Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Valerie Solanas was pretty much the worst that radfem terrorism could do, and she couldn't even kill her target :bjarte: .
Her target was Andy Warhol, too, who was as weak as fuck. It wasn't as if he'd have been all that difficult to kill.

Solanas should clearly have gotten a man to do it, the silly girl.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 am
Brive1987 wrote: Man, people here are literal. Marcus, it was a cute metaphor with enough truth to justify using it.

Relax.
"Jeez, I was kidding/not being literal. I'm always kidding/not being literal. Except when I'm not"

Typical alt-right motte and bailey, from /pol/ to Paul J. Watson. When they're caught saying something wrong or stupid or extreme it's always a joke/ironic/"triggering the libs"/a metaphor etc. This rhetorical trick is actually very similar to the Po-Mo SocJus tricks: "When I say that sex is a social construct I don't mean that biology has no effects on sexual differences. Except when I am, to justify my preferred policies" "When I say I want to abolish whiteness, I don't mean to hurt white people, I'm only talking about the social construct of "white", jeez can you people be any more literal?"
I don't know. Are you maybe trying to "start a discussion"? Because that's the excuse I've seen peddled by SJWs for years when it comes to false racist/rape allegations.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Hah. Both Kirb and PZ love muslims -so long as they are in the West and keeping their noses tolerably clean. Their presence is a reassuring indication that racist collectives are in the process of being dismantled for the greater civic vision.

But pure religion is edging outside the referenced civic national-ethno-demography-genocide-replacement-globalist-essential character-core identity-culture-racist-Nazi-lite/right-tradition-collective unit :bjarte: “ethno-debate”.

But bring both books. They have nicely converging themes.
What a gigantic strawman from the man who wants us to appreciate every subtle difference between "alt-lite" and "alt-right".

PZ is deathly scared of being called a racist if he doesn't genuflect to the idea that islam is no worse than Christianity (it is, especially now that Christians have been secularized). He also tries to absolve islam of every wrong-doing, plays the "US are real terrorists" card, and will likely argue that burka bans are racist and that if the police has a list of troublemaking imams and their financers that's white supremacy or imperialism, and that muslims who inform the authorities of troublemakers in their communities are "subservient to white supremacy" or some other idiocy, because the idea of law enforcement is toxic white masculinity.

I have pulled no punches in pointing out how islam creates room for misogyny (TRUE misogyny, not "they smiled and stare-raped at me OMG"), for justifications of rape, child marriage, domestic violence, child sexual abuse, violence towards "unbelievers", homophobia (TRUE homophobia, not "they don't want to lick a girl-cock so they hate trans women"), blasphemy laws, etc. etc. I've described AT LENGTH how literalism works in islam, which figures/states/schools are promoting the worse messages, how "community" and "community leaders" work, who finances whom, how people lie pretending to be "moderate" and how you can spot their lies, and how to react. Indeed I've written about this so much that people have gotten tired about it.

We're truly one and the same.

Your problem is that you're obsessed with race/ethnicity to a VERY unhealthy degree. Arab Christians, while definitely more backwards than European Christians, assimilare much better in a "culturally Christian" secular setting: just look at Darrell Issa or Ralph Nader in the US, they're average milquetoast Americans, so much so that very few even know that they're of middle eastern ancestry. On the other hand European muslims, like Chechens or Bosniaks or Albanians, assimilate only if they're secular. Indeed Albanians have an easier time assimilating to the "west" than Chechens, despite both groups being "white" and majority muslims, because Albania was HEAVILY secularized.

And white converts to islam often are even more fanatical than those born into the religion.

The problem with integration of muslims is conservative/reactionary islam, and especially so if it's Wahabism. Black, white or "brown", muslims who become more religious, more conservative and reactionary, integrate MUCH worse than those who are "culturally muslims" or "Friday muslims".

Also I have no aim to "dismantle racial collectives". I'm simply pointing out that muslims are ALREADY LIVING as a MINORITY in the "west", and WANT to immigrate to the "west". I'm not supporting open borders, or letting people in and not promoting any kind of assimilation because it's "cultural imperialism". I'm simply opposing blanket bans, or Steerman-esque "population transfers", or ethnic-based systems which alienate people according to their ancestry.

Muslims NEED to secularize like Christians have, it's not "white supremacy" to point out that head coverings are inherently misogynistic, that FGM is child abuse, that imams and groups which spread conservative/reactionary ideas are social issues, etc.. That's a job for secularist organizations, among others (like educational institutions, law enforcement, intelligence services, etc.).

The ethno-nationalists have NO CLEAR IDEAS about what they want at least not in public. It's a continuous motte-and-bailey. On one hand they proclaim that they're just defending culture, on the other they whine and moan because an African young woman plays Jean D'Arc, even though she's "preserving culture" too. They loudly claim that they have no interest in race, then film a street in Paris where black people walk around and call it "the end of France". They swear that they're not racist, not even a bit, then mumble about non-white actors playing roles usually played by white people, or call someone non-white who was born in a "western" country an "invader".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 am
Brive1987 wrote: Man, people here are literal. Marcus, it was a cute metaphor with enough truth to justify using it.

Relax.
"Jeez, I was kidding/not being literal. I'm always kidding/not being literal. Except when I'm not"

Typical alt-right motte and bailey, from /pol/ to Paul J. Watson. When they're caught saying something wrong or stupid or extreme it's always a joke/ironic/"triggering the libs"/a metaphor etc. This rhetorical trick is actually very similar to the Po-Mo SocJus tricks: "When I say that sex is a social construct I don't mean that biology has no effects on sexual differences. Except when I am, to justify my preferred policies" "When I say I want to abolish whiteness, I don't mean to hurt white people, I'm only talking about the social construct of "white", jeez can you people be any more literal?"
I don't know. Are you maybe trying to "start a discussion"? Because that's the excuse I've seen peddled by SJWs for years when it comes to false racist/rape allegations.
Yeah, that's another motte-and-bailey. "I'm not starting a witch hunt, I don't want the person who has stare-raped me to be punished (although they're totally a rapist, go look them up, and protest them) I'm just trying to start a conversation!"

The alt-right analogue are the stats which I used to make up HateFacts (the "numbers" and "graphics" that Brive loved so much): "I'm not saying that blacks and arabs are naturally criminals, I'm not racist, just look here *wink wink*, here there are charts about how they commit more crimes per 10000 people than the "westerners" *nudge nudge* I'm just trying to start a conversation, if you criticize me you're a SJW censor!"

Weirdly enough those stats are never adjusted for age (crime is a young man's job, and immigrants are younger than natives), income, socio-economic conditions, etc.

It's easy to lie with statistics, you just need to lie by omission. We've seen how the radfems have created the "wage gap" narratives by ignoring elements like differential choices in jobs, in lifestyle, in academic interests.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Valerie Solanas was pretty much the worst that radfem terrorism could do, and she couldn't even kill her target :bjarte: .
Her target was Andy Warhol, too, who was as weak as fuck. It wasn't as if he'd have been all that difficult to kill.

Solanas should clearly have gotten a man to do it, the silly girl.
She had a gun, too. Her gender is no excuse. A 16 year old girl in 1979 shot and killed two grown-ass man, the principal and a custodian of an elementary school. Solanas was a shitty terrorist, since like all radfems she lacked any real motivation to do anything but bitch and moan.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"Cancel White People/I love making old white people suffer" = "I actually meant that we need to address the concerns of non-white people without white people interrupting them, geez, what's wrong with you, are you racist?"

"Immigrants will be the death of Europe/are causing White Genocide" = "I actually meant that we need to address the concerns of Europeans and "whites" in general about mass immigration, geez, what's wrong with you, are you a globalist cuck?"

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: ‘‘Twas the thought process I referenced. The immediate tendency to simplify and exaggerate opposing POVs before spray painting everything Nazi-black for good measure. PZs BS could easily have been found in some of our so called debates.

Re Lauren, I saw her acknowledge Dugin as having elements of alien-thought that might strike up new conversations. I didn’t see outright endorsement. I don’t believe the impending Ukrainian genocide was referenced. Nor whether Dugan dresses right or left. I did hear unambiguously stated caveats. You saw buried pipes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nzUMsN0l58

"while Dugin may speak to the spirit of Russia the same way Peterson does to the west"

"Dugin suggests that individualism is simply a tactic of liberalism to keep itself alive"

"A Fourth political theory, something entirely different"

"I don't know why people are so afraid of this, I think it's a pretty interesting idea"

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Don't stop now Kirb!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Relax.

You crack me up.

enough truth to justify using it

Oh, I was perfectly serious. I just sought a vaguely interesting way to express myself.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Just to break the mood.

Why it's better for me to not be on Twitter: I'd reply to that with, 'don't worry, I'm getting her a Coach bag.'

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: ‘‘Twas the thought process I referenced. The immediate tendency to simplify and exaggerate opposing POVs before spray painting everything Nazi-black for good measure. PZs BS could easily have been found in some of our so called debates.

Re Lauren, I saw her acknowledge Dugin as having elements of alien-thought that might strike up new conversations. I didn’t see outright endorsement. I don’t believe the impending Ukrainian genocide was referenced. Nor whether Dugan dresses right or left. I did hear unambiguously stated caveats. You saw buried pipes.
[BBvideo=560,315]htt.ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nzUMsN0l58[/BBvideo]

"while Dugin may speak to the spirit of Russia the same way Peterson does to the west"

"Dugin suggests that individualism is simply a tactic of liberalism to keep itself alive"

"A Fourth political theory, something entirely different"

"I don't know why people are so afraid of this, I think it's a pretty interesting idea"
That’s the resounding endorsement? How about you off-set with her caveats. Or place the benign sentences in full context.
She’s exploring what she thinks he thinks. While acknowledging it’s not found on the western right’s periodic Otis shit for a 23 year old. Exotic shit for most of us.

You have lost the capacity for ethical discourse. Which is sad really.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: You crack me up.

Oh, I was perfectly serious. I just sought a vaguely interesting way to express myself.
Don't worry, you're never even vaguely interesting, except as a case study for how people swallow alt-right propaganda.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My iPad went insane in sympathy with you. “... periodic table. Exotic shit for a 23 yer old ... “

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Don't worry, you're never even vaguely interesting, except as a case study for how people swallow alt-right propaganda.
Ouch. That burns. :lol: :lol: Maybe start alternating with water. Friendly advice.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

White terrorist Lewis Ludlow due to be sentenced in Britain for plotting to kill up to 100 people in Central London.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I bet PZ Myers next blog post will be about white terrorists.....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

mike150160 wrote: Don't stop now Kirb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Hah. Both Kirb and PZ love muslims -so long as they are in the West and keeping their noses tolerably clean. Their presence is a reassuring indication that racist collectives are in the process of being dismantled for the greater civic vision.

But pure religion is edging outside the referenced civic national-ethno-demography-genocide-replacement-globalist-essential character-core identity-culture-racist-Nazi-lite/right-tradition-collective unit :bjarte: “ethno-debate”.

What a gigantic strawman from the man who wants us to appreciate every subtle difference between "alt-lite" and "alt-right".

PZ is deathly scared of being called a racist if he doesn't genuflect to the idea that islam is no worse than Christianity (it is, especially now that Christians have been secularized). He also tries to absolve islam of every wrong-doing, plays the "US are real terrorists" card, and will likely argue that burka bans are racist and that if the police has a list of troublemaking imams and their financers that's white supremacy or imperialism, and that muslims who inform the authorities of troublemakers in their communities are "subservient to white supremacy" or some other idiocy, because the idea of law enforcement is toxic white masculinity.

I have pulled no punches in pointing out how islam creates room for misogyny (TRUE misogyny, not "they smiled and stare-raped at me OMG"), for justifications of rape, child marriage, domestic violence, child sexual abuse, violence towards "unbelievers", homophobia (TRUE homophobia, not "they don't want to lick a girl-cock so they hate trans women"), blasphemy laws, etc. etc. I've described AT LENGTH how literalism works in islam, which figures/states/schools are promoting the worse messages, how "community" and "community leaders" work, who finances whom, how people lie pretending to be "moderate" and how you can spot their lies, and how to react. Indeed I've written about this so much that people have gotten tired about it.

Your problem is that you're obsessed with race/ethnicity to a VERY unhealthy degree. Arab Christians, while definitely more backwards than European Christians, assimilare much better in a "culturally Christian" secular setting: just look at Darrell Issa or Ralph Nader in the US, they're average milquetoast Americans, so much so that very few even know that they're of middle eastern ancestry. On the other hand European muslims, like Chechens or Bosniaks or Albanians, assimilate only if they're secular. Indeed Albanians have an easier time assimilating to the "west" than Chechens, despite both groups being "white" and majority muslims, because Albania was HEAVILY secularized.

And white converts to islam often are even more fanatical than those born into the religion.

The problem with integration of muslims is conservative/reactionary islam, and especially so if it's Wahabism. Black, white or "brown", muslims who become more religious, more conservative and reactionary, integrate MUCH worse than those who are "culturally muslims" or "Friday muslims".

Also I have no aim to "dismantle racial collectives". I'm simply pointing out that muslims are ALREADY LIVING as a MINORITY in the "west", and WANT to immigrate to the "west". I'm not supporting open borders, or letting people in and not promoting any kind of assimilation because it's "cultural imperialism". I'm simply opposing blanket bans, or Steerman-esque "population transfers", or ethnic-based systems which alienate people according to their ancestry.

Muslims NEED to secularize like Christians have, it's not "white supremacy" to point out that head coverings are inherently misogynistic, that FGM is child abuse, that imams and groups which spread conservative/reactionary ideas are social issues, etc.. That's a job for secularist organizations, among others (like educational institutions, law enforcement, intelligence services, etc.).

The ethno-nationalists have NO CLEAR IDEAS about what they want at least not in public. It's a continuous motte-and-bailey. On one hand they proclaim that they're just defending culture, on the other they whine and moan because an African young woman plays Jean D'Arc, even though she's "preserving culture" too. They loudly claim that they have no interest in race, then film a street in Paris where black people walk around and call it "the end of France". They swear that they're not racist, not even a bit, then mumble about non-white actors playing roles usually played by white people, or call someone non-white who was born in a "western" country an "invader".
“Also I have no aim to "dismantle racial collectives".”

Strange then how concerned you are with people defending cultural and ethnic collectives. Strange too how incompatible your humanistic social liberalism and civic nationalism is to said collectives. And tell me again why we should open borders to traditional or devote muslims at all if we then have such a job ahead of us to decondition them? Muh liberalism man.

And please explain why protecting a country’s unique cultural character (by not welcoming masses of exotic cultures) is an action “which alienate people”. Fuck me. Finally, your last paragraph reveals your own obsessive race fixation. You really can’t see a country’s unique or essential character as anything but purely and primarily racial. You are worse than Red Ice.

You have a screw loose.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice wall of text though.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I'm still waiting for the epic hate sex rendezvous between these two love bunnies, as promised to me by someone a couple weeks ago. I'll even pay for the motel room (with hidden cameras).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: That’s the resounding endorsement? How about you off-set with her caveats. Or place the benign sentences in full context.
She’s exploring what she thinks he thinks. While acknowledging it’s not found on the western right’s periodic Otis shit for a 23 year old. Exotic shit for most of us.

You have lost the capacity for ethical discourse. Which is sad really.
Wahabism is also pretty exotic, perhaps Lauren should have interviewed Zakir Naik about what's to be done with those degenerates gays. He has some "shocking, exciting" ideas that will surely interest you! Or how about Anjem Choudary, I heard that he has some pretty "brilliant" ideas on how to get women to reject feminism (they involved speaking softly and beating them with a long stick).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: “Also I have no aim to "dismantle racial collectives".”

Strange then how concerned you are with people defending cultural and ethnic collectives. Strange too how incompatible your humanistic social liberalism and civic nationalism is to said collectives. And tell me again why we should open borders to traditional or devote muslims at all if we then have such a job ahead of us to decondition them? Muh liberalism man.
"Ethnic collectives" are already mixed. There are religious, ethnic, cultural minorities in every nation of the world. And people MOVE, especially so in a post-industrial age. Managing immigration and integration is possible (if hard), closing your country off is a pipe dream, unless your country is an authoritarian nightmare.

There's no "pure culture". All cultures are mixed as well, no matter how the ethno-nationalists or the SJWs whine about "loss of authenticity" or "cultural appropriation". "Ethnic collectives" are at best some loose, generalized local tendencies, at worst just a fantasy of purity that has never existed and never will be.
And please explain why protecting a country’s unique cultural character (by not welcoming masses of exotic cultures) is an action “which alienate people”. Fuck me. Finally, your last paragraph reveals your own obsessive race fixation. You really can’t see a country’s unique or essential character as anything but purely and primarily racial. You are worse than Red Ice.
Says the man who was triggered by a black woman playing Jean D'Arc, or by non-white actors playing role in Shakesperean tragedies. :bjarte:

Anyway it's obvious to anyone who's not drinking the alt-right kool-aid that "protecting an unique character", especially if with the force of law, alienates those who live in the country and don't have that "unique character". Unless you're planning Steersman-esque "population transfers" you're going to have to deal with minority cultures. You NEED some sort of compromise. A secular liberal democracy with social democratic provisions is the best available model for a compromise that we have right now.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Imagine if Italy wanted to "protect Italian-ness" by forcing ethno-linguistic minorities (Germans in South Tyrol, French in Aosta Valley, Slovenes near Trieste) in Italy to be FORCEFULLY assimilated or fucking off. Oh, wait, it happened under fascism... :bjarte: Never mind.

Imagine if the US enacted laws to "protect American-ness" by imposing blanket bans and quotas on immigration, because those damn Irish and Italians and Slavs will never integrate and threaten to take over America...oh, wait, it happened in the 1920s. :twatson:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

So kirbs has replaced the great walls of text with a mass attack of short to medium range texts. I see what you've done there 'ol son. :clap:

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Is the New Pit? Not near as entertaining.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The Saudis are berating Canada for our horrible human rights records. That'll teach us for urging them to stop torturing atheists and feminists.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sa ... oplay=true

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Well I’ve just finished Niall Ferguson’s “The Pity of War”, a mere twenty years after it was published, as no one told me about it (which I shall choose to blame on Brive, Kirbmarc and Trump). A bit of a dry read as it is stuffed with facts, tables and figures, but if you thought you knew about WW1, you’ll know even more afterwards. Highly recommended.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The Saudis are berating Canada for our horrible human rights records. That'll teach us for urging them to stop torturing atheists and feminists.
The funny thing is that they're using both anti-SocIal and SocJus arguments: calling Jordy-Boy Peterson a political prisoner and blaming Canada as a muh-soggy-knees patriarchy for crimes committed in indigenous women.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I learned a lot about WW1 by reading Robert Graves' Good-By To All That.

Highly recommended.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

shoutinghorse wrote: So kirbs has replaced the great walls of text with a mass attack of short to medium range texts. I see what you've done there 'ol son. :clap:
They're easier to read this way.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

“Also I have no aim to "dismantle racial collectives".”

You have a screw loose.
Is "cultural appropriation" actually bad? Let's say everyone in Australia starts eating Chinese food. Besides appropriating Chinese culture wouldn't it also be driving out traditional Australian cuisine? Shouldn't defenders of traditional Australian culture resist this?

What abut the fact that men no longer wear hats? That was a cultural change. Was it bad? Should it have been resisted? Akubra is hanging in there, though.

And last, if the goal is to preserve Judeo-Christian values then immigrants from Syria would be top of the list given the history of the region.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: Akubra is hanging in there, though.
My sister wants to get me a new Akubra for my birthday. My Summer Barma is showing some wear.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Well I’ve just finished Niall Ferguson’s “The Pity of War”, a mere twenty years after it was published, as no one told me about it (which I shall choose to blame on Brive, Kirbmarc and Trump). A bit of a dry read as it is stuffed with facts, tables and figures, but if you thought you knew about WW1, you’ll know even more afterwards. Highly recommended.
I'm sure I've recommended it here at least once. Wonderful book, but yeah, the data can be dense at times.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Stankeye wrote:
It all depends on who you read. I did a google search for New Mexico compound school attacks. Fox (not surprisingly) has in the link headline 'extremist Muslim' The rest are uninformative, maybe mentioning extremism. Picking articles at random (skipping Fox), some will say muslim and extremist, others you will not find either mentioned.
CBS, which was named in the tweet as several articles about it , and going in to some detail*. ABC has some detail and makes it clear they are muslim extremists.
The tweet was bullshit as often the twitterverse and the new alt-right is.
Here. Let me help.
after court documents were released alleging that the kids were being trained to carry out school shootings. Despite those revelations, ABC’s World News Tonight and the CBS Evening News still refused to report the connection to Muslim extremism by the five adults there
Here let ME help.
The guy that did the tweeting chose to not to put the full name of the news broadcast in the tweet but buried it in the link to fool the alt-right and the wet alt-right stooges that follow him into believing that big media outlets were engaging in a cover up. All a conspiracy!

As I recall, the broadcasts in question are only a half hour long, 20 minutes if you skip the commercials. From what I checked, the story ran on at least some of the local newscasts on both CBS and ABC the same day the story broke, albeit they were slim on details and it sounds like the reports were formed before the court appearances and a lot of the information had come in. Typically stations run a half hour of local news that is produced by the local station before the main network broadcast where the big national and international stories run. Apparently they didn't think a dozen religious kooks starving in the desert was earth shaking enough importance to make the main newscast.
The fact that they ran a number of detailed stories on the case on their website that included a fair bit of research proves they weren't trying to kill the story or dodge the fact the kooky religion in question is islam.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 pm
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: PeeZee has no experience of black people. He worships them from afar because that's what he's told to do, and he's a stupid, slavish cunt. People are people, nobody deserved unearned praise nor condemnation.
I take it you are not a fan of Coleridge. Does that make you a methodological or normative individualist?
Contextual. Both theories tend to make broad and unfalsiable claims.

CaptainFluffyBunny

screwtape wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am
Well I’ve just finished Niall Ferguson’s “The Pity of War”, a mere twenty years after it was published, as no one told me about it (which I shall choose to blame on Brive, Kirbmarc and Trump). A bit of a dry read as it is stuffed with facts, tables and figures, but if you thought you knew about WW1, you’ll know even more afterwards. Highly recommended.
Thanks, I came across it in a bookstore a while back, nearly bought it. I will amend that.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 am
Man, people here are literal. Marcus, it was a cute metaphor with enough truth to justify using it.

Relax.
You seem to rely on shifting from literal to metaphor without any clear delineation or indication, then resort to insults when the result gets questioned. Perhaps, considering the number of times this has happened, you should express yourself clearly the first time. This being the goal of writing, I'm told.

free thoughtpolice

Some more not reporting by the MSM. Why can't they say the words radical muslim terrorist??? :hand:

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Driftless wrote: Akubra is hanging in there, though.
My sister wants to get me a new Akubra for my birthday. My Summer Barma is showing some wear.
I have worn a Cattleman when I work outside. I have had it for years and feel odd when I don't wear it. "Farm store" type hats are cloth with elastic cloth sweat bands stretch out and don't fit after a while. My Akubra still fits perfectly.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Ouch. That burns. :lol: :lol: Maybe start alternating with water. Friendly advice.
Swing and a miss.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: The Saudis are berating Canada for our horrible human rights records. That'll teach us for urging them to stop torturing atheists and feminists.
They criticize Canada while doing crucifixion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-a ... canada-hum
Tho to be fair, they beheaded him first.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Damn guys. My eyes are now bleeding.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

What does everyone make of Q ANON then?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

DrokkIt wrote: What does everyone make of Q ANON then?
It was mentioned a bit over on the Thread that Must not be Named. (Not the Ethnobollocks one, the T-Dump one).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 am
Man, people here are literal. Marcus, it was a cute metaphor with enough truth to justify using it.

Relax.
You seem to rely on shifting from literal to metaphor without any clear delineation or indication, then resort to insults when the result gets questioned. Perhaps, considering the number of times this has happened, you should express yourself clearly the first time. This being the goal of writing, I'm told.
When I actually steal a metaphor to make my point .. well you can safely assume I realise it is a figure of speech.

:doh:

free thoughtpolice

It's another topic the lame stream media /fake news won't talk about except when they do and then they just lie to cover up for their deep state masters- The Rothschilds, George Soros, and the Saudis.
The reason the Saudis went all jihad on Canada was because Trudeau isn't actually a leftie soyboy but is secretly working with Mueller and Trump to bring down the secret pedo cabal. Qanon predicted it all in one of his coded tweets.

free thoughtpolice

You need to treat a Qanon tweet kind of like a Brive post. It doesn't really mean what it apparently says in plain english, but is actually a cleverly coded warning of sorts masquerading as a goofball rant.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Driftless wrote:
Is "cultural appropriation" actually bad? Let's say everyone in Australia starts eating Chinese food. Besides appropriating Chinese culture wouldn't it also be driving out traditional Australian cuisine? Shouldn't defenders of traditional Australian culture resist this?

What abut the fact that men no longer wear hats? That was a cultural change. Was it bad? Should it have been resisted? Akubra is hanging in there, though.

And last, if the goal is to preserve Judeo-Christian values then immigrants from Syria would be top of the list given the history of the region.
You are not getting the dynamic of concern right. Measured and organic cultural evolution over time is expected but is founded on identity which is less immediately malleable.

Australia formed over time a unique sense of awareness based on Anglo (set within European) roots heavily influenced by environment, distance, isolation, historical engagement ... This identity was amended but not quantum-jumped by immigrants from China and more recently Italy and Greece. A leavening.

Since the 1980s we have pursued multi culturalism as a formal policy. 190,000 to high 200,000s immigration per year. Year on year. With unmanaged “integration” largely because the powers that be didn’t value extant identity (Keating) or actively sought to offset it. A general, left leaning, cultural agenda if you will. One that had manifestation in “invasion day”, black arm-banded social history being demanded from educational and popular expression.

Most of our mass immigrants come from India and China and come in quantities which lead to silos and “migrant hubs”. Our 2 cities consume the majority of the intake. Their infra capacity, standard of living and character are being / have been destroyed. And they set the national vibe. There is demonstratable host population flight. In addition we have migrant hubs like Lakemba where smaller number of immigrant possessing utterly alien cultures overtly reshape our norms. As Southern discovered.

Commonsense demands we 1) accknowldege the active dynamic 2) stop the ongoing dynamic from reinforcing failure 3) take a step back and figure out what exactly our consensus business plan as a nation is - and how to start chipping away at the existing issues.

Gotchas about hats and the local ‘chew and spew’ are not helpful parts of this conversation.

Now. Queue the Free ThoughtPolice chorus chanting “you fucking chimp hating alt-right gas loving Nazi”. :bjarte:

free thoughtpolice

I've never called you alt-right Brive. You are more like a wet alt-right. Or an all wet wet alt-right.

free thoughtpolice

Besides, those are just metaphors.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 am
And for your information, wearing a bike helmet in a public space without having a bike under your ass is also illegal here. Common sense.
Apparently the Fonz was only allowed to wear his leather jacket while sitting on or riding his bike. Too rebellious and thuggish otherwise.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 am
And for your information, wearing a bike helmet in a public space without having a bike under your ass is also illegal here. Common sense.
Apparently the Fonz was only allowed to wear his leather jacket while sitting on or riding his bike. Too rebellious and thuggish otherwise.
I can’t believe you just referenced “thugs”. :shock:

John D

Post by John D »

DW Adams wrote: Is the New Pit? Not near as entertaining.
The new pit sucks. Can we ban Kirb just because.... well... he sucks?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Besides, those are just metaphors.
Drool but light. I like it. :)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Droll. I need a real keyboard.

free thoughtpolice

:drool:

free thoughtpolice

I liked drool better.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am
It is on my reading list. I am on a break though. Last few months I have been re-reading old favourites. I will get round to it some day.

CaptainFluffyBunny

John D wrote:
DW Adams wrote: Is the New Pit? Not near as entertaining.
The new pit sucks. Can we ban Kirb just because.... well... he sucks?
Banning people sucks. There's an ignore function. Besides, I see the issue as being somewhere else.

Metaphorically speaking.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
It's another topic the lame stream media /fake news won't talk about except when they do and then they just lie to cover up for their deep state masters- The Rothschilds, George Soros, and the Saudis.
The reason the Saudis went all jihad on Canada was because Trudeau isn't actually a leftie soyboy but is secretly working with Mueller and Trump to bring down the secret pedo cabal. Qanon predicted it all in one of his coded tweets.
But I wanted to know if Paul McCartney really died in 1966...