There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by InfraRedBucket »

In other News, New York Times appoints writer on "Consequences of Technology"
Next day, Gets fired as a consequence of technology....
MWSnap081 2018-02-14, 17_35_15.jpg
(74.37 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
The Times editorial board announced on Tuesday morning that Norton had been hired as a columnist on power, culture, and the consequences of technology.

"We’re excited to have Quinn to help our readers understand what’s possible and what’s sensible, and where we’re all headed," the board said.

Norton, who previously covered the Occupy and Anonymous groups for Wired magazine, has also had her work published in the Atlantic and other publications, according to her personal website.

On her Patreon page, Norton said that she had "gently shot down" the idea of writing for the Times when members of the editorial board first approached her in January.

"I tried to imply, strongly, I'm kind of weird," she wrote, before eventually accepting the offer. Her goal in taking the position, she said, was "to help the world understand itself well enough to stop the abuse before it started."

Past tweets emerge.....
MWSnap083 2018-02-14, 18_17_18.jpg
(74.06 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

https://www.buzzfeed.com/blakemontgomer ... .xwBPDYreV
Attachments
sub-buzz-19073-1518570604-3.jpg
(21.57 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

piginthecity wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Blah blah remoaners blah blah crybabies blah blah pathetic etc ...
I don't understand why you're so upset about this. The reality is that half the country thought one thing and half thought another. It's not realistic to suppose that millions of people are going to suddenly change their minds.

The main point, though, is that nothing hinges on this at all. The government consider themselves bound by the results of their referendum, even the ones who think it's a bad policy and it's passed the point of no return now. It is worrying, though, how many of those who thought leaving the EU was such a great idea now seem to regard the policy as so fragile that the mere existence of people who disagree is going to scupper it.

An incoming McDonnell/Corbyn government (all but inevitable given current shambles) won't have the political will or the ability to reverse it, so you don't have to worry there.

It's as if, if we all close our eyes, wish upon a star and pretend that May and Johnson are doing anything other than haplessly muddling through, all the obvious economic consequences of this policy will just go away.
I'm not 'upset' I'm more infuriated than anything. I find it pathetic and rather disturbing that there are people in this country that have lost all concept of democracy. We had a referendum, everyone knew the score, everyone knew the rules, the establishment tried every fucking trick in the book to get the vote they wanted (Remain) and when the vote didn't go their way all we've had since is this childish butt-hurt "Not Me .. Not Me .. Not Me" crap. Their whole argument is everyone who voted leave is either thick, too old, or has been hoodwinked because they were lied to about a slogan on a bus and we need a 2nd referendum because .... What? because what? you didn't get the result you like? That's about he strength of it.
Can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot and Remain had won and a feeble but vociferous percentage of the Leave side were calling for a 2nd referendum or to scupper the democratic will of the majority? They would have been shut down in a heartbeat.

I didn't vote for a Tory Government, never have, but I accept they are in power at least until we go to the polls again. I don't continually whine that the last election should be reversed or ignored because I didn't like the result. Imagine the FA cup final and Chelsea lose 2-1 to Spurs and half the Chelsea fans demand a replay because it wasn't the outcome they hoped for. That's the crux of it. As I say, they are pathetic.

As for Theresa May's handling of the negotiations, well that's a different argument altogether and one where I'm inclined to agree with you to a certain extend. :(

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote: If my local cinema holds an all-black showing for Black Panther I'm going to Bret Weinstein my way in.

And if they hold an all-female showing for the next Wonder Woman I'll Harvey Weinstein my way in.
Evergreen State College in bottom 10 for free speech in the nation.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... ee-speech/

Guest_7985ecc9

Post by Guest_7985ecc9 »

Why would they pick fruit for minimum wage minus whatever the employer is deducting for food and bunk bed when they can get £130 a week plus bedsit rent paid by going on the sick, which they're entitled under the law to do after being here 3 months and which every year a proportion of the labourers on my mate's strawberry farm do every single season?

Seriously though, I won't deny that the drop in the value of the pound compared to the Euro has made the UK a less attractive destination for workers who come to extract money from the economy and send it home.

CaughtUpLoclkedOut

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Your mom is a stage mom and Aunt Danielle is your biggest fan.

Run away, little dude. Just run.

https://imgur.com/1dSkr1O.jpg

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Guest_7985ecc9 wrote: Why would they pick fruit for minimum wage minus whatever the employer is deducting for food and bunk bed when they can get £130 a week plus bedsit rent paid by going on the sick, which they're entitled under the law to do after being here 3 months and which every year a proportion of the labourers on my mate's strawberry farm do every single season?

Seriously though, I won't deny that the drop in the value of the pound compared to the Euro has made the UK a less attractive destination for workers who come to extract money from the economy and send it home.

CaughtUpLoclkedOut
The EU Freedom of Movement rules:
EU CITIZENS MUST BE SELF-SUPPORTING. After 3 months in the UK EU migrants need to be either working, have a member of the family working or have sufficient funds to live (and have full sickness insurance). If not then they can be returned to their home country.
In contrast Belgium requires all migrants to register at their Town Hall within 3 months of entering the country and if they intend to work their claim will be assessed and will be processed within 6 months.
The problem with abuses of the system which undoubted go on, is that for years, the UK Govts of both parties, havent had the will or means to track individuals entering the country for work in order to enforce the FOM regulations that already existed and send them home.
Where I live in Waltham Forest, (London Borough) we had the influx of Eastern Europeans around 2004 , many of whom are still here.
If the work was no longer around, there wasnt the political will to get then to go back and the longer they are here, the harder it gets.

https://brexit853.wordpress.com/2016/09 ... directive/

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

InfraRedBucket wrote: In other News, New York Times appoints writer on "Consequences of Technology"
Next day, Gets fired as a consequence of technology....

MWSnap081 2018-02-14, 17_35_15.jpg
The Times editorial board announced on Tuesday morning that Norton had been hired as a columnist on power, culture, and the consequences of technology.

"We’re excited to have Quinn to help our readers understand what’s possible and what’s sensible, and where we’re all headed," the board said.

Norton, who previously covered the Occupy and Anonymous groups for Wired magazine, has also had her work published in the Atlantic and other publications, according to her personal website.

On her Patreon page, Norton said that she had "gently shot down" the idea of writing for the Times when members of the editorial board first approached her in January.

"I tried to imply, strongly, I'm kind of weird," she wrote, before eventually accepting the offer. Her goal in taking the position, she said, was "to help the world understand itself well enough to stop the abuse before it started."

Past tweets emerge.....

MWSnap083 2018-02-14, 18_17_18.jpg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/blakemontgomer ... .xwBPDYreV
I won't lie, she sounds pretty cool

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ape+lust wrote: Your mom is a stage mom and Aunt Danielle is your biggest fan.

There's absolutely nothing creepy about a fat bloke in a dress ogling children playing dress-up.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Amazing little Girl?
Did Zir just assume someone's gender again?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm
Keating wrote: Great. Now it’s out of context, and I look like Steersman.
Yea, I get a lot of that too - people unwilling to look at the context and then leaping to untenable conclusions ... ;)
Splendid! Splendid, my boy. Keep running those self-justification routines and you'll soon catch up with the rest of us, here in 1953. What's that? Why am I here? Well, everyone's got to be somewhere.....

A Goon moment brought you by Henry Crun and Eccles, available in a coal cellar near you. Now carry on (hmm...could make a funny movie from that phrase!)

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I keep hearing that there are relatively normal trannies out there. My experience IRL and online contradicts that. And a pic from Twatter- Find the tranny!
DWBIclaW0AA5XvX.jpeg
(48.02 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Steersman may have extra time as he searches for gametes.

Guest_7985ecc9

Post by Guest_7985ecc9 »

Oh I agree that the UK government could on paper do more to enforce things, but when we do we get taken to the ECJ. We can't even deport people convicted of serious crimes (I dont mean non eu terroristy types, I mean drug dealers and gangsters) A lot of why I voted out is so the government won't have the EU shield to hide behind anymore and have to own their policies.

Seeing what Moggy has on offer, if we did have a 2nd ref I'd probably vote remain.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
I don't understand why you're so upset about this. The reality is that half the country thought one thing and half thought another. It's not realistic to suppose that millions of people are going to suddenly change their minds.

The main point, though, is that nothing hinges on this at all. The government consider themselves bound by the results of their referendum, even the ones who think it's a bad policy and it's passed the point of no return now. It is worrying, though, how many of those who thought leaving the EU was such a great idea now seem to regard the policy as so fragile that the mere existence of people who disagree is going to scupper it.

An incoming McDonnell/Corbyn government (all but inevitable given current shambles) won't have the political will or the ability to reverse it, so you don't have to worry there.

It's as if, if we all close our eyes, wish upon a star and pretend that May and Johnson are doing anything other than haplessly muddling through, all the obvious economic consequences of this policy will just go away.
2/3 of Labour supporters voted against leaving, but strangely enough Corbyn's at most pretty lukewarm/neutral acceptance of the EU (and the reluctant status quo) was probably closer to my own view at the time, and possible quite a few people, but if given the close margin of the result ,
he could have swung it . But it's the uncertainty that is worse thing and we are now clearer about what will happen 18 months or so on.
Corbyn could have killed Brexit if he wanted. He didn't. He basically did nothing at all to support remaining.

I really enjoyed reading All Out War by Tim Shipman on this.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

All Out War is £2.99 on Kindle. I might give that a shot.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Guest_7985ecc9 wrote: Oh I agree that the UK government could on paper do more to enforce things, but when we do we get taken to the ECJ. We can't even deport people convicted of serious crimes (I dont mean non eu terroristy types, I mean drug dealers and gangsters) A lot of why I voted out is so the government won't have the EU shield to hide behind anymore and have to own their policies.

Seeing what Moggy has on offer, if we did have a 2nd ref I'd probably vote remain.

CaughtUpLockedOut
On deporting criminals , and their assumed human rights etc, it is usually the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), not the European Court of Justice (ECJ) that is involved.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Where I live in Waltham Forest, (London Borough)
Two connections, one of which is that I used to drive through Walthamstow very early in the morning to avoid the rush on the north circular on my way to Enfield, E15 to EN4. Consequently, when I fell asleep at the wheel and bothered a bollard I did something nasty to the steering of my TR7. Rather hard to tell when a TR7 has something wrong versus it being designed that way, but there you are.
Then there was the coroner's court somewhere in those parts when a lady with a car and a hosepipe did what she felt was needful in Epping Forest. The coroner was very kind, for which I was grateful as I was a bit upset about it. Both she (a widow attending a psychiatric day hospital on maximum doses of the available antidepressants of the day, to whom I also administered ECT) and another in-patient (an anglo-indian teacher released for the weekend, and who was awaiting for trial for sexually molesting his niece, and who possessed a rope and some bannisters) did away with themselves the same weekend. I learnt about both on the Monday morning, and despite my strong and youthful immune system, I had an exemplary shingles rash around my trunk by Wednesday. And that was how I learned how immunity might be modulated by the psyche. No treatment for shingles then, beyond the useless Herplex-D paint, so I had a few days of bliss courtesy of buprenorphine. Took about twenty years for the tingling on my flank to go away, but it did, eventually.

The moral: don't try to drive over bollards, 1980's psychiatry could not relieve all pains (update available for every decade since), and you should get a shingles vaccine, unless you're such a child you had the chickenpox vaccine and can't get shingles.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

2/3 of Labour supporters voted against leaving, but strangely enough Corbyn's at most pretty lukewarm/neutral acceptance of the EU (and the reluctant status quo) was probably closer to my own view at the time, and possible quite a few people, but if given the close margin of the result ,
he could have swung it . But it's the uncertainty that is worse thing and we are now clearer about what will happen 18 months or so on.
Corbyn could have killed Brexit if he wanted. He didn't. He basically did nothing at all to support remaining.

I really enjoyed reading All Out War by Tim Shipman on this.
Havent read the book, but wasnt the hands off policy the influence of Putin Apologist Seumas Milne who had criticised the EU in the past?
Brexit destablising the EU as Putin would have quite liked?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:

There's absolutely nothing creepy about a fat bloke in a dress ogling children playing dress-up.
What's he got against Stephoknee?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Where I live in Waltham Forest, (London Borough)
Two connections, one of which is that I used to drive through Walthamstow very early in the morning to avoid the rush on the north circular on my way to Enfield...
Do you have any evidence to the existence of this Enfield?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/1b/e4/6e/1be4 ... e74d94.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 am
Shatterface wrote: If my local cinema holds an all-black showing for Black Panther I'm going to Bret Weinstein my way in.

And if they hold an all-female showing for the next Wonder Woman I'll Harvey Weinstein my way in.

That's a big shock! :D

Just listened to the Rubin show with the Weinstein's, and Bret (who still has contacts at the college) says the faculty have "doubled down", and there are no signs of improvement. There are staff there who agree with Bret, who are shit-scared to say anything. The SocJus mob rule the roost, and fucking college can burn, AFAIAC.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 am

Indeed, they are now the Harvard of the Pacific Northwest.
https://www.thefire.org/the-10-worst-co ... eech-2018/

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

shoutinghorse wrote:
I'm not 'upset' I'm more infuriated than anything. I find it pathetic and rather disturbing that there are people in this country that have lost all concept of democracy. We had a referendum, everyone knew the score, everyone knew the rules, the establishment tried every fucking trick in the book to get the vote they wanted (Remain) and when the vote didn't go their way all we've had since is this childish butt-hurt "Not Me .. Not Me .. Not Me" crap. Their whole argument is everyone who voted leave is either thick, too old, or has been hoodwinked because they were lied to about a slogan on a bus and we need a 2nd referendum because .... What? because what? you didn't get the result you like? That's about he strength of it.
Can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot and Remain had won and a feeble but vociferous percentage of the Leave side were calling for a 2nd referendum or to scupper the democratic will of the majority? They would have been shut down in a heartbeat.

I didn't vote for a Tory Government, never have, but I accept they are in power at least until we go to the polls again. I don't continually whine that the last election should be reversed or ignored because I didn't like the result. Imagine the FA cup final and Chelsea lose 2-1 to Spurs and half the Chelsea fans demand a replay because it wasn't the outcome they hoped for. That's the crux of it. As I say, they are pathetic.

As for Theresa May's handling of the negotiations, well that's a different argument altogether and one where I'm inclined to agree with you to a certain extend. :(
A referendum is for the individual to express their opinion. It is not for the individual to be told what their opinion must thereafter be.

"Concept of democracy" indeed !

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Horrific school shooting in Florida.
The perp has already been identified. Twitter being twitter, he's also been identified as white, hispanic, black, muslim, a YPG anti-isis fighter, a communist, an ardent Trumper and so on and so forth. Basically, whatever your political affiliation, you can be darned sure this creep was the antithesis of it made flesh. Inevitably, the fucking tiresome Sam Hyde and Family Guy Skin Colour memes have also sprouted.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D is still in Michigan isn't he? :think:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kind of funny sight when I went for my walk along the beach today. A flock of about two dozen seagulls and crows chased a van for about a half mile down the the road. Presumably they had been feeding the birds and when they drove away the passenger kept throwing handfuls of cheetos out of the window.
Looked almost like something out of "The Birds".

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

piginthecity wrote: A referendum is for the individual to express their opinion. It is not for the individual to be told what their opinion must thereafter be.

Yes, but this particular referendum came with the caveat, 'The government will implement what you decide.' Knowing that there would be a substantial and lasting consequence was intrinsic to the expression of said opinion.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Doc Screwtape, you should write a memoir.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

piginthecity wrote: A referendum is for the individual to express their opinion. It is not for the individual to be told what their opinion must thereafter be.

When our democratically elected Government (who stood on a manifesto of giving the nation an In or Out referendum) hands the decision to the British people and says "It's your opportunity to decide" then that's the concept of democracy. Spin it all you want mate, we were given the choice, the majority chose to leave. Your side lost, get over it and lets get it done.

https://i.imgur.com/ptA5GAm.png
https://i.imgur.com/M1ZWDvc.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote: Horrific school shooting in Florida.
The perp has already been identified. Twitter being twitter, he's also been identified as white, hispanic, black, muslim, a YPG anti-isis fighter, a communist, an ardent Trumper and so on and so forth. Basically, whatever your political affiliation, you can be darned sure this creep was the antithesis of it made flesh. Inevitably, the fucking tiresome Sam Hyde and Family Guy Skin Colour memes have also sprouted.
He sounds pretty intersectional to me, which means that the Patriarchy is clearly responsible.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

At least 17 dead.

:( :( :(

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I thought that when people upload photos and video to Twitter, they are in the "public domain".

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm
I thought that when people upload photos and video to Twitter, they are in the "public domain".
I ain't no lawyer, but in general at most websites the TOS state you retain copyright, but permit the website (twitter) to republish it on their servers and perhaps to license it (depending on the website)

https://twitter.com/en/tos#usContent
Your Rights

You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. What’s yours is yours — you own your Content (and your photos and videos are part of the Content).

By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). This license authorizes us to make your Content available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same. You agree that this license includes the right for Twitter to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals for the syndication, broadcast, distribution, promotion or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use. Such additional uses by Twitter, or other companies, organizations or individuals, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
Yesterday a Google Engineer got footage of that 777 engine whose cowling fell off, and he made it a point to give everyone BUT fox permission, doing his part to strike Trump down!

That said, most of the people asking for permission are going to steal it anyway.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Nikolas Cruz
Former student. 19 years old. Had been expelled for disciplinary problems. Wore a Trump MAGA hat.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas- ... instagram/

https://i.imgur.com/lHclKmM.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote: Nikolas Cruz
Former student. 19 years old. Had been expelled for disciplinary problems. Wore a Trump MAGA hat.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas- ... instagram/

[.img]https://i.imgur.com/lHclKmM.jpg[/img]
I'll see your Trump hat, and raise you an Akbar ... ;-)

CONTROLLING THE NARRATIVE: Facebook-Owned Instagram Quietly Deletes Nicolas Cruz Accounts

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” Jim Gard, a math teacher who had the suspected shooter in his class last year, told the newspaper. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard said the school administration sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack.
Missed opportunity.

I wonder if being convicted of making threats to someone is a reason to deny someone's ability to buy a firearm. That would be extremely handy.
Watford said Cruz “talked about guns a lot.” He also said Cruz complained often about bullying and said Cruz “had beef with one kid.” Watford’s brother Mike, told Buzzfeed News, that Cruz talked about “how tired he was of everyone picking on him and the staff doing nothing about it,” and said, “something definitely pushed him.
A person who knew Cruz, Nicholas Coke, told the Miami Herald that Cruz was a loner who left school and moved to North Florida after his mother died. “He had a lot of problems in middle school.
Also killed small animals. And a gun enthusiast.

So not a huge shocker. Kid heavily bullied in high school. Instead of receiving help gets expelled after he inevitably over reacts. Mother dies. Probably couldn't get into ROTC or the army if he couldn't graduate from high school. This young adult's life was fucked.

He needed the right psychological and mentoring care on how to deal with the bullying from middle school on up.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am
Your mom is a stage mom and Aunt Danielle is your biggest fan.

She lives in DC now? Thought she was homeless and haven't heard about her getting a job. It is nice to see that Danielle doesn't have to worry about showing paternal affection to children in the way people like Dave need to. Patriarchy is to blame, of course.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Steersman wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 pm
I'll see your Trump hat, and raise you an Akbar ... ;-)

CONTROLLING THE NARRATIVE: Facebook-Owned Instagram Quietly Deletes Nicolas Cruz Accounts
Yeah. Not too happy about the Trump hat. Obviously people are looking for signs of who he is so they can use it to try and blame their ideological opponents.

But this one looks clear. Schools do a shitty job of dealing with bullying. If the victim fights back, they get in trouble. The intervention should have started in at least middle school.

A dead mother & no future sealed this deal. Once he had no hope, he blamed the people who expelled him.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” Jim Gard, a math teacher who had the suspected shooter in his class last year, told the newspaper. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard said the school administration sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack.
Missed opportunity.

I wonder if being convicted of making threats to someone is a reason to deny someone's ability to buy a firearm. That would be extremely handy.
Watford said Cruz “talked about guns a lot.” He also said Cruz complained often about bullying and said Cruz “had beef with one kid.” Watford’s brother Mike, told Buzzfeed News, that Cruz talked about “how tired he was of everyone picking on him and the staff doing nothing about it,” and said, “something definitely pushed him.
A person who knew Cruz, Nicholas Coke, told the Miami Herald that Cruz was a loner who left school and moved to North Florida after his mother died. “He had a lot of problems in middle school.

So not a huge shocker. Kid heavily bullied in high school. Instead of receiving help gets expelled after he inevitably over reacts. Mother dies. Probably couldn't get into ROTC or the army if he couldn't graduate from high school. This young adult's life was fucked.

He needed the right psychological and mentoring care on how to deal with the bullying from middle school on up.
The Trump Maga hat was from the wrong instagram account, to my understanding. I did see an allahu Akbar and he is not Lily white, so I am guessing he is in the long line of white terrorists with zero mental illness like Zimmerman and Sideshow Bob from the Denver theater massacre.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The young adult also appears to be a registered democrat as of Oct. 2016.

There will always be reasons to try and smear one ideological opponent. But this young adult's motivation was clear. Bullying. Expulsion. Dead Mother. No future.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote: The young adult also appears to be a registered democrat as of Oct. 2016.

There will always be reasons to try and smear one ideological opponent. But this young adult's motivation was clear. Bullying. Expulsion. Dead Mother. No future.
That is just impossible. Mothers are flawless. MRAs are therefore responsible because they want men to have child custody when legally appropriate.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Really? wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Missed opportunity.

The Trump Maga hat was from the wrong instagram account, to my understanding. I did see an allahu Akbar and he is not Lily white, so I am guessing he is in the long line of white terrorists with zero mental illness like Zimmerman and Sideshow Bob from the Denver theater massacre.
It seems the Allah Akbar phrase was mocking, with an anti-muslim slur.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-flo ... story.html

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote: Henry Crun and Eccles
screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm
Keating wrote: Great. Now it’s out of context, and I look like Steersman.
Yea, I get a lot of that too - people unwilling to look at the context and then leaping to untenable conclusions ... ;)
Splendid! Splendid, my boy. Keep running those self-justification routines and you'll soon catch up with the rest of us, here in 1953. What's that? Why am I here? Well, everyone's got to be somewhere.....

A Goon moment brought you by Henry Crun and Eccles, available in a coal cellar near you. Now carry on (hmm...could make a funny movie from that phrase!)
"Henry Crun and Eccles" - LoL; learn something new everyday ...

But can I take it then that that you either didn't see or weren't impressed with my earlier quote of Lenny Bruce? Where he said, "Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness"? And you wouldn't think that circumlocutions like "the N-word" - their naked forms being enough to cause women to break into tears, and even strong men to blanch - contribute to that suppression?

Don't think we're doing anyone any favours, blacks in particular, by pussyfooting around with "verbotenizing" specific words, particularly when that seems of a piece with a general unwillingness to oblige them, in general and particularly in America, to take some responsibility for the state of affairs of their own communities. Why else do think that Chris Rock - a black comedian, I might note for posterity, and for any lurkers in the crowd - would argue, with no little justification, that "there's a civil war between blacks and niggahs"? Somewhat apropos of which, some evidence that more sensible blacks are and have been kicking against the pricks, so to speak:

African American Pastors Rebuke Congressional Black Caucus, Launch Conservative Black Agenda for 2018

And:
BookerTWashington_ColouredPeople.jpg
(80.06 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

A modus operandi that is hardly unique to blacks in America. And, apropos of which, and a little closer to home, an article on:

Trudeau’s many missteps in response to the Gerald Stanley and Colten Boushie case

No doubt there is no shortage of quite egregious racism here in Canada, but our "virtue-signaling" Prime Minister seems rather too quick to entirely absolve "Indigenous Canadians" of all responsibility for the general predicament they're in, and for the fact that they are "26 per cent of our incarcerated population" while comprising only some 3 per cent of the whole. Trudeau, in basically promoting and peddling their "victim narrative" - which doesn't seem quite as tenable after the "first blush", has once again "shown his commendable willingness to at least aspire to being high-minded while exhibiting a worrisome tendency to succeed only at being soft-headed".

John D

Post by John D »

BTW - I am about as far from Florida as possible within the Eastern time zone. I am at the Ramada in Marquette Michigan. I am tending to my daughter who just got out of the psych hospital. She is doing pretty well all things considered. We are going to watch the dog sled race on Friday! I have no weapons with me.

I also think it is unwise to jump to conclusions about the Florida shooter. Remember that everyone thought the columbine shooters were bullied as well.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Doc Screwtape, you should write a memoir.
Doctor in the House?

Pseudomonas

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 am
You didn't tell us if you're still employed after you came out as alt-right to your boss.
She too was pissed and I hope think the relative hazes netted off.

On another note. I see your Nigger barabarism, which was top of page, is now last post of previous page.

This is bullshittery of Russian bot magnitude.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Peter Sweden has footage of the Muslim call to prayer blasting out over a Nordic hinterland.

This can only be a good thing demonstrating the peaceful coexistence of rich favours of culture under a common kirby values system.

I am filled with joy.

I am also pissed. Again.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Peter Sweden has footage of the Muslim call to prayer blasting out over a Nordic hinterland.

This can only be a good thing demonstrating the peaceful coexistence of rich favours of culture under a common kirby values system.

I am filled with joy.

I am also pissed. Again.
Only fair, the fucking Christian bells calling people to celebrate on a few days per year would have been blasting, if I'd been around to hear them when they were rung. Like 200 years ago. Or when a war is ended. Or a monarch is born, or buried or wed. Not exactly 5 fucking times a day, but still, bastards.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

13 dead at Columbine (plus the dickheads).

17 dead in Florida and the sheriff musters “Another difficult day, a detestable day ... “

It’s a wonderful world we live in. It’s a kind romantic place.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 pm

I am filled with joy.

I am also pissed. Again.
Maybe
Only fair, the fucking Christian bells calling people to celebrate on a few days per year would have been blasting, if I'd been around to hear them when they were rung. Like 200 years ago. Or when a war is ended. Or a monarch is born, or buried or wed. Not exactly 5 fucking times a day, but still, bastards.
Maybe. At least they’d be our bells.

I know. I know.

“Who is we”

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

shoutinghorse wrote: ... lets get it done.
What is it you're appealing for me to do ? Why is it my responsibility ? It's the government's job to implement their policy not mine.

You wouldn't ask me to help implement government policy on anything else so why this one thing ?

And what is the 'it' you want to 'get done' ?. Hammond is trying to get some damage limitation 'done'. Johnson is trying to get some vacuous-speechifying-so-he-can-be-prime-minister 'done' and May is trying to get some serious muddling-through-and-making-it-up-as-she-goes-along 'done' until someone puts her out of her misery. McDonnel is getting some Waiting-in-the-wings-until-the-public-give-him-a-chance-to-implement-hard-line-Stalinism 'done'.

Which of these projects are you telling me I'm obliged to support, again ?

By the way, I never took sides on this. I had no love for the EU, was fifty-fifty really and plumped for voting safety as I didn't want to lose my job in a recession. When the vote came through I wasn't too concerned, naively thinking the politicians had bothered to make some sort of plan for each of the outcomes of the referendum which they, themselves, had decided to call. So yes, I feel like a right chump now, but at least I don't have any responsibility for this debacle.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 pm
On another note. I see your Nigger barabarism, which was top of page, is now last post of previous page.

This is bullshittery of Russian bot magnitude.
Yeah, I wondered about that. I could only guess someone deleted a post?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: BTW - I am about as far from Florida as possible within the Eastern time zone. I am at the Ramada in Marquette Michigan. I am tending to my daughter who just got out of the psych hospital. She is doing pretty well all things considered. We are going to watch the dog sled race on Friday! I have no weapons with me.

I also think it is unwise to jump to conclusions about the Florida shooter. Remember that everyone thought the columbine shooters were bullied as well.
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think the shooting deaths had something to do with the AR-15.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

There's a new Godfrey in town:
I wonder if it's Parsehole?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
Bullets don't kill people, people who kill people with bullets kill people. Or is it the other way around?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

In shock news, we learn that a woman today successfully breastfed a baby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43071901

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

SM1957 wrote: In shock news, we learn that a woman today successfully breastfed a baby.

Since men can produce breast milk (galactorrhea) , I suppose it's not a push for trans M to F to do so
with some help.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
SM1957 wrote: In shock news, we learn that a woman today successfully breastfed a baby.

Since men can produce breast milk (galactorrhea) , I suppose it's not a push for trans M to F to do so
with some help.
It is great news for transgender women that, if you get your partner pregnant and she doesn't want to breastfeed, the doctors will help you produce milk.