There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by InfraRedBucket »

3280.jpg
(32.17 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Lois Lane dead at 69.

The so called "curse of Superman" strikes again.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/m ... es-aged-69

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

A quick google has the altitude record for a helicopter at 41,000 feet. The limiting factor for most helicopters reaching high altitude isn't lift from the rotors, but from the engines. An electric motor wouldn't have that limitation. :ugeek:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Helicopters on Mars?

"It's gotten outta control, it's too big" :?

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Shatterface wrote: How big do the rotors have to be to get lift in an atmosphere that thin?
Not very, it seems. The drone doesn't look terribly big in the video. What it will be is fast, the stacked rotors cranking at 50 revolutions per second.
I am no engineer, but Mars is a virtual vacuum. I don't understand how such a drone could fly. Wouldn't a balloon of some sort make more sense?
Balloons have the same problem: low atmospheric pressure.

You'd have to have a whopping big balloon just as you would to fly in the Earth's upper atmosphere.
Mars does have some atmosphere. Not much of one though.... and this would explain why a drone has never been used before. This sounds like a fun engineering project.

A bit of trivia.... a very clever friend of mine told me that, if the earth was even a small percentage more massive, that modern rocket fuel would not have enough energy per pound to reach escape velocity. So, we would not be able to get a payload out of earth gravity. Interesting to think about.... although I can imagine a high flying balloon boosting a rocket to a high enough altitude to make escape velocity. Anyway.... I don't really even know if this is true... so....

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shatterface wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Shatterface wrote: How big do the rotors have to be to get lift in an atmosphere that thin?
Not very, it seems. The drone doesn't look terribly big in the video. What it will be is fast, the stacked rotors cranking at 50 revolutions per second.
Too lazy to calculate. If whether you have short but fast rotor blades or long but slower will the tips be faster than the speed of sound on Mars (about 240 m/s) and will this reduce efficiency?
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't much info in the article. But just looking at the drone, the rotors seem to be under a meter across. Even if they were roughly a meter, that would put their circumference a little over 3 meters, yes? 50 turns a second would be well under the speed of sound.

As bad as the article is, the video is worse. There's only a caption over the test chamber footage that said it contained a "mars-like" atmosphere, without elaborating what that really means. But the drone's performance looks good, with tight and solid maneuverability. It surprised me to see movement without wobble in what I assume is a 1% atmosphere.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

InfraRedBucket wrote: 3280.jpg

Lois Lane dead at 69.

She was probably the best Lois yet. In fact the only way I can imagine making Superman the Movie better is if it had been filmed with filters that darkened it and washed out the color, and if Superman were miserable all the time. Someone should make that movie.

windy

Post by windy »

piginthecity wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:17 pm
First of all, Shakespeare has a wider resonance than just England or the English language. Performances of Hamlet in Danish have been so common and popular that that play can be said to be part of Danish culture. The most famous and artistically admired music written for a Shakespeare play was by a German Jew. And it's still performed today alongside the play, including by the RSC.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

If your butthole hasn't gone TWANG today, this should fix it.

https://imgur.com/EuPjyD7.png

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

"Durg Trek?" or should that be Drug Trek.

You wouldn't get me up there, let alone coming down again.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Lois Lane dead at 69.

She was probably the best Lois yet. In fact the only way I can imagine making Superman the Movie better is if it had been filmed with filters that darkened it and washed out the color, and if Superman were miserable all the time. Someone should make that movie.
No love for Noel Neill?

windy

Post by windy »

The researchers trained the spider, which they nicknamed Kim, to jump different heights and distances on a manmade platform in a laboratory environment. Kim belongs to a species of jumping arachnid known as Phidippus regius, or ‘Regal Jumping Spider’.

The team then recorded the jumps using ultra-high-speed cameras, and used high resolution micro CT scans to create a 3D model of Kim’s legs and body structure in unprecedented detail.
All-male team of scientists shamelessly objectifies a female and takes credit for her work. :snooty:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote: If your butthole hasn't gone TWANG today, this should fix it.

https://imgur.com/EuPjyD7.png
Fuck Off Fuck Off Fuck Off Fuck Off Fuck Off Fuck Off Fuck Off :naughty:

I got a pet rat once to cure my phobia of rats but I'm buggered if I'd go anywhere near that to cure my vertigo.
Those YT vids you see where crazy Russian kids climb radio pylons are enough to give me the willies.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

MarcusAu wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Lois Lane dead at 69.

No love for Noel Neill?
Dead at 95.
Curse of Superman strikes again.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote: If your butthole hasn't gone TWANG today, this should fix it.
This has a similar effect on my underwear...

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am
Ape+lust wrote: NASA is going to include a drone with the 2020 Mars Rover launch. Sometime in early 2021 we should be enjoying fly-through video from another planet.

https://phys.org/news/2018-05-nasa-mini ... -mars.html

2020 is also when the James Webb Space Telescope is set to launch. It's going to be a FAAAANTASTIC year for space exploration :dance:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/webb ... index.html
How big do the rotors have to be to get lift in an atmosphere that thin?
I can't believe they are sending a tetrapod helicopter to Mars.

More poetic would be to send tripod helicopters to Mars.

free thoughtpolice

I'm pretty sure that drone will handle the Mars atmosphere and gravity just fine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

piginthecity wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Part two post showed that the production was actually in all other ways a historical drama rooted in its time.
Yeah they all spoke in iambic pentameter during the wars of the roses!
Ya got me there. It’s fair to say that Shakespeare was was the Baz Luhrmann of his day.

Which was obvious when He didn’t have old Julius speak Latin.

Crazy.
This drivel doesn't explain why you're happy to have a 'historical drama' where everyone speaks poetry - but it's some great injustice if the melanin content per square centimetre of the skin of one of the actors is above the identity-politics approved threshold.
Quite apart from the obvious incongruousness of Baz style injections into an otherwise real world physical setting? Well you have a director on the one hand claiming a colour blind best-actress-for-the-job line and then claiming her mission is to have this role reflect the lefts take on multiculuralism.

We know the former is BS as it would never operate in reverse. And the latter feeds into the broader terraforming of culture when a specific agenda can be advanced .....

Maybe she owed the actress a favour? (1j. More likely it was a virtue-shriek. (2). Surely not the (((globalists))) seeking to turn all whites into dispossessed Jew-lites? (3). :mrgreen:

I would go with 2.2 if each point was separated by 10 spectrum ticks.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I know I missed a couple of weeks but has Bruce contributed anything else but this whiny shit in the last few months?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive/Bruce.

Even autocorrect is erasing you. You turned my iPhone racist with your pity party shit.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote: I know I missed a couple of weeks but has Bruce contributed anything else but this whiny shit in the last few months?
Ever since his only son converted to islam he's kind of been losing it. :cry:

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote: Has anyone else noticed the Religion of Peace is spreading joy and happiness by having families, including young children, blow themselves up in public places?
It makes sense because islam is all about family values. What I don't get is why that Stabdul guy in Paris being a Chechen went all jihadi in Paris instead of going back to Russia and killing some Boris and Natashas for fucking up Chechneya and killing all his ummah mates in Syria.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

MarcusAu wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Lois Lane dead at 69.

No love for Noel Neill?
No. She knows what she did.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Did I just hear someone whine?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Oh, right. It was Shatterface and FTP.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:

Quite apart from the obvious incongruousness of Baz style injections into an otherwise real world physical setting? Well you have a director on the one hand claiming a colour blind best-actress-for-the-job line and then claiming her mission is to have this role reflect the lefts take on multiculuralism.

We know the former is BS as it would never operate in reverse.
Isn't the reason "it would never operate in reverse" that in plays performed in the UK, a non-white character is necessitated to be non-white by the role? I mean that non-whiteness is central to the character and the plot; they were written that way to make a point, to be the outsider, to make a point about racism. So it would utterly demolish the play to have a white actor laying these roles. That's why it wouldn't happen, not because the RSC is run by a collective of Kenyan lesbians.

Whereas I think that most intelligent people, when watching a play written 400 years ago, can happily adjust to seeing an actor who is black, or in a wheelchair, or wearing a hearing aid, or dressed in fabrics which have been dyed with bright modern colors.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The only non white roles in western plays and movies are “outsiders”?

That’s racist. The point I was making was that the principle of ‘best (ignoring racial/ethnic/gender constraints) person for the role based on acting skills’ would not operate in reverse. Despite being advanced here by the Director as a motivational driver. Albeit one which contradicts her other stated motives. But whatever.

Shaka would always be ethnically Zulu. As it should be unless you are going full PoMo. Even then it would be “problematic” Unless he was cast as an Asian maybe. Who the fuck knows.

It is not controversial that the lib-arts have, in general, a problem with their post-colonial, western hating white history. All that privilege and racism and cultural patriarchy.

Or maybe Shatterface has an actual informed counter opinion here?

So it shouldn’t be controversial to detect elements of this mindset in their work. Fucking amazing hey?

***triggering intensifies*** ???

On a happier note, Son has finished his Arabic and has progressed to 2 Eastern European language diplomas. :clap:

Keating

Post by Keating »

Ape+lust wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:15 am
2020 is also when the James Webb Space Telescope is set to launch. It's going to be a FAAAANTASTIC year for space exploration :dance:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/webb ... index.html
I have a colleague named James Webb who likes to think it's named after him.

free thoughtpolice

fuzzy wrote: Oh, right. It was Shatterface and FTP.
fuzzy is a meanie that should fell guilty for breaking Barbies boyfriend. :P

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I guess you just have to recognise when a whiny bitch is just going to whiny bitch, whether they are whiny bitching about black actresses in Shakespeare plays or white actresses playing Japanese comic book heroes.

It's all identitarian retardation in the end.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

He was on a police anti-terror watch list of people suspected of having radicalized views and posing a potential security risk, though had no criminal record, the judicial source said.
Last time this was used it was in the context of Southern. :lol: :lol: Except she got her sorry arse booted for her crimes.

You couldn’t write this as comedy if you tried.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: I guess you just have to recognise when a whiny bitch is just going to whiny bitch, whether they are whiny bitching about black actresses in Shakespeare plays or white actresses playing Japanese comic book heroes.

It's all identitarian retardation in the end.
Context. I think Japanese culture does not compete with any lib-tard agenda. It would have been more problematic to have a Princess Masaco played by Scarlett.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I wasn't aware Shakespeare competed with lib-yard agenda. I missed that when I studied English Lit.

As to the 'if the positions were reversed' argument, John Geilgud, Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Orson Welles, John Neville, Anthony Hopkins, Patrick Stewart and Michael Gambon have all played Othello.

I take it you'd be aghast at the thought of a white actor playing a black character?

free thoughtpolice

Libtards would be aghast at white people playing black people. Bruce is aghast at the double standard.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Attachments
shakespeares--wh.jpeg
(45.44 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I guess I do have a position on othello...but it could easily flip...

http://www.retrogamenetwork.com/wp-cont ... l_size.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Please Europe, could you see your way clear to taking in just a few more 3rd World immigrants. You could start with the rays of African sunshine moving up and down this here street in a minibus taxi blasting out bass. 1:30 AM and they've been at it for four hours. This is a residential street with blocks of flats and semi-detached houses. They've just pulled in opposite us again. Cunts. If I ask them to please fuck off I'll get the whole entitled white man thinking he can order black folks around bullshit. Most of the rest of the street, 95% black, know to keep their mouths shut as well. I'm just hoping that a Nigerian drug dealer get's pissed off enough to do something. Amazing thing is that the people being kept awake will be cursing but not give a shit about others when they feel like making a noise.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Rumour has it that there is a member of the pyt that identifies as South African.

I'm keeping an eye out to try and figure out if this is so. I suspect it's not true, as no one has used the words - 'Braai' 'Biltong' or 'Robot' (in context) yet.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:01 pm
Rumour has it that there is a member of the pyt that identifies as South African.

I'm keeping an eye out to try and figure out if this is so. I suspect it's not true, as no one has used the words - 'Braai' 'Biltong' or 'Robot' (in context) yet.
Depends on whether suspected Pytter is watching rugby, cricket or football. One of the benefits of dual nationality is having 2 teams to choose from.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm
I wasn't aware Shakespeare competed with lib-yard agenda. I missed that when I studied English Lit.

As to the 'if the positions were reversed' argument, John Geilgud, Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Orson Welles, John Neville, Anthony Hopkins, Patrick Stewart and Michael Gambon have all played Othello.

I take it you'd be aghast at the thought of a white actor playing a black character?
I’d think it’s dumb and shows boredom with the whole concept. It would be dumber still, if Othello was a well known historical character and it wasn’t a deliberately PoMo piece. It would be ‘really dumb with intent’ if it was done with a sense of ideological entitlement to stick it to the blackies.

But you know. Othello is a wife beating murderer who commits suicide. So I’m guessing the minorities weren’t too oppressed by the reversal eh? :lol:

I realise this POV places me in an extremist category.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote: The only non white roles in western plays and movies are “outsiders”?
Not what I said. Nice one.

I hope your data showing millions of Eurpoean Jews emigrated to Germany in the 1930s just to commit suicide are more reliable.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I thought it was a good strawman. But acknowledge scope for improvement.

The stats actually show strong Jewish migration patterns into Poland during 1943-4.

John D

Post by John D »

Wow... digging o some old Joni Mitchell... This makes me cry. What a sap.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

John D wrote: Wow... digging o some old Joni Mitchell... This makes me cry. What a sap.
She and Sandy Denny stand alone as the purist pop voices IMO. Joni has to edge it, particularly when counting her songwriting.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Posted a liver version, the original recording s better:

John D

Post by John D »

I do a bit of singing and guitar playing... and so... I can much better appreciate really skilled performers....and then... I remember what a hack I am. Haha. But I am a pretty good engineer.. so that is a comfort.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMtIwobqbI

free thoughtpolice

Cannabis yeah!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Posted a liver version
Is there a kidney version?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Please Europe, could you see your way clear to taking in just a few more 3rd World immigrants. You could start with the rays of African sunshine moving up and down this here street in a minibus taxi blasting out bass. 1:30 AM and they've been at it for four hours. This is a residential street with blocks of flats and semi-detached houses. They've just pulled in opposite us again. Cunts. If I ask them to please fuck off I'll get the whole entitled white man thinking he can order black folks around bullshit. Most of the rest of the street, 95% black, know to keep their mouths shut as well. I'm just hoping that a Nigerian drug dealer get's pissed off enough to do something. Amazing thing is that the people being kept awake will be cursing but not give a shit about others when they feel like making a noise.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMudbrooker wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMtIwobqbI
Hot damn that is a fine blast from the past.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: [.=560,315][/BBvideo]
Hot damn that is a fine blast from the past.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Are we posting female vocalists?

Here's my friend Patty of the Naked Barbies / Vagabond Lovers. Her voice is entrancing. I can't find any other videos than this crappy one:

And guess what -- she's even hotter up close & in person.

Check them out. You'll be glad you did.

https://smile.amazon.com/default/e/B000APXACA

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 am
rayshul wrote: I wonder if people just don't understand the Australian dry way of talking. Tbh I've had enough trouble explaining myself to steers, so maybe that's it.

Btw I have put some of my books online for le downloads so if you'd like free reads lemme know ^_^
Is the Australian character defined by what it is in opposition to? For instance, I re-watched Barry McKenzie a while ago - which was written by ex-pats (temporarily at least) - about Australians in London in the 60s/70s. Without the constant foil of the English - I'm not so sure their character would be so well defined. (And that' does not take into account all the normal decent Australians who were appropriately mortified that this aspect of their culture became a defining characteristic / stereotype).

As to the free stuff...how do other authors feel about those that just give it away?
There's certain manners of speech which I think might be harder to parse for non-Australians. I've really only noticed the gap here... and occasionally when I'm around Kiwis who think I'm super rude and get used to it only because they're put under a constant barage of rudeness and realise that's actually just how I talk.

Most of the "free writes" were charged for, but a bunch of rights have reverted back to me from various publishers and I just want people to read my stuff. :D

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:27 pm
The only non white roles in western plays and movies are “outsiders”?

That’s racist. The point I was making was that the principle of ‘best (ignoring racial/ethnic/gender constraints) person for the role based on acting skills’ would not operate in reverse. Despite being advanced here by the Director as a motivational driver. Albeit one which contradicts her other stated motives. But whatever.

Shaka would always be ethnically Zulu. As it should be unless you are going full PoMo. Even then it would be “problematic” Unless he was cast as an Asian maybe. Who the fuck knows.

It is not controversial that the lib-arts have, in general, a problem with their post-colonial, western hating white history. All that privilege and racism and cultural patriarchy.

Or maybe Shatterface has an actual informed counter opinion here?

So it shouldn’t be controversial to detect elements of this mindset in their work. Fucking amazing hey?

***triggering intensifies*** ???

On a happier note, Son has finished his Arabic and has progressed to 2 Eastern European language diplomas. :clap:
I don't grasp honestly how anyone finds you objectionable. AT times I think people are reading something completely different.

I used to keep a list of characters who were either racewronged (see The Shawshank Redemption) or characters where they wanted a particular race for the character and wound up with something different (see Community).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote: snip

Btw I have put some of my books online for le downloads so if you'd like free reads lemme know ^_^

snip

Most of the "free writes" were charged for, but a bunch of rights have reverted back to me from various publishers and I just want people to read my stuff. :D
Just sent you a PM re freebies.

I'll do a review on the Pit. :mrgreen:

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:27 pm
....the principle of ‘best (ignoring racial/ethnic/gender constraints) person for the role based on acting skills’ ....
You're a bit hung up on all this 'acting skills' malarkey.

In the case of TV/Film actors, of course, gender, age, body type and race do come into it because that affects the finished product. That industry is an exception to the general rule of 'best person for the job' - because there is no 'the job' that any actor can do regardless of these factors. They are portraying a character. We can also add the variable of 'place in the pecking order of name-recognition' to this list because they want to get enough star names but they also have to fill up the minor roles.

In this case, maybe they did have in mind a rough quota of dark-skinned actors or maybe they just cast it without melanin-policing at let the cards fall where they would. I guess we'd say the second one is preferable but it's not that much of a big deal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m confused. I referenced an article that attempted to report the decision making process.

The director said this actress was hired because she was the best person for the job. Clearly in this instance the director claims to be remarkably PoMo in her decision tree. And not in a way that reflected elsewhere. Against this I called “bullshit”.

Then she says that she was reflecting today’s multicultural mix. Against which I called “lib-tard”.

Maybe this article would help us?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Apparently it is now OK to label straight boys “twinks”. Or so says TV Magazine. Here is a battle for the ages.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Are we posting female vocalists?
My #1 female singer (non-opera)...

If you don't own the Portishead album "Dummy", you're obviously in Isis.