National identity overflow thread (inclusive of liberal worldview screeds)

Double wank and shit chips
free thoughtpolice

Re: National identity overflow thread (inclusive of liberal worldview screeds)

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive wrote:
Public sex education typically removes the interaction from a moral context.
They need to telling kids that wanking and (onanist) spilling your seed on the ground (evil gardening likely styxes gardening for the devil series) is bad and they will go to hell for masturbating.
If you are allowed to tell children that sexuality is natural and give them the facts, not this SJW transkids thing, but a sensible education.
The moral context is or should be taught, absolutely. Like don't make babies and neglect, mistreat , or abandon them if you are going to have sex.
Don't engage in sexual behavior on vulnerable or a non consensual subjects.
It doesn't seem that difficult.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

More like “I can’t stop you taking the car for a spin, it will (probably) be fun, it comes with risks, you may want to pace yourself and remember the correct/proper context is on the race track.”

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: More like “I can’t stop you taking the car for a spin, it will (probably) be fun, it comes with risks, you may want to pace yourself and remember the correct/proper context is on the race track.”
Right. Probably original sin instead of unhealthy traditions are the root of all our problems.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: More like “I can’t stop you taking the car for a spin, it will (probably) be fun, it comes with risks, you may want to pace yourself and remember the correct/proper context is on the race track.”
Right. Probably original sin instead of unhealthy traditions are the root of all our problems.
I suspect OS is a metaphor.

free thoughtpolice

Original Sin is not a "metaphor" for many christians today and through most of history hasn't been a metaphor but a remnant of some really primitive magic thinking that tells people they are born evil and need to supplicate to an invisible being in order to gain a positive gain in the afterlife instead of the hot lava and red devils with pitchforks.
The modernist types want to ignore the damage that malevolent fantasy has had on people over history and brush it off because it isn't taken seriously by the modern "real" christians.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I prefer Peterson's interpretation of Original Sin. It is the difference between humans and animals. Knowledge of the future and that actions in the present have an effect on the outcome is what condemns humans to work. If you don't work to improve your situation, you will have a poor, and probably short, life. That is what the fruit in the tree contained.

Animals can live in the moment, because they don't realise that their present actions could improve their situation, which is why your dog is content to sleep for hours and eat their poop. Humans are cursed with the knowledge that they aren't living up to their potential if they attempt to live in the same way. I would further say that 'mindfullness', of the kind Harris talks about, is all about reconciling this to ourselves and being able to live in the moment.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote: [Y]our dog is content to sleep for hours and eat their poop.
Purely heaven.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Original Sin is not a "metaphor" for many christians today and through most of history hasn't been a metaphor but a remnant of some really primitive magic thinking that tells people they are born evil and need to supplicate to an invisible being in order to gain a positive gain in the afterlife instead of the hot lava and red devils with pitchforks.
The modernist types want to ignore the damage that malevolent fantasy has had on people over history and brush it off because it isn't taken seriously by the modern "real" christians.
‘Original sin’ is a construct that represents our innate need for redemption to offset imperfection.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Faith is looking outstanding. More interestingly, she coins the phrase “Republican homo-heretics”.

:lol:

free thoughtpolice

Original sin is a construct created by power hungry preachers to pervert human's instinct of conscience to behave as a functional social animal and to weaponize their guilt in order to control them. Dogs may sleep a lot and eat their own poop but that in my opinion has fuck all to do with original sin or their capacity to feel guilt.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Faith is looking outstanding.
Faith? I though it was Blair White.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Original sin is a construct created by power hungry preachers to pervert human's instinct of conscience to behave as a functional social animal and to weaponize their guilt in order to control them. Dogs may sleep a lot and eat their own poop but that in my opinion has fuck all to do with original sin or their capacity to feel guilt.
https..://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy_1pjuVugA
That’s because dogs don’t have a soul to save.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Faith is looking outstanding.
Faith? I though it was Blair White.
Was it the light hair or the lack of cleavage that confused you?

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
That depends on your definition of soul.
Soul or psyche (Ancient Greek: ψυχή psūkhḗ, of ψύχειν psū́khein, "to breathe") are the mental abilities of a living being: reason, character, feeling, consciousness, memory, perception, thinking, etc. Depending on the philosophical system, a soul can either be mortal or immortal.[2] In Judeo-Christianity, only human beings have immortal souls (although immortality is disputed within Judaism and may have been influenced by Plato).[3] For example, the Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas attributed "soul" (anima) to all organisms but argued that only human souls are immortal.[4]
Do you believe in an immortal soul Brive? I have some suspicion that you are actually an undercover bible puncher.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
That depends on your definition of soul.
Soul or psyche (Ancient Greek: ψυχή psūkhḗ, of ψύχειν psū́khein, "to breathe") are the mental abilities of a living being: reason, character, feeling, consciousness, memory, perception, thinking, etc. Depending on the philosophical system, a soul can either be mortal or immortal.[2] In Judeo-Christianity, only human beings have immortal souls (although immortality is disputed within Judaism and may have been influenced by Plato).[3] For example, the Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas attributed "soul" (anima) to all organisms but argued that only human souls are immortal.[4]
Do you believe in an immortal soul Brive? I have some suspicion that you are actually an undercover bible puncher.
The Good Book appears ambivalent on the subject:
But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is your victory?

O death, where is your sting?”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.

57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I couldn't imagine a more pointless response.

But I tried my best.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
The Good Book appears ambivalent on the subject:
But what do you believe?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I do believe I don’t know. World views and logical structures to live by are infuriatingly abstract. And what happens when we die is a difficult proposition to test.

In fact, not being a scientist, means I take a lot of the secular quantum and macro universe largely on faith. If someone was to turn around and tell me that Newtonian physics breaks down at a certain point I’d have to just shrug. Strangely enough I don’t generally fret about missing dark matter, string theory or the multiverse. But they are interesting diversions.

On every eighth day I’m happy to accept (in principle) a benign religious structure consistent with my general outlook. I’ll let you know if the frequency changes. Without undue obsession, a certain cultural Christianity appears to have been an ingredient of traditional community.

Is that JP enough for you?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Is that JP enough for you?
Amazin'

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
I'm not sure what JP means, Justice of the Peace, Jewish Problem, Jesus Poop...?
At any rate it appears you sound like a bit of a lukewarm christian.
Sorry to hear you aren't going to heaven though, because as Jesus saithed in the Good Book:
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Liberating, indeed. Post-Rebel, Goldy pushed pseudoscientific claims popular on the alt-right about soybeans, saying: “Soy is giving you b*ch tits & Leftism. This isn’t a meme, it’s literally destroying us from within,” linking to an InfoWars video by Paul Joseph Watson professing “the truth” about “soy boys.” (Her tweet has since been deleted.) This was a progression from when, in 2014, she was promoting naturopathic cancer cures.

In December of 2017, Goldy turned the dial from 11 to 14, reciting the infamous “14 words” and, after much attention and criticism, doubling down with a proud lack of contrition for doing so. This got her banned from Patreon and PayPal, but not Twitter or YouTube.
Naturopathy, huh? Some people really don't choose their company very well, do they?

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Naturopathy, huh? Some people really don't choose their company very well, do they?
Well just because she is full of shit most of the time doesn't mean she isn't right on the rare occurrence.
To use a sifting metaphor, getting wisdom from Faith Goldy is like sifting through a bag of rat turds to find edible flour as opposed to getting a bag of reliably clean flour and sifting through it to make sure there are no rat turds.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Well just because she is full of shit most of the time doesn't mean she isn't right on the rare occurrence.
To use a sifting metaphor, getting wisdom from Faith Goldy is like sifting through a bag of rat turds to find edible flour as opposed to getting a bag of reliably clean flour and sifting through it to make sure there are no rat turds.
I always find it strange that some people decry globalism and proclaim American exceptionalism and they're from Canada, or PJW from Britain. The same people screaming for border control went all moany when Faith couldn't get into Australia. It's a weird world.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I'm not sure what JP means, Justice of the Peace, Jewish Problem, Jesus Poop...?
From the context - it's pretty obvious JP = Jordan Peterson.

What sort of a Canadian are you?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: ... when Faith couldn't get into Australia. It's a weird world.
Link please.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https...://mobile.twitter.com/BulwarkOnline/status/1104087414228873216
Liberating, indeed. Post-Rebel, Goldy pushed pseudoscientific claims popular on the alt-right about soybeans, saying: “Soy is giving you b*ch tits & Leftism. This isn’t a meme, it’s literally destroying us from within,” linking to an InfoWars video by Paul Joseph Watson professing “the truth” about “soy boys.” (Her tweet has since been deleted.) This was a progression from when, in 2014, she was promoting naturopathic cancer cures.

In December of 2017, Goldy turned the dial from 11 to 14, reciting the infamous “14 words” and, after much attention and criticism, doubling down with a proud lack of contrition for doing so. This got her banned from Patreon and PayPal, but not Twitter or YouTube.
Weird things happen when your mum is dying from cancer.
When Faith's Mom was first diagnosed a panel of seven Doctors looked at her. The majority, four of them, recommended no chemo. Julia was only given a few weeks to a few months to live when she was first diagnosed. That was about five and a half years ago! She did two rounds of chemo., and lost about 30 pounds. She stopped the chemo. since the side effects were so brutal. Faith said, "We were left with nothing but the Bible, God's word."

Faith also said her Mom has changed her diet. "She's certainly gone much more alkaline... as much organic as possible."

Knowing the context of FG singular use of the 14 words, I find the way it’s reported (and uncritically consumed) to be a useful ideological litmus test for the shrill left.

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: I'm not sure what JP means, Justice of the Peace, Jewish Problem, Jesus Poop...?
From the context - it's pretty obvious JP = Jordan Peterson.

What sort of a Canadian are you?
There are 2 types of Canadians. Those from the Center of the Universe (Toronto) and those from the ROC (rest of Canada).
As an ROCer I tend to not fall head over heels worshipping the Toronto crowd like Faith Goldy and Jordan Peterson. In fact I've never even listened to any stuff from famous Toronto rappist Drake. Also I cringe everytime a CBC torontocentric media douche squeals with glee everytime "Toronto's own megastar" Drake gives a shout out to TO. :puke-front:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: https...://mobile.twitter.com/BulwarkOnline/status/1104087414228873216

When Faith's Mom was first diagnosed a panel of seven Doctors looked at her. The majority, four of them, recommended no chemo. Julia was only given a few weeks to a few months to live when she was first diagnosed. That was about five and a half years ago! She did two rounds of chemo., and lost about 30 pounds. She stopped the chemo. since the side effects were so brutal. Faith said, "We were left with nothing but the Bible, God's word."

Faith also said her Mom has changed her diet. "She's certainly gone much more alkaline... as much organic as possible."

Knowing the context of FG singular use of the 14 words, I find the way it’s reported (and uncritically consumed) to be a useful ideological litmus test for the shrill left.
We face an even more complicated challenge today: not merely resisting the pressures of the Left, but also a conservative movement that is being driven by grifters and mountebanks into a dark hole of nativism, protectionism, isolationism, and fabulism.

The Bulwark will stand in the breach and shout, “You can’t be serious?”

As much of the Right descends into sophism and trollery, we will be a forum for rational, principled, fact-based conservative commentary.
https://thebulwark.com/about-us/

CaptainFluffyBunny

I always get these grifters confused. Southern, Faith, Petiteboner. Principal of screeching still holds.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
My mother died prematurely because the alt medical natural supplement crowd talked her out of taking her prescribed medicine.
I won't get in too much detail about how much I despise the grifters that peddle that shit to the gullible like PJ Watson, Alex Jones, and apparently now also Faith Goldy and just say that I don't think highly of them.
Goldy has complained and snivelled about how the Canadian medical system failed her mother. Interesting now to hear that she has been an anti-scientific medicine type for some time. It wouldn't surprise me if the stupid cunt helped her mother into a premature grave by sharing that sort of stupidity with her.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

When will we seen an end to this 'Nadian on 'Nadian aggression.

CaptainFluffyBunny

My mother died prematurely because the alt medical natural supplement crowd talked her out of taking her prescribed medicine.
I won't get in too much detail about how much I despise the grifters that peddle that shit to the gullible like PJ Watson, Alex Jones, and apparently now also Faith Goldy and just say that I don't think highly of them.
Goldy has complained and snivelled about how the Canadian medical system failed her mother. Interesting now to hear that she has been an anti-scientific medicine type for some time. It wouldn't surprise me if the stupid cunt helped her mother into a premature grave by sharing that sort of stupidity with her.
Sorry about your mom. Anti-vax idiots like Trump are responsible for death and misery, and the slime of people peddling false hope "alt-medicine" should have been apparent when Steve Jobs died, but the grift goes on. Not one of these cunts have walked back their comments, let alone apologized. I've stopped associating with a friend who is anti-vax, not because I'm intolerant, but because there's a measles outbreak here. Not surprisingly, you find them on the far-right and far-left. But they're totes different because they like a different kind of authoritarianism and differing woo.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote: When will we seen an end to this 'Nadian on 'Nadian aggression.
When Quebec is finally free! Insert moose GIF.

free thoughtpolice

Not until the Torontards stop it with their smug self importance. In other word, never.
On the bright side it has been going on for a long time and nobody has so far been bustin a cap up someone's ass because of it.

free thoughtpolice

When Quebec is finally free! Insert moose GIF.
:lol: The truth is that disgust with Toronto has been the one unifying theme between Quebec and the rest of the rest of Canada. It has been said that it could be some of strongest glue that holds our country together.
Also should be a GIF of a beaver fight. :drool:

CaptainFluffyBunny

I'm reminded of the words of perhaps the greatest Canadian, and a personal hero of mine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sorry about your mom. Anti-vax idiots like Trump are responsible for death and misery, and the slime of people peddling false hope "alt-medicine" should have been apparent when Steve Jobs died, but the grift goes on. Not one of these cunts have walked back their comments, let alone apologized. I've stopped associating with a friend who is anti-vax, not because I'm intolerant, but because there's a measles outbreak here. Not surprisingly, you find them on the far-right and far-left. But they're totes different because they like a different kind of authoritarianism and differing woo.
My father died relatively young (69), in pain and crippled after undergoing a pointless exercise to rebuild his spine - when I later found the doctors knew he wasn’t responding to his cancer treatment. Anecdotes. How do they work.

Goldy’s mother did the chemo despite the advice of her doctors. Go figure. At some point you all really should be ashamed (on a character) level making this shit up. Alternatively, post evidence Faith was (and is) anti medicine and that she tried to stop her mother receiving the conventional treatments.

Just tell me you have more than this bullet point from a hater website:

After her mother’s 2014 death from cancer, Ms. Goldy made a video promoting the use of a Hungarian naturopathic cream for the disease.

vs
I’d probably chase chooks at that point too.

CaptainFluffyBunny

So, she still promoted naturopathy and prayer, but we absolutely should believe her anecdote (anecdotes, how do they work?) that prayer and naturopathy kept her mom alive for five years. Even though FtP's anecdote about his mom had nothing to do with our point about Faith and naturopathy, just you inferred it did. Nothing was mentioned about Faith's mom stopping treatment or any such thing. So what aspersions did we cast upon her?

I'm an idiot to respond to you. All you do is look for any angle to attack or deflect.

free thoughtpolice

Brive:

Have you considered that the Goldy family "Faith" may have may have tried to pray away the painful lumps when they may have treatable when they should have been encouraging or at least cooperating with more capable people?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive:

Have you considered that the Goldy family "Faith" may have may have tried to pray away the painful lumps when they may have treatable when they should have been encouraging or at least cooperating with more capable people?
Based on the available evidence, unlikely. Did you read their account? They did chemo (against doctors advice) until it was unbearable. They won the Steve Novella medal for obstinate adherence to conventialonal medicine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: So, she still promoted naturopathy and prayer, but we absolutely should believe her anecdote (anecdotes, how do they work?) that prayer and naturopathy kept her mom alive for five years. Even though FtP's anecdote about his mom had nothing to do with our point about Faith and naturopathy, just you inferred it did. Nothing was mentioned about Faith's mom stopping treatment or any such thing. So what aspersions did we cast upon her?

I'm an idiot to respond to you. All you do is look for any angle to attack or deflect.
Ohhhh. No commiserations for my dad? Stirling character sir.

I didn’t see anyone directly making a prayer claim. You appear to be joining the dots between: 1. the undesired necessity of the Goldy family discontinuing conventional treatment. 2. Having nothing to fall back on but their faith and 3. the fact the diagnoses was out by a factor of ten.

How often did Faith advertise the cream? Was she contracted on Rebel to do their adverts? Has this pattern of behaviour continued outside that employment? What direct relevance does any of this have to her specific demographic arguments?

Or are you just parroting hit pieces because you are a liberal analog of the SJW zealots we used to abhor?

CaptainFluffyBunny

You're right, Brive. It must have been Jesus and naturopathy that gave her mom a longer lease on life.

CaptainFluffyBunny

To be honest, I have not a care in the world about the discontinuation of conventional treatment. Adults can make their own choices. I care that her believing in prayer and naturopathy is a sign that this chick might be dumber than a sack of hammers. Desperation isn't a gimmie for letting your critical faculties go to pot. Lots of people get very desperate without resorting to voodoo.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You're right, Brive. It must have been Jesus and naturopathy that gave her mom a longer lease on life.
You are confusing.

So 5 years ago, while under an employment contract, she did woo adverts. Something she has chosen not to do since while on her own time.

Meanwhile, her family decided to embark on aggressive conventional cancer therapy, beyond their doctors recommendation.
While also seeking religious solace.

And these two nothingburgers equate to a gotcha.

This is reminiscent of HJ on JREF on Stollie. He too was ideologically bound to a narrative unsupported by the evidence. So constrained, he wasn’t free to apply a flexible offence. And consequently he came across as a crank.

Or, to use a sporting comparison, playing the man and not the ball. A sign of a weak team.

How about you use these spare cycles to attack the demographic premise she built out of Statistics Canada. That would at least be useful.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: I do believe I don’t know. World views and logical structures to live by are infuriatingly abstract. And what happens when we die is a difficult proposition to test.

In fact, not being a scientist, means I take a lot of the secular quantum and macro universe largely on faith. If someone was to turn around and tell me that Newtonian physics breaks down at a certain point I’d have to just shrug. Strangely enough I don’t generally fret about missing dark matter, string theory or the multiverse. But they are interesting diversions.

On every eighth day I’m happy to accept (in principle) a benign religious structure consistent with my general outlook. I’ll let you know if the frequency changes. Without undue obsession, a certain cultural Christianity appears to have been an ingredient of traditional community.

I should let this go, I really should...
What happens after we die is well understood. Our thinky bits, our brain, stops functioning. This holds all our sense of self, etc. Then "we" cease to exist as an entity, we die. Then we rot, or get stuffed full of sawdust and chemicals and buried, or we're burned up into gritty ash. There isn't anything else, because everything else is wishful thinking born of the egotism that we're just too fucking precious for the universe to let go. We're not. Just a bunch of primates that evolved the ability to manipulate the environment. The universe doesn't care about us a whit, if it's even sentient as we know it, which I doubt. The idea that there's anything like the christian god is pretty laughable, even if you pretty it up with PoMo metaphors that really reduce religion to a bunch of deepity feels. It may be homey and comfortable, but it's all lies.

Hope that helps.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You're right, Brive. It must have been Jesus and naturopathy that gave her mom a longer lease on life.
You are confusing.

So 5 years ago, while under an employment contract, she did woo adverts. Something she has chosen not to do since while on her own time.

Meanwhile, her family decided to embark on aggressive conventional cancer therapy, beyond their doctors recommendation.

This is reminiscent of HJ on JREF on Stollie. He too was ideologically bound to a narrative unsupported by the evidence. So constrained, he wasn’t free to apply a flexible offence. And consequently he came across as a crank.

Or, to use a sporting comparison, playing the man and not the ball. A sign of a weak team.

How about you use these spare cycles to attack the demographic premise she built out of Statistics Canada. That would at least be useful.
It's the belief, Brive. The belief that either prayer or naturopathy would do shit. That is some deeply crap thinking. Regardless of the circumstances.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I should let this go, I really should...
What happens after we die is well understood. Our thinky bits, our brain, stops functioning. This holds all our sense of self, etc. Then "we" cease to exist as an entity, we die. Then we rot, or get stuffed full of sawdust and chemicals and buried, or we're burned up into gritty ash. There isn't anything else, because everything else is wishful thinking born of the egotism that we're just too fucking precious for the universe to let go. We're not. Just a bunch of primates that evolved the ability to manipulate the environment. The universe doesn't care about us a whit, if it's even sentient as we know it, which I doubt. The idea that there's anything like the christian god is pretty laughable, even if you pretty it up with PoMo metaphors that really reduce religion to a bunch of deepity feels. It may be homey and comfortable, but it's all lies.

Hope that helps.
Your words sound harsh at first glance, and my reply is in all likelihood completely out of context. Not least because I am not familiar with, nor am I interested in finding out about FG's opinions on this subject.

But they are refreshing in their honesty and clarity. And give a sense of grounding (perhaps almost...literally) and perspective (like encountering a signpost map on the street with a big arrow labelled 'You Are Here'). Which helps us (or at least me) appreciate what we have here. Like the sparrow flying through the mead hall in the night.

Or, to put it more succinctly, yes I do think it helps.

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
That really sounds like bullshit. More likely she was told chemo had a low chance of success and she was given the choice to pursue it regardless.
Faith loves to tell phony stories that have a bit of truth to them but are largely made up for dramatic effect. Like the time she had to stop her car and open the trunk so the antifa goons couldn't get her license# and find out where she lived, then race off in fear. Or when she said illegal border crossers were being "resettled" when they were being moved to old army barracks to wait for court hearings.
So you are saying she was only peddling snake oil because she was under contract (getting paid for it). She only lied because her boss forced her to?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

FTP: Short of ringing her up, I’m establishing facts. She did the adverts while in an employment context. Outside that context, she hasn’t done adverts. The former environment was 5 years ago.

The evidence we have is that 4 of 7 doctors recommended against chemo, yet the family proceeded anyway. Feel free to ignore that information and insert your own reality.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: I do believe I don’t know. World views and logical structures to live by are infuriatingly abstract. And what happens when we die is a difficult proposition to test.

I should let this go, I really should...

Hope that helps.
Well that’s a metaphysical model. One of many people use to construct meaning. And a nice summation of physical biology.

Whatever happened to NOMA?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
You are confusing.

It's the belief, Brive. The belief that either prayer or naturopathy would do shit. That is some deeply crap thinking. Regardless of the circumstances.
You can’t wear the liberal-humanist badge and write off everyone who is religious or who grasped at straws as loved ones died. Or those who buy their multivitamins. Or ... Leveraging this to mock Faith so as to delegitimise her POV is deeply troubling.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ah, scissoring.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I'm reminded of the words of perhaps the greatest Canadian, and a personal hero of mine.
Is pulling for someone the same as rooting for someone?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/69d7ef4 ... id=5500109

free thoughtpolice

Two versions of the story, one by Goldy and one by an ex friend. I know that Goldy has lied publicly and that she is a grifter so I don't automatically believe her version. The second version is a lot different from her account. I would require other evidence, from a trustworthy source to believe either account. Is their a clip of Goldy saying that money that should have been spent on her mother's treatment that had been diverted to the "holocaust" of unborn children? If so I would call bullshit on Goldy's version and tend to believe her ex-friend.
The evidence we have is that 4 of 7 doctors recommended against chemo, yet the family proceeded anyway. Feel free to ignore that information and insert your own reality.
Right after high school, Faith’s mother, Julia, was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, and Faith found comfort in God. The family rejected traditional medicine and tried to treat her with prayer and natural healing. When Julia outlived her prognosis by six years, Faith credited it in part to God’s intervention. She also reasoned that taxpayer money that could have been going to her mom’s cancer treatment had been diverted to the “holocaust” of unborn children

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
You are confusing.

You can’t wear the liberal-humanist badge and write off everyone who is religious or who grasped at straws as loved ones died. Or those who buy their multivitamins. Or ... Leveraging this to mock Faith so as to delegitimise her POV is deeply troubling.
Was I wearing that badge? I thought it was sent out for repairs. It's not deeply troubling. Were it somebody you disagreed with, you'd easily see that. I don't "write people off" and I express all the proper and necessary empathy and manners in person. But if somebody attributes their mother's survival to prayer and naturopathy, or voodoo and homeopathy or any number of batshit crazy beliefs, you best be sure I'm going to question their judgement. It isn't that hard (that's what she said.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“From a friend”. For fucks sake. This was a very recent post-election hit piece.

But anyways.

For the counter view. This is an article that should reek of counter scientific religious woo. Note, the article (and Faith’s input) is completely divorced from any ‘culture war/SJW context. It dates to 2013. It’s looking at religion and cancer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/facing-c ... _n_3985353

Here we find the input around the doctors recommendations, the family’s efforts to conventionally address the situation, the fall back on religion as all other options fell away and a reference to an organic diet.

It is blatantly obvious that Goldy went hardcore Catholic after her mother died. Which is a sad but understandable reaction to tragedy. Here she describes herself (2013) as a Christmas / Easter Christian.

So. You can take your hypothesis that mad-Christian Goldy went alternative with her mum’s treatment and box it up.

Your hit peace is clearly out of sync with contemporary evidence (ie the friend is full of bullshit). My counter evidence is pre the political shit-pen and it should be fully religious woo (but isn’t).

Meh.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
You are confusing.

Was I wearing that badge? I thought it was sent out for repairs. It's not deeply troubling. Were it somebody you disagreed with, you'd easily see that. I don't "write people off" and I express all the proper and necessary empathy and manners in person. But if somebody attributes their mother's survival to prayer and naturopathy, or voodoo and homeopathy or any number of batshit crazy beliefs, you best be sure I'm going to question their judgement. It isn't that hard (that's what she said.)
I don’t doubt you have legit sources for all these “batshit crazy beliefs”. But help me out. There is the Bulwark hit piece that said:
This was a progression from when, in 2014, she was promoting naturopathic cancer cures.
The link takes me to the Denise hit piece that said (with a decontextualised wink):
.. last name used to be Goldy-Bazos. After her mother’s 2014 death from cancer, Ms. Goldy made a video promoting the use of a Hungarian naturopathic cream for the disease.
Then we have FTP’s link to the Anna Silman hit piece and a quote that doesn’t mention alt-med and makes a claim contradicted by more neutral and contemporary evidence.

Was this the basis for your criticism? If so, I hope this makes you want to take a mental shower.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nb the “natural healing” line in the Silkan abortion of an article is consistent with the “organic diet” Goldy mentioned in 2013 Silman conveniently omits the vital context around the efforts to embrace conventional treatments.

Regardless of what you think of FG, jumping into the same headspace as these SJ assassins is a terrible look.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Ah, scissoring.
That's not scissoring - THIS is scissoring.