You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Brive1987 »

Is this a name from the distant elevator-gate past? Or am I imagining things?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone here support (financially or otherwise) the AAI, the FFRF or any of the other various atheist or secularist activist organisations? Or did you support them in the past and stop? If so for what reason?

Curious minds want to know - and after all I am what some might call a most curious individual.
You most certainly are a curious person. Curiouser and curiouser, even.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I used to support the Australian Atheist Foundations, but I stopped about the time the pit started up.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm

You're thinking of Rose St. Clair.

Ashley St. Clair is a relatively nascent conservative activist who seems to like playing at the alt-right boundary.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote: Is this a name from the distant elevator-gate past? Or am I imagining things?

Ashley St. Clair is a relatively nascent conservative activist who appears to like playing on the alt-right boundary.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm

https...://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status/1264002481694158852?s=21

Ashley St. Clair is a relatively nascent conservative activist who seems to like playing at the alt-right boundary.
Ahh. They all sound like strippers, I get confused.

Ta.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

People with St 'Whatever' in their names tend to remind me of Anthony Aloysius St John Hancock.

But that reference may be slightly out of date.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

David Ivor Saint Hubbins?

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone here support (financially or otherwise) the AAI, the FFRF or any of the other various atheist or secularist activist organisations? Or did you support them in the past and stop? If so for what reason?

Curious minds want to know - and after all I am what some might call a most curious individual.
I used to be pretty active with fellow atheists. I donated to FFRF, AA, CFI, and AHA. They all went off the rails and started spending my money on stupid shit. I save my money now and don't donate to any of these groups. If I really wanted to give money to communists I would just donate to the Communist Party.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ looks like a fat mess.

Not much has changed.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

I considered supporting FFRF because I think keeping church and state separate is important. But the more I looked at what they are doing the more I felt like instead of saying "we oppose this action because i is unconstitutional" they were always saying "we oppose this action because ou are a bunch of dumb hicks", which is not productive.

They have always leaned SJW, which seems to make them treat Islam differently than Christianity, so all in all not something I am willing to give money to.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:
He dyed his beard & t-shirt in the same purple vat!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Years ago, when my ex left me, an artist friend-- a guy in his 50's named "PW"-- let me stay in his loft, a few months.

Tonight another artist called & told me PW had a psychotic episode a few nights ago. PW attacked another guy who shares the loft.

Other details, I don't know the order of these:

~PW was running around the neighborhood naked.
~PW was taken to Belleview hospital, but released without a psych evaluation/ because Belleview isn't accepting psych patients/ due to Covid.
~Loftmates changed the locks-- but PW tried to break-back-in.
~The guy who was attacked got a restraining order.
~PW made threats to his brother (with wife & child) in another state-- and they have moved into hiding.
~PW's current whereabouts are unknown.
~PW has been stressed because NY State hasn't processed his unemployment claim.
~He's also been mailing a work of protest art to the White House-- every day for 3 1/2 years, since Trump was elected. He gave that up a week ago. He has a touch of Trump Derangement-- in addition to the professional-manic-derangement of being a post-modern weird artist type. And this current derangement, of course.

The guy who called me has some vague idea of someone (me) calling PW, finding-out where he is, getting him voluntarily (or involuntarily) to a hospital which will accept him for evaluation. I have doubts about the logistics of that-- getting cops & the medical system to cooperate seems like a crapshoot.

The whole thing is a mess. PW lived in that loft since the 90's. Losing his home/ art-studio-- & simultaneously alienating his family-- in a time of broken social-services.... yeesh. I feel an obligation, since he took-me-in in a time of need. But-- that obligation doesn't extend-to putting myself/dog/gf in danger by letting him stay with us... in this condition.

I've seen him be manic before. Not nearly this bad-- just grandiose & racing-mind. I'd guess it could go on 2 or 3 weeks. He's a tough dude--I can easily imagine his mind clearing, him looking at the mess he's made, and deciding to kill himself with the calm determination of putting-down a rabid animal.

I don't see a way for him to land neatly on his feet.

Aristotle's definition of Tragedy was 'pity & fear'. Pity at the wretch whose troubles are worse than our own/ fear that the same could befall us.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’ve been having vivid, exhausting and slightly anxiety-based dreams for a couple of months. Where you remember them in detail for about 20 mins after waking. Which is new.

Last night Service Dog had a cameo.

A disturbing development ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
[img]https...://i.imgur.com../9EunuuN.jpg[/img]
To match his balls.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: I’ve been having vivid, exhausting and slightly anxiety-based dreams for a couple of months. Where you remember them in detail for about 20 mins after waking. Which is new.

