shoutinghorse

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by shoutinghorse »

I've had worse. ;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: I've had worse. ;)
Not much call for pantomime horses to be put out to stud.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kiwi's only...
who is.JPG
(17.65 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote: Kiwi's only...

who is.JPG
The only truthful site one can still access from NZ!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: The only truthful site one can still access from NZ!
But none of us are there.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that machine is HIV+.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Moderately interesting round table discussion with American high schoolers from 60 years ago.

Nothing ever changes, except that today 60% college students are women.

And interesting that the most regressive one is the black guy who wants women pregnant and in the kitchen.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Just when you think you've hit peak Guardian - I'm not even going to post a link
MWSnap010 2019-04-09, 13_28_18.jpg
(24.88 KiB) Downloaded 462 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I think he over did it - he looks like a complete cunt.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:
Reminds me of that part in Frankie Boyle's autobiography when he recalls a housemate of his shuffling downstairs one morning to warn him against using the vacuum cleaner because he had shagged it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
From the people who will be ruling the entire world before long.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Won't someone think of the children? :pray:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Reminds me of that part in Frankie Boyle's autobiography when he recalls a housemate of his shuffling downstairs one morning to warn him against using the vacuum cleaner because he had shagged it.
Penile injuries from vacuum cleaners. | The BMJ

God, how we ragged poor Neil Citron for publishing that (whilst quietly replacing our Hoover Dustettes).

Malky

Post by Malky »

The fabulous Hayseed Dixie! Specially for Bhurzum:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Malky wrote: The fabulous Hayseed Dixie! Specially for Bhurzum:
\m/ (Mano cornuto)

I'll see your shouty Devon rockers and up the folksy ante with this:

Lyrics:

[Intro]
Wolves asleep amidst the trees
Bats all a swaying in the breeze

[Verse 1]
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
For your dolly Polly sleep has flown
Don't dare let her tremble alone
For the Witcher, heartless, cold
Paid in coin of gold
He comes, he'll go
Leave naught behind
But heartache and woe
Deep, deep woe

[Verse 2]
Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight dies
But one soul lies anxious wide awake
Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths
My dear dolly Polly shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent, utter no cries
As the Witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold

[Outro]
He'll chop and slice you
Cut and dice you
Eat you up whole
Eat you whole

(the lore/story behind this is fantastic)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Addendum to last: This is my absolute favourite piece from the entire two-hour suite. It's more "metal" than a skip-load of girders!

(again, the story behind it is brilliant!)

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Fucking hell - I just got a soggy-end watching that. Why have I never heard of this band?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has discovered (of course) the Chinese harvesting machine and finds it .... intriguing.

Ugg.

Colour me shocked that ‘Remainer May’ and the EU and yet again found common ground.
A draft of the European Council’s resolution (which could change after the leaders meet) says the UK will be told it must spend the delay in “sincere cooperation” with the EU and “refrain from any measure which could jeopardise the attainment of [EU] objectives”.

Some EU leaders, reportedly including France’s Emmanuel Macron, want to go further and impose three-monthly audits. They are concerned that if May is deposed and replaced by a hardline Brexiter such as Boris Johnson the UK could use its halfway-out status to wreak havoc.

The draft does not specify the length of the delay – leaders will reportedly choose between the end of the year, or March 2020.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Speaking of PZ, I am suddenly seeing mentions of him on social media, again. Apparently, one, or both, of the Weinberg's is having a "debate" with him on Twitter.

Seems quite a lot of the IDW crowd were blissfully unaware of what a cunt PZ is.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Hilarious development in the downfall of fake feminist Trudeau: one of the female ministers he threw out of caucus for disagreeing with him has pointed out this contravened the Parliament of Canada Act, which requires written requests from 20% of members of a caucus for an ejection vote, which then must be won by a simple majority. Not such letters were gathered and no vote took place: Trudeau alone declared them gone. The Speaker of the House of Commons will rule upon it, but it seems likely the Liberals will now have to go through a slow and public process to re-eject them, allowing public discontent to boil over in the meantime. Delicious.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

Colour me shocked that ‘Remainer May’ and the EU and yet again found common ground.
A draft of the European Council’s resolution (which could change after the leaders meet) says the UK will be told it must spend the delay in “sincere cooperation” with the EU and “refrain from any measure which could jeopardise the attainment of [EU] objectives”.

Some EU leaders, reportedly including France’s Emmanuel Macron, want to go further and impose three-monthly audits. They are concerned that if May is deposed and replaced by a hardline Brexiter such as Boris Johnson the UK could use its halfway-out status to wreak havoc.

The draft does not specify the length of the delay – leaders will reportedly choose between the end of the year, or March 2020.
I'm starting to think that we'll have to get our freedom the old fashioned way. :violence-guntoting:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Further to my post above, and having read the other national newspaper's take on it, it seems a bit more complicated. The Parliament of Canada Act suggests those rules for party caucuses, but allows them to vote to adopt or discard the rules at their first caucus meeting after an election. The Liberals claim they told the speaker they did not want to be bound by the rules, but have no record of a vote taken upon the matter as required by the law. Naturally, if Trudeau squirms out of this by claiming there was a vote, unrecorded as it was, to decline to adopt the rules suggested by an act of parliament, he still won't look too good. He can console himself by continuing with his threatened lawsuit against the leader of the opposition for "slandering" him with accusations of things he has already had to admit did actually happen. I have never seen a Westminster-style parliament descend into such disarray. It's rather wonderful.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm
I have never seen a Westminster-style parliament descend into such disarray. It's rather wonderful.
There is nothing more Westminster than Westminster.

Though we too have form.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Speaking of PZ, I am suddenly seeing mentions of him on social media, again. Apparently, one, or both, of the Weinberg's is having a "debate" with him on Twitter.

Seems quite a lot of the IDW crowd were blissfully unaware of what a cunt PZ is.
lol. Just one of the Weinbergs has more IQ than ten PZs.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ has discovered (of course) the Chinese harvesting machine and finds it .... intriguing.
But for that true vulval feel, nothing beats a mollusk.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Hilarious development in the downfall of fake feminist Trudeau: one of the female ministers he threw out of caucus for disagreeing with him has pointed out this contravened the Parliament of Canada Act, which requires written requests from 20% of members of a caucus for an ejection vote, which then must be won by a simple majority. Not such letters were gathered and no vote took place: Trudeau alone declared them gone. The Speaker of the House of Commons will rule upon it, but it seems likely the Liberals will now have to go through a slow and public process to re-eject them, allowing public discontent to boil over in the meantime. Delicious.
We elected a reality show host, you all elected a snowboarding instructor.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hitler treated his chumps better.

https://i.imgur.com/RT3tafe.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A weird difference in the big tech approach to this compared to the NZ headcam footage.
► Show Spoiler

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Speaking of PZ, I am suddenly seeing mentions of him on social media, again. Apparently, one, or both, of the Weinberg's is having a "debate" with him on Twitter.

Bret's Twitter feed. PZ is getting dog-piled. It's Epic.

No, seriously. Peez actually told Bret Weinstein 'you are unable to show any evidence that professors are punished for "violating academic left orthodoxies"'. :doh:

I never thought the day'd come where I wished PZ Myers was getting more exposure.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Classic moments.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Jumping Jesus H. Christ on a pogo-stick...this woman is amazing!

Keren Hajioff is sacked, I've gots me a new fantasy gal!

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Brive1987 wrote: Classic moments.

Does that Lieu guy think he is Dr. Evil with his finger steeple move?

Oh..I see it's the steeple of confidence.

https://www.simplybodylanguage.com/hand-gesture.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She has a way with words.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm home early tonight, from work, at a new luxury hotel promoting itself with a party.

Up on the roof, there's a fancy bar, which can't rival the Rainbow Room for history, location, size, or art deco classiness...
but does rival it in sheer visceral charm. It's got a big deco disco ball, like DEVO hat ziggurats!
https://hauteliving.com/2019/04/the-fleur-room/668562/
https://hauteliving.com/wp-content/uplo ... 04/1-9.jpg

The hotel is decorated in flower themes, it's in the Flower District-- a couple good-smelling blocks packed with floral dealers.

The party included a tattoo-artist giving real tattoos. 3 make-up artists giving guests elaborate party make-up, promoting Bella Thorne's make-up brand. She's the big celebrity guest. I've never seen Bella Thorne act in anything, but I recognize her face.
https://i.imgur.com/euKFfyI.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/iqihqfh.jpg?1

What else? A DJ I don't like. Fine when he plays innocuous old club favorites, but then he thinks he's clever playing dated things a self-impressed homo dork thinks are funny, like Britney Spears. The cocktails continue the flower theme-- you're supposed to choose from a menu which edible flowers you want to garnish your drink. The menu was kinda cool... I helped a Swiss intern chick press the flowers between slabs of clear acrylic & affix clear-backed stickers with the flower-names on the front. Artsy craftsy swissy missy.

There's something called 'Hot Chicks And Pizza'. I guess "that's a thing" as they say. Except there's a fetid dumpster out back, below the balcony with the pizza oven. So it's Hot Chicks And Pizza And The Smell Of Rancid Grease And Garbage. I hope they sort that out, soon.

There's a life-size Statue of David, except one of his arms is extended and his hand is ready to accept your cell phone. And his other arm is curving at his side-- so you can dip in there -- like he's taking a selfie with his arm around you.

There are "BAs", which is marketing event talk for "Brand Ambassadors", which is an impressive sounding name for the lowest-rung job for a wannabe actor or model. Usually it's passing out flyers, or greeting guests... in some brand-uniform. But in this case... the girls are wearing lingerie & the guys are in silk boxers & black socks with dress shoes. Man those girls had perfect butts. Some had acne scars or whatever on their faces, but... top-notch butt models. They were all friendly & seemed sane. Pretty calm about me in their dressing room, too!

The final frou-frou silliness... is a fancy suite that has been outfitted for ASMR experiences. A realistic fake-lawn bedspread, a green fake-fur wall, a sink full of rocks with prickly moss... like kiwi skin... rose thorns... that's the Touch room. Maybe you're supposed to stumble around that-one blindfolded?

There's a visual room, with projections of flowers criss-crossing in every direction. Im proud of finding huge palm fronds & banana leaves in the market... the surfaces look cool with granny flowers projected on them.

There's a big room with lots of fake-fur bean bags... and some hipster ASMR Experts... they look like chicks who are into astrology & selfies. I guess they do stuff like one turns her back to the audience with her top-off & the others tease her skin with dandelions or whatever. Plus whispering and ... I don't care what else.

There's another room that's all blacked-out, with highly sensitive microphones. You're invited to climb in bed with a partner & shussh be quiet & tease each other with feathers, electric toothbrushes, crap like that.

Tomorrow I go back & throw all the props in the stinky dumpster. Maybe I'll bring the lawn bedspread home for the dog.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

oh... but the star of today, was This Guy on my block...
https://i.imgur.com/ODDbOT8.png?1

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote: Jumping Jesus H. Christ on a pogo-stick...this woman is amazing!

Porque no los dos?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Jumping Jesus H. Christ on a pogo-stick...this woman is amazing!

Porque no los dos?
My girlfriend is laughing at you guys. She's growling 'Call Me Maaaaaa'am!!!' to the song.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote: Porque no los dos?
Good call. Since we're in the realm of fantasy, I'll have 'em both.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Seems like spring is in the air...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X9NFknjTRE

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

screwtape wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Penile injuries from vacuum cleaners. | The BMJ

God, how we ragged poor Neil Citron for publishing that (whilst quietly replacing our Hoover Dustettes).
An old mate of mine worked for RoSPA (Royal Soc for the Prevention of Accidents) for a while as a summer job, filing their records. His best find was the record of a male (deceased) who became that way by the novel use he found for a mains-powered handheld vacuum cleaner in the bath...

Pseudomonas

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: My girlfriend is laughing at you guys. She's growling 'Call Me Maaaaaa'am!!!' to the song.
https://bpsfuelforthought.files.wordpre ... rying2.jpg

Tell your GF I think she smells, wears funny clothes and can't dance.

:twisted:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Eric Weinstein has jumped into Peezapalosah:

Peez responds by ignoring everything except the claim he was butthurt over not getting to be the Fifth Horseman. The Hordlings deny that Pharyngula has a strict banning policy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190410195 ... -yourself/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Love the way the Morris Turdman get an ineffectual jab at the Pit in his second sentence. We really must have gotten under his exoskeleton. :-)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Nor has anyone tried to recruit me to such a position — I think it’s been clear to every responsible person on the internet or the atheist movement that maybe I’m a little too independent (or disorganized) much of a cunt to be a good choice to be given any power at all.
FTFH

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I wish there were a way to let all those folks know about Peez' mermaid dreams, hentai porn fetish, and pro-bestiality stance. But I'm not on twitter and the Skeptic-schism network is no longer active to cite in any case.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

My wife (who works with children with special needs), wants me to quit using the word “retard”. I do pretty well with that request, until you guys link to the thinking (or lack thereof) of PZ Molars.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

mordacious1 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:33 pm
My wife (who works with children with special needs), wants me to quit using the word “retard”. I do pretty well with that request, until you guys link to the thinking (or lack thereof) of PZ Molars.
Perhaps you could decrease the frequency of your usage over time, rather than immediately stopping completely.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I wish there were a way to let all those folks know about Peez' mermaid dreams, hentai porn fetish, and pro-bestiality stance. But I'm not on twitter and the Skeptic-schism network is no longer active to cite in any case.
http://i.imgur.com/wtNpUIs.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Eric Weinstein has jumped into Peezapalosah:

Peez responds by ignoring everything except the claim he was butthurt over not getting to be the Fifth Horseman. The Hordlings deny that Pharyngula has a strict banning policy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190410195 ... -yourself/
Peez now:
His second mistake, though, is a far more common one, and one that I consider destructive to the movement. The “Four Horsemen” were nothing but hot air.
I said that at the time, and I say it now, the peculiar coronation of the Four Horsemen is a sign that even atheists are susceptible to symbols and myths and religious thinking, and the worst are the ones eager for authoritarianism.
Shorter answer: we never had an atheist tetrarchy, and it’s silly to think I aspired to become part of a non-existent, imaginary leadership. It’s flattering that some people think I was close enough to want to join that club, but honestly, I was also close enough to see how empty the title was, and to have a realistic view of its meaning.
Peez in 2009:
Surely you’ve heard of the four horsemen. I’m not talking about the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse from the book of Revelation; I’m talking about Daniel Dennett, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens, popularized as the four horsemen of the New Atheism. They are all widely read authors of popular books who have been largely responsible, I think, for vaulting atheism into the public consciousness in the last few years.
So I’m going to very prematurely declare myself a fifth horseman. I picture myself, though, as a little guy on a very small pony trotting after the other four. However, I’m waving a great big banner that has the words, “The Internet” on it. That’s me.
https://thehumanist.com/magazine/novemb ... a-horseman

No, Peez never wanted to be a horseman, he never held them in high regard, and we have always been at war with Eurasia.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
Perhaps you could decrease the frequency of your usage over time, rather than immediately stopping completely.
What he's saying is that quitting cold turkey is retarded.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

PZ Myers

10 April 2019 at 12:40 pm

Oh, if I’d been there in that room I wouldn’t have been any fun at all, because I’d sit there questioning their premises, which would have been less marketable, and no one wants to hear about the five horsemen. The appealing thing about the four horsemen video to many people is that there are these 4 guys smugly agreeing with each other, and they can sit at home and agree with them too.
(spit take) Sure, PZ. That's just how it would have happened.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

mordacious1 wrote: My wife (who works with children with special needs), wants me to quit using the word “retard”. I do pretty well with that request, until you guys link to the thinking (or lack thereof) of PZ Molars.
Might I suggest you replace "retard" with another suitably descriptive word? Perhaps "waterhead" would fit the bill? Try it out, take it for a spin and see how it feels.

You're welcome.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
mordacious1 wrote: My wife (who works with children with special needs), wants me to quit using the word “retard”. I do pretty well with that request, until you guys link to the thinking (or lack thereof) of PZ Molars.
Might I suggest you replace "retard" with another suitably descriptive word? Perhaps "waterhead" would fit the bill? Try it out, take it for a spin and see how it feels.

You're welcome.
Or you could call them retreads.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:
What he's saying is that quitting cold turkey is retarded.
To put it more concisely - certain forms of speech are retarded.

Or should be.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Some people will associate Ecuador with the suppression of free speech.

For others it's bananas.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

More white supremecists picking-on black female role-model Kim Foxx...

https://abc7chicago.com/cook-county-sta ... k/5240786/