You is all a bunch of poofs!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Que Sera, Sera...
Nobody else thought to say that...obviously you are the man who knew too much.

John D

Post by John D »

Hunt wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I've come to call this the IKEA Test.
It doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are; there always seems to be some missing bit of critical information that gives you a 50/50 chance of putting in a piece of wood with the unfinished side in the wrong direction, requiring that you disassemble the whole fucking thing and start over again. Those damn Swedes do it on purpose.
Says the guy who sucks at building things.... haha.

I love putting together Ikea stuff. I would be happy if this was my full time job. Each to their own. Some people (such as myself) have crazy 3D brain skills. This doesn't make me smart about all stuff.... but I am usually shocked by how many people don't have this talent. I take it for granted sometimes... and I just assume all the engineers I work with have this talent. Haha... well... they don't. Fortunately, I can always sketch what I am thinking.

I have some patents from ideas that seemed so obvious to me.... they are just things that pop automatically into my head.

An interesting aside. Some bunch of scientists did some studies comparing boys and girls and their 3D mechanical ability. At a young age, and throughout life, the boys performed much better at things like drawing a working bicycle. Hell, I could draw most every part on a bicycle, and then, given a shop and enough time make the thing from scratch. (well, it's hard to make the rubber bits this way, but you know what I mean).

An interesting second aside. I am not much of a speller. Apparently there are many people who actually see words in their head and they are somehow spelled correctly in their head. WTF! The only way I see a word spelled correctly in my mind is if I picture the words on a sign (like a stop sign... haha). My exchange student from Denmark could see a new English word one time, look up the definition, and then have it committed to memory for ever. WTF! That is like a superpower if you ask me. (but.... she could never... in a million years... draw a bicycle).

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

John D wrote: Some people (such as myself) have crazy 3D brain skills. This doesn't make me smart about all stuff.... but I am usually shocked by how many people don't have this talent.
I'm one of them. My 3D skills are non-existent. I always failed those tests where they show you a pic of one side of a multifaceted 3d object then you have to pick from a list of other objects and pick the other side of it.
An interesting second aside. I am not much of a speller. Apparently there are many people who actually see words in their head and they are somehow spelled correctly in their head. WTF! The only way I see a word spelled correctly in my mind is if I picture the words on a sign (like a stop sign... haha).
Now that I do have. I visualize correctly spelled words on the pages of imaginary books. If I'm not sure how a word is spelled I just imagine it in a book. I also associate numbers and colors and see numbers in colors sometimes. Never was able to figure out how to use that weird trait for useful purposes but it's interesting how the brain works.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Does anyone recall the smell of green thunder?

Some people have mathematical skills links to their sinestesia. Perhaps the numbers are just the right colour, and the correct solution tastes right.

On the other hand people prone to seizures report similar results.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: Does anyone recall the smell of green thunder?

Some people have mathematical skills links to their sinestesia. Perhaps the numbers are just the right colour, and the correct solution tastes right.

I can recall the sound of Purple Rain.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Hunt wrote:

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:

Smells like....victory!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today's task switched brain-lobes... IKEA is all built. Now filling walls of bookshelves with books ordered from BooksByTheFoot.com. The goal is to create pleasing color combos.

https://i.imgur.com/lC5AC8j.jpg

Also, I'm supposed to pull 'inapporopriate' titles. Which... I'm pretty lenient about.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

When I was a kid, numbers had sexes and colors for me.

Also when I was a kid, I was assigned at an early age to put together all 'some assembly required' things. My mom says it was because I was a natural at it, plus I swore less than my dad.

Now I make my own furniture out of dimensional lumber.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 am
An interesting second aside. I am not much of a speller. Apparently there are many people who actually see words in their head and they are somehow spelled correctly in their head. WTF! The only way I see a word spelled correctly in my mind is if I picture the words on a sign (like a stop sign... haha). My exchange student from Denmark could see a new English word one time, look up the definition, and then have it committed to memory for ever. WTF! That is like a superpower if you ask me. (but.... she could never... in a million years... draw a bicycle).
Hmmmm ... I do not "see" words in my head. What happen with me is I read words by their "shape" and I guess that is as close as I get to that but apparently it means I read a lot faster than most people. But see words in ma haid? Nope. Nyet. Non. And I suck at spelling.

What I do (used to) see in my head are control blocks, bit blocks, registers etc. Mind I do not know if that is still the case. It has been years now so I have probably forgotten by now. Similar to what happened when it was no longer necessary to read hollerith code.hollerith

However, I see math related problems in my head. That is I "see" the answer or I do not (and have to work it out).

Once I had a psychologist tell me that I came across as arrogant because I would put skip easier problems and then do the harder ones above. Then skip a bunch more and do the harder ones above it. I wound up with an "average" score typical for supervisors in my current position.

What was happening of course was that if I did not see the answer immediately, then I would skip it and go on to the next one. Whereas apparently they wanted me to do one after another in sequence, till I ran out of time.

As for 3D? Not so good. It took me over an hour to assemble this:

https://static.rcwilley.com/products/44 ... image2.jpg

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Service Dog wrote: Today's task switched brain-lobes... IKEA is all built. Now filling walls of bookshelves with books ordered from BooksByTheFoot.com. The goal is to create pleasing color combos.

https://i.imgur.com/lC5AC8j.jpg

Also, I'm supposed to pull 'inapporopriate' titles. Which... I'm pretty lenient about.
When I was in graduate school, a friend of mine owned a local bookshop. Women would come in with a swatch of fabric and choose books, not by title, but rather on whether they matched their new couch. When he suggested that it would be less costly if they went to the Goodwill, they looked horrified. It was a big part of his income.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

John D wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I've come to call this the IKEA Test.
It doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are; there always seems to be some missing bit of critical information that gives you a 50/50 chance of putting in a piece of wood with the unfinished side in the wrong direction, requiring that you disassemble the whole fucking thing and start over again. Those damn Swedes do it on purpose.
Says the guy who sucks at building things.... haha.

I love putting together Ikea stuff. I would be happy if this was my full time job. Each to their own. Some people (such as myself) have crazy 3D brain skills. This doesn't make me smart about all stuff.... but I am usually shocked by how many people don't have this talent. I take it for granted sometimes... and I just assume all the engineers I work with have this talent. Haha... well... they don't. Fortunately, I can always sketch what I am thinking.

I have some patents from ideas that seemed so obvious to me.... they are just things that pop automatically into my head.

An interesting aside. Some bunch of scientists did some studies comparing boys and girls and their 3D mechanical ability. At a young age, and throughout life, the boys performed much better at things like drawing a working bicycle. Hell, I could draw most every part on a bicycle, and then, given a shop and enough time make the thing from scratch. (well, it's hard to make the rubber bits this way, but you know what I mean).

Funny how the mind works, I've always been able to build stuff, I just figure out what I want, grab whatever materials I have at hand and make it happen. No drawings (can't draw for shit) and few measurements. I was reading at a sixth grade level in kindergarten and have a really good memory for things I've read, but I was never able to make any sense of algebra. When I'm writing or typing my spelling is excellent but if you ask me to spell something out loud I sound like I'm brain damaged. I'm great with mechanical shit but have zero musical ability.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yeah, but have you and your buddies finished Hamlet yet???

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, but have you and your buddies finished Hamlet yet???
Years ago, but it's still as shit as the original.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Yeah, but have you and your buddies finished Hamlet yet???
Years ago, but it's still as shit as the original.
And now they are writing for the Murdock press.

John D

Post by John D »

Holy Crap. A 14 year old 5 foot tall braces wearing profane kid! Haha.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tommy Robinson to face contempt of court trial all over again. I believe this is called Double Jeopardy in the US.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Democracy and the rule of law are now both dead letters in the UK. That Starkey interview was great, BTW. He seemed to hit the nail on the head pretty well.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And that is how the UK ends, not with a bang, but with a
220px-Logo_of_Wimpy.svg.png
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 am

There is hope for the world after all.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I see your comment just fine.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Which book shall I place on the coffee table, front & center, in the client's main product display?
Oh yes... tee hee...
https://i.imgur.com/MhlIkxzl.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Arrange the doxx however you like...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:48 am
I see your comment just fine.
That's the replacement comment. The original was memory-holed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Which book shall I place on the coffee table, front & center, in the client's main product display?
Oh yes... tee hee...
What, no massive Helmut Newton or Robert Mapplethorpe book randomly opened to a two-page spread?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:

Nope - removed for violating hate speech policy, at least in the US.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Stephen Fry is literally Hitler!

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:

This video just got removed. I watched it this morning in the US. Try this one instead!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
What, no massive Helmut Newton or Robert Mapplethorpe book randomly opened to a two-page spread?
Other finds in the books-by-the-foot box... Vol. 2 of Robert A. Heinlein biography, 3 copies of Rob Lowe's autobiography, biography of Will Eisner (i put that one in my bag to take home).
Also a Ho Chi Minh biography published by CCCP. With this guy in it...
https://i.imgur.com/igswe5Z.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: ...biography of Will Eisner (i put that one in my bag to take home).
In other words you spirited it away.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Absolutely remarkable thread for the sheer number of people that have not read what happened. The absolute problem with social media today in one example.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Sulman wrote:

Absolutely remarkable thread for the sheer number of people that have not read what happened. The absolute problem with social media today in one example.
I read the thread and most comments think he girl did the right thing. What is it that people would have understood if they had read what happened?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: 3 copies of Rob Lowe's autobiography
I wonder where the other two ended up.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sounds like the ball-pit at Skepticon.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Service Dog wrote: Which book shall I place on the coffee table, front & center, in the client's main product display?
Oh yes... tee hee...
Years ago I shared an apartment with a guy who had an original Karl Benjamin painting. I wonder if he still has it.

(Benjamin taught at CGU, which is only a few blocks from here.)

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: 3 copies of Rob Lowe's autobiography
I wonder where the other two ended up.
If there are only five, would burning two of them increase the value of remaining three? Seems like a reasonable experiment to me...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

BoxNDox wrote: Years ago I shared an apartment with a guy who had an original Karl Benjamin painting. I wonder if he still has it.

I may have hung 3 of his pieces in the Cartier Mansion... all I remember is blue & red vertical stripes. very Rabo Karabekian. That was another job with Books By The Foot. The decorator requested 'Art' books, which included many Anne Geddes baby-photo books. I removed those-- for not being very "Cartier".
https://www.blouinartinfo.com/sites/def ... promo1.jpg

Speaking of this dumb job I'm on this week...

One of the products on display is a gadget which allegedly allows you to do-things like turn-on your popcorn maker from your phone.
Yeah, maybe, I guess. If you've got a team of guys with engineering degrees hiding in your house & the cabinet under your popcorn maker looks like this...

https://i.imgur.com/fq67oPQ.jpg

These same tech giants who pull deceptive shit like this... also tell you with a straight face they're taking good care of your private data & using their enormous data-power responsibly. :popcorn:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:

What arouses hope is the hitherto unsuspected notion that the latest generation are savvy enough to navigate their way through the ideological bullshit. It's the opposite of what we keep hearing about them. Hopefully youtube are censoring their way into irrelevance.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote:
BoxNDox wrote: Years ago I shared an apartment with a guy who had an original Karl Benjamin painting. I wonder if he still has it.

I may have hung 3 of his pieces in the Cartier Mansion... all I remember is blue & red vertical stripes.
Nope. It was Julian Stanczak.

https://d32dm0rphc51dk.cloudfront.net/G ... /large.jpg

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

https://i.imgur.com/BM9wz8r.jpg

The blood lust is never far from the surface. Share by a lefty friend on FB.

I thought it was rather disturbing, given the far left's record on mass murder.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:47 am
Lsuoma wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:

This video just got removed. I watched it this morning in the US. Try this one instead!

The offending video, the one that was removed by YouTube may be found on BitChute here:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/OdaUDeAGIck/

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: And that is how the UK ends, not with a bang, but with a 220px-Logo_of_Wimpy.svg.png
I used to have a badge (aka 'pin' in US) that said "Simpys Make Me Wick". Probably still have it somewhere.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sulman wrote: https://i.imgur.com/BM9wz8r.jpg

The blood lust is never far from the surface. Share by a lefty friend on FB.

The guillotine is not authentic unless there is a LOL (that's Little Old Lady in non-Internetspeak) knitting in front of it.

Madame Defarage - I think...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sulman wrote: The blood lust is never far from the surface. Share by a lefty friend on FB.

It's quite funny, the more you interact with screeching lefties, the more you realize they're the very thing(s) they claim to be fighting - bigoted, racist, sexist, violent and thoroughly incompatible with decent society. No wonder they champion Islam...

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Whitey has been up to his old tricks again.

The racists have been teaching their children how to swim.
Image 5.jpg
(186.05 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Report of migrating my laptop to Linux:

Windows:
"You will click your mouse or type on your keyboard. I will deign to respond, or not, depending on how I feel."

Linux:
"I will do as you say."

Windows:
"Your laptop may power down unexpectedly and I will make due with the corruption."

Linux:
"If your laptop powers down unexpectedly, all bets are off."

I had to promise fsck my first born so that it would repair my file system.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Moral of the story: if you run Linux on a laptop, make sure your battery is good.

John D

Post by John D »

SM1957 wrote: Whitey has been up to his old tricks again.

The racists have been teaching their children how to swim.

Image 5.jpg
Why don't black boys swim more often... Because their mothers don't know how to swim and their fathers are absent. My wife and I took the time to teach our daughters how to swim. We go to the beach and the neighborhood pool. Teaching blacks to swim is appropriating European culture!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: My wife and I took the time to teach our daughters how to swim.
I hope they blacked up first...or at least applied sunscreen.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Insert South African shark fishing joke here.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Yet another lulzy nothing-burger.

Such a pity that officer Bluto doesn't give a fuck about female-privilege :lol:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Hunt wrote: Moral of the story: if you run Linux on a laptop, make sure your battery is good.
A decent journaling file system shouldn't be too troubled by it; I regularly abuse EXT4 on my laptops and I don't recall many problems. The other facet of it is ensuring what ever power-management suite your distro is using is working properly, which often isn't the case, so rather than suspending/hibernating and kicking you out it simply dies..It can be annoying.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Bhurzum wrote:
Those Chinese cops speak English really well.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Wonder whether goatfuckeresses will need to take of the burqa. :think: :think: :think:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, the more I think about it, the more I am glad I left the UK.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

SM1957 wrote: >blacks cant swim<
6. Giant saggy swimtrunks, gold chains, and historical microaggressions drag black swimmers to the bottom.
7. Caint get my hair weave wet
8. 3x as many drowning deaths? What were they doing in the water if they couldn't swim?
9. All Lives Matter
10. All the ones who could swim jumped off the ships & swam back to Africa 400 years ago.
11. Lifeguards are Beach Police... be careful what you wish for.