Your personality is more in-control. Mine's more unraveled, anxious. Makes sense I'd show up in anxiety dream. Also-- interesting to find a 'service dog' in the subconscious underworld.

I recently binge-watched all 201 episodes of The Office-- over 2 or 3 weeks. Numbing escapism from covid & my elderly dog getting close to death. Had a few Office dreams.

There's a blog where I argued politics, since before 9/11/2001. After long absence, I started posting there 6 months ago. I've gone from anti-Dubya (like everyone there) to not-anti-"Drumpf"-enough, to suit them. I started having not-quite-awake morning-headache muddled ruminations, about the blog. They banned me a week ago. With no real cause-- just TDS. No more headache dreams!

Now I have this PW guy to worry about. But I don't feel worried, this morning. My dog's health is still bad, but stable. Every morning I wake-up & he's sleeping hard from overnight pain pill. I've gotten-past freaking-out about his end-of-life. It's just a peaceful reality now.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I've been locked in so would have probably not been able to celebrate it anyway - however I still managed to miss World Turtle Day (again).

Which was yesterday - Saturday 23rd May.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ looks like a fat mess.

Not much has changed.
Are you following him on instagram or just popping in from time to time to see what he is up to?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Holy shit, you're right. He dyed his beard purple. Now all that's left is dying his hair piss yellow and his quest for Pee (Purple) Zed would be complete.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: I used to be pretty active with fellow atheists. I donated to FFRF, AA, CFI, and AHA. They all went off the rails and started spending my money on stupid shit. I save my money now and don't donate to any of these groups. If I really wanted to give money to communists I would just donate to the Communist Party.
I saw a message from the guy that runs the Mythvision youtube channel - that Robert M Price had fallen on hard times, or is at least struggling a bit.

If his patreon page is accurate - he seems to be doing better than some:

https://www.patreon.com/robertmprice

Also, on a more tenuous tangent, Jackson Crawford is doing good work (He's not particularly loquacious on the topic of his own beliefs - downright taciturn you might say - but from what I gather the Norse re-constructurist heathens seem to appreciate was he does).

He's working on a series for 'The Great Courses' lectures.

And of course there's role playing games & models if you really have any money burning a hole in your pocket. (As you already know).

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Service Dog wrote: Aristotle's definition of Tragedy was 'pity & fear'. Pity at the wretch whose troubles are worse than our own/ fear that the same could befall us.
Mania is the really scary kind of psychosis, and by far the most damaging and dangerous. I worked as a resident at the psychiatry wing of a general hospital on the outskirts of London for a while in the early 80's. We would regularly meet up with Hans. Hans was the embarrassing member of a successful family of German emigrés, whose anglicised surname appears on an extremely popular word-based board game, since leaving it like the Third Reich's armaments minister's name was not gemütlich. Poor Hans, he took 400mg of chlorpromazine four times a day, plus lithium and didn't slow down a bit. Being a big and heavy man, he ended up on a barbiturate four times a day as well, maybe pentobarbitone. Despite all that, he would still keep moving restlessly, staggering around leaving a trail of drool like a snail. A couple of days of that and we did the humane thing and started ECT (excellent treatment for mania, rather better than it is for depression perhaps). I remember one admission where he had travelled to Canterbury for the express purpose of heckling the Archbishop in the cathedral. You've just got to love someone who would do such a thing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Robert M Price had fallen on hard times, or is at least struggling a bit.
I know he's had health issues.

Rene Salm, who took a hiatus to concentrate on his music composition, is back to blogging in force, with an extended series of posts parsing the intriguing Gospel of Barnabas, and now a series on Yeshu ha Notsri [a.k.a., "Jesus the Nazarene"] the first century BC renegade Pharisee who Salm and others identify as the source of many Jesus traditions.

http://www.mythicistpapers.com/2020/05/ ... roduction/

Salm's blog is really all I read at this point. I used to spend way too much time at Vridar, but had to step away. For, despite fascinating content, the blog's operators and many of the commenters were just thoroughly nasty individuals.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Some eagle trivia that some might find surprising. They will attack and kill prey that are substantially larger than them, and they are good swimmers. I have seen them swimming to shore from hundreds of yards out.
I did see an eagle attack a medium large dog that was swimming just off the beach once similar to this attack on a yearling Harbor Seal:
https://www.surreynowleader.com/trendin ... t-in-time/
This is pushing it a bit for the eagle because the seal is denser than water (will sink when dead), probably twice as heavy as the eagle, and as the bird's talons frequently lock on their prey it may not be able to unclasp if it was being dragged under.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyone still interested in the statement analysis / body language topic can try their hand at this appeal video from Barry Morphew, whose wife has been missing since supposedly going on a bike ride on Mother's Day:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:23 am
Some eagle trivia that some might find surprising. They will attack and kill prey that are substantially larger than them, and they are good swimmers. I have seen them swimming to shore from hundreds of yards out.
I did see an eagle attack a medium large dog that was swimming just off the beach once similar to this attack on a yearling Harbor Seal:
This is pushing it a bit for the eagle because the seal is denser than water (will sink when dead), probably twice as heavy as the eagle, and as the bird's talons frequently lock on their prey it may not be able to unclasp if it was being dragged under.
Eagles have been used to hunt Steppe wolves so I'm not surprised. I would imagine that the plan is to come in from behind and drive the talons through something vital in the neck/skull region and I'd also imagine they can get themselves into trouble if the strike goes wrong. I'm mystified as to how birds manage to prey on venomous snakes though. A snake, especially one like a puff adder with long fangs, can bite a handler if they don't grip it as close as possible to the head, so how birds manage to fly off gripping a live snake around the centre of its body is a mystery.

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Eagles have been used to hunt Steppe wolves so I'm not surprised. I would imagine that the plan is to come in from behind and drive the talons through something vital in the neck/skull region and I'd also imagine they can get themselves into trouble if the strike goes wrong.
Yes, they seem to target the back of the neck and somewhat the spine. Ideally, they dive in at speed and thrust the talons forward to provide a hard strike.
Even without the extra strike the talons are extremely strong and dangerous. A friend of mine tried to rescue an eagle with a broken wing and it flipped over on its back and grabbed his hand and wrist so hard that the claws went through his hand completely and to the bone on his wrist. Fortunately, there was someone there to rescue him and was able to pry the talons apart without ripping out a major blood vessel or he would have been fucked.
As it was, it took months before he could get even partial use of his hand back.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:

I’ve been having vivid, exhausting and slightly anxiety-based dreams for a couple of months. Where you remember them in detail for about 20 mins after waking. Which is new.

Hmm. Lumping all mortality data together without any consideration of mortality by what or by age, etc. One would expect improved health outcomes and extended lifetimes in certain types of disease since 1990, and since no one gets out of here alive, a population with a typical distribution would be expected to have a similar stock of people shuffling off the coil.

As for your fantasies about Service Dog ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Hmm. Lumping all mortality data together without any consideration of mortality by what or by age, etc. One would expect improved health outcomes and extended lifetimes in certain types of disease since 1990, and since no one gets out of here alive, a population with a typical distribution would be expected to have a similar stock of people shuffling off the coil.

As for your fantasies about Service Dog ...
The (debatable) point here is whether the measurable national existential threat posed by economic shutdown was reflected by an existential and measurable increase in deaths in a country which refused this approach.

As to your deflection. I’m not sure if recent technology in Sweden over the past couple of decades has really improved things in a material fashion. Rather I’d expect a slight increase in deaths given increasing Type 2 and the influx of, um, how do we say this? - ah, “third world economic invaders”.

I’d love to read the history of lock down in thirty or forty years time.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

NSW Health says we won’t be going back into lockdown

Clever plan.

I’d point out however that we never had “systemic state wide community transmission”.

:think:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 54w77.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Free YouTube Workout Program by Igor Voitenko

This dude takes push-ups to the next level and beyond.

http://igorvoitenko.com/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Eagles have been used to hunt Steppe wolves so I'm not surprised. I would imagine that the plan is to come in from behind and drive the talons through something vital in the neck/skull region and I'd also imagine they can get themselves into trouble if the strike goes wrong. I'm mystified as to how birds manage to prey on venomous snakes though. A snake, especially one like a puff adder with long fangs, can bite a handler if they don't grip it as close as possible to the head, so how birds manage to fly off gripping a live snake around the centre of its body is a mystery.
Don't know about snakes, but it's quite fun to put a camera on an eagle's back and set it off after some hares:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

The only remarkable thing about this photo is that I took it standing right in the middle of my living room! The eagle was sitting in a tree behind the house checking out a raccoon carcass.
Eagle1.jpg
(158.49 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In total there are 45 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

really?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:25 am
The only remarkable thing about this photo is that I took it standing right in the middle of my living room! The eagle was sitting in a tree behind the house checking out a raccoon carcass.

Eagle1.jpg
No photos, but my father once walked into the living room to find a large hawk perched on one of the hifi speakers. It was obviously reared by humans as it came back a few times to be fed. I only saw it once and I can tell you that a hawk sitting in the middle of a mown lawn is a strange sight.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Don't know about snakes, but it's quite fun to put a camera on an eagle's back and set it off after some hares:

This is one of the best Nova episodes I have seen in years. Really worth a watch.

https://www.pbs.org/video/eagle-power-zoo1gc/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Well worth a read:

Ahmaud Arbery’s death was horrible—but was it racist?

By the excellent Coleman Hughes, who gets away with such wrongthink cuz he's black.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Well worth a read:

Ahmaud Arbery’s death was horrible—but was it racist?

By the excellent Coleman Hughes, who gets away with such wrongthink cuz he's black.
I think he's tolerated by the identity politics left because he writes mainly for relatively small publications that are already perceived as anti-identitarian. Going after him now will just signal boost him. When he inevitably gets a columnist offer from the likes of The Atlantic, WashPo, or the NYT, all hell will break loose.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

screwtape wrote: The only remarkable thing about this photo is that I took it standing right in the middle of my living room! The eagle was sitting in a tree behind the house checking out a raccoon carcass.

Eagle1.jpg
I always love the sternly confident look bald eagles have when on the hunt. Of course, that's a big reason why they were chosen as a U.S. symbol.

There are occasional real sightings in the Toronto area, but usually when a bird resembling a bald eagle is spotted in the air, it turns out to be a turkey vulture, which is remarkably similar looking while in flight. They don't make many shortlists for national symbol.
https://www.marylandzoo.org/wp-content/ ... 24x683.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jugheadnaut wrote:
screwtape wrote: The only remarkable thing about this photo is that I took it standing right in the middle of my living room! The eagle was sitting in a tree behind the house checking out a raccoon carcass.

Eagle1.jpg
I always love the sternly confident look bald eagles have when on the hunt. Of course, that's a big reason why they were chosen as a U.S. symbol.

There are occasional real sightings in the Toronto area, but usually when a bird resembling a bald eagle is spotted in the air, it turns out to be a turkey vulture, which is remarkably similar looking while in flight. They don't make many shortlists for national symbol.
https://www.marylandzoo.org/wp-content/ ... 24x683.jpg
We have a ton of them here in Freeland - we have a bluff property on Admiralty Inlet, and have a dozen or more sighting every day. They may look impressive (yes, they do), but they have the wimpiest call for a bird of that magnificence. The Ospreys have been back for about six weeks now. I think they are more impressive that the eagles...

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Lsuoma wrote: ... they have the wimpiest call for a bird of that magnificence.
Yes, for some reason it became conventional wisdom that bald eagles have this magnificently penetrating shriek, like in the Mount Doom rescue scene in Return of the King. But that's actually the call of a red-tailed hawk. Bald eagles just chirp in a manner that is well described by 'wimpy'.

free thoughtpolice

jugheadnaut wrote:
When you know what to look for and have some experience spotting the differences they can be distinguished fairly easy in flight even at a considerable distance.
The Turkey Vulture holds their wings in a V shape when gliding, soaring, and catching thermals while Bald Eagles hold their wings on more of a flat plane. Also, Buzzards also have proportionately smaller heads that they pull back to their shoulders when in flight.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Best raptor call I have lived with would be the buzzards in west Wales. At the same time as we enjoyed the call, we had to hate them for their actions in lambing season.

I rather wish the bird on the county arms of Witshire - the Great Bustard - hadn't gone extinct before I arrived. Though at least that meant there was only one of us in the county...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: jugheadnaut wrote:
When you know what to look for and have some experience spotting the differences they can be distinguished fairly easy in flight even at a considerable distance.
The Turkey Vulture holds their wings in a V shape when gliding, soaring, and catching thermals while Bald Eagles hold their wings on more of a flat plane. Also, Buzzards also have proportionately smaller heads that they pull back to their shoulders when in flight.
Turkey Vultures also tend to tip side-to-side when soaring. I see many Turkey Vultures and some Bald Eagles. The Bald Eagles are around in the spring and fall. I think they are going to/from the Mississippi River where many of them overwinter. I am on a small creek that eventually ends up in the Mississippi.

John D

Post by John D »

Also, eagles have a decidedly rectangular shape to their wings which allows experienced birders (such as myself) to recognize an eagle with reliability even when compared to hawks, vultures, or harriers. Know your silhouettes. Here is a post from some guy in Canada that is pretty good. I have some books that are better.... but this is a start.

http://fauconeduc.biz/documents/BOPSilh ... Eweb12.pdf

John D

Post by John D »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Yes, for some reason it became conventional wisdom that bald eagles have this magnificently penetrating shriek, like in the Mount Doom rescue scene in Return of the King. But that's actually the call of a red-tailed hawk. Bald eagles just chirp in a manner that is well described by 'wimpy'.
Eagles kind of croak in my opinion. I can't help but laugh when people mess up bird noises and such in films. My biggest birding bitch is that the "robin" in Disney's original Mary Poppins is a North American robin.... but the movie is set in London. Haha. The robin in Europe is a smaller kind of tit (not boobs... okay)... and the North American Robin in a thrush of twice the size. Life!!!! It is maddening! Can't anybody get this shit right!?!?

John D

Post by John D »

and further.... I saw a life bird about two weeks ago. A Bell's Vireo was on my flowering tree for about an hour. Detroit is on the very Eastern edge of this bird's range so I can brag about this one. Very seldom seen here. I doubted myself at first but the bird stayed in my yard so long I am sure I had the correct identification. Suck it bitches!!!!!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I saw a sparrow today.

Even though they've been quite rare in London in recent years - there's probably no special providence to that.

But it's nice to think that in their fall (or controlled flight) to the ground - someone noticed.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Crap. You weren't supposed to notice the sparrow.

Guest_b9ce3bff

Post by Guest_b9ce3bff »

Skepchick’s Elyse Anders is doing her usual media work to promote herself still. EB Cotenord as she says in her podcast too.

chicagotribune com /coronavirus/ct-sex-workers-covid-coronavirus-chicago-20200521-oohdho3zpze77e4bjwncdykmlq-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0URdU8bCRJz73HcYHtwqck0YOvvxJCtQowir4d0Y5OPeqN0-2ELYgaoRo

Like a lot of people in these months of quarantine, E.B. Cotenord is having a tough time making ends meet. COVID-19 has made it too risky to pursue her profession as she normally does, so she’s working from home, putting in crazy hours and making a fraction of her former earnings.
What’s different about Cotenord is her job.

She is a full-service sex worker, otherwise known as an escort, whose services normally command $500 an hour. She stopped seeing clients shortly after Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced the first stay-at-home order in March, switching her business model almost overnight to subscription video and phone sex.

“It’s a really rough transition,” said Cotenord, who lives in the north suburbs. “It’s definitely not as profitable. The grind is a lot harder. I’m putting in 70-hour weeks of taking calls and creating content to make, at the end of a 10-hour day, half of what I make in an hour doing my full-service work.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 am
Crap. You weren't supposed to notice the sparrow.
I know.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

“The grind is a lot harder.”

Somehow I doubt that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote:
Also, eagles have a decidedly rectangular shape to their wings which allows experienced birders (such as myself) to recognize an eagle with reliability even when compared to hawks, vultures, or harriers. Know your silhouettes. Here is a post from some guy in Canada that is pretty good. I have some books that are better.... but this is a start.

http://fauconeduc.biz/documents/BOPSilh ... Eweb12.pdf
Learn your jizz.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

John D wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Eagles kind of croak in my opinion. I can't help but laugh when people mess up bird noises and such in films. My biggest birding bitch is that the "robin" in Disney's original Mary Poppins is a North American robin.... but the movie is set in London. Haha. The robin in Europe is a smaller kind of tit (not boobs... okay)... and the North American Robin in a thrush of twice the size. Life!!!! It is maddening! Can't anybody get this shit right!?!?
I knew a sound designer who, when he heard about an actual cherry orchard being chopped down, rushed out to record the sound to use in a production of The Cherry Orchard.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Eagles kind of croak in my opinion.
We have the Michigan variety of eagles out here too. They have pale undersides and green backs with black spots and swim around in ponds with long webbed legs that come out of the rear of their body.
We call them frogs.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: John D wrote:
Eagles kind of croak in my opinion.
We have the Michigan variety of eagles out here too. They have pale undersides and green backs with black spots and swim around in ponds with long webbed legs that come out of the rear of their body.
We call them frogs.
I guess it is more like a squawk than a croak. And I usually see two or three eagles a year in the Detroit area. You just have to know where to look.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmu ... neagle.htm

free thoughtpolice

I have 2 nests near my house. One is about 2 hundreds yards away, the other 500 yards in the other direction. The pair from the near nest fly back and forth all day and more vocal than usual. I hear them calling back and forth basically hourly for the last few months and I've lived here for decades.
I'm never heard an eagle croak. More like a creaking door and some high pitched whistling. :P

Keating

Post by Keating »

I just get magpies

free thoughtpolice

Keating wrote: I just get magpies

Aussie birds are a different story. It wouldn't surprise me if their eagles croaked.