Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
Guest_5433a21c

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by Guest_5433a21c »

The George H. W. Bush funeral: carried into his eternal office by one pallbearer from each military service, and, holding up the right rear of the coffin, Willy Horton.

Followed by an honor guard led by Michael Dukakis, bouncing in the hatch of an M1 Abrams tank.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

DrokkIt wrote: UKIP is a marginal party rapidly attracting rightwing wonks who think there is a sniff of power to be had.

Farage is right to oppose Robinson for this reason. Labour should oppose the trots (i.e. it's extremists) in it's ranks in the same way.Maybe Batten should start a single-issue party about Islam, I'm sure such political megaminds as Sargon would love it. The whole thing is embarrassing hahaha.
Thing about Tommy Robinson is, I actually reckon he's a pretty sound bloke, overall. He's got bollocks, that's for sure, he has more politcal acumen than his detractors believe and it is genuinely scandalous the way he constantly gets harassed by the police. But he's also a massive liability, on account of his dunderheaded propensity to get involved in stupid shit which is sometimes dangerously stupid shit. Case in point being when he barged into Qulliam's offices. Now, whatever you may think of Quilliam, it does have to be said that a fair few people working for them have a very good reason for wanting to remain anonymous. But what does TR go and do? Barge in there univited with his fucking camera and get in everyone's faces while demanding, 'Wotchoo sayin about me being a white supremacist eh? Eh?'

It was so fucking stupid. He clearly hadn't thought about the wider picture here. Likewise with his recent idiocies involving him accosting various muslim nonces outside the courts. And yes, I know, he was treated unfairly here at least in part. But it still doesn't detract from the very fact that it's a stupid thing to do which really could jeapordise future trials.

Robinson's just not subtle enough. He's too blunt, and facing off against the kind of opponents who can really only be beaten by someone a lot sharper; the kind of nasty shites who always get away with spreading lies about him because he keeps on giving them just enough material to make their accusations look plausible.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

More from PETA. They are even getting slaughtered (pun intended) by vegans in the comments.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

InfraRedBucket wrote: More from PETA. They are even getting slaughtered (pun intended) by vegans in the comments.

This is an off-shoot of the SocJus language games for ending oppression by changing idioms. Sapir-Whorf hypothesis writ large. It makes no sense from a linguistic POV, but it's great for hot takes.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: UKIP is a marginal party rapidly attracting rightwing wonks who think there is a sniff of power to be had.

Farage is right to oppose Robinson for this reason. Labour should oppose the trots (i.e. it's extremists) in it's ranks in the same way.Maybe Batten should start a single-issue party about Islam, I'm sure such political megaminds as Sargon would love it. The whole thing is embarrassing hahaha.
Thing about Tommy Robinson is, I actually reckon he's a pretty sound bloke, overall. He's got bollocks, that's for sure, he has more politcal acumen than his detractors believe and it is genuinely scandalous the way he constantly gets harassed by the police. But he's also a massive liability, on account of his dunderheaded propensity to get involved in stupid shit which is sometimes dangerously stupid shit. Case in point being when he barged into Qulliam's offices. Now, whatever you may think of Quilliam, it does have to be said that a fair few people working for them have a very good reason for wanting to remain anonymous. But what does TR go and do? Barge in there univited with his fucking camera and get in everyone's faces while demanding, 'Wotchoo sayin about me being a white supremacist eh? Eh?'

It was so fucking stupid. He clearly hadn't thought about the wider picture here. Likewise with his recent idiocies involving him accosting various muslim nonces outside the courts. And yes, I know, he was treated unfairly here at least in part. But it still doesn't detract from the very fact that it's a stupid thing to do which really could jeapordise future trials.

Robinson's just not subtle enough. He's too blunt, and facing off against the kind of opponents who can really only be beaten by someone a lot sharper; the kind of nasty shites who always get away with spreading lies about him because he keeps on giving them just enough material to make their accusations look plausible.
Agreed. I think there is a distinct whiff of anti-intellectualism in *his support* (not necessarily from the man himself) and I think that is cause for concern. It's fervent ground left un-inoculated from fringey conspiratorial ideas.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

InfraRedBucket wrote: More from PETA. They are even getting slaughtered (pun intended) by vegans in the comments.

Can't we suggest changing non-animal idioms to now be s p e c i e s i s t ones?

I'll get it started:

One for the road : gun down a toad

See you later : Slay a gator

Make ends meet : Bake Hen's Meat

A foot in the door : A foot in the Deer

A nation of shopkeepers : A nation of game keepers

A sledgehammer to crack a nut : A sledgehammer to crack an innocent baby animal

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Does the first sentence of the quoted text hurt anyone else's head?

How can you hold such a position as a communist? It doesn't make any sense. I mean, it might be tautological as this person is clearly a fucking retard, but still.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote: Does the first sentence of the quoted text hurt anyone else's head?

How can you hold such a position as a communist? It doesn't make any sense. I mean, it might be tautological as this person is clearly a fucking retard, but still.
He's probably an anarcho-communist. They exist. They're heavily anti-state and pro-voluntary associations of people into democratic communes without any form of social hierarchy. Very idealist. Very unrealistic as well.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More info here:
Anarcho-communism (also known as anarchist communism,[1] free communism, stateless communism, libertarian communism[2][3][4][5][6] and communist anarchism)[7][8] is a political philosophy and theory of anarchism which advocates the abolition of the state, capitalism, wage labour and private property (while retaining respect for personal property, along with collectively-owned items, goods and services)[9] in favor of common ownership of the means of production,[10][11] direct democracy (among communes, participatory democracy), cooperativism, equal distribution of valuables, and a horizontal network of workers' councils with production and consumption based on the guiding principle: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".[12][13]
The abolition of money, prices, and wage labor is central to anarchist communism. With distribution of wealth being based on self-determined needs, people would be free to engage in whatever activities they found most fulfilling and would no longer have to engage in work for which they have neither the temperament nor the aptitude.[22]

Anarchist communists argue that there is no valid way of measuring the value of any one person's economic contributions because all wealth is a common product of current and preceding generations.[91] For instance, one could not measure the value of a factory worker's daily production without taking into account how transportation, food, water, shelter, relaxation, machine efficiency, emotional mood etc. contributed to their production. To truly give numerical economic value to anything, an overwhelming amount of externalities and contributing factors would need to be taken into account – especially current or past labor contributing to the ability to utilize future labor. As Kropotkin put it: "No distinction can be drawn between the work of each man. Measuring the work by its results leads us to absurdity; dividing and measuring them by hours spent on the work also leads us to absurdity. One thing remains: put the needs above the works, and first of all recognize the right to live, and later on, to the comforts of life, for all those who take their share in production.."[92]
As I said this is VERY unrealistic. Without a measure for the economic value of anything it's impossible to have a society larger than a group of friends or like-minded people in a commune.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Keating wrote: Declare war on Spain over Gibraltar.
Could always try and reclaim Brittany for the Britons.
But that would open up the possibility of a 'Give Angle Land Back to the Angles' movement.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guest_5433a21c wrote: A serious query for the ‘Pit: how is the activity of Social Justice and of Social Justice Warriors in Europe different to US SJWs?

In particular, the guilting, "reeeeeeing", doxing, and mobbing as exemplified by Peezus and his Horde?

Thanks!
Serious query from the Pit: who the fuck are you?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A sledgehammer to crack a nut : A sledgehammer to crack an innocent baby animal
In Canada we would say
A sledgehammer to crack a nut: A club to whack a baby seal

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sulman wrote: Does the first sentence of the quoted text hurt anyone else's head?

Cuz they aren't really commies, they're anarchists.

I've met these people. They imagine a fairyland world where everyone self-organizes into tiny collectives (hence the commie claim), with each individual free to pick & choose among collectives (who publishes & distributes the collective catalog, they haven't thought out so good).

