The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
Brive1987

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I can’t really do more than that.
I clicked on the link and there was no sound. I already told you that. If he was OK when taken in context why did he memoryhole the original video?
I haven’t asked him. But I’d assume because he no longer stood by parts of his analysis and saw it being leveraged without restraint or consideration of revision. It’s clearly a toxic subject to broach.

In the full video, the guy was clearly trying to work out the degree to which Jewish propaganda had impacted analysis of an event he considered to be fact. Albeit fact operating within ill defined boundaries. He acknowledged millions of deaths. But it was historical amateur hour.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive wrote:
I haven’t asked him. But I’d assume because he no longer stood by parts of his analysis and saw it being leveraged without restraint or consideration of revision. It’s clearly a toxic subject to broach.

In the full video, the guy was clearly trying to work out the degree to which Jewish propaganda had impacted analysis of an event he considered to be fact. Albeit fact operating within ill defined boundaries. He acknowledged millions of deaths. But it was historical amateur hour.
He memoryholed it because people got on his case and showed how monumentally stupid that video was. Why should his critics show restraint for shooting down something that poorly researched? Or for that matter considering his revision* later, especially when he has apparently never came out and admit he was wrong but like a coward try to hide what he said and make it look like he never really actually believed what he said.
Tarl Warwick (Shirtless Jesus) is just another goofy youtube conspiracy monger that much, if not most of the time pulls stuff out of his ass or passes on crap from some other kook.
*revision is an interesting choice of words :P

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

He memoryholed it because
IfnInhad know you had first hand info I wouldn’t have attempted an informed speculation.

We have seemed to have. Moved from denialism to stupidity. That’s progress.

The video wasn’t monumentally stupid. He raised valid points about the propaganda usage of the holocaust and the complex dynamics of the overall destruction. He acknowledged its historical reality.

He didn’t have the historical chops to hold it altogether. Given the chum nature of the topic to the left, pulling it and maintaining a consistent blanket denial of denialism was prudent.

All this happened years ago. His track record demonstrates he is neither a denialist nor a anti Semite. He at least has moved on.

Which brings us full circle, the AOC take down was incontrovertibly correct and entertaining.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/07/poli ... index.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I cracked my iPad screen. It appears my already random scratching are now further possessed.

free thoughtpolice

Given the chum nature of the topic to the left, pulling it and maintaining a consistent blanket denial of denialism was prudent.
The left made him not own up to his mistakes/dishonesty. But then again, the left made Brievek go crazy and murder a bunch of libtards. Is there any irrational behavior that rightwing crackpots do that isn't provoked by liberals?
After all, didn't you say that Tarl was provoked into making stupid revisionist claims to answer the stupid revisionist claims that the Jews were making to get victim points?

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
Which brings us full circle, the AOC take down was incontrovertibly correct and entertaining.
I guess even Tarl gets it right occasionally. Your link shows that Pelosi doesn't like AOC and it wouldn't surprise me that most of the centrist establishment of the Dems view her as a nightmare.
I wouldn't want to give him too much credit though, she is an easy target, one of the goofy SJW types in the party.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
I guess even Tarl gets it right occasionally. Your link shows that Pelosi doesn't like AOC and it wouldn't surprise me that most of the centrist establishment of the Dems view her as a nightmare.
I wouldn't want to give him too much credit though, she is an easy target, one of the goofy SJW types in the party.
Styx’s required glee at the widespread approval of trans-Atlantic rail bridges and the elimination of cars within 11 years is one thing.

Of more importance is his interesting point re the implication of the millennial SJ new guard smacking into the Neo-liberal establishment. This was nascent in 2016 but AOC and the radicalisation of the establishment left are interesting inputs for 2020 and 2021.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ has (predictably) come out with a deck of ‘get out of jail free’ cards for the Virginia (D)s
So now one question is whether they deserve any kind of censure now, 30 or 40 years after the fact. Sure, this was openly racist crap, but hey, 1) it was an earlier time, that was the zeitgeist, you can’t blame the kids for going with the flow, and 2) it was so long ago that they’ve outgrown those attitudes and are now committed to egalitarianism, so don’t hold the person’s past against them, ask what they’re doing now.
:lol: :lol:
PZ is a hypocritical cunt because isn't so charitable to people he dislikes, who are forever tainted by any past wrongdoing, real or perceived. But BY ITSELF his argument isn't 100% wrong. I'm pretty sure lots of people did what Northam did back in the day, not all of them are KKK members or Richard Spencer fans.

