You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote: "Fuck white people. Especially fuck white people!" - Matt Dillahunty, 2019.

(listening to his stream, it's bound to be posted on YT)

Fucking Hell! I haven't watched Dillacunty for ages, he looks ill. :shock:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bhurzum wrote: Now, as you'll be well aware, I'm not the most subtle of chaps and have the same sense of humour as a rabid caveman. As she was digging around in my bomb-bay, I asked her how many of my Army mates I could invite to our wedding? She paused with her investigation(s) and asked me what I was talking about? With what I thought was a cheeky/winning grin, I told her I assumed we were now engaged because she had my ring on her finger.

Seriously, no sense of humour these people.

To compound matters, she told me that I might have a "spasticated colon" (I've got no idea but it sounds bloody awful!) and when I asked if that meant having a wheel chair shoved up my arse, she went fucking mental.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Any update on all the (well most of / a large % of) presenters for the ACA / Atheist experience leaving recently? Jen & Tracie at least, maybe others.

Comments on the above vid indicate it is mentioned in the show - but I don't think I could shift through 2 hours - and even if I did it's likely that I'd find the wrong sort of nuggets.

nb there's been a lot of (online) drama with the other atheist youtube channel / community - 'The Non Sequitur' show - but if I'm any judge of the readers here, we are well out of the mainstream of atheist social media content creation & diaglogue - and it's not really (or even) as interesting as it sounds.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And of course - as soon as I mention a video by location - my message posts on a new page.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: A finger is a good place to start, but get back to us when she gets her whole fist in.
Speaking of that... I suppose I'm victim-blaming... but maybe gays & lesbians keep losing street fights... because this is how they make a 'fist'...

http://abcsofkink.com/wp-content/upload ... ntduck.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I don't really have any objection... as far as I'm concerned "S'All Right".

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Knitting site Ravelry bans support for Donald Trump because it wants to ban white supremacy.

Do Americans actually know what made their country the greatest , most secure, most prosperous country in the world, rather than , say, Brazil or indonesia?

It wasn't (as they appear to believe) because it was ruled by white people and so was certain to become a supreme country, because whites are so great. It was because it was based on American values and institutions - values like free speech, free enterprise, lack of political censorship and openness to new ideas.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Any update on all the (well most of / a large % of) presenters for the ACA / Atheist experience leaving recently? Jen & Tracie at least, maybe others.
I've always had a real soft-spot for Tracie Harris. I might be wrong, probably am, but I think it's because she always presented the small, quiet but totally reasonable voice in the room. Whilst Matt was spitting fire, hammering the "hang up" button and pushing his blood pressure through the roof, you would routinely see Tracie calmly working things through in her head. Also, I don't think I've seen her hang up on anyone - a sure sign that she's confident in her position/logic.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Matt's fire & brimstone approach (pun!) but as he started to slide deeper and deeper into the identity politics hole, I stopped enjoying his antics and found myself having to endure them. Last night, after his "fuck white people" rant, the bubble finally popped.

For a guy who gets so spittle-flecked irate at the concept of racism and all it entails, he's sure happy to flaunt his own anti-white racism. At the risk of stating the obvious, the fat knuckle-magnet will undoubtedly invoke the bullshit "power + prejudice" definition in order to justify/defend his hypocrisy.

Oh, and Jen was pretty cool - another calm and reasonable voice when compared to Matt Dillahunty.

I'm almost tempted to phone the show and troll the shit out of the fat cunt...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: Speaking of that... I suppose I'm victim-blaming... but maybe gays & lesbians keep losing street fights... because this is how they make a 'fist'...
If memory serves me correctly, in Karate, that's called a "chicken claw" strike. Do you think gay peeps yell "BUCKAAAW" when...well, y'know. I'm too much of a gentleman to go into graphic detail.

:D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dogen wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm
Bhurzum wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Miracleman was great, but for me the standout in British-crazed-superheroness was Grant Morrison's Zenith series. I liked it because it had a super-powered Tory minister who was actually sort of...a good guy. Ish. Pretty daring for the time (and even now), given that anything with the remotest whiff of toryism was (and still is, really) generally regarded by the right-on crowd as total nazi evil. The final volume - Phase 4 - is some astonishingly trippy shit rounded off with a twist which is pretty lolworthy.
My absolute favourite comic-book character is "Sláine" (2000AD character):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sl%C3%A1ine_(comics)

Even though he's not a superhero in the truest sense, the tales of his exploits are an absolute blast, are deliciously non-pc and the entire saga (massive!) is littered with some very memorable characters and plot-lines. Of particular note, the "Time Killers" story is completely mental and introduced several awesome villains into the lore: Elfric (baby killing general of a demon army - the Cyth), Guledig - the living "Triskele" ruler of the Cyth and one of my favourite villians in all of fiction, The Lord Weird Slough Feg: a rotting and seriously insane version of "The Horned God" who refuses to die (it's complicated!).

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... _weird.jpg

My parents were really worried about my fascination with Feg :lol:

Seriously though, if anyone hasn't read Sláine and are "into" comics, chances are you'll love the series. Having said that, you'd really need to start from the very begining - if you jumped in half-way, it'd be very, very confusing.
Fuck me, Time Killers was bloody awesome. Good memories, man. Zenith was great too, as was Halo Jones.

Was Lord Feg related to Bert Fegg?
unnamed.jpg
(294.68 KiB) Downloaded 399 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: I've always had a real soft-spot for Tracie Harris...<Tum-te-Tum, Te Tumty Tum (selective editing)>...
I'm none too fond of people equating atheism to a religion, but this this case I'm (almost) willing to make an exception.

The repetitive and frankly boring aspect of the AE youtube show does parallel my experience of the catholic mass.

And that's even before the identity politics became overt.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

FFS bring back the ice bucket challenge .. and quick. :?

Whatever you do don't open up the thread .... don't, I warn you NOOOOOOOO!!!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: By the way, I've been watching the old series-- The Prisoner-- on a free/no-registration-necessary/netflix-wannabe site called "Tubi".

https://tubitv.com/series/3254/the_prisoner

Some ads there, not many. Some weird stuff there, like 1957 Jerry Lewis TV specials.

In episode 4 of the The Prisoner-- #6 stands for election to become #2. It resonates with Sargon's MEP run.

We were talking about comics. Are you trying to change to subject?
JK-Prisoner.jpg
(157.33 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: FFS bring back the ice bucket challenge .. and quick. :?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Our SJW governor was just interviewed by HBO. Railed against 'toxic masculinity' and the phrase 'man up'. Claims he cares about rural whites. This just one week after he expanded free healthcare to illegals by raiding the HC funds of rural counties struggling with opioid addiction epidemics, etc. The governor's office now gives tutorials on how to evade ICE, and talks of "protecting our communities". He, of course, lives in a toney Marin town that's 91% white and only 4% latino.

And seriously, all the signs of an angry, dry drunk on display here.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

To change the subject, I recently came across a tweet that's being paraded about on various social media platforms.

It allegedly shows pictures of how the Trump administration is forcing children to sleep on cement floors with aluminium blankets, packed in a small room with lights on all night and how the companies responsible make 750 a day. It's being compared to a concentration camp.

The problem?

They're from 2015, when Obama was still president.

The kicker?

I found it on /r/BlackPeopleTwitter. Where it's being dubbed the "new regime." And the best part is it's a "Country Club" thread. What's a "Country Club", you ask? Well, according to /r/BlackPeopleTwitter, a "Country Club" is when people from one race keep people from other races out. So when a thread is being "Country Clubbed", that means that unless you're black, your opinion is either filtered out, deleted or dismissed. They even have their own "check marks" so they know who's black, and in order to get one you need to send the mods pictures of you proving you're black.

Browsing the thread for comments is a treat. Most of them either don't exist, or most of the accounts have been shadowbanned meaning there could be chains of 27 comments but you're only able to see one. Any attempt to point out the misinformation being spread is either being called "divisive", "missing the point" or a variation of "All Lives Matter".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So Fake NewsTM then.

What is the real news as to how illegal immigrants are currently being handled? And is there a non-biased source?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote: By the way, I've been watching the old series-- The Prisoner-- on a free/no-registration-necessary/netflix-wannabe site called "Tubi".

https://tubitv.com/series/3254/the_prisoner

Some ads there, not many. Some weird stuff there, like 1957 Jerry Lewis TV specials.

In episode 4 of the The Prisoner-- #6 stands for election to become #2. It resonates with Sargon's MEP run.

We were talking about comics. Are you trying to change to subject?

JK-Prisoner.jpg

I'm familiar with that Kirby drawing... every time i see one of those little jeeps on the show... i think of how kirby fucked up drawing the front fenders.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

For me - the glass is overflowing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I'm familiar with that Kirby drawing... every time i see one of those little jeeps on the show... i think of how kirby fucked up drawing the front fenders.
It's a Mini Moke.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It is indeed a Mini Moke, and a pretty good rendition.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Which, given how Number 6 got to the village, is a remarkably apposite word.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Naw... look again at the MC Escher lines of the fenders... or Cubism

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yeah, you could be right. I got distracted by thinking about how sexy that parrot is...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Naw... look again at the MC Escher lines of the fenders... or Cubism
RF fender -- I see it.

I think from a certain angle, the contour lines would do that:
Austin_Mini_Moke_1967.JPG
(323.39 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

The shapes are much more distinct viewed from the front:
7a3c6441bc689bbf1f0ec7635d6b19d1.jpg
(108.73 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

The only solution to this mystery is to build a model and test it:
http://davesdesigns.ca/cutandfold/html/starcarz.html

(I have built this, but gave it away.)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

They even have their own "check marks" so they know who's black, and in order to get one you need to send the mods pictures of you proving you're black.
So, if for example, I included the vid of that black woman in the thread that shoutinghorse definitely gave a public service announcement warning about, I would be ok?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

:popcorn: :lol:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
RF fender -- I see it.

I think from a certain angle, the contour lines would do that
Oh shit! You're right! It's the angle!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

[tweet][/tweet]
Service Dog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
RF fender -- I see it.

I think from a certain angle, the contour lines would do that
Oh shit! You're right! It's the angle!
But once you mentioned it, when I looked, the fender and grille did a widget-type back-and-forth optical thingie.

oh, shit, if steerz is still lurking, he'll post the spinning dancer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Which, given how Number 6 got to the village, is a remarkably apposite word.
Took me a while, but I got that.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Which, given how Number 6 got to the village, is a remarkably apposite word.
Took me a while, but I got that.
Extraordinary.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Jussie Smollett: Police bodycam noose footage released
Video recorded on a police bodycam from the night Jussie Smollett was allegedly attacked has been released.

The ex-Empire actor says he was punched in the face, had an "unknown chemical substance" poured on him and a rope wrapped around his neck in a racist and homophobic attack in January.

But Chicago Police say he staged the whole thing.

They've released footage from the night where Smollett appears to have the rope still around his neck.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48754989

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Jussie Smollett: Police bodycam noose footage released
Video recorded on a police bodycam from the night Jussie Smollett was allegedly attacked has been released.

The ex-Empire actor says he was punched in the face, had an "unknown chemical substance" poured on him and a rope wrapped around his neck in a racist and homophobic attack in January.

But Chicago Police say he staged the whole thing.

They've released footage from the night where Smollett appears to have the rope still around his neck.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48754989
Did the BBC cut the part just before the police entered where Jussie says 'All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up'?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Jussie Smollett has done more for the anti-SJW cause that any 10 people here combined.

Not that I'd want to see that either.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Harrowing account of the infamous 1202 error during the Apollo 11 landing. I've known the story for a long time, but never realized how serious it was.

https://www.wired.com/story/apollo-11-m ... f-control/

Also, mercifully free of bravely heroic unrecognized female software engineers (BHUFSE's). The women who wove the magnetic core memories are mentioned, though. Not sure if that's progressive or politically incorrect.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Amazon managed to prove Ocasio right. I worked for Amazon yesterday & a nice, keto-friendly breakfast buffet was provided... with a little sign listing who was allowed to eat it. My job title was listed. Me & couple other guys began to admire the food, as it was laid-out. The catering lady said it wasnt for us. How did she know it is or isnt for us?-- she has no idea who we are. The sign says it's for us. She didnt respond with an explanation.... a building-manager-guy showed-up.... he'd apparently been watching us on security camera, or she radioed him. He said the food wasnt for us-- but rather than explain the sign saying it was for us-- he pointed to the sign-- as-if it said it wasn't for us. We went back to work. Our actual manager later told-us we werent allowed to eat the food... acting as-if someone had complained to her that we had tried to steal it. A few minutes later, we were told we couldnt have breakroom coffee, either. Which is fucking weird.... that coffee has always been for everyone working in the space. Then, 2 minutes later, the same manager sez the Amazon people didnt bring tools to do their job & asks a favor--- if we can lend them our personal tools. Yeesh We gave them the tools. I went on strike for a few hours... just puttered-around with a trash bag-- picking-up bits of packing material... rather than building product display racks. One guy walked-off, bought a plate of food at a nearby deli... ordering things that looked like the breakfast spread--- and wandered around the building chomping on it. Lunch arrived... and the catering lady remained vigilant ... and they sent an extra building employee to stand guard, with a radio. God forbid someone snatch a boiled egg. Somebody said the coffee-ban was an error ... we were allowed to drink it, after all. For the rest of the day... any problem requiring initiative or creativity to solve... went neglected by me & 2 guys. By the end of the day... a high-profile scenery display need to be built... only me & another guy could figure out to engineer the the thing. Halfway-thru we were given some dubious instructions. Which we followed blindly, without protest. Whether it's still-standing this morning?... we'll see. The other guy left work red-face mad. I treated the whole day like a joke. I dont actually think Ocasio is right about chasing Amazon out of nyc... but i think they should do more to avoid giving the impression that they treat workers poorly.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Amazon managed to prove Ocasio right. I worked for Amazon yesterday & a nice, keto-friendly breakfast buffet was provided... with a little sign listing who was allowed to eat it. My job title was listed. Me & couple other guys began to admire the food, as it was laid-out. The catering lady said it wasnt for us. How did she know it is or isnt for us?-- she has no idea who we are. The sign says it's for us. She didnt respond with an explanation.... a building-manager-guy showed-up.... he'd apparently been watching us on security camera, or she radioed him. He said the food wasnt for us-- but rather than explain the sign saying it was for us-- he pointed to the sign-- as-if it said it wasn't for us. We went back to work. Our actual manager later told-us we werent allowed to eat the food... acting as-if someone had complained to her that we had tried to steal it. A few minutes later, we were told we couldnt have breakroom coffee, either. Which is fucking weird.... that coffee has always been for everyone working in the space. Then, 2 minutes later, the same manager sez the Amazon people didnt bring tools to do their job & asks a favor--- if we can lend them our personal tools. Yeesh We gave them the tools. I went on strike for a few hours... just puttered-around with a trash bag-- picking-up bits of packing material... rather than building product display racks. One guy walked-off, bought a plate of food at a nearby deli... ordering things that looked like the breakfast spread--- and wandered around the building chomping on it. Lunch arrived... and the catering lady remained vigilant ... and they sent an extra building employee to stand guard, with a radio. God forbid someone snatch a boiled egg. Somebody said the coffee-ban was an error ... we were allowed to drink it, after all. For the rest of the day... any problem requiring initiative or creativity to solve... went neglected by me & 2 guys. By the end of the day... a high-profile scenery display need to be built... only me & another guy could figure out to engineer the the thing. Halfway-thru we were given some dubious instructions. Which we followed blindly, without protest. Whether it's still-standing this morning?... we'll see. The other guy left work red-face mad. I treated the whole day like a joke. I dont actually think Ocasio is right about chasing Amazon out of nyc... but i think they should do more to avoid giving the impression that they treat workers poorly.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Our SJW governor was just interviewed by HBO. Railed against 'toxic masculinity' and the phrase 'man up'. Claims he cares about rural whites. This just one week after he expanded free healthcare to illegals by raiding the HC funds of rural counties struggling with opioid addiction epidemics, etc. The governor's office now gives tutorials on how to evade ICE, and talks of "protecting our communities". He, of course, lives in a toney Marin town that's 91% white and only 4% latino.

When did Jerry Brown chew out the innards of Gavin Newsom and crawl inside him? Must be part of his plan to remain governor of CA forever.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Any update on all the (well most of / a large % of) presenters for the ACA / Atheist experience leaving recently? Jen & Tracie at least, maybe others.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Matt's fire & brimstone approach (pun!) but as he started to slide deeper and deeper into the identity politics hole, I stopped enjoying his antics and found myself having to endure them. Last night, after his "fuck white people" rant, the bubble finally popped.
Matt has resisted some of the insanity from the FLNJ types (Shives, Arel, Winters, etc). but he keeps on slipping into SJWitis, which is an anathema to a genuine skeptic.

He's blotted his copybook too many times, even though I enjoy him taking down some religious idiots. Pity he can't apply the same attitude and contempt to some of the po-mo gurus, who come out with equally bad garbage as the faith-heads.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Our SJW governor was just interviewed by HBO. Railed against 'toxic masculinity' and the phrase 'man up'. Claims he cares about rural whites. This just one week after he expanded free healthcare to illegals by raiding the HC funds of rural counties struggling with opioid addiction epidemics, etc. The governor's office now gives tutorials on how to evade ICE, and talks of "protecting our communities". He, of course, lives in a toney Marin town that's 91% white and only 4% latino.

When did Jerry Brown chew out the innards of Gavin Newsom and crawl inside him? Must be part of his plan to remain governor of CA forever.
Nah, he saddled us with drivers licenses for illegals, but Gov. Moonbeam is mellow -- I've met him. Gov. Nuisance, otoh, is the type of guy who gets in fist fights with other dads at a little league game.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I worked for Amazon yesterday & a nice, keto-friendly breakfast buffet was provided... with a little sign listing who was allowed to eat it.
[....]
... but i think they should do more to avoid giving the impression that they treat workers poorly.
Something I was taught early on in my business career: feed your people.

One time, I was responsible for a company ski getaway weekend. Booked this big lodge, ordered catering from the lodge, and booked a local DJ they recommended for some pre- & post-prandial entertainment. DJ was just some 20-yo kid, did an alright job -- good mix, not your typical white people's wedding reception brick house shit. We had him turn off the music during the buffet dinner so we could all talk. I go over to him and say 'hey, kid -- you eat yet?' He mumbles something about bringing a tuna sandwich. 'Nah, grab a plate and help yourself to the buffet.' He was worried about getting in trouble so I went with him. Then I tell him to help himself to seconds if he likes. He asks am I sure, won't it cost too much, he can pay. (I think he charged us maybe $200 tops for the evening.) I say, waving my arm, 'Kid, I own all this food. I bought it already. What we don't eat tonight they'll just throw out or take home for themselves.' The look on his face was like I'd just given him a fucking pony for christmas. He did go for seconds on his own, and folks in line said, 'hey -- you're the DJ,' and 'you are great' and patted him on the shoulder and asked for requests. I think he even got some tips.

And yet some people think I'm an asshole.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I keep a tin of sardines in my tool kit
for situations like this
to stink up a joint

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Option #2:
my high school best friend is a close associate of Jeff Bezos.
I make one call... he makes one call... Jeff Bezos directly authorizes me to eat a donut.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Speaking of that... I suppose I'm victim-blaming... but maybe gays & lesbians keep losing street fights... because this is how they make a 'fist'...
If memory serves me correctly, in Karate, that's called a "chicken claw" strike. Do you think gay peeps yell "BUCKAAAW" when...well, y'know. I'm too much of a gentleman to go into graphic detail.

:D
I asked a homo. He sez the *recipient* of the Chicken Claw Fist sez BUCKAAAAWW!!!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Entire wall of LGBT Pride posters.... exclusively depicting "L"

https://i.imgur.com/p2401IZ.jpg

Mykeru's Law: “As any progressive movement grows and achieves success, the probability of it being co-opted by women who want to make it all about their vagina approaches 1″

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote: Harrowing account of the infamous 1202 error during the Apollo 11 landing. I've known the story for a long time, but never realized how serious it was.

https://www.wired.com/story/apollo-11-m ... f-control/

Also, mercifully free of bravely heroic unrecognized female software engineers (BHUFSE's). The women who wove the magnetic core memories are mentioned, though. Not sure if that's progressive or politically incorrect.
Hmmm. What they report about Don Eyles' take on the error doesn't really fit that well with his own memoir, "Sunburst and Luminary," which is well worth reading. looks like a typical Wired exaggeration.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: I asked a homo. He sez the *recipient* of the Chicken Claw Fist sez BUCKAAAAWW!!!

"Kung Pow" is a work of art!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I worked for Amazon yesterday & a nice, keto-friendly breakfast buffet was provided... with a little sign listing who was allowed to eat it.
[....]
... but i think they should do more to avoid giving the impression that they treat workers poorly.

One time, I was responsible for a company ski getaway weekend. Booked this big lodge, ordered catering from the lodge, and booked a local DJ they recommended for some pre- & post-prandial entertainment. DJ was just some 20-yo kid, did an alright job -- good mix, not your typical white people's wedding reception brick house shit. We had him turn off the music during the buffet dinner so we could all talk. I go over to him and say 'hey, kid -- you eat yet?' He mumbles something about bringing a tuna sandwich. 'Nah, grab a plate and help yourself to the buffet.' He was worried about getting in trouble so I went with him. Then I tell him to help himself to seconds if he likes. He asks am I sure, won't it cost too much, he can pay. (I think he charged us maybe $200 tops for the evening.) I say, waving my arm, 'Kid, I own all this food. I bought it already. What we don't eat tonight they'll just throw out or take home for themselves.' The look on his face was like I'd just given him a fucking pony for christmas. He did go for seconds on his own, and folks in line said, 'hey -- you're the DJ,' and 'you are great' and patted him on the shoulder and asked for requests. I think he even got some tips.

Oh man. That story made me grin. You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Even if you're an asshole. :clap:

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And yet some people think I'm an asshole.
The truncated part of Matt's post:
"...and then I let the air out of his rear tire and laughed as he slid off the road into the snow. What a day, what a day! Tee-hee!"

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Parsehole - bless you, but look what you did:
I watched it last night.

Andrew 'Tit's McGrath' Doyle still identifies as being on the left. In the clip he compliments Bernard Manning as being a technically proficient commedian, then disparages him for being a racist. His fans were also assigned rasict status on the basis of Doyle's mind-reading ability. Perphaps they were - but given the make up of the working-mens clubs in the 1970s which formed a large part of Mannings audience - it gives them short-shrift to apply such a toxic label that it taints their entire lives.

The other half of Jonathan Pie was on the the BBC recently to dicuss Jo Brand's acid throwing quip. He defending the comment on the basis of it being a joke. If so, then why does the BBC not include jokes from a more right-wing perspective? Most likely because such view points do not provide the moral instruction the BBC is looking to push.

In the UK it feels like the social contract is getting rather threadbare. It's a loose left-right alliance that allows funding of the BBC as a semi-autonomous organ of the state, with it's own agenda . If enough people get riled enough - they will question why they are funding such an organisation. (People in the US will wonder why the government is funding PBS in the first place).

The Pie twins seem to be dancing on the edge of this realisation - with the perhaps forlorn hope that a a return to status quo will happen sometime soon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's the vid - I was referring to - on Sky TV rather than BBC - and more of a discussion than a debate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdLc_aLLueg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If anyone is looking to upgrade to a new desktop - the Raspberry Pi 4 is available...

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ra ... 4-model-b/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:03 am
screwtape wrote: Parsehole - bless you, but look what you did:
I watched it last night.

Andrew 'Tit's McGrath' Doyle still identifies as being on the left. In the clip he compliments Bernard Manning as being a technically proficient commedian, then disparages him for being a racist. His fans were also assigned rasict status on the basis of Doyle's mind-reading ability. Perphaps they were - but given the make up of the working-mens clubs in the 1970s which formed a large part of Mannings audience - it gives them short-shrift to apply such a toxic label that it taints their entire lives.

The other half of Jonathan Pie was on the the BBC recently to dicuss Jo Brand's acid throwing quip. He defending the comment on the basis of it being a joke. If so, then why does the BBC not include jokes from a more right-wing perspective? Most likely because such view points do not provide the moral instruction the BBC is looking to push.

In the UK it feels like the social contract is getting rather threadbare. It's a loose left-right alliance that allows funding of the BBC as a semi-autonomous organ of the state, with it's own agenda . If enough people get riled enough - they will question why they are funding such an organisation. (People in the US will wonder why the government is funding PBS in the first place).

The Pie twins seem to be dancing on the edge of this realisation - with the perhaps forlorn hope that a a return to status quo will happen sometime soon.
The disappointing realisation I came to is that the BBC does not even realise the nature of it's own bias and is probably incapable of doing so. They most likely see their silence over "populist" grievances and their collusion in marginalising anyone outside of the establishment bubble as just being responsible. They appear to have internalised the message, along with most of the media, that some voices are just illegitimate. This recent Euro election is not the first occasion on which the authorities have allowed protestors to shut down political campaigning by outsiders without punishment. It happened to Anne Marie Waters party some time ago and the media were just as happy to let it slide then.

Jo Brand's comment was objectively far closer to incitement to violence than Sargon's. That and the tepid response to the throwing of stones at a legitimate political candidate should tell you how far the BBC has deviated from it's mandate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Ej1KmxZZU

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

AMERICA’S WHITE SAVIORS
White liberals are leading a ‘woke’ revolution that is transforming American politics and making Democrats increasingly uneasy with Jewish political power

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-a ... te-saviors

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Mandate you say? You got me curious.

https://www.cedb.gov.hk/ccib/psb_review ... erview.pdf

The above extract makes the BBCs standards sound nebulous to the point of...well....pointlessness.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
[....]

Oh man. That story made me grin. You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Even if you're an asshole. :clap:
The sad part of the story I left out -- one of the requests was for Brick House.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Law & Order episode from 2012

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »