You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Lsuoma »

Looks like the Maybot has handed more votes to the Brexit party by promising MPs another referendum if they back her deal. Worst. PM. Ever.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Don't let the innocent woodland creature act fool you, the fucker is casing the joint.
https://www.weau.com/content/news/WATCH ... 21861.html

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

InfraRedBucket wrote: D7FUK8kX4AAbvmb.png
D7FUSlhXsAACj-p.png
D7FUbgIXoAEYe59.png
There's been a lot of people espousing similar views. They're little more than violent fantasy, and I think they're really fucking weird.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Here is a woefully undersubscribed YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mDDxUApRvk

Keating

Post by Keating »

It wasn't as bad as I expected. Only one person brought the election up, with a dig at Queensland, but no one else took the bait.
KiwiInOz wrote: There are people out there who believe in cosmic balance and that justice will prevail. If Game of Thrones has taught us anything, it's that it aint so (and that tits and dragons sell). Perhaps Labor needed to have more tits and dragons in their superior policy offering.
Well, that's always the case. In 2007, I was certainly torn between the NBN proposal on one hand, and Internet Filtering on the other.
I'm a bit disappointed because the country does need to move on with its energy transformation and addressing food and water security wrt climate, but recognise that it will happen despite the conservatives best efforts. It will just be slower and potentially more painful than it needed to be.
I still feel there are too many mother hood statements in the way climate change is discussed, and very little actual real proposals. It's too much of this:

An example is banning plastic straws, which the local ACT government is investigating. The overwhelming majority of the plastic waste that ends up in the oceans comes from India and Africa, yet the tiny fraction that comes from the relatively well off and generally environmentally conscious Canberrans is what will save the Earth. That framing is obviously wrong, and certainly turns me off. I'm not even necessarily against the proposal. What annoys me is the way it is being pushed as something that must be done to save the environment when that is clearly not the case. It's the same elitism that rubbed Queenslanders the wrong way when Bob Brown decided to convoy through rural areas (and I like Bob Brown).

Another aspect is that no party saying that something major must be done about electricity generation and mining in order to solve climate change, is that it is all supply side. Not one of them has a population/immigration position to address the demand side (because that would be racist). Seems to me the best thing that could be done is to help Africa and India develop as fast as possible so they are wealthy enough to become environmentally conscious themselves. All the evidence suggests that environmental preservation becomes a higher priority once a population becomes wealthy enough that lower needs have been met.
But I am heartened because a) ScoMo has a chalice to his lips that was poisoned by him, his team, and an unrelenting future and b) Government Senator Arthur Sinodinos has put it out there that the Government needs to pull its head out of its posterior and position for a future with renewable energy etc.
I dunno. I agree there are uncertain future events on the horizon, but ScoMo has the remarkably free position to have won the election without making any real promises, or be beholden to anyone in the party. He's rid of Abbott who would have been the major havoc maker on the back bench. While I agree he will find ways to screw it up, he has a free hand to do whatever he wants, and thus has a very low bar to clear to maintain reasonable popularity.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The bottom line is, the progs in Australia chose Sudanese thugs over koalas.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Left are laughing themselves silly at somebody throwing a milkshake at Nigel Farage.

The Brexit Party have gained 5% in the polls since it happened.

John D

Post by John D »

Climate Change....

Doing nothing is worse than doing anything... thus we get the Paris Accord.... which really doesn't even dent the CO2 issue.

I have heard many people say "We have proven that climate change is man made so we must do something!" This is usually followed by cheers and applause. Haha. Why do people believe this? How can it possibly matter that the cause of climate change is man? What if climate change was not caused by man????.... would we suddenly not care?

I always ask the question "What is the ideal temperature of the Earth?" No one has an answer. If there is an ideal temperature then we should be able to say why it is ideal. What is the goal? If we can reach this goal how will the economy and biodiversity be affected? Should we target lower ocean levels, or larger glaciers, or perhaps it should be warmer in temperate areas to grow food, or perhaps it is a temperature that supports bio-diversity.

