CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 pm
"I've skimmed some pages of something I don't really understand, and I'm ready to make important decisions based on my lack of understanding".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KIm Jong Un can show him how it's done.

CaptainFluffyBunny

What I like about Trump is that he's totally unfiltered. The man has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. What I don't like is how batshit crazy that unfiltered Trump reveals.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: What I like about Trump is that he's totally unfiltered. The man has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. What I don't like is how batshit crazy that unfiltered Trump reveals.
What I like about Trump is that he's too scatter-brained and unfocused to enact most of his batshit crazy ideas, not to mention the fact that he doesn't really bother to do anything that might put his ass on the line. What I don't like is that his crazy ideas are what gets him attention and ways to distract the media from more important issues.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

If the media had learnt how not to feed trolls Trump would likely never have been elected.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... an-embassy
President Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort reportedly held private conversations with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London around the time he joined then-candidate Trump's campaign team, according to The Guardian.
Wikileaks denies the report and offers a million dollar bet that it is not true. Mind you, Assange said he would surrender to the US authorities if they released Chelsea Manning.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote: If the media had learnt how not to feed trolls Trump would likely never have been elected.
It's us, we're the enemy. The media feeds us what we want, and we as a people love the seedy crap, the pulp, the excremental horror that abounds in the worst of human nature. The media was just feeding people what they asked for, and we gobbled it up. Some wanted outrage against the political machine, some against Trump, some of us wanted to build a bomb/fallout shelter and hide.

But I don't think you can just blame the media for Trump, unless you include social media and the eternal gullibility of people.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Better.

John D

Post by John D »

I think this climate report is really good news. The pessimistic projection is that we will lose 10% of GDP by 2100 if we do nothing. That's not bad. Such a small potential drag on the economy over more than 80 years. That is only the loss of GDP growth of about 3 to 4 years for over 8 decades. The GDP will be 3 or 4 or even 7 times larger in 80 years than it is now. I think it proves we should do nothing in particular to reduce warming. I am very satisfied with the state of the climate. Yawn. Carry-on.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Hard to argue that Trump isn't benefiting financially from being prez.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Poor trolling - 2/10.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc wrote: If the media had learnt how not to feed trolls Trump would likely never have been elected.
It's us, we're the enemy. The media feeds us what we want, and we as a people love the seedy crap, the pulp, the excremental horror that abounds in the worst of human nature. The media was just feeding people what they asked for, and we gobbled it up. Some wanted outrage against the political machine, some against Trump, some of us wanted to build a bomb/fallout shelter and hide.

But I don't think you can just blame the media for Trump, unless you include social media and the eternal gullibility of people.
Oh, I was being more than a bit sarcastic. Of course the media, social or otherwise, is just a product of human nature. Trump is good at one thing: make people talk of whatever bullshit comes out of his scatter-brained mind.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote: Poor trolling - 2/10.
Oh, the source is biased to be sure. But the facts in the video are pretty solid. Or do you have specific issues? I do believe that tweet ended up in my mentions from the pit-departed SkepTickle, may she return in the fullness of time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It was actually directed at John D's post.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote: It was actually directed at John D's post.
Ah, I see. Being an engineer, he has a rather optimistic view of humans adapting to climate change, or so I interpret. I hope he's right. But I also know they're seeing seahorses off the coast of Maine, so maybe not so good for the basis of all life.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The biggest problem with climate change is actually crop failure
One paper analyzed corn—or maize—the world's most produced and traded crop, to project how climate change will affect it across the major producing regions. Much of the world's corn goes into feeding livestock and making biofuels, and swings in production can ripple through global markets, leading to price spikes and food shortages, particularly for the 800 million people living in extreme poverty.

The researchers found significant differences in corn yield depending on how high global temperatures rise.

An increase of 4 degrees Celsius—close to where the current greenhouse gas emissions trajectory would take us by the end of this century—could cut U.S. corn production by nearly half. If global warming is instead held to 2°C (the goal of the Paris climate agreement is to stay below that level) the projected loss in U.S. production would be closer to 18 percent, the researchers found.
When the researchers looked at the four biggest corn exporters—the U.S., Brazil, Argentina and Ukraine—they found that the likelihood of all four suffering yield losses of 10 percent or more at the same time rises from about 7 percent at 2°C warming to 86 percent at 4°C warming.

Such simultaneous shocks in the top-producing regions, which are rare now, could have significant impacts on global markets and drive up the price of food.

"Global grain prices have been going up because of demand and biofuels," said Michelle Tigchelaar, the lead author of the study and a researcher with the University of Washington. "That has made markets tighter, so when you have a yield shock, that has really big implications for the market."

And for global stability. During the last global food crisis, in 2007 and 2008, rising costs triggered riots and unrest in countries around the world.
Sea level rise could threaten coastal cities and islands, but there are (costly) ways to deal with it. Extreme weather is also costly, but its impact is not as devastating. You can deal with economic loss. You can't deal with people not having enough to eat, especially in countries where poverty is already very widespread. If you add in loss of water, things get even more dire.

People are concerned with the effects of mass immigration. With climate change and crop failure starvation, instability and unrest will produce ever more massive immigration, and towards countries which will already have to deal with a strained economy. That's not a good perspective.

Climate change won't "kill us all", but it COULD easily lead to catastrophes on a scale we can't imagine. Some people lost their shit for a caravan of 5,000 people. Let's see what happens when it's several tens of thousands, or even more more.

free thoughtpolice

Trump retweets this image:
treason.PNG
(436.9 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... trials-for
Poor guy has so much Putin envy. Tsar Vlad can do it, why not him?

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: Trump retweets this image:
treason.PNG
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... trials-for
Poor guy has so much Putin envy. Tsar Vlad can do it, why not him?
The way that guy goes on, who could possibly think he's guilty? :whistle:

John D

Post by John D »

Directed at me.. haha. I am not trolling. I am serious. A 10% reduction of GDP in 80 years.... haha. This is fantastic. I say we continue to do nothing.

CaptainFluffyBunny

If this is corroborated, will Trump supporters finally concede that Trump committed treason? If not, what would it take? Serious question.

CaptainFluffyBunny

This is appalling. Seriously deranged, unhinged, third-world dictator crap. Mostly I'm just annoyed and amused by Trump's shit, but this should cross a line for anybody with a conscience.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:
Directed at me.. haha. I am not trolling. I am serious. A 10% reduction of GDP in 80 years.... haha. This is fantastic. I say we continue to do nothing.
Good luck keeping millions of Central and South American out of your borders then.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Just heard on the radio Michael Cohen left the courthouse, pleading guilty to working with the Russians on Trump Tower in Moscow...after the election. If Trump was a Democrat, they'd be tripping over themselves to investigate and impeach.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive, Dear Brive, let's keep politics off the main thread, as has been requested, shall we?

A clear mandate is having the majority, generally a large majority agree with you. Trump doesn't have that. He had the House and Senate, and still didn't get his funding (that Mexico was paying for, remember.) There is no mandate, indeed the whole concept of the wall is a play for suckers. It is a ridiculous concept and a waste of money. It is sloganeering.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Kirbmarc wrote:
John D wrote:
Good luck keeping millions of Central and South American out of your borders then.
Oh, doncha know the wall will do that, just ask Brive. :roll:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Haha haha...oh, yeah. This is gonna be fun.
:popcorn:

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Today's moving fast.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sunder wrote: Today's moving fast.

Woot, I say. Woot.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote: It was actually directed at John D's post.
Ah, I see. Being an engineer, he has a rather optimistic view of humans adapting to climate change, or so I interpret. I hope he's right. But I also know they're seeing seahorses off the coast of Maine, so maybe not so good for the basis of all life.
Having just been in Nepal, dealing with transboundary water issues, and also working in other parts of south east Asia with major water, energy and food security challenges, while living in hot dry Australia, I say a hearty fuck you to John D. and his she'll be right (for me) attitude on climate change.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:
You realise that GDP is a measure of the flow of money through an economy, and 10% (even over 80 years) is a serious recession for a country with a growing population and a need to feed all its people.

John D

Post by John D »

KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
You realise that GDP is a measure of the flow of money through an economy, and 10% (even over 80 years) is a serious recession for a country with a growing population and a need to feed all its people.
I am not really worried about "those other people" so... all is well. Countries that embrace capitalism can expect a 2 to 4% annual growth. They will plow through a 10% GDP reduction (in 80 years) without even noticing. Now... on the other hand... if a country has a stagnant economy... say... like Venezuela... well... maybe we will let some of those losers into our country.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Reminder that it's only trolling if someone says really stupid shit but doesn't actually believe it.

John D

Post by John D »

Sunder wrote: Reminder that it's only trolling if someone says really stupid shit but doesn't actually believe it.
Correct! I am not trolling!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
I am not really worried about "those other people" so... all is well. Countries that embrace capitalism can expect a 2 to 4% annual growth. They will plow through a 10% GDP reduction (in 80 years) without even noticing. Now... on the other hand... if a country has a stagnant economy... say... like Venezuela... well... maybe we will let some of those losers into our country.
I was actually referring to the USA.

John D

Post by John D »

KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
Have you been to the US? We are fat as fuck over here. Even our poor people are fat a fuck.... indeed... poor people are often the fatest of us fatties. Climate change is more likely to improve agriculture in Merica than to make it worse. We just can't allow ourselves to get so fat we can't pick our own crops... but.... we have plenty of machines and Mexicans to do the work. All is well.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Yesterday Trump canceled his scheduled meeting with Putin.
Today Vlad un-canceled it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sunder wrote: Yesterday Trump canceled his scheduled meeting with Putin.
Today Vlad un-canceled it.
I'm told by the right that Russians are the good guys now; they're here to help. You gotta admit, that Putin is a heck of a guy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

How happy to be with like-minded friends!

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote:
Have you been to the US? We are fat as fuck over here. Even our poor people are fat a fuck.... indeed... poor people are often the fatest of us fatties. Climate change is more likely to improve agriculture in Merica than to make it worse. We just can't allow ourselves to get so fat we can't pick our own crops... but.... we have plenty of machines and Mexicans to do the work. All is well.
Also we'll get lively mosquitoes with all sorts of tropical diseases, fun! Having hiked and hunted in Michigan, I know how lovely the conditions are for those 'lil gals. Party in Parasite City, woohoo!!!

CaptainFluffyBunny

If this administration had been Democrats, do we think anybody would be so blase about so many repeated scandals, corruption and illegal behavior?

CaptainFluffyBunny

CaptainFluffyBunny

Even the French are showing us up. Mon dieu!

free thoughtpolice

Even the French are showing us up. Mon dieu!
The avian forced liver eating surrender simian is just trying to recolonize this charming POC reformer.
Thanks to MBC women can drive themselves to the stadium where they are publicly stoned to death for not dressing modestly.
Back off Macron and stop trying to force your values on the rest of the world. :hand:

free thoughtpolice

HW just bit the green weenie.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Yeah, Trump is loyal to Trump. It's even even money as to if he throws his kids under the bus.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: HW just bit the green weenie.
He had a good run. Never thought I'd miss the Bush Co.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Here's the political candidate for you, John. He does have an interesting platform...R'lyeh bless.

free thoughtpolice

HW was an underrated president. He handled the breakup of the Soviet Union well, the first Iraq war as well as could be expected.
Reagan threw an 8 year party and left Bush with a 4 year hangover. HW did the right thing by raising taxes which hurt his political career, but helped Clinton develop a strong economy that actually ran budget surpluses a few years later.
Also, he had excellent taste in fishing flies and owned some unique custom tied flies from a certain BC flytier. :whistle:

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:
HW was an underrated president. He handled the breakup of the Soviet Union well, the first Iraq war as well as could be expected.
Reagan threw an 8 year party and left Bush with a 4 year hangover. HW did the right thing by raising taxes which hurt his political career, but helped Clinton develop a strong economy that actually ran budget surpluses a few years later.
Also, he had excellent taste in fishing flies and owned some unique custom tied flies from a certain BC flytier. :whistle:
I had no idea. I should have snagged (hee hee) some flies from you before you took in your shingle. Although right now I have enough flies to fish continuously for several years....

CaptainFluffyBunny

Because of course he did.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Here's one for the Aussies-

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Like I said. Trump tried to cancel. The boss un-canceled it.

And there are still people who think this makes him look strong and not weak. That another man says jump and he asks "how high?"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sunder wrote:

Like I said. Trump tried to cancel. The boss un-canceled it.

And there are still people who think this makes him look strong and not weak. That another man says jump and he asks "how high?"
Can you imagine how proud the Russians are? The USA brought to heel like a dog. Not this country's proudest moment.

If the treachery is as deep as suspected...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

My guess is that VP is blackmailing Trump bigly. But after Trump is no longer in office, VP will shit all over him: nothing to lose, plus it's the Bolshevik way.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Sigh.