You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by InfraRedBucket »

LATEST: THERESA MAY TO OFFICIALLY STAND DOWN ON JUNE 7th though remains as caretaker til successor elected which will take weeks/months

The MayBot in tears as she just about finished her speech and rushes back into No10.

UK out of the frying pan ......

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: According to the nightly news (ITV) May want's to stay on for the D-Day commerorations on 6th June and Trump's state visit and then stay as caretake til Septenber while the party chooses a leader over the summer recess. She's not called Teflon Theresa for nothing.

Also early exit poll indicators showing the Tories are at a paltry 7% and Labour not much better (early teens) Greens and UKIP doing better than expected. Out of interest such a low polling at a general election would result in them having zero MP's. :oops:

Linkie?
the 7% for Tories was not an exit poll (ie taken on the day as voters leave polling stations) but a YouGov poll reported on the Weds day before .
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... 7-16181557
No UK exit polls taken as far as I can see,
Still does not bode well of course...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote: the 7% for Tories was not an exit poll (ie taken on the day as voters leave polling stations) but a YouGov poll reported on the Weds day before .
I was just quoting from ITV news, blame Julie Etchingham.

We even had tears. Bless! :lol:

Not one fuck given.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Just to preempt the headlines in tomorrows papers:
TEARESA MAY.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Just to preempt the headlines in tomorrows papers:
TEARESA MAY.
Very good :clap: :lol:

Just as a dark horse emerges from the shadows :think:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Baker? What a parade of idiots and blow hards we are going to get looking for their 15mins of fame.
Still kidding themselves. Fucking idiots the lot of them

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:04 pm
jugheadnaut wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm
There's solid evidence that changing cosmic ray flux from the sun is responsible for some of the observed temperature increase over the last 40 years, there's no support for it being the primary driver, and at best it shares responsibility with anthropogenic CO2.
And this solid evidence is? From what I've read cosmic radiation follows the solar cycle.
The evidence for the link between solar activity, cosmic rays, clouds, and temperature is primarily due to the published work of Nir Shaviv, Henrik Svensmark, Jan Veizer and others. Cosmic radiation incidence on earth does roughly follow the solar cycle, with times of greater solar activity corresponding to more solar wind, fewer cosmic rays and low clouds, and hence greater temperature. The key link between this and more recent temperature changes lies in the fact that sunspot number (a good proxy for solar activity) and beryllium-10 levels in ice cores (a good proxy for cosmic rays) show a marked increase in solar activity and decrease in cosmic rays through the 20th century over the previous 5 centuries. Shaviv has also quantified the amplification of solar forcing due to this cosmic ray-cloud formation effect to be 6-7 times the forcing due to solar irradiance alone, which is why many of the modelling based efforts to dismiss the importance of solar dynamics on climate are wrong.
My spidey sense starts tingling as soon as I see a post on complex system dynamics using correlation as the key analytic tool. Further googling suggests that my tingles were justified.
The effect of cosmic rays on climate is through seeding of clouds by nucleation of particles. There are so many other sources of cloud seeding particles that the potential effect of ionisation by cosmic rays is probably negligible. Shaviv's recreation of the historical cosmic radiation record makes a lot of leaps, so not much stock can be put in that. Looks very much like just another one of those bits of research spread by think tanks and bloggers but justifiably regarded as dubious by sober scientists.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Don't worry, potholer54 has saved me from the dark side (since we're talking about albedo).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: Don't worry, potholer54 has saved me from the dark side (since we're talking about albedo).
No (particulate) matter, then.

Keating

Post by Keating »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: According to the nightly news (ITV) May want's to stay on for the D-Day commerorations on 6th June and Trump's state visit and then stay as caretake til Septenber while the party chooses a leader over the summer recess. She's not called Teflon Theresa for nothing.

Also early exit poll indicators showing the Tories are at a paltry 7% and Labour not much better (early teens) Greens and UKIP doing better than expected. Out of interest such a low polling at a general election would result in them having zero MP's. :oops:

Linkie?
the 7% for Tories was not an exit poll (ie taken on the day as voters leave polling stations) but a YouGov poll reported on the Weds day before .
I was looking forward to Metokur's stream to make fun of Sargon. Apparently, exit polls cannot be reported until all the voting across Europe has been completed to prevent poll contamination. You need a license for poll results in the UK as well as for spoons.

Keating

Post by Keating »

It's a pity any discussion about climate change policy inevitable degrades into whether it's human's fault and actually happening. One can agree it's happening and is human's fault and still disagree about the best course of action.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote: I was looking forward to Metokur's stream to make fun of Sargon...
I recall a stream a while back with Jim, Ethan Ralph and Carl.

There were a few barbed quips from Ralph re Benjamin's stillborn child.

Jim holding himself to a higher standard did not participate - though he did read out other peoples superchats on the subject in a later stream.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: the 7% for Tories was not an exit poll (ie taken on the day as voters leave polling stations) but a YouGov poll reported on the Weds day before .
I was just quoting from ITV news, blame Julie Etchingham.

We even had tears. Bless! :lol:

Not one fuck given.
Given her extensive and tediously prolonged record of doing precisely the opposite of what she says, I won't be reassurred that she's gone until she's moved the last doily and tea set out of number 10.

Guest_f964a35c

Post by Guest_f964a35c »

Holy fu....

thezombiunicorn tumblr com/post/101298598797/ill-never-truly-respect-rebecca-watson-because

“29 October 2014
I’ll never truly respect Rebecca Watson because she stole my artwork and sold it on merch on her website years ago. Honest, respectable people don’t do that. I confronted her and she only responded when I waived the lawsuit flag, she promised to donate the money she made from my art to a charity of my choice which she did- a whopping $15 - but she never provided proof of how much she actually made off of the art. Also, the whole elevator-gate thing was a huge embarrassment. Being a woman with a larger chest, I get proposals and lewd comments often from men in public & a guy you are having an interesting conversation with asking you to his room to talk MORE over coffee isn’t inappropriate unless YOU make it that way. He didn’t say “coffee, wink wink nudge nudge” he said coffee you conceited fuck.

Random rant brought to you by her popping up in my sidebar on twitter today >.<“

Must have been the Richard Dawkins badges she used to sell.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Keating wrote: It's a pity any discussion about climate change policy inevitable degrades into whether it's human's fault and actually happening. One can agree it's happening and is human's fault and still disagree about the best course of action.
Right. Multiple questions seem to get conflated: Is the climate warming? What is the cause? What can be done? What should be done? etc. The extremes drive the discourse. Maybe that is the future of politics brought to us by social media.

Guest_f964a35c

Post by Guest_f964a35c »

Guest_f964a35c wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am
Holy fu....

thezombiunicorn tumblr com/post/101298598797/ill-never-truly-respect-rebecca-watson-because

“29 October 2014
I’ll never truly respect Rebecca Watson because she stole my artwork and sold it on merch on her website years ago. Honest, respectable people don’t do that. I confronted her and she only responded when I waived the lawsuit flag, she promised to donate the money she made from my art to a charity of my choice which she did- a whopping $15 - but she never provided proof of how much she actually made off of the art. Also, the whole elevator-gate thing was a huge embarrassment. Being a woman with a larger chest, I get proposals and lewd comments often from men in public & a guy you are having an interesting conversation with asking you to his room to talk MORE over coffee isn’t inappropriate unless YOU make it that way. He didn’t say “coffee, wink wink nudge nudge” he said coffee you conceited fuck.

Random rant brought to you by her popping up in my sidebar on twitter today >.<“

Must have been the Richard Dawkins badges she used to sell.
Yes.

From Twitter

I drew the 'Dawkins Rage Face' 6 years ago when 'rage faces' were popular on Reddit.

People used my image & reposted the meme a bunch of times & I never gave a shit. Only when someone tried selling it on merch did I shut them down & made them donate profits to charity.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

KiwiInOz wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:

The evidence for the link between solar activity, cosmic rays, clouds, and temperature is primarily due to the published work of Nir Shaviv, Henrik Svensmark, Jan Veizer and others. Cosmic radiation incidence on earth does roughly follow the solar cycle, with times of greater solar activity corresponding to more solar wind, fewer cosmic rays and low clouds, and hence greater temperature. The key link between this and more recent temperature changes lies in the fact that sunspot number (a good proxy for solar activity) and beryllium-10 levels in ice cores (a good proxy for cosmic rays) show a marked increase in solar activity and decrease in cosmic rays through the 20th century over the previous 5 centuries. Shaviv has also quantified the amplification of solar forcing due to this cosmic ray-cloud formation effect to be 6-7 times the forcing due to solar irradiance alone, which is why many of the modelling based efforts to dismiss the importance of solar dynamics on climate are wrong.
My spidey sense starts tingling as soon as I see a post on complex system dynamics using correlation as the key analytic tool. Further googling suggests that my tingles were justified.
Interesting. Does your spidey sense also tingle when the mathematically incompetent alarmist argument is made that the Earth must currently be warming rapidly because x of the last y years have been the warmest on record?

I would have thought it would have gone without saying that what I wrote was a capsule description of his work, not a blow by blow recapitulation of his analysis. He is an astrophysicist by training, not a statistician like many climate scientists, and his work in this area is mathematically sophisticated and doesn't rely on correlation.

And what exactly did you see when you Googled other than the standard odious effort to discredit any scientist who publishes material disruptive to the alarmist narrative? Got to keep 'the science is settled' and '97% of scientists' myths alive.

I should also point out again that neither I or Shaviv thinks this is an alternative explanation to anthropogenic warming in the 20th century as opposed to an additional source of warming. In fact, Shaviv predicts that the 21st century is unlikely to have the same high solar activity levels as the 20th, so net warming during this century will likely have anthropogenic CO2 as its dominant cause.

John D

Post by John D »

Driftless wrote:
Keating wrote: It's a pity any discussion about climate change policy inevitable degrades into whether it's human's fault and actually happening. One can agree it's happening and is human's fault and still disagree about the best course of action.
Right. Multiple questions seem to get conflated: Is the climate warming? What is the cause? What can be done? What should be done? etc. The extremes drive the discourse. Maybe that is the future of politics brought to us by social media.
I agree completely. There is a very low quality of debate regarding the climate topic. The left and the right stick to their emotion and faith based arguments.

The blue church on the left worships the sanctity of a natural world without the effects of man. Anything man does to change the natural world is evil

The Christian faith on the right thinks god would never allow the whole planet to be damaged by man. Anything governments do to force change in order to protect the environment is an over-reach and steps on their liberty.

So... in most of the media we only hear that either the earth will be destroyed by man or than the climate is not changing at all. Really annoying.

I personally feel like we will not be able to do much to significantly lower CO2. We can add more nuclear power and burn more natural gas and add more wind and solar power. I have no problem with this. I even support some government incentives for making this change. I normally hate government intervention in markets, but I also support sensible government intervention for creating an overall economic good.

I really hate the idea that the US has to "show leadership" and self impose CO2 limits. I am not in favor of giving countries like China even more imbalanced economic power. They are already eating our lunch and I am not happy to let them continue eating our lunch while our economy is hampered. This is why I didn't like the Paris accord. My understanding is that the left lost the election in Australia in part due to their climate change agenda. Good.

I love how the climate scientists drop the bomb that says "If we don't change in 12 years the earth will be permanently affected" (or words to this effect). Well... hell... of course this is true. This is like a non-statement. Every day we don't make a change the earth is affected. Every thing people do (or don't do) affects the future climate. This is just a way for scientists to make a scary claim that they cannot be responsible for. It is just a vague and obvious claim that allows politicians to create fear. And... of course... climate scientists want us to be afraid. They think the only way they can "save the earth" is to cause everyone to panic. And remember... these scientist are the priests of the blue church. They believe that anything humans do that changes the planet is evil. They think people are a virus.... a kind of evil force... that is a destroyer. If you doubt this, just listen to them speak. Everything they think is framed are the idea that people are an evil force on the planet.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The effect of cosmic rays on climate is through seeding of clouds by nucleation of particles. There are so many other sources of cloud seeding particles that the potential effect of ionisation by cosmic rays is probably negligible. Shaviv's recreation of the historical cosmic radiation record makes a lot of leaps, so not much stock can be put in that. Looks very much like just another one of those bits of research spread by think tanks and bloggers but justifiably regarded as dubious by sober scientists.
http://www.sciencebits.com/sites/defaul ... rcFig3.jpg

Does that look negligible to you? It's from the link I originally included, and based on work by Svensmark. The rest of what you wrote is mere handwaving which I'm not going to comment on.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Driftless wrote:
Yes. Especially annoying is the motte and bailey argumentation used to attempt to give catastrophic climate change arguments the same scientific standing as the core greenhouse effect physics (which is not seriously disputed).

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: The effect of cosmic rays on climate is through seeding of clouds by nucleation of particles. There are so many other sources of cloud seeding particles that the potential effect of ionisation by cosmic rays is probably negligible. Shaviv's recreation of the historical cosmic radiation record makes a lot of leaps, so not much stock can be put in that. Looks very much like just another one of those bits of research spread by think tanks and bloggers but justifiably regarded as dubious by sober scientists.
http://www.sciencebits.com/sites/defaul ... rcFig3.jpg

Does that look negligible to you? It's from the link I originally included, and based on work by Svensmark. The rest of what you wrote is mere handwaving which I'm not going to comment on.
Without going any further into it, which may take some time, I'd say that the first thing that strikes me is the misleading difference in scale between the left and right Y-axes.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

A report called 'Falsifying Climate Alarm'

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads ... iament.pdf

Keating

Post by Keating »

MarcusAu wrote: I recall a stream a while back with Jim, Ethan Ralph and Carl.

Jim holding himself to a higher standard did not participate - though he did read out other peoples superchats on the subject in a later stream.
Yeah, Jim is my nihilist, reality TV guilty pleasure. Sometimes I like hearing about people shoving bike pumps up their arse.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Alright, chaps, I never meant to start the new Stihl vs. Husqvarna thread.

Some while back I recommended Linux Mint as a good distro for beginners. Today I had occasion to convert an older MacBook Air to Linux and was amazed at how easy it has become. In the course of a morning I have installed Mint 19.1, set up wi-fi, added all my 5 printers, got all my bookmarks and extensions into Firefox and all 3 of my e-mail accounts into Thunderbird, updated everything and set up a backup schedule. Even managed to import uBlock Origin's 'My Filters' from my Mac. (I don't have a way that I can think of to get 1Password working though as I sync it through iCloud (and don't want to go back to Dropbox, even if there were a 1Password client for Linux that wasn't a subscription to Agilebits own servers.) I was a GP for goodness' sake, not an IT tech. Also - number of times I had to use a command line in Terminal: 0. Things have changed. And maybe I miss some of the sense of achievement I had when installing LinuxPPC or YellowDog onto old PPC Macs. But never mind that, I have full functionality, an OS that starts up in seconds and runs really fast, plus all the fun that comes from anyone in a public place looking over your shoulder and asking what your computer is?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

"European or North African male"

WTFF?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm

WTFF?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

screwtape wrote: Alright, chaps, I never meant to start the new Stihl vs. Husqvarna thread.

Some while back I recommended Linux Mint as a good distro for beginners. Today I had occasion to convert an older MacBook Air to Linux and was amazed at how easy it has become. In the course of a morning I have installed Mint 19.1, set up wi-fi, added all my 5 printers, got all my bookmarks and extensions into Firefox and all 3 of my e-mail accounts into Thunderbird, updated everything and set up a backup schedule. Even managed to import uBlock Origin's 'My Filters' from my Mac. (I don't have a way that I can think of to get 1Password working though as I sync it through iCloud (and don't want to go back to Dropbox, even if there were a 1Password client for Linux that wasn't a subscription to Agilebits own servers.) I was a GP for goodness' sake, not an IT tech. Also - number of times I had to use a command line in Terminal: 0. Things have changed. And maybe I miss some of the sense of achievement I had when installing LinuxPPC or YellowDog onto old PPC Macs. But never mind that, I have full functionality, an OS that starts up in seconds and runs really fast, plus all the fun that comes from anyone in a public place looking over your shoulder and asking what your computer is?
If you're [generic 'you' here forward] not gaming or locked into a corporate environment I don't know why you're putting up with Win10. I have loads of certifications from MS, up to and including Win7, so I've never been one to slag on them just because it's trendy (hell, they paid my bills for a bit). But comparing Win10 to a Mint distro in a home environment I see literally zero reasons to keep Win10 going other than gaming. Don't want to evangelize, but god damned if Mint doesn't just purr along without tending. Anyway, JMO, YMMV.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm
Alright, chaps, I never meant to start the new Stihl vs. Husqvarna thread.

Yellow Dog! I once installed that on one of my "lost" week-ends. Many years ago. I eventually settled on Dead Rat and SUSE distros (my home network at the time was 11 boxes running various diverse OS including an ancient SPARC).

Anyway, I migrated off of Mint around a 18 months ago to Kubuntu. I was having ongoing issues with the laptop graphics card that got worse over time and after two years of work-arounds I threw in the towel.

The default UI is now for Ubuntu is back to Gnome.

But I was not happy with the new Gnome(V3) preferring the previous version and I was unwilling to wrestle with it again hence I went back to KDE (which I had not used in years).

Basically, I no longer get my jollies from delving into issues. While I can fix it, what I want is for stuff to work without me having to didddle with it.

(I have turned into one of those grumpy old men ... I also look back at the "good old days" with a jaundiced view too).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I recall a stream a while back with Jim, Ethan Ralph and Carl.

Yeah, Jim is my nihilist, reality TV guilty pleasure. Sometimes I like hearing about people shoving bike pumps up their arse.
Obviously, I (at least somewhat) agree - or I wouldn't be familiar enough with the subject to make a coherent point.

But for however long - it did give me pause...(cf Larry Talbot)...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tossed fish & milkshakes, hostile unfair BBC interview-shrews, drowning him out with senseless chants, media lies that he's racist or 'pro-pedophilia', banning him from campus, boycotting his debate, petionning Theresa May to ban him from running for any office...

who-knew that the actual way to sabotage Sargon's campaign-- was to put a microphone in front of him, ask him what policies he stands-for, and give him all the uninterrupted time he desires-- to hang himself?

This video isn't spectacular fireworks. But "cameras inside every mosque, if it's good enough for Saudi Arabia-- it's good-enough for us" is a strange thing for a Classical Liberal to propose. I'm only 12 minutes in, but I'm sure there's plenty-more weird shit he'll say next...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC4iWse_S50

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Service Dog wrote: Tossed fish & milkshakes, hostile unfair BBC interview-shrews, drowning him out with senseless chants, media lies that he's racist or 'pro-pedophilia', banning him from campus, boycotting his debate, petionning Theresa May to ban him from running for any office...

who-knew that the actual way to sabotage Sargon's campaign-- was to put a microphone in front of him, ask him what policies he stands-for, and give him all the uninterrupted time he desires-- to hang himself?

This video isn't spectacular fireworks. But "cameras inside every mosque, if it's good enough for Saudi Arabia-- it's good-enough for us" is a strange thing for a Classical Liberal to propose. I'm only 12 minutes in, but I'm sure there's plenty-more weird shit he'll say next...

I mean, you don't think that's actually a real proposal, do you?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

See? Not all UK police are useless...

:lol:

(I can translate if required)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think Kirbmarc has another case to answer for...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote:

WTFF?
You never heard of the 'New European'? .. Racist! :snooty:

https://i.imgur.com/JCcogaP.jpg

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Random Lurker wrote:
screwtape wrote: Alright, chaps, I never meant to start the new Stihl vs. Husqvarna thread.

If you're [generic 'you' here forward] not gaming or locked into a corporate environment I don't know why you're putting up with Win10. I have loads of certifications from MS, up to and including Win7, so I've never been one to slag on them just because it's trendy (hell, they paid my bills for a bit). But comparing Win10 to a Mint distro in a home environment I see literally zero reasons to keep Win10 going other than gaming. Don't want to evangelize, but god damned if Mint doesn't just purr along without tending. Anyway, JMO, YMMV.
My second experience of Linux: A few years back I put Mint on an old ex Win XP Samsung netbook in order to use the cam for surveillance /skype (long story)
Install was fine and there were enough available drivers for the netbook - seemed to initially work OK but after a few hours wi fi (which I needed always on) kept dropping and had to be manually restarted - could not find any obvious reason - Linux is fine when it works but if you hit a problem and the searched forums/google can't get you a solution you are on your own - and I don't want to spend my life trying command lines that might or might not work.

I did think that with the rise of the smart phone and android especially , that everyday users who might have stuck with Windows or Apple all their lives are more open to using an alternative (free) OS , but Android only has to do so much - unlike a full desktop windows alternative. i am not and never will be a gamer but I have programs that will pretty much only run on Windows reliably . Don't mention dual booting etc etc
Also these days you can run Win 10 without activation or get a working key for a few quid on ebay so the cost of the OS isnt really a factor like it used to be . There is certainly an argument for using a lightweight alternate OS as Windows get more bloated . (apparently lightweight official Windows 10 Lite is coming) There's also ReactOS
https://reactos.org/
though I haven't tried it.
For the netbook project at the time, I ended up installing Win 10 non-activated- not expecting the old hardware to be able to handle it and it actually ran a bit sluggishly of course but enough to use for what I required it for at the time.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Pitchguest wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Tossed fish & milkshakes, hostile unfair BBC interview-shrews, drowning him out with senseless chants, media lies that he's racist or 'pro-pedophilia', banning him from campus, boycotting his debate, petionning Theresa May to ban him from running for any office...

I mean, you don't think that's actually a real proposal, do you?
Thankfully though sarcasm can get misinterpreted online that doesn't happen IRL
oh hang on...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote: I think Kirbmarc has another case to answer for...
Tawhidi is a reactionary Shiite cunt who is manipulating dumb American conservatives like reactionary Sunni cunts manipulate dumb American liberals.

Owens is yet another grifter who is manipulating dumb American conservatives by playing the role of the lib triggerer who argues that all libs are secretly opportunistic racists, after the field of grift that comes wih being a SocJus who argues that all whites are secretly opportunistic racists became too crowded for her to get famous.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tawhidi is a reactionary Shiite cunt who is manipulating dumb American conservatives like reactionary Sunni cunts manipulate dumb American liberals.

Owens is yet another grifter who is manipulating dumb American conservatives by playing the role of the lib triggerer who argues that all libs are secretly opportunistic racists, after the field of grift that comes wih being a SocJus who argues that all whites are secretly opportunistic racists became too crowded for her to get famous.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Oh, and Prager U is about as reliable as a source of knowledge as Trump University.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I guess they didn't buy the "Forty Days and Forty Nights" policy, allowing YHWH to inflict his ironic humour on us:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/25/us/noahs ... index.html
Ha_bloody_ha.jpg
(233.18 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Is he a Shiite cunt, a shite cunt or just a cunt?

Kidding aside, Owens, despite her sensationalist tendencies, do sometimes arrive at interesting observations. For example, the fact that radical Muslims in the US would never vote for a Republican. And the fact that Muslim reformists are shunned by the left, but traditionalists are embraced. I think that's fascinating.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Pitchguest wrote: Kidding aside, Owens, despite her sensationalist tendencies, do sometimes arrive at interesting observations. For example, the fact that radical Muslims in the US would never vote for a Republican. And the fact that Muslim reformists are shunned by the left, but traditionalists are embraced. I think that's fascinating.
That and I'd eat her ass with a wooden spoon.

/cough

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

screwtape wrote: I guess they didn't buy the "Forty Days and Forty Nights" policy, allowing YHWH to inflict his ironic humour on us:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/25/us/noahs ... index.html

Ha_bloody_ha.jpg
I'm guessing when they built that "full-scale" Ark, they didn't account for the Gervais principle.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Bhurzum wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: Kidding aside, Owens, despite her sensationalist tendencies, do sometimes arrive at interesting observations. For example, the fact that radical Muslims in the US would never vote for a Republican. And the fact that Muslim reformists are shunned by the left, but traditionalists are embraced. I think that's fascinating.
That and I'd eat her ass with a wooden spoon.

/cough
What's life without a little chocolate?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote: Owens is yet another grifter who is manipulating dumb American conservatives by playing the role of the lib triggerer who argues that all libs are secretly opportunistic racists, after the field of grift that comes wih being a SocJus who argues that all whites are secretly opportunistic racists became too crowded for her to get famous.
The problem with your theory is that Candace Owens is so effective at counterfeiting a conservative critique-- why would any Republican give a shit if she's 'just faking it'?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

However-- that 'imam' she's interviewing is clearly just Sasha Baron Cohen in disguise.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hemant's got his panties in a twist again, this time over the unbearable thought that religious couples have more satisfying sex lives than secular humanists:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... ive-truth/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And wow, this graph from the NR article on that study, showing the huge cuck rates among secular couples:

ifs-cheated.jpg
(41.46 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Was anyone surprised by that?

(I must admit I am responsible for some of that big yellow bar on the left.)

John D

Post by John D »

Interesting stuff for Southern fans.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Kirbmarc wrote: Owens is yet another grifter who is manipulating dumb American conservatives by playing the role of the lib triggerer who argues that all libs are secretly opportunistic racists, after the field of grift that comes wih being a SocJus who argues that all whites are secretly opportunistic racists became too crowded for her to get famous.
I think it is simpler than that. She used to have the unexamined belief that most US conservatives were racists, but in the fallout from the socialautopsy affair, it was the conservatives who treated her decently and explained why it was a bad, if well-intentioned idea, and the progressives who treated her like an uppity negress. The progressives would never use those words, but I have no doubt that that was how she felt she was treated. Most American conservatives want black friends pretty badly, and I think discovering this was a surprise to her and that this surprise was more of a factor than any mercenary motives. She seems to be fairly close to average in intelligence, if she were a schemer she would be more obvious.

B.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: Interesting stuff for Southern fans.
It's back up. Looks like Tim and a shed load of complaints has touched a nerve.

https://i.imgur.com/GFAoQXk.png

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty good.... really... it is.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: This is pretty good.... really... it is.
Agreed, i was very impressed with Miss Southern's work. Heartbreaking stories of these migrants who are just sold a complete lie, also highlights just what useless fucktards the European Union are, every fucking remoaner in Britain should be made to watch this.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

This is pretty funny. As I stated in the thread, it's nothing more than an attempt to cover arses and insulate the CoC (chain of command) from any legal fallout in the event of an incident.

Oh, and several of the "points" on the list are standard practice and all ranks are openly (proudly) guilty as charged.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Bhurzum wrote:

This is pretty funny. As I stated in the thread, it's nothing more than an attempt to cover arses and insulate the CoC (chain of command) from any legal fallout in the event of an incident.

Oh, and several of the "points" on the list are standard practice and all ranks are openly (proudly) guilty as charged.
If the CoC really believed in the point they were trying to make, the leaflet would also be disseminated in all of the many other languages spoken by members of the British army.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

dogen

Post by dogen »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm
There's solid evidence that changing cosmic ray flux from the sun is responsible for some of the observed temperature increase over the last 40 years, there's no support for it being the primary driver, and at best it shares responsibility with anthropogenic CO2.
And this solid evidence is? From what I've read cosmic radiation follows the solar cycle.
The effect of cosmic rays on climate is through seeding of clouds by nucleation of particles. There are so many other sources of cloud seeding particles that the potential effect of ionisation by cosmic rays is probably negligible. Shaviv's recreation of the historical cosmic radiation record makes a lot of leaps, so not much stock can be put in that. Looks very much like just another one of those bits of research spread by think tanks and bloggers but justifiably regarded as dubious by sober scientists.
I've worked with Shaviv in the past. He's sloppy -- he shoots for results that challenge the "standard narrative", ignoring possibly important effects that might argue against his claims. I don't think he's a stooge for climate denialists, more someone who prioritizes his own glory over the truth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Not the only lump of shite Dan Snow has put forward this week.

https://i.imgur.com/JOjJxOw.png
https://i.imgur.com/37bqGIv.png