking.
I would have thought that half the appeal was that you can exercise with something that looks like it was manufactured circa 1910.

TradKet.
There is that. This, for instance, is my preferred trad rucksack.

Swedish M1939.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Pitchguest wrote: Seriously, though, it's mad. The explosion was caused by 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that reportedly had just been stored there at the dock since 2014. Now the port's completely ruined. 2,700 tons!
I was a little concerned we'd lost our crown, but the Halifax explosion still wins at 2.9kilotons.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

Swedish M1939.

Looks like you could be buried with it. Or have been.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: Seriously, though, it's mad. The explosion was caused by 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that reportedly had just been stored there at the dock since 2014. Now the port's completely ruined. 2,700 tons!
I was a little concerned we'd lost our crown, but the Halifax explosion still wins at 2.9kilotons.
That time when the antimatter feed came out of line with the singularity drive back in Tunguska 1908 was fairly impressive too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

A professor of medicine, a medical ethics lay professor, and a 'bioethicist" call for mandatory covid vaccination of every American by the federal government:

Defeat COVID-19 by requiring vaccination for all. It's not un-American, it's patriotic.
Make vaccines free, don't allow religious or personal objections, and punish those who won't be vaccinated. They are threatening the lives of others.
Issue date-stamped ID cards; deny anyone not carrying one access to public transit or air travel, appearing in public; revoke tax credits, deny them government services.

NB: The US Federal government has no police power.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: A professor of medicine, a medical ethics lay professor, and a 'bioethicist" call for mandatory covid vaccination of every American by the federal government:

Defeat COVID-19 by requiring vaccination for all. It's not un-American, it's patriotic.
Make vaccines free, don't allow religious or personal objections, and punish those who won't be vaccinated. They are threatening the lives of others.
Issue date-stamped ID cards; deny anyone not carrying one access to public transit or air travel, appearing in public; revoke tax credits, deny them government services.

NB: The US Federal government has no police power.

But the virus will be all over in 2-3 weeks, so by the time any of this gets anywhere it won't matter.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

screwtape wrote:
Heh! I did some reading and the biggest explosion after Halifax was Hiroshima at a whopping 15 kilotons. The explosion in Beirut is the second biggest. Chernobyl, despite what the series and documentaries have told you, isn't even in the same ballpark, at a low but still devastating 0.3 kilotons. The Tunguska event apparently clocked in at 3-30 MEGATONS. Imagine the noise THAT made.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

How does the EMP blast over Dyatlov Pass rank?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: But the virus will be all over in 2-3 weeks, so by the time any of this gets anywhere it won't matter.
Just that this sort of Orwellian police state stuff is being openly suggested, is deeply alarming.

I agree that the no-longer-officially-a-pandemic is nearly played out. But the Dems need to keep the hysteria and damage to the economy going for another three months. Over that span, they also need to keep Joe Biden from talking for more than five minutes straight, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg from kicking the bucket.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

No, wait, my favorite thing is that there's no peer reviewed study. So it's just like Dr. Immanuel's zero deaths per 350. An empirical anecdote.
Those were statistics provide by Island Health Region, all documented and reviewed. That is completely different from an anecdote.
https://youtu.be/3ywj-PZTt4g?t=1250

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Service Dog wrote:
No, wait, my favorite thing is that there's no peer reviewed study. So it's just like Dr. Immanuel's zero deaths per 350. An empirical anecdote.
Those were statistics provide by Island Health Region, all documented and reviewed. That is completely different from an anecdote.
https://youtu.be/3ywj-PZTt4g?t=1250
Ok, I'll bite:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Your 'Dr Droops' video was posted April 2. It contains clips of Dr Drew speaking on February 6.

I see a pattern. Much like the banned Dr Stella Immanuel video, you have an aversion to addressing the contents of the thing you're replying-to. Instead, you attack the credibility of the source. Using prior statements from the source. Which are indeed unflattering. But also not-quite relevant to the current assertion.

Dr Drew responded to the Dr Droops video, one day after it was posted. He apologized for comparing the mortality rate of Covid-19 to the mortality rate of Influenza. Apparently, this is not kosher-- because the two stats are collected in wildly-different ways. So the Flu rate can be reliably compared to previous years (collected & calculated the same way each year). And the Covid rate could be reliably compared to prior days-or-weeks' Covid rate (as long as data was collected & calculated in a consistent way. ((Which it isn't.)) But the two data-streams are not reliably interchangeable.) https://www.contagionlive.com/news/why- ... equivalent

Dr. Drew's mea culpa strikes me as honest & sufficient. And he deserves praise for-- on the day of his apology video-- also signing-up to volunteer as a frontline physician in Covid-19 hotspots.

However-- I do not wish to sully the pristine standard of purity required for the free thoughtpolice evidentiary Seal Of Approval.

So please tell me which experts should we rely upon henceforth?--

What are the names of these adequate physicians, whose Covid-predictions from early February do not contradict their current opinion?

Name one.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Swedish M1939.

Looks like you could be buried with it. Or have been.
Thank you. That’s a very nice observation.

free thoughtpolice

service dog wrote:
Dr Drew responded to the Dr Droops video, one day after it was posted. He apologized for comparing the mortality rate of Covid-19 to the mortality rate of Influenza. Apparently, this is not kosher-- because the two stats are collected in wildly-different ways. So the Flu rate can be reliably compared to previous years (collected & calculated the same way each year). And the Covid rate could be reliably compared to prior days-or-weeks' Covid rate (as long as data was collected & calculated in a consistent way. ((Which it isn't.)) But the two data-streams are not reliably interchangeable.) https://www.contagionlive.com/news/why- ... equivalent

Dr. Drew's mea culpa strikes me as honest & sufficient. And he deserves praise for-- on the day of his apology video-- also signing-up to volunteer as a frontline physician in Covid-19 hotspots.

According to wikipedia:
[quoteViews on COVID-19
Between February to Mar 2020, Drew made a series of statements concerning the COVID-19 outbreak where he downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic, stating that it was not as bad as the flu, and suggested that it was a "press-induced panic".[32] A 5-minute compilation of the statements was posted by DroopsDr on YouTube, but was temporarily taken down "due to a copyright claim by Drew Pinsky Inc." The video was later re-instated after several attorneys and many others defended DroopsDr.[33]

Drew subsequently apologized and urged people to follow the advice of Anthony Fauci.[32][34]][/quote]

So he used his big reality star status to try to silence/deplatform/ big tech censor someone that pointed out his mistakes. After legal action he apologized and endorsed Fauci. The guy that endorsed Fauci, the advocate of rigorous scientific method is back to endorsing advocates of giving more credence to anecdotal evidence.
To be fair, in the early days of the pandemic there was even less known about the bug than is known now, and there was more speculation because there wasn't much established and many were uncertain and made mistakes. He was wrong and eventually admitted it which is good. On the bad side, he appears to be back to endorsing a looser approach.
These days I am having trouble believing anything reality show hosts say. Call me cynical.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
Your 'Dr Droops' video was posted April 2. It contains clips of Dr Drew speaking on February 6.
Feb. 6 to Mar. 31.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Can anyone give me the tl;dr version of why service dog and ftp are fighting again? Are they going to divorce?