I also never hear what I would think is the most important story. If we know change is coming, let's predict the change and make mitigation plans. Some areas (such as coastal areas) are talking about mitigation. The fact that no one else cares is a sign that people think climate will not affect them directly. It will affect the world, but it will not affect them. People treat It like a nuclear holocaust.... like it will blow up the world. It will not blow up the world. Instead it will make thousand of differences on a local level. It will simply be a local problem for everyone.

Also, it feels like most of the environmental organizations are just on a mission to advertise these days. They are not as focused on positive action. I have given money to the Nature Conservancy for decades. I love the idea that they purchase important piece of land and then protect them from development. They are pushing for practical ways to improve the ecosystem and make larger contiguous uninhabited spaces. But lately... all they talk about is warming. They are spending too much time on this topic. They should be focused on acquiring land that will mitigate the effects of climate change.

Climate change.... as much as we bitch about it.... we can't stop it.... so what do we do now?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Dutch now classify crimes into categories such as 'shoplifting' , 'speeding' and 'other'.

https://www.dw.com/en/dutch-minister-re ... a-48822640

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote: The Left are laughing themselves silly at somebody throwing a milkshake at Nigel Farage.

The Brexit Party have gained 5% in the polls since it happened.
Indeed. Get woke lose vote(s)

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

John D wrote: Climate Change....

Doing nothing is worse than doing anything... thus we get the Paris Accord.... which really doesn't even dent the CO2 issue.

I have heard many people say "We have proven that climate change is man made so we must do something!" This is usually followed by cheers and applause. Haha. Why do people believe this? How can it possibly matter that the cause of climate change is man? What if climate change was not caused by man????.... would we suddenly not care?

I always ask the question "What is the ideal temperature of the Earth?" No one has an answer. If there is an ideal temperature then we should be able to say why it is ideal. What is the goal? If we can reach this goal how will the economy and biodiversity be affected? Should we target lower ocean levels, or larger glaciers, or perhaps it should be warmer in temperate areas to grow food, or perhaps it is a temperature that supports bio-diversity.

I also never hear what I would think is the most important story. If we know change is coming, let's predict the change and make mitigation plans. Some areas (such as coastal areas) are talking about mitigation. The fact that no one else cares is a sign that people think climate will not affect them directly. It will affect the world, but it will not affect them. People treat It like a nuclear holocaust.... like it will blow up the world. It will not blow up the world. Instead it will make thousand of differences on a local level. It will simply be a local problem for everyone.

Also, it feels like most of the environmental organizations are just on a mission to advertise these days. They are not as focused on positive action. I have given money to the Nature Conservancy for decades. I love the idea that they purchase important piece of land and then protect them from development. They are pushing for practical ways to improve the ecosystem and make larger contiguous uninhabited spaces. But lately... all they talk about is warming. They are spending too much time on this topic. They should be focused on acquiring land that will mitigate the effects of climate change.

Climate change.... as much as we bitch about it.... we can't stop it.... so what do we do now?
I stopped donating to the Nature Conservancy when all of they talked about was the rain forest. They seemed to lose focus on local conservation and go along with whatever the big "global" issues were. It may be that it increases overall contributions, but it looked to me like they were losing sight of the mission to work locally.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Indeed. Get woke lose vote(s)

Which adds up to 101%.

Based on these figures how likely is Carl likely to get elected?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote: Based on these figures how likely is Carl likely to get elected?
Low, but he has a chance. He's in the South West region which gets 6 MEP's under the PR system (UKIP got 2 in 2014) Anne Widdecombe, Brexit Party is a shoe in. Benjamin is 2nd choice UKIP candidate.
I'll allow the BBC to explain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48081663

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

At the Copenhagen and Rio summits, binding CO2 limits were torpedoed by China ... and obama.
If it's us, we can do something to stop it.

Not more than c. 2º than now. The CO2 ppm level that will trigger that increase has been identified, and we are running over it now.
Keep the temp down, and everything else is taken care of. Don't, and there's a domino effect.
Stopping global warming will entail that some bastards don't get to make shitloads of money the way they used to. Other folks can make money with the changes. Not stopping GW will fuck the economy in epic unimaginable ways.
GW is already leading to loss of habitat, but so is population growth.
GW does not enhance agriculture; it disrupts weather patterns, especially floods & droughts. The net effect is loss of agriculture. Fisheries are also already being negatively impacted.

I also never hear what I would think is the most important story. If we know change is coming, let's predict the change and make mitigation plans. Some areas (such as coastal areas) are talking about mitigation.
What are the plans for massive shortages in food? For the relocation of the billions of people who live in coastal cities? Venice is talking about building dykes.
Not only are he Chinese are the biggest drivers of GW, they see its effects as an opportunity to overthrow the West.

People treat It like a nuclear holocaust.... like it will blow up the world. It will not blow up the world.
I think we've already established that AOC is complete fucking retard.
Instead it will make thousand of differences on a local level. It will simply be a local problem for everyone.
That's a good way of putting it. Still, some local problems will be utter disasters. The folks affected aren't just gonna sit there. They'll migrate, leading to the collapse of less seriously affected areas. Leading to violence. Leading to wars. Leading to me running out of 00 buck.

Also, it feels like most of the environmental organizations are just on a mission to advertise these days. They are not as focused on positive action.
Fear-mongering and urgent appeals work to a certain extent to generate donations. But it's not a good approach for general advocacy and persuasion.

I have given money to the Nature Conservancy for decades. I love the idea that they purchase important piece of land and then protect them from development. They are pushing for practical ways to improve the ecosystem and make larger contiguous uninhabited spaces. But lately... all they talk about is warming. They are spending too much time on this topic. They should be focused on acquiring land that will mitigate the effects of climate change.
Mission creep. Maybe they got taken over by SJWs.

We can stop it, but we've been fiddling and diddling for too long, and now it will be much harder than just 10 years ago (thanks, obama!) We need binding carbon limits, and that can only be done with diplomacy &/or sanctions against the worst emitters. Those are the 'developing' nations, which leftists don't want to touch, so they pick on the lifestyles of ordinary Americans. The 'green economy' of obama was a complete scam -- a slush fund for his biggest donors who created fake companies to get gov't $$$. The 'New Green Deal' is fucking delusional.

First thing, we need to shift to renewable energy, and the gov't can drive that. FSS, we built Liberty Ships! We can do this. As a side bonus, then we can finally nuke Mecca.
Second, we need to thwart China, and maybe lop off a few of her grasping tentacles.
Then, we need to lower the goddamn population.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

At the Copenhagen and Rio summits, binding CO2 limits were torpedoed by China ... and obama.
If it's us, we can do something to stop it.

Not more than c. 2º than now. The CO2 ppm level that will trigger that increase has been identified, and we are running over it now.
Keep the temp down, and everything else is taken care of. Don't, and there's a domino effect.
Stopping global warming will entail that some bastards don't get to make shitloads of money the way they used to. Other folks can make money with the changes. Not stopping GW will fuck the economy in epic unimaginable ways.
GW is already leading to loss of habitat, but so is population growth.
GW does not enhance agriculture; it disrupts weather patterns, especially floods & droughts. The net effect is loss of agriculture. Fisheries are also already being negatively impacted.

I also never hear what I would think is the most important story. If we know change is coming, let's predict the change and make mitigation plans. Some areas (such as coastal areas) are talking about mitigation.
What are the plans for massive shortages in food? For the relocation of the billions of people who live in coastal cities? Venice is talking about building dykes.
Not only are he Chinese are the biggest drivers of GW, they see its effects as an opportunity to overthrow the West.

People treat It like a nuclear holocaust.... like it will blow up the world. It will not blow up the world.
I think we've already established that AOC is complete fucking retard.
Instead it will make thousand of differences on a local level. It will simply be a local problem for everyone.
That's a good way of putting it. Still, some local problems will be utter disasters. The folks affected aren't just gonna sit there. They'll migrate, leading to the collapse of less seriously affected areas. Leading to violence. Leading to wars. Leading to me running out of 00 buck.

Also, it feels like most of the environmental organizations are just on a mission to advertise these days. They are not as focused on positive action.
Fear-mongering and urgent appeals work to a certain extent to generate donations. But it's not a good approach for general advocacy and persuasion.

I have given money to the Nature Conservancy for decades. I love the idea that they purchase important piece of land and then protect them from development. They are pushing for practical ways to improve the ecosystem and make larger contiguous uninhabited spaces. But lately... all they talk about is warming. They are spending too much time on this topic. They should be focused on acquiring land that will mitigate the effects of climate change.
Mission creep. Maybe they got taken over by SJWs.

We can stop it, but we've been fiddling and diddling for too long, and now it will be much harder than just 10 years ago (thanks, obama!) We need binding carbon limits, and that can only be done with diplomacy &/or sanctions against the worst emitters. Those are the 'developing' nations, which leftists don't want to touch, so they pick on the lifestyles of ordinary Americans. The 'green economy' of obama was a complete scam -- a slush fund for his biggest donors who created fake companies to get gov't $$$. The 'New Green Deal' is fucking delusional.

First thing, we need to shift to renewable energy, and the gov't can drive that. FSS, we built Liberty Ships! We can do this. As a side bonus, then we can finally nuke Mecca.
Second, we need to thwart China, and maybe lop off a few of her grasping tentacles.
Then, we need to lower the goddamn population.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Maybe he'll get elected in a Flurry of votes?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Maybe he'll get elected in a Flurry of votes?
There's no trifling with this election.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Titania McGrath proposes a solution that will please everyone on both sides.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:
There's no trifling with this election.
The cream always rises to the top.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Zat you, Sticky Dicky?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

In Scotland that would be a McFlurry.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

This is a fascinating documentary, which presents a plausible case for why we ought not to worry about anthropogenic climate change. It seems to present a calm and reasonable argument (save for an overly dramatic intro) for solar activity causing temperature variations, with changes in CO2 following after a lag as oceans gradually warm or cool and either release or sequester CO2. I would like it to be true, but by this point I'm not sure who to believe!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: In Scotland that would be a McFlurry.
That's a racist stereotype.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to put on my kilt and take my ginger dogs out haggis hunting so I can afford a heroin supper and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Och aye the noo, Jimmy!

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

screwtape wrote: This is a fascinating documentary, which presents a plausible case for why we ought not to worry about anthropogenic climate change. It seems to present a calm and reasonable argument (save for an overly dramatic intro) for solar activity causing temperature variations, with changes in CO2 following after a lag as oceans gradually warm or cool and either release or sequester CO2. I would like it to be true, but by this point I'm not sure who to believe!

There's solid evidence that changing cosmic ray flux from the sun is responsible for some of the observed temperature increase over the last 40 years, there's no support for it being the primary driver, and at best it shares responsibility with anthropogenic CO2. Of course, science-is-settled activists diminish or ignore this part of the science, and attempted rebuttals from these activists tend to misunderstand the argument by focusing on general solar activity rather than cosmic ray irradiance. The argument about CO2 is wrong, however. While the increase in atmospheric CO2 is enhanced due to release from warming oceans, it is extremely well established that the predominant driver for the increase in atmospheric CO2 is anthropogenic fossil fuel burning, since the ratio of isotopes Carbon-12 to Carbon-13 in the atmosphere has been slowly approaching the ratio typically found in fossil fuels as atmospheric CO2 levels rise.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: In Scotland that would be a McFlurry.
That's a racist stereotype.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to put on my kilt and take my ginger dogs out haggis hunting so I can afford a heroin supper and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Och aye the noo, Jimmy!
Don't forget to pick up a dozen deep fried Mars Bars on the way back.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: This is a fascinating documentary, which presents a plausible case for why we ought not to worry about anthropogenic climate change. It seems to present a calm and reasonable argument (save for an overly dramatic intro) for solar activity causing temperature variations, with changes in CO2 following after a lag as oceans gradually warm or cool and either release or sequester CO2. I would like it to be true, but by this point I'm not sure who to believe!

Those useless climatologists. How could they have overlooked solar activity and lagging CO2 releases from oceans.

Oh wait. They haven't.

Of course solar activity affects the climate (we have seasons and ice ages for a reason). It provides the energy input to our climate system. There are 11 year cycles in activity, but they do not explain the current global increase in temperature. At this level it is a stock and flow issue between the UV energy input from the sun and the infra red energy output back into space. The GHGs in our atmosphere regulate the rate at which this is lost to space. The current global increase in temperature cannot be explained by solar activity (i.e. its not oscillating around a flat line).

There are a whole lot of interacting feedback loops in our climate system, so an increase or decrease in ocean temperatures can release or absorb CO2 which will have an effect on temperature. But, as jugheadnaut notes, the current increase in GHG concentration in our atmosphere is due to the release of millions of years of sequestered carbon dioxide over two centuries from the combustion of fossil fuels. So in this case the CO2 concentration and warming precedes CO2 out-gassing from the oceans but this becomes an input in the reinforcing feedback loop of out-gassing and warming (but with a lag preceded by increased ocean acidification), etc.

The next solar minimum is not going drop the temperature because a) we are not reducing the rate of input of GHGs to the atmosphere, and b) other feedback loops, e.g. melting of permafrosts because of warming is releasing methane from the clathrate hydrates. And methane had a greater radiative forcing effect than CO2. Etc, etc.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

methane has, etc. Ignore my typos

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Ever see someone squirm like a worm on a hook?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KiwiInOz wrote: Don't forget to pick up a dozen deep fried Mars Bars on the way back.
That's a myth, I've been assured that fried curly wurly's are the sweaty sock staple diet of choice.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Don't forget to pick up a dozen deep fried Mars Bars on the way back.
That's a myth, I've been assured that fried curly wurly's are the sweaty sock staple diet of choice.
Well, they're 10p cheaper. Every penny is a prisoner y'ken?

Hoots!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If that's the way things are going - have a taste of Cherry Wainer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeu72y0f4Kc

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Well, they're 10p cheaper. Every penny is a prisoner y'ken?

Hoots!
Don't call me Ken.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: Don't call me Ken.
Nae danger, Percy.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So did anyone hear about Farage, N. being trapped on a bus?

Apparently it did not end well...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Albo is probably going to be the next leader of our Labor party. No, not this Albo, unfortunately.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Yeah, I'm not that excited by Albo. I'm fairly sure that if he was opposition leader after Rudd stood down, he'd have been Prime Minister at the previous election. Now, his time has largely passed. I'm a little surprised that no one else is running, especially how keen Shorten was to prevent him becoming leader.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Old white racist army veteran fascist scumbag gets the milkshake treatment he thoroughly deserves for ruining our future, my only surprise is the choice of coloured milk. Obvously chocolate had sold out, another sign of western racist non white oppression. :x

No country for old white men.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I foresee a brief trend in clothing with faux-milkshake stains pre-applied. "Would you like your shirt in strawberry, chocolate or for an extra £5, soy-almond goop with sprinkles and a cherry?"

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Meanwhile back in the states there are questions that inquiring minds just have to know...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

screwtape wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 pm
This is a fascinating documentary, which presents a plausible case for why we ought not to worry about anthropogenic climate change. It seems to present a calm and reasonable argument (save for an overly dramatic intro) for solar activity causing temperature variations, with changes in CO2 following after a lag as oceans gradually warm or cool and either release or sequester CO2. I would like it to be true, but by this point I'm not sure who to believe!
► Show Spoiler
Rule of thumb is when in doubt, Potholer54. He isn't a climatologist, he's a geologist turned science journo. He sticks very rigorously to the scientific literature though. His major skill is in tracking down the source of claims and differentiating between mere opinion and supported claims.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm
There's solid evidence that changing cosmic ray flux from the sun is responsible for some of the observed temperature increase over the last 40 years, there's no support for it being the primary driver, and at best it shares responsibility with anthropogenic CO2.

And this solid evidence is? From what I've read cosmic radiation follows the solar cycle.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Can anyone tell me if mushrooms are an invasive species spawned from another planet, and that are manipulating people like that fungus does to ants, or that cat pee does to humans in Brazil?

The country not the movie.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hey Britpeeps, when will the results start coming out? Are exit polls allowed to be published as soon as UK polls close? I heard voting won't be complete EU-wide until Sunday...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: Hey Britpeeps, when will the results start coming out? Are exit polls allowed to be published as soon as UK polls close? I heard voting won't be complete EU-wide until Sunday...
EU rules (don't they just love their rules) stipulate that all countries must have finished voting before exit polls can be released and some of them don't vote until Sunday so the earliest anything will be known is Monday 27th although that is a bank holiday here in the UK so they might not release full figures until Tuesday 28th.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So will the Maybot be gone by then? It means that a different person will have to face the most monumental bollock-kicking a government has ever received.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: So will the Maybot be gone by then? It means that a different person will have to face the most monumental bollock-kicking a government has ever received.
Haven't you heard, she's barricaded herself into the number 10 broom cuoboard and is refusing to come out until that nasty Mr Farage goes away and never ever ever comes back. Ever!

All the clever money has her gone by Tuesday, but we've heard that before, I'll believe it when I see it but surely this has to be the end. :pray:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote: So will the Maybot be gone by then? It means that a different person will have to face the most monumental bollock-kicking a government has ever received.
It won't happen that fast. Likelihood is at some point, she will announce a timetable for selection of her successor as Leader of the Tory party - the process which will take several weeks or months - while remaining PM until that has completed so the Queen can officially hand over . No caretaker PM inbetween. But who knows if the Maybot finally self destructs suddenly?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

So how's that #metoo "Always believe the women" strategy going these days?
MWSnap015 2019-05-23, 23_01_53.jpg
(90.17 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-48379980

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

According to the nightly news (ITV) May want's to stay on for the D-Day commerorations on 6th June and Trump's state visit and then stay as caretake til Septenber while the party chooses a leader over the summer recess. She's not called Teflon Theresa for nothing.

Also early exit poll indicators showing the Tories are at a paltry 7% and Labour not much better (early teens) Greens and UKIP doing better than expected. Out of interest such a low polling at a general election would result in them having zero MP's. :oops:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ludwig von Mises wrote: You have the courage to tell the masses what no politician told them: you are inferior and all the improvements in your conditions which you simply take for granted you owe to the effort of men who are better than you.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/125 ... bl_vppi_i0

Well, I'm enjoying the book so far (which to the surprise of no one I'm sure, is where above quote comes from). Though I'm not familiar enough with the paleoconservative movement or Pat Buchannon to know how accurate that part of it is.

He even has a 1/2 chapter on GamerGate - so you can judge for yourself how Vennly intersectional your areas of interest are with this particular reading matter.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote: According to the nightly news (ITV) May want's to stay on for the D-Day commerorations on 6th June and Trump's state visit and then stay as caretake til Septenber while the party chooses a leader over the summer recess. She's not called Teflon Theresa for nothing.

Also early exit poll indicators showing the Tories are at a paltry 7% and Labour not much better (early teens) Greens and UKIP doing better than expected. Out of interest such a low polling at a general election would result in them having zero MP's. :oops:

Linkie?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fuckit.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

No link I'm afraid L just what was said on ITV news and what I'm seeing snippets of on twatter. Anyways, off to Bedlington now, i'ts 1.30am here. zzzzz

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
There's solid evidence that changing cosmic ray flux from the sun is responsible for some of the observed temperature increase over the last 40 years, there's no support for it being the primary driver, and at best it shares responsibility with anthropogenic CO2.
And this solid evidence is? From what I've read cosmic radiation follows the solar cycle.
The evidence for the link between solar activity, cosmic rays, clouds, and temperature is primarily due to the published work of Nir Shaviv, Henrik Svensmark, Jan Veizer and others. Cosmic radiation incidence on earth does roughly follow the solar cycle, with times of greater solar activity corresponding to more solar wind, fewer cosmic rays and low clouds, and hence greater temperature. The key link between this and more recent temperature changes lies in the fact that sunspot number (a good proxy for solar activity) and beryllium-10 levels in ice cores (a good proxy for cosmic rays) show a marked increase in solar activity and decrease in cosmic rays through the 20th century over the previous 5 centuries. Shaviv has also quantified the amplification of solar forcing due to this cosmic ray-cloud formation effect to be 6-7 times the forcing due to solar irradiance alone, which is why many of the modelling based efforts to dismiss the importance of solar dynamics on climate are wrong.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
The evidence for the link between solar activity, cosmic rays, clouds, and temperature is primarily due to the published work of Nir Shaviv, Henrik Svensmark, Jan Veizer and others. Cosmic radiation incidence on earth does roughly follow the solar cycle, with times of greater solar activity corresponding to more solar wind, fewer cosmic rays and low clouds, and hence greater temperature. The key link between this and more recent temperature changes lies in the fact that sunspot number (a good proxy for solar activity) and beryllium-10 levels in ice cores (a good proxy for cosmic rays) show a marked increase in solar activity and decrease in cosmic rays through the 20th century over the previous 5 centuries. Shaviv has also quantified the amplification of solar forcing due to this cosmic ray-cloud formation effect to be 6-7 times the forcing due to solar irradiance alone, which is why many of the modelling based efforts to dismiss the importance of solar dynamics on climate are wrong.
My spidey sense starts tingling as soon as I see a post on complex system dynamics using correlation as the key analytic tool. Further googling suggests that my tingles were justified.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

https://skepticalscience.com//pics/TvsTSI.png

The apparent decoupling in the correlation indicates that there are other factors are at play, i.e. there are other feedback loops with a stronger influence acting on the behaviour of the system.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: Can anyone tell me if mushrooms are an invasive species spawned from another planet, and that are manipulating people like that fungus does to ants, or that cat pee does to humans in Brazil?

The country not the movie.
Mushrooms are from Planet 10. The Buckaroo Banzai Planet 10, not Pluto.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: The apparent decoupling in the correlation indicates that there are other factors are at play, i.e. there are other feedback loops with a stronger influence acting on the behaviour of the system.
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ce/4d/1e/ce4d ... istory.jpg

Seriously though, Michio Kaku had a talk (on YT) wherein he explored the various factors (both theoretical and established) governing solar radiation and its impact/effect upon the Earth. I've had a wee rummage but can't track the bugger down. However, if my diseased brain is serving me correctly, his summary was along the lines of "there are too many unknown factors at play and as such, we're currently making semi-educated guesses" or words to that effect.

I love Kaku, he pitches to my level (a thick twat) and converts arcana into understandable info.

Pissed off I can't find the vid :x

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hunt wrote: Mushrooms are from Planet 10. The Buckaroo Banzai Planet 10, not Pluto.
Yuggoth?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: Seriously though, Michio Kaku....
Everyone should visit there at least once in their life.

Quite amazing what the Inca's accomplished...