The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: The Brive, CFB, and FTP Shitposting Thread (Yawn...)

Post by Brive1987 »

My son helpfully explained that Islamic apostasy is a capital offence because it indicates treason against the broader global politic. Which appears to be like the Jewish world conspiracy, only real.

Whereas Christian apostasy is matter of personal belief.

I’m sure this is simplistic. But is gave me the window of opportunity to suggest that you wouldn’t want too many globally connected muslims in your western liberal democracy .... Now it’s time for coffee.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh my.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: My son helpfully explained that Islamic apostasy is a capital offence because it indicates treason against the broader global politic.
Has he discussed this idea with an ex-muslim?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Who knows. He is a pork eating dude following up his arabic language course with a degree in Islamic studies while doing law and diplomas in a number of European languages.

He enjoys correcting my simple ignorance. I enjoy disappointing him with dad wisdom.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Who knows. He is a pork eating dude following up his arabic language course with a degree in Islamic studies while doing law and diplomas in a number of European languages.

He enjoys correcting my simple ignorance. I enjoy disappointing him with dad wisdom.
Some stuff he's going to have to figure out for himself.

John D

Post by John D »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm
I would be proud to own this plate. It's brilliant!

https://i.imgur.com/Wbn3Gap.jpg
Despite first impressions, it has started to grow on me. I am almost tempted to see if I could order one of my very own.
Oh my god!!!! It is fantastic. I want one!

John D

Post by John D »

Haha. Sam Harris has become a non-skeptical idiot. His latest podcast is all about how super-duper awful the 84 Russian Facebook pages where that changed the election! Russians everywhere!. Haha. His guest thinks the US should be more like Sweden in regulating speech and that we should get government approval to make posts and pages. Harris is not a friend to freedom.

He says you can't compare the New York Times to Breitbart..... he is loving on the NYT because he thinks they have a business model based on truth. Has he read the NYT lately? Haha.

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

https://samharris.org/podcasts/145-info ... f8af7f1a0a

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: My son helpfully explained that Islamic apostasy is a capital offence because it indicates treason against the broader global politic. Which appears to be like the Jewish world conspiracy, only real.
That sounds a lot like Salafi or Muslim Brotherhood claptrap.

The unity of the Ummah is a fantasy. Shias hate Sunnis, Sunnis hate Shia, Arabs hate Turks, and vice versa, the Pakistanis hate the Bengalese, and vice versa, the Salafis hate everyone who isn't them, including the Muslim Brotherhood, even the Salafi have their own infighting and splinter cells.

Fanatics are good at looking confident and smug in the "inevitable victory of islam" and the "union of believers" especially before the kaffir. They're very active in academia, especially in "islamic studies" that have been more or less colonized by the Muslim Brotherhood and by the Salafis. But deep down they're the same kind of idiots that you find in other groups of fanatical idiots. Without a common enemy they eat each other.

Muslims aren't superhumans. Islam isn't a superpower. There ARE (vague) global political projects within the Qu'ran/ahadith, and people who take them seriously, to horrible results. But it's a fantasy, just like the unitary Respublica Christiana was a fantasy (and eventually people stopped believing in it).

Apostasy from Christianity and heresy were severely punished before secularism. Islam is simply lagging behind.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Authoritarian utopians, religious or otherwise, NEED an enemy. They also NEED to punish the "traitors" in the most horrible fashion possible. They NEED to see decadence and corruption everywhere. It's part of the game. Sooner or later they end up targeting their own followers, especially those who voice some feeble doubts, or look like they might have some doubts.

Purity tests are always a slippery slope to a dead end.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

WARNING: Unpleasant footage - viewer discretion advised.

Anyone able to speak Arabic and can explain what the fuck is going on here? As far as I can tell, the poor victim is Muslim but the comments are few and limited...

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Seriously, a giant meteor can't come soon enough...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: My son helpfully explained that Islamic apostasy is a capital offence because it indicates treason against the broader global politic. Which appears to be like the Jewish world conspiracy, only real.
I should point out that he was trying to explain the conceptual framework for capital punishment rather than any personal POV.

An example base source:

Wael, B. Hallaq (2009). Sharī'a: Theory, Practice and Transformations. Cambridge University Press. p. 319.
Wael Hallaq states that "[in] a culture whose lynchpin is religion, religious principles and religious morality, apostasy is in some way equivalent to high treason in the modern nation-state". Nevertheless, Muslim jurists from the early period, from different Muslim denominations and schools of thought, developed legal institutions to circumvent harsh punishment in cases of allegations or charges of apostasy. These institutions set the standard for what counts as apostasy from Islam so high that at least prior to the 11th century practically no judgment of apostasy could be passed. Subsequently, authorities in the Muslim World have not consistently applied these high standards of what counts for apostasy. In the late 19th century, the use of criminal penalties for apostasy fell into disuse, although civil penalties were still applied.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fucking Hell Bhurzum. :cry:

(Why Aliens don't make contact)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Apparently the course is strongly Hanafi. That’s Greek to me. Except it’s apparently Turkish.

Who was it that said Turkey is an artificial construct combining West Armenia and East Greece?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pfft. 2 years ago, a "moderate" faction of Syrian rebels allied with the US military beheaded a small boy and recorded it. The US disavowed them as a result.

This video is a news report that omits the gore (the "cover image" you see isn't even included). The scared kid asks if they'd shoot him. Fucking animals wouldn't even do that for him.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

There's no such thing as a moderate muslim, they're all fucking head the balls IMO :x

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

shoutinghorse wrote: There's no such thing as a moderate muslim, they're all fucking head the balls IMO :x
Quite.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: There's no such thing as a moderate muslim, they're all fucking head the balls IMO :x
Crass bigotry. Get woke, my friend.

https://i.imgur.com/OBZAkxI.jpg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

No matter the protestations that religion is a natural human phenomenon, it's a dangerous natural human phenomenon. Racism, a direct derivation from tribalism, is also a natural human phenomenon.

No exceptions. Christianity was, and could well become again, as dangerous as Islam. In its day, it was just as brutal: witch burning, sectarian warfare, and on and on. As long as people place credence in faith-based knowledge, the possibility that any "peaceful" religion might recrudesce in a more virulent form will remain. While I may scoff at feminist dystopian fictions like "A Handmaid's Tale", I'll always take the message with dead seriousness.

People just have to find a way to deal with the anxiety of mortality without resorting to fantasy. The alternative--what we have now--is that innocents must pay for our weakness.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

A case can (and no doubt will) be made as to why it would be better if you believe. Or can at least be quiet about your atheism and not criticise religion

Personally I tend to find such conversations unconvincing and unproductive. (If they are conversations at all).

I suspect there is no slam dunk argument that will convince everyone and that such dialogues (even if they are in the form of monologues) will still be going on for some time.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I should point out that he was trying to explain the conceptual framework for capital punishment rather than any personal POV.

An example base source:

Wael, B. Hallaq (2009). Sharī'a: Theory, Practice and Transformations. Cambridge University Press. p. 319.
Wael Hallaq states that "[in] a culture whose lynchpin is religion, religious principles and religious morality, apostasy is in some way equivalent to high treason in the modern nation-state". Nevertheless, Muslim jurists from the early period, from different Muslim denominations and schools of thought, developed legal institutions to circumvent harsh punishment in cases of allegations or charges of apostasy. These institutions set the standard for what counts as apostasy from Islam so high that at least prior to the 11th century practically no judgment of apostasy could be passed. Subsequently, authorities in the Muslim World have not consistently applied these high standards of what counts for apostasy. In the late 19th century, the use of criminal penalties for apostasy fell into disuse, although civil penalties were still applied.
The revival of strong theocratic rule in islam indeed started relatively recently, probably during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Apparently the course is strongly Hanafi. That’s Greek to me. Except it’s apparently Turkish.

Who was it that said Turkey is an artificial construct combining West Armenia and East Greece?
Just out of curiosity, where does your son study?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote: No matter the protestations that religion is a natural human phenomenon, it's a dangerous natural human phenomenon. Racism, a direct derivation from tribalism, is also a natural human phenomenon.

No exceptions. Christianity was, and could well become again, as dangerous as Islam. In its day, it was just as brutal: witch burning, sectarian warfare, and on and on. As long as people place credence in faith-based knowledge, the possibility that any "peaceful" religion might recrudesce in a more virulent form will remain. While I may scoff at feminist dystopian fictions like "A Handmaid's Tale", I'll always take the message with dead seriousness.

People just have to find a way to deal with the anxiety of mortality without resorting to fantasy. The alternative--what we have now--is that innocents must pay for our weakness.
What "tamed" Christianity, relatively speaking, was a long process of separation of religion from political power and education. The "western society" which we're grateful for now was built by fighting the political and social power of religious figures, and by people who decided to separate power from belief. The process was carried on by increasingly secular influential figures in education, entertainment, politics, economics, etc.

The biggest problem with islam is that the richest and most influential muslim-majority countries, the ones that export educational material and educators in the whole "muslim world", are hardcore theocracies. And since they're rich and powerful almost everyone kow-tows to their demands, and doesn't want to rock the boat.

Religion is always irrational and potentially dangerous, but especially so if it has access to political and social power.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote: The biggest problem with islam is that the richest and most influential muslim-majority countries, the ones that export educational material and educators in the whole "muslim world", are hardcore theocracies. And since they're rich and powerful almost everyone kow-tows to their demands, and doesn't want to rock the boat.
They also export oil. Oil and money have done no good to the Muslim world.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: The biggest problem with islam is that the richest and most influential muslim-majority countries, the ones that export educational material and educators in the whole "muslim world", are hardcore theocracies. And since they're rich and powerful almost everyone kow-tows to their demands, and doesn't want to rock the boat.
They also export oil. Oil and money have done no good to the Muslim world.
They're rich and influential because they export oil. Saudi Arabia would be a powerless ultra-religious backwater without oil. Same for the UAE or Qatar or Kuwait. Iran is different because they actually have other resources and their oil exporting is limited to their allies and secret backroom deals, but still, oil definitely plays a role in the sectarian Shia-Sunni wars and conflicts, from Iraq to Syria.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm
WARNING: Unpleasant footage - viewer discretion advised.

Anyone able to speak Arabic and can explain what the fuck is going on here? As far as I can tell, the poor victim is Muslim but the comments are few and limited...

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Seriously, a giant meteor can't come soon enough...

From what I gather the ranting voice claims that the girl is Muslim, that this happened in Burma, and the people who did this are Buddhist (my Arabic is piss poor terribad and getting worse by the day because most of what he says I dinna ken).

Chances are the girl is not a Muslim, this did not happen in in Burma, and the mob was not Buddhist because I recall seeing that video before a few years ago.

It happened in Guatemala in 2015. Guatemalan Villagers Burn Woman Who Was Suspected Assassin

The story is that it a vigilante mob did this because allegedly she was involved in a robbery that resulted in the death of a taxi driver. No way of determining if this was true or not by now I suppose.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I suppose I should mention that there is a theory that this sort of mob action is usually present when people have zero faith in their justice system.

Makes sense?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

I will PM you

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

I will PM you
Yeah, I realize now this is quite personal information.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

John D wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Despite first impressions, it has started to grow on me. I am almost tempted to see if I could order one of my very own.
Note the accurate detailing of the difference between English and American teeth !

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 pm
Fucking Hell Bhurzum. :cry:

(Why Aliens don't make contact)
Highly unlikely you are going to find a "native" Christian woman in Afghanistan, certainly not in what appears to be a rural area.

Stoning is usually reserved in cases of adultery so that is probably what this was about. Let me do a look see ... OK here we are:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

AndrewV69 wrote: Highly unlikely you are going to find a "native" Christian woman in Afghanistan, certainly not in what appears to be a rural area.
Yeah I didn't go with the Christian angle myself either but just posted the tweet in reply to Bhurzum. I find this a lot with 'American Christians' on twitter, they seem to think any muslim attack must be anti Christian and can't seem to grasp that muslims attack their own probably more than they do anyone else.

Sorry to our friends from across the pond but I do find some of your countrymen to be extremely dim when it comes to the rest of the world. (my geography post from earlier a prime example :oops:).. We Brits may have crap teeth but we know our way around the world, mind we should do, we once owned half of it. ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Paging Bhurzum - I need an ear-douche after that.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My son is going to Ukraine next week. Kiev and Kharkov. I’m not impressed. He may need Kevlar thermals.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Just get one of those incompetent art restorers to work on any plate you currently have...

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Paging Bhurzum - I need an ear-douche after that.
This is my "go to" mind-bleach track...

YMMV.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Here's mine.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

PZ Myers is jumping on the bandwagon of pomo types out to silence Bhogossian for his part in the "Grievance Studies". I haven't got the stomach to watch much of this yet but according to the comments they are now starting rumors that he has "canoodled" with his students.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I guess 'canoodling' is appropriate for mer-folk.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I offered to saw my mum's commemorative tray in half sometime in the 1990's.

C+D-Tray.jpg
(26.17 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Paging Bhurzum - I need an ear-douche after that.
This is my "go to" mind-bleach track...

YMMV.
Her beauty is past compare...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote: PZ Myers is jumping on the bandwagon of pomo types out to silence Bhogossian for his part in the "Grievance Studies". I haven't got the stomach to watch much of this yet but according to the comments they are now starting rumors that he has "canoodled" with his students.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 64mv4gxnjk
"'Grievance Studies' and Ethics Violations"...

Got yer Ethics Violation right here:

https://i.imgur.com/Gm7zJyy.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Quite.

So, wouldn't a reverse cowgirl turn you back?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: PZ Myers is jumping on the bandwagon of pomo types out to silence Bhogossian for his part in the "Grievance Studies". I haven't got the stomach to watch much of this yet but according to the comments they are now starting rumors that he has "canoodled" with his students.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 64mv4gxnjk
"'Grievance Studies' and Ethics Violations"...

Got yer Ethics Violation right here:

https://i.imgur.com/Gm7zJyy.jpg
She has another avatar that doesn't look like her with blond hair at her blog.
https://chrisiousity.wordpress.com/
It could be that the camera adds 100 pounds.
I wonder if she has some sort of disability? Something with her vision that she wears sunglasses? Appears to be a sort of Kristi Winters clone.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: There's no such thing as a moderate muslim, they're all fucking head the balls IMO :x
Quite.

C'mon, I aint fooled. That's Sacha Baron Cohen.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Meanwhile, in the world of fiber arts, self-loathing privileged white women are flaying themselves with knitting needles and scratchy acrylic yarn over this:

https://fringeassociation.com/2019/01/12/words-matter/

We are all given an assignment with a workbook:

https://www.meandwhitesupremacybook.com/

:bjarte:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Just received the workbook ... it's free. We'll see how I get on with erasing my complicity.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It's my favourite type of BO.

I'm all for Fringe Association - but appreciate 'Beyond the Fringe' even more.

Anyway I'm off to that part of the world (Edinburgh) and then on to the highlands tomorrow - with a bonnie boat and the Isle of Skye involved at some point too.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Have fun, MarcusAu!

(I read that as Isle of Skype at first ...)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote: It's my favourite type of BO.

I'm all for Fringe Association - but appreciate 'Beyond the Fringe' even more.

Anyway I'm off to that part of the world (Edinburgh) and then on to the highlands tomorrow - with a bonnie boat and the Isle of Skye involved at some point too.
I haven’t been to Edinburgh (or Skye) since 1990. Pls let me know if the former still has a distinctive (but strangely compelling) malt smell to the place. I don’t know if it’s seasonal, permanent or was a special treat just for us. (December visit).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Appears to be a sort of Kristi Winters clone.
Fairly certain she hangs around with purity test merchants Winters, Shives, and Nice Mangos. Of course, she hangs around a bunch of abusive arseholes.

She's a complete no-talent.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

So, Riley Reid, the pornstar, made a few dodgy tweets:

As always, the comments are a mixture of:

1) Wish she'd rape me
2) If you have a problem with this, you're obviously gay
3) She's clearly joking
4) Paging the FBI (lots of these)
5) General outrage and highlighting of double standards

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX425_.jpg

Be interesting to see if this gains much traction with the usual suspects...

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: We Brits may have crap teeth
Just a side note: Did you guys ever get around to sapping and polluting your precious bodily fluids fluoridating your water?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: We Brits may have crap teeth
Just a side note: Did you guys ever get around to sapping and polluting your precious bodily fluids fluoridating your water?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The SPLC will no longer partner with the Women's March
The Southern Poverty Law Center will not partner with the Women’s March this year, The Daily Beast has confirmed.

Jen Fuson, a spokeswoman for the SPLC, said “other projects were a priority,” but added they would continue to be involved in marches at the local level in areas where they have offices.

The third annual march, to be held on January 19, comes amid criticism of the March leadership’s past affiliation with and failure to fully denounce Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, as well as other allegations of anti-semitism from its former organizers. The SPLC has designated the Nation of Islam as a hate group. Asked whether the Farrakhan connection played a part in the decision not to partner with them, Fuson reiterated that the group had other priorities.
Sarsour, Mallory and Perez are all Farrakhan fangirls. The SPLC has been listing the Nation of Islam as a hate group for years :twatson:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

James Watson is beyond the pale. Tarring and feathering will commence at 3pm.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 pm
James Watson is beyond the pale. Tarring and feathering will commence at 3pm.
Yep. Saw that a few days ago

The author of one of the hit pieces has been getting flack about it. Her latest tweet thread on the subject:

Anyway,

It is part of a renewed push

It is becoming increasing difficult to keep saying that "race is a social construct" when it is becoming increasingly clear that it is not true at all. Same for IQ and all those other bothersome heritable traits.

This has real world consequences.

For example In education. If you accept the evidence about IQ and heritable traits then you have to conclude that enormous amounts of money has been flushed down the toilet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brett Weinstein skirted the 'race is a social construct' chant by saying what we can talk about is populations.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK so more about the new "panic" (same as the old panic) about "racist" science and "hatefacts"

(this was late last year)

This guy is sociologist Dr John David Jordan

For some reason Jordan blocked me shortly after.

:o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 pm
Brett Weinstein skirted the 'race is a social construct' chant by saying what we can talk about is populations.
I believe he is correct. Because otherwise this is what await you.

(yes he blocked me and in return I blocked the hapless twit ... but I have more than one Twatter account)