snip

Best movies about Australia (that don't rely on Crocodile Dundee cliches):

Once were warriors
The Piano
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
District 9
Invictus
The shipping news.
:think: Hmm. Not sure if serious. Those are all Austrian movies.
Maybe the others, but I swear District 9 was set in Oz. They keep talking about prawns. There was something about a ship-full of illegal immigrants, too.
Bastard. The first three are NZ movies. And the second two are saffers. The other is from some other incontinent.

MarcusAu

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: Anyone sad enough to have watched this Sargon v Andrew Anglin (alt Right) debate? I'm 30mins in and this Anglin bloke and the host have only just let Sargon start talking without constantly interrupting.
It's over 5hrs long so no way am I watching it all.

There are shorter edited clips available - for example:

From what I gather Sargon was not there for the full 5 hours - he was more interested in criticising others, rather than supporting his own case (perhaps wisely). In other words he's quite happy to play the shitlord - but is not so happy if the same tactics are used against him.

And the Alt-Right do seem to have a hermetically sealed, internally consistent belief system - in which everything is explained by the over-arching conspiracy controlled by a certain group of people. So anyone giving push back is either part of the plot or an unwitting dupe.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oglebart wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: UK labour's grass roots movement Momentum are advertising for a 'Digital Campaigns and Fundraising Officer' Obviously after recent criticism over their non inclusive identity bollocks they have decided to go down a somewhat more legal route to discriminate against problematic white men.

https://i.imgur.com/t5Kxehx.png

In case anyone is thinking of applying. ;)
https://peoplesmomentum.workable.com/j/1ACC964EC6
How about the fact that the Labour party is very much controlled by two straight white men, namely Corbyn and McDonnell? Is that ok?
Labour is increasingly seen as the party for non-white people and preening Middle Class types, and is busy chasing every single "minority". It is getting into trouble with its "all women" shortlists being hijacked by transwomen, and Labour have suspended several women (all "feminists", all were feminists) for the crime of "transphobia". They host segregated meetings in Muslim areas, and now we are getting all the latest regressive po-mo nonsense cited above. They increasingly remind me of Trudeau in Canada.

Sadly, for its traditional white working class voters, the useless Tories are not much of an alternative. The Lib Dems are infuriatingly metropolitan, and fail to defend secular and liberal values when they are called upon to do so, and UKIP have collapsed, not that they were a credible alternative anyway.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote: From what I gather Sargon was not there for the full 5 hours - he was more interested in criticising others, rather than supporting his own case (perhaps wisely). In other words he's quite happy to play the shitlord - but is not so happy if the same tactics are used against him.

And the Alt-Right do seem to have a hermetically sealed, internally consistent belief system - in which everything is explained by the over-arching conspiracy controlled by a certain group of people. So anyone giving push back is either part of the plot or an unwitting dupe.
To be honest I don't know who most of these Alt Right dudes are neither do I really care, I came across this via Count Dankula's twitter and thought I'd have a look. Sargon clearly states that he just wanted a chat and not a full on debate, they were having none of it. I get the impression Sargon is now seen as easy meat to the Alt Right after they perceive (wrongly IMO) that he was 'destroyed' by Richard Spencer. He would do well to steer clear, they do appear to be slightly unhinged to say the least.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I wonder what this means, seeing as he's answered his own question already. The history is what it is.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

THE SHITTING NEWS was a complete piece of dog shit. But thankfully, as it stars Kevin Spacey, all copies have now been destroyed. It was directed by Lasse Hallström, Phil's favorite director of all time, renowned for other masterworks of dog shit like MY LIFE AS DOG SHIT, THE CIDER HOUSE RULZ!, and CHOCOLAT, the latter being a bad rip-off of LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE except missing an 'E' and with the chocolate made out of dog shit.

Annie Proulx, who wrote The Shitting News, is a completely fucking retarded author. BAREBACK MOUNTAIN was supposedly about two gay cowboys except they aren't cowboys they're sheepboys so it's hardly much of a leap to go from fucking sheep to fucking your buddy in the ass. BAREBACK MOUNTAIN stars Heath Ledger, which makes it an honorary Austrian film, and which makes everyone cry twice as hard when watching this piece of dog shit because Heath offed himself.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Holy roller Peez (comes perilously close to admitting "social justice" isn't an inevitable consequence of atheism).

https://imgur.com/X6AFd0V.png

https://twitter.com/pzmyers/status/958774213321592832

It's a good thing scorn only affirms his rectitude. Being in a clique with Shives-Arel-McDermott doesn't pull much praise.

https://imgur.com/dK0wfJc.png

https://imgur.com/4yHO2oL.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sulman wrote: I wonder what this means, seeing as he's answered his own question already. The history is what it is.
MIT founded by a slave owner? Really. There is no option but to pull the rancid rotten edifice down like the monument to Confederacy that it is.

