Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Old subthreads
KiwiInOz

Re: Naked fat black crippled dykes are hard to find...

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: Hey Service Dog, have you ever thought of writing a book? Sounds like you've had an interesting life mate.
Yeah-- I'm often told I should write a book. I am really bad at intentional, conscientious follow-thru.
I tend to place myself in abundant circumstances, where opportunities just-kinda rain-down... & I grab more than my fair share out of the sky/ let a lot get-away. But pursuing a discreet project from beginning to middle to end is usually beyond-me. I do see myself changing as I age-- getting more satisfaction from persistence. So... maybe someday. I bought a cheap guitar a few days ago-- to see if I'd stick-with learning to play it.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/imag ... 088463.jpg
We need a gonzo ghost writer to spend time with you.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Great.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hunt wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:12 pm
FtB has been down for a full 10 hours or so. PZ must have really thrown a monkey wrench into it.
Maybe Peez shouldn't have alienated Braxton instead of assuming one of the new female FTBloggers of Color who know shit about tech while complaining so many female tech people are ordered out of the industry.

Or maybe Peez should hire a transwoman of color to run the tech side like Braxton did. Why won't he do so?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

The long-haired general, "busy" on nightshift, just texted me with this because I'm a massive "Excalibur" fan...

Neeson's reaction to seeing Mirren is classic bloke! I had no idea they used to be a unit!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

D'ya reckon they had a quicky for old times sake? :P

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Well, he ain't wrong. This time.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm sure Ray Winstone and Bill Nighy find those twitter pics to be slanderous.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:55 pm
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Driftless wrote:
Driftless wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: (Good on you for looking after the horses! After calamities there are always too many animals that come to a nasty end.)
I run a horse rescue now, so it's kinda my job.
Do you get help from your neighbors, or do they bridle at the suggestion?
They are chomping at the bit to help.
But I'm sure Matt would do the right thing and not put the cart before the horse.
OK, that last one was kind of lame.
There's a fine for bad jokes. Come on, pony up.
You are just trying to stirrup trouble.
In-houyhnhnm how y'all are flogging that beastly theme; no sense at all ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The New Evolution Deniers

Despite there being zero evidence in favor of Blank Slate psychology, and a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this belief has entrenched itself within the walls of many university humanities departments where it is often taught as fact. Now, armed with what they perceive to be an indisputable truth questioned only by sexist bigots, they respond with well-practiced outrage to alternative views. This has resulted in a chilling effect that causes scientists to self-censor, lest these activists accuse them of bigotry and petition their departments for their dismissal. I’ve been privately contacted by close, like-minded colleagues warning me that my public feuds with social justice activists on social media could be occupational suicide, and that I should disengage and delete my comments immediately. My experience is anything but unique, and the problem is intensifying. Having successfully cultivated power over administrations and silenced faculty by inflicting reputational terrorism on their critics and weaponizing their own fragility and outrage, one fears whether there was no belief or claim too dubious that administrations wouldn’t cater to. Recently, this fear has been realized as social justice activists attempt to jump the epistemological shark by claiming that the very notion of biological sex, too, is a social construct.

As a biologist, it is hard to understand how anyone could believe something so outlandish. It’s a belief on a par with the belief in a flat Earth. I first saw this claim being made this year by anthropology graduate students on Facebook. At first I thought they mistyped and were simply referring to gender. But as I began to pay closer attention, it was clear that they were indeed talking about biological sex. Over the next several months it became apparent that this view was not isolated to this small friend circle, as it began cropping up all over the Internet. In support of this view, recent editorials from Scientific American—an ostensibly trustworthy, scientific, and apolitical online magazine—are often referenced. The titles read, “Sex Redefined: The Idea of 2 Sexes Is Overly Simplistic,” and “Visualizing Sex as a Spectrum.”
Unfucking believeable, isn't it. All largely predicated on or underwritten by a steadfast and remarkably pigheaded refusal to actually define precisely what is meant by "sex" in the first place - i.e., the production of gametes. That Aeon article that PZ had linked to as some sort of refutation of the Quillette article you linked to uses the word "sex" only once in the entire exercise, and that's only in the word "sexuality".

