You is all a bunch of poofs!

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4466
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1081

Post by Service Dog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm

What color was the sea lion? :whistle:

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1082

Post by shoutinghorse » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 pm

No stopping her now.




(JRM has since declined her kind invitation)

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1083

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 pm

A reasonable take on the state of the Pit world today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/joe-hi ... e203baf862
Thus the new definition of proof in online debate is to say something untrue of a person and then when the person says it’s untrue cite that as proof of them saying it. It’s just like Monty Python’s “Jehovah” sketch from Life of Brian except without the intelligence or humour.

And then there is the third and laziest response, which is to simply ignore all facts both real and imagined and dismiss the argument based on the colour of the person making it. Thus whatever a white man says about history is inherently racist and wrong and if such an argument is championed by a brave indigenous woman like Jacinta Nampijinpa Price she is dismissed as a racist enabler.

And of course if you are accused of being a racist you cannot deny being a racist because racists don’t get to decide whether they are racist or not. This logic is straight from the Salem Witch Trials, although again without the intelligence or humour.
And of course if none of that works anyone the hard left disagrees is simply told to “shut the f*** up”.

And so this is the world we have become. A world where people comb through texts for something to be outraged about or try to force people to say things that they can be outraged about or just call people racist and then get outraged by how racist they are.

The facts don’t matter in public debate anymore. All that matters is whether something fits within a pre-constructed “correct” narrative; if not it is deemed offensive. If something upsets somebody then it cannot be true.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10278
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1084

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:36 pm

JohnD wrote:
The sea lions are protected and they are fuckers. Give it a few years and they will be a threat to safety.
The fuckers already are. There are a number of reports of them biting swimmers and people in kayaks. A little girl was dragged off of a wharf near Vancouver and into the water awhile ago but fortunately was rescued quickly and unhurt. A scuba diver was killed a hundred miles north of here by a large Stellers Sea lion that almost certainly wasn't even used to people.
I had a large male California Sea Lion chase me onto the beach when I was fishing out of a float tube a number of years ago. They are fucking vermin that numbers are getting out of control. Just from the damage they are doing to the local fish stocks is plenty reason to start culling them. :twisted:

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10278
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1085

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Service Dog wrote: What color was the sea lion? :whistle:
It was black! Are you saying it just wanted to piss on the dog? :drool:

d4m10n
.
.
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 am
Location: OKC
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1086

Post by d4m10n » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:48 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote: 7m40s Ocasio-Cortez claims to be descended from 'Native People'
It wouldn't surprise me if she was a mixture of Taino/Spanish like a pretty good proportion of people from Puerto Rico.
I'm ~%5 myself, and only one of my parents hails from the island.

Evidently the genotype lives on, despite wholesale cultural erasure.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6418
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1087

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Service Dog wrote: What color was the sea lion? :whistle:
Unknown, but sources report seeing a flash of red as it dived back under water, and hearing a lilting Gaelic voice on the wind.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1088

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Brive1987 wrote: A reasonable take on the state of the Pit world today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/joe-hi ... e203baf862
Thus the new definition of proof in online debate is to say something untrue of a person and then when the person says it’s untrue cite that as proof of them saying it. It’s just like Monty Python’s “Jehovah” sketch from Life of Brian except without the intelligence or humour.

And then there is the third and laziest response, which is to simply ignore all facts both real and imagined and dismiss the argument based on the colour of the person making it. Thus whatever a white man says about history is inherently racist and wrong and if such an argument is championed by a brave indigenous woman like Jacinta Nampijinpa Price she is dismissed as a racist enabler.

And of course if you are accused of being a racist you cannot deny being a racist because racists don’t get to decide whether they are racist or not. This logic is straight from the Salem Witch Trials, although again without the intelligence or humour.
And of course if none of that works anyone the hard left disagrees is simply told to “shut the f*** up”.

And so this is the world we have become. A world where people comb through texts for something to be outraged about or try to force people to say things that they can be outraged about or just call people racist and then get outraged by how racist they are.

The facts don’t matter in public debate anymore. All that matters is whether something fits within a pre-constructed “correct” narrative; if not it is deemed offensive. If something upsets somebody then it cannot be true.
A good piece by Joe.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1089

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 pm

d4m10n wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Service Dog wrote: 7m40s Ocasio-Cortez claims to be descended from 'Native People'
It wouldn't surprise me if she was a mixture of Taino/Spanish like a pretty good proportion of people from Puerto Rico.
I'm ~%5 myself, and only one of my parents hails from the island.

Evidently the genotype lives on, despite wholesale cultural erasure.
It's fascinating to contemplate (briefly, there are jobs to be done around the house) that we contain the genotypes of many erased cultures.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1090

Post by KiwiInOz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:58 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Service Dog wrote: What color was the sea lion? :whistle:
Unknown, but sources report seeing a flash of red as it dived back under water, and hearing a lilting Gaelic voice on the wind.
A well known selkie.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1091

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 pm


AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1092

Post by AndrewV69 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 pm

It is crazy town in ole Virginny right now:

Apparently this is where it started:



Something in the water?
'Tumultuous': Virginia politics in chaos amid Northam, Fairfax and Herring scandals
First, Gov. Ralph Northam admitted wearing blackface in the 1980s. Then, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax was accused of sexual assault, which he adamantly denies, stemming from a 2004 encounter. Finally, Attorney General Mark Herring admitted he, too, donned blackface in the 1980s.


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1094

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Index of Published Evidence on Mass Extermination in Auschwitz and Auschwitz-Birkenau

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... ce-on.html

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7009
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1095

Post by MarcusAu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 pm


Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1096

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Brive1987 wrote: A reasonable take on the state of the Pit world today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/joe-hi ... e203baf862
Thus the new definition of proof in online debate is to say something untrue of a person and then when the person says it’s untrue cite that as proof of them saying it. It’s just like Monty Python’s “Jehovah” sketch from Life of Brian except without the intelligence or humour.

And then there is the third and laziest response, which is to simply ignore all facts both real and imagined and dismiss the argument based on the colour of the person making it. Thus whatever a white man says about history is inherently racist and wrong and if such an argument is championed by a brave indigenous woman like Jacinta Nampijinpa Price she is dismissed as a racist enabler.

And of course if you are accused of being a racist you cannot deny being a racist because racists don’t get to decide whether they are racist or not. This logic is straight from the Salem Witch Trials, although again without the intelligence or humour.
And of course if none of that works anyone the hard left disagrees is simply told to “shut the f*** up”.

And so this is the world we have become. A world where people comb through texts for something to be outraged about or try to force people to say things that they can be outraged about or just call people racist and then get outraged by how racist they are.

The facts don’t matter in public debate anymore. All that matters is whether something fits within a pre-constructed “correct” narrative; if not it is deemed offensive. If something upsets somebody then it cannot be true.
This is true in online dogpiles. And it's something that all sides use, whenever it's convenient.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1097

Post by Brive1987 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:55 pm

I don’t.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1098

Post by Kirbmarc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 am

Brive1987 wrote: I don’t.
Are you sure about that?

But Kirb, you are indisputably a libtard while I meet no criteria for being a Nazi.

If the accusation of being a "libtard" is indisputable, does it mean that I don't get to deny being a "libtard"?

Again:
Kirb. Be honest.

Are you a “friendly fascist”?
A pretty tendentious question, especially since it came as an answer to an argument I had made about how flimsy is the case for considering fascism a "progressive movement".

And more:
Kirb’s Muslim whispering celebrates placing as many people from the bottom left into the top right.

A) because it’s a liberal aspiration to be “colour blind”

B) because he has a truck load of Two Treatises of Government and he gets 15% commission.

C) someone told him the self expression value is a constant and not a variable

http://i.imgur.com/NG3QtMP.jpg
Here you attribute to my "muslim whispering" that I want to place "as many people" from muslim-traditionalist countries into secular countries. Which is a straw man, or more charitable a huge exaggeration, that you use to dismiss my arguments.

Also you blame me and my "civic nationalism" for some SocJus ideas which I never endorsed, for example here
Oh look. An Asian Aussie Journo condescended to watch Crocodile Dundee only to be struck by its 1980s Anglo identity.

Thanks Kirb for civic nationalism.
And I could go on. Are you sure that this tactic of yours is very different from the tactics used by the Social Justice brigade?

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1896
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1099

Post by Keating » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:02 am

Oh good.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1100

Post by shoutinghorse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:23 am

Brive1987 wrote: A reasonable take on the state of the Pit world today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/joe-hi ... e203baf862
Thus the new definition of proof in online debate is to say something untrue of a person and then when the person says it’s untrue cite that as proof of them saying it. It’s just like Monty Python’s “Jehovah” sketch from Life of Brian except without the intelligence or humour.

And then there is the third and laziest response, which is to simply ignore all facts both real and imagined and dismiss the argument based on the colour of the person making it. Thus whatever a white man says about history is inherently racist and wrong and if such an argument is championed by a brave indigenous woman like Jacinta Nampijinpa Price she is dismissed as a racist enabler.

And of course if you are accused of being a racist you cannot deny being a racist because racists don’t get to decide whether they are racist or not. This logic is straight from the Salem Witch Trials, although again without the intelligence or humour.
And of course if none of that works anyone the hard left disagrees is simply told to “shut the f*** up”.

And so this is the world we have become. A world where people comb through texts for something to be outraged about or try to force people to say things that they can be outraged about or just call people racist and then get outraged by how racist they are.

The facts don’t matter in public debate anymore. All that matters is whether something fits within a pre-constructed “correct” narrative; if not it is deemed offensive. If something upsets somebody then it cannot be true.
Don't you remember? . Count Dankula's judge decided that context doesn't matter any more. So that's the end of the matter thankyou. :snooty:

You fucking Nazi (Kirb told me)

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1101

Post by shoutinghorse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:29 am

Menstruation emojis .. Of course. Why wouldn't there be? :clap:


screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1102

Post by screwtape » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:13 am

I was idly toying with the Globe & Mail's webpage this morning, and spotted a Margaret Wente headline that looked interesting, but it had the little key icon under it that signifies subscribers only. That itself is curious, as the G&M has tried to rid itself of her as she doesn't align with their politics in the required seamless fashion, so I assumed the article ("Can Canada Avoid a Populist Revolt?) was considered spicy enough to be worth hiding leaving the title as bait for potential subscribers.

Anyway, my point. Noticing the text briefly appears before being replaced with a demand for subscription payment, I thought I ought to be able to get at it. Eventually, I did. This is Firefox 65, with uBlock Origin set to allow 3rd party scripts on theglobeandmail.com. Click on the article, get a page with title and request for subscription. Click on the Reader view icon in the address bar, get a different version of the same page. Refresh - and there is the reader version of the article.
This doesn't work with Vivaldi (Chromium-based), and did work with Safari, and oddly enough, after doing it in Safari now all the subscriber pages just open without the above trick.

And after all that, here is the curious article:
► Show Spoiler

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6418
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1103

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:19 am

screwtape wrote: I was idly toying with the Globe & Mail's webpage this morning, and spotted a Margaret Wente headline that looked interesting, but it had the little key icon under it that signifies subscribers only. That itself is curious, as the G&M has tried to rid itself of her as she doesn't align with their politics in the required seamless fashion, so I assumed the article ("Can Canada Avoid a Populist Revolt?) was considered spicy enough to be worth hiding leaving the title as bait for potential subscribers.

Anyway, my point. Noticing the text briefly appears before being replaced with a demand for subscription payment, I thought I ought to be able to get at it. Eventually, I did. This is Firefox 65, with uBlock Origin set to allow 3rd party scripts on theglobeandmail.com. Click on the article, get a page with title and request for subscription. Click on the Reader view icon in the address bar, get a different version of the same page. Refresh - and there is the reader version of the article.
This doesn't work with Vivaldi (Chromium-based), and did work with Safari, and oddly enough, after doing it in Safari now all the subscriber pages just open without the above trick.

And after all that, here is the curious article:
► Show Spoiler
Another trick that can work in Firefox at least is to hit the Esc key before the subscription popup appears. Needs careful timing to get it after the text has loaded but before the popup, and doesn't work in all cases. Also, you can paste the URL into google and use the "view cached version" for some instances.

CommanderTuvok
.
.
Posts: 3718
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1104

Post by CommanderTuvok » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 am

Saw 'Alita' today. It's OK entertainment, but there was a trailer for 'Cold Pursuit' before it, and instead of a violent revenge film, it kinda looks a bit like a bad Coen Brothers film.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10278
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1105

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am

Hell hath no fury like an internet crackpot scorned. Alex Jones doesn't love Joe Rogan anymore and Jesus told him squash him like a Kraken would squash a puny sailor.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4524
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1106

Post by John D » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am

This is really good IMHO.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1107

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:58 am

screwtape wrote: Anyway, my point. Noticing the text briefly appears before being replaced with a demand for subscription payment, I thought I ought to be able to get at it. Eventually, I did. This is Firefox 65, with uBlock Origin set to allow 3rd party scripts on theglobeandmail.com. Click on the article, get a page with title and request for subscription. Click on the Reader view icon in the address bar, get a different version of the same page. Refresh - and there is the reader version of the article.
This doesn't work with Vivaldi (Chromium-based), and did work with Safari, and oddly enough, after doing it in Safari now all the subscriber pages just open without the above trick.
And, if you want to read a page that blocks ad-blockers, hit whatever your 'cancel page load' key combo is (CMD-. on my mac) very quick. You can at least then clip the text if not read it straight.


Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3892
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1109

Post by Bhurzum » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 am

I know I've posted "Muse" vids before (lukewarm reaction, Scented Nectar, I'm looking at you!) but this vid, to a song I've heard a thousand times, was completely unknown to me. I had no idea they filmed one for the track. Anyway, it's got me sniffling like a big Jessie so I thought I'd spread the misery...



Is it just me or is some fucker chopping onions?

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1110

Post by shoutinghorse » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:40 am

free thoughtpolice wrote: Hell hath no fury like an internet crackpot scorned. Alex Jones doesn't love Joe Rogan anymore and Jesus told him squash him like a Kraken would squash a puny sailor.
It's all an act, he's playing a part, he's a performance artist. Or he's as mad as a bucket of frogs. :character-kermit:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1111

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Watched I, TONYA last nite. Very well done, very entertaining.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1112

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Brive1987 wrote: I don’t.
Haha, you said I was of PZ's ilk. Nice try.


CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1114

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

A bold and articulate reply. I hope those voices are heeded, but I doubt it. There really needs to be a new, international psychology board, based on science and as free from partisanship as possible. The APA is a festering dunghole, and I doubt that any real change is possible within the community.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1115

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm

shoutinghorse wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Hell hath no fury like an internet crackpot scorned. Alex Jones doesn't love Joe Rogan anymore and Jesus told him squash him like a Kraken would squash a puny sailor.
It's all an act, he's playing a part, he's a performance artist. Or he's as mad as a bucket of frogs. :character-kermit:
Why not both?

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1116

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 pm



Giving loonies too much attention gives them power.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1117

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:29 pm

A fairly balanced review.



A less balanced one.


Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1118

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:32 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I don’t.
Haha, you said I was of PZ's ilk. Nice try.
It’s true there was a red flag convergence of POVs. I don’t think you or Kirb understood the original article. It’s point wasn’t to deny the freedom to criticise. Or even criticise badly. Probably worth a second read.

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1419
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1119

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: Anyway, my point. Noticing the text briefly appears before being replaced with a demand for subscription payment, I thought I ought to be able to get at it. Eventually, I did. This is Firefox 65, with uBlock Origin set to allow 3rd party scripts on theglobeandmail.com. Click on the article, get a page with title and request for subscription. Click on the Reader view icon in the address bar, get a different version of the same page. Refresh - and there is the reader version of the article.
This doesn't work with Vivaldi (Chromium-based), and did work with Safari, and oddly enough, after doing it in Safari now all the subscriber pages just open without the above trick.
And, if you want to read a page that blocks ad-blockers, hit whatever your 'cancel page load' key combo is (CMD-. on my mac) very quick. You can at least then clip the text if not read it straight.
Sometimes blocking javascript on the page will stop the anti adblock notice. I use a Chrome extension.
And if a site allows limited free views, opening incognito can sometime get you an extra free visit.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1120

Post by Brive1987 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:50 pm

One in six of all on-screen BBC roles must go to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender or disabled people by 2020, the corporation's new diversity targets state.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -2020.html

Thank god this in no way reflects a structural decline of the West.

screwtape
.
.
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1121

Post by screwtape » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 pm

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
A bold and articulate reply. I hope those voices are heeded, but I doubt it. There really needs to be a new, international psychology board, based on science and as free from partisanship as possible. The APA is a festering dunghole, and I doubt that any real change is possible within the community.
Have you considered how licensing bodies in general control the thoughts, attitudes and actions of licensees? I can't speak for all, but I have direct knowledge of medical licensing bodies. If they assume some particular attitude - be it some aspect of equality, tolerance or other PC-ness - you'd better go along with it or be open to censure for any complaint raised against you for not mouthing the correct platitudes. It was always recognised that family doctors acted as gatekeepers to the rest of the system, but now they have to sign the appropriate chit for, say, disability, whether due to gender dysphoria, morbid obesity, or Brexit anxiety. Decline to do so and you lose your license. Some of this is because of an undue willingness for such bodies to be seen to be modern and 'with it', but bizarrely some part of it is also an attempt to maintain the self-regulating aspect of a profession. We are told we must regulate ourselves in a manner that the public at large approves, or be subject to government control. While this might be an aspect of medical regulation that applies only in single-payer systems, it has sadly come to mean that the licensing bodies, and the physicians who choose to make a career in them, have become subservient to the public will. Invite well-meaning civilians to comprise 50% of all committees. Let civilians judge all complaint issues. Publish all complaints, proven or not, against physicians. And so on and so forth. We don't dare say no to a ridiculous request, but go along with whatever our taxpayer masters require of us. Exactly what the market forces would predict.

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1122

Post by AndrewV69 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:29 pm
A fairly balanced review.

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/JzOE7hRSyS8
A less balanced one.

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/mykerurevenge/status/1093900131274027008?s=21
Mercedes Carrera Issues Statement on Child Sex Abuse Allegations
For those unaware, Mercedes Carrera, a porn star who supported GamerGate and collaborated on a charity with The Fine Young Capitalists, has been arrested on allegations of child sex abuse with a child under the age of 10. A lot of anti-GamerGate types have seized on all this in spite of their own history of defending admitted pedophiles in their own camp, to try and lord it over us despite many condemning her and others withholding judgment yet saying if true she should receive a harsh sentence. She has now put out a statement to adult entertainment news sites offering her side of the story:
Last week, my husband and I [were] arrested on charges of molesting my nine-year-old daughter, the absolute worst crime I can imagine. The charges were filed by her father, my ex-partner (a fundamentalist Christian). He is trying to take custody of our child from me. The charges are absolutely false and horrifying, and a last ditch effort to keep me from contact with my daughter for the rest of my life. I am so worried for her. Her life is shattered. Life will never be the same for any of us. We are struggling to make sense of this nightmare. This is a no-bail offense, so we are stuck in jail until we are cleared. We are facing decades in prison and do not even have money for a lawyer. We do not know what to do, but I ask that you all know me for who I am, and know that neither I nor my husband would ever, ever do anything like this to any child, let alone my beloved daughter.
I would note that, if the circumstances she describes are correct and it involves a custody dispute, this does generally mean it is more likely the allegation is false than otherwise. Such tactics are unfortunately more common in those cases. This does not mean the allegations are false, but it is something to keep in mind for people who may feel tempted to rush to judgment.
142 comments

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1123

Post by AndrewV69 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Welp,

I finally got around to looking up the image by searching Twatter for "mercedes hambone quantum leap" which lead to this link on Imgur.

Code: Select all

https://imgur.com/a/1hTDcNs
Not looking good at all.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10570
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1124

Post by Lsuoma » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 pm

John D wrote: This is really good IMHO.

It is indeed, but is that a syrup? I can't believe it's natural...

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4466
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1125

Post by Service Dog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:12 pm

My fashion clients were happy with their pile of broken glass & the reflections it cast on the walls.

https://i.imgur.com/e1Y7PIb.jpg?1


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4466
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1126

Post by Service Dog » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Plus, I got to chat with my favorite model, backstage. First time, since I worked on a show with her 2 years ago.
Apparently, she's a big deal now.
https://www.instagram.com/uglyworldwide/?hl=en

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1127

Post by AndrewV69 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Sandals with socks ... I thought that was an English disease?

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10278
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1128

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Service Dog wrote: Plus, I got to chat with my favorite model, backstage. First time, since I worked on a show with her 2 years ago.
Apparently, she's a big deal now.
https://www.instagram.com/uglyworldwide/?hl=en
An impressive portfolio for sure.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1129

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 pm

I look at those fashionistas and I say, 'seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people?' No normal person would wear that shit.
normal.jpg
(83.21 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1896
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1130

Post by Keating » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

AndrewV69 wrote: Sandals with socks ... I thought that was an English disease?
Pretty sure it's a Dutch thing.

Keating
.
.
Posts: 1896
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: South of anteater guy
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1131

Post by Keating » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 pm

This is my white pill for the day:



I used to really hate Megan Murphy 20 years ago. She was one of the most extreme feminists of that era. Now she's saying its much more complicated than she thought.

CaptainFluffyBunny
.
.
Posts: 7554
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Somewhere in the pipes
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1132

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

screwtape wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 pm
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
A bold and articulate reply. I hope those voices are heeded, but I doubt it. There really needs to be a new, international psychology board, based on science and as free from partisanship as possible. The APA is a festering dunghole, and I doubt that any real change is possible within the community.
Have you considered how licensing bodies in general control the thoughts, attitudes and actions of licensees? I can't speak for all, but I have direct knowledge of medical licensing bodies. If they assume some particular attitude - be it some aspect of equality, tolerance or other PC-ness - you'd better go along with it or be open to censure for any complaint raised against you for not mouthing the correct platitudes. It was always recognised that family doctors acted as gatekeepers to the rest of the system, but now they have to sign the appropriate chit for, say, disability, whether due to gender dysphoria, morbid obesity, or Brexit anxiety. Decline to do so and you lose your license. Some of this is because of an undue willingness for such bodies to be seen to be modern and 'with it', but bizarrely some part of it is also an attempt to maintain the self-regulating aspect of a profession. We are told we must regulate ourselves in a manner that the public at large approves, or be subject to government control. While this might be an aspect of medical regulation that applies only in single-payer systems, it has sadly come to mean that the licensing bodies, and the physicians who choose to make a career in them, have become subservient to the public will. Invite well-meaning civilians to comprise 50% of all committees. Let civilians judge all complaint issues. Publish all complaints, proven or not, against physicians. And so on and so forth. We don't dare say no to a ridiculous request, but go along with whatever our taxpayer masters require of us. Exactly what the market forces would predict.
Yep. Leading to anti-science feelgoodery. And licensing bodies to exist mostly for the sake of being necessary and self-perpetuating.

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4823
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1133

Post by KiwiInOz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Service Dog wrote: Plus, I got to chat with my favorite model, backstage. First time, since I worked on a show with her 2 years ago.
Apparently, she's a big deal now.
https://www.instagram.com/uglyworldwide/?hl=en
Which planet is she from, if you don't mind me asking.

SM1957
.
.
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1134

Post by SM1957 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 am

How is the plan to boost the European economy by taking in huge numbers of unskilled immigrants getting along?

As Germany tips into recession, how often do we hear that we must have vast numbers of immigrants for economic growth....



https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... -refugees/

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1135

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 am

KiwiInOz wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Plus, I got to chat with my favorite model, backstage. First time, since I worked on a show with her 2 years ago.
Apparently, she's a big deal now.
https://www.instagram.com/uglyworldwide/?hl=en
Which planet is she from, if you don't mind me asking.
I was just wondering the same. This truly is proof that beings from another world are living among us. :sci-fi-grayalien:

MarcusAu
.
.
Posts: 7009
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1136

Post by MarcusAu » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 am

shoutinghorse wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Plus, I got to chat with my favorite model, backstage. First time, since I worked on a show with her 2 years ago.
Apparently, she's a big deal now.
https://www.instagram.com/uglyworldwide/?hl=en
Which planet is she from, if you don't mind me asking.
I was just wondering the same. This truly is proof that beings from another world are living among us. :sci-fi-grayalien:
I understand that she has an exclusive deal modeling Otto Sump's new range of clothes.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead
Posts: 3892
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1137

Post by Bhurzum » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 am

MarcusAu wrote: I understand that she has an exclusive deal modeling Otto Sump's new range of clothes.
https://i.imgur.com/2frf58y.png

InfraRedBucket
.
.
Posts: 1419
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1138

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 am

Keating wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Sandals with socks ... I thought that was an English disease?
Pretty sure it's a Dutch thing.
Dutch Whelm Disease?

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1139

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:58 am

Switzerland and its ethno state prisons .. kinda.





Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

shoutinghorse
.
.
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am
Contact:

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

#1140

Post by shoutinghorse » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:20 am

First it was phoning you for a quiet little chat, then it was visiting you for a friendly warning, now its seven hours in a police cell and a banning injunction. And it's still only February. Someone will be going down for a 10 stretch by summer. :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/d3jJLKZ.jpg
Deputy Judge Jason Coppel QC issued an interim injunction that bans her from posting any personal information about Miss Hayden on social media, 'referencing her as a man' or linking her to her 'former male identity'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... n-man.html

Post Reply