There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Brive1987 »

It actually appears that “wife” is pissed with pagan AR dissing her “Jew on a stick”.

And Matthew Heimbach beating his wife. As if that wasn’t his patriarchal right.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Oglebart wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:11 am
Service Dog wrote: ... with an electronic chip wristband connected to your credit card-- to pre-pay for drinks...
This says it all really, it's a far cry from a Spiral Tribe or D.I.Y site rave out in the woods somewhere in the 90's.
Was it Johnny Rotten who said that punk would be over once they started selling t-shirts with pre-made holes in them? This is the equivalent for house and rave.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Infighting in the Alt-Right is to be expected - after all they have quite the 'Culture of Critique'.

Luke Ford is an Australian youtuber, a covert to Judaism, and at least periferally involved with the 'Alt Right' (whatever that is) and he has quite a few vids & interviews up if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lukeisback/videos

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:06 am
And it's not like his bitching is in any way profound or insightful. Everything he says is already obvious shit. He just bitches for the sake of bitching.
https://i.imgur.com/JkbNxm0.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:59 pm
It actually appears that “wife” is pissed with pagan AR dissing her “Jew on a stick”.

Beating your wife IS very traditional. It was sanctioned in basically all traditional societies. Trad Life is nasty, brutish and short.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

That's it. WE MUST FIND THE ACTIVE SHOOTER GENE !!!!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Which also happens to be the gene that makes you look like a racially ambiguous mannequin.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

And sexually, for that matter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Beating your wife IS very traditional. It was sanctioned in basically all traditional societies. Trad Life is nasty, brutish and short.
That was kinda my ironic in-joke.

feathers

Post by feathers »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:32 pm
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/988f ... ee5c89bd2d
She has been charged with sexual battery with a student, 16 or 17 years of age, with no aggravated force or coercion.
16 or 17 year old lad ? .. Somehow I doubt she was the one doing the battering :P
:cdc:
I thought 'sexual battery' was jargon for assault with a vibrator.

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 pm
A joke I thought hilarious when I was 15-

Why do you wrap duct tape around a hamster?

So it doesn't explode when you fuck it climax.
Way I was told it when I was 15, and hilarising.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Gender pay gap
'MANCHESTER UNITED LIMITED
The average man at this company is paid 7.4% less than the average woman'

Guess what? These gender pay gap figures are totally meaningless.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

THE ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
The average man at this company is paid 2.5% less than the average woman

What does that even mean? Why is Britain going crazy about gender pay gap figures which are as stupid as saying that the average person doesn't have 2 eyes?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM1957 wrote: THE ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY

What does that even mean? Why is Britain going crazy about gender pay gap figures which are as stupid as saying that the average person doesn't have 2 eyes?
Because of Critical Theory and its "deconstruction" of everything as an identity issue.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

So I start My daily visit to the pyt only to find that the YT shooter is an Iranian vegetableist feminutter, Jenny Mc Loonytunes is having a baby boy ( :o ) and in two minds as to snipping off he top of the poor little chap's winky and Styxenhammer does in fact own a shirt.

Starting to think I've been teleported into an alternative universe :?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Apparently this morning the BBC asked Jordan Peterson to comment on the "Pay Gap" on the BBC morning flagship Radio programme which is according to legend, supposed to set the middle class agenda for the news day. Cue Twitter SJW outrage.......

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: I weep for our high school students.
White male privilege boy splaining, fingers in ears, na na na na na na facts don't matter.

Nice to see the annoying little twatson jnr being swatted away like a persistant fly though :lol:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:42 am

Apparently this morning the BBC asked Jordan Peterson to comment on the "Pay Gap" on the BBC morning flagship Radio programme which is according to legend, supposed to set the middle class agenda for the news day. Cue Twitter SJW outrage.......
So what you are saying is that Jordan Peterson is totally unsuited to comment on the Pay Gap?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Bhurzum wrote:
Well, I've got a couple friends from Iran and neither one so far has thought Iran was better. You are forced to fast during Ramadan in Iran, and they will flog you for drinking alcohol. I don't think you are allowed to criticize Islam there either. But you know "facts" an all that. The USA has some problems so it's probably cathartic for an idiot like Nasim to suggest that Iran is better.

On a related note, the people I've met from Iran (not just the ones I would call friends) all call themselves "Persians" rather than "Iranians". You might interpret that as a comment about the current management of the place.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

shoutinghorse wrote: So I start My daily visit to the pyt only to find that the YT shooter is an Iranian vegetableist feminutter, Jenny Mc Loonytunes is having a baby boy ( :o ) and in two minds as to snipping off he top of the poor little chap's winky and Styxenhammer does in fact own a shirt.

We call that particular universe "The Slymepit"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Suet Cardigan wrote: Youtube shooter's website:

http://www.nasimesabz.com/

It's a typical nutter's website: terrible design, loads of primary colours, lots of things on the front page.
Well, she was clearly as unhinged as fuck, though she didn't appear to be an islamobot. There's more than a few folks on twitter trying to pin this one on the religion of peace, but in this instance, islam really doesn't figure highly - if at all . Yes folks, sometimes muslims can indeed do utterly deranged shit which has nothing to do with their religion.

Also - sorry, but she was kinda hot. Though to be fair, it's not that unusual when it comes to the batshit crazy ones.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dog puke wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: So I start My daily visit to the pyt only to find that the YT shooter is an Iranian vegetableist feminutter, Jenny Mc Loonytunes is having a baby boy ( :o ) and in two minds as to snipping off he top of the poor little chap's winky and Styxenhammer does in fact own a shirt.

We call that particular universe "The Slymepit"
Uh, having a baby. Call CPS...

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tigzy wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote: Youtube shooter's website:

http://www.nasimesabz.com/

It's a typical nutter's website: terrible design, loads of primary colours, lots of things on the front page.
Well, she was clearly as unhinged as fuck, though she didn't appear to be an islamobot. There's more than a few folks on twitter trying to pin this one on the religion of peace, but in this instance, islam really doesn't figure highly - if at all . Yes folks, sometimes muslims can indeed do utterly deranged shit which has nothing to do with their religion.

Also - sorry, but she was kinda hot. Though to be fair, it's not that unusual when it comes to the batshit crazy ones.
I think her family is Bahai so not really Muslim, and not prone to terrorism though they have every reason to be in Iraq and Iran.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I had a crazy girlfriend who acted at times a little bit like the Youtube shooter did in her videos. She didn't have any guns, but she broke my laptop.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote: I think her family is Bahai so not really Muslim, and not prone to terrorism though they have every reason to be in Iraq and Iran.
Yeah, Kirb just informed me on twitter. Also, a lot of right-wingnuts seem to be making an issue of her veganism and that she might be trans, even though there's not the slightest shred of evidence for it. *sigh*

Either way, she's made the root of her rage quite clear - she was wound up to the point of abject lunacy by her belief that Youtube was censoring her videos. The same people who get pissed at how the left attempts to ascribe any motivation other than islam to the likes of ISIS are now trying to ascribe motivations other than the one the perp was quite explicit about. That's a Peezus-level double standard, right there.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jesus Christ, I keep bumping into this numbskull, "Mark" who, whatever the topic, argues that intelligence tests don't test for intelligence, but rather for income, and that blacks aren't really less intelligent on average, just poorer:
So if one group has an IQ that is higher, and if you don’t control for income. Then you are misinterpreting the data. You are measuring family income.
Am I missing something here? Does he really believe that if you gave individual blacks more money, their IQ test scores would shoot up?

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3838919883

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jesus Christ, I keep bumping into this numbskull, "Mark" who, whatever the topic, argues that intelligence tests don't test for intelligence, but rather for income, and that blacks aren't really less intelligent on average, just poorer:
So if one group has an IQ that is higher, and if you don’t control for income. Then you are misinterpreting the data. You are measuring family income.

Am I missing something here? Does he really believe that if you gave individual blacks more money, their IQ test scores would shoot up?

Doesn't his logic also lead to the following conclusion?

Should we also control for melanin-levels? Because if you don't control for melanin-levels, then you misinterpreting the data. You are measuring skin colour.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: I think her family is Bahai so not really Muslim, and not prone to terrorism though they have every reason to be in Iraq and Iran.
Yeah, Kirb just informed me on twitter. Also, a lot of right-wingnuts seem to be making an issue of her veganism and that she might be trans, even though there's not the slightest shred of evidence for it. *sigh*

Either way, she's made the root of her rage quite clear - she was wound up to the point of abject lunacy by her belief that Youtube was censoring her videos. The same people who get pissed at how the left attempts to ascribe any motivation other than islam to the likes of ISIS are now trying to ascribe motivations other than the one the perp was quite explicit about. That's a Peezus-level double standard, right there.
Identity politics always lead to mild, self-inflicted retardation, whether it's the Regressive mindset that All Muslims are Poor, Innocent Victims who Never Did Anything Wrong or the far-right mindset that All Muslims (or Vaguely Muslim-Ish people) are Ticking Time Bombs Waiting for the WorldWide Jihad.

In truth while islam sucks, and badly, and is in DIRE need of modernization and liberalization on a vast scale, individual muslims are just like all other people (surprise, surprise). There are fundamentalist, conservative muslism, muslims who are only "Friday Muslisms" and don't care much about their religion beyond the bare minimum, identitarian muslims who make it more about the dirty kaffirs and less about what islam really is, muslims who pretend to be fundamentalists but are actually hypocrites and then regret what they'd done, muslims by conformism, muslims who are genuinely buying into the lovey-dovey side of islam which they see in the Qu'ran, progressive muslims, "Cafeteria Muslims", nominal muslims, atheists who have to pretend to stil believe to avoid bad consequences, and then, like in this case, people who aren't "canonically" muslims, or aren't muslims at all, but are mistaken as such.

There are no clear-cut tests to determine who's who, and people sometimes change their minds. The best you can do is a) criticize the bad messages b) point out WHO is promoting the bad messages c) promote better messages from better people, d) mock and satirize the bad and nonsensical messages e) cut the funds and protections of the theocratic regimes which are spreading bad message f) have a RATIONAL immigration policy which privileges those who are better educated, with better job perspectives and/or are part of oppressed minorities (LGBT, atheists, religious minorities like the Ahmadi/Ba'hai, etc.) fleeing from muslim theocratic regimes. Stopping the meddling in the Middle East and stopping the supporting of troublemakers in the area would also help.

Also it helps to be clear about WHAT you want to protect: Enlightenment values rather than po-mo deconstruction or the European Trad Life, the former of which is all about victimhood policies, while the latter is about bringing back the same kind of reactionary messages that the reactionaries within islam are fighting for.

But of course this approach, let's call it the Nugent way, is far too low-key for various clickbait mongers, identitarian shit-stirrers, outrage "journalists" and other assorted media clickwhores.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Jesus Christ, I keep bumping into this numbskull, "Mark" who, whatever the topic, argues that intelligence tests don't test for intelligence, but rather for income, and that blacks aren't really less intelligent on average, just poorer:

I think that the missing link here is education.

I could see a chain of reasoning that goes: a) more wealth, better education b) better education, more stimuli to intelligence c) more stimuli to intelligence, higher IQ score.

So I could see an indirect effect rather than simply "more money, higher IQ score". Also something compatible with the idea that differences in IQ scores are due in part to genetics. In a way it would be like saying that training helps athletes in rich countries to achieve better results, which is true, while it's also true that genetics play a role about who's going to become a better athlete.

It's not that being rich makes you smarter, but being rich gets you better education standards and better teachers that allow you to better exercise and improve your natural smarts, so poor people stuck in worse schools with poor education standards and worse teachers don't get as many incentives and "brain training". Not everyone can achieve the same results under the same training regime, but a better training regime can allow some people to achieve better results than others under a worse training regime.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:04 am
Brive1987 wrote:

Trad life=Putin :rimshot:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Mind you, a cultural attitude that denigrates education could also lead to lower IQ test results, even controlling for income. If your parents don't motivate you to study and don't give you enough intellectual stimuli all the potential gains from better education could be lost.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:04 am
Brive1987 wrote:

Trad life=Putin :rimshot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wFKNy0MZQ

free thoughtpolice

Old_Ones wrote:
On a related note, the people I've met from Iran (not just the ones I would call friends) all call themselves "Persians" rather than "Iranians". You might interpret that as a comment about the current management of the place.
More to do I think with distinguishing themselves from the Azeris, Balochis, and others that comprise Iran. Kind of like the English and Scots in the UK or the Habitants, First Nations, and Anglosaxophones in Canada.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

This Nasime Sabz is exactly how I imagine the type of lass that Service Dog finds himself working with - so watch yourself! :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:

I could see a chain of reasoning that goes: a) more wealth, better education b) better education, more stimuli to intelligence c) more stimuli to intelligence, higher IQ score.

So I could see an indirect effect rather than simply "more money, higher IQ score". Also something compatible with the idea that differences in IQ scores are due in part to genetics. In a way it would be like saying that training helps athletes in rich countries to achieve better results, which is true, while it's also true that genetics play a role about who's going to become a better athlete.

It's not that being rich makes you smarter, but being rich gets you better education standards and better teachers that allow you to better exercise and improve your natural smarts, so poor people stuck in worse schools with poor education standards and worse teachers don't get as many incentives and "brain training". Not everyone can achieve the same results under the same training regime, but a better training regime can allow some people to achieve better results than others under a worse training regime.
Access to quality education is one factor. But just pumping money into inner city schools has failed to have any effect. Lack of valuation of education among the urban black subculture is a critical factor. You also can't operate a functioning school when the inmates students are not well-behaved or respectful of authority.

What most definitely cannot be accomplished is to increase intelligence in adults.

I suspect that Mark the Mong truly believes that black IQ scores are artificially suppressed by their economic background, and don't reflect their actual intelligence. It's a common yet insidious meme among SJWs, who also also regurgitate the false meme that IQ tests are grossly, culturally biased. It all flies in the face of the evidence, but is the only conclusion they can make while still preserving their alternate reality.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Access to quality education is one factor. But just pumping money into inner city schools has failed to have any effect. Lack of valuation of education among the urban black subculture is a critical factor. You also can't operate a functioning school when the inmates students are not well-behaved or respectful of authority.

What most definitely cannot be accomplished is to increase intelligence in adults.

I suspect that Mark the Mong truly believes that black IQ scores are artificially suppressed by their economic background, and don't reflect their actual intelligence. It's a common yet insidious meme among SJWs, who also also regurgitate the false meme that IQ tests are grossly, culturally biased. It all flies in the face of the evidence, but is the only conclusion they can make while still preserving their alternate reality.

John D

Post by John D »

Fuck the fuck out of me. It's a men's choir. That's a certain kind of thing. There are lot's of all female choirs.... Fucking hell.... there is a Vienna Boys Choir for fucks sake. The Vienna Boys Choir doesn't promote sex or age diversity....cause it's a GOD DAMNED BOYS CHOIR!

John D

Post by John D »

Okay... so life is as weird as can be.
Nasim Najafi Aghdam set to Hall and Oates #1

http://www.nasimesabz.com/https://www.y ... kQgAwfdz7Y

John D

Post by John D »

This one is better I think.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Welcome to London innit bruv.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

shoutinghorse wrote: Welcome to London innit bruv.

"Whagwan"
"Fuckin' Feds"

Those poor bobbies are in for a shit summer if it's a hot one.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Sadiq Khan has reminded us today that it is spring and we can visit the parks in London. Not sure that telling us what season it is should be his number one priority.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Identity politics always lead to mild, self-inflicted retardation

(snip)
Mild if you are lucky. The severe cases turn into Jonathan McIntosh and spend the rest of their lives inventing new "genders" out of random adjectives or trying to prove that breathing is a social construct.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Britain's thought police counter terrorist police visiting a guy at home to ask about his political beliefs and his social media platform, even suggesting at one point he talks to some nice Muslims to explain himself. The guy being questioned does well to be honest. I'm not so sure I would have been so understanding toward their motives and questions.

The UK is now in effect a police state.

Have a listen if you have a spare 30 mins.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Hard to tell on my phone, but did I just witness a crowd of immigrants chase off the police and trash their car? Betcha those officers wouldn't mind a sidearm right then...

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:04 pm
https://imgur.com/moCgrLI.jpg
IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER! :character-beavisbutthead:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Identity politics always lead to mild, self-inflicted retardation,

Maybe. Though that certainly also applies to the identatarian group known as “liberal civic nationalists”. Your card is available for pick up from the table.

In truth while islam sucks, and badly, and is in DIRE need of modernization and liberalization on a vast scale, individual muslims are just like all other people (surprise, surprise).

”Other people” don’t fly planes into buildings or cut soldiers throats on the streets, or impose alien legal systems while engaged in a culture war with their host society

There are fundamentalist, conservative muslism, muslims who are only "Friday Muslisms" and don't care much about their religion beyond the bare minimum, identitarian muslims who make it more about the dirty kaffirs and less about what islam really is, muslims who pretend to be fundamentalists but are actually hypocrites and then regret what they'd done, muslims by conformism, muslims who are genuinely buying into the lovey-dovey side of islam which they see in the Qu'ran, progressive muslims, "Cafeteria Muslims", nominal muslims, atheists who have to pretend to stil believe to avoid bad consequences, and then, like in this case, people who aren't "canonically" muslims, or aren't muslims at all, but are mistaken as such.

Pretty confusing there. 1970s Australia didn’t appear to have to struggle with these overseas issues. In fact the cucumber sandwich Anglican Church appears quite sane.

There are no clear-cut tests to determine who's who, and people sometimes change their minds.

Well there’s a fucking problem eh? When the downside is holy jihad against your people.

The best you can do is a) criticize the bad messages b) point out WHO is promoting the bad messages c) promote better messages from better people, d) mock and satirize the bad and nonsensical messages e) cut the funds and protections of the theocratic regimes which are spreading bad message f) have a RATIONAL immigration policy which privileges those who are better educated, with better job perspectives and/or are part of oppressed minorities (LGBT, atheists, religious minorities like the Ahmadi/Ba'hai, etc.) fleeing from muslim theocratic regimes. Stopping the meddling in the Middle East and stopping the supporting of troublemakers in the area would also help.

I appreciate your discrimination based on paper (as a proxy for intellectual based cultural alignment) . But 911 pilots were mostly good university boys weren’t they? It appears education isn’t a silver bullet replacing pissing on a koran. You have ignored the commonsense dog park approach. A new dog isn’t assumed friendly, even when we know only a minority of doggies are aggressive. Rover is watched and subjected to “unfair” vetting of a higher order than the proven dogs. He is on a one strike hurdle. And when 30 rovers stream in as a pack ... we shut the fucking gate.

Also it helps to be clear about WHAT you want to protect: Enlightenment values rather than po-mo deconstruction or the European Trad Life, the former of which is all about victimhood policies, while the latter is about bringing back the same kind of reactionary messages that the reactionaries within islam are fighting for.

The trad movement is a reaction to the vacuum of an oxymoronic “society” focused on individualism which is being attacked by cultural entry-ism. It acknowledges that a society should be a definable group operating with shared values and common goal. It’s premise is that society is ultimately an interconnected set of aligned collectives. And, given the importance of children, this begins with the family with the component members having actual “Job descriptions” of a sort and KPIs/responsibilities. This doesn’t preclude individualism operating within the accepted parameters of the broader group. A point you will ignore as an unwanted complexity to your strawman. Trad values reflect this dynamic within a euro context. There is no drive to return to a given historical epoch. Now you may disagree with this model. But at least project awareness of what you are attacking.

But of course this approach, let's call it the Nugent way, is far too low-key for various clickbait mongers, identitarian shit-stirrers, outrage "journalists" and other assorted media clickwhores.

You seem very emotionally charged for someone not defending a group construct or identity. Does this not raise a red flag for you?

Here. To soothe your roiled “blut”. Today’s Panzerleid is a Kirb-centric relaxing piano zen version...

free thoughtpolice

proboxingfan wrote:
IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER! :character-beavisbutthead:
IT'S THE EYE OF THE LOON! :violence-ak47:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: The trad movement is a reaction to the vacuum of an oxymoronic “society” focused on individualism which is being attacked by cultural entry-ism. It acknowledges that a society should be a definable group operating with shared values and common goal. It’s premise is that society is ultimately an interconnected set of aligned collectives. And, given the importance of children, this begins with the family with the component members having actual “Job descriptions” of a sort and KPIs/responsibilities. This doesn’t preclude individualism operating within the accepted parameters of the broader group. A point you will ignore as an unwanted complexity to your strawman. Trad values reflect this dynamic within a euro context. There is no drive to return to a given historical epoch. Now you may disagree with this model. But at least project awareness of what you are attacking.
Which values? Which goals? It's easy to talk about those things in vague terms and then accuse others to straw-man. I'm basing my analysis of the TradLife from its practitioners, the vast majority of which are Christian conservatives or nostalgic for a patriarchal age, with all the assorted reactionary ideas, which are the same reactionary ideas which we rightly criticize about islam.

If children are so important what motivates people to have them are affordable child care services, better and cheaper education, tax breaks and work-related incentives, FAR more than "traditional job descriptions".
Australians want more children than they actually have, according to newly released data collected as part of the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia Survey.

Analysing data over 15 years, the study reports that by age 40, Australian men and women desire 1.5 more children than they actually have. Women are also having children at later ages than previous cohorts: only 30% of Australian men and women report having their desired number of children by age 35.
Australian women WANT more children. The problem isn't with a lack of "traditional values", but with a demanding job market and limited welfare for families and child care.
Australia also has a very limited welfare state to support working families, while workplace norms emphasise long work hours. Mothers in Australia are most likely to reduce to part-time work when children are preschool-aged: Australian women report some of the highest part-time employment rates in the world.

The Australian workplace has also failed to meet the demands of modern families. Few offer reduced work time and flexible work arrangements to working parents. Australian workers report some of the longest weekly work hours in the world, imposing time demands that are often incompatible with raising children.

You seem very emotionally charged for someone not defending a group construct or identity. Does this not raise a red flag for you?

Here. To soothe your roiled “blut”. Today’s Panzerleid is a Kirb-centric relaxing piano zen version...
Being emotionally charged isn't incompatible with a defense of principles. Yes, I dislike shit-stirrers and clickbait "journalism". I don't suffer fools gladly.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Access to quality education is one factor. But just pumping money into inner city schools has failed to have any effect. Lack of valuation of education among the urban black subculture is a critical factor. You also can't operate a functioning school when the inmates students are not well-behaved or respectful of authority.
Busing, on the other hand, worked rather well at breaking up ghettoized school districts, both getting some black students out of that cultural environment and by injecting a bit of lily white culture into predominantly black schools.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Its.......Fat Time.......!!
DZ9b_hSVQAACiyx.jpg
(119.95 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sunder wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Access to quality education is one factor. But just pumping money into inner city schools has failed to have any effect. Lack of valuation of education among the urban black subculture is a critical factor. You also can't operate a functioning school when the inmates students are not well-behaved or respectful of authority.
Busing, on the other hand, worked rather well at breaking up ghettoized school districts, both getting some black students out of that cultural environment and by injecting a bit of lily white culture into predominantly black schools.
This American Life did a great story on the benefits of compulsory integration.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/562/th ... h-part-one

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/563/th ... h-part-two

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The fact that fat bodies fail to keep up with normative tempos was proven mathematically by Einstein a century ago.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Shatterface wrote: The fact that fat bodies fail to keep up with normative tempos was proven mathematically by Einstein a century ago.
The second law of Adiposedynamics?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:
LOL. The busing only went in one direction where I grew up. And once we got to high school, the black kids I'd been friends with were pressured by the other blacks from their neighborhood to only associate with other blacks and to stop overtly trying to be good students.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Don't know if this is related, but my Lindy West comment at WEIT has lasted a lot longer than I expected.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fuck that was supposed to be about fat time

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Fuck that was supposed to be about fat time