The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
Sunder

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by Sunder »

Pelosi cancels Trump's SOTU address citing security concerns because the Secret Service is not being funded during the shutdown (they're still working, just not getting paid for it). Pretty solid trolling.

Also, regarding Trump's hamberder feast, while people are clearly angling for the "liberal elites turn their noses up at people who eat fast food" shit, they're clearly mocking him, a self-proclaimed billionaire, bragging about personally paying for a few hundred bucks worth of cold McDonald's. Even pizza would have been a step up.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote: Also, regarding Trump's hamberder feast, while people are clearly angling for the "liberal elites turn their noses up at people who eat fast food" shit, they're clearly mocking him, a self-proclaimed billionaire, bragging about personally paying for a few hundred bucks worth of cold McDonald's. Even pizza would have been a step up.
Trump - sick of winning.

http://i.imgur.com/iHUUhlk.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I'm glad that ever since I stopped reading FtB I can still get my regular dose of retardation delivered right to the Pit by its resident Trumpkins.

I'm only a little sad that at least one of them used to not be quite such a massive dumbass.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sunder wrote: Also, regarding Trump's hamberder feast, while people are clearly angling for the "liberal elites turn their noses up at people who eat fast food" shit, they're clearly mocking him, a self-proclaimed billionaire, bragging about personally paying for a few hundred bucks worth of cold McDonald's. Even pizza would have been a step up.
Trump - sick of winning.

Winning what, exactly?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Trump - sick of winning.

Dominos? Crime against humanity!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Some thoughts on impeachment that I hadn't heard before.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... mp/580468/

CaptainFluffyBunny

It was, several legal experts observed, an astonishing act of expectation management. “Whatever Giuliani‘s motives for going on a show with Chris Cuomo, he’s clearly looking to sharply redefine the issue in the Russia collusion case,” said Bob Bauer, former White House general counsel to Barack Obama. During the campaign through the first several months of the Mueller probe, Trump and his allies were insistent that there had been “no contact” with any Russians and certainly “no collusion” to influence the 2016 election. Over the past year, however, those claims have broken down in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. At least 16 Trump associates had contacts with Russians during the campaign or transition, amounting to more than 100 contacts with Russian-linked officials, according to various reports. Court filings in federal cases involving Trump’s former campaign chairman, former lawyer, and national security adviser, among many others, all paint a portrait of a sweeping Russian influence campaign.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01 ... ion-russia

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Apropos of nothing much at all ...

:rimshot:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

What a fucking wanker:

But you knew that anyway...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Trump ethics. Do read the article, nothing quite as presidential as a bag of money...

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:16 am
I'm glad that ever since I stopped reading FtB I can still get my regular dose of retardation delivered right to the Pit by its resident Trumpkins.

I'm only a little sad that at least one of them used to not be quite such a massive dumbass.
The fact we are confronting Mac-gate (and winning with pizza) should be sufficient for people to calm the fuck down.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Sunder wrote:

The fact we are confronting Mac-gate (and winning with pizza) should be sufficient for people to calm the fuck down.
First, in no way shape or form is Dominoes pizza. You're better off eating the box it was delivered in. Second, this sort of "winning" explains so much about you.

John D

Post by John D »

Seriously... are you fucking retarded? Rudy said the he... himself... never made any claims about the "campaign" and collusion. Rudy ONLY claimed that Trump did not collude. This is a personal statement by Rudy about what he (Rudy himself) made claims about. CNN is a total shit-hole. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And here we have the orange man on the grassy knoll with a bic.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sunder wrote:

First, in no way shape or form is Dominoes pizza. You're better off eating the box it was delivered in. Second, this sort of "winning" explains so much about you.
Your failure to understand my post (which is your right and privilege) says so much about us.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
Seriously... are you fucking retarded? Rudy said the he... himself... never made any claims about the "campaign" and collusion. Rudy ONLY claimed that Trump did not collude. This is a personal statement by Rudy about what he (Rudy himself) made claims about. CNN is a total shit-hole. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Apparently you are unable to parse English. Rudy did in fact state there was no collusion in the past, and further he undermined Trump bigly. The CNN just has Trump's collusion statements, but you will find most outlets, including the VanityFair one above stating that this is a huge departure. Please feel free to find any outlet other than Fox that feels this isn't big news.

The "fucking retarded" ones are those that think Trump is gonna sail past all this, or worse, still support the slimy fucker. But hey, if you're a betting man...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For hint, let’s go to the classical liberal perspective.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
I found this in about 5 minutes :

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: For hint, let’s go to the classical liberal perspective.

Brive1987 wrote: For hint, let’s go to the classical liberal perspective.

Got a few minutes in, jesus fucking christ, how do you sit through that? Just Sargon chortling. If he said anything other than "hur, dur how is this news?" lemme know.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... er/580501/

It was a story, because Trump wanted it to be a story.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
John D wrote:
I found this in about 5 minutes :
Yeah... you just confirmed it.... you are a retard. You even showed me a hand picked video that showed you are a retard. Thanks for that. This will save time in the future.

free thoughtpolice

From the Time magazine quote at CFB's #2288 post:
At that time, Fox News contributor Guy Benson asked Giuliani, “Regardless of whether collusion would be a crime, is it still the position of you and your client that there was no collusion with the Russians whatsoever on behalf of the Trump campaign?”

“Correct,” Giuliani responded.

John D wrote:
Well put John. Trump and his cronies have been constantly repeating that CNN and anyone else that critiques him are fake news and they have said it so often that it must be true! Of course you would have to be retarded and really gullible to think that Trump and his crowd have ever told a lie, so a personal statement by Giuliani should be believed and CNN (fake news, fake news, when you wake up you will not remember any of this, just that CNN is fake news) is a shithole that lies all the time.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Yeah... you just confirmed it.... you are a retard. You even showed me a hand picked video that showed you are a retard. Thanks for that. This will save time in the future.
If you watched that video you fucking fool, you would see Giuliani saying that collusion didn't happen period. It was all fake news. See :45. That contradicts his statement that he said that Trump didn't collude but he didn't say the rest of the campaign didn't. If there was no collusion at all than obviously the rest of the campaign didn't collude.
Have you got your head so far up your ass that you can't comprehend simple logic?

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: John D wrote:
If you watched that video you fucking fool, you would see Giuliani saying that collusion didn't happen period. It was all fake news. See :45. That contradicts his statement that he said that Trump didn't collude but he didn't say the rest of the campaign didn't. If there was no collusion at all than obviously the rest of the campaign didn't collude.
Have you got your head so far up your ass that you can't comprehend simple logic?
Rudy's comments are not news. He has been pretty consistent in his comments and has really not said anything new. Just bull shit fake news.... they even played this stupid shit on Fox tonight. Whatever.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
Rudy's comments are not news. He has been pretty consistent in his comments and has really not said anything new. Just bull shit fake news.... they even played this stupid shit on Fox tonight. Whatever.
Well, then, either everybody else is being stupid or...
:think:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It’s been a Cold War since Nov 2016 and a hot war since January.

The idea any of this, from both sides, is based on reasonable motivations is ridiculous. It’s a cage fight.

Good luck documenting the forthcoming fusillade.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm
It’s been a Cold War since Nov 2016 and a hot war since January.

The idea any of this, from both sides, is based on reasonable motivations is ridiculous. It’s a cage fight.

Good luck documenting the forthcoming fusillade.
Civil wars are very healthy for a nation and a president who attacks the press, the intelligence services, and anyone who's not on his side as enemies of the people is a very stable genius.

It's 15-dimensional underwater mah-jong. MAGA. Winning.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
First he said there was no collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign and now he says there was but Trump didn't know about it. That is not consistent and it isn't bullshit. I've provided the quotes in his own words. You just can't face the facts.

John D

Post by John D »

First he said there was no collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign and now he says there was but Trump didn't know about it. That is not consistent and it isn't bullshit. I've provided the quotes in his own words. You just can't face the facts.
This is just such a non-story. Everyone in the media is dissecting the statements of a lawyer who is talking to the media. He is not under oath. He is just yacking at reporters to get Trump in the news and to tell a certain story. All of a sudden he changes his claims a tiny bit and everyone thinks it has some cosmically important meaning. It's a sad testament to the state of the media and the ease at which the p[public is manipulated to click on bs.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"I was only pretending to be retarded" might work for you. It doesn't work for lawyers.

Actually I don't think it works for you either.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
This is just such a non-story. Everyone in the media is dissecting the statements of a lawyer who is talking to the media. He is not under oath. He is just yacking at reporters to get Trump in the news and to tell a certain story. All of a sudden he changes his claims a tiny bit and everyone thinks it has some cosmically important meaning. It's a sad testament to the state of the media and the ease at which the p[public is manipulated to click on bs.
Sigh. No, John, it is not. Trump succeeds by controlling the narrative, altering real facts until they fit his made-up world, then convincing his base. This is a stark signal that the narrative is changing. His base has already picked up on this and are changing the narrative. Go to Twitter, and it is plainly evident.This also signals the defense Trump is likely to make to keep his job. Now you might rightly say you don't care, but this does show a significant shift in the dynamic. You can tell it's big by the fact even Fox carried it.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
Sigh. No, John, it is not. Trump succeeds by controlling the narrative, altering real facts until they fit his made-up world, then convincing his base. This is a stark signal that the narrative is changing. His base has already picked up on this and are changing the narrative. Go to Twitter, and it is plainly evident.This also signals the defense Trump is likely to make to keep his job. Now you might rightly say you don't care, but this does show a significant shift in the dynamic. You can tell it's big by the fact even Fox carried it.
I think you are wrong... so... that's okay.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Now you are changing your story. First you said it was false news and bullshit, now you are minimizing his changing his story and saying that isn't important. Not only are you unconcerned when these jokers lie to you, apparently you still want to believe them. Honestly John, you are coming across as what confidence hucksters view as the perfect mark.
So now it isn't a big deal if one side of a political campaign conspires with a hostile foreign power to break the law and influence the outcome of an election?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Facts are fluid things on both ends of the horseshoe; on the left you have PoMo transwomen are women nonsense and on the right you have prayer rugs on the southern border and Trump playing 3D chess. In both cases feelings trump (hehe) facts, but in both cases they feel that controlling the narrative is key. They don't even try to persuade, but simply attack other points of view. When the narrative changes, this signals an underlying shift in their whole paradigm.

In Rudy's case, he's said he expects the Mueller report to be "horrorific" and may be trying to manage expectations on Trump's critical base. Because the second that base dwindles below a certain point, the Republicans will turn on Trump and try to get the stain off their party. Hell, some of them will likely succeed. Right now Trump's control of his base can doom any Republican that crosses him too badly. That may change shortly.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Everything old is new again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just in case CFB doesn’t get around to posting ....

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Just in case CFB doesn’t get around to posting ....

I think that it would be best for everyone to wait for the conclusions of the special counsel investigation, and in the mean time keep the criticism of Trump to the bad ideas and policies he supports. Sadly we're not that stoic. The matter is ripe for media speculations, and Trump himself is riffing on it in his tweets.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Was that a “do as I say not as I do”? observation?
Or a “two wrongs make a right”
Or a “ends justify the means”

It’s unclear.

free thoughtpolice

In the interest of balance:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Was that a “do as I say not as I do”? observation?

It’s unclear.
None of those things.

It was a "playing with fire gets everyone burnt" observation.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The truth is an asbestos suit for the MSM.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: The truth is an asbestos suit for the MSM.
If only we lived in a time when authority figures valued truth over narratives.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Indeed.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: Indeed.

I watched CNN the whole time they covered the Buzzfeed story. Right from the beginning and each time they mentioned it they also said they were unable to confirm it. So that little GOP propaganda video you showed was lying by omission. And you were gullible enough to swallow that and their "fake news" slogan, probably because it confirmed your prejudice.

free thoughtpolice

And by the way, CNN also reported that Trump said that prayer mats were found discarded at the southern border. They also added that they couldn't verify that either.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It’s unclear.
Perhaps another thread can be started to discuss this.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

https..://twitter.com/gop/status/1086680942201237507?s=21
I watched CNN the whole time they covered the Buzzfeed story. Right from the beginning and each time they mentioned it they also said they were unable to confirm it. So that little GOP propaganda video you showed was lying by omission. And you were gullible enough to swallow that and their "fake news" slogan, probably because it confirmed your prejudice.
Plausible deniability.

It’s a technique as old as the hills.

“And Brutus is an honourable man.”

free thoughtpolice

Do you think there were prayer rugs found at the Mexican border as King of the Libtriggerers Donald Trump found at the border? Or that the MSM were just covering their asses by saying those reports were unconfirmed?
CNN was ethically reporting an allegation by saying that they couldn't confirm each time they broadcast the story. As a contrast, you tweeted the propaganda line from the GOP that edited out the disclosure which is an obvious distortion of the CNN report. And they had enough gall to then accuse CNN of fake news.
Admitting you can't prove a reported statement isn't a trick. It is being honest about how much weight you can give to a source.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Do you think there were prayer rugs found at the Mexican border as King of the Libtriggerers Donald Trump found at the border? Or that the MSM were just covering their asses by saying those reports were unconfirmed?
CNN was ethically reporting an allegation by saying that they couldn't confirm each time they broadcast the story. As a contrast, you tweeted the propaganda line from the GOP that edited out the disclosure which is an obvious distortion of the CNN report. And they had enough gall to then accuse CNN of fake news.
Admitting you can't prove a reported statement isn't a trick. It is being honest about how much weight you can give to a source.
The "MSM" don't exist as a whole, as some indistinguishable blob. That's the fault premise. Buzzfeed is an online rag which hasn't much in terms credibility and used to be a website for asking online quizzes about pop culture, CNN is a rather reliable big journalistic hub which reports with caveats that were assumed to be standard before the "new media" revolution.

There's no such thing as the Perfect Media, because there are no such thing as Perfect People. Mistakes, retractions, biases exist EVERYWHERE.

Acknowledging caution about unconfirmed claims is what ethical journalism should do. Hence why people who are accused of crimes but not yet convicted, no matter how credible the accusations are, are always alleged criminals. Drop the caution and you end up becoming like PeeZee, ranting about how Shermer is a "confirmed rapist".

If only there was a way to handle allegations with some sort of caution. You could call it skepticism, if you want.

Also it's kind of funny that the GOP is suddenly very, very concerned with accuracy and truth when they support a president who makes up completely unsubstantiated claims all the time.

John D

Post by John D »

I watched Rudy on "Meet the Press" today... as well as comments about all the hub-bub regarding the Buzz Feed BS. I was pretty much right. There was really no news about Russia and collusion this week. Just a bunch of click-bait crap. You guys suck at this.

CaptainFluffyBunny

It’s unclear.
I don't think any Trump supporter should be mocking "ends justify the means." You know he's a gross shit, you just want him to accomplish your ends. Tell me I'm wrong.

But tell me how. Betcha can't.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 pm
I watched Rudy on "Meet the Press" today... as well as comments about all the hub-bub regarding the Buzz Feed BS. I was pretty much right. There was really no news about Russia and collusion this week. Just a bunch of click-bait crap. You guys suck at this.
I dunno if you're trolling or serious. I posted one bit on the Buzzfeed story, immediately followed by Joe Walsh's caveat. But you really think Trump's innocent? Or are you just amused by his...presidential demeanor?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

https..://twitter.com/gop/status/1086680942201237507?s=21
Plausible deniability.

It’s a technique as old as the hills.

“And Brutus is an honourable man.”
Brutus was an honorable man. Gave his life for his beliefs in the end. If Rome had remained a Republic, who knows, might still be around.

No shit about me not getting it, I get your point. You just didn't go far enough. Forest for the trees.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 pm
I dunno if you're trolling or serious. I posted one bit on the Buzzfeed story, immediately followed by Joe Walsh's caveat. But you really think Trump's innocent? Or are you just amused by his...presidential demeanor?
You do know that Mueller said the Buzz Feed article is fake news.... right?

From the NYT (and they don't get to this fact until paragraph nine! haha):
The BuzzFeed article was the talk of TV pundits and news websites for 24 hours — until Peter Carr, Mr. Mueller’s spokesman, weighed in. Mr. Carr, whose stoicism is so well-known in Washington that he has the nickname “Mr. No-Comment,” wrote: “BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/19/busi ... eller.html