Equally demented and in the same vein as those SA articles is a recent one at Slate, shamefully published in their "Science" section, titled We Finally Understand That Gender Isn’t Binary. Sex Isn’t, Either. I argued in a comment there that the article "belongs in the pseudo-science one along with 'scholarly' essays on astrology and phrenology." And that the argument peddled was "as cretinous as to insist - since there are many teenagers (BY DEFINITION, those between 13 & 19 inclusive) who are tall, short, male, female, intersex, etc - that therefore 'teenager' is a spectrum". So many are so fucking clueless about the differences between essential and defining attributes, on the one hand, and those that merely differentially correlate with those, on the other.

And somewhat along the same line that you might also be interested in is a recent article at Areo, Alice Dreger’s Middle Finger: Sex, Gender and Unhelpful Hair-Splitting, where both Shatterface and I have been weighing-in, hopefully to some effect. But particularly depressing though that Dreger seems to have hoisted the same odious and Lysenkoist flag that SA and others are rallying around.

In any case, welcome "back" - so to speak. Had been wondering recently if you'd survived your "ordeal by fire", but had figured that CFB or others here were likely keeping tabs on you.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Really? wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:12 pm
FtB has been down for a full 10 hours or so. PZ must have really thrown a monkey wrench into it.
Maybe Peez shouldn't have alienated Braxton instead of assuming one of the new female FTBloggers of Color who know shit about tech while complaining so many female tech people are ordered out of the industry.

Or maybe Peez should hire a transwoman of color to run the tech side like Braxton did. Why won't he do so?
I think you probably mean Ed Brayton, now at Patheos having, wisely, jumped ship at the sadly misnamed Freethought Blogs. Although I'm not at all sure that the less mephitic air at Patheos did him or his point-of-view much if any good.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Bhurzum wrote: Has this been linked/chewed up already? Neil DeGrasse Tyson made a FB post (re: sexual harassment claims):

From the comments:
Really? The alt-right/MAGA due process argument? I thought you were better than that.
Christ on a bike..."the alt-right/MAGA due process argument" :lol:
Tyson brilliantly deploys the "bitch be crazy" defense in an off-hand way:
For me, what was most significant, was that in this new life, long after dropping out of astrophysics graduate school, she was posting videos of colored tuning forks endowed with vibrational therapeutic energy that she channels from the orbiting planets. As a scientist, I found this odd. Meanwhile, according to her blog posts, the drug and rape allegation comes from an assumption of what happened to her during a night that she cannot remember. It is as though a false memory had been implanted, which, because it never actually happened, had to be remembered as an evening she doesn’t remember. Nor does she remember waking up the next morning and going to the office. I kept a record of everything she posted, in case her stories morphed over time. So this is sad, which, for me, defies explanation.
I don't know what to make of Amet's claim, whether bitch be lyin', crazy, or telling the factual truth. What's more interesting is the other accusations, the women who had these relatively innocuous encounters, hugged Tyson, or left on amicable terms, and then later make claims of "creepiness". I say this because this seems to be something of a pattern. It's not just women who seem to process experience, then later conclude that something nefarious happened to them; it's a universal male/female phenomenon. I definitely think there's a certain amount of coaching involved, whether by individuals, or the cultural milieu around a person. I wonder if these people where really "creeped out" in real time, or if they came upon the thought that they should be, by ruminating and discussing it with friends.

For better or worse, I think the Kavenaugh hearings have had a significant effect on post-hoc claims by women of sexual misconduct. The K hearings proved that the public at large are not as sold on "believing the victim" as cloistered academic groups think. As with the Trump win, this seems to be a case of left-wing reality distortion and head in the sand thinking.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:

Despite there being zero evidence in favor of Blank Slate psychology, and a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this belief has entrenched itself within the walls of many university humanities departments where it is often taught as fact. Now, armed with what they perceive to be an indisputable truth questioned only by sexist bigots, they respond with well-practiced outrage to alternative views. This has resulted in a chilling effect that causes scientists to self-censor, lest these activists accuse them of bigotry and petition their departments for their dismissal. I’ve been privately contacted by close, like-minded colleagues warning me that my public feuds with social justice activists on social media could be occupational suicide, and that I should disengage and delete my comments immediately. My experience is anything but unique, and the problem is intensifying. Having successfully cultivated power over administrations and silenced faculty by inflicting reputational terrorism on their critics and weaponizing their own fragility and outrage, one fears whether there was no belief or claim too dubious that administrations wouldn’t cater to. Recently, this fear has been realized as social justice activists attempt to jump the epistemological shark by claiming that the very notion of biological sex, too, is a social construct.

As a biologist, it is hard to understand how anyone could believe something so outlandish. It’s a belief on a par with the belief in a flat Earth. I first saw this claim being made this year by anthropology graduate students on Facebook. At first I thought they mistyped and were simply referring to gender. But as I began to pay closer attention, it was clear that they were indeed talking about biological sex. Over the next several months it became apparent that this view was not isolated to this small friend circle, as it began cropping up all over the Internet. In support of this view, recent editorials from Scientific American—an ostensibly trustworthy, scientific, and apolitical online magazine—are often referenced. The titles read, “Sex Redefined: The Idea of 2 Sexes Is Overly Simplistic,” and “Visualizing Sex as a Spectrum.”
Unfucking believeable, isn't it. All largely predicated on or underwritten by a steadfast and remarkably pigheaded refusal to actually define precisely what is meant by "sex" in the first place - i.e., the production of gametes. That Aeon article that PZ had linked to as some sort of refutation of the Quillette article you linked to uses the word "sex" only once in the entire exercise, and that's only in the word "sexuality".

Equally demented and in the same vein as those SA articles is a recent one at Slate, shamefully published in their "Science" section, titled We Finally Understand That Gender Isn’t Binary. Sex Isn’t, Either. I argued in a comment there that the article "belongs in the pseudo-science one along with 'scholarly' essays on astrology and phrenology." And that the argument peddled was "as cretinous as to insist - since there are many teenagers (BY DEFINITION, those between 13 & 19 inclusive) who are tall, short, male, female, intersex, etc - that therefore 'teenager' is a spectrum". So many are so fucking clueless about the differences between essential and defining attributes, on the one hand, and those that merely differentially correlate with those, on the other.

And somewhat along the same line that you might also be interested in is a recent article at Areo, Alice Dreger’s Middle Finger: Sex, Gender and Unhelpful Hair-Splitting, where both Shatterface and I have been weighing-in, hopefully to some effect. But particularly depressing though that Dreger seems to have hoisted the same odious and Lysenkoist flag that SA and others are rallying around.

In any case, welcome "back" - so to speak. Had been wondering recently if you'd survived your "ordeal by fire", but had figured that CFB or others here were likely keeping tabs on you.
I've thawed out now (power outage lasted 25 hours, but the water pipes didn't freeze, and nor did I thanks to Underarmour Base 4.0), and as my brain has begun to light up again I see the worms have eaten a little further into our collective consciousness. I'm going to need two anchors to make this case, and the first will be the well-known scene in '1984' where O'Brien makes Winston* finally agree that 2+2=5, with the explication that 'truth' is whatever the Party decrees. The second anchor will be less well-known in specifics, but perhaps familiar to many in other examples. Long ago I worked in a community hospital, where the community raised the funds to build it and run it, and then also provided a board of interested people to conduct the management. I had my issues with that board, where parish politics, romanticism and egos competed with medical science and economics. Eventually it was swallowed by the province and all local governance is gone, resulting in me finally seeing that the old ways were better. That's not my point, which is that with provincial government takeover, the staff discovered that they had to be unionised, and with that the union felt there was a need to make a point. The very first thing, days after unionisation, was the introduction of a 'no scent' policy. Rather silly and bizarre, you might think, but far more devious than you might realise at the time. No one at the hospital, staff or patient, had ever made a complaint about perfumes and scents. No one claimed any form of 'environmental sensitivity'. Frankly, we enjoyed the brief moments when artifice smelled better than bodily wastes and pathological secretions. In retrospect, the reason for the new policy was not to respond to complaints, not to satisfy an unmet need, nor to improve upon anything from our point of view. It was a demonstration of power, and all the better that it was about an issue that had no resonance whatsoever with the staff. It said 'We can come in and change things, even things you don't want changed, and you can do nothing about it.'