When I meet such people, I tell them the first thing I'd do in their utopia is arm my little collective and start taking over the neighboring collectives. They cry out and ask but why? and I say to prevent you all from doing the same to me. When they insist they wouldn't do that, I tell em well I can't know for certain so better safe than sorry. But don't worry I treat my captured brood stock reasonably well. And all that is why large societies were organized in the first place so shut the fuck up and go read Leviathan you complete retard.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Kirbmarc wrote: More info here:
Anarcho-communism (also known as anarchist communism,[1] free communism, stateless communism, libertarian communism[2][3][4][5][6] and communist anarchism)[7][8] is a political philosophy and theory of anarchism which advocates the abolition of the state, capitalism, wage labour and private property (while retaining respect for personal property, along with collectively-owned items, goods and services)[9] in favor of common ownership of the means of production,[10][11] direct democracy (among communes, participatory democracy), cooperativism, equal distribution of valuables, and a horizontal network of workers' councils with production and consumption based on the guiding principle: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs".[12][13]
The abolition of money, prices, and wage labor is central to anarchist communism. With distribution of wealth being based on self-determined needs, people would be free to engage in whatever activities they found most fulfilling and would no longer have to engage in work for which they have neither the temperament nor the aptitude.[22]

Anarchist communists argue that there is no valid way of measuring the value of any one person's economic contributions because all wealth is a common product of current and preceding generations.[91] For instance, one could not measure the value of a factory worker's daily production without taking into account how transportation, food, water, shelter, relaxation, machine efficiency, emotional mood etc. contributed to their production. To truly give numerical economic value to anything, an overwhelming amount of externalities and contributing factors would need to be taken into account – especially current or past labor contributing to the ability to utilize future labor. As Kropotkin put it: "No distinction can be drawn between the work of each man. Measuring the work by its results leads us to absurdity; dividing and measuring them by hours spent on the work also leads us to absurdity. One thing remains: put the needs above the works, and first of all recognize the right to live, and later on, to the comforts of life, for all those who take their share in production.."[92]
As I said this is VERY unrealistic. Without a measure for the economic value of anything it's impossible to have a society larger than a group of friends or like-minded people in a commune.
I thought it would be something along those lines.

Even if you take the smallest unit of collectivism, say the cooperative, it absolutely falls apart unless there is consensus, and you can't assume such a system would work voluntarily. Freedom of association is one thing, but you would require a little more than that to prevent what would eventually become a black market, which such systems devolve to.

How can anarchism be systemic?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 am
I had to explain why I burst out laughing, and the LHG made me show it to her...
I bet she did! Say no more! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:
Steersman wrote: Playing it close to the vest? Don't want to give franc any more ammunition? ... ;-)
Happy to discuss any instances of actual doxing, of course, though that is tricky to do without Streisanding the problem.
Seem to recollect we'd exchanged a few comments on the topic following a post of yours at SkepticInk. Think the consensus was that, more or less, it shouldn't be an option entirely off the table.
d4m10n wrote: Anyhow, the Sally Strange persona will be missed. She was a veritable fountain of inarticulate rage.

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/iamcuriousblue/status/1053002548150452225
Indeed. Interesting though that the link to her Twitter account says "Account suspended" which looks a bit more than simply abandoning the field, unbloodied or not. Can't see that that is likely for having insisted that transwomen are not women ....

In any case, somewhat apropos of which:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sulman wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: More info here:

I thought it would be something along those lines.

Even if you take the smallest unit of collectivism, say the cooperative, it absolutely falls apart unless there is consensus, and you can't assume such a system would work voluntarily. Freedom of association is one thing, but you would require a little more than that to prevent what would eventually become a black market, which such systems devolve to.

It can't. It's a wonderful theory, but it's for the wrong species. Humans aren't ants.

free thoughtpolice

Sulman wrote:
Unfortunately the A+ commune at Chernobyl never quite got off the ground, it sounded like a well thought out project. :drool:
No sexual harassment, people would only work at jobs they enjoyed and the hours they would like to work. The wealth created by the various art studios and bloggers would be exported to the outside, and the profits would be divided equally, along the lines of The Orbit.
Did I mention a custom designed methane digester in every basement?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sulman wrote: <snip>

It can't. It's a wonderful theory, but it's for the wrong species. Humans aren't ants.
:-) Indeed.

Utopianism has its attractions and relevance, but far too many visions of such are predicated on untenable premises if not outright woo. Reminds me of some bits from an old [2007!] review of John Gray's Black Mass by A.C. Grayling, to wit:

In a nutshell the book consists in the repeated assertion that modern secularist thinking is utopian in aspiration, has inherited this aspiration from Christianity, has failed because its belief in progress is false and has in fact been violently regressive. The only thing that will replace it is more apocalyptic religion-inspired conflict, and – this with an Eeyore relish – all is therefore doom and gloom. ....