And reparations.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: THE SHITTING NEWS was a complete piece of dog shit. But thankfully, as it stars Kevin Spacey, all copies have now been destroyed. It was directed by Lasse Hallström, Phil's favorite director of all time, renowned for other masterworks of dog shit like MY LIFE AS DOG SHIT, THE CIDER HOUSE RULZ!, and CHOCOLAT, the latter being a bad rip-off of LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE except missing an 'E' and with the chocolate made out of dog shit.
(snip)
https://pics.me.me/forgettide-pods-take ... 821067.png

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Old_ones wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: THE SHITTING NEWS was a complete piece of dog shit. But thankfully, as it stars Kevin Spacey, all copies have now been destroyed. It was directed by Lasse Hallström, Phil's favorite director of all time, renowned for other masterworks of dog shit like MY LIFE AS DOG SHIT, THE CIDER HOUSE RULZ!, and CHOCOLAT, the latter being a bad rip-off of LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE except missing an 'E' and with the chocolate made out of dog shit.
(snip)
https://pics.me.me/forgettide-pods-take ... 821067.png
Every generation has its stupid fad. I remember kids sniffing white-out when I was in middle school.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Pz goes another round with the lobster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqx57l781WM

This seems about his level. Comments are open, this is a super tame cult slap fight so far.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

There's currently a thread on r/gamerghazi that bemoans the misogynistic state of modern atheism.

Apparently, the failure of Atheism+ was largely due to the Pit's love of doxxing and not because it was a forum composed entirely of dysfunctional zampolits.
ThetamingoftheMew 3 points 15 hours ago
And then there's 'Atheism+' in which the pendulum swings. I'm kind of happy that all of these atheism 'movements' fell on their face, because a lot of them are 'Atheism, with this other stuff attached.' Nah, I'll keep my lack of belief, safe and pure and unassailable as when I first found it, thanks.
[Arawhon🤘😈🤘 SATANIC JOLLY WARLOCKS CONJURE WHITE GENOCIDE! 🤘😈🤘 2 points 7 hours ago

Atheism+ was atheism plus social justice, where the atheism was informed and bolstered by social justice. The lack of god, and thus the lack of belief in the tenets of this god was taken as the first step in reasoning toward social justice. Thus atheism+. It "fell on its face" becasue the new atheist shitflingers and hatemongers that belonged to a group called the Slymepit basically doxxed a ton of people, and threw unholy shitfits about their pure unassailable lack of belief meaning nothing more than unbelief and definitely did not inform any other aspects of their nasty beliefs.

Its funny, you'd think the people of Ghazi would be interested in or like Atheism+.

Also, no belief is pure and unassailable. All of them inform or alter other beliefs.
That username has a unmistakeably Pharyngulan flair to it, that's for sure.

https://archive.is/vf9MZ

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I always thought of the 'Pyt as more doxxed against than doxxing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 am
So did you hear the one about Michael Shermer and the Jewish Holocaust revisionist?

http://takimag.com/article/michael_sher ... z56vD2GyyL
I don't know who this Taki person is, but (referring to Google's Xin Luna Dong):
The Dong plan is flaccid and underdeveloped. It’ll need some hands-on polishing if it’s not to prove hopelessly dysfunctional.
Kaboom!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:14 pm
download/file.php?id=5169
Too late, Emily -- you've achieved lobster-level notoriety.
I would say the foolishness was fully embodied by the original tweet.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

MarcusAu wrote: I always thought of the 'Pyt as more doxxed against than doxxing.
Doxing is a bannable offence here, has been ever since I've been reading. Let's not let facts get in the way though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

where is damion when you need him?

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 am
where is damion when you need him?
He is either at home or at his mother's home.

Do you want both addresses?

-Soylent

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

im pissed and i just subjected my boss to a vicky inspired rant.

transpires her sister in law was (bullshit) at Auschwitz. i told her to get a pic of her tattoo or it didn't happen.

i can only see upside in this exchange

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ape+lust wrote: A woman having a Sasha Pixlee moment. If she would just find an open sewer to leap into, she'd never again have to worry about "sucking Black joy" with her tawdry white presence.

https://imgur.com/Lw44jBG.png

https://twitter.com/elakdawalla/status/ ... 4959715328
I'm trying to think of how she could diminish the joy of African Americans just be showing up at the same movie showing and the only thing I can think of is that she normally dresses like this when she goes to the cinema.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C3599C/peta-me ... C3599C.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Brive1987 wrote: im pissed and i just subjected my boss to a vicky inspired rant.

transpires her sister in law was (bullshit) at Auschwitz. i told her to get a pic of her tattoo or it didn't happen.

Thats like the beginning of an old Bernard Manning joke.

"People say I'm racist but they really don't know me.

They are often surprised to hear my father died in Auschwitz.

His gun went off when he was cleaning it"

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Oglebart wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I always thought of the 'Pyt as more doxxed against than doxxing.
Doxing is a bannable offence here, has been ever since I've been reading. Let's not let facts get in the way though.
To be fair, SkepTickle was once a member of Atheism plus and she did get doxxed...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

dick, im now 3 hours down the burrow and my life will never be the same

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

dick, im now 3 hours down the burrow and my life will never be the same

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

quite the echo down here

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: ick, im now 3 hours down the burrow and my life will never be the same
Brive1987 wrote: ick, im now 3 hours down the burrow and my life will never be the same
On the contrary - if you are going to repeat the same thing over and over again - your life is exactly the same.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dick Strawkins wrote: I'm trying to think of how she could diminish the joy of African Americans just be showing up at the same movie showing
Because this line of reasoning is about dividing people into their own specific "spaces", "lanes", etc., since white people are an inherent danger to non-white people's happiness and safety. It's basically white isolationism, only with reversed polarity (instead of white=good and non-white=bad, it's white=bad and non-white=good).

Ultimately emphasizing identity at the expense of everything else always leads to segregation of identities.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I'm trying to think of how she could diminish the joy of African Americans just be showing up at the same movie showing and the only thing I can think of is that she normally dresses like this when she goes to the cinema.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C3599C/peta-me ... C3599C.jpg
I'm sure there are plenty of people that would enjoy the opportunity to give their feedback to someone dressed like this.

Jerry Springer and Howard Stern did not get popular for no reason after all.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:39 am
quite the echo down here
Don't you mean (((echo)))?

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Lsuoma wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:03 pm
I thought D9 was SA.
I was hoping for a BPE, oh well. ;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Snapfingers wrote: I was hoping for a BPE, oh well. ;)
Fair enough -
BPE Bureau of Pilgrimage and Endowment

Otherwise - you can pick one yourself:

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BPE

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

I like BPE=Benign Prostate Enlargement. Unless it makes me walk funny.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Would it diminish black joy to point out that Black Panther was created by a couple of Jews?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Those dogs are getting hungrier by the day.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

It would be ironic if Stan Lee was turned away at the cinema door for being an old white cis-gendered shitlord.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm looking for a scientific calculator that can both perform statistical functions and reinforce my status as the office alpha male by intimidating other men and making me irresistible to women.

Any recommendations?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: I'm looking for a scientific calculator that can both perform statistical functions and reinforce my status as the office alpha male by intimidating other men and making me irresistible to women.

Any recommendations?
http://www.voidware.com/calcs/images/fx82-1.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Would it diminish black joy to point out that Black Panther was created by a couple of Jews?
She probably thinks it's a biopic about Bobby Seale.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Shatterface wrote: I'm looking for a scientific calculator that can both perform statistical functions and reinforce my status as the office alpha male by intimidating other men and making me irresistible to women.

Any recommendations?
It’s not what calculator you use that makes you intimidating, but rather what numbers you type. Try 1134206 followed by 3104558. That should do it (read upside down, of course).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If you want to go old school - a slide-rule has more of romantic feel about it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7a/27/85/7a27 ... 8851d2.jpg

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

MarcusAu wrote:

Any recommendations?
http://www.voidware.com/calcs/images/fx82-1.jpg
That has given me quite terrible memories of school.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote: If you want to go old school - a slide-rule has more of romantic feel about it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7a/27/85/7a27 ... 8851d2.jpg
Awesome.

John D

Post by John D »

The internet is broken... haha. I used to actually use Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB to look at movie ratings. Well... "Black Panther" is breaking these sites. Rotten Tomatoes has officially come out with a statement that they will block "hate speech" so the movie has a 98% score (witch means it is one of the best movies of this decade! haha! Somehow I doubt this.). IMDB has only two ratings from users... either a 10 or a 1. WTF! Damn movie isn't even out yet.

2-13-2018 10-48-58 AM.jpg
(64.12 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The box office is the best indicator for movies, lets just see how many bums on seats it gets, not forgetting honky is banned. :naughty:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Any recommendations?
Internalize the tactile sense of using an abacus, so you can do lightning calculations by tapping on a tabletop.

[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Any recommendations?
HP15C. Even better than the 11C. However, if you're in a programming environment, an HP16C is the mutts nuts.

I might also suggest a really classy slide rule as well - something like the Faber Castell Novo-BiPlex 2/83. That was a real knicker-loosener at the astronomy labs when I was a tyro...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Black Panther's 98% has nothing to do with "blocking hate speech" because the professional critics aren't the ones leaving retarded jigaboo trolling fuckery, not even the bottom of the barrel blog reviewers. What they're refering to is user review astroturfing. User reviews are tabulated completely separately.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shem the Penman (who makes damion seem like an upfront interlocutor ) after gish galloping all over Facciani's Peterson post and refusing to answer a single question put to him, indirectly responds over at his own blog regarding the beauty of Relativsim:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/driventoab ... more-ever/

So I asked him some questions on how one can absolutely know there are no absolutes, etc.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh wait, this was in response to Facciani's post, where he expands on his poo-poo-ing of the danger of leftist radicalism on campus, while extolling the virtue of radicalism on campus:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/driventoab ... alarmists/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hewlett Packard F2229A Graphing Calculator.

From the product review:
Not for sale to persons under the age of 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over. This item must be used responsibly and appropriately.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:

Any recommendations?
HP15C. Even better than the 11C. However, if you're in a programming environment, an HP16C is the mutts nuts.

I might also suggest a really classy slide rule as well - something like the Faber Castell Novo-BiPlex 2/83. That was a real knicker-loosener at the astronomy labs when I was a tyro...
I kissed a girl in front of a UNIVAC once. You should get yourself one of those.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:

Any recommendations?

I kissed a girl in front of a UNIVAC once. You should get yourself one of those.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Brive1987 wrote: im pissed and i just subjected my boss to a vicky inspired rant.

UK pissed or US pissed? Not sure what it means in the colonies.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shit-stirring Aussies.

https://imgur.com/VQJxe8F.png

http://junkee.com/black-panther-reviews ... lia/146487

That movie has got everyone on Twitter calling everyone else racist. The shit's really flying over there. If it has any effect on boxoffice, it can't be good.

John D

Post by John D »

Sunder wrote: Black Panther's 98% has nothing to do with "blocking hate speech" because the professional critics aren't the ones leaving retarded jigaboo trolling fuckery, not even the bottom of the barrel blog reviewers. What they're refering to is user review astroturfing. User reviews are tabulated completely separately.
I agree. I find it odd that the critics love it so well however... but maybe it is the best super-hero movie of all time... because it would have to be. The critics give it higher ratings than the original Iron-man or X-Men movies.... or Dark Knight....or... any other super-hero movie ever made. Haha. Something is up in Gotham!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

the first ever film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to focus on a hero of colour.
Pretty much every comic book hero is some weird color.

John D

Post by John D »

Ape+lust wrote: Shit-stirring Aussies.

https://imgur.com/VQJxe8F.png

http://junkee.com/black-panther-reviews ... lia/146487

That movie has got everyone on Twitter calling everyone else racist. The shit's really flying over there. If it has any effect on boxoffice, it can't be good.
It's simple I think. Reviewers need clicks and they out do each other for fans. It would be nice if their were some critics out there that didn't just compete with each other to gush over bs. There used to be a time when critics actually tried to find problems with movies to push movies to be better. It is just weird. Most Netflix series are better than most movies now. The whole thing's a big farce.

I mean really? Black Panther is better than Lord of the Rings. Or... I'm supposed to believe that it is better than Glengarry Glen Ross, or 2001, or original Star Wars. This better be the best movie I have seen in 30 years.

Whatever.... fucking Hollywood cunts... who the fuck cares.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 am
The internet is broken... haha. I used to actually use Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB to look at movie ratings. Well... "Black Panther" is breaking these sites. Rotten Tomatoes has officially come out with a statement that they will block "hate speech" so the movie has a 98% score (witch means it is one of the best movies of this decade! haha! Somehow I doubt this.). IMDB has only two ratings from users... either a 10 or a 1. WTF! Damn movie isn't even out yet.

2-13-2018 10-48-58 AM.jpg
It was always broken. This case scenario just brought it to your attention.