Both of those situations are essentially similar - making a subject agree with the purported 'truth' of a proposition as a demonstration of control and power. When you are asked to remain silent when ideologues tell you that sex is a spectrum that is a social construct, you are seeing the thin end of the wedge. Very soon there will be progress towards ends and goals requiring other agreements with objective untruths for the greater good. Watch out.

*Winston Smith must have been a deliberate selection as a name. 'Winston' in 1947/1948 could only have evoked Churchill, popular, wise and successful in war (even though defeated in an election that was one of the most remarkable examples of democracy in action: the nation choosing to reward itself for it's suffering with Attlee's welfare state despite remaining fond of and grateful to WSC). Combine that with 'Smith' the archetypal common English surname, and possibly the most successful pseudonym ever, and you have all that is best instilled into the common man, or perhaps even into the commonest man. All to drive home the point that Winston Smith is YOU, and what happens to him can happen to you.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I look forward to hearing Becky's take on the NdT (her friend) accusations, after all she was so sure that Brett Kavanaugh's accuser was being truthful because a woman must be believed on such things right?

I expect tumble weed.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: I look forward to hearing Becky's take on the NdT (her friend) accusations, after all she was so sure that Brett Kavanaugh's accuser was being truthful because a woman must be believed on such things right?

I expect tumble weed.
Some one with access to her - should alert her of the plight of the common Thot - ie the current audit. Though I'm sure everything is in order financially.

nb That it's taken me over 3 days to even think of this shows how firmly I place M. Watson in a different category.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers has a post up with the ridiculously overblown and self-worthy title of "I am satisfied by Neil deGrasse Tyson’s response". Like this white man has the final say on whether a black man is guilty or not of sexual misconduct against women, and we should read his pronouncement and take heed.

There is a truly disgusting comment from a regular commenter under the post. Meyers's Herd are pushing hard on this one for some reason, desperately trying to create and push a narrative that Tyson's accusers are crazy old witches, and now we have them spinning internet diagnoses entirely out of straw. Meyers is desperate that Tyson be seen as innocent, for some reason. Perhaps for Becky Watson's sake? Or perhaps Meyers sees Tyson as his final chance to make it big, perhaps get a spot on some TV show? See, this game of making up theories on the basis of little evidence is easy.

https://i.imgur.com/bRptPWS.png

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Christmas has come a few weeks early for the cuckfriend .. or Indy :?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

For Watson - I'm assuming 'Other' - IRS Agent.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers has a post up with the ridiculously overblown and self-worthy title of "I am satisfied by Neil deGrasse Tyson’s response". Like this white man has the final say on whether a black man is guilty or not of sexual misconduct against women, and we should read his pronouncement and take heed.

There is a truly disgusting comment from a regular commenter under the post. Meyers's Herd are pushing hard on this one for some reason, desperately trying to create and push a narrative that Tyson's accusers are crazy old witches, and now we have them spinning internet diagnoses entirely out of straw. Meyers is desperate that Tyson be seen as innocent, for some reason. Perhaps for Becky Watson's sake? Or perhaps Meyers sees Tyson as his final chance to make it big, perhaps get a spot on some TV show? See, this game of making up theories on the basis of little evidence is easy.

NdT is a black man, so Whitey Peezus cannot shit on him like he did with Shermer or Radford, at least not until his betters tell him that it's Not Problematic to do so.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

shoutinghorse wrote: Christmas has come a few weeks early for the cuckfriend .. or Indy :?

The Minnesotan Spunk Dumpling.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers has a post up with the ridiculously overblown and self-worthy title of "I am satisfied by Neil deGrasse Tyson’s response". Like this white man has the final say on whether a black man is guilty or not of sexual misconduct against women, and we should read his pronouncement and take heed.

Yesterday, Peez was discussing what to do about NGT's problematic lack of diversity in his Twitter follows. It's a good thing Tyson posted his account since then or the little Kommissar would have been "not satisfied" or worse today.

https://i.imgur.com/dnxsU0i.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I always wondered why Peez walked around with his mouth open all the time.

https://i.imgur.com/TjyZUI6.png

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Destroying the reputation of sci-comm superstars makes for some strange bedfellows... :twatson:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote:
From Aeon:
A large number of genetic variants that are common in the population have now been associated with intelligence. Each of these by itself has only a tiny effect, but collectively they account for about 10 per cent of the variance in intelligence across the studied population.
Perhaps one of you sciencey types could check, but I believe the author has misinterpreted the results of the study they cite. It found a total of six different correlations: .05, .10, .12, .16, .18, & .34.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4879186/

Equally demented and in the same vein as those SA articles is a recent one at Slate, shamefully published in their "Science" section, titled We Finally Understand That Gender Isn’t Binary. Sex Isn’t, Either.
In which the author makes the earth-shattering discovery that distribution curves overlap.

Dreger has always been one of the few sane voices, and I'm not quite sure what point behind her tweet was. That article is a hot mess, not even good enough to be wrong.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Code: Select all

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner/status/1066353013244219393
Well, he ain't wrong. This time.
???

Sure a lot of pushback happening against Twitter's "rules" on that issue, one of the better ones being one at Forbes by transwoman (apparently; one assumes) Julian Vigo: Big Tech's Threat To Freedom Of Expression.

Though I'm a bit depressed to see that the NYTimes seems supportive of Twitter: How Twitter’s Ban on ‘Deadnaming’ Promotes Free Speech, also by a transwoman (one again assumes), Parker Molloy. Even if one might reasonably argue there are in fact at least two different aspects in play, i.e., deadnaming, and arguing that transwomen [compound word, like "crayfish" which ain't] are not women.

But all of that pushback seems to have had some effect on Twitter "policy" on that score as I've seen many tweets asserting the latter lately. And I've done likewise repeatedly, and haven't yet been banned (again) despite complaints from several of the #TransLoonie crowd:

Maybe not surprisingly, old Nickie decided to block me following that exchange. Never seem so many gutless wonders, so ready to stick their heads in the sand - or some other place etc - at the first sign of a "discouraging word". Though I'm a bit disappointed that "Glinner" has done likewise to me, and that despite previously liking several of my other comments; but maybe he's had a change of heart, read the writing on the wall, since then.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: Christmas has come a few weeks early for the cuckfriend .. or Indy :?

The pinworm you just fished out of your BF's ass?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

PMSL Matt :lol: :clap:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Despite there being zero evidence in favor of Blank Slate psychology, and a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this belief has entrenched itself within the walls of many university humanities departments where it is often taught as fact. Now, armed with what they perceive to be an indisputable truth questioned only by sexist bigots, they respond with well-practiced outrage to alternative views. ....

In support of this view, recent editorials from Scientific American—an ostensibly trustworthy, scientific, and apolitical online magazine—are often referenced. The titles read, “Sex Redefined: The Idea of 2 Sexes Is Overly Simplistic,” and “Visualizing Sex as a Spectrum.”

I've thawed out now (power outage lasted 25 hours, but the water pipes didn't freeze, and nor did I thanks to Underarmour Base 4.0), ....
Glad to see you've survived the latest vicisitudes that Mother Nature - bitch that She is - decides to throw at us. :-) Here in BC we've more or less recently had a pipeline explosion which seems likely to reduce the natural gas supply for several months: Enbridge pipeline explosion in B.C. may lead to natural gas shortage. I figure that buying up the supply of electrical heaters may pay dividends - "buy low, sell high". ;-)

But rather depressing if not scarey to realize how dependent we all are on the technology & services we've come to rely on.
screwtape wrote: ... and as my brain has begun to light up again I see the worms have eaten a little further into our collective consciousness. I'm going to need two anchors to make this case, and the first will be the well-known scene in '1984' where O'Brien makes Winston* finally agree that 2+2=5, with the explication that 'truth' is whatever the Party decrees. ....
Indeed. Been tweeting thither & yon for some time a nice encapsulation of that, and of much of your later arguments, which comes from a Quillette article:

Quillette_Orwell_Words.jpg
(91.07 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
screwtape wrote: The second anchor will be less well-known in specifics, but perhaps familiar to many in other examples. Long ago I worked in a community hospital, where the community raised the funds to build it and run it, and then also provided a board of interested people to conduct the management. .... It was a demonstration of power, and all the better that it was about an issue that had no resonance whatsoever with the staff. It said 'We can come in and change things, even things you don't want changed, and you can do nothing about it.'
Reminds me of a quote of Bertrand Russell I'd seen a long time ago, and finally managed to track down again: "The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists. That is why they invented Hell." Related thereto, something that knocked me back on my heels when I first ran across it several years ago:
The term "abominable fancy" was first used by Frederic Farrar [1831-1903] for the long-standing Christian idea that the eternal punishment of the damned in Hell would entertain the saved.
Nice people, though clearly the religious - or even "moralists" - don't have a lock on that "sentiment". Apropos of which, there's the game Bureaucracy which was apparently "scripted by comic science fiction author Douglas Adams." Should all be put onto the Arc B and sent off into space ahead of the rest of us - assuming we don't all die of a virus caused by a lack of "telephone sanitizers" ...
screwtape wrote: Both of those situations are essentially similar - making a subject agree with the purported 'truth' of a proposition as a demonstration of control and power. When you are asked to remain silent when ideologues tell you that sex is a spectrum that is a social construct, you are seeing the thin end of the wedge. Very soon there will be progress towards ends and goals requiring other agreements with objective untruths for the greater good. Watch out.
Amen to that. Large part of the reason - apart from having few other hobbies to take up my free time ... - why I've been so vociferous - not-to-say, flogging-a-deadish-horse - on the issue of transgenderism. It really is a remarkably stark and cogent illustration of that idea of the "Party" dictating "objective truths", and what should be stomped on all over - with hobnail boots - when and wherever it manifests itself. But nice to see that many others are utilizing that meme of "2+2=?", particularly in that context:

As "they" say, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Maybe moot how "free" we are if that is the cost of it, but sure seems less expensive than the alternatives.
screwtape wrote: *Winston Smith must have been a deliberate selection as a name. 'Winston' in 1947/1948 could only have evoked Churchill, popular, wise and successful in war .... All to drive home the point that Winston Smith is YOU, and what happens to him can happen to you.
Ditto. "First they came for ..."; Orwell:
There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always — do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.
Bit of a thorny question though as to the necessity for surveilance of one sort or another - "Big Brother is Watching". Fact of the matter is that many people seem to follow the law only because they think they'll get caught if they transgress and that they're being watched, one way or another. Human nature, some aspects more problematic than others.

Keating

Post by Keating »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:49 am
shoutinghorse wrote: I look forward to hearing Becky's take on the NdT (her friend) accusations, after all she was so sure that Brett Kavanaugh's accuser was being truthful because a woman must be believed on such things right?

I expect tumble weed.
Some one with access to her - should alert her of the plight of the common Thot - ie the current audit. Though I'm sure everything is in order financially.

nb That it's taken me over 3 days to even think of this shows how firmly I place M. Watson in a different category.
I hate you for making me collapse those categories too.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

MarcusAu wrote:

I expect tumble weed.
Christ, imagine the queue of men who would be subpoenaed as material witnesses in that case. Just an endless row of Meyers lookalikes.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I could not believe my eyes.

So I downloaded the paper : ftp://repec.iza.org/RePEc/Discussionpaper/dp11933.pdf (the figures & tables are missing!!!) and yes, the authors refuse to accept the results and argue that the reality of the results was based on their not setting things up correctly and that this is a problem ... .
:o :o :o
Additionally, we examined whether these mate preferences were driven by a preference
to find a partner with a similar education level, also denoted as educational assortative
mating. We found that this was not the case on Tinder, in contrast to findings in an offline
setting and on classic online dating websites (supra, Section 2). We argued that the lack of
evidence for educational assortative mating on Tinder was due to our experimental design

which allowed us to (i) examine actual (instead of stated) mate preferences, (ii) eliminate
search frictions, and (iii) eliminate social frictions. As previous studies have shown that
educational assortative mating enforces income inequality (Mare, 1991; Blossfeld &
Buchholz, 2009; Eika, Mogstad, & Zafar, 2014; Greenwood, Guner, Kocharkov, & Santos,
2014; Hu & Qian, 2015), the decrease in assortative mating due to the recently popular
mobile dating apps such as Tinder may have important implications for the income
distribution across households in today’s society
Any man (not a soyboy) could have told them from the start that generally men as a whole do not give a flying fuck about a woman's educational attainment.

The current college level "assortative mating" by educational level is due to men selecting from a pool that is constrained because the barrier to entry ensures that only educated women are present.

Men are not looking for women with similar educational attainment on Tinder. What they are looking for are attractive women to have sex with. My understand is that Tinder was a rip off of Grinder, the homo hookup app.

WomenAreNotDecoraction.jpg
(181.07 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Women are not for decoration ... except for when they are? :doh: :doh: :doh:

franc

Post by franc »

You wanna know when you are truly alive? When you are awake to the point that you can't deny being alive and alert and you can't evade it by any other means?

When you have to shove a suppository up your old mans ass because his colon refuses to work for the same excuses as Becky Watson. "I'm fat stupid sludge and immovable".

Haw, funniest home video except I needed two hands.

This has to be seen to be believed. Awesome if you're a gerontophiliac scat freak. And I'm sure at least one of Peezee's retards are. Viva le fuck me. I get to do it again tomorrow.

franc

Post by franc »

d4m10n wrote: Destroying the reputation of sci-comm superstars makes for some strange bedfellows... :twatson:
Oh look, it's a moralising whore that denounces whores like peezee and also, like Sir Galahad, denounces doxing while feeding dox info on the sly to whoever will take it. What are you doing back here you whore? You are as vile as peezee Damo. I don't buy your shit you slut. Nor should anyone else. Bitten once, twice, you are an abject image of human worthlessness Damo. Crawl back to SkepticInk where they still turn a blind eye,

franc

Post by franc »

Let's just remind folds about how you whore yourself d4m10n -

http://tinyimg.io/i/zp7UZsi.png

franc

Post by franc »

wrote: Destroying the reputation of sci-comm superstars makes for some strange bedfellows... :twatson:
d4m10n is a cappuccino hipster, This is a chickenshit that will never commit to anything. He'll sell you or any belief he claims to hold as soon as it get serious. He runs like a Bangkok toilet. Has same integrity. Thoroughly vile human being that will sell you for sanitised ass wipe.

franc

Post by franc »

d4m10n wrote:
Would like to challenge your integrity against mine Damo. Go for it.

franc

Post by franc »

d4m10n -

rat up a drainpipe. Again.

franc

Post by franc »

There are two types of people when dealing with the baboons -

- There is peezee and the baboons that will stake a claim

- and there is d4m10n who will cower in shadows until master says it's ok to emerge

Damion is repugnant.

franc

Post by franc »

You're a narcissist prick Damion.

I don't appreciate your old man has cancer because of the sins of the son.

You re vile ab normis, You are a cunt.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

franc wrote: d4m10n -

rat up a drainpipe. Again.
You know, I do think it might work if the suppositories don't.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Front page headline in today's Guardian.

Racist Britain - Black person mistaken for an employee rather than a customer.

Where is the British Rosa Parks who will stand up and say 'Sorry. I don't know where the tins of tomato soup are. I don't work here.'?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I would have thought assuming someone who is black has a job is the very antithesis of being racist.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lol that crazy woman is finally being listened to. I saw the NDT thing pop up over the weekend on the nomie internet. Explained who the first woman was to the gf. It's like Christmas has come earlier. :popcorn:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Welcome back, franc.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

franc wrote:
wrote: Destroying the reputation of sci-comm superstars makes for some strange bedfellows... :twatson:
d4m10n is a cappuccino hipster, This is a chickenshit that will never commit to anything. He'll sell you or any belief he claims to hold as soon as it get serious. He runs like a Bangkok toilet. Has same integrity. Thoroughly vile human being that will sell you for sanitised ass wipe.
Hello Mr President, surprised to see you on the Pit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
At least they got Shapiro right.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I don't see the connection between franc's dad and dams, besides the one continually gets something stuck up his ass while the other one perpetually has a stick up his.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

SM1957 wrote: Front page headline in today's Guardian.

Where is the British Rosa Parks who will stand up and say 'Sorry. I don't know where the tins of tomato soup are. I don't work here.'?
The same thin happens to me on occasion and I'm not black. I must look like I might know something. I mostly find it embarrassing to have to tell someone that I don't work at whatever store I'm in.

I have noticed here in the USA that places like CNN are reporting every incident of a white person saying or doing something racist. Some of the people involved seem to be nasty people, but if that's all you've got out of 300+ million people then I can't see how you can argue that racism is worse than it ever was.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Driftless wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Front page headline in today's Guardian.

The same thin happens to me on occasion and I'm not black. I must look like I might know something. I mostly find it embarrassing to have to tell someone that I don't work at whatever store I'm in.

I have noticed here in the USA that places like CNN are reporting every incident of a white person saying or doing something racist. Some of the people involved seem to be nasty people, but if that's all you've got out of 300+ million people then I can't see how you can argue that racism is worse than it ever was.
Also on the Guardian website today. Driving tests are racist and sexist. There can be no other explanation for this.

https://i.imgur.com/MxZQMan.png

https://i.imgur.com/hXS4FIh.png

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Question for the pit:

Does anyone have any first-hand experience in dealing with alt-medicine cults harming people you know?

A friend of mine (who is an old hippy) has announced he plans on treating his stage 3 esophageal cancer with what amounts to organic soup veganism. I really think he will die a la Steve Jobs. There's no use me lecturing him on this, but he has kids and this is some bleak shit to watch happen.

Is there anything I can do beyond ignoring it?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I don't know how many of the regulars here remember when Ol' Daydays first turned up with his disingenuousness and bad-faith attitude. He was a regular patronizing cunt back then, all holier-than-thou, and I don't see much has changed. franc is on the money here.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DrokkIt wrote: Does anyone have any first-hand experience in dealing with alt-medicine cults harming people you know?
Yes.
No.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

You could always kill him.

That or get him to think of this from his kids perspective.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Does anyone have any first-hand experience in dealing with alt-medicine cults harming people you know?
Yes.
No.
This is pretty much what I thought. He seems quite delusional about it, and has a fundraising site etc promoting it all.

It's very sad when the *best* I can hope for is he remisses and that's seen as win for woo. Fuck sake.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote: You could always kill him.

You kinda can't tell some people anything, you know?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

DrokkIt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: You could always kill him.

You kinda can't tell some people anything, you know?
A good percentage of people have invested in in false and/or irrational beliefs to the point they would rather die than change their minds.
Try walking into a church and tell the congregation to grow up and stop believing in the supernatural and instead of praying (talking to your imaginary friend) they might want to do something concrete to better their condition.
If you have ever been in the situation where a senile loved one ditches their meds for some goofy diet supplement you may come to really detest the woo peddlers.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

So your reading of it did not change your mind, and I'm sure it is just a coincidence that your new opinion just happens to be in line with the SocJus consensus.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I changed my mind. No longer satisfactory.
Who gave that asshole the badge to be the Commissar of the Sex Police? For fuck's sake it isn't like there is a credible accusation of sexual assault here. He made a pass at a woman while plying her with a glass of wine and then shook her hand in a "creepy manner".
The other hanging offense was peeking at a shoulder tattoo that was hidden under a sleeve while wearing a pimp hat.
Maybe someone here could find that video of PZ doing the rapey card trick on stage. Then we could maybe vote on whether he should be forgiven for that. I don't recall him ever giving an apology for that much less a notpology. Also we need an investigation on the zoom incident.