For starters this misreads Christianity, for which truths are eternal and the narrative is a very short story indeed (obey, get to heaven; disobey, do not get to heaven); but more to the point, it utterly misreads the secular view. The secular view is a true narrative of incremental improvement in the human condition through education and political action. Gray thinks that such a view must of necessity be utopian, as if everyone simplistically thought that making things better (in dentistry, in the rule of law, in child health, in international mechanisms for reducing conflict, and so forth for many things) absolutely had to be aimed at realising an ideal golden age to have any meaning. But it does not: trying to make things better is not the same as believing that they can be made perfect. That is a point Gray completely fails to grasp, and it vitiates his case. Since that is so, the point bears repeating: meliorism is not perfectibilism. ....

I found one thing almost to agree with: Gray says that politics “at its best” should not be thought of as a utopian endeavour but as a way of managing circumstances. Yes: and, with good and sensible intentions, to improve them where possible. This last bit is the one that Gray seems to suggest is impossible. Thankfully few but the most depressed share that view. ....
Indeed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A choice of flavours.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: A choice of flavours.

https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/1057274202284285952?s=21

https://twitter.com/razael_/status/1059582271294820352?s=21
:-)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steerzo ain't gonna like #3.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:

https://twitter.com/ClutchScience/status/1069702235825758208
Wonder if that "Jen Phillips" - "Run, Swim, Mom, Science. Zebrafish models of Usher syndrome ..." - is the one I had some "exchanges" with over on Ed Brayton's Culture Dispatches several years ago on definitions:
jenniferphillips (#65) wrote:I think there needs to be some internet law, á lá Godwin and Scopie, whereby invoking a dictionary definition as part of your argument results in forfeit.
Steersman wrote:Good idea. Why not follow that up by burning all of the dictionaries so that no one can ever use a dictionary in any argument ever again. And then all of the books that you personally disagree with ….
Link probably doesn't work or just goes to Brayton's blog at Patheos where, somewhat unfortunately, only the blog posts themselves are copied - no comments.
AndrewV69 wrote: For the Twatter impaired, a direct link to the Ed Yong article The CRISPR Baby Scandal Gets Worse by the Day

Full disclosure : Yong has me blocked on Twatter. :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder why that might be ... :think: ;)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:

https://twitter.com/peta/status/107006604741434572
Steerzo ain't gonna like #3.
Who? Me? The hell you say ... ;-)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

re: Sally Strange

All I can remember about her is that she was a bit off. Stunned, or walking around in a daze I guess you could say.

So I did a search and it appears that her old Twatter account @SallyStrange has been suspended somewhere around June of this year. I found her blog (well it looks like it) but it has not been updated since Jan 2014.

What really struck me about her was at one point she once posted a photo of herself which she captioned as "sexy" or something like that. She had very deep dark circles under each eye.

She looked as if she had run into a door several times, on each side of her head, and/or as if she had not had any sleep for three months

All of this apparently escaped her. Instead all she saw was that she was "sexy".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Mz_IqpZX8

free thoughtpolice

dog lover.PNG
(392.3 KiB) Downloaded 255 times

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

free thoughtpolice wrote: dog lover.PNG
Where's PETA when you need them?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote:
Taking pictures of people in bed with cows, chickens and pigs. :twatson:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Running small animal shelters with 90% kill rates.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

So my Laguiole came in a few days ago and I have been playing with it ever since.

It is beautiful. It has all the features I wanted, including the bee and shepherd's cross. The file work is superb. Pretty happy with it but there is no way this thing is leaving the house. Not right now at any rate. If I have to put on a suit and tie, which still happens from time to time, that is when I will take it with me.

https://cdn.couteau-laguiole.com/1953-t ... handle.jpg

Now I have had a lot of experience with slip joint knives, when I was younger, and as they were cheap, there was no hesitation in doing things to it like weakening the spring. If you fucked it up in any way you just replaced it. Weakening the spring is not an option with this knife.

This knife It is a work of art. Did I mention it is beautiful? It was also a trial run at 114,12 € as what I had in mind was something a bit more expensive for myself and I thought I would get one to check it out, and if I was happy with it, get a couple more for birthday gifts next year.

Anyway, this knife is not fooling around at all. You could say it has character. You could say it is cantankerous. If you fuck up when opening or closing it, it is going to fuck you up. The blade is 12c27 steel and it is sharp, not to mention the pointy end is pretty pointy.

So far so good though. I very much like it. But I would not recommend it as an every day carry.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I forgot to mention,

Phil is forbidden to be in the same room as a Laguiole knife much less touch one. Owning one is forbidden. Because we all know what will happen.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gillibrand is staking her claim -- she wants to be the social justice asshole in the race for president 2020.

What's REALLY GREAT: Nobody likes this. Her virtue preening is getting her clobbered :dance:

https://i.imgur.com/CtVBIEf.png

https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/statu ... 0298186753

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AndrewV69 wrote: re: Sally Strange

All I can remember about her is that she was a bit off. Stunned, or walking around in a daze I guess you could say.

So I did a search and it appears that her old Twatter account @SallyStrange has been suspended somewhere around June of this year. I found her blog (well it looks like it) but it has not been updated since Jan 2014.

What really struck me about her was at one point she once posted a photo of herself which she captioned as "sexy" or something like that. She had very deep dark circles under each eye.

She looked as if she had run into a door several times, on each side of her head, and/or as if she had not had any sleep for three months

All of this apparently escaped her. Instead all she saw was that she was "sexy".
https://i.imgur.com/j0AL8XS.jpg

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

AndrewV69 wrote: I forgot to mention,

Phil is forbidden to be in the same room as a Laguiole knife much less touch one. Owning one is forbidden. Because we all know what will happen.
I don’t know, Four Finger Phil has kind of a ring to it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Yep. That is the photo.

Is it ironic that apparently instead of looking at her eyes, she was focused on her tits? If a guy did that there would be hell to pay.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

mordacious1 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:20 pm

He needs all of his fingers. If you slip up opening or closing the blade, you risk at a minimum a stab, a slice, or a deep chop on your finger(s) and/or palm or any other part of you hand(s).

Phil needs safety glasses and at a minimum, oven mitts if he is within 50 yards of that knife. He needs to stay away. Far away.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Damndest bloody thing. I'm looking at the federated timeline on Mastodon, and who do I see?

https://eldritch.cafe/@SallyStrange

Still as mad as a box of frogs.

free thoughtpolice

On my list of toys to buy myself for Xmas. Not really...

A Chapman Stick?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Best concert I've ever seen in my life has had Levin playing a Stick. As have the second and third best. All King Crimson. Not the fourth. But the fifth one too. Levin is an amazing musician.

Keating

Post by Keating »

McWhorter is really impressive in this debate:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wasn’t there a pedo angle to her?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Wasn’t there a pedo angle to her?
She force-kissed her 9 year old brother when she was 12. That's the only story I know of and it probably isn't true -- she needed an illustrative anecdote to assure Ogvorbis he wasn't a singularly bad guy.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tyson has been Buzzfed, and with a 4th "accuser". Looks like his ass is deGrasse.

On the other hand, for all the damage Buzzfeed ever had on Shermer, he's probably got a long, happy career of rape and pillage ahead of him.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

If a picture paints a thousand words.

A Sign of our time. Paris 2018.

https://i.imgur.com/ABe3BQd.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hunt wrote: Tyson has been Buzzfed, and with a 4th "accuser". Looks like his ass is deGrasse.

On the other hand, for all the damage Buzzfeed ever had on Shermer, he's probably got a long, happy career of rape and pillage ahead of him.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guy makes a valid point: Why would Tyson drug and rape a woman he's already in a sexual relationship with? Though Amet has denied this, and of course, the SocJus will say it's irrelevant (but we all know it is). Further, the later allegations all stem from the first, most serious, claim poisoning the well against him. The Hollywood producer chick (Watson? why are they always called "Watson"?) specifically said she was warned against Tyson and dismissed the story as crazy. Yeah, sure: There does not exist a woman on Earth who isn't going to subliminally judge a man who has a claim of rape against him. So the whole mess boils down to whether Amet's claim is lucid, and prima facie it doesn't seem to be the most solid account of rape ever given. Pharyngula commenters, for all their lundacy, were correct to bring up sleep paralysis and/or lucid dreaming.

Of course, this could all fall to shit tomorrow. We might be presented with hard evidence (if you will) that he exchanged bj's for good grades, or that he was never in a relationship with Amet.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote: If a picture paints a thousand words.

A Sign of our time. Paris 2018.

https://i.imgur.com/ABe3BQd.png
What do you think this says?

I've seen people post this because it shows the vapidity of consumerism. I've also seen it posted to make a point about protesters selfishly ruining people's daily lives. Or as a statement about social media culture.

It's a bit of a canvas for projection, this.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I explain that in the normal course of things, Canukistan is full of "fuck you".

I am being perfectly serious. Scoff if you will, but I am speaking the plain unvarnished truth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote: What do you think this says?

I've seen people post this because it shows the vapidity of consumerism. I've also seen it posted to make a point about protesters selfishly ruining people's daily lives. Or as a statement about social media culture.

All of those are valid arguments DrokkIt. Personally I take the view of it being a sign of our ever increasing vacuous youth who see life revolving around instagram and the instant gratification they get from social media and totally unaware of what is actually happening in a world that will effect their whole future.

I find that to be truly frightening.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Perhaps you prefer things to be spelt out more clearly - like when King Burger went to war with Donald McRonald.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: Perhaps you prefer things to be spelt out more clearly - like when King Burger went to war with Donald McRonald.
They both just wanted to build a wall to keep out Gen. Taco Bell.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

mordacious1 wrote:

Not on the fifth finger, he doesn't.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:

I finally understand 'heroin chic'.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:

All of those are valid arguments DrokkIt. Personally I take the view of it being a sign of our ever increasing vacuous youth who see life revolving around instagram and the instant gratification they get from social media and totally unaware of what is actually happening in a world that will effect their whole future.

I find that to be truly frightening.
Fair, that's pretty much what I'd take from it. Seen a lot of... different.. takes though.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: Guy makes a valid point: Why would Tyson drug and rape a woman he's already in a sexual relationship with? Though Amet has denied this, and of course, the SocJus will say it's irrelevant (but we all know it is). Further, the later allegations all stem from the first, most serious, claim poisoning the well against him. The Hollywood producer chick (Watson? why are they always called "Watson"?) specifically said she was warned against Tyson and dismissed the story as crazy. Yeah, sure: There does not exist a woman on Earth who isn't going to subliminally judge a man who has a claim of rape against him. So the whole mess boils down to whether Amet's claim is lucid, and prima facie it doesn't seem to be the most solid account of rape ever given. Pharyngula commenters, for all their lundacy, were correct to bring up sleep paralysis and/or lucid dreaming.

Of course, this could all fall to shit tomorrow. We might be presented with hard evidence (if you will) that he exchanged bj's for good grades, or that he was never in a relationship with Amet.
Tchya Amet's account actually undermines the case against Tyson. You've got three allegations of abusing one's position & power to openly hit on chicks, vs. one of slipping a mickey and raping a passed out woman. This is a third rail topic, but Amet's mental stability is a factor in assessing her claim. And she's a complete whack job. Buzzfeed reports she says she'd been raped numerous times in her life. So either she's been extremely unfortunate, or regularly confuses consensual sex for nonconsensual post hoc.

Amet's accusation must be tossed aside, and the focus directed to the three (and counting?) accusations that are consistent with each other. And it's starting to look like NdGT is yet another creepy horndog 'atheist hero'.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

AndrewV69 wrote: I explain that in the normal course of things, Canukistan is full of "fuck you".

I am being perfectly serious. Scoff if you will, but I am speaking the plain unvarnished truth.
In the southern US it is "bless your heart".

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fairytale of New York problematic? ... Of course it fucking is :naughty:
"This debate rolls around again. I asked the two gay members of my team how they feel, since faggot is their N word.
:lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/c ... w-13696651

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Driftless wrote: In the southern US it is "bless your heart".
Awa 'n' bile yer heid.

Or...

Gie yersel' peace.

Those are the cleanest you'll get in Caledonia.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Driftless wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: I explain that in the normal course of things, Canukistan is full of "fuck you".

In the southern US it is "bless your heart".
In Britain it means "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide".