You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Watch Boy, and Hunt for the Wilderpeople, next.
I believe I will. What is it about NZ that makes them produce such strange and offbeat comedy? Is Waititi just inspired by Jackson, or are you all that way? For the few who may not know, before Jackson blotted his escutcheon with Tolkien, he was beloved for Bad Taste, Dead Alive, Meet the Feebles, and The Frighteners. He also did a mockumentary (Forgotten Silver) and might have morphed into a weird relative of Roeg with the way Heavenly Creatures was going. But then Tolkien and big budgets ruined him.
NZ does put out some quirky low budget films. And our humour is dry, a bit like our best white wines.

One of my early favourites was Goodbye Pork Pie.

Forgotten Silver was classic. I remember watching it on TV and being half convinced (along with half of NZ. The other half were fully convinced).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Troy is a suburb that started even before the white-flight from Detroit in the early 70s. Many houses were built in the 60s and so our trees are mature and we have many spaces that are fairly wild. So... the wilderness is moving back here. There are rabbits, squirrels, deer and skunks galore. I see deer about every other day... and they eat my plants every night... the bastards. Foxes and coyotes have moved in. My neighbor lost their little dog to a coyote. Coyotes don't eat dogs, but they are territorial, so they attack a dog they think they can hurt. I always leash walk my little 15 pound mutt so she doesn't get attacked.

I do love it here. I feed the birds and squirrels and my backyard is like a little zoo. I love it.
There's nothing like human behaviour to make you appreciate nature. Though I've sure that others have expressed it better than me.

"I've seen things you probably would believe,

Foxes dive-bombed by crows in the middle of the night,

I've watched squirrels frolic in the dark near the Victoria Park Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain".

And speaking of Troy - I was listening to 'Operation Lightning Pegasus' just yesterday

I'm not completely convinced by the regional accents though.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

comhcinc wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
comhcinc wrote: 'Sup yo?
Howdy, Stan.
Hey hey hey long time no see. Which is because I've not been around.
Hey, comhie. Long time, no post. How's it been? That avatar, I don't recognise it. Which wrestler is that?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A message of hope during dark times.

Keating

Post by Keating »

KiwiInOz wrote: NZ does put out some quirky low budget films. And our humour is dry, a bit like our best white wines.
Black Sheep is my favourite New Zealand film.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: NZ does put out some quirky low budget films. And our humour is dry, a bit like our best white wines.
That's a classic. Based on a true life story.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"FDNY official defends excluding famed 9/11 firefighter from procession for being white

A top FDNY official says it’s “most definitely” acceptable to exclude a white firefighter from a ceremonial unit based solely on his skin color, The Post has learned.

Cecilia Loving, the department’s chief :occasion-clown: diversity and inclusion :occasion-clown: officer, is defending a decision to kick Lt. Daniel McWilliams — one of three firefighters in the iconic 9/11 Ground Zero flag-raising photo — off a color-guard procession so it would be all-black.

Loving testified at a state Divsion of Human Rights trial on McWilliam’s complaint that he was the victim of racial bias.

When McWilliams showed up at a 2017 memorial mass to honor deceased members of the Vulcan Society, a fraternal group of black FDNY firefighters, he was barred from holding a flag in the color guard.

Regina Wilson, then Vulcan Society president, asked McWilliams to “help in a different capacity” because he is not black.

Loving, who is black, testified there is nothing wrong with that.

“So, a request for an all-black color guard is not discriminatory?” McWilliam’s lawyer, Keith Sullivan, asked in the trial.

“No, it isn’t,” Loving replied.

Asked if it’s acceptable to request an all-black color guard, she said, “Most definitely.”

Loving said it’s okay to replace a white member with an African-American to “uplift our identities and our separate ethnicities in order to instill a sense of pride and community and support for one another.”
https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/fdny-offi ... rocession/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: Down 2nd avenue-- under the shade of a construction scaffold-- a handful of smudgy sunburned drunk homeless white youth-- had claimed a half block of sidewalk-- reclining on dirty discarded mattresses and quite-a-collection of bicycle wheels. Only 1 or 2 working bikes.
NY Post:
"An entrenched group of homeless people is making life miserable for residents and merchants in Manhattan’s East Village — despite Mayor Bill de Blasio’s vow to “do whatever it takes” to break up such encampments.

The vagrants are living under a stretch of scaffolding along Second Avenue between East Seventh and East Eighth streets, where they’ve arranged cast-off furniture and set up a tarp under which two men were sleeping Friday afternoon.

“It makes me feel uncomfortable. It makes our city dirty and noisy,” said neighborhood resident Olga, 78, who’s lived in the East Village for 33 years.

“There was one woman who was making pee-pee and caca by the bus stop. It was very dirty and disgusting. Nobody wanted to use the bus stop.”

https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/homeless- ... crackdown/

I can't figure out how to embed the nypost video-- fortunately for you. It features an extra-special person named Solaura. Who was being oppressed by the free hotel room provided by the city-- due to the hotel/shelter curfew rule which prevents s/h/it from bring people into the room for sex after 10pm.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Asked if it’s acceptable to request an all-black color guard, she said, “Most definitely.”
The participants of our high school ROTC program were so predominately black and hispanic, we used to call ours the Colored Guard.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Brave hero Russell Blackford

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Keating wrote:
Yes, I was once a sheep farmer, and I found it a convincing horror story rather than a comedy. But I was dealing with the wily Welsh Mountain, rather than the fat and placid Suffolks my neighbour grew. Someone far more experienced than I once said "There is nothing more dangerous than an intelligent sheep."

It was once my intention to keep sheep, and be a GP on the side, as it were, in west Wales. But then my troubles began, and I ended up in Nova Scotia with no sheep, and people who thought that roast lamb was "icky" - after all, who eats sheep? People eat beef, and pork when they can't get beef, but, anyway, yummy beef! Did you say something about sheep?

Still happy to deal with flystrike, footrot, scrapie, swayback and all nocturnal ovine obstetric complications (mostly dealt with using a come-along and a proper ratio of blocks, just like my human OBS experience!) I was actually sad to see that I could no longer treat scabetic babies with gamma benzene hexachloride (Lindane), and now sheep may not be spared from ticks that way either. I knew Mrs Screwtape was the one for me when she calmly asked me into her bathroom to remove the biggest and fattest sheep tick you can imagine from her knee. You're a keeper when you don't panic about blood sucking insects that fat. So thanks to the taxpayers who paid for her to grow up around the remnants of the empire that still had naval bases. Still rather fond of sheep though.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Didja see all those news stories about how Kayleigh McEnany was stoopid & wrong for saying Paw Patrol had been cancelled & Lego stopped selling their police station toy?

New York Times, June 10, 2020:
The Protests Come for ‘Paw Patrol’
A backlash is mounting against depictions of “good cops,” on television and in the street.

It was only a matter of time before the protests came for “Paw Patrol.”

“Paw Patrol” is a children’s cartoon about a squad of canine helpers.
But last week, when the show’s official Twitter account put out a bland call for “Black voices to be heard,” commenters came after Chase. “Euthanize the police dog,” they said. “Defund the paw patrol.” “All dogs go to heaven, except the class traitors in the Paw Patrol.”

It’s a joke, but it’s also not. As the protests against racist police violence enter their third week, the charges are mounting against fictional cops, too. Even big-hearted cartoon police dogs — or maybe especially big-hearted cartoon police dogs — are on notice. The effort to publicize police brutality also means banishing the good-cop archetype

LEGO has halted marketing on its “LEGO City Police Station” and “Police Highway Arrest” sets.

A&E has pulled its reality show “Live PD” from the schedule. On Tuesday night, “Cops,” the show that branded suspects as “bad boys” and spawned the whole genre of crime reality television, was canceled after 32 seasons.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

So on one hand-- you have anti-Trump people actually trying to get Paw Patrol cancelled.

On the other hand-- you have the White House Press Secretary lamenting that it would be very bad to cancel the show.

And yet show's twitter account-- and the show's fans on twitter-- are mocking McEnany's concern for the show?

There's something sinister about that-- I can't quite describe.

https://twitter.com/pawpatrol/status/12 ... 0009864194

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Do those recoil dampers come fitted with the rifle?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote: Hey, comhie. Long time, no post. How's it been? That avatar, I don't recognise it. Which wrestler is that?
That's my puppy Marshal. Pro wrestling has become so bad I haven't seen it in forever.

free thoughtpolice

Back in he good old days Steven Seagal used his ass kicking, bone breaking gift from Buddha for the good of the environment, now has moved to Russia with Gerard Depardieu to evade taxes and deep state oppression. He is a hero of the libertarian movement!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well, with another account I've been engaged in twitter diet wars. Sort of a Stollznow diversion writ large.

It's similar, but different to, past Pit battles with FtB. Here there are big egos with a bewildering mix of PhDs, MDs, deniers of various ilk, conspiracy fans, RDs and mums and dads - all backed by a constant dialog around RCTs, Journal papers, ideological positions, anecdote, lipid panels and biology.

Less intrusion of SJW values and politics - for now. But it's creeping in.

Major themes are macro-wars, climate change, cholesterol-wars, diets-wars, politics of dietary guidelines et al. Feelings are particularly fraught between RDs and low carbers.

So far I've managed to be targeted by a retaliatory para in an International newspaper article.
Fun times.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well, with another account I've been engaged in twitter diet wars. Sort of a Stollznow diversion writ large.

It's similar, but different to, past Pit battles with FtB. Here there are big egos with a bewildering mix of PhDs, MDs, deniers of various ilk, conspiracy fans, RDs and mums and dads - all backed by a constant dialog around RCTs, Journal papers, ideological positions, anecdote, lipid panels and biology.

Less intrusion of SJW values and politics - for now. But it's creeping in.

Major themes are macro-wars, climate change, cholesterol-wars, diets-wars, politics of dietary guidelines et al. Feelings are particularly fraught between RDs and low carbers.

So far I've managed to be targeted by a retaliatory para in an International newspaper article.
Fun times.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Keating wrote:
Yes, I was once a sheep farmer, and I found it a convincing horror story rather than a comedy. But I was dealing with the wily Welsh Mountain, rather than the fat and placid Suffolks my neighbour grew. Someone far more experienced than I once said "There is nothing more dangerous than an intelligent sheep."

It was once my intention to keep sheep, and be a GP on the side, as it were, in west Wales. But then my troubles began, and I ended up in Nova Scotia with no sheep, and people who thought that roast lamb was "icky" - after all, who eats sheep? People eat beef, and pork when they can't get beef, but, anyway, yummy beef! Did you say something about sheep?

Still happy to deal with flystrike, footrot, scrapie, swayback and all nocturnal ovine obstetric complications (mostly dealt with using a come-along and a proper ratio of blocks, just like my human OBS experience!) I was actually sad to see that I could no longer treat scabetic babies with gamma benzene hexachloride (Lindane), and now sheep may not be spared from ticks that way either. I knew Mrs Screwtape was the one for me when she calmly asked me into her bathroom to remove the biggest and fattest sheep tick you can imagine from her knee. You're a keeper when you don't panic about blood sucking insects that fat. So thanks to the taxpayers who paid for her to grow up around the remnants of the empire that still had naval bases. Still rather fond of sheep though.
I used to enjoy working the sheep rather than the bulls and dairy cows on the family farm. And I'm partial to roast mutton and mutton ham, but you just don't seem to get that in the supermarket these days.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I recall when London banned a ‘get in shape’ bikini billboard.

I guess it’s still a conspiracy to see a broad (directed) agenda in play.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hope you're not going to just love and and leave us.

Because if you do - that's another fine mess you've gotten us into Stanley.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The subject seems to be un-threaded or threadbare or somesuch.

But on the topic of the NZ character - I think there is some sort of influence in being on the edge of the known world or part of a previously dominant empire.

Both good and bad.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
Hope you're not going to just love and and leave us.

Because if you do - that's another fine mess you've gotten us into Stanley.
I'm going to try to stick around some. Unless there is something shiny over there that needs my attention.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

you still in GA?

does it feel weird when you read Rayshard Brooks' last name? Not joking, I thought of you & wondered about that before.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Still in GA but really thinking about gets some certs and heading out west.

Brooks is such a common last name that the novelty of hearing it attached to other people died long ago.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

comhcinc wrote: Still in GA but really thinking about gets some certs and heading out west.
Come to California -- things have never looked brighter here!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Still in GA but really thinking about gets some certs and heading out west.
Come to California -- things have never looked brighter here!
Come, take a load off!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Excellent life priorities.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Come to California -- things have never looked brighter here!
I was thinking Seattle. Seems like a peaceful well managed place.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Or maybe Portland....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: Or maybe Portland....
Have you considered somewhere in the New York area?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

comhcinc wrote: I was thinking Seattle. Seems like a peaceful well managed place.
You wouldn't even need to find an apartment. Just lay out a square in the park with some white tape, and declare it the Independent Republic of COMHZ.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The Richtofen Rat - #80 - just met a 25gr slug. I'd like a Blue Max, please.

And yes, I'm going to try to be around for the Rudel Rat.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Rudel? Armor doesn't count. Hartmann or nothing.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Yes, I could be a purist, and go for Hans-Joachim Marseilles next, but I assume there is a reasonable equivalence somewhere between aircraft, tanks and rats....

free thoughtpolice

These guys are doing a pretty good job of luring my Marxgeld away from the Lincoln Project.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Anti-Trump porn tries so hard to be like MAGA porn.

Why not just guzzle the original?

free thoughtpolice

Many people are saying that antifa is going send in their persons to disrupt he massive Bikers 4 Trump rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. I expect them to be heavily armed and will be bringing weightlifting homos from all the leather bars to gay rape unsuspecting bikers.
Also, other battalions of them will dress as federal police with camo fatigues and MAGA hats, and many fat hairy basement dwellers will transform into flirty biker chicks. Likely they will be tearing down statues of Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox Babe with Paul/Paula and xir rainbow colored unicorn replacing them after routing the total pussy bikers.
Anyway, I tried to warn them and just got my comment deleted.

My impression is he isn't really a tough guy and is terrified when someone calls him out on his phony facade.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BLM held a march in a little cowtown, pop. 6000, [0.4% black], down the road from me. Seven chartered busloads. I think they chose the town because its downtown/Raley's shopping center is seconds from the highway offramp.

Saw a video of them marching down the road, local cops as heelers, chanting through megaphones, tooting air horns, banging on drums. Young black gal walking down the street flipping off locals having lunch at sidewalk tables. Young black dude with megaphone shouting, "yeah, we keep comin to yo neighborhood until you white people stop killin us in our neighborhood." I'm thinking, fine -- you've saved us a trip.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Interesting podcast on the true role of ruminants on global warming.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/d ... 0486347141

Couple of points

Role of Biogenic methane - constant herd sizes equal no increase in warming due to the biogenic methane cycle. And American herd sizes have been constant for hundreds of years. This cycle is very different to global warming from newly released oil carbons.

Going vegan for one year per person = half a persons worth of carbon from a trans-Atlantic flight.

Total carbon footprint of USA would reduce by ...
2.2% if whole country goes vegan
0.3% for a full “Meatless Monday“

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Nicolas Sandman has really grown & learned a lot about himself in the past year,
still enjoys group activities in public with the boys, and
knows how to celebrate his big win...

Best pals with a India'n! + a black hebrew! We are the world!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I understand that they are bringing Sandman to Netflicks in 2021 - and have already done an audiobook version.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Myth of Pervasive Misogyny
Researchers present participants with identical information that has some bearing on the abilities of males or females while manipulating which sex the information is about.... Contrary to expectations from the pervasive misogyny theory, across a variety of topics, samples, and research teams, recent findings in psychology suggest that such biases often favor women.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: BLM held a march in a little cowtown, pop. 6000, [0.4% black], down the road from me. Seven chartered busloads. I think they chose the town because its downtown/Raley's shopping center is seconds from the highway offramp.

Saw a video of them marching down the road, local cops as heelers, chanting through megaphones, tooting air horns, banging on drums. Young black gal walking down the street flipping off locals having lunch at sidewalk tables. Young black dude with megaphone shouting, "yeah, we keep comin to yo neighborhood until you white people stop killin us in our neighborhood." I'm thinking, fine -- you've saved us a trip.
At least they didn't pull down the statue of Yosemite Sam.
I think I mentioned before that we had a BLM rally in a nearby town. Our area, as well as all of western Canada has a tiny population of blacks,those that aren't families of recent immigrants are the descendants of slaves that came to freedom in Canada on the Underground Railroad.
The rally was organized by two young black women who did the speaking/ lecturing. Apparently one of these women was in a bar and another client that was harassing customers, being abusive to other customers was in the process of being thrown out. On his way out he looked at the black woman, She said "don't start on me", and (gasp) he called her a nigger*.
That was the proof that there is systemic racism in our community, not police shootings, housing or employment discrimination. There were people that wanted to accept their white guilt but I expect most people felt like I do.
White people have no more collective guilt for the actions of a few individuals of their skin color than do people of other races.
* I'm pretty sure it wasn't Steersman.

John D

Post by John D »

Wow.... just wow. I watched Tim and I watched the Breitbart reporting of the presser. We officially live in clown world... but... it is an evil clown world. (and I wonder why I hate people).

free thoughtpolice

Stella Immanuel MD claims hydroxychloriquine is 100% effective against Covid 19 and masks are useless. With the help of the antimaskers, antivaxxers, and covid is a hoax crowd the current pandemic is almost guaranteed to keep going strong for some time. Some more medical opinions from Dr. Immanuel:
Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise (too late), though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.
Tim Pool is a fucking idiot. Twitter and other similar platforms have every right to not let their platform be used to spread clearly wrong and harmful/dangerous nonsense. Americans may have the constitutional freedumb to believe stupid things but private businesses do not have the obligation to spread the bullshit, if anything they have a responsibility to not allow false, harmful, and dangerous claims to be spread by their platforms.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Stella Immanuel MD claims hydroxychloriquine is 100% effective against Covid 19 and masks are useless. With the help of the antimaskers, antivaxxers, and covid is a hoax crowd the current pandemic is almost guaranteed to keep going strong for some time. Some more medical opinions from Dr. Immanuel:
Before Trump and his supporters embrace Immanuel’s medical expertise (too late), though, they should consider other medical claims Immanuel has made—including those about alien DNA and the physical effects of having sex with witches and demons in your dreams.

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.
Tim Pool is a fucking idiot. Twitter and other similar platforms have every right to not let their platform be used to spread clearly wrong and harmful/dangerous nonsense. Americans may have the constitutional freedumb to believe stupid things but private businesses do not have the obligation to spread the bullshit, if anything they have a responsibility to not allow false, harmful, and dangerous claims to be spread by their platforms.
Tim seems to be supporting Trump while saying he isn't. I can only assume he is going for maximum donations by adjusting his videos and titles. It seems that pro-Trump gets the most money if that is what he is doing.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Twitter and other similar platforms have every right to not let their platform be used to spread clearly wrong and harmful/dangerous nonsense. Americans may have the constitutional freedumb to believe stupid things but private businesses do not have the obligation to spread the bullshit, if anything they have a responsibility to not allow false, harmful, and dangerous claims to be spread by their platforms.
I think Section 230 sez private businesses do not have a responsibility to police the content of claims made on their platforms. If so, then you're spreading clearly wrong and harmful/ dangerous nonsense.

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Twitter and other similar platforms have every right to not let their platform be used to spread clearly wrong and harmful/dangerous nonsense. Americans may have the constitutional freedumb to believe stupid things but private businesses do not have the obligation to spread the bullshit, if anything they have a responsibility to not allow false, harmful, and dangerous claims to be spread by their platforms.
I think Section 230 sez private businesses do not have a responsibility to police the content of claims made on their platforms. If so, then you're spreading clearly wrong and harmful/ dangerous nonsense.
I'm pretty sure Section 230 doesn't obligate private platforms to allow any and all false and harmful opinions. My statement was qualified by "if anything" there is some responsibility, for example In extreme cases like incitement to terrorism or incitement to commit other illegal acts.
From wikipedo:
Section 230 protections are not limitless, requiring providers to still remove criminal material such as copyright infringement; more recently, Section 230 was amended by the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act (FOSTA-SESTA) in 2018 to require the removal of material violating federal and state sex trafficking laws. Protections from Section 230 have come under more recent scrutiny on issues related to hate speech and ideological biases in relation to the power technology companies can hold on political discussions.
:P

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:48 am
Wow.... just wow. I watched Tim and I watched the Breitbart reporting of the presser. We officially live in clown world... but... it is an evil clown world. (and I wonder why I hate people).

The comments to Tim's video make me lose even more faith in humanity.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Let's not argue about who policed who.

Let's just agree that Dr. Stella appears to be a nutter. Her main sites appear to be down right now (mixture of load and IT incompetence from what I can tell), but even the teaser bit from scribd is enlightening:

free thoughtpolice

God hates big tech censoring nutty people peddling dangerous nonsense as much as Tim Pool does:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I once had to deal with a retained placenta, and it was one of the physically hardest things I've done. Place patient under GA with full paralysis. Make dominant hand into a cone shape and insert (you know where), but you're not doing the pornhub thing. You keep going and start to slowly dilate the cervix, which is currently shut tight following the Syntometrine (5iu syntocinon/0.5mg ergometrine) injection given at delivery of the anterior shoulder. About twenty minutes later you're in a lather and the anaesthetist is getting impatient, but eventually you manage to fist a uterus. Then you use your fingers to scrape out the retained placenta, and try to scrape all of it out with the nerveless, numb and flaccid digits that are all you have left. Give more syntometrine and prepare for the likely post-partum haemorrhage.

But I never knew, till today, it was the Lord's Work:
Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.49.19 PM.jpg
(108.33 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
So, thanks, Dr Stella!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

My vet told me how a couple of weeks ago, she had to pull out a still[not]born foal. I'll spare you all the details.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

HelpingHand wrote: Let's not argue about who policed who.

Let's just agree that Dr. Stella appears to be a nutter. Her main sites appear to be down right now (mixture of load and IT incompetence from what I can tell), but even the teaser bit from scribd is enlightening:
Don't try this one at home folks:
The Document wrote:14. This session is titled: O Lord Plug
Me Into your Socket Of Power
This might be de-colonized medicine. I'm not sure though because she is a Christian.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

I'm pretty sure Section 230 doesn't obligate private platforms to allow any and all false and harmful opinions. My statement was qualified by "if anything" there is some responsibility, for example In extreme cases like incitement to terrorism or incitement to commit other illegal acts.
From wikipedo:
Section 230 protections are not limitless, requiring providers to still remove criminal material such as copyright infringement; more recently, Section 230 was amended by the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act (FOSTA-SESTA) in 2018 to require the removal of material violating federal and state sex trafficking laws. Protections from Section 230 have come under more recent scrutiny on issues related to hate speech and ideological biases in relation to the power technology companies can hold on political discussions.
:P
[/quote]

Yes, but that's all that's currently allowed by Section 230, and even that took until 2018, a full 22 years after the CDA was passed. In return for broad immunity from civil liability, internet platforms must be simple conveyers of user generated content, not curated publishers of user content. They are not allowed to have editorial policies that would be conventional for a standard publisher, nor decide what opinions are harmful, or even false. Obviously, the major social platforms been ignoring this for the last several years, and they're likely going to lose their broad civil immunity before too long.

free thoughtpolice

jugheadnaut wrote:
They are not allowed to have editorial policies that would be conventional for a standard publisher, nor decide what opinions are harmful, or even false. Obviously, the major social platforms been ignoring this for the last several years, and they're likely going to lose their broad civil immunity before too lo
I have seen that claim before. If that is settled law kindly send a link. To me that sounds like speculation by some lawyer or wannabe lawyer.
I doubt there is settled law that obligates internet platforms to publish false and possible dangerous claims. If you can find otherwise I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

John D

Post by John D »

Reminder..... free thoughtpolice = commie.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote: Reminder..... free thoughtpolice = commie.
That's free thoughtpolice= Rich Socialist
You pathetic corporate drone :dance: