You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.
So we just need to figure out when the speed of social change started to change over time.

I'll put my money on the 1970s (based on 'Futureshock') or perhaps the Renaissance. I'm sure there are graphs for this sort of thing too.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: The mythology seems a bit weird - introducing the Lilith character (and mother of monsters) references Jewish mythology - where previously they were keeping their distance from current religions.
They borrow from mythology although it's mainly names only. The "mother of monsters" theme does sound familiar though...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dia ... 0619005911

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith

Even though I hate Blizzard with a passion, I'm currently in the "shut up and take my money" camp. ;)
From what I can tell there are the forces of 'Good' and the forces of 'Evil' and then a third group that rejects both.

It all seems rather familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyhLabKXctM

Though possibly with not as much phallic symbolism.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: 4. Season 3 of 'The Crown'
You must have been living under a rock to avoid spoilers for that one.

Speaking of life disrupting events - my sister and nephew are visiting over xmas.

But seriously all the best - I would miss you if you were not here - it's just not the same when other people ignore my comments.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: 4. Season 3 of 'The Crown'
You must have been living under a rock to avoid spoilers for that one.

Speaking of life disrupting events - my sister and nephew are visiting over xmas.

But seriously all the best - I would miss you if you were not here - it's just not the same when other people ignore my comments.
I think that it is screwtape that you'll miss, not me. You'll probably miss me like you miss NEC v2.0.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.
So we just need to figure out when the speed of social change started to change over time.

I'll put my money on the 1970s (based on 'Futureshock') or perhaps the Renaissance. I'm sure there are graphs for this sort of thing too.
My money is on when the Dems took to the street to disavow the election result, having previously stood in stunned horror when they assumed the perfidious deplorables May do the same.

2016 brought thwarted feminist woke SJWism into partisan politics with a healthy dose of anti-white racism and liberal self hatred. Quite the combination.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote: Things change more quickly than expected. Having had night sweats, dyspnœa and fatigue, a CT scan last week confirmed enlarged nodes everywhere, but my delightful young Egyptian hematologist told me today that my expectation of repeat fludaribine/cyclophosphamide/rituximab as second line therapy was outdated and 'too harsh' for someone of my age. Now I must read all about ibrutinib and whether I am still allowed to use a straight razor and to sip a little whisky (initial readings are 'no' to both). Mean progression free survival on this is 35 months, so maybe worth forgoing a proper shave (there's always a mini-BMT or venetoclax afterwards). First, I have to prove the chromosomal studies of the malignant B cells haven't developed any nasty changes, and I have to get a lymph node out to ensure that we are not dealing with a transformation to another kind of lymphoma. I do have some goals:
1. I need to see Trudeau fall
2. Ditto Trump
3. Brexit happen, preferably the 'clean break'
4. Season 3 of 'The Crown'
5. Yeah, a few more rats

Not looking for any replies. Just information in case I disappear. Carry on (and I shall do the same).
Bugger. On the upside, I guess you can eat all the chicken Parma you can handle without long term guilt ?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

My money is on when the Dems took to the street to disavow the election result, having previously stood in stunned horror when they assumed the perfidious deplorables May do the same.

2016 brought thwarted feminist woke SJWism into partisan politics with a healthy dose of anti-white racism and liberal self hatred. Quite the combination.
I was going with the definition of acceleration. Which can happen at slow or fast speeds making it difficult to determine a starting point.

Probably 2016 is a little late though. Peoples impulse to be a 'moral scold' or a 'do-gooder' or to express righteous indignation goes back further than that. The degree and quality of current social discourse could be linked to the ubiquity of social media.

In which case it's a Melody Hensley world and we are all just PTSD victims living in it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If anyone is looking for drama as an alternative to all the drama - I can recommend Dolomite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLZk03rXpVc

Also the full 1975 movie is on YouTube - or you might prefer 'The Irishman'

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote: I think that it is screwtape that you'll miss, not me. You'll probably miss me like you miss NEC v2.0.
I'll take what I can get.

Though Screwtape is OK too.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

I was going with the definition of acceleration. Which can happen at slow or fast speeds making it difficult to determine a starting point.

Probably 2016 is a little late though. Peoples impulse to be a 'moral scold' or a 'do-gooder' or to express righteous indignation goes back further than that. The degree and quality of current social discourse could be linked to the ubiquity of social media.

In which case it's a Melody Hensley world and we are all just PTSD victims living in it.
I can think of previous politically partisan elections but not woke inducing ones.

The car may have been gently accelerating for some time, but since 2016 the pedal has been stamped to the floor. Quite possibly powered by converging forces, but the counter neo-lib ground-swell and militant-lib factions seem quite new.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I can think of previous politically partisan elections but not woke inducing ones.

The car may have been gently accelerating for some time, but since 2016 the pedal has been stamped to the floor. Quite possibly powered by converging forces, but the counter neo-lib ground-swell and militant-lib factions seem quite new.
Politicians come in two flavours - partisan and spineless. While I'd prefer not having to taste either - if push comes to shove I'll go with the former.

If we define the concept of 'woke activism' or 'militant woke activism' as not to have existed before 2016 - then I'd be hard put to argue my case contra Last-Thursdayism...

...Fuck it. I'll still give it a shot.

The various tributaries to woke culture would be the activism associated with black, gay, womens and (more recently) trans groups. Probably others too - like the Jewish anti-discrimination groups - and that half-hearted attempt in the 1960s/1970s against anti-Italian stereotypes in America. They probably trace back to the 1960s - then 1930s and to 1920s and earlier for the Suffragettes. All at times could be classified as militant by any reasonable interpretation.

There you go - that's probably the extent of my knowledge - but if may serve as a rough guide in your search for the Amazonian source of wokeness or the golden El Wokado - before you light out for the territories.

I'll be doing something similar - though starting with Norton and 'Slow Chocolate Autopsy'.

I'd apologize for my boring pedantry (as opposed to the other sort) - but at this stage most would be more offended by the insincerity inherent in any such attempt.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Imagine a new gay rights group having to hold its inaugural meeting in secret, and not in 1960, nor in Tehran, but in present day London:
https://quillette.com/2019/11/04/meet-t ... omophobes/

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote:
The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.
It would probably be a mistake to look for a single magic bullet cause. Like most seemingly abrupt cultural changes, it was likely a confluence of factors in the loosely coupled dynamical soup that is culture which happened to superpose around 2015-2016. Factors I can think of include:

- A few years of cocooning and tribalization due to social media (especially Twitter, easily the most pernicious of the lot)
- The coming of age of the historically coddled and fragile Gen Z
- Mainstream media panic over their lack of influence as gatekeepers
- Financial incentivization of mainstream media to focus on niche audiences
- Increasing monoculture of the Academy
- The election of Trump, perhaps serving as a tipping point, radicalizing many on the mainstream and center left, and even some centrists and center-rightists.

Keating

Post by Keating »

screwtape wrote: Imagine a new gay rights group having to hold its inaugural meeting in secret, and not in 1960, nor in Tehran, but in present day London:
https://quillette.com/2019/11/04/meet-t ... omophobes/
The trouble is that there aren't enough tall buildings in London to toss gays off of.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.
It would probably be a mistake to look for a single magic bullet cause. Like most seemingly abrupt cultural changes, it was likely a confluence of factors in the loosely coupled dynamical soup that is culture which happened to superpose around 2015-2016. Factors I can think of include:

- A few years of cocooning and tribalization due to social media (especially Twitter, easily the most pernicious of the lot)
- The election of Trump, perhaps serving as a tipping point, radicalizing many on the mainstream and center left, and even some centrists and center-rightists.
I think intersection thinking is also part of it. It used to be Democrats vs. Republicans (in the USA), but now it is women vs. men, minorities vs. whites, trans vs. cis, millennials vs. boomers, etc. There are more tribes and the tribes are based on mostly unchangeable characteristics. And there is no attempt to persuade, just to blame. That is one problem with Greta's speech. It was not about coming together to try to solve a problem, it was about blame.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Mark Zaid's big mouth haunts credibility of impeachment...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coup-h ... mpeachment

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:
I think intersection thinking is also part of it. It used to be Democrats vs. Republicans (in the USA), but now it is women vs. men, minorities vs. whites, trans vs. cis, millennials vs. boomers, etc. There are more tribes and the tribes are based on mostly unchangeable characteristics. And there is no attempt to persuade, just to blame. That is one problem with Greta's speech. It was not about coming together to try to solve a problem, it was about blame.
Yes, add authoritarian identitarianism to the tinder box and a particularly virulent strain of Manichean radical leftism emerged. One that had no interest in discussion, persuasion, and compromise, only provocation and vilification.

But the interesting question for me is what lead to the fertile environment for identity politics this decade, when the 1990's identity politics front couldn't make headway beyond the campus left and collapsed amid ridicule within a few years.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Do you know who is literally Hitler in Britain right now?

People who say it is common sense to leave a burning building, rather than stay and get burned to death.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/worl ... -mogg.html

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Yes, add authoritarian identitarianism to the tinder box and a particularly virulent strain of Manichean radical leftism emerged. One that had no interest in discussion, persuasion, and compromise, only provocation and vilification.

But the interesting question for me is what lead to the fertile environment for identity politics this decade, when the 1990's identity politics front couldn't make headway beyond the campus left and collapsed amid ridicule within a few years.
I think the big thing in the 1990s were campus speech codes. I remember reading a story in the local paper where a professor who was initially in favor of a proposed speech code listened to students speaking in favor of it and heard one student say the code was necessary because of words like "niggardly". At that point the professor realized that these people were nuts and was against it.

The difference now may be that the people pushing for the speech codes then are now professors or are out in the media and HR departments, so instead of the media looking on with bemused detachment at the craziness they are now cheerleaders for the craziness, and there are fewer professors willing to speak out against it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

I first noticed it during the 2008 Dem primaries, when obama rode a wave of pavlovian white guilt and dreamy-eyed youth certain they were on the cusp of the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius. Most journalists today are in their early twenties -- the veterans having been driven out -- so were in grade school when obama was first elected, then passed through the increasingly radicalized university system. Already trapped in an ideas bubble, their range of perspective is further narrowed by Twitter.

Trump's election was an existential shock to their and the rest of the far left's false assumption that almost everyone thought like them, and also their quasi-religious belief that their belief system was "on the right side of History" thus destined for victory. Everything since then has been just the petulant temper-tantrum of the spoiled brat who didn't get what they thought was coming to them, and who seeks to punish the one(s) responsible.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A young male cougar, no doubt hopped up on entitleism and toxic masculinity was grabbing pussies just down the road from here.
A hit man from the deep state and his running dog accomplices subsequently murdered him.
https://www.cheknews.ca/cougar-deemed-t ... ox-620731/

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

114 guests? Is the counter broken?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

free thoughtpolice wrote: 114 guests? Is the counter broken?
6 now. Your post must have scared them away.
Is there some site or forum somewhere that's suddenly linking to here?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: 114 guests? Is the counter broken?
6 now. Your post must have scared them away.
Is there some site or forum somewhere that's suddenly linking to here?
Could be, or maybe some bot gone wrong.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Whole buncha Android users from a Huawei address. Blocked, and count will reduce soon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Whole buncha Android users from a Huawei address. Blocked, and count will reduce soon.
Damn - I was hoping that the androids could give their unbiased opinion on whether the election of Donald Trump was a good or a bad thing.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

SM1957 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 pm

People who say it is common sense to leave a burning building, rather than stay and get burned to death.

