You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Bhurzum »

Chaser: is there an instrument more nerdy than the theremin?

Loved this!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: is there an instrument more nerdy than the theremin?
I take it that you have not had the opportunity to sample the pleasures of the sackbut in any of it's various forms.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Anyway - downloaded (x1 - at least).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Young descendants of Frederick Douglass recite his anti-slavery Fourth Of July address on YouTube...

Commenters reply, complementing the kids...

Someone claiming to be one-of-the-kids' aunt... chastises the admirers for misgendering one of the children as a "he".

A commenter asks the aunt "...just so that everyone is clear in the comments, do you feel comfortable sharing Isidore’s pronouns? i’d hate for us to be unintentionally misgendering this young revolutionary."

The aunt replies: "Male or none binary pronouns. Thank you for asking."

I've probably commented on YouTube fewer than 20 times, ever. I reply to the aunt, pointing-out that she has been correcting people for using "he" to describe someone one accepts male pronouns as correct. I end with: "You are an asshole".

YouTube vanishes my comment the moment I hit 'send'.

I want my comment to be moderated by the 17 year old great-great-great-grandaughter. At 4m58s she says, "When someone gets silenced, they feel angry. There are certain tactics that you need to use, to get people to really hear your voice. And it's not always going to be, like, a very calm discussion."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Statue of Frederick Douglass torn town by vandals:
https://www.wxxinews.org/post/police-in ... ewood-park

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: I take it that you have not had the opportunity to sample the pleasures of the sackbut in any of it's various forms.
Some guys are really into sack butts.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote:
Fegg wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Corona rounded up those who had dodged a bullet .... ?

Why is the expected all-cause mortality up by 14 percent in only six years. Is it really just an aging population and a bit of population growth?

B.
This analysis makes no sense. Does Covid target those who "should have" died from the flu in prior years? Makes absolutely no sense. I am also very very skeptical of the reported number of deaths from flu. This is poorly counted and is just an estimate from health organizations like the CDC. It is just a guess.... and is likely intentionally exaggerated. The CDC wants to pressure the public into getting flu shots so they are motivated to exaggerate the death rate.
The CDC does not count influenza deaths directly:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/ho ... imates.htm

I think the final word on Covid-19 will take a while to compile. Different areas register deaths differently, there are people who die at home and aren't counted right away, etc. But clearly the US is past the point where it can be controlled in any meaningful way. Even the lower number of deaths may be a statistical artifact:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

No idea if this is true but I hope it is!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

My vote is for the hurdy gurdy :)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steve Shives wants to change the Redskins' name for an odd reason:

So he can shower in piss.

Steve Shives
@steve_shives
· Jul 3
Oh, man. If this actually happens and they finally change that fucking name, I cannot wait to shower in the tears of all the pissy fans of this team I know around here. twitter.com/BleacherReport…

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

MarcusAu wrote: I'd thought that Ennio Morricone was a long time dead...

...but in fact he is only recently so.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Love the "Vehicular Theyslaughter" on the Twat you post, Bhurzo!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: Love the "Vehicular Theyslaughter" on the Twat you post, Bhurzo!
I aim to sleaze.

Speaking of shit-posting, this is about to go live!

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

John D wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:52 am
This analysis makes no sense. Does Covid target those who "should have" died from the flu in prior years? Makes absolutely no sense. I am also very very skeptical of the reported number of deaths from flu. This is poorly counted and is just an estimate from health organizations like the CDC. It is just a guess.... and is likely intentionally exaggerated. The CDC wants to pressure the public into getting flu shots so they are motivated to exaggerate the death rate.
I think the argument is that the pre-COVID population had a relative excess of near end-of-life people with little resistance to succumbing to any disease, who normally would have been culled by the last couple of flu seasons. Seems like a fairly clean explanation of why COVID-19 has an unusually heavy mortality rate among the elderly, while the rate among the young is comparable to other strains of flu. I'll wait for some input from respected epidemiologists before giving this a lot of credence, though.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Jesus ...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum wrote: Speaking of shit-posting, this is about to go live!
Jesus Christ, I've lost all sense of time and space! This "debate" has shredded my already frail sanity; where in the fuck did they find this "Brenton" character?

It's almost over (I think) but for the love of Dog, don't tune-in! It's pure cancer...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:52 am
I think the argument is that the pre-COVID population had a relative excess of near end-of-life people with little resistance to succumbing to any disease, who normally would have been culled by the last couple of flu seasons. Seems like a fairly clean explanation of why COVID-19 has an unusually heavy mortality rate among the elderly, while the rate among the young is comparable to other strains of flu. I'll wait for some input from respected epidemiologists before giving this a lot of credence, though.
It would be easier to dismiss if the data source or analysis of these ACM charts was wrong. Nb If this is ACM, then definitions for corona deaths should be irrelevant.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

Jesus ...
Being both biped and pedant, but not the other, why do people keep using paedophile when he was a hebophile?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: ...where in the fuck did they find this "Brenton" character?...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Being both biped and pedant, but not the other, why do people keep using paedophile when he was a hebophile?
I once described an individual as an hebephile and got blanks stares, then 'so he likes jews?'

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Being both biped and pedant, but not the other, why do people keep using paedophile when he was a hebophile?
I think people know that a 16 year old girl is a much more likely target of sexual interest from an adult man than an 8 year old girl, and want maximum social opprobrium and criminal sanction against those who would target the 16 year old. So they have little interest in the distinctions between pedophilia, hebephilia, and ephebophilia and will strategically use the most damaging label even when aware of the distinctions.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
I think people know that a 16 year old girl is a much more likely target of sexual interest from an adult man than an 8 year old girl, and want maximum social opprobrium and criminal sanction against those who would target the 16 year old. So they have little interest in the distinctions between pedophilia, hebephilia, and ephebophilia and will strategically use the most damaging label even when aware of the distinctions.
I'm guilty of that cuz, even though I know the other terms, 'pedo' is a slam everyone gets and recoils at.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

This is sure to become "the" American news event for the next few days.

I have no idea what is actually going on.
Whose side is the woman really on?
Who owns the dog?
Fat boy says "nappy".
Whose property is it?
Is that the black guy huddled against the tree and what is happening?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Being both biped and pedant, but not the other, why do people keep using paedophile when he was a hebophile?
I once described an individual as an hebephile and got blanks stares, then 'so he likes jews?'
Yes he does. As long as they are teenagers.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Yeah. I agree.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: ...where in the fuck did they find this "Brenton" character?...
https://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=qVjE0X5IbQE
That was very amusing if a little depressing.

I'm sharing it with a few metal-heads I know, pretty sure they'll appreciate it!

Thanks, dude!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I thought this was a joke. I was wrong.
Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky' – do cities have to be so sexist?
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... asculinity

Oh Guardian, never change!

:lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Manhattan school board meeting devolves into a shitshow over white fragility and the 'racism' of a white member bouncing a black child on his knee:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: I thought this was a joke. I was wrong.
Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky' – do cities have to be so sexist?

CCP_Pisa.png
(99.45 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
That was very amusing if a little depressing.

I'm sharing it with a few metal-heads I know, pretty sure they'll appreciate it!

Thanks, dude!
Bio of the guy who played Daryl:

"Paul wears many hats. A jack of all trades, but a master of none? Not true. He is a master of science according to the University of Washington in Seattle where he co-authored the paper "Investigation of the Seismic Behavior and Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structural Walls" which was presented at the 100th Anniversary Earthquake Conference Commemorating the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.

In Division III Collegiate Club Hockey, Paul is known as "The Golden Water Bottle." As a center for the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, he refreshed himself with the opposing team's goalie's water bottle after scoring a goal in the closing minutes of a game. He was promptly beaten up for his efforts."

If I were to dox myself, it might also perhaps emerge that he is my brother in law.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I heard a pagan chick make a similar observation about the Shard.

I suppose it does reverse the natural order of things - or at least the 'Sky Father' and 'Earth Mother' archetypes.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: If I were to dox myself, it might also perhaps emerge that he is my brother in law.
Not going to lie, when he hit the woman with the cake, I just about shit my pants laughing!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mary-trum ... n?ref=home
Trump's niece writes an Orange Man Vile book. The Donald hired someone to write his SATs for him? Cheated his family over Fred Trump Sr.'s will?
The good Conservative folks over at The Lincoln Project are rubbing it in too. Even gaslighting a bit?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

... the paper "Investigation of the Seismic Behavior and Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structural Walls" which was presented at the 100th Anniversary Earthquake Conference Commemorating the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
I hear it brought the house down.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
... the paper "Investigation of the Seismic Behavior and Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Structural Walls" which was presented at the 100th Anniversary Earthquake Conference Commemorating the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
I hear it brought the house down.
https://wompampsupport.azureedge.net/fe ... Fohyou.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Manhattan school board meeting devolves into a shitshow over white fragility and the 'racism' of a white member bouncing a black child on his knee:

I make this broad claim. Anyone now using the BIPOC abbreviation is a complete twat!.... this includes my daughter.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:

I suppose it does reverse the natural order of things - or at least the 'Sky Father' and 'Earth Mother' archetypes.
And so.... what are we to make to this new sculpture in Sterling Heights Michigan? They paid $300k for this.
12004d61f772353a2c8baf7f913b641d0629.jpeg
(206.57 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Make up your minds, white power structures good or white power structures bad.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ruh-Ruh-Ruh-Rickity-011101!111- RIk RIIK Rick Wilson once said
(he one said)

ttttttthat LIam Neeeeeeeeeeson. BA-DUM! BOOM! (liam neeson)

was a guh-guh-gur-GREAT (gr8) Political Philosopher.

The has a different view, Mister Wilson--
The actor Liam Neeson said in an interview with a British newspaper last month that he once spent a week walking the streets with a club looking for a black man to kill after a woman close to him was raped by someone she said was black.
“She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way,” Mr. Neeson said of the episode, which he said happened years ago. “But my immediate reaction was, did she know who it was? No. What color were they? She said it was a black person.”
“I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody,” the Northern Ireland-born Mr. Neeson said, using a British word that describes a clublike weapon. “I’m ashamed to say that, and I did it for maybe a week — hoping some black bastard would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him.”
“It’s

unfortunate and sick that
Liam Neeson would in response to a tragedy simply seek out any black person to murder,” Malik Russell, a spokesman for the N.A.A.C.P., said in an email. “Pain suffered is not an excuse for racism.”

“If black people
responded this way
regarding all the times our ancestors were lynched, raped, mutilated, tortured or shot down by police brutality,
there would be too many bodies to count,”

“The fact that black people have been able to not blame every white person for the deeds of racist whites is a tribute to our character as a people.”
//////OOPS, that didn't AGE WELL///////

Liam Neeson's racist comments went public ELEVEN MONTHS before RICK WILSON praised him.
Can America Ever Kiss Our chilDren Goodnight AGain?

:hankey: :hankey:

free thoughtpolice

:lol: The Lincoln Project really has the anti-anti-Trumpers dander up.
They're afraid because bit by bit the Lincoln Projects Atwater/Stone/Manafort ratfucker tactics are gradually convincing them to lose an anti and gradually become just anti-Trump. :whistle:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Some of TP's earliest short stories are getting published in a book.

The Tropnecian Invasion of Great Britain
By Terry Pratchett

Tropnecia is a very small country somewhere in the Tosheroon Islands, but once upon a time it very nearly conquered Great Britain.

In AD 411, when the last of the Romans had just left, a small Tropnecian sailing ship that happened to be passing spotted the coast of England, and thought it would be a good place to conquer. That was how things were done in history. As soon as you saw a place, you had to conquer it, and usually the English Channel was full of ships queuing up to come and have a good conquer.

‘If you’ve got nothing to do,’ chieftains would tell their sons, ‘go and conquer England.’

Anyway, the Tropnecians arrived on a Sunday, when there was no one about, so the first thing they did was build a road. That’s another thing you have to do. Either you burn down houses or you build roads and walls, otherwise you don’t stand much chance of being put in the history books.

Tropnecian roads can always be recognised because they never go in straight lines. The roads were all designed by the famous Tropnecian architect General Bulbus Hangdoge, and he wasn’t very good at drawing straight lines. Very good on the corners, but very bad on the straight lines. So all the roads were a little wobbly.

At that time England was full of Picts, Scots, Druids, Angles, Saxons, Vikings, Stonehenges, wet weather and various kinds of kings, the most famous of which was King Rupert the Never Ready, of Wessex. He was never ready for anything, which was why England kept getting conquered.

People would say, ‘Are you ready to fight the Vikings if they try to conquer us?’ and he would say, ‘I don’t think so.’ The next thing you knew, Vikings were all over the place, burning down houses. It was all pretty miserable in those days.

By the time the Tropnecian army had marched into King Rupert’s castle he was feeling more never ready than usual. ‘Are you Romans?’ he said, poking his head out of his bedroom window.

‘No, we’re Tropnecians,’ said General Hangdoge. ‘We came, we saw, we conquered.’

‘It’s people like you who ruin history,’ grumbled King Rupert. ‘The Anglo-Saxons come after the Romans, and they’re not here yet. No one ever said anything about any Tropnecians. Wait your turn.’

And with that he banged the window shut and went back to bed.

The Tropnecians felt rather stupid, standing around with everybody looking at them. They thought perhaps King Rupert had a point – maybe they weren’t supposed to be there, and this was all wrong.

‘I’m going home,’ said General Hangdoge. ‘My feet are wet.’ (It had been raining very hard for a very long time by this point. That’s England for you. If you’re going to invade a place, please do check the weather forecast.)

And so they all marched back to the coast of England*, leaving the way clear for the Anglo-Saxons, who turned up the next day and immediately started to burn houses. And so history was allowed to get going again.

* Along their very wiggly new road.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:

Maybe the earth mother is actually a trans man.

free thoughtpolice

That gives me a 3 out of 4 chance that hefty donation I gave to the Lincoln Project actually might do some good,

This particular psychic didn't foresee Covid19 or if she did didn't think it was important so I'm not putting a lot weight behind her predictions.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: This particular psychic didn't foresee Covid19 or if she did didn't think it was important
Whut? No~! She predicted Covid. She said Trump won't return to power, adding "it might be an illness".

If someone asks "What's Covid-19?" It might an illness/ might be a centrally-coordinated over-reaction. Also, both.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

JK Rowling - witch of the year (no pun intended) also signing the Harper's open letter rebuking cancel culture:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53330105

Lots of other great names including Steven Pinker, Salman Rushdie, Jesse Signal, many contributors to Reason Magazine...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Authors of a paper showing no racial bias in police enforcement exists now seek to retract said paper because it's being cited to show no racial bias in police enforcement exists:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/07/a ... e-cite-it/

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

IDWTLOTPA

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

'Squad' members introduce the "Breathe Act" to completely defund police, close all prisons and jails:

https://breatheact.org

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 'Squad' members introduce the "Breathe Act" to completely defund police, close all prisons and jails:

The Brown New Deal. If you read the summary it has most of the same stuff as the Green New Deal.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 'Squad' members introduce the "Breathe Act" to completely defund police, close all prisons and jails:
Section 3, bottom of page 7 - public schools provide abortions

page 8 - "Creating a clear, time-bound plan for meeting 100% of the
State power demand using clean, renewable, and
zero-emission energy sources."

page 9 - abolish working for tips

page 12 - "reparations for mass
criminalization—including the War on Drugs, the criminalization on
prostitution, and police violence; border violence; and the systemic
violation of the U.S. Government’s treaty obligations to Tribal nations."

Black Lives Matter Is About Police Brutality, Stop Trying To Make It About Other Stuff Terry Crews

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Economist has an exposé about the role of fashion models as living props-- in the expensive VIP nightclub scene.
https://www.1843magazine.com/features/t ... -vip-party

The writing is vaguely resentful, hinting at marxist notions of exploitation, and feminist certainty that women are hopelessly weak and helpless.

But it's a pretty good anthropology tour.

It reminds me of the documentary 'Hot Girls Wanted', which was on Netflix a few years ago-- following a guy who recruited girls from social media & craigslist-- for porn, housed them in a Miami dorm, and hauled them out to nightclubs.

The documentary was by Rashida Jones-- the hot 'Karen' from The Office/ and daughter of Quincey Jones. Likewise the Economist piece is by a former model, now sociology faculty at Boston University.

There's a degree of overlap between the article and my life-- but, the specific scene of Saudi assholes and wall street assholes and cookie-cutter models-- is mind killingly boring, for me. I prefer more Fellini-esque nightlife. Warhol superstars, over-the-hill party-veterans, hustlers who snuck in.

https://www.1843magazine.com/features/t ... -vip-party

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

NYC protesters build a roadblock, slash an SUV's tire, then act butthurt when the SUV drives over their pile of bikes, to escape:
“There was a skater in front … the driver was being aggressive,” Mary said. “[The skater] tried to make him understand that we weren’t going to be long.”

Since-deleted video of the incident posted on social media shows at least three protesters step in front of the vehicle near one of the intersection’s crosswalks as others to the side of the vehicle threaten to pop the car’s tires.

“My man, we’re gonna pop your tire, bro,” one protester can be heard saying.

Another protester with a megaphone asks, “Do you have to go this way, sir?”

Seconds later, a voice in the video can be heard saying, “Pop his tire, pop his f—ing tire.”

A separate video, which has also since been deleted, shows a man stab the rear driver’s side tire several times. An audible hissing sound follows.

The driver then hits the gas, running over and dragging several bikes.

The man told police he fled because he felt threatened by the group, sources said.

He drove a few blocks away, where he was stopped by police and taken to the Manhattan South Precinct, sources said.

Police said the man has not been arrested. No injuries were reported.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/07/suv-drive ... st-in-nyc/

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Great James Lindsay video on something I was thinking last week: nearly all identitarian arguments and strategies are based on the Motte and Bailey fallacy:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is anyone seriously arguing that a “purge” style approach to BLM libtards would be anything but a productive use of energy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AIU, kicked off mass circulation, is bypassing the restricted feed alternative of bitchute to disappear into The $10 a month censored tv with Gavin and Sophe

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QAFlYsTfMGzg/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »