There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kirbmarc wrote:
And yet they're willing to ally themselves with the GCC countries against Iran, despite the fact the GCC countries are ruled by Sunni islamists.
Are you saying that Israel has an active alliance with the GCC countries, and if so, how?
Last I heard it was indirect and via their support of the Salafis. That could have changed by now I suppose. Their alliance with Saudi Arabia appears to be still holding. If that makes no sense to you remember they have a common enemy in Iran (Shia).

Incidental, it is strongly suspected that the quarrel between Saudi Arabia and Quatar is because Quatar has been "reaching out" to Iran inducing mouth frothing range in Saudi Arabia.

Forgot that nonsense about Quatar sponsoring "terrorism" by supporting the Salafis. Everyone is in bed with one Salafi faction or the other. This by the way, includes not only the usual suspects but includes the UK, USA (two different factions, one by the CIA, one by the pentagon) Israel and Turkey.
free thoughtpolice wrote: As for being more comfortable dealing with sunnis instead of shites :drool: who can blame them? Other than sunni Palestinians, Egypt and Jordan aren't causing them grief. The sunni in Lebanon aren't threatening them.
Hezbollah is openly hostile and right on their northern border and closely allied with openly hostile Iran. If the enemies of your enemies aren't outright friends but are less hostile than your enemies, then it is only natural to root for your enemies enemies at least.
Both Kirbmarc and I have said this repeatedly. There are no good guys in this. No one has clean hands.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Both Kirbmarc and I have said this repeatedly. There are no good guys in this. No one has clean hands.
No need to rub it in

http://newmail-ng.com/wp-content/upload ... 00x350.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Maybe it's the Syrian Kurds. I'll grant you that they seem more interested in saving their own asses than in killing others (even though they too engaged in minor ethnic cleansing against the Turkish minority in Afrin). But they're not a big power, indeed they're not even a minor power.
Kurds really need a homeland. They've kinda gotten a raw deal.
But who has to give whey for that to occur?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 am
I have only watched the first hour, but the first hour does a pretty good job of demonstrating the calibre of the people who built the orthodox narrative. It goes way beyond the normal inaccuracies and elaboration you find with witness testimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kTEF8_g-Vg

I know this is encroaching on people's safe spaces, and it might actually be illegal for some of people on this forum to watch this. It is probably illegal for me to watch this. Which is probably why you should watch this, after all we wouldn't want to be in a bubble would we? I have never argued for teaching both sides of the controversy, but we should at least be aware of what the controversy is.

That's my last word on the subject.
I suffered through 30 minutes of the guy's lame crap. Standard denialist fare, a succession of easily dismissed ignorant assertions.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Has anybody else noted that when folks to the far right of center say something really stupid and get called on it, they say "sorry for invading your safe space" or "triggered" or a variation thereof? As though it was the brutal nature of their "truth" caused someone to be upset, rsther than the fact that fact they were posting idiocy continuously?

Just curious.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Just thought I'd mention Siddhartha Mukherjee's The Gene: An Intimate History is 99p on Kindle today.

Haven't read it yet but his earlier book The Emperor of all Maladies was one of the best books I read last year so I snapped this Up.

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/bo ... 500_hr.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Strange that our prime minister would choose to feel that he knows better than a jury that has heard all the evidence and listened to the witnesses.
Just spoke with @Puglaas. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow the Boushie family is feeling tonight. Sending love to them from the US.

— @JustinTrudeau
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37929427/

I can understand that the hangfire defense fits the facts, and doesn't mean he is innocent, but simply that there is reasonable doubt about his guilt. Isn't that why we have trials, rather than automatically condemning someone because it suits the 'nation to nation' nonsense we are enduring?
Not to mention the victim of the shooting wasn't exactly an angel and had been engaging in indigenous hijinks. One would think that would give people crying "murder" pause. Nope.
Let me get this straight: They barge onto somebody's property looking to steal a vehicle, and end up getting shot. Tough shit. Does Canada have no Castle Defense law?

Farmer gets acquitted, yet the state is seeking a retrial. Does Canada have no Double Jeopardy law?

And Prime Minister Zoolander virtue-signals his love of the First Peoples.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: Strange that our prime minister would choose to feel that he knows better than a jury that has heard all the evidence and listened to the witnesses.
Just spoke with @Puglaas. I can't imagine the grief and sorrow the Boushie family is feeling tonight. Sending love to them from the US.

— @JustinTrudeau

I can understand that the hangfire defense fits the facts, and doesn't mean he is innocent, but simply that there is reasonable doubt about his guilt. Isn't that why we have trials, rather than automatically condemning someone because it suits the 'nation to nation' nonsense we are enduring?
Not to mention the victim of the shooting wasn't exactly an angel and had been engaging in indigenous hijinks. One would think that would give people crying "murder" pause. Nope.
Let me get this straight: They barge onto somebody's property looking to steal a vehicle, and end up getting shot. Tough shit. Does Canada have no Castle Defense law?

Farmer gets acquitted, yet the state is seeking a retrial. Does Canada have no Double Jeopardy law?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote: Just thought I'd mention Siddhartha Mukherjee's The Gene: An Intimate History is 99p on Kindle today.

Haven't read it yet but his earlier book The Emperor of all Maladies was one of the best books I read last year so I snapped this Up.

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/bo ... 500_hr.jpg
I'll be buying it for a buck, but Emperor was extremely disappointing. Not enough science to be a science book about cancer and not enough medicine to be a medical memoir. Really boring, I had to slog through it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Still $14.99 in the good ole US of A.

And an absolutely, brutally ugly cover. Not sure why the Mondrian feel, and the convection is all over the place. Alex Gabriel level shite.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

— @JustinTrudeau

Self defence is tricky in Canada. Using excessive force beyond what you need to defend yourself will get you trouble.
I guess we need more castles. :(

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The US and Canada are conspicuously short on castles. You guys really should have had a Middle Ages.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote: The US and Canada are conspicuously short on castles. You guys really should have had a Middle Ages.
Alas, there is one that exists on the rock on which I dwell. Behold the following link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craigdarroch_Castle

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The US and Canada are conspicuously short on castles. You guys really should have had a Middle Ages.
Alas, there is one that exists on the rock on which I dwell. Behold the following link:
Bullshit. It's a big Victorian house.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

In Victoria.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BC.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Not BS.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I'm building a big synth.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And chasing sequential posts.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I could force it by disabling posting by cunts.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

But I prefer not to.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Upset the wankers, that is...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

OK??

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And I'm listening to The Fall.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

RIP Mark E. Smith.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Who died last month.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That's it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

mike150160 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am
Kurds really need a homeland. They've kinda gotten a raw deal.
Give the Kurds a homeland? No whey!
Cheesy
I was not going to comment but ... Alright listen up. If you "gave" the Kurds a homeland rather than the de facto enclaves they have right now this map below has been proposed.

https://insidesyriamcen.files.wordpress ... =940&h=686

I doubt Turkey would be willing to officially cede territory to the "Mountain Turks" and you would have similar issues with Syria to link Afrin with the rest of Kurdistan. Never mind that Turkey is engaged in Afrin with the aim of kicking out and keeping out the YPG/SDF.

Then there is the matter of the Iraq-Kurdish Civil War. I believe that their internal civil war never actually ended, and it would re-escalate and during all this the Kurds would continue their unofficial war with Turkey.

Their best bet IMO would be for them to consolidate in Iraq. I doubt that will happen any time soon however.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

In the next few days, I'm hoping to see Jordan Peterson condemn North Korea just to see the range of behaviors from all his haters across the political spectrum.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:21 pm

I was not going to comment but ... Alright listen up. If you "gave" the Kurds a homeland rather than the de facto enclaves they have right now this map below has been proposed.

https://insidesyriamcen.files.wordpress ... =940&h=686

I doubt Turkey would be willing to officially cede territory to the "Mountain Turks" and you would have similar issues with Syria to link Afrin with the rest of Kurdistan. Never mind that Turkey is engaged in Afrin with the aim of kicking out and keeping out the YPG/SDF.

Then there is the matter of the Iraq-Kurdish Civil War. I believe that their internal civil war never actually ended, and it would re-escalate and during all this the Kurds would continue their unofficial war with Turkey.

Their best bet IMO would be for them to consolidate in Iraq. I doubt that will happen any time soon however.
It seems curious the advocates for a Palestinian State are silent (?) on a separate Kurdistan. And do the Kurds actually have a stronger claim to a state than the Palestinians, considering there is clearly a separate Kurdish culture, and there really is no separate Palestinian culture apart from being Arabs (mostly Jordanian Arabs?)

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Start here:

Crochet Idolatry Among the #Resistance

concluding here:

Keating

Post by Keating »

I'm drunk.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm
It seems curious the advocates for a Palestinian State are silent (?) on a separate Kurdistan. And do the Kurds actually have a stronger claim to a state than the Palestinians, considering there is clearly a separate Kurdish culture, and there really is no separate Palestinian culture apart from being Arabs (mostly Jordanian Arabs?)
The only solution to the Palestine issue is that one side has to die, right down to the last woman and child. That is what it boils down to. Peaceful coexistence was never an option.

No one can admit this of course. Personally, I just ignore the blather about two state solution, injustice, bla bla bla. Both sides want each other dead.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Keating wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 pm
I'm drunk.

Not high on life? Bummer.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I made beetroot colour pasta and managed to drink a whole bottle of wine. AMA before it wears off.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:02 pm

The only solution to the Palestine issue is that one side has to die, right down to the last woman and child. That is what it boils down to. Peaceful coexistence was never an option.

No one can admit this of course. Personally, I just ignore the blather about two state solution, injustice, bla bla bla. Both sides want each other dead.
Yes, but my question is genuinely about the Kurds.

Has no one made any comparison between the Kurds and the Palestinians? Or why isn't it a good analogy...

Keating

Post by Keating »

The kurds don't bomb Jews and are all communists.

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Jack Wooster wrote: Many if not most people living in the UK in the late 19th-early 20th century had it pretty bad, those dark satanic mills were no picnic, and probably no better than the colonies. It took the state of recruits in the first world war to make working class malnutrician an issue.
The working class/poor classes always had it bad, everywhere and at any time. Even today, in the US, there are plenty of poor white people who had it bad, and some of them actually voted for Donnie Trump hoping he'd protect their interests (he won't). This doesn't mean that the US as a whole has it as badly as Iran or Saudi Arabia, to say nothing of North Korea or Venezuela.

Incidentally this is one of the reasons why the SocJus is retarded, they downplay class and wealth all the time, and base everything on race/gender/sexual identity and on group averages.

Oprah is actually incredibly privileged, just like Hillary Clinton or most of the Hollywood actress who whine about how sexist Hollywood is. Anita Sarkeesian or Rebecca Watson might not be as rich, but still they are so privileged that the only thing they have to worry about are internet trolls. A poor white man in Alabama or an unemployed father in Michigan are far less privileged than most of the media/youtube snowflakes.

But of course this doesn't mean that even poor people in the US don't actually have some privileges when compared to, say, poor people in a non-democratic country.
In colonial times though the working class did not have the vote. The majority of British soldiers who fought in WW1 didn't have the vote. The BBC is very excited about some women getting the vote 100 years ago, but forgets to mention all the men who were going to vote for the first time as well.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

— @JustinTrudeau

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Has no one made any comparison between the Kurds and the Palestinians? Or why isn't it a good analogy...
Ask Vickie, she's the expert on everything she claims to be. Anything that doesn't fit her Nazi agenda is handwaved away with 'no, i don't think so. So....... no."

I don't know what the neo-Nazi idiot thinks she is in her fucked up head but this is the closest representation I can find of the moron in reality land:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances ... u-lose.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote: I made beetroot colour pasta and managed to drink a whole bottle of wine. AMA before it wears off.
Never drink so much you forgot you ate beetroot. You'll scare the hell out of yourself when you go the toilet the next day.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Keating wrote: I made beetroot colour pasta and managed to drink a whole bottle of wine. AMA before it wears off.
Anything? What prompted you to join the Slymepit?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Lsuoma wrote: I could force it by disabling posting by cunts.

That would wipe out the Pit. To a man, woman and dog.

You fucking Nazi.

Did Vicki put you up to this?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

My family had a castle once upon a time. And a monster. Fucking English took it. But they'll ne'er take oor freedom.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 pm
Anything? What prompted you to join the Slymepit?
I was happy lucking and posting as anon. I only joined when I noticed I could be the 1000th member.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I could force it by disabling posting by cunts.

That would wipe out the Pit. To a man, woman and dog.

You fucking Nazi.

Did Vicki put you up to this?
Of course she will deny everything and link to a neo-Nazi site to deny it.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 pm
Never drink so much you forgot you ate beetroot. You'll scare the hell out of yourself when you go the toilet the next day.
This has happened to me too many times.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

And tell us how much smarter she is than the rest of us Jew-loving-infected idiots.

Cause who isn't smarter than a Jew-lover? And exhaust gas is perfectly alright to breathe. Cause - hand waving magic happens here - and to say breathing exhaust gas won't kill you is a Jew conspiracy, cause - hand waving magic happens here - and Vicki is smarter than all of you idiots. Cause she basically tells you that in every post the moron makes. And that makes it true. No hand-waving involved.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 am
I have only watched the first hour, but the first hour does a pretty good job of demonstrating the calibre of the people who built the orthodox narrative. It goes way beyond the normal inaccuracies and elaboration you find with witness testimony.

[BBvideo=853,480]htt.ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kTEF8_g-Vg[/BBvideo]

I know this is encroaching on people's safe spaces, and it might actually be illegal for some of people on this forum to watch this. It is probably illegal for me to watch this. Which is probably why you should watch this, after all we wouldn't want to be in a bubble would we? I have never argued for teaching both sides of the controversy, but we should at least be aware of what the controversy is.

That's my last word on the subject.
If this is the denialists best csse, well I'll deep dive. I survived 'the greatest story never told"
I suffered through 30 minutes of the guy's lame crap. Standard denialist fare, a succession of easily dismissed ignorant assertions.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote:
It happened to me once.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

I'm sober.

But I'm working on it

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

KenD wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:00 pm
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but with the ongoing calls to get rid of ring girls in boxing, the promo model topic is still in the news...

Does anyone buy Beverley Turner's claim that in the 2000's lad's mags were so "omnipotent" that successful female presenters like herself were all effectively forced to get their kit off?

I can think of a few other presenters from back then who I wouldn't have minded seeing like this in FHM:

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/m ... 442836.jpg

Unfortunately for me most of them somehow escaped that "impossible" decision.

Of course she still glams up and puts some skin on display when working as a presenter or going to showbiz events with her sportsman husband...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/ ... 4x1178.jpg

...but that's completely different from being an "enemy of feminism" like a promo model:

Bonus cuntiness from the Independent's chief sportswriter:

"Sisters need saving from themselves" should be the official motto of modern feminism.

Jordan Peterson would claim that the promo girls were putting on make up and lipstick to make themselves sexually attractive.

That is the purest nonsense. No man would look at a promo girl wearing make up and think she is sexually attractive. That is an Alt-Right fantasy.

The correct position for him to take is that 'All men are rapists' and 'Men and women can work together in the workplace without sexual harrasssment ever happening'

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

In true Crocodile Dundee form " that's not a castle, this is a castle" This is one of the closest to me. Anyone know it? Without reverse image search?

http://www.devonweddingguide.com/edited ... 40-400.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Major debunking of Vicky’s “One Third of the Holocaust” video. Over 10 years ago.
http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... html#debuv

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Quincy Jones is lifting eyebrows with an interview in Vulture magazine :shock:

First, he says the Beatles were the worst musicians in the world. "No-playing motherfuckers," he calls them :lol:

Then he says Paul Allen is a credible Hendrix mimic. Yeah, THAT Paul Allen. The Vulture article has a link to a video of Allen soloing..... ummm, in this case, Jones is full of shit.

Then, he says:

https://imgur.com/v6SuPT5.png

Now, grab your socks:

https://imgur.com/Ep4Wjrt.png

And if you figure he's crazy or bullshitting, Pryor's widow pops up:

https://imgur.com/algAMqZ.png

https://imgur.com/VFUswiA.png

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-j ... ation.html

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/07/richard-p ... on-brando/

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Shatterface wrote: Siddhartha Mukherjee
not as good: https://www.nature.com/articles/533178a

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Shit hit the fan at a Sacramento Science Fair. Try to keep your race realist robot from googling it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I am not aware of any comparison. Someone could have and I could have very easily missed it. So many things to do and only 24hours in a day.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:11 am

I am not aware of any comparison. Someone could have and I could have very easily missed it. So many things to do and only 24hours in a day.
I hear ya, #metoo, but in the meantime, I did some googling and apparently the comparison was made... and rejected.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comme ... r-homeland
How Palestinians came to reject Kurdish demands for a homeland
The Kurdish independence referendum is going ahead, despite widespread international opposition [AFP]
Date of publication: 25 September, 2017

After months of preparations, expectations in Erbil are high.

On September 25, millions of Kurds in northern Iraq will finally vote in a referendum that touches a raw nerve in the history of nations - do the Kurds deserve a state of their own?

The question to which the Kurds will give an answer in the ballot is not short: "Do you want the Kurdistan region and the Kurdistani areas outside the region's administration to become an independent state?" The ballot will, in a sign of its complex reality, be available in four languages - Kurdish, Arabic, Turkmen and Syriac.

This is asking for trouble.

Baghdad has called the referendum "unconstitutional", and said it would take "all means necessary" to prevent it. Both Turkey and Iran, who both have large Kurdish minorities, have threatened military action. Syria, weakened after six years of civil war, cannot make a viable threat, but instead poses as an example of what ethnic and religious strife can lead to.

Realpolitik

However, the Kurds seem tired of paying the price of the ever-relevant "realpolitik" in the region, or for that matter the considerations of the greater powers like the US and Russia, and will go ahead with the referendum. Many Kurds hope for a historic game-changer, a Krexit, if you will.

But few reactions have been more surprising than that of the Palestinian government - the representatives of another people fighting for independence and a state of their own.

Palestinian diplomats even travelled to Erbil in the semiautonomous area of the Kurdistan Regional Government in order to tell the Kurds that their aspirations would not fly.

Dissonance

Despite the Palestinian struggle for freedom, the Palestinian leadership in Ramallah has decided to oppose a Kurdish independent state, regardless of the similarities of their historic struggles. Many Palestinians, however, are aware of the dissonance, and several have sought to distance themselves from the government's decision.

"Purely on a personal level, I understand the Kurds, and believe they do deserve a state," Ghassan Khattib, a former minister and adviser to the late Arafat, told The New Arab. "If you ask ordinary Palestinians, you will also hear the same sentiment."

Still, the Palestinian position on Kurdish independence is not new. In 2015, before the issue of the referendum hit the wider Arab agenda, the Palestinians said no.

"Kurdish independence would be a poisoned sword against the Arabs," Saeb Erekat, a long-time peace negotiator and an adviser to President Mahmoud Abbas, told Al Arabiya. But the Palestinian leadership could not have approached this any differently, says Khalil Shikaki, a renowned political analyst and the leading pollster in Palestine.

"It is unthinkable that the Palestinians would go against a decision of the Arab League and support the break-up of an Arab state," Shikaki told The New Arab.

Shikaki also rejected any comparison between the Palestinian and the Kurdish struggles: "If we were talking about a hostile military occupation in Iraq, I would imagine the Palestinian people would be against it. But the perception here is that the Kurdish region is not controlled by an occupying army."

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Today in our new feature "Who'd have thought it?" is the shocking news that some men enlisted the services of prostitutes.

https://news.sky.com/story/minister-war ... l-11245657

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Why do you have Kevin Spacey as your avatar, and aren't you enabling rape by not changing it?