You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I hope things are copasetic between John D and the missus, cuz his state's Gauleiter governor has banned travel between residences:
Beginning Saturday morning, previously permitted travel between two Michigan residences will end, including jumping in the car to visit a friend, or even walking across the street to watch TV with a neighbor.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 129316002/

Michiganders are also forbidden from buying seeds or paint. For some reason the purchase of lottery tickets was deemed essential. :think:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: Happy Zombie Day to Bhurzum.
Fanks, mate.

Here, feast yer peepers/lugs on this!

(I'm in love/lust with this woman!)

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:48 pm
I hope things are copasetic between John D and the missus, cuz his state's Gauleiter governor has banned travel between residences:
Beginning Saturday morning, previously permitted travel between two Michigan residences will end, including jumping in the car to visit a friend, or even walking across the street to watch TV with a neighbor.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 129316002/

Michiganders are also forbidden from buying seeds or paint. For some reason the purchase of lottery tickets was deemed essential. :think:
Our Governor is a ninny. She is super over-protective and her fans love her for it. I actually voted Libertarian for governor in Michigan because the dems had the ninny Whitmer, and the reps had a evil maniacal ex-prosecutor. No good choices. Our prior governor (Snyder) was a really good guy in my opinion and ran the state super well. He saved Detroit through and amazing bankruptcy... but... through almost no fault of his own, he was blamed for the Flint water crisis. So... Michigan voters picked an over-protective ninny for a governor. She has been very ineffective so far except that she is famous for being the first governor in the US to illegally ban vaping. Her ban was overturned in the courts. She is on the short list for Biden's VP. I am not sure if I hope for her to run because we would be left with an inexperienced toady as vice-governor (Gilchrist).

In Michigan they are making stores close down certain sections of the store. So if you go to Walmart you can buy groceries, but you can't buy seeds to plant your garden. This is one of the most draconian of all the states. The news in Michigan has also focused on why COVID-19 is hitting blacks at three times the rate as whites. There is already a big government commission on this. They need all kinds of experts to figure out why this is happening. Shit... they just need to ask me. 1) Detroit is our high density city and it is almost entirely black. This is where the virus is spreading. 2) Blacks are disproportionately poor which means they has more trouble with health care, co-morbidity, and distancing. 3) Blacks in Detroit are still having giant block parties since everyone is off work. Sorry, but white folks just don't do this. There... commission conclusion is complete.... now pay me the million dollars you will spend on the commission.

Michigan has the third largest number of COVID-19 cases in the US. This is really surprising since Michigan is not a large state. What happened is that we have the auto industry. So... compared to almost every other state, we have more Chinese and Italian travelers. At this point, doctors are saying most of our cases came from Europe. This is caused by three letters; "FCA". Fiat Chrysler of America is run by Italians from Fiat. The stories are pretty funny here at Chrysler because Americans think the Italians look like mobsters. They dress in really good European suits... and the Americans wear polo shirts... haha. An interesting detail in these interesting times. So, it's the degos that did this to us... haha.

My wife and I are getting along better than we have in years. It has been really encouraging. She started seeing a therapist on a regular basis. She can still see her on zoom during the lock-down. It has had the effect of getting her to become more active and more open with me. We have recently started seeing the therapist once per week together. There is no magic to it, the therapist just gives us an independent format to discuss our relationship. What has been the most improved is that my wife has stopped directing all her personal issues on to me. Also, everything my daughter and I have been telling her has been repeated by her independent therapist. And... to be honest... at the same time I have decided to do what I can to improve. I was in a head-space where I was mostly interested in avoiding her... not helpful. Thanks for asking.... haha.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:
Fanks, mate.

She can't play with her thumb over the neck... would not do.

John D

Post by John D »

People have setup Facebook groups in Michigan who hate the Governor.... haha.
Whitmer.jpg
(37.59 KiB) Downloaded 1548 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Fanks, mate.

She can't play with her thumb over the neck... would not do.
I'll quite gladly show her my fingering technique!

/crude

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Our Governor is a ninny.... She has been very ineffective so far except that she is famous for being the first governor in the US to illegally ban vaping. Her ban was overturned in the courts...
In Michigan they are making stores close down certain sections of the store. So if you go to Walmart you can buy groceries, but you can't buy seeds to plant your garden. This is one of the most draconian of all the states.
One thing the China Virus has highlighted is the Left's fondness for authoritarianism and conformity to the point of abrogating constitutional rights. I thought it was just the SJWs, but nearly everyone on the Left holds these sentiments it seems. When I was young, it was the other way 'round. The party on the left is now the party on the right. And the beards have grown longer overnight.

The news in Michigan has also focused on why COVID-19 is hitting blacks at three times the rate as whites. There is already a big government commission on this. They need all kinds of experts to figure out why this is happening. Shit... they just need to ask me. 1) Detroit is our high density city and it is almost entirely black. This is where the virus is spreading. 2) Blacks are disproportionately poor which means they has more trouble with health care, co-morbidity, and distancing. 3) Blacks in Detroit are still having giant block parties since everyone is off work. Sorry, but white folks just don't do this. There... commission conclusion is complete.... now pay me the million dollars you will spend on the commission.
4) More blacks in MI are smokers than whites.

Ugh makes me want to scream. They're called "confounding factors", you dumbasses.

Fiat Chrysler of America is run by Italians from Fiat. The stories are pretty funny here at Chrysler because Americans think the Italians look like mobsters. They dress in really good European suits...
They pack sexy pistols, too.
My wife and I are getting along better than we have in years. It has been really encouraging. She started seeing a therapist on a regular basis. She can still see her on zoom during the lock-down. It has had the effect of getting her to become more active and more open with me. We have recently started seeing the therapist once per week together. There is no magic to it, the therapist just gives us an independent format to discuss our relationship. What has been the most improved is that my wife has stopped directing all her personal issues on to me. Also, everything my daughter and I have been telling her has been repeated by her independent therapist. And... to be honest... at the same time I have decided to do what I can to improve. I was in a head-space where I was mostly interested in avoiding her... not helpful. Thanks for asking.... haha.
Glad to hear it. But really, I was just using your marital issues as a cheap segue to the link I wanted to share. ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
Fanks, mate.

https://glinner.co.uk/content/images/2019/06/DM.png
John D wrote: She can't play with her thumb over the neck... would not do.

Danielle thumb you necky longtime.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A little Easter themed content. I hope this may give you some spiritual solace.

free thoughtpolice

some guy

Post by some guy »

So ya think this covid-19 situation means yet another delay in the release of Heina Dadabhoy's book?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

some guy wrote: So ya think this covid-19 situation means yet another delay in the release of Heina Dadabhoy's book?
How dare you deadname Mister Eli Daddyboy?!

What part of "Estimated Delivery November 2012" don't you understand?!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

University SJW "Decolonize" activist booked on multiple felony charges for staging a series of fake racist attacks:

https://www.newsweek.com/racist-threats ... ay-1497533

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Has he thumped his last eckie?
I get that reference.
So do I.

Good times.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Very well-written essay explaining, and praising, the US Constitution and our federal system of government:

https://www.realcleareducation.com/arti ... 10408.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice

So there was a demonstration against social distancing and other rules around the covid "hoax" by a small group of people. The news service blurred out their faces which I think is unfortunate. It would be nice if their neighbors and other acquaintances would be able to see who these people are.
covid truthers.PNG
(724.71 KiB) Downloaded 1518 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

From what I hear David Icke's free speech is also being suppressed because he dared to speak up about the great hoax.

Will no one come to his defense?

First they came for those that spoke truth to power about the predatory lizard elites - but I said nothing because the predatory lizard elites had done nothing to me.

etc, etc...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

State Department cables warned of safety issues at Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses

Two years before the novel coronavirus pandemic upended the world, U.S. Embassy officials visited a Chinese research facility in the city of Wuhan several times and sent two official warnings back to Washington about inadequate safety at the lab, which was conducting risky studies on coronaviruses from bats.
[….]
The cables warned about safety and management weaknesses at the WIV lab and proposed more attention and help. The first cable ... also warns that the lab’s work on bat coronaviruses and their potential human transmission represented a risk of a new SARS-like pandemic.
[….]
There are similar concerns about the nearby Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention lab….
[….]
‘The idea that it was just a totally natural occurrence is circumstantial. The evidence it leaked from the lab is circumstantial. Right now, the ledger on the side of it leaking from the lab is packed with bullet points and there’s almost nothing on the other side.’

[T]he Chinese government’s original story — that the virus emerged from a seafood market in Wuhan — is shaky. Research by Chinese experts published in the Lancet in January showed the first known patient, identified on Dec. 1, had no connection to the market, nor did more than one-third of the cases in the first large cluster. Also, the market didn’t sell bats.

free thoughtpolice

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7086482/
An outbreak of cases of pneumonia of unknown aetiology in the city of Wuhan in Hubei Province, China, was announced and notified to the World Health Organization (WHO) by the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission on 31 December 20191. The outbreak was linked epidemiologically to the Hua Nan seafood and wet animal wholesale market in Wuhan, and the market was subsequently closed on 1 January 2020. A week later, on 7 January, the isolation of a previously unknown betacoronavirus was reported as the aetiological agent.
How this virus moved from animal to human populations is yet to be determined. The outbreak clearly began epidemiologically at the Wuhan market, and a number of environmental samples from around the live animal section of the market were subsequently found to be positive for SARS-CoV-212, but based on current evidence, it may not have actually emerged in the market. The earliest recognised case of infection with SARS-CoV-2 was an elderly and infirm man who developed symptoms on 1 December 2019. None of his family members became infected, and the source of his virus remains unknown13. Furthermore, 14 of the first 41 cases had no contact with the seafood market13. In another report, five of the first seven cases of COVID-19 had no link to the seafood market14. Thus, it seems very likely that the virus was amplified in the market, but the market might not have been the site of origin nor the only source of the outbreak. A recent phylo-epidemiological study has suggested that the virus was circulating but unrecognised in November, and was imported to the seafood market from elsewhere, where it subsequently was amplified15.
That's from about a month ago. I wouldn't be surprised if covid19 hasn't been in the population from the countryside that gather bats and bat guano and spread undetected for some time before hitching a ride to the city and showed up on the doorstep of a facility designed to test for it.
But who knows?

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Here's a glass raised to Parody Accountant who loved himself some NZ punk.

This takes me back.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Did anyone apart from me know who Parody Accountant actually was?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

No, but has he died?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dunno.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Did anyone apart from me know who Parody Accountant actually was?
A dry drunk. He was funny when boozing, intolerable on the wagon. Insulted my mother and my horses.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:13 am
Yeah.

Last I heard from him was Feb 29.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if covid19 hasn't been in the population from the countryside that gather bats and bat guano and spread undetected for some time before hitching a ride to the city and showed up on the doorstep of a facility designed to test for it.
Yunnan province, 600 miles away. It didn't need to "hitch a ride"; Shi collected infected bats in Yunnan and transported them herself to her Wuhan lab. Shi was criticized by the international scientific community in 2015 for her "risky" act of genetically modifying bat coronavirii to be more virulent in humans. Numerous red flags were flown about the lack of safety procedures at the Wuhan lab. Concerns were raised that the Center's director was young and inexperienced, and only got the job thanks to her husband's influence in the Communist Party.

Bats, from Yunnan or anywhere, aren't sold at the Wuhan wet market. They are, however, kept in the Wuhan lab with the sub-standard safety procedures. Patient Zero had no connection to the wet market. Yet, despite mounting evidence to the contrary, you still doggedly cling to the supposition that CoViD-19 outbreak was sparked by a random zoonotic transmission.

But who knows?
The first doctor to raise the alarm was silenced, and has since died, supposedly from the virus. Several other doctors and researchers who spoke out have disappeared. Local journalists who reported on the outbreak and local conditions have disappeared. News articles and scientific papers have gone into the Memory Hole. The lab that released the virus genome was shut down by the PLA for "rectification". Shi was threatened into silence. Her initial finding, that CoViD-19 was nearly identical to SARS, was suppressed. She now publicly declares -- employing the formulaic phrasing of a self-incriminating Party member -- the outbreak to be "nature's punishment for humans' uncivilised life habits."

It's become increasingly clear that the CCP knows very well how this happened, and with ruthless alacrity suppressed the evidence. They also know that cries of 'racism' could enlist knee-jerk SJWs in the West in their propaganda and disinformation campaign. So get yourself a little red star to wear, cuz you're a member of that Useful Idiot's Brigade.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: No, but has he died?
Sid's not dead.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

today:

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Mathematician John Horton Conway, inventor of the Game of Life, Hackenbush, and Sprouts, discoverer of Conway's Field, the grand antiprism, and lots of other stuff, has died of COVID-19. He was 82.

His books Winning Ways for Your Mathematical Plays and The Symmetries of Things are truly extraordinary examples of fine typography.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

KiwiInOz wrote: Here's a glass raised to Parody Accountant who loved himself some NZ punk.

-snip video-

This takes me back.
Aww thanks pal. I miss all of you so much. Kiwi check your PM in a bit - you might be shocked.

I still keep tabs with my Service Dog. I am so bored and I miss this crowd quite a bit. Holy shit, also I feel like I've probably missed so many flounces, and I don't even know what ended up happening to the FTB crowd? Have they continued their decline into obscurity? Anybody change their minds and 'become sane' in the last few years?

Long live the slime pit.

Oh, and are you still doing end-of-year awards? Maybe I can just catch up on that thread.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
It's become increasingly clear that the CCP knows very well how this happened, and with ruthless alacrity suppressed the evidence. They also know that cries of 'racism' could enlist knee-jerk SJWs in the West in their propaganda and disinformation campaign. So get yourself a little red star to wear, cuz you're a member of that Useful Idiot's Brigade.
You tend to strawman and misrepresent people. I'm not sure if it is because you aren't a very careful reader or because you are just a hot headed cunt that decides that someone that doesn't immediately agree with you must be an SJW or a marxist.
I'm a member of that Useful Idiots Brigade? Fuck you, you MAGA hat wearing Qanon dumbass. Your mother probably fucks your horses.
I don't view the CCP as a reliable source and I have said more than once on this forum. That doesn't immediately prove that the virus necessarily came from that lab although it is clear that officials were covering things up. It also doesn't mean that I have a vested belief that it didn't escape from the lab. The point that I have disagreed with from the start is the claim that the virus was created in the lab as a biological agent instead of it developing from zoonotic sources.
The information that I linked to makes it apparent that viruses that are very similar to covid are circulating throughout east asia and many people in the countryside including areas not that far from Hunan harvest bat guano, which is the most common source for researchers that find the viruses.
I am putting forth the theory that covid19 could have been circulating in the countryside for some time and was brought into Wuhan from a traveller from an infected region.
You claim to know that the CCP knew the origin and apparently patient zero. That coould be correct but I don't take it as a reliable fact partly because there are so many "facts" floating around and there is little way to reliably corroborate them.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Your mother probably fucks your horses.
Subtle, precise and dripping with wit.

You'd think I wrote that!)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah.

So comon, who was he actually?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah.

Shh. Don't tell anyone. His name has a Pea and a Zed in it.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

He faded and went into the west. Does someone have to be dead for a glass to be raised in a toast? Just ask your liver.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Seeing as he's back, i'll let him out himself if he wants.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:
He faded and went into the west. Does someone have to be dead for a glass to be raised in a toast? Just ask your liver.
I have the liver of a much younger man, so it's up for anything.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah.

Michael Rockefeller?
D.B. Cooper?

The suspense is killing me.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Yeah.

Michael Rockefeller?
D.B. Cooper?

The suspense is killing me.
He is Spartacus.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
You tend to strawman and misrepresent people. I'm not sure if it is because you aren't a very careful reader or because you are just a hot headed cunt
I read that, thought back to the wonderful days of Kirb, FTP and CFB and burst out laughing.

Thank you for the cheer :dance:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The internet has some wonderful low hanging fruit.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck China.
Duck “wet markets”.
Fuck WHO.
Fuck COVID.
Fuck globally meshed economies with no Plan B.
Fuck soft borders and GDP based immigration fuelled “growth”.

But praise be to the cutting off of oxygen to the SJW blowhards and an enforced simple,life. Albeit for just a breather.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: It's become increasingly clear that the CCP knows very well how this happened, and with ruthless alacrity suppressed the evidence. They also know that cries of 'racism' could enlist knee-jerk SJWs in the West in their propaganda and disinformation campaign. So get yourself a little red star to wear, cuz you're a member of that Useful Idiot's Brigade.
It seems very likely that the virus escaped the lab simply through sloppy procedures. No doubt local officials were afraid to report they had messed up and it took hold in Wuhan. By the time the national CCP was made aware there was no containment possible, and they chose to continue to sit on it. Whether that was embarrassment (it's no myth that the Chinese hate to lose face above all things), ignorance, or a deliberate choice isn't clear. By deliberate choice I mean this calculation: if we're going to suffer many deaths and a disaster for our economic steamroller, how best to mitigate the effect? Let's ensure all our competitors undergo the same economic disaster! Simple.
And now we watch them continue with the same playbook - re-open for business, even though it is certain this will mean a resurgence of the disease. This will cause many deaths but people are cheap and they are willing to sacrifice them, so get the Chinese economy going again and blame the inevitable second wave on 'foreigners' - especially the Russians that they hate and the Africans whom they despise.
Mrs Screwtape was in Kenya in February and early March (made it home just in time), and got caught up in the riots and roadblocks over Chinese workers being flown in en masse for work on the Mombasa railway. A few bribes and the workers were being let in with no passport checks and no health screening, despite it being obvious what was coming from China. That's the way they do things. All people, and especially foreigners, are an expendable resource that is there to be used to further their economic and political goals.

And welcome back, PA!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Speed of shut down <> reduced death rate.

Gap between California and NY needs another explanation.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote: Did anyone apart from me know who Parody Accountant actually was?
*raises hand* I kind of backed half-assed into that knowledge but yeah.

Hi everyone... I'm currently at home recovering from somewhat major surgery involving vertebrae, discs and spinal cord. Been off work for five months. Quarantine? I don't need no stinking quarantine.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Lsuoma wrote: Seeing as he's back, i'll let him out himself if he wants.
Thinking about it. Anyway, thank you guys for everything. I'm content being a nobody now. I had 15 minutes of z-list fame, and I was a nobody then too.

I was definitely new to the 'social justice warrior' issue, and it got ugly fast. There were good people too, and that was the worst part. I could not understand how all of a sudden we weren't allowed to ask questions, or give the benefit of the doubt in a conversation, or support the wrong people (a growing list). It was really jarring. I thought I was part of a loose-knit group trying to accomplish real goals - goals that seemed to matter.

This place saved me when they came for me. I was crushed. I had already posted / read here enough to see the pattern, the writing on the wall, and how a little group of losers had effectively ended my interest in activism altogether. Other things happened in my private life that were similarly disheartening. So now I don't give a shit about any of that stuff anymore, if that makes sense. I accomplished a lot, but I don't even care about the issues anymore. All I think about is how most of the big name orgs (except FFRF) only cared about putting their spin on a story, and essentially taking 'credit' for every little guy that contacts them first, and often providing no support other than that one press release. And then the leadership at all those orgs were directly susceptible to the FTBully attacks, and they knew it. They feared a blog attack, and they did nothing but cozy up to them.

I have friends that I continue to talk to and think about from the slimepit. I can't say the same from the other side, it just got weird man. I'll tell you this much though, the FTB crowd absolutely got butt hurt all the time from things that were hilarious - and only available here. They all read it.

I'll tell my name to anybody curious, but I'm not really a big name. Happily forgotten.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The initials do rather give it away...

I've narrowed it down to three options:

(Dame) Peggy Ashcroft

Pamela Anderson

or

Pedro Almodovar

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: I've narrowed it down...
Steve Shives?
Sasha Pixlee?
Crip Dyke the Right Reverend Feminist FuckToy of Death & Her Handmaiden?

meanwhile,

as Sourdough breadmaking becomes the hot new, labor-intensive pass-time for productive members of society/ involuntarily kept home...

how goes it...

for those who

pioneered staying-home, getting fat, not doing anything productive-- long-before it was mandatory...

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Brive1987 wrote: Speed of shut down <> reduced death rate.

Gap between California and NY needs another explanation.

Jibber-jabber about bullshit analysis. The main problem is that these are per-capita graphs. Total population doesn't enter into it until a significant fraction of that population is involved. A simplistic but useful way to think of it like a petri dish with a bunch of separate spots where something is growing. As long as the dots are somewhat separated it doesn't matter if the dish is 6 inches in diameter or a mile.

This "analysis" is effectively dividing the various values - which have problems in their own right - by what amounts to a random number and then plotting the result. GIGO.

Another problem is the use of the IHME estimates. And no, I'm not talking about the fact that their estimates have dropped by a factor of 3 or more, but rather that those estimates have (incredibly wide) error bars on them. Not pushing those error bars through the analysis to the end is dumb, dishonest, or both.

Yet another problem is how you determine the start of the growth phase. This is difficult to do, but the approach the Financial Times takes of starting the graph at the point where 100 deaths have occurred is fairly reasonable:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

What these graphs say, more than anything, is that something went badly wrong in New York (and maybe New Jersey) that can't really be explained solely by when the lockdown went into effect. Something that, much as I would like to blame it all on that gibbering idiot de Blasio, is more likely some sort of cascade failure combination of poor leadership, nonlinear effects of really high density, ethnicity-specific behaviors, backwards religious communities, etc.

Of course none of this demonstrates that early lockdowns did or didn't help. It's just noise, and I'm now sorry I wasted as much of my life as I did watching it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Seeing Parody Accountant (I still haven't figured out who he is)and Gumby back has made me nostalgic. Then I remembered this:
http://www.freethoughtblahgs.com/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Defining the ‘growth phase’ is a apparently an issue - the video tried on two different definitions.

If we junk the data used by the Gov (IHME) and ignore the different population densities of the various state, what exactly are we left with?

In any case, I note the video is more interested in parrying claims that California “got it right” because of its timing relative to NY - that this contention can’t be proved by data to hand.

You appear to be in agreement. Which makes me wonder at the vibe of your comment. :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote: Seeing Parody Accountant (I still haven't figured out who he is)and Gumby back has made me nostalgic. Then I remembered this:
PA is Noel Plum. Or Ben Radford.

Depends on the day.

free thoughtpolice

I mentioned that some peasant farmers use bat guano for fertilizer and that bat guano is the most frequent material from the bats that is found to contain coronaviruses similar to covid 19. While doing some reading it appears that Chinese also use bat guano for "traditional medicine". It would seem that this is possibly another way the virus could have entered the human population.*
In a study published Feb. 14 in Letters in Applied Microbiology, German and Chinese researchers found that some of the bat species used for traditional Chinese medicine are likely hosts of the novel coronavirus.

Three of them — Pipistrellus abramus, Murina leucogaster and Rhinolophus ferrumequinum — can be found in Hubei province, which includes Wuhan. The third species , more commonly known as the greater horseshoe bat, is handled commercially for its feces and body parts.

Called ye ming sha, “night brightness sand,” the bat feces is used to cure eye conditions, while the bat’s body parts are dried and either drunk with wine or ground into powder and swallowed as a general “detox” remedy.

Wild bats pose a risk of disease transmission to anyone who handles them: “Even when the selling of live wild animals at food markets would be completely prohibited in China, the trading and handling of bats for traditional medicinal practices would remain a serious risk for future zoonotic coronavirus epidemics,” the researchers wrote.
*no CCP propaganda was consulted during the making of this post. :hand:

free thoughtpolice

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/opin ... china.html
Peter Daszak, the president of EcoHealth Alliance, a private research organization based in New York that focuses on the connections between human and wildlife health, is one of Ms. Shi’s longtime partners. “We’ve been raising the flag on these viruses for 15 years,” he told me on Friday with calm frustration. “Ever since SARS.” He was a co-author of the 2005 bats-and-SARS study, and again of the 2017 paper about the multiple SARS-like coronaviruses in the Yunnan cave.

Mr. Daszak told me that, during that second study, the field team took blood samples from a couple of thousand Yunnanese people, about 400 of whom lived near the cave. Roughly 3 percent of them carried antibodies against SARS-related coronaviruses.

“We don’t know if they got sick. We don’t know if they were exposed as children or adults,” Mr. Daszak said. “But what it tells you is that these viruses are making the jump, repeatedly, from bats to humans.” In other words, this Wuhan emergency is no novel event. It’s part of a sequence of related contingencies that stretches back into the past and will stretch forward into the future, as long as current circumstances persist.
Seems to me that other very similar viruses to sars and covid have infected people living near horseshoe bat populations. They didn't need a sioppy or sinister lab to infect these people so why would covid need a lab to release it?
Again, not saying that didn't happen, just that there are other possible routes for its development and spread.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

katamari Damassi wrote: Seeing Parody Accountant (I still haven't figured out who he is)and Gumby back has made me nostalgic. Then I remembered this:
:D I forgot all about that. Not surprising, since it's from 2012-ish.

Just thought I'd drop in to the pit to say hey, it's been a long time. Hope you're doing well.

free thoughtpolice

Gumby wrote:
:D I forgot all about that. Not surprising, since it's from 2012-ish.

Just thought I'd drop in to the pit to say hey, it's been a long time. Hope you're doing well.
Good to hear from you.
Bad shit happens to good people. Best of luck with your healing.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Seeing how it's going around these days, maybe we could plan another video Pit hangout sometime. There's a good app called StreamYard that works really well (we did a live session on our band's page using that).

Just sayin'