Well it is really stupid to blame the public for obeying orders from firefighters in what was probably a highly confusing and disorienting circumstance. I like Mogg, but he can display a high degree of detachment from mere mortals.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Well it is really stupid to blame the public for obeying orders from firefighters in what was probably a highly confusing and disorienting circumstance. I like Mogg, but he can display a high degree of detachment from mere mortals.
He's definitely no common moggie. He probably also heard that the fire mark was not clearly displayed.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Whole buncha Android users from a Huawei address. Blocked, and count will reduce soon.
This'll keep 'em out.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/tmn ... 0826022503

In Communist China, bot blocks you.

You-a-way.

Huawei

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Interview with Ray Blanchard on autgynephilia:

https://quillette.com/2019/11/06/what-i ... blanchard/

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Cautionary financial tale for anyone interested:

Twenty years ago my mom bought a new car and must have opened a credit line at her bank to finance it. But, she never closed it and must not have paid the entire thing off, so maybe there was a few tens of dollars left in it. She also has a checking account there.

We only discovered the credit account because we went into the bank together to investigate her finances. So all this time she's been using the checking account, not knowing there was this little tumor of debt growing in this silent account. Guess what, it had grown to over $1000 and was accruing 20% interest. So next year it would be $1200 and next $1440, and so on.

We killed it with fire. Kids, don't let this happen to you.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Well it is really stupid to blame the public for obeying orders from firefighters in what was probably a highly confusing and disorienting circumstance. I like Mogg, but he can display a high degree of detachment from mere mortals.
The firefighters who told people to stay and burn to death are not Hitler. The person who said it is common sense to leave a burning building is Hitler.

How is that even possible?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

SM1957 wrote: The firefighters who told people to stay and burn to death are not Hitler. The person who said it is common sense to leave a burning building is Hitler.

Practice.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

SM1957 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

The firefighters who told people to stay and burn to death are not Hitler. The person who said it is common sense to leave a burning building is Hitler.

Since only you seem to have called them Hitler , then you've answered your own question. Other people simply criticized the remarks. Not leaving a burning building is counter intuitive but there are often good reasons why people are advised to behave counter intuitively in an emergency (eg moving a person in an accident with a potentially broken neck) The delayed decision to abandon the "stay put policy " in a defective building (after about 2 hours) is another matter.
Unless because Hitler was "an authority figure" and some might have in his day described him as " a very cleaver person running the country"
that makes RM literally Hitler , from the word of his own idiot supporters.
Jacob is a leader, he’s an authority figure,” Mr. Bridgen said in a radio interview, describing why Mr. Rees-Mogg would have made it out of the Grenfell fire alive. “We want very clever people running the country, don’t we?”
Bridgen soon after apologized for comparing Ree Mogg to Hitler....or summat liek that...
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... ting-jacob

I'm definitely no fan of Corbyn - he's another idiot, but here's another "clever person running the country " who says Corbyn is actually Stalin:
Appearing on the Andrew Neil show on Wednesday night, the Business Minister struggled when the BBC interviewer brought up Boris Johnson’s comments comparing Jeremy Corbyn to Stalin on the grounds that he and his supporters hates wealth and aspiration so much that they ‘point their fingers at individuals with a relish and a vindictiveness not seen since Stalin persecuted the kulaks’.

When Neil suggested that this comparison didn’t hold up to scrutiny given that Stalin had people shot, Zahawi was unsure. Pressed on whether Corbyn really wants to have wealthy people shot, Zahawi replied:

‘I don’t know, you will have to ask him that question’

“I don’t know”

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I should point out that Jacob Rees-Mogg was not called 'Hitler' . He was called 'Himmler'.

And Seamus Milne, one of Corbyn's top aides, is a literal Stalinist - although one who concedes that Stalin did make some mistakes.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

SM1957 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

I'm confused. Didn't Hitler die before leaving the building in order to be burned?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Jacob Rees-Mogg is accused of being arrogant for saying it is common-sense to leave a burning building , by the same people who think the 2016 Referendum should be ignored because people didn't know what they were voting for, and the more educated people voted to Remain.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Someone who loves Ken because of his genitals, not because of his gender:

https://jezebel.com/the-strange-sad-sto ... 1839221635

Why is this not called out as transphobic?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Driftless wrote: Someone who loves Ken because of his genitals, not because of his gender:

https://jezebel.com/the-strange-sad-sto ... 1839221635

Why is this not called out as transphobic?
Is there a trend of these articles? Slate just published a slightly different take, but still upset about lack of genitalia:

https://slate.com/business/2019/11/matt ... sales.html

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Looks like NSW is getting Fd in the A:

https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/ma ... ms_modis_t

ThreeFlangedJavis

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 am
SM1957 wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
SM1957 wrote:

Since only you seem to have called them Hitler , then you've answered your own question. Other people simply criticized the remarks. Not leaving a burning building is counter intuitive but there are often good reasons why people are advised to behave counter intuitively in an emergency (eg moving a person in an accident with a potentially broken neck) The delayed decision to abandon the "stay put policy " in a defective building (after about 2 hours) is another matter.
Unless because Hitler was "an authority figure" and some might have in his day described him as " a very cleaver person running the country"
that makes RM literally Hitler , from the word of his own idiot supporters.
Jacob is a leader, he’s an authority figure,” Mr. Bridgen said in a radio interview, describing why Mr. Rees-Mogg would have made it out of the Grenfell fire alive. “We want very clever people running the country, don’t we?”
Bridgen soon after apologized for comparing Ree Mogg to Hitler....or summat liek that...
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... ting-jacob

I'm definitely no fan of Corbyn - he's another idiot, but here's another "clever person running the country " who says Corbyn is actually Stalin:
Appearing on the Andrew Neil show on Wednesday night, the Business Minister struggled when the BBC interviewer brought up Boris Johnson’s comments comparing Jeremy Corbyn to Stalin on the grounds that he and his supporters hates wealth and aspiration so much that they ‘point their fingers at individuals with a relish and a vindictiveness not seen since Stalin persecuted the kulaks’.

When Neil suggested that this comparison didn’t hold up to scrutiny given that Stalin had people shot, Zahawi was unsure. Pressed on whether Corbyn really wants to have wealthy people shot, Zahawi replied:

‘I don’t know, you will have to ask him that question’

“I don’t know”
At the risk of being a bit IOKWWDI, at least Zahawi did say to ask the man himself rather than try to answer for him and declare him unfit to be heard. If only Corbyn were just an idiot. I'm afraid that he's a throwback to the days of Militant and union thuggery. The man never met an anti-Western despot he didn't like or a pro-Western democracy he did. He loves his bomb planting anti-imperialists, because look what we made the poor brown people do. The irony of it all, strangely seldom referred to, is that Jezza and his Trump hating cohorts are the real Putin sympathisers. I don't think I'm paranoid in suspecting that Corbyn in power would be a genuine security risk to the country.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

At the risk of being a bit IOKWWDI, at least Zahawi did say to ask the man himself rather than try to answer for him and declare him unfit to be heard.
So he's possibly a potential mass murderer by implication (ask him about that ) but thankfully he's not declaring him unfit to to be heard...
how jolly decent of him .... :roll:

ThreeFlangedJavis

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 am
At the risk of being a bit IOKWWDI, at least Zahawi did say to ask the man himself rather than try to answer for him and declare him unfit to be heard.
So he's possibly a potential mass murderer by implication (ask him about that ) but thankfully he's not declaring him unfit to to be heard...
how jolly decent of him .... :roll:
Yes, a lot more decent than declaring someone to be a fascist or white supremacist, telling outright lies about them and then campaigning to have them thrown off of mass media so that they can't defend themselves, which is what Labour love to do to people like Tommy Robinson, Waters and Carl Benjamin. I didn't say it was a smart or particularly nice thing to say. Do you have a problem with that, or is only total condemnation allowed without any mitigation?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:07 am
Looks like NSW is getting Fd in the A:

Aussieland was made to burn. Those Port Jackson willows and bluegums are like candles. They grow like weeds after a fire which is why they are taking over in South Africa. The local fynbos is relatively fire resistant, but grows more slowly and loses out to Port Jacksons. So we are not only losing indigenous vegetation, its being replaced by a fire hazard. A few years ago I was living just out of the city and we had a spate of fires. Port Jacksons lay down a carpet of thin, very flammable leaves, so airborne embers create lots of new outbreaks. Just when you think you've got everything under control, you'll see a new column of smoke coming out of the bush. Sometimes the fire would smoulder unseen under the top layer of leaves for hours before flaring up. I''ve raked back the leaves from the edge of a fire to find that it's crept many metres under the surface.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Purse those lips, dear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvs64ag_uOw

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Slate is doing well today. Here's something that can be solved by getting more trans women into sports:

https://slate.com/technology/2019/11/ma ... nners.html

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So...ah...Milo is still alive - and it looks like like there are various changes happening in the Alt-Right.

Oh, and Richard Spencer has an optics problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCS1cP69Wo

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Secret Service releases report on mass school attacks. Conclusions:
• Most attackers had experienced psychological, behavioral, or developmental symptoms;

• half 
of the attackers had received one or more mental health services prior to their attack;

• All attackers experienced social stressors involving their relationships with peers and/or romantic partners;

• Nearly every attacker experienced negative home life factors ... includ[ing] parental divorce or separation, drug use or criminal charges among family members, or domestic abuse;

• Most attackers had a history of school disciplinary actions, and many had prior contact with law enforcement: 
Most attackers had a history of receiving school disciplinary actions resulting from a broad range of inappropriate behavior

• All attackers exhibited concerning behaviors ... rang[ing] from a constellation of lower-level concerns to objectively concerning or prohibited behaviors;

• Most of the attackers communicated a prior threat to their target or communicated their intentions to carry out an attack.
The answer, of course, is to ban 'assault weapons'.
... attackers used 18 handguns and 9 long guns during the attacks, with two attackers using multiple firearms. The remainder [16] used bladed weapons....

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Driftless wrote: Slate is doing well today. Here's something that can be solved by getting more trans women into sports:

https://slate.com/technology/2019/11/ma ... nners.html
If the fucking transwomen athletes really want to help the cause of trans acceptance... they'd fucking come in 2nd or 3rd place once in a while.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: So...ah...Milo is still alive - and it looks like like there are various changes happening in the Alt-Right.

Oh, and Richard Spencer has an optics problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cCS1cP69Wo

Guest_04466d3b

Post by Guest_04466d3b »

Hot galleries, thousands new daily.
<ALL THE DONKEYS YOU CAN WANK OFF TO>

Lsuoma

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote: Looks like NSW is getting Fd in the A:

Yep. I'm currently in Lismore, NSW. The fires are miles away but the smoke is full on. And it's unlikely to change for days if not weeks.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Just finished watching Peter Jackson's They Shall Not Grow Old documentary. Very moving. 'Enjoy' is the wrong word, but it did hold your attention.

John D

Post by John D »

"You fight wiff a woman... you rittle plick!"

John D

Post by John D »

I am not sure I fully believe this woman. I think she knows more that she is saying. She is a TV producer and she has never heard of Project Veritas? Hmmmm. If feel sorry for her though. She was only on her new job for 4 days so she can be fired without cause. She probably wont even be able to sue for wrongful termination.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: Just finished watching Peter Jackson's They Shall Not Grow Old documentary. Very moving. 'Enjoy' is the wrong word, but it did hold your attention.
I saw it in the theaters, which included 30 minutes afterward of Jackson describing how the film was made. He mentions one clip of a group of soldiers in a sunken road. All of them had panic on their faces, especially the one in the forefront. They were about to go over and Jackson says the entire regt was wiped out. Had that one tommy's face in my head for days.

Seeing MIDWAY tomorrow with the GF. Critics' reviews tend to find it hokey and jingoistic, viewers' reviews love it. we shall see.

The 'teaser trailer', which feels like for a horror movie, kicks ass: