Post by Driftless »

Good news for the Brits -- a solution to Islamic extremism is at hand:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/th ... 17066.html

The solution is...more Islam.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Lsuoma »

That hasn't had any positive effect since it was published four years ago, AFAICT.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

BoxNDox wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 am
KiwiInOz wrote:
I recommend a deeper inquiry.
I believe the correct term is "probe".
Mykeru is in the midst of crippling personal difficulties. He deserves better.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Having failed with the Trump Tower meeting and Russia-gate, it’s now kinda pathetic that the DNC are fixated with Ukraine-‘hate’.

As if anyone doesn’t deep down know they would try and hang Trump on a clothes-peg .... if they thought that would help their woke-crusade for righteous naked power.
The actual irony (one might even call it pathetic) is that Trump was off the hook for the Mueller investigation because there wasn't sufficient evidence of any active collaboration between his campaign and the Russians, and there wasn't an appetite to push for an impeachment on obstruction, absent other crimes. Trump could have breathed a big sigh of relief and kept his nose clean, and it would have faded away and been a non issue in 2020.

Did Trump do that? No, of course not - rules are for little people. Instead the stupid piece of shit tried to blackmail Ukraine into publicly investigating his most likely 2020 opponent, by making military aid contingent on that. And he did it almost in public view - he even made phone calls to them pushing for the investigation himself. This time we have descriptions of the phone call, and Mulvaney admitting to the scheme, along with the testimony of the next round of disgusted public servants who still hold the quaint idea that laws apply to republican presidents. So now the democrats have everything they were hoping to get from Mueller wrapped up in a bow, because Trump is a compulsive cheat who isn't smart enough to cover his tracks.

Does this matter to you or any of Trump's other defenders? Of course not. But the hypocrisy of whining about "naked power", while at the same time cheerleading a man who has argued that article 2 of the constitution permits him do do anything he wants, is risible. Trump will likely stay in office, because there is nothing forcing republican senators have to have principles. Likewise, Trump will still have fans, because no one has to care about democratic norms or the rule of law. But all that makes "naked power" your disease and not mine.
Beginning 2016, politics has descended into “blow up the whitehouse” partisan war. Ie mirroring reaction and counter reaction to the lurch to the SJW left.

The only question is do you support the team that celebrates “terrorist killing war-dogs” or the team behind “austere religious scholar”.

It’s a pragmatic values issue that should form a rhetorical question.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Since when did dismantling a seat of government become a bad idea?

In fact it' seems like just the the right time of year to celebrate such things.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Nerdy/gamer alert.

The trailer for Diablo 4 dropped the other day and boy-howdy, it looks amazing! Blizzard are taking the IP back to its gory, horrific roots and have produced a cinematic straight out of the fevered mind of Clive Barker. Even if you're not a fan and have no idea who/what is going on, it's worth a watch - seriously cutting edge CGI.

Lilith looks absolutely amazing and I'm hoping the story/plot does her justice!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Having failed with the Trump Tower meeting and Russia-gate, it’s now kinda pathetic that the DNC are fixated with Ukraine-‘hate’.

As if anyone doesn’t deep down know they would try and hang Trump on a clothes-peg .... if they thought that would help their woke-crusade for righteous naked power.
The actual irony (one might even call it pathetic) is that Trump was off the hook for the Mueller investigation because there wasn't sufficient evidence of any active collaboration between his campaign and the Russians, and there wasn't an appetite to push for an impeachment on obstruction, absent other crimes. Trump could have breathed a big sigh of relief and kept his nose clean, and it would have faded away and been a non issue in 2020.

Did Trump do that? No, of course not - rules are for little people. Instead the stupid piece of shit tried to blackmail Ukraine into publicly investigating his most likely 2020 opponent, by making military aid contingent on that. And he did it almost in public view - he even made phone calls to them pushing for the investigation himself. This time we have descriptions of the phone call, and Mulvaney admitting to the scheme, along with the testimony of the next round of disgusted public servants who still hold the quaint idea that laws apply to republican presidents. So now the democrats have everything they were hoping to get from Mueller wrapped up in a bow, because Trump is a compulsive cheat who isn't smart enough to cover his tracks.

Does this matter to you or any of Trump's other defenders? Of course not. But the hypocrisy of whining about "naked power", while at the same time cheerleading a man who has argued that article 2 of the constitution permits him do do anything he wants, is risible. Trump will likely stay in office, because there is nothing forcing republican senators have to have principles. Likewise, Trump will still have fans, because no one has to care about democratic norms or the rule of law. But all that makes "naked power" your disease and not mine.
Beginning 2016, politics has descended into “blow up the whitehouse” partisan war. Ie mirroring reaction and counter reaction to the lurch to the SJW left.
I'm not sure who's politics you think you are talking about. The partisan war in America didn't start in 2016 - you could see it in McConnell's refusal to move forward with Merrick Garland, with the Benghazi investigation which went on for 4 years and produced no indictments, with the "swift boat veterans for truth" who attacked multiply decorated war hero John Kerry for "not being injured enough for his purple hearts" (to paraphrase). Republicans have been waging war for years, all the way back to when the impeached Bill Clinton for lying to congress about getting a blowjob. If that obstruction of a nothingburger is grounds for impeachment, then clearly extorting a foreign government into delivering you a partisan smear campaign is also over the line.