The problem is that Northam was dumb enough to try to a) hide the truth and b) weasel out of it by several levels of denial. If he had admitted immediately that it was his fault, that he had been an idiot, and apologized clearly, he might have not been subjected to so much backlash. Although the Democratic party today is on a "zero tolerance" policy which means he'd probably be toast anyway. And, as I said, the GOP knows this and they're going to exploit this to the fullest. The Franken case was already a Democratic purity test that the Republicans used to sink the career of a political rival.

All in all the SocJus standards are noose around the neck of the Democratic Party, and the GOP is more than happy to kick the chair under their feet. If someone thought that the GOP was going to reduce the power of the Social Justice crowd they'll be sorely mistaken. They feed their outrage campaigns when it's a Democrat falling prey to the purity frenzy.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: PZ has (predictably) come out with a deck of ‘get out of jail free’ cards for the Virginia (D)s
So now one question is whether they deserve any kind of censure now, 30 or 40 years after the fact. Sure, this was openly racist crap, but hey, 1) it was an earlier time, that was the zeitgeist, you can’t blame the kids for going with the flow, and 2) it was so long ago that they’ve outgrown those attitudes and are now committed to egalitarianism, so don’t hold the person’s past against them, ask what they’re doing now.
:lol: :lol:
PZ is a hypocritical cunt because isn't so charitable to people he dislikes, who are forever tainted by any past wrongdoing, real or perceived. But BY ITSELF his argument isn't 100% wrong. I'm pretty sure lots of people did what Northam did back in the day, not all of them are KKK members or Richard Spencer fans.

The problem is that Northam was dumb enough to try to a) hide the truth and b) weasel out of it by several levels of denial. If he had admitted immediately that it was his fault, that he had been an idiot, and apologized clearly, he might have not been subjected to so much backlash. Although the Democratic party today is on a "zero tolerance" policy which means he'd probably be toast anyway. And, as I said, the GOP knows this and they're going to exploit this to the fullest. The Franken case was already a Democratic purity test that the Republicans used to sink the career of a political rival.

All in all the SocJus standards are noose around the neck of the Democratic Party, and the GOP is more than happy to kick the chair under their feet. If someone thought that the GOP was going to reduce the power of the Social Justice crowd they'll be sorely mistaken. They feed their outrage campaigns when it's a Democrat falling prey to the purity frenzy.
I saw AOC on Chuck Todd explaining her angle on Northram and ID political outrages, and she said something about how his photo was too far over the line to ever be forgiven, but if he had worn an "incorrect Halloween costume", owned it up front and used it to model his "evolution on race" it might have been OK. They also had a discussion about whether Warren was engaging in "cultural appropriation" and AOC seemed to think she needs to go through some kind of process of attonement, for thinking she had more native American blood than she does.

AOC isn't all bad - I like the general concept of a "green new deal" for instance (if not the actual framework published by her, which apparently calls for "racial equity"). But she is exactly the kind of Democrat who I'm worried will take over the party. She seems like a complete SJW, and I haven't felt any other congress people were that way until this point.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Nutpicking. That's like saying all Republicans should support Infowars-style antivax claims. The vast majority of Democrat leaders are wishing AOC would just STFU. She's providing fodder for idiots that think either party is a monolith.

free thoughtpolice

Now we know why Anglicans why Anglicans worship the Orangeutan. His glowcomes from God.
https://bizstandardnews.com/2019/02/07/ ... rough-him/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:06 pm
Brive1987 wrote: https..://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1094375749279248385?s=21
Nutpicking. That's like saying all Republicans should support Infowars-style antivax claims. The vast majority of Democrat leaders are wishing AOC would just STFU. She's providing fodder for idiots that think either party is a monolith.
At least six senators running for president or considering White House bids backed the Green New Deal put forth by freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York and veteran Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Anglican? Denominational confusion is rife in BC.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Now we know why Anglicans some crazy American evangelicals worship the Orangeutan. His glowcomes from God.
https://bizstandardnews.com/2019/02/07/ ... rough-him/
Ho hum.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:nin:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The broken clock gets it right for the third time in a day.

free thoughtpolice

Not all Anglicans. Southern Anglicans or Baptists, or the next big phase will be intersectional Gnostics.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“do you think you can control them”
“Congresswoman Omar's use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel's supporters is deeply offensive," Pelosi said in a statement issued by her office and signed by other Democratic leaders after a bipartisan backlash against the Minnesota Democrat.

"We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologise for these hurtful comments."

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: “do you think you can control them”
“Congresswoman Omar's use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel's supporters is deeply offensive," Pelosi said in a statement issued by her office and signed by other Democratic leaders after a bipartisan backlash against the Minnesota Democrat.

"We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologise for these hurtful comments."
There are only two Muslim congresspersons (one from Detroit). They have both already totally stepped in doo doo over their anti-Semitism. Very fun to watch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Two complaints of antisemitism a day against the Labour party in the UK: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47203397

Must be da Jooz behind it all.

John D

Post by John D »

Let the memes begin... haha. Damn stuff is funny.
2-11-2019 5-12-46 PM.jpg
(63.88 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Democratic lawmaker Ilhan Omar apologised on Monday after party leaders condemned her use of "anti-Semitic tropes" in suggesting that US congressional support for Israel is a result of campaign donations.

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar, who was elected for the first time to the US House of Representatives in November, said in a statement.
A literal Hitler (d)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Democratic lawmaker Ilhan Omar apologised on Monday after party leaders condemned her use of "anti-Semitic tropes" in suggesting that US congressional support for Israel is a result of campaign donations.

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar, who was elected for the first time to the US House of Representatives in November, said in a statement.
A literal Hitler (d)
Omar is simply using the same rhetoric trick/conspiracy theory that is incredibly common in muslim communities, namely that the US are controlled by the Jews and that's why they support Israel. Muslim anti-semitism is very common, even in forms far more extreme than this.

It's the same reason why in the UK some parts of the Labour party are getting complaints over anti-semitism. It's appeasement towards the muslim community, the same thing as having political meetings segregated by sex.

Political islam is a very reactionary movement, and very close to the far right. It's only because of tribalism that the European far-righters are anti-islam, and only because of the SocJus that the left is in love with hijabs and imams. Indeed some far-righters, like Mike Cernovich, are becoming sympathetic towards islam:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Political islam is a very reactionary movement, and very close to the far right.

I think you slipped a little bit of bullshit in there.

In their use of rifles, the Hornsby Sporting Shooter Club closely resembles the US Marine Corps.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Political islam is a very reactionary movement, and very close to the far right.

I think you slipped a little bit of bullshit in there.

In their use of rifles, the Hornsby Sporting Shooter Club closely resembles the US Marine Corps.
Political islam is about defending islamic traditions, it's against women's rights, against LGBT rights, it's full of anti-semitism, and it preaches a social renovation through the destruction of modernity and liberal democracy and the establishment of an authoritarian regime.

The far-right is about defending "Western"/Christian traditions, it's against women's rights, against LGBT rights, it's full of anti-semitism, and it preaches a social renovation through the destruction of modernity and liberal democracy and the establishment of an authoritarian regime.

Indeed there's a consistent faction of the alt-right/Trad Con circles that preaches "White Sharia" as the solution to their woes. :twatson:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is some sort of mutant horseshoe theory?

A nun’s habit is just like a hijab

RC = Islam.
Where valid reasons of their apostolate call for it, Religious, in conformity with the norms of their Institute, may also dress in a simple and modest manner, with an appropriate symbol, in such a way that their consecration is recognizable.

Institutes which from their origin or by provision of their Constitutions do not have a specific habit should ensure that the dress of their members corresponds in dignity and simplicity to the nature of their vocation.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This animal has four legs, a snout and sharp teeth.

Just like a Samoyed ......

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: This is some sort of mutant horseshoe theory?

A nun’s habit is just like a hijab

RC = Islam.
Where valid reasons of their apostolate call for it, Religious, in conformity with the norms of their Institute, may also dress in a simple and modest manner, with an appropriate symbol, in such a way that their consecration is recognizable.

Institutes which from their origin or by provision of their Constitutions do not have a specific habit should ensure that the dress of their members corresponds in dignity and simplicity to the nature of their vocation.
It's the same principle, the idea that women's hair are "immodest".

The difference is that you're not forced to be a nun, while pretty often you're forced to wear a hijab.

If a woman WANTS to cover her hair, for whatever reason, I'm not going to gorce her not to. Even if the reason is religious bullshit about how women's hair are "immodest".

This doesn't mean I'm going to accept that religious reasons for head covering make any sense.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh I’m sorry. I thought we were drawing superficial similarities to argue for fundamental alignment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh I’m sorry. I thought we were drawing superficial similarities to argue for fundamental alignment.
Principles and goals are not "superficial".

And I didn't say that political islam and the far-right are one and the same, but very close.

Which they are, in their support for traditions, hostility to modernity, anti-LGBT ideas, anti-Semitism, and ideals of a subservient, home-bound destiny for women.

If those are only "superficial" similarities, it's a pretty wide and deep surface that they share.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Are we still talking about Lana or have we segued to the Amish?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: This animal has four legs, a snout and sharp teeth.

It's a wolf, and given an unaltered Samoyed, they can happily reproduce. In fact, your dog has more DNA in common with that wolf than either does with a coyote. They are superficially different, but in fact have more in common than not. The dog simply has been bred to be accommodating to humans. Given a few generations or even the right stimulus, and it's back to wolf.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jesus makes far more compelling sense than the Democrats.

That’s weird.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It's a wolf, and given an unaltered Samoyed, they can happily reproduce. In fact, your dog has more DNA in common with that wolf than either does with a coyote. They are superficially different, but in fact have more in common than not. The dog simply has been bred to be accommodating to humans. Given a few generations or even the right stimulus, and it's back to wolf.
All humans are human regardless of faith or values. That’s a fundamental but superficial observation. Treating the apparent alignment of some traits as evidence of underlying ideological equivalency is not a clever approach.

The day my Snowflake is mistaken for nightmare-beast is the day I tell him that he’s changed and please “look at the flowers”.

http://i.imgur.com/u0YYYpp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xo9So8Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KzomcNK.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Yay for the party of fiscal responsibility! No way this will ever bite us in the ass. So much winning!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ive spotted 10 unique differences between these two campaign rally vids. Can you spot more? :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yay for the party of fiscal responsibility! No way this will ever bite us in the ass. So much winning!
I’d imagine it’s hard to slow down an engine in full flight. Especially given only two years, dysfunctional parties and broken mechanisms of state.

https://i0.wp.com/www.truthfulpolitics. ... jpg?zoom=2

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

All humans are human regardless of faith or values. That’s a fundamental but superficial observation. Treating the apparent alignment of some traits as evidence of underlying ideological equivalency is not a clever approach.

The day my Snowflake is mistaken for nightmare-beast is the day I tell him that he’s changed and please “look at the flowers”.

http://i.imgur.com/u0YYYpp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xo9So8Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KzomcNK.jpg
I see. Feelz before realz. Your beastie, under the right circumstances, will look very like ol' nightmare beast. Which really isn't that nightmarish anyway. You look and see something very different than I do. They are actually very similar. Were doggie's people to disappear for a few weeks, doggies left to fend for themselves, they'd be smaller versions of that beast.

If Australia had something happen similar to Syria, you'd see a similar response in the people. Your collective culture is a fragile thing, a superficial overlay on basic human nature. Your fellow Aussies are gladly willing to trade it for money, votes, power. Most of your fellow Aussies don't understand it, or even believe in it. In the end, there is human nature and some ideas that span time and cultures. Nothing else.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

I’d imagine it’s hard to slow down an engine in full flight. Especially given only two years, dysfunctional parties and broken mechanisms of state.

https://i0.wp.com/www.truthfulpolitics. ... jpg?zoom=2
Huh, look at the year that chart stops. The Republican/Trump tax cut is a nightmare. It was a wholly irresponsible pimp for billionaires and corporations. Which is all the professional modern right is anyway.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Omg

Twitter is censoring Mexican music :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/1EczKRh.jpg

Snowflakes indeed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

[img]https..://i0.wp.com/www.truthfulpolitics.com/images/us-fede ... jpg?zoom=2[/img]
Huh, look at the year that chart stops. The Republican/Trump tax cut is a nightmare. It was a wholly irresponsible pimp for billionaires and corporations. Which is all the professional modern right is anyway.
I can imagine where 22t is on the graph. I was simply providing the context and trend info which was missing in your tweet.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Omg

Twitter is censoring Mexican music :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/1EczKRh.jpg

Snowflakes indeed.

This the same crowd that chanted "Build the Wall," and when asked who would pay for it, replied ""Mexico!" LOL

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: growth-forecast-of-u-s-national-debt-in-relation-to-gdp-2.png
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice where the Y axis values start. :lol:

It’s also traditional to clearly label the point where guesstimates begin.

Here at least is something we can both agree on.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: growth-forecast-of-u-s-national-debt-in-relation-to-gdp-2.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That’s not a point we agree on. There are “ongoing enquiries” to complete and an electoral college mandate to exercise.

Luckily rejection of overt (as defined by Pelosi) antisemitism forms common ground between us. And common ground is always a good place to start.

Really, Trump is a master troll hoisting the fragile (D)s by their own petard. The Benjamin comment could just as easily have been interpreted as a reference to American aid to Israel. The new SJ infused Democrats naturally had to orientate around the Nazi alternative.

Northam is lucky the dems hit the bottom of the barrel and found a republican lurking, forcing a switch to pragmatic hypocrisy. Omar, by contrast, had to take her licks in true southern democrat fashion. :mrgreen:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

htt...ps://twitter.com/kwilli1046/status/1095151154424619010?s=21

[IMG]http...://i.imgur.com/u0YYYpp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http....://i.imgur.com/xo9So8Z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http...://i.imgur.com/KzomcNK.jpg[/IMG]
I see. Feelz before realz. Your beastie, under the right circumstances, will look very like ol' nightmare beast. Which really isn't that nightmarish anyway. You look and see something very different than I do. They are actually very similar. Were doggie's people to disappear for a few weeks, doggies left to fend for themselves, they'd be smaller versions of that beast.

If Australia had something happen similar to Syria, you'd see a similar response in the people. Your collective culture is a fragile thing, a superficial overlay on basic human nature. Your fellow Aussies are gladly willing to trade it for money, votes, power. Most of your fellow Aussies don't understand it, or even believe in it. In the end, there is human nature and some ideas that span time and cultures. Nothing else.
I’m not disputing Snowy could go feral. If he did it would be a significant change in character despite continuity of underlying canine-ness. He wouldn’t be Snowy. He would be Snow-master, bringer of death and destruction.

But we digress. Kirb’s knock you down point was “look Muslims and the alt-right share a belief in gender roles, neither don’t appreciate gays as anything but outliers, etc etc”. Therefore they are “very close”, tarred with the same brush. Almost indistinguishable on an ideological level.

This level of silliness was unexpected coming from a super intelligent PhD dude. I’m still recovering.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:

I’m not disputing Snowy could go feral. If he did it would be a significant change in character despite continuity of underlying canine-ness. He wouldn’t be Snowy. He would be Snow-master, bringer of death and destruction.

But we digress. Kirb’s knock you down point was “look Muslims and the alt-right share a belief in gender roles, neither don’t appreciate gays as anything but outliers, etc etc”. Therefore they are “very close”, tarred with the same brush. Almost indistinguishable on an ideological level.

This level of silliness was unexpected coming from a super intelligent PhD dude. I’m still recovering.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Her kiddie wall says:

“Ready to defund ICE and DCP”

She is an embarrassment, an enemy to her country. The antithesis of making America Great.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oops. CBP.

CBP Mission
To safeguard America’s borders thereby protecting the public from dangerous people and materials while enhancing the Nation’s global economic competitiveness by enabling legitimate trade and travel.

CBP Vision
To serve as the premier law enforcement agency enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity through collaboration, innovation, and integration.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

What exactly is so silly about reactionary projects being very close in terms of principles and goals?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

What exactly is so silly about reactionary projects being very close in terms of principles and goals?
Especially when I provided evidence that at least in some alt-right circles (Cernovich, the "White Sharia" meme, etc.) the reactionary messages of islam are appreciated and deemed valid.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:

Ilhan Omar is a preeining idiot who uses SocJus ideas to carry on her agenda. And yes, she pushes for the narrative that Jews control US politics.

She's not the only one though:
In 2015, Mr. Trump told members of the Republican Jewish Coalition: "You're not going to support me because I don't want your money. You want to control your politicians, that's fine"
Has Trump at least apologized for this zinger?

Glass houses, stones, etc.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The idea that money can be used to exercise political influence is not specifically anti-Semitic.

Another lame effort at false equivalency. It’s almost reactive now.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb, you won’t get it. But the RL differences between the alt right and traditional Islam are way more significant than apparent similarities of trope. “Tradition” does not have singular objective meaning. Nor does “gender roles” etc etc etc

For instance the fact both the US Marines and the Maori may possess similar martial qualities is a silly distraction from two distinct very groups.

Your sad effort of a “gotcha” comes at the cost of intellectual rigour.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb, you won’t get it. But the RL differences between the alt right and traditional Islam are way more significant than apparent similarities of trope. “Tradition” does not have singular objective meaning. Nor does “gender roles” etc etc etc

For instance the fact both the US Marines and the Maori may possess similar martial qualities is a silly distraction from two distinct very groups.

Your sad effort of a “gotcha” comes at the cost of intellectual rigour.
"My reactionary movement is better than yours"

There are differences, of course, but the anti-Enlightenment, antimodernity messages are very similar. Probably too similar for your comfort.