The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Trump in public asked the Russians to make public Clinton emails
:hand:

The 538 House-Lawyer specifically addressed this and said it was a nothing burger 🍔
Immoral as hell, just possibly not illegal. I hope your bar is just as low for any Democrats...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Just for the record, if a Democrat president were this corrupt and sickening, I'd be going after him/her as well. I objected strongly to party leaders when Hillary rigged the nomination, and I voted for that Libertarian candidate who seemed to think Allepo was a brand of dog food. I'm very active in Democrat politics, but I don't hesitate to vote for Republicans or support them financially if they're the better candidate. So trying to pin this on partisanship isn't gonna hack it. That is simply your own TDS deciding that criticism is always a function of partisanship.

Also, there is a separate, sadly neglected thread about Crimes of the Clintons for your all your whataboutism. Please enjoy responsibly.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Just for the record, if a Democrat president were this corrupt and sickening, I'd be going after him/her as well. I objected strongly to party leaders when Hillary rigged the nomination, and I voted for that Libertarian candidate who seemed to think Allepo was a brand of dog food. I'm very active in Democrat politics, but I don't hesitate to vote for Republicans or support them financially if they're the better candidate. So trying to pin this on partisanship isn't gonna hack it. That is simply your own TDS deciding that criticism is always a function of partisanship.

Also, there is a separate, sadly neglected thread about Crimes of the Clintons for your all your whataboutism. Please enjoy responsibly.
But what about your projected ‘what aboutism’?

I feel the goal posts in this conversation need to be caught, tethered and staked down.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A 538er also tried to pitch the line that this was a great outcome for the Democrats. He got howled down. I feel this podcast is increasingly required listening.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:

Woke pandering. Pretty distasteful.

Joe Biden needs a crash course in islamic culture if he thinks that domestic abuse sanctioned by law is a "white man" thing.

Also, the "rule of thumb" story is bullshit:
A modern folk etymology[10] relates the phrase to domestic violence via an alleged rule under English law that allowed for wife beating provided the implement used was a rod or stick no thicker than a man's thumb.[6] While wife beating has been officially outlawed in England (and later, the United States) for centuries, enforcement of the law was inconsistent, and wife beating did continue. However, such a rule of thumb was never codified in law.[3][11][12]

English jurist William Blackstone wrote in the late 1700s in his Commentaries on the Laws of England that by an "old law", a husband had formerly been justified in using "moderate correction" against his wife, but was barred from inflicting serious violence. According to Blackstone, by the late 1600s this custom was in doubt, and a woman was by then allowed "security of the peace" against an abusive husband[a] (Blackstone did not mention either thumbs or sticks).[3][7] Citing Blackstone, the twentieth-century legal scholar William L. Prosser wrote that there was "probably no truth to the legend" that a husband was allowed to beat his wife "with a stick no thicker than his thumb".[5][12]

The association between the thumb and implements of domestic violence can be traced to the year 1782, when the English judge Sir Francis Buller was ridiculed for purportedly stating that a husband could beat his wife, provided he used a stick no wider than his thumb. There is no record of Buller making such a statement; however, the rumor generated much satirical press, with Buller being mocked as "Judge Thumb" in published jokes and cartoons.[3][7][13]

I'm really concerned about Biden's newfangled "wokeness". Yes, it's likely to be just performative, but it's also the kind of shit that alienates moderate and independent votes.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Woke pandering. Pretty distasteful.

Joe Biden needs a crash course in islamic culture if he thinks that domestic abuse sanctioned by law is a "white man" thing.

Also, the "rule of thumb" story is bullshit:
A modern folk etymology[10] relates the phrase to domestic violence via an alleged rule under English law that allowed for wife beating provided the implement used was a rod or stick no thicker than a man's thumb.[6] While wife beating has been officially outlawed in England (and later, the United States) for centuries, enforcement of the law was inconsistent, and wife beating did continue. However, such a rule of thumb was never codified in law.[3][11][12]

English jurist William Blackstone wrote in the late 1700s in his Commentaries on the Laws of England that by an "old law", a husband had formerly been justified in using "moderate correction" against his wife, but was barred from inflicting serious violence. According to Blackstone, by the late 1600s this custom was in doubt, and a woman was by then allowed "security of the peace" against an abusive husband[a] (Blackstone did not mention either thumbs or sticks).[3][7] Citing Blackstone, the twentieth-century legal scholar William L. Prosser wrote that there was "probably no truth to the legend" that a husband was allowed to beat his wife "with a stick no thicker than his thumb".[5][12]

The association between the thumb and implements of domestic violence can be traced to the year 1782, when the English judge Sir Francis Buller was ridiculed for purportedly stating that a husband could beat his wife, provided he used a stick no wider than his thumb. There is no record of Buller making such a statement; however, the rumor generated much satirical press, with Buller being mocked as "Judge Thumb" in published jokes and cartoons.[3][7][13]

I'm really concerned about Biden's newfangled "wokeness". Yes, it's likely to be just performative, but it's also the kind of shit that alienates moderate and independent votes.

It is concerning, but there's always a lot of pandering until the primaries are done. I don't find it nearly as concerning as pandering to the Christian conservatives, although I'm certain our own Christian conservative disagrees.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Why the unholy fuck did that bold my reply?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Because Kirb didn't close his bold tag.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating wrote: Because Kirb didn't close his bold tag.
We all suffer when you don't close your tags. Zippers up, tags closed. Atten-hut!

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Just for the record, yes, that is illegal.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Because, of course it exonerates Trump... :whistle:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump does a good thing. And if you were a fan of DeVos, the absolute cruelty of defunding the Special Olympics should give you pause.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

De Vos is a devout christian.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https..://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1111370387647021056

Trump does a good thing. And if you were a fan of DeVos, the absolute cruelty of defunding the Special Olympics should give you pause.
Apparently it’s strongly supported by private donation whereas other equally worthy programs are not. In any case. I’d put $10 down that this was a staged intervention. Don’t confuse the narrative.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Drain the swamp!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Because, of course it exonerates Trump... :whistle:
Apparently, it cock-blocks the conversation before “exoneration” for collusion even becomes relevant. As for the sloppy seconds of obstruction, well all it can offer is inconclusive chum for Democrats.

Don’t be the house Rachael Maddow.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... YuV092_WAn

I was wrong about Rachael. You are the Duane Gish of TDS.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump places lips firmly on Saudi ass.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

The line between legal and moral. If Trump was a Democrat, they'd be screaming for blood. Hypocrisy in glaring neon.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Soon to be the norm.

free thoughtpolice

QAnon + IQNot?

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:38 pm
QAnon + IQNot?
I never thought I'd recommend Twitter, but you have to experience Qanon. They think Trump is genius mastermind, and you may be blessed enough to see a former pitter amongst their ranks. Qanon is the penultimate Trump worship, but where it's all inevitably headed.

So very wonderfully crazy. A thing of beauty.

CaptainFluffyBunny

My only argument with that is that most of them have less hair. At least on their heads...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Trump places lips firmly on Saudi ass.
This is a big mistake. The Saudis already have a nuclear power which is more or less under their control: Pakistan. This is an aggressive move against Iran, and it's going to bring even more instability to the Persian Gulf region, especially since Trump ripped apart the nuclear deal with Iran. There's a reason why the US have never done this before, despite kissing Saudi ass for decades.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Most people would consider turning sand into glass to be progress.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Most people would consider turning sand into glass to be progress.
Aren't you the guy who is so much against immigration from certain areas of the world? Do you know what more wars and instability produce? Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’ve been told nuclear wars have a low post-conflict immigration rate.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I’ve been told nuclear wars have a low post-conflict immigration rate.
Hardy har har.

Nuclear asymmetry doesn't cause nuclear wars, but it does cause increased tension.

Truly only a stable genius would think about arming a hegemonic power in an area as unstable as the Persian gulf with nuclear weapons, while doing their best to hinder another hegemonic power. Brilliant.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Do you want another Syrian or Libyan or Iraqi refugee crisis? Because this is how you get it. Perhaps Australia will also be called back to provide military and civilian assistance in the area. Maybe you can enlist and show those pussy libtards how a strong Western power shows its pride without black armbands.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

There's a reason why in decades of an alliance with the festering rot of Saudi Arabia not even Dubya was stupid enough to promise them American nukes.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hold onto your horses. I thought Saudi already had a full deck of Paki-bombs? Meh.
And this worst kept secret ever deal is for nuclear power.
And matching Iran tit for tat with unrealised potential is one way to piss on their parade.

Once we let NKorea get the bomb we pretty much made non proliferation a moot point.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Hold onto your horses. I thought Saudi already had a full deck of Paki-bombs? Meh.
And this worst kept secret ever deal is for nuclear power.
And matching Iran tit for tat with unrealised potential is one way to piss on their parade.

Once we let NKorea get the bomb we pretty much made non proliferation a moot point.
There's a huge difference between an indirect threat and a direct one. With the norks, it's basically Kim ensuring his survival thanks to nuclear symmetry and nuclear blackmail ("Do you want to invade me? Fine, you'll lose San Francisco"). With the Saudis and the Iranians, it's pissing downwind hoping that your enemy sits close enough to get splashed, because this is nuclear asymmetry, since the Iranians don't have any functional nukes ("LOLZ we pwned you, you mad bro?").

The equilibrium between the KSA and Iran is already fragile. This, as you point out, it's not even secret, it's an open provocation. The KSA is hoping that Iran will cave and reduce its influence in the area. But the Iranians have nothing to lose, and no credible threat, so it's likely that they WILL fuck things up somewhere as a reply.

There's a reason why no previous president ever promised the Saudis DIRECT control of nukes. It's unbalancing the scales in an unpredictable way. Not even George W. Bush did this. Ask yourself why.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also, considering that John "Delenda Teheran" Bolton is still calling the shots, this move is likely an open threat to push the Iranians to react, and then whip up a case to invade.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: I’ve been told nuclear wars have a low post-conflict immigration rate.
I've been told that joking about nuclear warfare is vicious. :P
There have never been hydrogen bombs used in conflict. I wouldn't bet against the possibility of massive migrations to less radioactive, southern hemisphere locations if it ever happened. That nice juicy big desert in Australia would be an ideal new homeland for many millions of displaced Arabs and other muslim types.
I've been told they have a natural affinity for parched, sunbaked wasteland. Allah might even bless the area by putting giant oil reserves under it.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.... the SPLC has employees accusing leadership of racism and sexism.... Haha. Many resignations in leadership. If you hire people who see racism and sexism under every rock and stone, eventually you will be accused of racism and sexism.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

There have never been hydrogen bombs used in conflict. I wouldn't bet against the possibility of massive migrations to less radioactive, southern hemisphere locations if it ever happened. That nice juicy big desert in Australia would be an ideal new homeland for many millions of displaced Arabs and other muslim types.
I've been told they have a natural affinity for parched, sunbaked wasteland. Allah might even bless the area by putting giant oil reserves under it.
Wow, nuclear-blasted radioactive wasteland or Australia. Tough choice.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sounds about right.

CaptainFluffyBunny

"But if you show my SAT scores or grades, I'll sue!" What a buffonagator.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote: Also, considering that John "Delenda Teheran" Bolton is still calling the shots, this move is likely an open threat to push the Iranians to react, and then whip up a case to invade.
The return if the Neocon. I would guess the only thing against that is the burning love Trump has for Putin. Which, alas, we may never know the depths of, as it is all very hush-hush. No witnesses to the breathless whispers, nor the first fumbled kiss. The orange wattles flushed with excitement...hey, take your pick, homoerotic or treasonous.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wow, nuclear-blasted radioactive wasteland or Australia. Tough choice.
You are quite right. The country is a shithole you are best well clear of. Stay on your porch.

Even Thor agrees.

On the non natural front the advertising lies. “Million people cities and a European environment”. :bjarte:

https://violetsvintagevault.files.wordp ... 653%2C1024

Now you get 5 million people cities set in a high density Asian built environment.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating

Post by Keating »

I don't get it. Didn't Mueller's office come out and explicitly say a story was false? Do you seriously believe the Mueller would let Barr cover up the real story?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: I don't get it. Didn't Mueller's office come out and explicitly say a story was false? Do you seriously believe the Mueller would let Barr cover up the real story?
The left’s theory is that Mueller concerned himself with laying out the evidence for Congress to run with. It’s a punt in a long game.

Meanwhile there are more games afoot.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Keating wrote: Didn't Mueller's office come out and explicitly say a story was false?
Sort of.

The report says that members of the Trump campaign did not coordinate directly with officials from the Russian government. We don't yet know what the report says about non-member agents working on orders from the Trump campaign (e.g. Stone, Corsi, etc.) coordinating with cutouts who were in turn working on behalf of the Russian disinfo campaign (e.g. Assange, IRA, etc.).