You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Does any one have a link to where Abby debunked Judy Mikovits?
Just google "deceitful, conniving, gigantic fucking cunt"...

https://scienceblogs.com/erv/2010/01/13 ... ue-syndr-5

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hunt wrote: What will the next half year bring forth?

2020 A.D.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: And so the cycle continues.

There is a market for drugs because humans like to change their perceptions of reality and/or are physiologically addicted to various chemical compounds.

There are laws against drugs for moral, religious, geopolitical, or health reasons.

Supplying the market is criminalised and the market is therefore unregulated.

Criminals supply the market because a) the market is criminalised, and b) the money is so good because people are prepared to pay the prices.

Criminals protect their markets by violence and corruption because a) the potential profit is so good, and b) increasing force is used against them.

There is a market for drugs because humans like to change their perceptions of reality and/or are physiologically addicted to various chemical compounds.

Where do you intervene if you want the best chance to achieve your desired moral, religious, geopolitical, or health reasons?
You left out the part where criminals get arrested, thrown in jail, and never let out again.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

There are laws against drugs for moral, religious, geopolitical, or health reasons.

Criminals supply the market because a) the market is criminalised, and b) the money is so good because people are prepared to pay the prices.

Criminals protect their markets by violence and corruption because a) the potential profit is so good, and b) increasing force is used against them.

Where do you intervene if you want the best chance to achieve your desired moral, religious, geopolitical, or health reasons?
You left out the part where criminals get arrested, thrown in jail, and never let out again.
Some random thoughts:

Your country has the highest incarceration rates globally. How's that strategy working out for you?

The market still remains and now you have a gap in the supply chain. What's going to happen?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Some random thoughts:

Your country has the highest incarceration rates globally. How's that strategy working out for you?
Well Germany already focused tested death camps and they tested badly.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Some random thoughts:

The market still remains and now you have a gap in the supply chain. What's going to happen?
I speak for Amerka, but nearly every citizen will admit to, at one time or another, using illicit substances. It's funny, even people you wouldn't think have smoked a joint or done harder stuff have probably tried something at one point or another. The point is: drug possession laws exist, and in many states are prisonable offenses. So the vast majority of citizens have been potential subject to incarceration, in a so-called free nation.

It's frankly insane.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Hunt wrote: snip

I speak for Amerka, but nearly every citizen will admit to, at one time or another, using illicit substances. It's funny, even people you wouldn't think have smoked a joint or done harder stuff have probably tried something at one point or another. The point is: drug possession laws exist, and in many states are prisonable offenses. So the vast majority of citizens have been potential subject to incarceration, in a so-called free nation.

It's frankly insane.
It's ok as long as you don't inhale or swallow, apparently.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Service Dog wrote:
Driftless wrote: More local news:
Oh-- I didn't know you lived there. I went to a couple years of high school there. Got any other local news?
Cool. I live near there but lived there for many years. I haven't paid that much attention to goings on until now since not much was happening other than the Foxconn factory circus. That is over near Milwaukee although there is a building downtown that Foxconn bought to supposedly turn into engineering offices. As far as I know the original tenants are still in the building. The factory debacle is still ongoing as well.

Here's an example of the clear-headed thinking of some of the protestors in the current situation:

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/photo ... da579.html
On the fourth day of demonstrations in Madison, hundreds of protesters in vehicles, on bikes and by foot, gathered in front of the Dane County Public Safety Building to call for the release of all black inmates, community control and defunding of the police. The caravan drove onto John Nolen Drive where they disrupted traffic for about an hour before heading west onto the Beltline.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: Your country has the highest incarceration rates globally. How's that strategy working out for you?
We keep letting the criminals go again after catching them. That has to stop.

A third of all crime, and half of all violent crimes, are committed by blacks, who make up only 13% of the population. But the black criminals are almost exclusively young males, so it's really only maybe 3 to 4% who are responsible. Doing something about them would make a world of difference.

The current opiod epidemic arose recently and as a direct consequence of globalization's destruction of economies in entire regions of the country. End globalization and bring MFG jobs back to America.

Drug sub-cultures promote abuse. End the free supply of drugs and those sub-cultures will die off.

Individuals with addictive tendencies should receive effective health care and support.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: drug possession laws exist, and in many states are prisonable offenses. So the vast majority of citizens have been potential subject to incarceration, in a so-called free nation.

It's frankly insane.
Know what's insane? In California, a theft of less than $950 cannot by law be prosecuted, while possession of a magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds is a felony.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Doing something about them would make a world of difference.
And that would be?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote: drug possession laws exist, and in many states are prisonable offenses. So the vast majority of citizens have been potential subject to incarceration, in a so-called free nation.

It's frankly insane.
Know what's insane? In California, a theft of less than $950 cannot by law be prosecuted, while possession of a magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds is a felony.
Citation? I might be returning to CA sooner than I thought, and making a bee line for the candy store.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Know what's insane? In California, a theft of less than $950 cannot by law be prosecuted, while possession of a magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds is a felony.
Citation? I might be returning to CA sooner than I thought, and making a bee line for the candy store.
After Proposition 47: Crime and No Consequences in California

-
Generally, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine (able to accept more than 10 rounds) in California.
(Pen. Code, §§16150, subd. (b), 30305, 32310.)
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#9

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Doing something about them would make a world of difference.
And that would be?
I'm open to suggestions.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Know what's insane? In California, a theft of less than $950 cannot by law be prosecuted, while possession of a magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds is a felony.
After Proposition 47: Crime and No Consequences in California

-
Generally, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine (able to accept more than 10 rounds) in California.
(Pen. Code, §§16150, subd. (b), 30305, 32310.)
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#9
That is why many businesses have signs warning you not to leave valuables in your car. It is a good idea anyway, but in California it happens frequently because the cops don't do anything about it. Try calling the police and saying your car window was smashed and stuff stolen. They are not interested.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Screwtape - is there a nuanced difference between micturation and urination, or are the both just pissing?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Don't worry about California. Soon $950 will buy nothing but a candy bar.

John D

Post by John D »

Woo Hoo! Had a blast un-following a bunch of my family today on Tardbook.

My 1/2 black nephew posts on Facebook "Hey white people .... how can you object to us destroying things when you burned shoes to protest Collin Kapernick?" And I stared at one of the stupidest comments I had ever seen.... and I just un-followed him. My wife was a bit upset that I didn't engage him and explain that white people were burning THEIR OWN SHOES.... not someone elses shoes. But, I explained to her that anything I do at this point will not help..... and I no longer care.

Seriously. I can't care anymore.

Let the cities burn. I don't care. The people who live in the big cities have made their own shit and they can live in it. Fuck it. Don't care.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sometimes I get so sick of the black morons pissing on my doorstep, blasting shit music I can't escape-- even at the back of my apartment, yelling, fighting, stumbling around.

I reach for the 'antidote'. Such as listening to a song by War. To remind myself why I used to love & respect black culture.

Today I watched 'Do The Right Thing'. Which once meant a lot to me. I didn't expect it to hold-up. But it did. I'm impressed that Spike Lee left plenty of room for a viewer to identify with Danny Aiello's pizza-shop-owner character. Just as much as Radio Rahim. Pretty-amazing, to look back & know I thought Giancarlo Esposito's wannabe-black-power-radical-activist character-- Buggin' Out-- was righteous & sane, back when I was young.

==
I been having a go-nowhere conversation with jap/chink girlfriend. She insists police are a friendly-neighborhood presence in Japan. Polite & businesslike, even when they're dealing with someone who doesn't really deserve respect. Sure, maybe. I think policing Japan might be a different job than policing the USA. Japan might be like being a bouncer in a bar-- early in the evening/ when only a few customers become unruly. The US might be like a bar near closing time-- when the place is simmering with drunks wanting to fight, self-harm, pillage, or just be incoherent... and they all have cameraphones & greedy lawyers. And-- I might prefer the US way. Which is better: a polite place where you don't really have any rights. Or a place where relations with the cops are adversarial-- but you (ideally) have the right to say 'no' and defend yourself from police excesses.

==

Also on my mind are all the fashion labels whose stores have been looted-- the same labels are also issuing statements of support for BlackLivesMatter, and making donations to BLM. And donations to 'bail funds'-- to bail-out the looters? Seems like consensual looting, to me. Why should a cop defend those stores, if the stores 'support' the looters?

I'm also thinking of the way those labels cozy-up to all the urban-influencer shitheads-- who rap about 'Versace versace versace' and Gucci and Louis Vuitton, etc. And about how great it is to be a criminal. Endorsement deals, free clothing & jewelry, expense-paid luxury invitations. Seems like a wonderful partnership-- not a situation with a victim-- who needs to be protected with tax money.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Screwtape - is there a nuanced difference between micturation and urination, or are the both just pissing?
Micturate on the palisade just doesn't have the same ring.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:

Sometimes I get so sick of the black morons pissing on my doorstep, blasting shit music I can't escape-- even at the back of my apartment, yelling, fighting, stumbling around.

I reach for the 'antidote'. Such as listening to a song by War. To remind myself why I used to love & respect black culture.

Today I watched 'Do The Right Thing'. Which once meant a lot to me. I didn't expect it to hold-up. But it did. I'm impressed that Spike Lee left plenty of room for a viewer to identify with Danny Aiello's pizza-shop-owner character. Just as much as Radio Rahim. Pretty-amazing, to look back & know I thought Giancarlo Esposito's wannabe-black-power-radical-activist character-- Buggin' Out-- was righteous & sane, back when I was young.

==
I been having a go-nowhere conversation with jap/chink girlfriend. She insists police are a friendly-neighborhood presence in Japan. Polite & businesslike, even when they're dealing with someone who doesn't really deserve respect. Sure, maybe. I think policing Japan might be a different job than policing the USA. Japan might be like being a bouncer in a bar-- early in the evening/ when only a few customers become unruly. The US might be like a bar near closing time-- when the place is simmering with drunks wanting to fight, self-harm, pillage, or just be incoherent... and they all have cameraphones & greedy lawyers. And-- I might prefer the US way. Which is better: a polite place where you don't really have any rights. Or a place where relations with the cops are adversarial-- but you (ideally) have the right to say 'no' and defend yourself from police excesses.

==

Also on my mind are all the fashion labels whose stores have been looted-- the same labels are also issuing statements of support for BlackLivesMatter, and making donations to BLM. And donations to 'bail funds'-- to bail-out the looters? Seems like consensual looting, to me. Why should a cop defend those stores, if the stores 'support' the looters?

I'm also thinking of the way those labels cozy-up to all the urban-influencer shitheads-- who rap about 'Versace versace versace' and Gucci and Louis Vuitton, etc. And about how great it is to be a criminal. Endorsement deals, free clothing & jewelry, expense-paid luxury invitations. Seems like a wonderful partnership-- not a situation with a victim-- who needs to be protected with tax money.
Thanks for the post Dog...... I still think you should write a book.

I am so torn up. I have always thought my fellow citizens were fucking morons...but this whole thing has rattled me. Watching everything burn... wow... In Detroit, our police chief, Craig, has been strongly enforcing curfews. He has actually prevented looting and damage. The local papers are calling him out for going after "peaceful protesters" but he has personally saved the city. A real hero. He has done more to help black people than anyone I can think of right now.

The Versaces of the world are likely to regret this. There is no long term success in promoting destruction.... well... maybe there is... What the fuck do I know?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I just perused the latest Emerson poll on the Geo Floyd thing and the POTUS election. A few things stood out for me:
1) Nearly all Republicans and independents believe race relations are better than in the 1960's, most Democrats think things are much worse;
2) Nearly a third of Democrats believe torching a police station is an acceptable form of protest;
3) A significant number of respondents who rate Trump unfavorably still say they'll vote for him;
4) Trump supporters are very enthusiastic, Biden support is quite tepid.

Unsurprisingly, support for prosecuting Chauvin, et al., is uniformly very high across all demographics.

