You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
ThreeFlangedJavis

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

[quote=Hunt post_id=492498 time=1569141717 user_id=715
I really think what burns them more than anything else is that not only is Peterson wildly successful, he's mostly been borne upward by young men, who find his drivel? helpful, for whatever reason. What helps young men--evil evil young whitey white men--must somehow harm women; it's got to!
[/quote]

As usual, they are completely ignoring that he is vehemently opposed to any form of politics based on group ID, which would include misogyny and racist politics, but then their real beef is that he also opposes their identity politics.

No doubt Peterson sometimes says some silly things. Overall he is a strong positive influence IMO because he not only opposes bad ideas, he points to concrete ways for people to improve their own lives and the lives of others. He himself freely admits that he isn't saying anything new at all, just that nobody else seems to have the courage or inclination to be telling the young what they need to hear. He is Tony Robbins without the bullshit, Rhonda Byrne without the mystical wooey abdication of responsibility. He has a mass following and he is telling his followers that they have every reason to be bitter at life and that they can do something to avoid the bitterness. Most "inspirational" speakers soft soap the first part and/or provide magical thinking as a solution to the second.

I don't think Peterson denied that he is susceptible to the problems plagueing the human condition or that people sometimes need external help. His message is more that not taking responsibility for your life is always going to be worse than the alternative.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lol.

Silverman has done an interview with Sargon.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

BTW, one of the accusers of Silverman was someone called Rose St. Clair. I'm fairly certain she was one of the "sister punishers" who was critical of Rebecca Watson after ElevatorGate.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

InfraRedBucket wrote: :evil:
Police are a violent gang of terrorists, easily identified by their uniform attire, allowed to operate in known locations, with shady ties, support, and funding from powerful institutions.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Service Dog wrote: Police are a violent gang of terrorists, easily identified by their uniform attire, allowed to operate in known locations, with shady ties, support, and funding from powerful institutions.
Yes, and you would still be way worse off without them.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

CommanderTuvok wrote: BTW, one of the accusers of Silverman was someone called Rose St. Clair. I'm fairly certain she was one of the "sister punishers" who was critical of Rebecca Watson after ElevatorGate.
The following quote is from Silverman's website. In the Atheist Republic interview, Silverman paraphrased it, but omitted the name 'Richard', instead saying the quote referred to a previous boyfriend of "R" (aka the former Mrs. Dillahunty/Beth Pressman). I'm curious whether it refers to Richard Carrier. Ideally, Carrier will deny it's true-- and call her a whore-- and then sue Silverman for libel!
“Call me a Slut, call me a whore, call me a hole. Richard XXX isn’t even man enough to call me a slut” – R, during negotiations
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-lmao:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fegg wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Police are a violent gang of terrorists, easily identified by their uniform attire, allowed to operate in known locations, with shady ties, support, and funding from powerful institutions.
This is the most retarded thread you could say that in. On Balance, the people whose lives are destroyed by the cop in that video are not better off thanks to police.

Also, if you mean me specifically, that ~I~ am better off with police than without them... sure, technically that's true. But that doesn't reflect-well on the police. It's true because I'm an opportunist who is individually able to thrive in the corrupt police-infested environment. Police cause problems which people pay me to avoid or fix. It's an artificial economy created by corruption. But most people aren't able to walk-between the blue raindrops, like I do, maaaaaaan.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

What do y'all think about this Brooke Skylar Richardson case, where a cute blond cheerleader killed and then burned and buried her newborn baby? She's been found not guilty of murder, but it sounds like a really cutesy little inbred Ohio town, where some good old boys just beat the shit out of a network cameraman trying to take video of her.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Fegg wrote:
True, but unfortunately most of them in the US are a)steroid-eating cunts; b)fat old cunts c)good-old-boy cunts; d)semi-retarded cunts. Bunch of cunts who get to retire at 55 on good pensions paid by taxpayers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Got this from WEIT - hilarious!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Fegg wrote:
True, but unfortunately most of them in the US are a)steroid-eating cunts; b)fat old cunts c)good-old-boy cunts; d)semi-retarded cunts. Bunch of cunts who get to retire at 55 on good pensions paid by taxpayers.

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
Police are a violent gang of terrorists, easily identified by their uniform attire, allowed to operate in known locations, with shady ties, support, and funding from powerful institutions.
my thoughts about cops is pretty complicated. I actually do some volunteer work with our cops, but I also know that many cops are corrupt. Some cops in my area make $15 per hour. Wtf. How can you find a professional at that price. And... If this bitch had me falsely arrested I would spend my life seeking revenge... and enjoying the planning

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
my thoughts about cops is pretty complicated. I actually do some volunteer work with our cops, but I also know that many cops are corrupt. Some cops in my area make $15 per hour. Wtf. How can you find a professional at that price. And... If this bitch had me falsely arrested I would spend my life seeking revenge... and enjoying the planning

John D

Post by John D »

Also, the cops in my suburban city are very professional and well trained... I am really impressed by them... so it is probably a good idea not to stereotype

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Cops?

:lol:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

It takes a special kind of stupid to not only plant evidence so brazenly, but also to do it while wearing a bodycam.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
The amount of footage of cops I've seen, primarily in the US but in other places as well, commiting some sort of gross violation or other is beyond counting. Law enforcement is in desperate need of reform and has been for some time. Too much force or too little, too quick to discipline or too lax. And that itchy trigger finger. It's as if once you become a police officer, you slowly get devoid of common sense.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shop ... z&usqp=CAc

Never trust a government official that color uncoordinated.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: my thoughts about cops is pretty complicated. I actually do some volunteer work with our cops, but I also know that many cops are corrupt. Some cops in my area make $15 per hour. Wtf. How can you find a professional at that price. And... If this bitch had me falsely arrested I would spend my life seeking revenge... and enjoying the planning
[
/quote]

:clap:

My thoughts exactly, especially if something really bad came of it or it wasn't corrected and heavily compensated. This has always been my philosophy. I endeavor to do right by people for one very good reason: human beings are the most dangerous animal on the planet. There is no other animal that will stalk you, with conniving intelligence, for years on end to catch you in a vulnerable spot. Never cross people that badly, and never, ever...EVER cross their loved ones or family.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Pitchguest wrote: The amount of footage of cops I've seen, primarily in the US but in other places as well, commiting some sort of gross violation or other is beyond counting. Law enforcement is in desperate need of reform and has been for some time. Too much force or too little, too quick to discipline or too lax. And that itchy trigger finger. It's as if once you become a police officer, you slowly get devoid of common sense.
Well, it's a corruption by power. You don't start out with grade A raw material. Nobody becomes a cop because they were too smart to become a neurosurgeon or too compassionate to become a social worker. It's like most professions, the people who become cops are exactly the people who shouldn't be cops. I think Murray Rothbard said people tend to do the thing their least suited for.

So the community college tyros completes, what?, four months of training and suddenly, fuck, people respect me! People are afraid of me! Their hands shake when I talk to them! I'm a fucking rock star! I can gloss over most of the law and just do what I want. 99% of the time I get away with it, no questions asked!

It's all too much for the average schmuck.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I could carry-on this schtick about how cops are violent organized terrorists-- but the thought of doing-so seems tiresome at the moment.
FWIW, I'm awake because of a noisy 3a.m. beatdown on the street. I was so tired from working in the sun all day, the noise went on quite-a-while before it roused me. It just the usual nightly background noise on this block.
The cops didn't come this time. I hoped they would-- not for justice or safety-- but just to pile more noisy violent shitheads on the noisy violent shitheads.
Yesterday (or the day before?) there was similar fight-- that one was a pack of black or latina women screeching and really going at it. Ended with red cop lights flashing on my ceiling.
--
All the defenses of some cops being professional, well-trained, better-than-nothing, underpaid, etc. ...could also be applied to certain gang members or terrorists or random lone thugs.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

12 minutes into Sargon with Silverman...

I'm fascinated by Silverman's little malapropisms. He garbles ideas in ways that 'you know what he meant', but are eyebrow-raising if taken literally.

In defense of feminism, Silverman reverses the usual "Equal pay for equal work". His version-- "Equal work for equal pay"-- sounds like an MRA!

I picture female co-workers being paid on Friday, then required to come in on Saturday to catch-up with the men-- on lifting heavy stuff & solving technical problems.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Hunt wrote:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shop ... z&usqp=CAc

Never trust a government official that color uncoordinated.
Damn right:
Blue_suit_brown_shoes.jpg
(450.13 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
The blighter probably does up the bottom button of his waistcoats too.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Pitchguest wrote:
It takes a special kind of stupid to not only plant evidence so brazenly, but also to do it while wearing a bodycam.
Yeah I wondered about that. But apparently he was trying to use some kind of slight to hand conjurers type trick off camera , to place it , probably thinking
if it was otherwise all caught on camera then it was an open and shut case - - obviously didn't work.
So that was stupid.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

screwtape wrote:
Damn right:
Blue_suit_brown_shoes.jpg

The blighter probably does up the bottom button of his waistcoats too.
First of all Justin Trudeau gets slammed for putting black shoe polish on his face.

Now you are slamming him for not using black shoe polish on his shoes.

Give the guy a break!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sargon: "Rebecca Watson and ElevatorGate..."

Silverman: "I was a part of that!"

Me: "Do it! Admit you were ElevatorGuy!"

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

John D wrote: Also, the cops in my suburban city are very professional and well trained... I am really impressed by them... so it is probably a good idea not to stereotype
Richard Price on The Moth: Bicycle Safety on Essex

https://themoth.org/stories/bicycle-safety-on-essex

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

I'm curious - for all the times I've heard unwashed hippies railing against the police, I've yet to hear a proposed solution (realistic, achievable, not susceptible to the same problems found within current police systems etc) or anything beyond the generic "we need to reform it" mantra.

Police are human, fall foul of the issues we're all prone to and unless you're suggesting a real-life Robocop, you're pissing in the wind and/or virtue signalling.

Also of note - for every corruption example raked across the media coals, there are uncountable events wherein the cops do a sterling job. It's like we always said - you're only as good as your latest fuck-up. By all means, hate the bad apples but be careful with the broadbrush.

Just my 2 cents.

Hippies.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: The amount of footage of cops I've seen, primarily in the US but in other places as well, commiting some sort of gross violation or other is beyond counting. Law enforcement is in desperate need of reform and has been for some time. Too much force or too little, too quick to discipline or too lax. And that itchy trigger finger. It's as if once you become a police officer, you slowly get devoid of common sense.
And just how much footage of cops doing an ordinary good job is shown? Nearly 1 million LEOs in the US, hundreds of millions of LEO-civilian interactions per year, yet you've determined the entire fucking institution "is in desperate need of reform" based on some attention-grabbing clips shared on twitter.

For some perspective, there's a cable TV show of raw, live police activity, Live PD. The restraint and patience shown by most LEOs is more than most folks could muster.

As for the 'itchy trigger finger', there are about 500 officer involved shootings in the entire goddamn United States. The overwhelming majority were incidents where a crime was in progress, the perp was armed, and innocent bystanders were in peril. In contrast, about 150 officers are killed by perps in the line of duty per year.

I don't know about your experiences, but it seems the folks who are always whining about how the cops shoot too quickly (or didn't shoot the perp in the hand or the leg) have: 1) never fired a gun; 2) never been in a situation where a split-instant decision meant life or death.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BoxNDox wrote:
John D wrote: Also, the cops in my suburban city are very professional and well trained... I am really impressed by them... so it is probably a good idea not to stereotype
Richard Price on The Moth: Bicycle Safety on Essex

Essex is the next stoplight downstream from me. Price describes the cops waiting at the end of the bridge, watching cars come from Brooklyn, looking for a pretext to pull someone-over & scrutinize them. That's outside my window, most mornings, starting at 8 a.m, the copcar loudspeaker: "Blutoyo Tapullova Todaleft!!! DaLeft! Blue Toyota Pull Ova To Da Left!" No respect for anyone still sleeping upstairs.

It's a super-important, necessary, public safety duty. Unless there's a chance of rain. Then fuck it, they don't bother.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: Nobody becomes a cop because they were too smart to become a neurosurgeon or too compassionate to become a social worker.
Well, the number two profession for sociopaths is neurosurgeon, and many of the social workers I've encountered are SJW political Kommisars in the waiting.

I've had my fair share of LEO interactions, and have a few ex-LEO friends. In my experience, they display the same spectrum of human traits as the rest of the population, but it's an inherently stressful job.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Cops take a lot of abuse from the public. If I got this type of lip I probably would of smacked the bitch over the head with a folding chair.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And just how much footage of cops doing an ordinary good job is shown? Nearly 1 million LEOs in the US, hundreds of millions of LEO-civilian interactions per year, yet you've determined the entire fucking institution "is in desperate need of reform" based on some attention-grabbing clips shared on twitter.
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media ... /giphy.gif

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote: Nobody becomes a cop because they were too smart to become a neurosurgeon or too compassionate to become a social worker.
Well, the number two profession for sociopaths is neurosurgeon, and many of the social workers I've encountered are SJW political Kommisars in the waiting.

I've had my fair share of LEO interactions, and have a few ex-LEO friends. In my experience, they display the same spectrum of human traits as the rest of the population, but it's an inherently stressful job.
The Black Lives Matter solution is to disband the police. Given the tribalism engendered by intersectional wokeness I think the result would be a bloodbath.

The cops are bad except for all of the worse alternatives.

In my opinion Black Lives Matter should have focused on getting people to video bad cops in action in order to get them out of the ranks. Public oversight is the only way to keep them accountable, and the fact that almost everyone now has a means of recording makes it easier to get evidence against the bad ones.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Cops take a lot of abuse from the public. If I got this type of lip I probably would of smacked the bitch over the head with a folding chair.
I hope you'd only fake-smack her, because wrestling ain't real, her attitude is an act, & that video ain't real.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Service Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 am
free thoughtpolice wrote: Cops take a lot of abuse from the public. If I got this type of lip I probably would of smacked the bitch over the head with a folding chair.
.ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2pnzjShKk
I hope you'd only fake-smack her, because wrestling ain't real, her attitude is an act, & that video ain't real.
Personally, I knew from the word go that I could never be a cop. The reason being that if I did I would probably shoot 100-300 perps within 20 mins of my 1st. day on the job.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The Carrier lawsuit drama continues...
http://archive.is/KvZl4

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I was surprised to read the El Paso mass shooter's manifesto & discover it was as readable and well-edited as a mainstream magazine article.
The issues which the shooter discussed were also thoroughly mainstream: immigration, automation vs. lost jobs, racism, the environment.
He didn't veer off on weird tangents which one could only find in obscure subcults or corners of the internet. He was a normie-gone-ballistic.

The El Paso shooter described himself as an 'eco-fascist'. Which caused me to realize that other mass shooters also subscribed to apocalyptic views on the environment. When the news media scrutinizes such manifestos for any sign that Trump or Candace Owens might be to blame.
They never seem to notice the environmental hysteria... and place similar blame on Green New Dealers or Earth Day or Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

Today's outburst by Greta Thunberg reads like a copypasta of a crazyshooter manifesto.

Sargon labels it 'eco-fascist' & explains that mainstream-Swedish intellectuals have called-for an eco-fascist dictatorship:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
And just how much footage of cops doing an ordinary good job is shown? Nearly 1 million LEOs in the US, hundreds of millions of LEO-civilian interactions per year, yet you've determined the entire fucking institution "is in desperate need of reform" based on some attention-grabbing clips shared on twitter.
Reform, as in basic training. Police officers should be able to gauge a situation and make decisions based on what's in front of them, not just going for the safe play. If you're a police officer and you investigate a yard and a dog happens to run towards you, you should be trained enough to deal with it without resorting to deadly violence. How many clips are there on YouTube where police officers have shot pets when they feel they're "threatened"? Too many. How many clips are there where police officers, as soon as there's any hint of danger, they reach for their pistol? They're supposed to be heavily trained for heaven's sake. How did they even graduate if they're that skittish?
For some perspective, there's a cable TV show of raw, live police activity, Live PD. The restraint and patience shown by most LEOs is more than most folks could muster.
Yeah, and I'm not discounting that at all. In fact, I'm usually among the people who will come to the defense of police officers if I find they've been unfairly characterised. But when you speak of restraint and patience that is "more than most folks could muster", police officers aren't most folks. They're the law. We're supposed to hold them to a higher standard.
As for the 'itchy trigger finger', there are about 500 officer involved shootings in the entire goddamn United States. The overwhelming majority were incidents where a crime was in progress, the perp was armed, and innocent bystanders were in peril. In contrast, about 150 officers are killed by perps in the line of duty per year.
Sure, the majority perhaps aren't, and that's a good thing, but sometimes they do go overboard and even you have to admit that. And those times DO exceed more than once, or twice, or ten.
I don't know about your experiences, but it seems the folks who are always whining about how the cops shoot too quickly (or didn't shoot the perp in the hand or the leg) have: 1) never fired a gun; 2) never been in a situation where a split-instant decision meant life or death.
I only go by what I've seen online. For example, take the videos of people who very obviously wished to commit suicide by cop. Acting erratic, walking menacingly towards the police, and they might even have a knife. Again, they should be trained to notice these kinds of circumstances and de-escalate. But they a lot of the times don't and it's frustrating. They practice how to take down someone with a knife at the academy, and they have many tools to do it with: baton, stun gun, pepperspray. But they almost always go for their gun. That's what I mean by itchy trigger finger. And many times it's excessive. They don't have to unload their entire goddamn magazine.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:10 pm
This is the most retarded thread you could say that in. On Balance, the people whose lives are destroyed by the cop in that video are not better off thanks to police.

Also, if you mean me specifically, that ~I~ am better off with police than without them... sure, technically that's true. But that doesn't reflect-well on the police. It's true because I'm an opportunist who is individually able to thrive in the corrupt police-infested environment. Police cause problems which people pay me to avoid or fix. It's an artificial economy created by corruption. But most people aren't able to walk-between the blue raindrops, like I do, maaaaaaan.
I'm pretty sure that even the worst, most corrupt police departments in the United States prevent more serious crime than they commit.

As for the police on the whole, there's no contest - a lot more people would have their lives destroyed without the police than with them.

One prevalent problem with the police is that most of them are willing to overlook anything they see as minor malfeasance by other cops - and a big problem is that when a ordinary cop gets used to ignoring minor offences by other cops - more serious offences will be accepted as minor. That part of police culture is in serious need of reformation.

B.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Fegg wrote: As for the police on the whole, there's no contest - a lot more people would have their lives destroyed without the police than with them.
That's an argument for the lesser of two evils, and I doubt that will ever sit well with the public, as I'm sure you'll agree.
Fegg wrote: One prevalent problem with the police is that most of them are willing to overlook anything they see as minor malfeasance by other cops - and a big problem is that when a ordinary cop gets used to ignoring minor offences by other cops - more serious offences will be accepted as minor. That part of police culture is in serious need of reformation.
There are a lot of policy and court decisions that allow cops to act in ways that lose the public trust. First of all, in US at least, cops can lie with impunity. There is nothing that prevents a cop from misrepresenting facts to "civilians" during an investigation. I'm not saying they all need to be, or can be in a practical sense, Clark Kent, but cops have used this capacity to the point where (much of) the public believes them to be conniving little shits.
You identify another major area where cops lose public trust. The general perception is that cops will form a "blue line", circle the wagons and take care of their own over considerations for the public good. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch, but it's doubly true for cops.
Cops have also begun to place a premium on their own safety. Now perhaps this has always been true, and perhaps many people think this is the way it should be, but they also want you to believe that policing has become a very dangerous job. The stats don't support this. Policing today is less dangerous than it's been for decades. Plus, cops accept what dangers there are inherent in the job the moment they apply for the position. Nobody forces anyone to become a cop. These days "I feared for my life" is actually an effective strategy to evade justice in cases of excessive force. That you might fear for your life and still act judiciously should be a requirement for the job.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fegg wrote: I'm pretty sure that even the worst, most corrupt police departments in the United States prevent more serious crime than they commit.
Also true of every mass shooter and abortionist. Generations of future crimes, 100% snuffed-out. Excellent ends/means ratio.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Strap yourself in, this is going to be a bumpy ride!
Women react better in disasters than men because men are more likely to go to the window and watch, study finds
Then...
The study found women are more likely to take cover, while men tend to watch the action or go out and help
But men want to stay in the thick of it, whether to witness or to go out and take part in community efforts connected with the incident, the researchers told the journal Disasters.
So, "better" = hiding in the basement or packing a bag and heading for safety? Men who help, search for those in need or generally try to preserve life are just a bunch of fucking losers?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... dow-watch/

https://media.giphy.com/media/1AhgvPTTM ... /giphy.gif

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

For the mil types among us :

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regular day at indonesian military academy

Annnnnd ... the only time I have ever seen someone drop like that was when he was hit in the head.
Seriously impressed that they would fire live rounds with civilian traffic as backstop. Action starts at 00:20.
Body Armor Test - Deadly Fail

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Bhurzum wrote: Strap yourself in, this is going to be a bumpy ride!
Women react better in disasters than men because men are more likely to go to the window and watch, study finds
Then...
The study found women are more likely to take cover, while men tend to watch the action or go out and help
But men want to stay in the thick of it, whether to witness or to go out and take part in community efforts connected with the incident, the researchers told the journal Disasters.
So, "better" = hiding in the basement or packing a bag and heading for safety? Men who help, search for those in need or generally try to preserve life are just a bunch of fucking losers?

I like this part:
Following a disaster, women reverted to their stereotypical “home-making” roles, said the report, putting the homes back together and looking after children when schools remained closed.

While men would deal with finances, or take leadership roles in community recovery projects.

But these gender roles leave women at a disadvantage, said Melissa Villarreal, lead researcher, because they are less likely than their male partners to make decisions for the whole family - which are often more sensible and safer.
It's very confusing. Is the study saying that women are more selfish following a disaster?
She said: "We found that there are many barriers that disadvantage women in the event of a disaster, leaving them behind when it comes to decision-making and potentially slowing down their recovery.”

"Women seemed to have a different risk perception and desire for protective action than the men in their lives, but men often determined when and what type of action families took.

"In some cases, this put women and their families in greater danger."
Ah, yes. Women have always been the primary victims of disasters. I hear ya.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Bhurzum wrote: Strap yourself in, this is going to be a bumpy ride!
Then...

On the other hand....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... thood.html
Women suffer a significant loss of confidence as they develop into adults while confidence in boys grows during their teenage years, a new study has found.

John D

Post by John D »

Looking at the bright side, crime is falling (even with the Black Lives Matter movement) and police shootings are also falling. Slow steady progress .... i hope it continues.

More monitoring of cops is in order, and better laws protecting the public from things like entrapment and property seizure. At the same time, you can't be naive.... every bad guy is going to claim he/she was somehow treated improperly by the cops. Cops need some protection too. Complicated stuff.

I did a ride-along with a cop last year. He was an okay guy I think. He hated the idea of being filmed all the time and didn't like the move toward body cameras. I think the cops know they sometimes fuck up.... and they are not ready to have everything they do monitored.

Regarding another topic.... this ad is representative of some of the shit that is wrong with culture right now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote: Reform, as in basic training. Police officers should be able to gauge a situation and make decisions based on what's in front of them, not just going for the safe play.
Answer begging the question. What evidence, other than these youtube clips, do you have that police training is inadequate?

How many clips are there on YouTube....
You keep using that word.

Sure, the majority perhaps aren't, and that's a good thing, but sometimes they do go overboard and even you have to admit that. And those times DO exceed more than once, or twice, or ten.
In what percentage of LEO-civilian interactions does the cop 'go overboard'?

They don't have to unload their entire goddamn magazine.
Uhh yeah they do. It all happens in an instant and you keep shooting until the perp is down. Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun
"Shoot to annoy"

"Shoot to hurt"

"Shoot to scare"

"Shoot to wound"

All equally absurd. If you've made the decision to let the lead fly, there's only one aim (pun!), anything less is stupidity. 2-3 in each tit with a nice facial finisher - it's for winners survivors.

"Overreaction is the only reaction" - Can't remember who said this but it's on the money!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Anyone who doesn't fire at least three rounds in quick succession should not wield a handgun
"Shoot to annoy"

"Shoot to hurt"

"Shoot to scare"

"Shoot to wound"

All equally absurd. If you've made the decision to let the lead fly, there's only one aim (pun!), anything less is stupidity. 2-3 in each tit with a nice facial finisher - it's for winners survivors.

"Overreaction is the only reaction" - Can't remember who said this but it's on the money!
My friend boasts how she scared off a perp with just the sound of her racking the slide. I said yeah you just left it to someone else to finish the job

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The "shoot til down" doctrine has contributed to the death of many people in cop interactions. I call BS on it. Nonlethal shooting to disable should be an option. Shoot til down probably originated in the mind of some police trainer and has been considered unquestioned holy cop writ ever since.

"Overreaction is the only reaction" The overreaction becomes self-justifying. He overreacted because he "feared for his life" and just had to unload his clip.

Here's shoot til down: This MF wouldn't have served a day in prison if it weren't for the camera recording him. He feared for his life (surprise). As is, the first trial against him ending with a hung jury! The only reason he was handed a 20 year sentence was that the feds stepped in and charged him with civil rights violations and obstruction of justice. Under the Trump admin there's every reason to think this waste of skin would still be on the streets.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

My last interaction with a cop (proper RCMP, not a municipal officer) was both pleasant and embarrassing. During a heavy rainstorm my landline became very noisy and my DSL internet kept cutting out. I reported it to the phone company. Late at night a knock at the door, and there stood a very wet RCMP officer: "Did you call 911?" I explained I had reported a faulty line and he sighed - apparently it's not unusual for water leaking into a poletop connector to simulate a dialing signal, and by random chance it will occasionally be 9-1-1 that gets dialed. A rainstorm equivalent to butt dialing. He had driven 50km at night to check on the situation. I asked him if he wanted to come in and check the house for bodies, but after staring at me for a couple of seconds he said it wouldn't be necessary. It wasn't a situation of my making, but I still felt embarrassed to be connected to the cause of his excursion. It's pleasing to know they care, although if I had really dialed 911, the intruder, for example, would have done his worst and left an hour before the officer arrived. A vanishingly rare issue round here, but not so out west:
Alberta man who fired warning shots at bandits is now being sued for damages by one of them
There have been several such cases lately in Canada, and public opinion is outraged that the expected response from police is to charge the homeowner these days. I remember when I was a kid the first such case of a Norfolk farmer who discharged a shotgun in the general direction of a burglar and was jailed for his troubles. It's not just police picking the easy target(!) here though, most of the recent Canadian cases involve high rates of nocturnal crime from youth on reservations who raid nearby farms, homes, and vehicles, and some see this as a matter of anti-indigenous racism. Our dear leader has had the temerity to express his lack of faith in the justice system when a farmer was recently found innocent of firearms charges and has promised to alter the process of jury selection to ensure that defense cannot dismiss, say, indigenous people from the reservation involved.

But to comment more generally on cops and their feet of clay, I'd point out that anyone who has to deal with the public will become jaded and cynical, even retail workers. If they have some authority in their role, however little, they see even more of the worst side of human nature. Dehumanise them in the eyes of the public by putting them in a uniform and it gets worse. Policemen, EMTs, firefighters, nurses, and doctors are all affected by this. Among themselves they inevitably end up adopting a dismissive and denigratory attitude to civilians. No one can remain an idealist forever in the face of constant abuse. We can't retire them all the moment they begin to burn out, so it's up to us to remember that each interaction with a uniformed authority figure is a scripted role play. Don't go off script and all will be well. I'm sad to say that, but until someone comes up with something better I think it the best we can do.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The Carrier lawsuit drama continues...
http://archive.is/KvZl4
Carrier's representing himself?? Welp, he's fucked. No doubt in the wake of his defeat, he'll blog extensively (to a virtually non-existent readership, of course) on how he was actually right, and how Randazza has all the hallmarks of a psychopath.

I'm torn between whether it's edifying or unedifying to observe Peez cheering on a lawyer who, according to Buzzfeed, 'wants to keep nazis and trolls on twitter.'

But perhaps Carrier is in with a shout, after all. The law does have a habit of throwing out the unexpected. Today, the UK 'supreme' court claimed BoJo did indeed act unlawfully in proroguing Parliament.

Lol no.

John D

Post by John D »

This poor girl. She has Aspergers, OCD, and suicidal depression. She is going to have a very difficult adulthood, especially when she finds out her demands are not me .... and she starts to get mocked by the internet.

John D

Post by John D »

...demands are not met...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: The "shoot til down" doctrine has contributed to the death of many people in cop interactions. I call BS on it. Nonlethal shooting to disable should be an option.
How about you find us even one example of tactical doctrine advising 'shoot to disable'? Because otherwise, 'I call BS' is really 'I dislike reality.'

Alternately, you could go to the range, shoot the targets 'to disable', and report back on your success.
Oh, and the targets need to be moving around.
And you only have 1.5 seconds.
And, per your own 'rules', you only get one shot.
And, if you miss, we declare you dead.

Here's shoot til down: This MF wouldn't have served a day in prison if it weren't for the camera recording him. He feared for his life (surprise).
[YOUTUBE]
1) Nobody is arguing that this particular incident should be acceptable police procedure;
2) Same question as for Pitchguest: what percentage of LEO-civilian interactions are like this one?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: This poor girl. She has Aspergers, OCD, and suicidal depression. She is going to have a very difficult adulthood, especially when she finds out her demands are not me .... and she starts to get mocked by the internet.
Hey, let's make a severely mentally-ill child our world spokesperson for climate change action. That'll win over the folks we've failed to so far!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:55 pm
CommanderTuvok wrote: BTW, one of the accusers of Silverman was someone called Rose St. Clair. I'm fairly certain she was one of the "sister punishers" who was critical of Rebecca Watson after ElevatorGate.
The following quote is from Silverman's website. In the Atheist Republic interview, Silverman paraphrased it, but omitted the name 'Richard', instead saying the quote referred to a previous boyfriend of "R" (aka the former Mrs. Dillahunty/Beth Pressman). I'm curious whether it refers to Richard Carrier. Ideally, Carrier will deny it's true-- and call her a whore-- and then sue Silverman for libel!
“Call me a Slut, call me a whore, call me a hole. Richard XXX isn’t even man enough to call me a slut” – R, during negotiations
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-lmao:
Oh, god....if that's true, then...Presswood and Carrier...

Carrier and Presswood...

Here's a visual representation of all of the sexual relationships in the atheist community.

The only one with a dry dick is Peez.

https://irea.coop/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ights.jpeg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »