You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
jugheadnaut

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
To my knowledge that is the consensus now although there was speculation at one time that SARS was artificially created. There were containment failures for the virus in China, Taiwan, and Singapore (and Australia?) but these were not creations of the labs but were from samples from the likely naturally emergent virus and these accidents didn't cause significant outbreaks.
Re-watched the movie Contagion, and there's a line about Internet rumors claiming the fictional virus was artificially created. So the claim seems to be a standard, predictable element of an epidemic.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm
2020 US elections off to an auspicious start.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/0 ... ion-110600

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Is your new job Book Review Editor for the Guardian?
Huh. :shock:

That’s hardly living the dream.

:snooty:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:07 pm
jugheadnaut wrote:

Bernie shall not prevail. Must be stopped, at any cost.

Keating

Post by Keating »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:33 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote:
To my knowledge that is the consensus now although there was speculation at one time that SARS was artificially created. There were containment failures for the virus in China, Taiwan, and Singapore (and Australia?) but these were not creations of the labs but were from samples from the likely naturally emergent virus and these accidents didn't cause significant outbreaks.
Re-watched the movie Contagion, and there's a line about Internet rumors claiming the fictional virus was artificially created. So the claim seems to be a standard, predictable element of an epidemic.
Maybe, but we know the Soviets thought crossing Ebola and smallpox was a good idea.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:

There was already talk of Iowa being too rural and too white to be the first to vote. This debacle will give more ammunition to that view.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Keating wrote: Is any one else really disturbed by the way Yanks pronounce "emu"?
That's the bird you guys lost a war to, right?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Somehow an electronic cow comes to mind...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Voter finds out she just voted for a gay

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Iowa caucus didn't kill itself
https://i.redd.it/tdl8n9cfewe41.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Called it. Hillary killed Kobe. :dance:

free thoughtpolice

What a coincidence. 2 Arkancide posts in a row.

Keating

Post by Keating »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Keating wrote: Is any one else really disturbed by the way Yanks pronounce "emu"?
That's the bird you guys lost a war to, right?
We are still capitulating to them, a century later:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-15/ ... p/11868408

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuck... that Reddit video I posted autoplays everytime, with sound?! fuck reddit.

amusing techie article about the shitty iowa caucus app...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/4/21122 ... -app-store

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

It's cruel to demand a quick tally of the Iowa votes.
The back-up system is a manual review of every paper ballot by a 9 year old trans child.

Dan

Post by Dan »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote: What a coincidence. 2 Arkancide posts in a row.
I hadn't heard much from Sargon in a while.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Driftless wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:

There was already talk of Iowa being too rural and too white to be the first to vote. This debacle will give more ammunition to that view.
Can someone explain to me why ‘Replacement theory’ is seen as controversial?

https://i.imgur.com/4g0kNu0.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote:
Driftless wrote: There was already talk of Iowa being too rural and too white to be the first to vote. This debacle will give more ammunition to that view.
Can someone explain to me why ‘Replacement theory’ is seen as controversial?
The claim that Iowa is 'too white' to be the first to vote-- only makes sense at first glance. The idea falls apart in the fine print.

The Dems and Republicans conduct separate caucuses. This means the bell curve of Iowans is split in half. The Democrat half is more 'Dem' than the US as a whole. The Republican side is more Republican... than the US as a whole.

When Hillary was the frontrunner against underdog Obama in 2008-- white Iowans picked Obama & launched his meteoric rise. The first state with a large black population was South Carolina... and they voted for Hillary over Obama.

This year the less-progressive Biden is much stronger in black South Carolina... but Biden was weak as fuck in white Iowa. Opposite for Bernie.

==
As for replacement theory-- I just listened to (most of) the recent episode of Joe Rogan-- with ny times reporter Bari Weiss. She's an immense idiot. Last time she was on Rogan-- she called Tulsi an 'apologist' and 'toady' for Assad... and when Joe asked what she meant-- it turned-out she was just repeating words she didn't comprehend. Jimmy Dore did a great reaction video on-it. So... she came back on Rogan... and that's when Rogan said he'd probably vote for Bernie. So... anyway... this chick is amazingly ill-informed and wrong about everything... but a magnificent example of NYTimes groupthink. Rogan talks about Canadian trans ball-waxing maniac Jessica Yaniv... and Bari Weiss reacted 'where did you hear about this?!' Rogan said it was widely reported. Weiss guilelessly replied 'it wasn't in the New York Times!' Exactly, dumbass!

So... she's promoting her new book about anti-semitism. And, from the interview, it appears to me to be a perfect assortment of half-baked shit that's been kicking-around progressive/jewish academic circles for decades... which sounds good-enough-to-her to report as gospel, without scrutiny. Like, there's this idea that anti-semitism is 'baked in' to the essence of western culture... it's an inherent foundational aspect... not something which can be eradicated. She reads tea-leaves to discern that Trump's xenophobic overtones... somehow magically cause synagogue shootings. Who knows... maybe thats true! BUT.... if it is true... then why is that phenomenon confined to Trump? I mean... Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders and AOC are constantly claiming there's a cabal of evil billionaires who secretly control finance and the media. Isn't that a little too close to anti-jewish stereotypes... to be certain that the anti-billionaire talk isn't causing synagogue shootings?

In conclusion... Replacement Theory is controversial because the 'smart' professorial people... such as the NY Times editorial board... are a bunch of halfwit doofuses who aren't good at critical thinking. They denounce ideas because they don't like them... actual truth or falsehood of claims is a distant concern... far-behind ill-conceived, heavy-handed political posturing.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Service Dog wrote:
==
As for replacement theory-- I just listened to (most of) the recent episode of Joe Rogan-- with ny times reporter Bari Weiss. She's an immense idiot. Last time she was on Rogan-- she called Tulsi an 'apologist' and 'toady' for Assad... and when Joe asked what she meant-- it turned-out she was just repeating words she didn't comprehend. Jimmy Dore did a great reaction video on-it. So... she came back on Rogan... and that's when Rogan said he'd probably vote for Bernie. So... anyway... this chick is amazingly ill-informed and wrong about everything... but a magnificent example of NYTimes groupthink. Rogan talks about Canadian trans ball-waxing maniac Jessica Yaniv... and Bari Weiss reacted 'where did you hear about this?!' Rogan said it was widely reported. Weiss guilelessly replied 'it wasn't in the New York Times!' Exactly, dumbass!

So... she's promoting her new book about anti-semitism. And, from the interview, it appears to me to be a perfect assortment of half-baked shit that's been kicking-around progressive/jewish academic circles for decades... which sounds good-enough-to-her to report as gospel, without scrutiny. Like, there's this idea that anti-semitism is 'baked in' to the essence of western culture... it's an inherent foundational aspect... not something which can be eradicated. She reads tea-leaves to discern that Trump's xenophobic overtones... somehow magically cause synagogue shootings. Who knows... maybe thats true! BUT.... if it is true... then why is that phenomenon confined to Trump? I mean... Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders and AOC are constantly claiming there's a cabal of evil billionaires who secretly control finance and the media. Isn't that a little too close to anti-jewish stereotypes... to be certain that the anti-billionaire talk isn't causing synagogue shootings?

In conclusion... Replacement Theory is controversial because the 'smart' professorial people... such as the NY Times editorial board... are a bunch of halfwit doofuses who aren't good at critical thinking. They denounce ideas because they don't like them... actual truth or falsehood of claims is a distant concern... far-behind ill-conceived, heavy-handed political posturing.
I've often wondered what sort of women are Goop customers. From the very beginning of the broadcast, I now know they're the Bari Weiss's of the world.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Own goal love.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Pitchguest wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:59 pm
If Abbie's still around, there's someone called "zerohedge" who was suspended from Twitter for writing this article:

Coronavirus Contains "HIV Insertions", Stoking Fears Over Artificially Created Bioweapon

Apparently it's based on research from a not-yet-peer-reviewed science paper. Does it have any shred of truth, or is he chasing Bensons?
If Zerohedge are publishing it, then it can probably be ignored.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb needs some loving.

It’d be a pity not to read a WOW come Trump’s re-election.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Meanwhile...
MWSnap057 2020-02-05, 14_46_00.jpg
(108.74 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
PinkNews has contacted Graham Linehan for comment.
I wonder if he's on Twitter...?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/02/04/g ... nti-trans/

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb needs some loving.

I check his Twitter postings at least weekly since he left, as I always found him an interesting thinker. Of course, Twitter cuts his prolixity off at the knees, and I always assumed it greatly enhanced his productivity vs. the years he spent here. Unfortunately, without the nuance, he exposes himself as a standard issue Euroweenie.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Since the topic of Lauren Southern (or Simonson, or whatever) was brought up again - did the full story of why she decided to change horses in mid-stream (so to speak) every come out? There definitely would seem to be more there there, than the official there of the story.

I know that there was talk of money being spend in a wasteful manner - with regards to her two colleagues in the UK. And it seems like Ezra Levant has something on just about all of his ex-employees. ie. it was not just the standard issue complaining coming from left-wing types.

All in all, she seems to have come up smelling of roses - much unlike the most un-fragrant Mary Arch er...Milo Yianopolis.

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote: Since the topic of Lauren Southern (or Simonson, or whatever) was brought up again - did the full story of why she decided to change horses in mid-stream (so to speak) every come out? There definitely would seem to be more there there, than the official there of the story.

I know that there was talk of money being spend in a wasteful manner - with regards to her two colleagues in the UK. And it seems like Ezra Levant has something on just about all of his ex-employees. ie. it was not just the standard issue complaining coming from left-wing types.

All in all, she seems to have come up smelling of roses - much unlike the most un-fragrant Mary Arch er...Milo Yianopolis.
Or the odious Faith Goldy that has truly flipped her lips.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Kirb needs some loving.