I'll leave it to you all to make what you will of all that.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.c ... e-is-split

John D

Post by John D »

Say it.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Someone needs to make a red hat that says "Bunker Inspector".

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Say it.
Dang. The child sacrifice was one of the things I liked most about the Dems.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I find it amazing that Dems think the never-trump Republicans at the Lincoln Project-- are good allies. Kellyanne Conway's lumpy husband is their great hope?

The Lincoln Project's mission statement-- on their website-- is all-about uniting a divided country & ending Trump's divisive presidency.

But Lincoln Project's ads can't contain themselves-- to focus on Trump himself. They keep attacking Trump's supporters. "Deplorables" style.

Is there anything MORE divisive than an ad called "Two Americas"?

==

Today i saw a segment of a White House press briefing. A reporter tried to defend Antifa as not-a-terrorist organization-- in part because they're (supposedly) not an 'organization'. Additionally, the reporter tried to claim Trump doesn't think White Supremacist groups should be designated terror organizations.

Kaleigh McEnany listed examples of the white power types being prosecuted using the terror laws. And then the reporter was like... 'but but but... those are examples of Individual White Supremacists being prosecuted under the terror law, not organizations!' YEAH BITCH?-- well then it seems like individual Antifa shitheads can be prosecuted the same way as they whiteys-- as individuals-- regardless of whether they''re officially an organization. Her first complaint entirely contradicted her second complaint.

Then Kaleigh McEnany pointed-out that antifa rioters have defaced the Lincoln Monument, site of MLK's March on Washington and ' I Have A Dream Speech'.
==

Trump's opponents have an unreconciled identity-crisis. On one hand-- they want to take the HIgh Road-- campaign that they're holier than Trump.
On the other hand-- they want to stoop to Trump's level-- hit below the belt/ beat trump at his own game/ take the Low Road.

They fluctuate. So they ruin their High Road cred with sporadic Low Road stunts. And sabotage their Low Road capability with sporadic High Road preening.

==

I think the Lincoln Project republicans will keep making weird, off-putting ads with Democrat donors' money-- because that's all Lincoln Project can do. They can't actually make ads which highlight some deep common agenda they all share... because they don't share a deep common agenda. They both hate Trump. Beyond that-- the hot war is already burning in the streets. I predict Lincoln Project won't be able to maintain a guise of internal unity. It's halves will turn on each other before they defeat Trump.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You might think that covid isolation has caused desolation - but for others it's been inspiration...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Service Dog wrote:
[...]

Trump's opponents have an unreconciled identity-crisis. On one hand-- they want to take the HIgh Road-- campaign that they're holier than Trump.
On the other hand-- they want to stoop to Trump's level-- hit below the belt/ beat trump at his own game/ take the Low Road.

They fluctuate. So they ruin their High Road cred with sporadic Low Road stunts. And sabotage their Low Road capability with sporadic High Road preening.

[...]
Reminds me of the quote "Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It". Trump is very good at taking the low road, so anyone who tries to beat him at it is bound to lose. Also, I think he uses his Twitter account to distract the press when something is going on that he doesn't want the press to cover anymore. The press takes the bait every time.

Interesting that the quote has been attributed to many people but there is not evidence for any of them actually saying it:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/07/08/pig/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 pm
They keep attacking Trump's supporters. "Deplorables" style.

Is there anything MORE divisive than an ad called "Two Americas"?

Pure Manichaeism -- either you conform like us Good saintly folk, or you're and Evil selfish bastard.

Earlier this week, I attended a 're-open our county' rally. The primary concern expressed there was the needless harm being inflicted on people's economic, mental, and emotional well-being. A teacher and a few parents also were very worried about the effect on children of the ridiculous school opening restrictions -- mandatory mask-wearing, no physical contact whatsoever, locked in one room with a small group of fellow students all day and 6' distancing at that, etc. -- being proposed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I just received and email from the Democratic National Committee informing me that Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and Sandra Bland were "murdered".

Just as TDS is a real thing, White Guilt Mania is, too. The Floyd killing has brought on another severe outbreak of the latter. If the Dems are switching from 'Orange Man Bad' to 'White People Bad', they will get clobbered this November.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 pm
I just perused the latest Emerson poll on the Geo Floyd thing and the POTUS election. A few things stood out for me:
1) Nearly all Republicans and independents believe race relations are better than in the 1960's, most Democrats think things are much worse;
2) Nearly a third of Democrats believe torching a police station is an acceptable form of protest;
3) A significant number of respondents who rate Trump unfavorably still say they'll vote for him;
4) Trump supporters are very enthusiastic, Biden support is quite tepid.

Unsurprisingly, support for prosecuting Chauvin, et al., is uniformly very high across all demographics.

I'll leave it to you all to make what you will of all that.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.c ... e-is-split
Points 2 and 4 suggest that some of this violence results from feelings of impotence. They don't believe Biden can take on Trump and they'd rather burn down the country than face another four years of Trump. They've become accustomed to the new Democrat ethos which is that accepted norms no longer apply because Orange Man very very bad. They've practically been given the green light by the media. I don't know where the so-called moderate Democrats who've watched their party tear down convention (while accusing Trump of doing that) in their hatred of Trump though this was going to end.

I can't imagine how poor white folk in Merka must be feeling. I suspect these BLM activists are aware enough to know who they can safely ask to grovel. TBH I reserve my anger for the grovelers because they are the type of people who have encouraged and rewarded the grievance grifters.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Pure Manichaeism -- either you conform like us Good saintly folk, or you're and Evil selfish bastard.
Well, you know those never Trumpers. They're all human scum. How dare they try to undo all the good work Trump and his supporters have done to unify America.
Dr. Dena Grayson
@DrDenaGrayson
·
May 28
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
🚨Trump retweeted a video saying, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

The man later claims he didn’t mean it in the “physical” sense.🙄

Reminder that Trump has “inspired” his followers to send BOMBS and DEATH THREATS to Democratic leaders.🤬
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· May 27
Thank you Cowboys. See you in New Mexico! twitter.com/RideWithC4T/st…

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ary-police

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Well, you know those never Trumpers. They're all human scum. How dare they try to undo all the good work Trump and his supporters have done to unify America.
Dr. Dena Grayson
@DrDenaGrayson
·
May 28
Replying to
@realDonaldTrump
🚨Trump retweeted a video saying, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

The man later claims he didn’t mean it in the “physical” sense.🙄

Reminder that Trump has “inspired” his followers to send BOMBS and DEATH THREATS to Democratic leaders.🤬
Quote Tweet

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· May 27
Thank you Cowboys. See you in New Mexico! twitter.com/RideWithC4T/st…

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ary-police
Oh, a tu quoque! Just the latest addition to your repertoire of logical fallacy and sophistry, FTP.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Points 2 and 4 suggest that some of this violence results from feelings of impotence. They don't believe Biden can take on Trump and they'd rather burn down the country than face another four years of Trump. They've become accustomed to the new Democrat ethos which is that accepted norms no longer apply because Orange Man very very bad. They've practically been given the green light by the media. I don't know where the so-called moderate Democrats who've watched their party tear down convention (while accusing Trump of doing that) in their hatred of Trump though this was going to end.

I can't imagine how poor white folk in Merka must be feeling. I suspect these BLM activists are aware enough to know who they can safely ask to grovel. TBH I reserve my anger for the grovelers because they are the type of people who have encouraged and rewarded the grievance grifters.
The TDS has convinced them Trump is the worst thing ever to happen to humanity, thus justifying RESISTANCE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. Of course, the soft, white elite in their cushy lives wouldn't raise a fist or a brick, but derive vicarious thrills from watching Antifa and black hooligans.

The elephant in the Democrat's room is the obvious signs of advanced dementia in Biden. Placing Amy Klobuchar on the ticket was viewed by many Dem strategists as an antidote -- the unspoken understanding being we'd effectively be electing someone competent and experienced enough to step into the Oval Office at a moment's notice. But she has a snowball's chance in Hell now, so the running mate will be one of a handful of contentious POCs, each with a penchant for hectoring and white-shaming.

And it's not just the po' white folk who are sick to death of being told they're 'privileged' and everything is their and their inborn racism's fault. I have a few friends, more to the left than me and loyal Dem voters in the past, who are considering either staying home in November -- or even voting for Trump.

free thoughtpolice

Matt: Hardly sophistry to point out that If anything Trump and his pals are far more divisive than his detractors.
You frequently say "It's OK when we do it". How is that different than what I pointed out or is that also a tu quoque argument (not to mention a double tu quo que by me pointing that out)? :P
It isn't a logical fallacy to point out there is divisive rhetoric on both sides of this debate , and arguably more so on the Trump side.
I didn't even disagree with your quote, just pointed out this is hardly a one sided issue.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hilarious.

the clip is from 2016. At 25:00, you can laugh at a frenchman protesting while munching on a baguette. so funny!
A few seconds later, the purple balloon gets coated with tear gas spray.
Then some excellent footage of the cop's excellent moustache.
And then 25:44 the balloon pops near her eyes/ presumably delivering tear gas!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 am
Matt: Hardly sophistry to point out that If anything Trump and his pals are far more divisive than his detractors.
My assertion: the Never-Trumpers demonize their opponents.

Your response: Yeah, but Trumpers do it, too.

How is that not a tu quoque, you fucking mong?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

What is wrong with pointing that out? It certainly isn't a logical fallacy. If you want to point to one side playing dirty I don't see what is wrong with pointing out that the other side is every bit or more dirty.
The tu quoque fallacy occurs when one charges another with hypocrisy or inconsistency in order to avoid taking the other's position seriously
It's the way the game is played and pointing out that both sides do it isn't denying that it is a serious problem, it only serves to show that one side isn't the only guilty party. It would be a fallacy if I said it isn't divisive when anti-Trumpers do it but I didn't say that or intend it.
Are you using a tu quoque fallacy when you point out baboon hypocrisy by saying "it's OK when we do it"?
If you want to argue about debating fairly how about using an ad hominem like If you don't believe with near certainty that the covid outbreak occurred from an escape at the Wuhan lab instead of natural spread from the countryside than you are a communist Chinese useful idiot.
Tu quoque and a gotcha you My Little Pony molester. :P

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote:
Reminds me of the quote "Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It". Trump is very good at taking the low road ....
Heinlein's version also pertains-- to those who seek to improve Trump:

"Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig"

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

What is wrong with pointing that out? It certainly isn't a logical fallacy. If you want to point to one side playing dirty I don't see what is wrong with pointing out that the other side is every bit or more dirty.
Is there symmetry here? I've seen a lot of "everybody who voted for Trump must be racist/is happy to back a racist", I don't recall seeing the same generalized bile coming back in the other direction. Sure SJW's get flack, but I don't think the Trump side tars the average Biden/Bernie/DNC Central Casting Drone supporter as evil in the same way.

It's like the recent Biden gaff about black people, it seems like a core democrat narrative is that them being the good guys and the Republicans (particularly Trump) being the bad guys is self evident, anybody who votes Republican is choosing to vote for the bad guys, and what kind of person would do that?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Damn! Screwed that up good and quoted myself :-)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fafnir wrote: Damn! Screwed that up good and quoted myself :-)
Not to worry - being as you are mythological - just about anything you say will be dismissed as a figment of someone else's imagination anyway.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Late last night I watched Krystal Ball & Sagaar on Joe Rogan.

Rogan has grown comfortable in his mushy middle-ground-- where he can advocate forbidden darkside opinions, but maintain his good-liberal self-image and goodguy status. This time-- Krystal stood her ground as the bleeding-heart-liberal. She justifies looting & rioting as semi-legit uprising of the racial/economic-oppressed. And opposes use of military against them.

Which forced Joe to firmly defend deploying military on US streets, "cracking down", and saying there are "many good cops". Joe Rogan has huge grassroots support-- with blacks as much as anybody-- but I'd expect this stance to be a bridge many blacks won't cross with him-- and I think he'll be surprised to lose them-- so he'll weaken his stance. Turn mushy again.

I came to bed fake-crying, goofing-around, pointing to Rogan vs. Krystal on the laptop, & told my girlfriend "Mom and Dad are fighting! Boo hoo hoo."

==
I guess I'm a kneejerk contrarian. I take a side, argue it to my own satisfaction, then switch teams.

I had dismissed Black Lives Matter years-ago, for their left-academic identitarian nonsense-philosophy. But this week I started to think my opinions about 2015 BLM don't matter. Major new stuff is happening-- this new stuff is also given the name BLM-- so the right-now stuff should be assessed (mostly) apart from the 2015 legacy.

Of course-- the BLM2020 is likely to veer the same way as 2015, nothing learned/ same mistakes repeated/ drop me off again along the way.

Protesters: Black Lives Matter!

Me: That Sounds Like A 'You' Problem.

==
Other truisms I question: "I support the protesters, not the rioters and looters." I am not a fan of useless pink-pussy-hat protests, change-your-facebook-background, everybody-lay-facedown-on-your-driveway-for-8-minutes-for-george-floyd, or whites-who-kneel-to-blacks. If you really believe there's a genocide going-on/ slavery never ended/ etc. Burning down Louis Vuitton is a more proportional virtue-signal.

"This has be come less and less about George Floyd". Wait. Isn't that a good thing? All this activity for one dude? I don't want it to end with one narrow problem highlighted-- racist white cops stop murdering unarmed black men. This is like Ferguson-- the police shooting a guy who shoved a store clerk & stole merchandise & tried to grab a cop's gun. Fuck that punk. Except the ensuing shitshow revealed how Ferguson's revenue model was to criminalize all sorts of benign behavior-- like not mowing your lawn often-enough, to heap fines on poor residents. That's a problem I care about.

"No one can look at the video of the knee on George Floyd's neck and see anything but murder." I'm not so sure. I can easily see it that way. But I also think conditions in this country are similar to a 3rd-world prison, in some neighborhoods. I heard a report about California's prison system-- about how the guards outsource the job of maintaining law&order -- to the prison gangs. A white or black prisoner might attack an opposite-color prisoner. Which could ignite a deadly racewar in the prison. The guards (and opposite gang) might approach the attacker's own gang bosses-- and tell them to punish their own guy/ to de-escalate the situation. I think cops in some neighborhoods are prison gangs patrolling a prisonyard. If a black thug cop crushes a black thug criminal's neck, that might be clear. But if a white thug cop does the same dirty work-- dainty eyes outside the situation might impose a cartoonish narrative on it. Instead of admitting there's an intimate equality between the whitecop & george floyd. They're skin against skin--muscle & bones straining against each other, mixing sweat & spit & piss on each-other. The plantation queen didn't stand out in the sun & personally oversee her slaves. She used a black slave or a white lackey to hold the actual whip.

"There are lots of good cops." Week-before-last, my friend PW went crazy & attacked another friend & fled, & I was asked to find PW & bring him to a psych ward/ voluntarily or involuntarily. That could have ended with my knee on his neck. I'd be mad at him for going crazy, using drugs, & putting me in a potential kill-or-be-killed situation. But I wouldn't like second-guessing about my methods, from anyone who wanted PW to be brought-in, but was unwilling to do that dirtywork themselves. That scenario wouldn't make me 'a good cop'. I'd still be a shitty cop. I'd just want society to admit they shitty cops are a tool they willingly use.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I love all the 'that didn't age well' memes and opinions from month-before-last.

Saw these on someone's facebook, posted in March:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:02 pm
Hilarious.

the clip is from 2016. At 25:00, you can laugh at a frenchman protesting while munching on a baguette. so funny!
A few seconds later, the purple balloon gets coated with tear gas spray.
Then some excellent footage of the cop's excellent moustache.
And then 25:44 the balloon pops near her eyes/ presumably delivering tear gas!

.ttps://youtu.be/jIUSoj4G-1k
Thank you for that Service Dog. Much appreciated.

(sorry ... still funny ... not sorry at all)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: Screwtape - is there a nuanced difference between micturation and urination, or are the both just pissing?
Oh, so many answers spring to mind. I'll be serious. Micturition (nb spelling) and urination are the same thing to the medical profession. Etymologically, one can argue that micturition is the desire to pass urine, whilst urination is the act. But if we are to examine the verb mingere, I'll have to bring in one of my favourite obscure insults: retro-mingent, to pee backwards, like a cat. Keep it in mind, you never know when you'll need it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Thanks, Screwy!

Another retrograde operation I learned about recently was retrograde ejaculation. Got told about it when I went to see my urologist about my prostate, and he suggested the old steam treatment...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There is nothing less liberal than ... a hard core liberal.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: There is nothing less liberal than ... a hard core liberal.

God is senile. Xe aimed xir thunderbolts but was a few days late.
Injured some Stormptroopers though.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/ ... day-night/

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

New Discourses piece that is relevant to the current situation:

https://newdiscourses.com/2020/06/probl ... fragility/

It is about "White Fragility" and Robin DiAngelo. She talked at Evergreen State College before it spiraled out of control. I find it ironic that her talk was part of the "coming together" series.

I like this quote:
“Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” –Eric Hoffer

John D

Post by John D »

Leave it to a black immigrant to know what the real problem is.

But there is nothing to be done. The country has treated blacks like little children since the 60s. Black culture has bought into the idea that they are children. The more candy you give to a baby the more they cry.

So... blacks have not done as well as a group as we thought they would. We thought blacks would somehow rocket up to equality with whites (as a group). They have not. They have not because they are not focused on family and education. They glorify crime and celebrate criminals like they are wild west heroes. I remember in the 1980s when NWA got popular... and even white liberals thought they were cool... and correct. The left said "NO..no... the blacks don't really want to kill copps... they are just telling a story of their frustration." The problem is that a white progressive in suburbia with a 110 IQ and a good salary will not understand a black guy with no education, a 90 IQ and a poor single mother. Hey white bitches.... they were serious... they really wanted to kill cops.

So... so... the truth is that I live in some version of Disney's Negroland. It is a fantasy land... and the theme is: "Guilty white people can do things to help the black barbarians (and if you don't the barbarians get to burn shit)." So done with this. I am just doing home projects and painting my miniatures... and I fucking hate everybody.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: Thanks, Screwy!

Another retrograde operation I learned about recently was retrograde ejaculation. Got told about it when I went to see my urologist about my prostate, and he suggested the old steam treatment...
Any kind of prostatectomy (TURP with hot wire, laser, cryo or thermal, or open retropubic or the really antique transvesical approach) will lead to retrograde ejaculation. I've always wondered, and maybe you will enlighten us if you proceed, whether the protein in the ejaculate coagulates in the acidic urine of the bladder, and you end up peeing out exquisitely lumpy urine?

John D

Post by John D »

and ultimately... I think we should give every negroid person a check for $1000. It will only cost about $45 billion dollars. Hey... who cares about the fucking debt. This way all the rest of us could at least budget for this shit. About every 10 years we need to pay off all the negroids so they will not riot. Problem solved....

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote: and ultimately... I think we should give every negroid person a check for $1000. It will only cost about $45 billion dollars. Hey... who cares about the fucking debt. This way all the rest of us could at least budget for this shit. About every 10 years we need to pay off all the negroids so they will not riot. Problem solved....
Very progressive of you supporting reparations.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote:
Oh, so many answers spring to mind. I'll be serious. Micturition (nb spelling) and urination are the same thing to the medical profession. Etymologically, one can argue that micturition is the desire to pass urine, whilst urination is the act. But if we are to examine the verb mingere, I'll have to bring in one of my favourite obscure insults: retro-mingent, to pee backwards, like a cat. Keep it in mind, you never know when you'll need it.
'You incontinent, retro-mingent pussy, you' makes for a wonderful epithet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

My GF just bought a Mossberg 500 Retrograde, named it "Amos" after the Expanse character. I was given the honor of taking its virginity - 7 1/2 Shot in a decidedly forwards-facing 'ejaculation'.

free thoughtpolice