The reason you think this has anything to do with SJWs is because you are an ignorant chanfag with unhealthy obsessions.
Brive1987 wrote: The only question is do you support the team that celebrates “terrorist killing war-dogs” or the team behind “austere religious scholar”.

It’s a pragmatic values issue that should form a rhetorical question.
Its a false dichotomy that would embarrass you if you weren't completely batshit. The first president to go after ISIS was Obama, because they started under his watch, and neither party over here supports them. Good for Trump for getting Al-Bagdadi. I don't feel any less glad of his destruction than I was when Obama got Bin-Laden.

The real question facing my country has nothing to do with your paranoid fantasy wherein the Democrats succeed in turning the USA into some kind of Sharia practicing caliphate.

The real question is whether Trump and some of his accomplices succeed in damaging the rule of law enough that we no longer have a functioning mechanism for electing our representatives, and keeping politics separate from law enforcement.

I would also add that "ends justify the means" arguments are always the ones people roll out when they are trying to apologize for abuse of power. I don't think you are going to win many (small "r") republican converts with that bullshit.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Well, I have to say that Old-Ones seems to make a lot of sense.On the other hand, he has this colonial thing about sticking to facts instead of folklore like Comet {Pizza Hillary hit list...
Maybe he is an ISIS member?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Old_ones wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:57 pm
I'm not sure who's politics you think you are talking about. The partisan war in America didn't start in 2016 - you could see it in McConnell's refusal to move forward with Merrick Garland, with the Benghazi investigation which went on for 4 years and produced no indictments, with the "swift boat veterans for truth" who attacked multiply decorated war hero John Kerry for "not being injured enough for his purple hearts" (to paraphrase). Republicans have been waging war for years, all the way back to when the impeached Bill Clinton for lying to congress about getting a blowjob. If that obstruction of a nothingburger is grounds for impeachment, then clearly extorting a foreign government into delivering you a partisan smear campaign is also over the line.
A minor quibble, but there's no smear campaign required here. The circumstances around Hunter Biden's exploits in the Ukraine are a massive red flag and his China involvement even more so. There is very strong circumstantial evidence that a serving US vice president was heavily compromised by the most dangerous adversary of the US. It is a scandal that the media are prepared to brush it aside like they are doing. Biden may be innocent of corruption, although certainly guilty of crass stupidity, but the media have been making little attempt to find out the truth. I haven't forgotten the Swift Boat smears, the Birthers and such like and I thought the Republicans were completely out of order at the time. I'm a little more disturbed by the behaviour of the Democrats right now though given the extent of their media support and the direction the West is going in. What also looks different now, although it may always have been so but hidden from view, is the way that the permanent arms of government seem to be involved in a partisan way. My impression is that in both the US and the UK gov agencies have been exposed as regarding themselves as the true policymakers and are reacting very strongly to Trump in the US upsetting their business as usual applecart and to disruption of the globalist project in the UK.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
A minor quibble, but there's no smear campaign required here. The circumstances around Hunter Biden's exploits in the Ukraine are a massive red flag and his China involvement even more so. There is very strong circumstantial evidence that a serving US vice president was heavily compromised by the most dangerous adversary of the US. It is a scandal that the media are prepared to brush it aside like they are doing. Biden may be innocent of corruption, although certainly guilty of crass stupidity, but the media have been making little attempt to find out the truth. I haven't forgotten the Swift Boat smears, the Birthers and such like and I thought the Republicans were completely out of order at the time. I'm a little more disturbed by the behaviour of the Democrats right now though given the extent of their media support and the direction the West is going in. What also looks different now, although it may always have been so but hidden from view, is the way that the permanent arms of government seem to be involved in a partisan way. My impression is that in both the US and the UK gov agencies have been exposed as regarding themselves as the true policymakers and are reacting very strongly to Trump in the US upsetting their business as usual applecart and to disruption of the globalist project in the UK.
I have to cop to the fact that in spite of not knowing very much about the accusations against Biden, I think they are probably bullshit. I know that is biased, but this sounds too much like one of the Republicans' favorite tricks - accusing Democrats of the same shit they've been accused of (for instance making accusations of "voter fraud" to justify fraudulent purges of the voter rolls).

On the off chance that I'm wrong about that, what should I read to learn more about the accusations? Are there any trustworthy sources that have the scoop?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Well, I have to say that Old-Ones seems to make a lot of sense.On the other hand, he has this colonial thing about sticking to facts instead of folklore like Comet {Pizza Hillary hit list...
Maybe he is an ISIS member?

Ok, Ok, so if a poor black man lives in a food desert in Detroit and can't get pizza, that means pizza is white supremacist and doesn't exist because he doesn't see the pizza, and that means white people made it up, does that make sense? And also pizza is from Italy, which is also where white people come from so pizza is also toxic whiteness and it also doesn't exist, and Italy also doesn't exist because the black person doesn't see Italy, so the white people made up Italy. So that means if someone of color is in a pizza parlor they have to be victims of whiteness and white supremacy, and that intersects with gender oppression and the cis-hetero patriarchy. Does that make sense? So that means that pizza parlors are actually rape dungeons, because pizza doesn't exist and Italy doesn't exist and as a white woman Hillary Clinton may very well be at fault for that because she has whiteness. Does that make sense?

:twatson:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The current partisan conflict began in 2016 because the Democrat liberal SJW axis combined to wage total war.

Pussy hats. Madonna et al, MSM sickness, rabid-Democrats (Waters etc), open borders, the co-opting of Orwell’s newspeak (‘undocumented immigrants), 538 podcasts obsessing about race ... ain’t no BAU on show here.

This is my current view. Blue skies. Enjoy.

Your anger and aggression is a flag that your position is driven by unstable-emotions.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote: The current partisan conflict began in 2016 because the Democrat liberal SJW axis combined to wage total war.

Pussy hats. Madonna et al, MSM sickness, rabid-Democrats (Waters etc), open borders, the co-opting of Orwell’s newspeak (‘undocumented immigrants), 538 podcasts obsessing about race ... ain’t no BAU on show here.
If they had combined then the impeachment would have started as soon as Trump took office. The SJWs wanted to impeach Trump for basically being Hitler (in their view) since before he took office. That's how you know that elected members of The Democratic Party and the most extreme left-wing nutjobs in the country are actually two distinct groups (with some degree of overlap in people like AOC) rather than a unitary whole. That's the basic problem with your analysis and probably your worldview in general. It's the same error that SJWs make when they announce that Trump is a literal nazi because the folks who showed up to the "Unite the Right" march appear to be fans of his, and some of them are nazis. The Republican party is not the alt-right; The Democratic party is not Antifa. DC isn't the same thing as the campus of Evergreen State or Google's HR department.

The other problem you have is that you like to completely ignore all the reasons the media, Democrats and SJWs have for being against Trump. Some of those reasons are invalid, but many are valid. When there is a new corruption story about him every day, and you attribute the resistance to him 100% to derangement and conspiracies, it just makes you sound like a dimwit. As though maybe you can't don't reed 2 gud.

My bet, though, is that it makes you feel better to spread narratives that you know to be indefensible, which blame the people you don't like for everything wrong in the world. That would explain why you are impervious to facts and rarely use them in your posts.

Your anger and aggression is a flag that your position is driven by unstable-emotions.
:roll:

Gee thanks doc, but didn't you forget to include a diagnosis with your ad hominem?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Far be it from me to point to the Trump thread when this place is already deader than a doornail…

Also, my country recently returned a tired, incompetent government who spent the first half of the year laying mines because they so expected to lose. It just so happened the opposition managed to be so awful that they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, helped, in no small part, by woke climate activists who thought the best way to help was to harass the working class in key seats. I ended up voting informal in the House because there was no candidate even prepared to pay lip service to cutting immigration. So, I’m not sure how much my voice really matters.

That being said, you guys have a binary choice. Given the same choice between Clinton and Trump knowing what I know now, I’d still pick Trump. That doesn’t mean that I think he is the best president ever (although he’s far from the worst), or that I don’t see his flaws. This time around, the Democratic field seems incredibly weak. I mean, how hard should it be to be better than Trump?

I’d also argue the ‘culture war’ goes back to the reformation, if you want to play the who started it game. The media is a large part of the reason that Trump is doing as well as he is. Why the fuck are they wasting time reporting two scoops of ice cream, or proving an obvious photoshop of a dog is fake? There’s enough real stuff to repeat to not need that silliness. I’d also say the Mueller investigation was a first attempt at removing Trump. We know now the original source was RNC financed, then taken over by Clinton when Trump got the nomination and relied on ‘colluding’ with a foreign power and corruption within the Obama administration to get as far as it did. As a non-citizen, I also really hate how the likes of John Brennan and James Clapper have been whitewashed and deemed ‘good’ despite their lies to Congress effecting even me. You at least have the Bill of Rights to (supposedly) protect you. Get Jim Webb to run again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fact is, the Ukraine President denies the coercion
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/1 ... ate-biden/

Fact is, Hunter admits Ukraine was “poor judgement”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... aine-swamp

Fact is, Maxine Waters is the new face of the Democrats and she is madder than a cut snake

Fact is, the Democrats only got the numbers to impeach since the midterms. And have wasted no time, simply waiting for something made out of four ply tissue instead of the usual two.

Fact is, as I said, the Dems would hang DJT from a clothes peg if they could

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Bhurzum wrote: Nerdy/gamer alert.

The trailer for Diablo 4 dropped the other day and boy-howdy, it looks amazing! Blizzard are taking the IP back to its gory, horrific roots and have produced a cinematic straight out of the fevered mind of Clive Barker. Even if you're not a fan and have no idea who/what is going on, it's worth a watch - seriously cutting edge CGI.

I am excited, but apprehensive. Many things from Diablo 3 is coming back, like Paragon system and Rifts, which I didn't like. And it's going to be "always online" again, which if you were around during the Diablo 3 launch, "error 37" was a common occurence. Not to mention disconnects and "maintenance." I bought the game, I want to play the damn thing. It doesn't seem like they've learned anything. I like the look and feel of the game that I've seen so far, Lilith does look amazing and they got the voice talents of Ralph Ineson and Richard Dormer (Richard was Beric Dondarrion on GoT). But that's about it.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Brive1987 wrote: Fact is, the Ukraine President denies the coercion
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/1 ... ate-biden/

Fact is, Hunter admits Ukraine was “poor judgement”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... aine-swamp

Fact is, the Democrats only got the numbers to impeach since the midterms. And have wasted no time, simply waiting for something made out of four ply tissue instead of the usual two.

Fact is, as I said, the Dems would hang DJT from a clothes peg if they could
I wish they would just open up proceedings and show their findings. For years I read about the alleged Russian collusion and how this would lead to an impeachment, and now for weeks I've read about the alleged coercion of Ukraine and how this would lead to an impeachment. If the evidence is so ironclad, impeach the bastard. At the moment it's just a bunch of white noise.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Old_ones wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:32 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
I have to cop to the fact that in spite of not knowing very much about the accusations against Biden, I think they are probably bullshit. I know that is biased, but this sounds too much like one of the Republicans' favorite tricks - accusing Democrats of the same shit they've been accused of (for instance making accusations of "voter fraud" to justify fraudulent purges of the voter rolls).

On the off chance that I'm wrong about that, what should I read to learn more about the accusations? Are there any trustworthy sources that have the scoop?
TBH I haven't bookmarked the sources. You will get a raft of opinions, each stating facts as supposed slam dunks to discount or bolster the claims. I would guess that most of the sources are biased, but the facts quoted are probably true. What does appear to be the core of it though, is that Hunter traveled with Daddy to Ukraine, about a week after Hunter's business partner had met with Biden in the Whitehouse, and was shortly thereafter awarded a seat on the Burisma board for which there seems no legitimate reason. There are claims that Burisma was not under investigation at the time, which may be true, but the oligarch who owned the company definitely was under investigation. Britain had just frozen his assets. The China affair is far more serious. A bank owned by the Chinese government gave over a billion dollars in business to an investment company Hunter and his partner were involved in, again contemporaneously with Joe's presence. The deal was apparently very unusual and there appears no particular business imperative to strike such a deal with that particular company. Although I haven't looked into it, Hunter appears to have been involved with big contracts in Iraq at the time Daddy was involved there. While all of these dealings may technically be legal, they raise a huge stink and should probably render Biden unfit for office. I can only imagine what CNN and the NYT would be doing to Trump if something like this came out about him. The facts look really bad. I haven't seen the left-leaning media come up with anything other than cherry-picked, isolated facts to exonerate Biden, so I tend to believe that the story is pretty much as I said.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Old_ones wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Brive1987 wrote: The current partisan conflict began in 2016 because the Democrat liberal SJW axis combined to wage total war.

If they had combined then the impeachment would have started as soon as Trump took office. The SJWs wanted to impeach Trump for basically being Hitler (in their view) since before he took office. That's how you know that elected members of The Democratic Party and the most extreme left-wing nutjobs in the country are actually two distinct groups (with some degree of overlap in people like AOC) rather than a unitary whole. That's the basic problem with your analysis and probably your worldview in general. It's the same error that SJWs make when they announce that Trump is a literal nazi because the folks who showed up to the "Unite the Right" march appear to be fans of his, and some of them are nazis. The Republican party is not the alt-right; The Democratic party is not Antifa. DC isn't the same thing as the campus of Evergreen State or Google's HR department.

The other problem you have is that you like to completely ignore all the reasons the media, Democrats and SJWs have for being against Trump. Some of those reasons are invalid, but many are valid. When there is a new corruption story about him every day, and you attribute the resistance to him 100% to derangement and conspiracies, it just makes you sound like a dimwit. As though maybe you can't don't reed 2 gud.

My bet, though, is that it makes you feel better to spread narratives that you know to be indefensible, which blame the people you don't like for everything wrong in the world. That would explain why you are impervious to facts and rarely use them in your posts.

Gee thanks doc, but didn't you forget to include a diagnosis with your ad hominem?
There are some major city administrations which are patently tolerant of Antifa violence. Outside of some hick rural town I don't think you will be able to find an equivalent tolerance of right-wing instigated violence. It is quite hard to get left wing politicians to condemn Antifa, but you'd have to look quite hard to find a Republican who isn't anti white supremacist. The Democrats are playing a dangerous game of pretending that Antifa are way less violent than they actually are, or making them out to be acting in self defence. You will find the same thing in the UK. The gov actually supports organisations like Hope Not Hate who will actually set Antifa on to the targets of their hatred when they can. It is difficult to get the police to prosecute left wing activists who attack people. The media portrayal of Hope not Hate is at odds with their actual nature. I am quite contemptuous of Republican mendacity and self-righteousness. Now I think that the left are a far more serious threat given the speed at which the very concepts of the legitimacy of the nation state, patriotism and self-reliance have fallen away. I think that Jordan Peterson is on the money when he says that almost everyone recognises and condemns right wing extremism but fails to recognise the dangers of left wing extremism because equality and fairness are seductive concepts.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

9 American women & children shot-up by Mexican cartel, en route to Mormon wedding.

I can so easily envision PZ's 'good riddance' blog post.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: 9 American women & children shot-up by Mexican cartel, en route to Mormon wedding.

I can so easily envision PZ's 'good riddance' blog post.
I can imagine his 3" hate-boner as he fantasizes about himself as the murderer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:32 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

TBH I haven't bookmarked the sources. You will get a raft of opinions, each stating facts as supposed slam dunks to discount or bolster the claims. I would guess that most of the sources are biased, but the facts quoted are probably true. What does appear to be the core of it though, is that Hunter traveled with Daddy to Ukraine, about a week after Hunter's business partner had met with Biden in the Whitehouse, and was shortly thereafter awarded a seat on the Burisma board for which there seems no legitimate reason. There are claims that Burisma was not under investigation at the time, which may be true, but the oligarch who owned the company definitely was under investigation. Britain had just frozen his assets. The China affair is far more serious. A bank owned by the Chinese government gave over a billion dollars in business to an investment company Hunter and his partner were involved in, again contemporaneously with Joe's presence. The deal was apparently very unusual and there appears no particular business imperative to strike such a deal with that particular company. Although I haven't looked into it, Hunter appears to have been involved with big contracts in Iraq at the time Daddy was involved there. While all of these dealings may technically be legal, they raise a huge stink and should probably render Biden unfit for office. I can only imagine what CNN and the NYT would be doing to Trump if something like this came out about him. The facts look really bad. I haven't seen the left-leaning media come up with anything other than cherry-picked, isolated facts to exonerate Biden, so I tend to believe that the story is pretty much as I said.
Biden had a loser son, his fleecing was white as snow. And everywhere that Biden went, his son got a lucrative job from that country's government.

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
TBH I haven't bookmarked the sources. You will get a raft of opinions, each stating facts as supposed slam dunks to discount or bolster the claims. I would guess that most of the sources are biased, but the facts quoted are probably true.
The rumors that are floating around are usually short on particulars and if they give any sources from Ukraine they are quoting Victor Shokin, Yanukovich's fired and discredited prosecutor that is now in exile in Moscow. Crook and liar as well as tool of Putin. the other go to guy is Dymitro Firtash:
Dmytro Vasylovych Firtash (Ukrainian: Дмитро́ Васи́льович Фі́рташ; born 2 May 1965) is a Ukrainian businessman who heads the board of directors of Group DF.[1] U.S. federal prosecutors described Firtash in 2017 court papers as an associate of Russian organized crime.[2] He was highly influential during the Yuschenko administration[citation needed] and Yanukovych administration.[3] As a middleman for the Russian natural gas giant Gazprom, Firtash funneled money into the campaigns of pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine.[4]

His many roles during the Yuschenko administration included: presidency[5] of the Federation of Employers of Ukraine (FEU), an interest association of industrial enterprises that he chairs;[6] chairmanship[7] of the National Tripartite Social and Economic Council (NTSEC); co-chairmanship[8] of Domestic and Foreign Investors Advisory Council under the Ministry of Education, Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine; and membership[9] in the Committee for Economic Reforms under the President of Ukraine.

Firtash was arrested by Austrian authorities in March 2014. In February 2017, the Vienna Court of Appeals ordered that Firtash be extradited to the United States, to face charges that he had secured a titanium extraction permit in India through $18.5 million in bribes.
Giuliani and his associates, Fruhman and Parnas (now indicted) were headed to Vienna to "investigate" Biden. Presumably their source was Firtash.
If you believe that "biased" sources aren't telling outright falsehoods about this matter then I have to believe you are naive.
If you would like the facts so far uncovered by reputable journalists this is a good example:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hunt ... SKBN1WX1P7

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Biden had a loser son, his fleecing was white as snow. And everywhere that Biden went, his son got a lucrative job from that country's government.
Humpty Trumpty wanted to build a wall, Humpty Trumpty continually lies. And many of the king's horses and the king's men are gullible enough to believe them.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://i.imgur.com/x3T843m.jpg?1

Hell yes, we're going to take your Popeye's Chicken Sandwich, your AR-by's #15, your sawed-off six inch subs...

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Service Dog wrote: https://i.imgur.com/x3T843m.jpg?1

Hell yes, we're going to take your Popeye's Chicken Sandwich, your AR-by's #15, your sawed-off six inch subs...

It's a chicken sandwich for crying out loud. But then again I haven't had Popeye's. I want to say first world problem, but stabbing over a sandwich does not seem to fit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote: It's a chicken sandwich for crying out loud. But then again I haven't had Popeye's. I want to say first world problem, but stabbing over a sandwich does not seem to fit.
Not the sort of thing I would do - but then I am what I am.

Perhaps it would be better with Dijon mustard - if you are looking for a French Connection.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://i.imgur.com/vLssL2v.jpg
Man charged after allegedly pulling gun over sold-out Popeyes sandwiches
https://abc13.com/man-charged-after-all ... s/5657607/

viral Popeyes exposé video also exposes whistleblower's previous public gunfire video

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is hurting military readiness
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/ ... readiness/

"During the Popeyes frenzy, some social media posts suggested that anyone enjoying the distraction is being duped, captivated by gross capitalism. Or that lighter-skinned people have an affinity for Chick-fil-A, while darker-skinned black people have one for Popeyes. Continue to look and you’ll see posts, including one from actress and singer Janelle Monáe, suggesting that black people care more about this sandwich than they do about voting. The sad part: This judgmental analysis ends up creating the same undue burden that often gets placed on the shoulders of black working communities."
https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commen ... 90829.html

"Chicken Takeaway Boxes Warn Young People Of Knife Crime Danger"

ThreeFlangedJavis

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:20 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
TBH I haven't bookmarked the sources. You will get a raft of opinions, each stating facts as supposed slam dunks to discount or bolster the claims. I would guess that most of the sources are biased, but the facts quoted are probably true.
The rumors that are floating around are usually short on particulars and if they give any sources from Ukraine they are quoting Victor Shokin, Yanukovich's fired and discredited prosecutor that is now in exile in Moscow. Crook and liar as well as tool of Putin. the other go to guy is Dymitro Firtash:
Dmytro Vasylovych Firtash (Ukrainian: Дмитро́ Васи́льович Фі́рташ; born 2 May 1965) is a Ukrainian businessman who heads the board of directors of Group DF.[1] U.S. federal prosecutors described Firtash in 2017 court papers as an associate of Russian organized crime.[2] He was highly influential during the Yuschenko administration[citation needed] and Yanukovych administration.[3] As a middleman for the Russian natural gas giant Gazprom, Firtash funneled money into the campaigns of pro-Russia politicians in Ukraine.[4]

His many roles during the Yuschenko administration included: presidency[5] of the Federation of Employers of Ukraine (FEU), an interest association of industrial enterprises that he chairs;[6] chairmanship[7] of the National Tripartite Social and Economic Council (NTSEC); co-chairmanship[8] of Domestic and Foreign Investors Advisory Council under the Ministry of Education, Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine; and membership[9] in the Committee for Economic Reforms under the President of Ukraine.

Firtash was arrested by Austrian authorities in March 2014. In February 2017, the Vienna Court of Appeals ordered that Firtash be extradited to the United States, to face charges that he had secured a titanium extraction permit in India through $18.5 million in bribes.
Giuliani and his associates, Fruhman and Parnas (now indicted) were headed to Vienna to "investigate" Biden. Presumably their source was Firtash.
If you believe that "biased" sources aren't telling outright falsehoods about this matter then I have to believe you are naive.
If you would like the facts so far uncovered by reputable journalists this is a good example:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hunt ... SKBN1WX1P7
Which misses the point. Why did Joe Biden give his son a "lift" to the Ukraine. Why, out of all of the lawyers in the world does Hunter Biden get a board membership in a Ukrainian company shortly thereafter? Why did Joe think his son was accompanying him to the Ukraine? If he knew the purpose then he must have known that Hunter was only getting the position because of his access. Why does the Chinese govt give a massive contract to Hunter Biden's investment co? What qualifies him other than the fact that he is the son of the US vice president? Why did Joe think his son was traveling to China with him? At the very least he was knowingly helping his son to take advantage of his proximity to power and giving him tacit approval by traveling with him. Biden didn't have to overtly engage in any coercion, he was helping his son benefit from his position as VP in a way that could potentially have compromised him with a major power. Biden's apologists can do all of the Po-faced "nothing to see here" reporting they wish, they do not contradict the known facts which point to the kind of seediness and nepotism which you would certainly want to know about in a presidential candidate. There's a big ink cloud being squirted by the media.

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlangedJavis: Where is your source that Hunter Biden accompanied his father to the Ukraine? Did that happen?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

How did Hunter Biden get an exemption to enter the US Navy, despite being over the age limit?

Why was Hunter Biden's dead brother's Attorney General Badge found in a rental car, with cocaine, during one of Hunter's crack cocaine binges?

What ever happened to "Bicycles", the street name of the homeless women who lived with Hunter Biden for several months & fetched drugs for him?

What about the Samoan man known on the street as "Baby Down", who intervened when Hunter Biden got into an argument outside a Hollywood Boulevard nightclub... leading Biden away from bouncers & to Mel's Drive-In for a meal... was this a quid pro quo for Joe Biden's refueling stop in Pago Pago Samoa-- where Biden perhaps sniffed a young boy's hair & perhaps was looking for dirt on Republican vice-president Dan Quayle (the last Vice-President to visit Samoa-- deeming the residents 'happy campers'). Or perhaps attempting a birther attack on Tulsi Gabbard, born in American Samoa.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/07/ ... can-samoa/

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: How did Hunter Biden get an exemption to enter the US Navy, despite being over the age limit?

Why was Hunter Biden's dead brother's Attorney General Badge found in a rental car, with cocaine, during one of Hunter's crack cocaine binges?

What ever happened to "Bicycles", the street name of the homeless women who lived with Hunter Biden for several months & fetched drugs for him?

What about the Samoan man known on the street as "Baby Down", who intervened when Hunter Biden got into an argument outside a Hollywood Boulevard nightclub... leading Biden away from bouncers & to Mel's Drive-In for a meal... was this a quid pro quo for Joe Biden's refueling stop in Pago Pago Samoa-- where Biden perhaps sniffed a young boy's hair & perhaps was looking for dirt on Republican vice-president Dan Quayle (the last Vice-President to visit Samoa-- deeming the residents 'happy campers'). Or perhaps attempting a birther attack on Tulsi Gabbard, born in American Samoa.
Interesting questions! I don't know the answers to any of them, although I suspect that "Bicycles" was killed by Hillary.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Bhurzum wrote: Nerdy/gamer alert.

Impressive, but not being a gamer I need to ask:
With the latest hardware , will you actually get anywhere near that sort of quality playing the game or is it just produced for the adverts?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

My guess would be that the trailer and cut scenes would be of that quality - but the game itself would have different graphics (if only to not be so distracting).

Of course, who really knows - but I've heard that seeing as Diablo 3 was not a great success that they are looking back to Diablo 2 for inspiration.

The mythology seems a bit weird - introducing the Lilith character (and mother of monsters) references Jewish mythology - where previously they were keeping their distance from current religions.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Apologies for the misuse of 'weird'.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:25 am
ThreeFlangedJavis: Where is your source that Hunter Biden accompanied his father to the Ukraine? Did that happen?
Off the top of my head I don't remember where, but I know it was in multiple places not so obscure as to have escaped attention. I have not seen it denied yet.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote: How did Hunter Biden get an exemption to enter the US Navy, despite being over the age limit?

Interesting questions! I don't know the answers to any of them, although I suspect that "Bicycles" was killed by Hillary.
Apparently she delivered pizzas. The answer is right there as to why she was killed (by Hillary [as if that needed further expansion]).

free thoughtpolice

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:25 am
Off the top of my head I don't remember where, but I know it was in multiple places not so obscure as to have escaped attention. I have not seen it denied yet.
I couldn't find those allegations on google. The closest I could find was from a Bloomberg article:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -quicktake
5. What does Trump say?
Without substantiation, Trump has said and tweeted that the Biden family “was paid off, pure and simple” and accused the family of corruption, extortion and “pillaging” foreign countries. He’s called them “stone-cold crooked” and publicly urged Ukraine and China to open criminal investigations of them. (Trump’s contention that Hunter Biden flew to Beijing aboard the vice president’s aircraft and left a billionaire -- the episode he wants China to investigate -- isn’t supported by the available facts, either. Still, Hunter Biden said he’s resigning from the board of a Chinese-backed private equity company and would forgo all foreign work if his father is elected president.)
Maybe the claim you recall was Hunter flying to China aboard the presidential jet, apparently just another blatant falsehood by pathological liar Trump.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I come to the Pit for arguments such as the one happening over the Bidens and the Ukraine, etc.

Here is what I don't understand from the MSM accounts.

How and why did Hunter Biden get the Ukraine position? Did he know Eastern European energy? He himself admitted that he got the job because of his surname.

How do we know that prosecutor was "discredited"? Because American Democrats said so? People who have a vested interest in protecting the Bidens and their involvement in the Ukraine and China, etc?

Can we really argue that Rachel Maddow would simultaneously shit and cum if it came out that one of the Trump boys had those jobs in the same companies?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Things change more quickly than expected. Having had night sweats, dyspnœa and fatigue, a CT scan last week confirmed enlarged nodes everywhere, but my delightful young Egyptian hematologist told me today that my expectation of repeat fludaribine/cyclophosphamide/rituximab as second line therapy was outdated and 'too harsh' for someone of my age. Now I must read all about ibrutinib and whether I am still allowed to use a straight razor and to sip a little whisky (initial readings are 'no' to both). Mean progression free survival on this is 35 months, so maybe worth forgoing a proper shave (there's always a mini-BMT or venetoclax afterwards). First, I have to prove the chromosomal studies of the malignant B cells haven't developed any nasty changes, and I have to get a lymph node out to ensure that we are not dealing with a transformation to another kind of lymphoma. I do have some goals:
1. I need to see Trudeau fall
2. Ditto Trump
3. Brexit happen, preferably the 'clean break'
4. Season 3 of 'The Crown'
5. Yeah, a few more rats

Not looking for any replies. Just information in case I disappear. Carry on (and I shall do the same).

free thoughtpolice

Really wrote;
How do we know that prosecutor was "discredited"? Because American Democrats said so? People who have a vested interest in protecting the Bidens and their involvement in the Ukraine and China, etc?
The prosecutor in question, Shokin, was called on for removal by not just the US, but other donors to Ukraine, the EU, IMF,...
He was long known to have close links to the Kremlin like his boss/associate Yanukovich. Both currently live in Moscow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Maybe the claim you recall was Hunter flying to China aboard the presidential jet, apparently just another blatant falsehood by pathological liar Trump.
Nope, that's not a 'claim', it's an indisputable fact, as reported by NBC News from a reporter actually on Air Force Two with the Bidens on the trip.

free thoughtpolice

I wrote:
Maybe the claim you recall was Hunter flying to China aboard the presidential jet, apparently just another blatant falsehood by pathological liar Trump
On further research, the falsehood isn't the claim that Hunter went to China aboard Airforce 2. It was that he came back a billionaire.
Apparently Hunter and his daughter accompanied Biden on a trip to China and Hunter briefly met with someone he had already been doing business with.
Admittedly doesn't look good even if technically legal.

free thoughtpolice

By the way, I wrote that comment before I saw jugheadnaut's correction.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Far be it from me to point to the Trump thread when this place is already deader than a doornail…

Also, my country recently returned a tired, incompetent government who spent the first half of the year laying mines because they so expected to lose. It just so happened the opposition managed to be so awful that they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, helped, in no small part, by woke climate activists who thought the best way to help was to harass the working class in key seats. I ended up voting informal in the House because there was no candidate even prepared to pay lip service to cutting immigration. So, I’m not sure how much my voice really matters.

That being said, you guys have a binary choice. Given the same choice between Clinton and Trump knowing what I know now, I’d still pick Trump. That doesn’t mean that I think he is the best president ever (although he’s far from the worst), or that I don’t see his flaws. This time around, the Democratic field seems incredibly weak. I mean, how hard should it be to be better than Trump?

I’d also argue the ‘culture war’ goes back to the reformation, if you want to play the who started it game. The media is a large part of the reason that Trump is doing as well as he is. Why the fuck are they wasting time reporting two scoops of ice cream, or proving an obvious photoshop of a dog is fake? There’s enough real stuff to repeat to not need that silliness. I’d also say the Mueller investigation was a first attempt at removing Trump. We know now the original source was RNC financed, then taken over by Clinton when Trump got the nomination and relied on ‘colluding’ with a foreign power and corruption within the Obama administration to get as far as it did. As a non-citizen, I also really hate how the likes of John Brennan and James Clapper have been whitewashed and deemed ‘good’ despite their lies to Congress effecting even me. You at least have the Bill of Rights to (supposedly) protect you. Get Jim Webb to run again.
The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There has only ever been one perfect opener.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Typo-gate. CNN is on the case.

:hankey:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: The mythology seems a bit weird - introducing the Lilith character (and mother of monsters) references Jewish mythology - where previously they were keeping their distance from current religions.
They borrow from mythology although it's mainly names only. The "mother of monsters" theme does sound familiar though...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dia ... 0619005911

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith

Even though I hate Blizzard with a passion, I'm currently in the "shut up and take my money" camp. ;)

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Pitchguest wrote:

I wish they would just open up proceedings and show their findings. For years I read about the alleged Russian collusion and how this would lead to an impeachment, and now for weeks I've read about the alleged coercion of Ukraine and how this would lead to an impeachment. If the evidence is so ironclad, impeach the bastard. At the moment it's just a bunch of white noise.
The Russia collusion thing didn't lead to an impeachment because most Dems didn't think there were adequate grounds - they never had the votes for impeachment.

The Ukraine thing already is an impeachment. Right now they are taking depositions and acquiring evidence, and some of that will be behind closed doors. The evidence is going to be presented and made public, and the trial in the Senate will be public.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote: Far be it from me to point to the Trump thread when this place is already deader than a doornail…

The question isn’t when did the culture war start. The issue is when and why did it accelerate into current form.

Even by the "moronic celebrities making inflamatory statements" standard this is older than 2016. As usual, you just don't consider more than one side of the equation.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote: Things change more quickly than expected. Having had night sweats, dyspnœa and fatigue, a CT scan last week confirmed enlarged nodes everywhere, but my delightful young Egyptian hematologist told me today that my expectation of repeat fludaribine/cyclophosphamide/rituximab as second line therapy was outdated and 'too harsh' for someone of my age. Now I must read all about ibrutinib and whether I am still allowed to use a straight razor and to sip a little whisky (initial readings are 'no' to both). Mean progression free survival on this is 35 months, so maybe worth forgoing a proper shave (there's always a mini-BMT or venetoclax afterwards). First, I have to prove the chromosomal studies of the malignant B cells haven't developed any nasty changes, and I have to get a lymph node out to ensure that we are not dealing with a transformation to another kind of lymphoma. I do have some goals:
2. Ditto Trump
5. Yeah, a few more rats

Not looking for any replies. Just information in case I disappear. Carry on (and I shall do the same).
Fingers crossed for you!

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Old_ones wrote:
Even by the "moronic celebrities making inflamatory statements" standard this is older than 2016. As usual, you just don't consider more than one side of the equation.

If you don't want to go to the link, its a video posted in 2007 of Ted Nugent walking around with a couple of ARs with drum mags, yelling that Obama and Hillary Clinton can "suck on his machine guns". Totally pales in comparison to Madonna saying she wants to "blow up the white house" though, because a reasonable person might conclude that a pampered middle aged pop diva like Madonna is a credible threat to the white house.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I had to google iTed Nugent. Apparently one of his wiki-worthy accomplishments was to star in 1975s Demon Lover Diary.

And he is an NRA dude, which probably accounts for his unreasonably defensive concern for his ARs in the face of gun control. Madonna’s nuance basis for her fantasy is less obvious.

You’d probably know whether Ted was the tip of the spear of an MSM led right-wing insurgency against Obama. That bit wasn’t in the Wikipedia article.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You’re lucky CaptainFluffy isn’t here to school you on “whataboutism “ 8-) :lol: :lol: More predictable than my morning stool.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Speaking of Madonna, I thought this video was interesting:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Really? wrote: I come to the Pit for arguments such as the one happening over the Bidens and the Ukraine, etc.

Here is what I don't understand from the MSM accounts.

How and why did Hunter Biden get the Ukraine position? Did he know Eastern European energy? He himself admitted that he got the job because of his surname.

Can we really argue that Rachel Maddow would simultaneously shit and cum if it came out that one of the Trump boys had those jobs in the same companies?
I come here for the abuse. Am I in the wrong forum?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: Things change more quickly than expected. Having had night sweats, dyspnœa and fatigue, a CT scan last week confirmed enlarged nodes everywhere, but my delightful young Egyptian hematologist told me today that my expectation of repeat fludaribine/cyclophosphamide/rituximab as second line therapy was outdated and 'too harsh' for someone of my age. Now I must read all about ibrutinib and whether I am still allowed to use a straight razor and to sip a little whisky (initial readings are 'no' to both). Mean progression free survival on this is 35 months, so maybe worth forgoing a proper shave (there's always a mini-BMT or venetoclax afterwards). First, I have to prove the chromosomal studies of the malignant B cells haven't developed any nasty changes, and I have to get a lymph node out to ensure that we are not dealing with a transformation to another kind of lymphoma. I do have some goals:
2. Ditto Trump
5. Yeah, a few more rats

If this isn't the answer to all of your problems, then I don't know what is.

http://static.dudeiwantthat.com/img/exc ... -31505.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: There has only ever been one perfect opener.

Why are you talking video games when there's science to be done?