I check his Twitter postings at least weekly since he left, as I always found him an interesting thinker. Of course, Twitter cuts his prolixity off at the knees, and I always assumed it greatly enhanced his productivity vs. the years he spent here. Unfortunately, without the nuance, he exposes himself as a standard issue Euroweenie.
That was obvious as soon as the discussion about Ethnonationalism started. The mask came right off, even behind the Walls o' Text.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

He never went away, anyway.
Ol' Kirbo.png
(56.07 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has joined Blonde as collapsitarian
I’ve come to the conclusion that the Republican party must be destroyed, because it’s a malignant blight on democracy. But now this current debacle convinces me that the Democratic party must also be destroyed or radically transformed, because it’s a neoliberal nothingburger populated with incompetent chucklefucks who only care about the status quo…which isn’t working.

I love Elizabeth Warren as a brilliant, hardworking wonk, but I am so fed up with the Democrats that I’ve decided that, in the Minnesota primary, I’ll be voting for Bernie. It’s the only way to break the cycle of failure.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ has joined Blonde as collapsitarian
I’ve come to the conclusion that the Republican party must be destroyed, because it’s a malignant blight on democracy. But now this current debacle convinces me that the Democratic party must also be destroyed or radically transformed, because it’s a neoliberal nothingburger populated with incompetent chucklefucks who only care about the status quo…which isn’t working.

I love Elizabeth Warren as a brilliant, hardworking wonk, but I am so fed up with the Democrats that I’ve decided that, in the Minnesota primary, I’ll be voting for Bernie. It’s the only way to break the cycle of failure.
Another old white man for Meyers, then.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yeah, I guess Pie thought he'd run his course.

I know it's too late now, but I would have loved to see a Brexit "The Thick of It."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Love hurts.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Mother nature is a sexist pig!
But even with roughly uniform levels of fitness, the males' average power during a punching motion was 162% greater than females', with the least-powerful man still stronger than the most powerful woman.
https://phys.org/news/2020-02-males-powerful.html

I don't care, I'd still let Gina Carano go to town on me and to hell with the bruises!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/UIiretrCpinO8/source.gif

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: Love hurts.
A course of antibiotics usually clears that sort of thing up...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Andrew Doyle/Titania McGrath on Rogan...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I am Bhurzum, killer of the 'pit!

Gaze upon my watery turd-posts and despair...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
I don't care, I'd still let Gina Carano go to town on me and to hell with the bruises!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/UIiretrCpinO8/source.gif
Yeah, that's why I start each day checking what Krystal Ball is wearing on The Hill, to see if her traps & delts are showing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bshh_mqCIAAk4h8.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Sagaar Enjeti rips

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Yeah, that's why I start each day checking what Krystal Ball is wearing on The Hill, to see if her traps & delts are showing.
Sexist beast.

(Yes, I'd tongue-punch her farter, too!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Classic TDS.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Democrats for the win.

free thoughtpolice

Some evidence of the origin of the novel coronavirus:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cav ... reds-today

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

You know that the good ole US of A is a meritocracy when:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Why does that tweeted video from Service Dog about what Pete does with his butt keep autoplaying on this page?

Keating

Post by Keating »

KiwiInOz wrote: Why does that tweeted video from Service Dog about what Pete does with his butt keep autoplaying on this page?
It doesn't autoplay for me. I think the Pit just knows who likes butts and who doesn't.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Why does that tweeted video from Service Dog about what Pete does with his butt keep autoplaying on this page?
It doesn't autoplay for me. I think the Pit just knows who likes butts and who doesn't.
I like Pete's butt and I cannot lie.

(Actually I'd prefer Gina and Krystal's, but that's just me (and Bhurzum and SD))

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: (Actually I'd prefer Gina and Krystal's, but that's just me (and Bhurzum and SD))
I bet Gina's rump tastes like French vanilla icecream!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8b3010c ... d=15437471

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Amber Heard is getting cancelled, folks. Justice for Johnny Depp.

free thoughtpolice

Adrian Belew with a Canadian folk singer Martha Wainwright doing Bowie's Heroes . I love her smile.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirk Douglas has shuffled off to Valhalla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SW6a1z_hUk

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Florida troopers find narcotics in bag labeled ‘Bag Full of Drugs’

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-tr ... s/30763146

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

BoxNDox wrote: Florida troopers find narcotics in bag labeled ‘Bag Full of Drugs’

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida-tr ... s/30763146
https://pluspng.com/img-png/burglar-png ... -a-184.png

John D

Post by John D »

Andrian Belew was one of my favorites in the day.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

she can push she can shove 'til it's just a nub

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Whoops I hit the wrong button too soon, but I just wanted to brag that I saw Zappa and every opportunity and I'm pretty sure I caught this version of the band twice. My court stuff has been postponed for another month, and I made a separate a few months ago thread that I intend to flesh out when it's time.